NATION

PASSWORD

Antihero Force (OOC/RP is finished)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:14 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Application Format:
Name: Giovanni D'Angelo
Appearance:
Skillset: TBD
Personality: Giovanni is a loyal and intense individual.
Weaknesses/Fears: TBD
Motivation for joining Antihero/Mafia team:

Will finish the app tomorrow/when i can, my internet is acting up right now.

Excellent! I look forward to it

As for the Victor concept. Do you want to see him or a variation incorporated?

There will be a number of Antihero NPCs too.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:44 pm

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:Is the witch involved?

would you be interested in participating?

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:46 pm

Wasn't going to sign up but then I saw the five exclamation marks and that sold me. 'Damn this is serious' I thought.
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:47 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Wasn't going to sign up but then I saw the five exclamation marks and that sold me. 'Damn this is serious' I thought.

Aye

Will hit me up with an Application if you want in

I'd recommend joining the Antihero Force because they have moderate plot armor (as mandated by the genre) and will be easier to play

besides, they are the underdogs

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:48 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Wasn't going to sign up but then I saw the five exclamation marks and that sold me. 'Damn this is serious' I thought.

Aye

I'd recommend joining the Antihero Force because they have moderate plot armor (as mandated by the genre) and will be easier to play

If I am accepted as a Lvl 10 Mafia Enforcer do I get revive? Or if I go down I can't get back up even if I have raygun?
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:50 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
Aye

If I am accepted as a Lvl 10 Mafia Enforcer do I get revive? Or if I go down I can't get back up even if I have raygun?

there are no levels

have you RP-ed before?

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:52 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:If I am accepted as a Lvl 10 Mafia Enforcer do I get revive? Or if I go down I can't get back up even if I have raygun?

there are no levels

have you RP-ed before?

Sorry I'll repeat that in English;

If I'm playing a Mafia goon, once the anti-heros kill me, can I keep playing as another character or am I out for the rest of the RP?
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:56 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
there are no levels

have you RP-ed before?

Sorry I'll repeat that in English;

If I'm playing a Mafia goon, once the anti-heros kill me, can I keep playing as another character or am I out for the rest of the RP?

it is possible for players to play several characters or to come back as new characters

why are you interested in being a regular Mafia goon?

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:38 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Sorry I'll repeat that in English;

it is possible for players to play several characters or to come back as new characters

Because I know I have the rp capabilities for it and I'm a very special and unique person who isn't like the other rpers
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:46 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Because I know I have the rp capabilities for it and I'm a very special and unique person who isn't like the other rpers

Okay, feel free to submit an application for 1 or more characters at this stage

I can take a look

but we're missing some Antiheroes

Krvava Koupel
Spokesperson

Founded: May 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Krvava Koupel » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:38 pm

Name: Oklan Valkov
Appearance: Oklan, despite what he does, is usually well dressed. He wears a black and red waistcoat (almost steampunk) with a spiffy black velvet bowtie, black jeans, shiny black leather shoes, an eyepatch on his left eye, a black trenchcoat, a belt that carries his building utensils, ironically not heavy enough to hinder his movement, a glove on his right arm.
Skillset: Proficient in mechanical building, (Kind of like a Mechromancer) and is a Metal Maker's Mage. Although he does not tend to do so, he knows how to make simple weapons (knives and sickles, some hand axes), as he is way more into mechanical building.
Personality: Depending on who he's with or what he's doing, he can either be strict, straightforward, a little more stoic than usual, or laid back, chill, joking.
Weaknesses/Fears: He does not do well with swimming. He kind of detests water, unless he has to bathe or drink water.
Likes: Machines, adventure, organizations... fascination in metal
Dislikes: Antiheros, stupid arguments.
Motivation for joining Antihero/Mafia team: He joined the Mafia team after an Antihero, claiming Oklan was using is machines for evil, stabbed Oklan in the eye, and severed his right hand. Oklan, with the help of his Robotic eagle Rocket, he made a fully metallic prosthetic arm. (We can talk about the specifics of the arm if you want). After his eye healed, a nasty scar was left, and thus he adopted the use of the eyepatch. From there on out, he vowed to get revenge on the Antiheros, for ruining him.
Note: Oklan is susceptible to changing sides . He doesn't hat all Antiheros
Last edited by Krvava Koupel on Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Rulevoy Nikolai Lansov
"Dead Men Tell no Tales..."

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:22 pm

Krvava Koupel wrote:Name: Oklan Valkov
Appearance: Oklan, despite what he does, is usually well dressed. He wears a black and red waistcoat (almost steampunk) with a spiffy black velvet bowtie, black jeans, shiny black leather shoes, an eyepatch on his left eye, a black trenchcoat, a belt that carries his building utensils, ironically not heavy enough to hinder his movement, a glove on his right arm.
Skillset: Proficient in mechanical building, (Kind of like a Mechromancer) and is a Metal Maker's Mage. Although he does not tend to do so, he knows how to make simple weapons (knives and sickles, some hand axes), as he is way more into mechanical building.
Personality: Depending on who he's with or what he's doing, he can either be strict, straightforward, a little more stoic than usual, or laid back, chill, joking.
Weaknesses/Fears: He does not do well with swimming. He kind of detests water, unless he has to bathe or drink water.
Motivation for joining Antihero/Mafia team: He joined the Mafia team after an Antihero, claiming Oklan was using is machines for evil, stabbed Oklan in the eye, and severed his right hand. Oklan, with the help of his Robotic eagle Rocket, he made a fully metallic prosthetic arm. (We can talk about the specifics of the arm if you want). After his eye healed, a nasty scar was left, and thus he adopted the use of the eyepatch. From there on out, he vowed to get revenge on the Antiheros, for ruining him.

Okay this sounds interesting.

So you want to start on the side of the Mafia but there is a possibility of you joining the Antiheroes at a later point in the plot?

Can you tell me more about the specifics with respect to the incident in which his eye was stabbed? Why did the Antihero in question stab his eye if he wasn't yet in the Mafia? How did it happen?

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:09 am

Victor aside, i do have a group of 5 who could be made into Antihero Npcs.

Bruce Donovan: bruiser and skilled fighter, highly trained.
Email Grant: Forger and craftsman
Sparky: Hacker
Melvin Clark: former spec ops and police officer
Tyler Shane Elliot: the mouthpiece, an eloquent man you could sell a drowning man a glass of water.

I typically use them as a criminal team, Team of villains, or Vigilantes, but you can make of them what you will.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:13 am

Shadowwell wrote:Victor aside, i do have a group of 5 who could be made into Antihero Npcs.

Tyler Shane Elliot: the mouthpiece, an eloquent man you could sell a drowning man a glass of water.

I typically use them as a criminal team, Team of villains, or Vigilantes, but you can make of them what you will.

Is Email his given name?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:25 am

Shadowwell wrote:Victor aside, i do have a group of 5 who could be made into Antihero Npcs.

Do you have profiles of these characters from previous RPs? (I could rework the backstories, personalities, and motivations for this RP).

I like the idea of these guys being used as NPCs for the Antihero Force.

However, do keep in mind that when we want to raise narrative stakes, some NPCs might die.

Is that okay?

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:29 am

its interesting you are bringing in a task force of NPCs

I have an NPC team of elite Mafia killers (from various non-American Commonwealth countries... Australia, UK, Canada, South Africa) to be sent in at a later point in the RP

I was just working on the bios but they won't be at play until later

maybe they could end up fighting the Antihero Force at some point

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:32 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:

Do you have profiles of these characters from previous RPs? (I could rework the backstories, personalities, and motivations for this RP).

However, do keep in mind that when we want to raise narrative stakes, some NPCs might die.

Is that okay?

That's fine, will have to get their app links to you later.

But I've used them in Emergence(the original not my recente reboot) and Titans, a tale of Living WMDs by Anowa, if you want to search P2TM for the threads then the apps themselves.

The two 'teams' could even have crossed paths in the past if you want.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:35 am

Shadowwell wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Is that okay?

That's fine, will have to get their app links to you later.

But I've used them in Emergence(the original not my recente reboot) and Titans, a tale of Living WMDs by Anowa, if you want to search P2TM for the threads then the apps themselves.

The two 'teams' could even have crossed paths in the past if you want.

LOL... I don't know why (it's just funny "the two teams could even have crossed paths in the past")

they're probably all ex special forces or something, one leader might even go "X and I go way back"

we're entering some serious cliched territory but for this sort of outlandish RP, it works well

I'll have a look and see if I can find...

Krvava Koupel
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Krvava Koupel » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:13 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Krvava Koupel wrote:Name: Oklan Valkov

So you want to start on the side of the Mafia but there is a possibility of you joining the Antiheroes at a later point in the plot?

Can you tell me more about the specifics with respect to the incident in which his eye was stabbed? Why did the Antihero in question stab his eye if he wasn't yet in the Mafia? How did it happen?

The Antihero thought Oklan was using his machines as a way of evil, although with no proof. Oklan tried reasoning with the man, but the best Oklan could do to persuade him was a deal that the Antihero would cut off one of his hands, and puncture his left eye. The Antihero didn't know that Oklan didn't need both hands to do what he does, and the eye thing was to try and hinder Oklan's sight, but it didn't do much.

And yes about the first question.
~Rulevoy Nikolai Lansov

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:30 am

So it seems we have a number of players.

Let me do a count for those who have submitted apps or who are definitely in.

Infected Mushroom - Antihero NPCs, Mafia NPCs

Greater vakolicci haven - Anders Kallden (Antihero)

Krvava Koupel - Oklan Valkov (Mafia... possibly switches to Antihero mid RP)

Shadowwell - Giovanni D'Angelo (Mafia)

I think I have tentative confirmation from Ministry that he might be applying for this game too.

Now how many more players are we looking for ideally?

We definitely need more Antihero PCs because the Antihero interactions/character dynamic will be quite important for sustaining the game...

I'm already working on spicing up the Antihero NPCs and a very very generic outline on the phases of the RP

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:31 am

Krvava Koupel wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

The Antihero thought Oklan was using his machines as a way of evil, although with no proof. Oklan tried reasoning with the man, but the best Oklan could do to persuade him was a deal that the Antihero would cut off one of his hands, and puncture his left eye. The Antihero didn't know that Oklan didn't need both hands to do what he does, and the eye thing was to try and hinder Oklan's sight, but it didn't do much.

Approved. We will have to keep tabs on how much magic is allowed though but this sounds like a very interesting character

Krvava Koupel
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Krvava Koupel » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:35 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Krvava Koupel wrote:

Approved. We will have to keep tabs on how much magic is allowed though but this sounds like a very interesting character

I would tell you about the specifics on discord if you wanted. No voice needed, if you don't want to then that's fine
~Rulevoy Nikolai Lansov

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:42 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:So it seems we have a number of players.

Let me do a count for those who have submitted apps or who are definitely in.

Infected Mushroom - Antihero NPCs, Mafia NPCs

Greater vakolicci haven - Anders Kallden (Antihero)

Krvava Koupel - Oklan Valkov (Mafia... possibly switches to Antihero mid RP)

Shadowwell - Giovanni D'Angelo (Mafia)

I think I have tentative confirmation from Ministry that he might be applying for this game too.

Now how many more players are we looking for ideally?

We definitely need more Antihero PCs because the Antihero interactions/character dynamic will be quite important for sustaining the game...

I'm already working on spicing up the Antihero NPCs and a very very generic outline on the phases of the RP

I've had a few people say they're interested, nothing confirmed though.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Munkcestrian Republic
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian Republic » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:07 am

Application Format:
Name: Edward "the Northumbrian" Ashleigh
Appearance: Your personal interpretation of the most attractive brown-haired, blue-eyed man male human alive.
Skillset: Knowledge of Northumbrian history
Personality: One of the most intelligent and smart people in the world and very cool, but also a teenage boy which makes it sort of balanced out. Also a Northumbrian nationalist. Very attractive to women, which makes a lot of men jealous of him.
Weaknesses/Fears: Being stranded in a universe where Northumbria isn't even independent, people who can't understand him, people who aren't cool, hot mafia/witch queens (that's a different sort of weakness, if you get my meaning ;) ).
Likes: Northumbria, being the smartest person in the room (which is almost always the case), hot mafia/witch queens (that's a different sort of like, if you get my meaning ;) ).
Dislikes: Universes where Northumbria isn't even independent
Motivation for joining Antihero/Mafia team: Edward Ashleigh previously lived in a universe where Northumbria is a world power and things are great. Unfortunately, one day as he was walking in the Cheviots, he tripped and fell into some sort of portal to the Mafia Queen world. He appeared not in Northumbria, but in New York City, where he quickly realised that things in this universe are really rather shit. Since there's no way back home right now, he has instead decided to try to make things a little more tolerable by joining the Antiheroes.
Last edited by Munkcestrian Republic on Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
if you like my posts please make sure to downvote my factbooks.
DON'T CLICK
"lmao child you come into MY region"
no, this nation does not represent my
views. i cannot believe i have to clarify this

for RPers
my views explained

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:18 am

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:Application Format:
Name: Edward "the Northumbrian" Ashleigh
Appearance: Your personal interpretation of the most attractive brown-haired, blue-eyed man male human alive.
Skillset: Knowledge of Northumbrian history
Personality: One of the most intelligent and smart people in the world and very cool, but also a teenage boy which makes it sort of balanced out. Also a Northumbrian nationalist. Very attractive to women, which makes a lot of men jealous of him.
Weaknesses/Fears: Being stranded in a universe where Northumbria isn't even independent, people who can't understand him, people who aren't cool, hot mafia/witch queens (that's a different sort of weakness, if you get my meaning ;) ).
Likes: Northumbria, being the smartest person in the room (which is almost always the case), hot mafia/witch queens (that's a different sort of like, if you get my meaning ;) ).
Dislikes: Universes where Northumbria isn't even independent
Motivation for joining Antihero/Mafia team: Edward Ashleigh previously lived in a universe where Northumbria is a world power and things are great. Unfortunately, one day as he was walking in the Cheviots, he tripped and fell into some sort of portal to the Mafia Queen world. He appeared not in Northumbria, but in New York City, where he quickly realised that things in this universe are really rather shit. Since there's no way back home right now, he has instead decided to try to make things a little more tolerable.

You've done an extremely good job at not stating which side he's on.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse