NATION

PASSWORD

Antihero Force (OOC/RP is finished)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Quebec and France
Envoy

Founded: Nov 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Quebec and France » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:52 am

Christian Confederation wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
Alright Dixie your move

I assume he's not indestructible on the inside so I just put a gun in the eye hole Hendricks made. So he's eather about to die or get really ped off.

I'm fairly sure you're kinda off set now, due to what I did.
Federation of the French - Fédération de la Francophonie - Foederatio Gallica
——— Quebec —————— and ———]——— France ———
The Federation of the French is a french and latin-speaking dual-monarchy located in North America and Europe. We are well known for our technology, armed forces, culinary culture and international involvement. NS Stats not used.
Association de Presse Nationale- Terror attack in Vancouver, War on Terror Begins.
Factbooks, Storefronts | Alternate reality | Our region

Christian Confederation
Senator

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:16 am

Quebec and France wrote:
Christian Confederation wrote:I assume he's not indestructible on the inside so I just put a gun in the eye hole Hendricks made. So he's eather about to die or get really ped off.

I'm fairly sure you're kinda off set now, due to what I did.

Like showing up? If its because you showed Steve will chew Hendricks out after the fight than buy him a drink
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

Quebec and France
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Quebec and France » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:28 am

No, you're literally responding to a post that has already been reacted to. It's the following post that you should reply to.
The Federation of the French is a french and latin-speaking dual-monarchy located in North America and Europe. We are well known for our technology, armed forces, culinary culture and international involvement. NS Stats not used.
Association de Presse Nationale- Terror attack in Vancouver, War on Terror Begins.

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:23 pm

Quebec and France wrote:No, you're literally responding to a post that has already been reacted to. It's the following post that you should reply to.

O lol

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:02 pm

I'll let Hendricks have time to post before I post again.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:12 am

Hey Hendriks

In case you plan to launch a finisher with the magical knife

Remember that it’s for now still stuck on the pinned down Nightfall Soldier’s shoulder. You could pull out etc
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:02 am

Well he's dead.

Now the question is Jerusalem or London?

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:33 am

It's up to you. But I'm thinking of ending the Diplomacy Arc. I think the audience is going to get tired of visiting world leaders.

It seems strange that you wouldn't talk to Hendriks at all after this (he did technically save your lives)

can you chit chat with the Chancellor and Hendriks while I figure out the next act?

(don't mention Israel or London yet, no hurry)

just chit chat
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:20 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:It's up to you. But I'm thinking of ending the Diplomacy Arc. I think the audience is going to get tired of visiting world leaders.

It seems strange that you wouldn't talk to Hendriks at all after this (he did technically save your lives)

can you chit chat with the Chancellor and Hendriks while I figure out the next act?

(don't mention Israel or London yet, no hurry)

just chit chat

K

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:23 pm

Guys the Mafia Queen is very upset. She didn't like the ending of the Reichstag fight.

This may precipitate a decision to invade the Confederacy again.

However, the good news is that the Europeans on the Confederate side now.

By the way, this RP has gone on for a really really really long time. Congrats to everyone for keeping it running so far. I think we are very close to the Mafia Queen Battle arc now.

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:08 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:Guys the Mafia Queen is very upset. She didn't like the ending of the Reichstag fight.

This may precipitate a decision to invade the Confederacy again.

However, the good news is that the Europeans on the Confederate side now.

By the way, this RP has gone on for a really really really long time. Congrats to everyone for keeping it running so far. I think we are very close to the Mafia Queen Battle arc now.

Rad

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:53 am

As soon as you and Hendriks finish your conversation, I will have Chencellor Reiss make an interesting play with the European Federation.

Meanwhile... some new things are happening in America...

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:02 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:As soon as you and Hendriks finish your conversation, I will have Chencellor Reiss make an interesting play with the European Federation.

I took temporary control of Jed for a second I hope you don't mind. Hendricks was taking to long so I had Steve leave.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:46 pm

Christian Confederation wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:As soon as you and Hendriks finish your conversation, I will have Chencellor Reiss make an interesting play with the European Federation.

I took temporary control of Jed for a second I hope you don't mind. Hendricks was taking to long so I had Steve leave.

Okay please avoid that in the future. I'll let it slide this time cause.

Just stick to general talking points. I'll move the European plot forward in the next few posts with the leadership challenge.

Its not resolved for now.

Although we can assume that the leadership challenge has as of now, been made public and both Dixie and Hendriks know.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quebec and France
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Quebec and France » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:34 pm

So Delacroix is in league with the Mafia...

Mushy you sneaky little shit...That's one hell of a clever twist.

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:29 am

Quebec and France wrote:So Delacroix is in league with the Mafia...

Mushy you sneaky little shit...That's one hell of a clever twist.

Wow that's some secret wars shit right there

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:53 am

I just kind of improv-ed it (made it up ad hoc) =)

I remember the Star Wars thing where Amidala did the "I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership" so I decided to run a reverse scenario of that

I expect plot-wise it may make sense now for Delacroix to try and play a dirty trick on Reiss to try and gain advantage in the leadership challenge

By the way, I'm still figuring out how the Confederates could find out the location of the Mafia Queen (to set up the final battle). If anyone has any ideas for a clever mind game to draw her out etc

It's intended that the US military would, for the most part, be winning the conventional war (to up the stakes) hence requiring an "underdog attack on the Mafia's center" moment to turn the tide of the war through exposure of the Mafia's plots

However, I'm trying to think how that can be set up

Historically, how DID the good guys find the terror leaders? I don't want it to seem too anti-climactic either.

Is there something really clever/tricky that Hendriks and company could do to trick the Queen into exposing her position even briefly?
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quebec and France
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Quebec and France » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:13 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:I just kind of improv-ed it (made it up ad hoc) =)

I remember the Star Wars thing where Amidala did the "I move for a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum's leadership" so I decided to run a reverse scenario of that

I expect plot-wise it may make sense now for Delacroix to try and play a dirty trick on Reiss to try and gain advantage in the leadership challenge

By the way, I'm still figuring out how the Confederates could find out the location of the Mafia Queen (to set up the final battle). If anyone has any ideas for a clever mind game to draw her out etc

It's intended that the US military would, for the most part, be winning the conventional war (to up the stakes) hence requiring an "underdog attack on the Mafia's center" moment to turn the tide of the war through exposure of the Mafia's plots

Historically, how DID the good guys find the terror leaders? I don't want it to seem too anti-climactic either.

Is there something really clever/tricky that Hendriks and company could do to trick the Queen into exposing her position even briefly?

Well. I have an idea.

Remember that small microphone thing he had at the beginning, when he got asked to kill Dixie? For all we know, Hendriks is a master of trickery. Guy pulled a gun on Romano at their meeting. Then shook his hand. What tells you that the small pebble of a microphone couldn't be just slid in a sleeve like that?

Then, with that logic, since the thing's base frequency is unique, you just run a GPS trackdown on its signal and boom, you got the location of the Mafia Queen, or atleast of the Building.

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:27 am

Quebec and France wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:I just kind of improv-ed it (made it up ad hoc) =)

Well. I have an idea.

Remember that small microphone thing he had at the beginning, when he got asked to kill Dixie? For all we know, Hendriks is a master of trickery. Guy pulled a gun on Romano at their meeting. Then shook his hand. What tells you that the small pebble of a microphone couldn't be just slid in a sleeve like that?

Then, with that logic, since the thing's base frequency is unique, you just run a GPS trackdown on its signal and boom, you got the location of the Mafia Queen, or atleast of the Building.

Or we could have a high ranking mob defector who knows were she will be a lady in waiting orca Captain who realized she's crazy
Last edited by Christian Confederation on Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:24 pm

I like both ideas.

The main problem with Hendriks planting the tracker though from that earlier scene is that this creates a bit of a timing issue.

Romano and Hendriks met months ago. If he planted a tracker then... why wait until only now to act on it?

(Specifically at the failed AT meeting with Kalden and elsewhere, there was a mention of trying to find the Queen but this wasn’t brought up) you know what I mean?

Now if Romano and Hendriks met AGAIN, this could be a more believable possibility. But I dunno if we should go there.

I’ll give it more thought
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quebec and France
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Quebec and France » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:06 pm

When you go around killing people, you don't necessarily think very far in both future in past. Same with being flooded in paperwork. But right now, he had literally a flight across the pacific ocean to think about those things.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:20 pm

Alright Hendriks, let's run with that.

But let's iron it out a bit.

How about this.

The microphone that he had... he slipped a version of it into Romano's sleeve during the first meeting at the bar. Now why did he do it then? Not because he was a hero but because he wanted Insurance, in case Romano betrayed him later (remember, Hendriks was still a Mercenary at that point).

Now about the microphone you said this before:

He took out a small grey object that looked like a pebble.

"This is essentially a wireless microphone that can record and transmit on up to 100 Km. What I propose is that we do not kill Dixie yet, and instead make sure that this little guy here falls in one of his suit's tremendous ammount of pockets. We'll then know the every move of the Rebels as long the receptor stays within range. Any opposition?"

Now 100 Kilometers (which I've looked up) is actually NOT that far of a range when the entire USA is considered.

From Atlanta to New York City for example, it would be 1,300+ kilometres. In fact, since the area of Texas is 695,662 km²it may be hard to track even someone within 1 state.

However, we don't need to get bogged down in technicalities so here's one suggestion. Just EDIT the one post at:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=471585&p=36305730#p36305730

(I will edit all posts that refer to the range after).

and say that it has a GLOBAL range (not just 100 KM, edit to increase range).

Is it a bit unrealistic? Maybe. But we've done much crazier things already (telekinetic binds, magic jammers, a bulletproof super soldier with super speed). However, it would be good if you provided the audience a bit of context in the RP itself on how you got hold of such a powerful piece of technology (maybe from black ops in some other country before?).

BOOM. If it has a Global Range, then all Hendriks has to do, is log on to his computer, and figure out where the microphone is broadcasting from and there's a location.

However, let's muddy the waters a bit.

So the microphone is in Romano's sleeve.

However, Hendriks very LOGICALLY assumed that the trace would be gone because once Romano put the suit into the washing machine... BOOM... the tracker would either be destroyed or discovered at length. In any event, it would be GONE.

However, this is where the good guys get lucky.

Romano has a strange habit where he literally wears a different new high end Italian suit every single day (he's a spender). However, he's greedy and he doesn't throw his old clothes away, he keeps them his fancy mansions. That one suit that contained the GPS tracer and microphone, has been sitting in a single mansion in the New York state area during this entire war for literally MONTHS.

The servants were supposed to wash and clean it but they know Romano never checks up on his stored "old" clothes so they skipped the chore of cleaning it (which again, lucky for the heroes because the tracker wasn't found).

Once Hendriks was appointed Confederate Intelligence Agency Director, he very quietly used the personnel that he had in the US north (field agents) to keep an eye on that particular mansion from some distance and to report back to him. The agents know the location because the microphone also has a GPS transmitter component.

Now for over 9 months, this was a dead end. Romano did visit that mansion from time to time but he had conversations that took place outside of the range of the microphone and there was no sign of the Queen.

However, just now... a few days ago, the Mafia Queen herself showed up to that mansion to have dinner (WHAT A STROKE OF LUCK but she had to turn up there at some point right?). The field agents saw her and tracked her vehicle from a distance at great personal risk.

They now have a new location where's temporarily staying at... a large fortress in the the northern Pennsylvania countryside.

The agents discover that this fortress seems to be a focal point for the re-emerging Mafia army. It hosts a few thousand gangsters (the agents couldn't narrow down the exact number). There is also a small US military base a few kilometres away from the mansion. However, because of the ongoing war with the Confederacy, it is very loosely manned at the moment.

What do you think of this idea?

Does it fit together?

Obviously, there's a number of logistical problems with actually attacking the place but the characters at the table will all be able to contribute a solution

What do you think?

Let's iron it out before bringing it out in the IC.

Any plot holes?
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Quebec and France
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Quebec and France » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:28 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:Alright Hendriks, let's run with that.

How about this.

The microphone that he had... he slipped a version of it into Romano's sleeve during the first meeting at the bar. Now why did he do it then? Not because he was a hero but because he wanted Insurance, in case Romano betrayed him later (remember, Hendriks was still a Mercenary at that point).

"This is essentially a wireless microphone that can record and transmit on up to 100 Km. What I propose is that we do not kill Dixie yet, and instead make sure that this little guy here falls in one of his suit's tremendous ammount of pockets. We'll then know the every move of the Rebels as long the receptor stays within range. Any opposition?"

Now 100 Kilometers (which I've looked up) is actually NOT that far of a range when the entire USA is considered.

From Atlanta to New York City for example, it would be 1,300+ kilometres. In fact, since the area of Texas is 695,662 km²it may be hard to track even someone within 1 state.

However, we don't need to get bogged down in technicalities so here's one suggestion. Just EDIT the one post at:

Is it a bit unrealistic? Maybe. But we've done much crazier things already (telekinetic binds, magic jammers, a bulletproof super soldier with super speed). However, it would be good if you provided the audience a bit of context in the RP itself on how you got hold of such a powerful piece of technology (maybe from black ops in some other country before?).

BOOM. If it has a Global Range, then all Hendriks has to do, is log on to his computer, and figure out where the microphone is broadcasting from and there's a location.

However, Hendriks very LOGICALLY assumed that the trace would be gone because once Romano put the suit into the washing machine... BOOM... the tracker would either be destroyed or discovered at length. In any event, it would be GONE.

Romano has a strange habit where he literally wears a different new high end Italian suit every single day (he's a spender). However, he's greedy and he doesn't throw his old clothes away, he keeps them his fancy mansions. That one suit that contained the GPS tracer and microphone, has been sitting in a single mansion in the New York state area during this entire war for literally MONTHS.

Once Hendriks was appointed Confederate Intelligence Agency Director, he very quietly used the personnel that he had in the US north (field agents) to keep an eye on that particular mansion from some distance and to report back to him.

Now for over 9 months, this was a dead end. Romano did visit that mansion from time to time but he had conversations that took place outside of the range of the microphone and there was no sign of the Queen.

However, just now... a few days ago, the Mafia Queen herself showed up to that mansion to have dinner (WHAT A STROCK OF LUCK but she had to turn up there at some point right?). The field agents saw her and tracked her vehicle from a distance at great personal risk.

They now have a new location where's temporarily staying at... a large fortress in the the northern Pennsylvania countryside.

The agents discover that this fortress seems to be a focal point for the re-emerging Mafia army. It hosts a few thousand gangsters (the agents couldn't narrow down the exact number). There is also a small US military base a few kilometres away from the mansion. However, because of the ongoing war with the Confederacy, it is very loosely manned at the moment.

Does it fit together?

Obviously, there's a number of logistical problems with actually attacking the place but the characters at the table will all be able to contribute a solution

What do you think?

Any plot holes?

Well, I was considering something else, but mostly that yeah.

Essentially, my headcanon was that the emettor thing still has a range of 100km. However, it has a highly specific base broadcast frequency in AM format. 7.82 Hertz. Mind you, the Earth's ambient frequency is 7.83 Hertz. It would essentially get appear invisible on radio detection. However, if fine-tuned properly, that signal can be identified and projected on a map, resulting in a geolocalisation.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:32 pm

Quebec and France wrote:

How about this.

Once Hendriks was appointed Confederate Intelligence Agency Director, he very quietly used the personnel that he had in the US north (field agents) to keep an eye on that particular mansion from some distance and to report back to him.

However, just now... a few days ago, the Mafia Queen herself showed up to that mansion to have dinner (WHAT A STROCK OF LUCK but she had to turn up there at some point right?). The field agents saw her and tracked her vehicle from a distance at great personal risk.

Does it fit together?

What do you think?

Any plot holes?

Well, I was considering something else, but mostly that yeah.

Essentially, my headcanon was that the emettor thing still has a range of 100km. However, it has a highly specific base broadcast frequency in AM format. 7.82 Hertz. Mind you, the Earth's ambient frequency is 7.83 Hertz. It would essentially get appear invisible on radio detection. However, if fine-tuned properly, that signal can be identified and projected on a map, resulting in a geolocalisation.

Okay we can go with that if it works out (I have no idea lol)...

If it does, then its even better because we don't have to edit the range to global

but you're gonna have to explain the whole narrative lol

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:39 pm

How about this.

The servants were supposed to wash and clean it but they know Romano never checks up on his stored "old" clothes so they skipped the chore of cleaning it (which again, lucky for the heroes because the tracker wasn't found).

Once Hendriks was appointed Confederate Intelligence Agency Director, he very quietly used the personnel that he had in the US north (field agents) to keep an eye on that particular mansion from some distance and to report back to him. The agents know the location because the microphone also has a GPS transmitter component.

Does it fit together?

What do you think?

Any plot holes?

We could take some captured us planes we have yet to convert to the CS colors and fly in low and fast. We bomb tge base and pray to god we kill enough high ranking mobsters to throw the enemy into chaos.

Meanwhile in Europe the mob connection to the Frinch is discovered. The German Chancellor a few other leaders and 500 loyalists storm the Chancellor's palace and arest him. The German Chancellor is elected head of the federation in a landslide. With the mob on the retreat the qween would call in her flavors with some Cartels which would be futile results in northern Mexico and the rest if North America joining the CSA to end mob corruption and stuff.
The mob qween would fight to the death in the last battle.
She shoots and critically wounds sue before running into her bunker. The president would go into a mad rage ripping the Blast doors off there hinges to chase the queen he grabs her by the throat to take her alive but she took cyanide to avoid punishment.

After word we could deal with the aftermath/ Resistance before wrapping up until the mob shows back up one day.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse