NATION

PASSWORD

Antihero Force (OOC/RP is finished)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Christian Confederation
Senator

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:32 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:I’m just getting really confused what each side is trying to do now

Because typically in these types of plots, trying to avert war with Russia/China is what the good guys try to do

But now you both want this war? This is why I’m confused

So let me know if I have this straight.
Dixie wants to join the war to end communism.
Hendricks wants to join the war only after overthrowing America and having False Flag Attacks to justify his rise to dictator.

Are we still doing the whole he's under the control of the Mob/China/Nazi/Whoever?
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:54 pm

Christian Confederation wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:I’m just getting really confused what each side is trying to do now

Because typically in these types of plots, trying to avert war with Russia/China is what the good guys try to do

But now you both want this war? This is why I’m confused

So let me know if I have this straight.
Dixie wants to join the war to end communism.
Hendricks wants to join the war only after overthrowing America and having False Flag Attacks to justify his rise to dictator.

Are we still doing the whole he's under the control of the Mob/China/Nazi/Whoever?

That’s what I see...

My understanding is that we’re still doing the mind control

Hendriks can you confirm the above? We can change things if need be
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quebec-Libre
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Quebec-Libre » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:27 pm

Yes that is indeed what is going on.

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:30 pm

Quebec-Libre wrote:Yes that is indeed what is going on.

So how do we proceed

Quebec-Libre
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Quebec-Libre » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:50 pm

Hendriks's plan is basically to force the public image into thinking China is defending against an hostile American doctrine. The American Union's Dixie Government is meant to have its popularity both in and out of borders take a pretty straightfoward swan-dive, sending it in a war that the people are hesitant to fight against an enemy that may get even more support from its allies due to the unprovoked aggression. The war itself is only to weaken Dixie's popularity and prestige. All warfare is based on deception.

Sometime in the conflict, Hendriks returns to America and is gonna make everyone believe that Dixie is the sole responsible for their current troubles and that he can make things better if he has their support which, frankly, is almost certain to be achieved. In times of crisis people will aid those who they think can help them, even if they turn out to be complete monsters. Hitler is the prime example of that. The bigger the lie, the more likely people will believe it, and when a nation cries for its suffering to stop, the lie spreads like a wildfire. It's a flawless plan that doesn't account for a single, tiny little detail.

Hendriks will snap out of it.
Last edited by Quebec-Libre on Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:55 pm

NPCs:

Name: Tommy Sykes
Appearance: brown hair, green eyes, a nose like a hook, short and stocky build, tanned complexion
Skillset: Helicopter and jet fighter pilot, CQB trained
Personality: Sykes is loyal to Hendriks having served with him in an elite French Foreign Legion SF unit in Algeria. He was originally from Manchester, UK.
Dislikes: protests, riots, terrorists, politicians
Motivation for joining the Shadow Legions: After retiring from the French military, Sykes could not re-adjust to peace. He felt there’s something wrong with world and he disapproves of the riots and protests in France, coming to see democracy as a weakness. He began to read up on the new world order and was easily recruited by Hendriks.

Name: Jonathan Carver
Appearance: tall and thin with dark hair and stern gray eyes
Skillset: a CIA sniper and field assassin, saw combat in northern Pennsylvania, Virginia, Europe and the Middle East
Personality: A professional cold blooded killer, stern church goer, likes animals
Likes: Animals, church, combat, advancing righteous causes, routines
Dislikes: messiness, bad weather
Motivation for joining the Shadow Legions: Carver is fiercely loyal to Hemdriks and has been programmed by the CIA to kill efficiently and without question. His loyalty to Hendricks transcends his loyalty to Dixie or anyone else. Carver believes the USA has become too disordered, it’s time to put someone orderly and reasonable in charge to promote the right values.

Name: Daniel Grayson
Appearance: tall, muscular, with blonde hair
Skillset: Daniel was a US Navy SEAL who saw combat in the Mafia War and at Cuba. Highly skilled in explosives, firearms, and tactics. Has a high kill count. Very good at hand to hand combat.
Personality: tough, determined to win at all costs, very easily angered, a very skilled fighter
Dislikes: democratic politicians
Motivation for joining the Shadow Legions: he witnessed the atrocious and costly landing at Cuba, holds a grudge against Dixie and believes Hendrick’s version of events where the 3 million losses were avoidable, wants revenge for his comrades, thinks Dixie let him down

Name: Emily “the Jinx” Law
Appearance: a short and slim dark-haired woman dressed in black
Skillset: A computers and hacking expert recruited from MIT to the CIA, served in the US CyberWarfare Division before being transferred to the CIA. Has counter terrorism hacking experience. Basic combat training.
Personality: Cheerful and sarcastic, somewhat mercenary in character as well, always felt undervalued by the President, has a rivalry with Sam Tak
Likes: computers, hacking, electronic music, video games, painting
Dislikes: messy combat
Motivation for joining the Shadow Legions: Emily was offered good money. Besides, there will be more opportunities in a new order for someone like her.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:56 pm

^

The NPCs, I’ll scan for typos

Some of these guys will probably die
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:19 pm

I can change some NPC details if you have some preferences Quebec :)

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:52 pm

So he's starting the war early?

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:57 pm

Christian Confederation wrote:So he's starting the war early?

He’ll be trying to provoke one as a third party group (I mean, he doesn’t have control of the USA)

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:33 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Christian Confederation wrote:So he's starting the war early?

He’ll be trying to provoke one as a third party group (I mean, he doesn’t have control of the USA)

Do he's trying to drag Africa in

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:37 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:

Do he's trying to drag Africa in

I don’t think his group has political control over Africa, it’s just a staging base or a supply base

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Endgame

Postby Christian Confederation » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:41 am

We have a few more arcs before this is all over.
-Mosscow (Getting the Russians to Fight China)
-Pick up the Queen on the Way back from Russia
-Finding Hendricks
-Fighting Hendricks (Redemption hopefully I don't know yet)
-Aftermath of the Fight (Hendricks Funeral or hunting down the Doctors who mind controlled him, They'll be in China)
-Landing in China/Battle of Beijing (Simple landing in China and cut to Final Battle. We can end with entering the City)
-Epilogue (We cut to 20 years in the Future and pick up with the Heroes kids, Show a Day of there lives and end at the Opening of a Museum Celebrating the Explotes of the Heroes from The Nam with Steve/ Sue to China

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:50 am

ALRIGHT, IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

I feel like the RP has gotten too big and too complicated; and truth be told, I'm not the biggest fan of the recent plot directions (it's no one's fault, everyone has a different feel for these stories).

I'm feeling a bit exhausted (and it's absolutely AMAZING that this RP has lasted over a year, congratulations to all)... however, massively busy times are coming up for me personally and I'm not sure I'm the most well-equipped to keep this story running.

I think that if I had 100% energy still I'd want another 6-8 pages AT LEAST to play out all these new giant plot directions. However, I'm running into some bad times and I don't want to rush it and not do the story justice.

Is it acceptable for me to end the RP DECISIVELY on a cliffhanger?

It will be a comprehensive GIANT final post from me as OP with every single unresolved plot point mentioned and summarised in dramatic fashion and leaving the final ending to the imagination of the audience?

I'll make sure it's well-written, does the RP justice, and is fair to all parties. After which, the RP will be closed.

In that post (written like a dramatic television narration inviting a sequel) the audience will be asked to consider...

1. Does Hendriks ever get freed from mind control? Will his name be redeemed in the eyes of the world? What is his ultimate fate? Does Hendriks get a happy ending or a sad ending? Are the people responsible for the mind control ever caught? What will mind controlled Hendriks do next... who will die for it? Does he ever get back with Aurora? Will Vicky's ghost re-appear? Will his magical powers make a return? Whatever happened to Tavarius?

2. What happens to Aurora? Will she be given a second chance (seeing as she's made some redeeming actions during the Condor War or will the magnitude of her past crimes involving so many deaths be too much for a truly happy ending? What will the Americans do to her if she is caught or turns herself in? Will she EVER be re-united with Hendriks? Will there be a trial of Aurora and what factors will prevail?)

3. What will be the outcome and legacy of the war involving BILLIONS between China, America, and its allies? Will it go nuclear? How many people will die? Will Dixie succeed in his vision of eliminating communism? What happens to South America (do they democratise, do they join the US, do they start another war against the USA further down the line, will there be more terrorist/rebel movements or is the transition 100% peaceful)? If America wins, what does the post-war world look like? Who will be the major world actors and players?

4. What happens to the Thailand Mafia faction with Mort... do they stay loyal to the US or do they eventually attempt a double cross? And would they be successful or would they fail?

Did I miss any looming questions?

The post would be fair and impartial to all sides and it would also mention/reveal that Hendriks was under mind control and in effect clear his name (though it leaves his fate unclear... so POTENTIALLY, he still lives and has a happy ending, potentially).

It would highlight the complexity of the unresolved plot points (while mentioning all the drama) and invite the audience to decide on an ending for themselves.

I feel like there's still too much to be done and I no longer feel well-equipped to be able to handle/manage it well since I have terrible times coming up.

Does anyone have strong feelings about this?

If you and Quebec still want to continue the story or reboot it in some form in a new thread... and call it Antihero: The Sequel (or something like that) AND you can amicably decide who can OP and administer the plot and the running of the RP, I give you the 100% green light to proceed if that's what you want. In fact, you can use any and all of my characters from this story (just mention somewhere that I created them), I give permission. You can run Aurora etc as NPCs.

I would only ask that it be run in 2 new threads (a new IC and new OOC).

Just create a new thread IC and OOC and you can even recruit additional posters. However, one of you would have to act as the OP and run it.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:26 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:ALRIGHT, IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

I feel like the RP has gotten too big and too complicated; and truth be told, I'm not the biggest fan of the recent plot directions (it's no one's fault, everyone has a different feel for these stories).

I'm feeling a bit exhausted (and it's absolutely AMAZING that this RP has lasted over a year, congratulations to all)... however, massively busy times are coming up for me personally and I'm not sure I'm the most well-equipped to keep this story running.

I think that if I had 100% energy still I'd want another 6-8 pages AT LEAST to play out all these new giant plot directions. However, I'm running into some bad times and I don't want to rush it and not do the story justice.

It will be a comprehensive GIANT final post from me as OP with every single unresolved plot point mentioned and summarised in dramatic fashion and leaving the final ending to the imagination of the audience?

I'll make sure it's well-written, does the RP justice, and is fair to all parties. After which, the RP will be closed.

In that post (written like a dramatic television narration inviting a sequel) the audience will be asked to consider...

1. Does Hendriks ever get freed from mind control? Will his name be redeemed in the eyes of the world? What is his ultimate fate? Does Hendriks get a happy ending or a sad ending? Are the people responsible for the mind control ever caught? What will mind controlled Hendriks do next... who will die for it? Does he ever get back with Aurora? Will Vicky's ghost re-appear? Will his magical powers make a return? Whatever happened to Tavarius?

2. What happens to Aurora? Will she be given a second chance (seeing as she's made some redeeming actions during the Condor War or will the magnitude of her past crimes involving so many deaths be too much for a truly happy ending? What will the Americans do to her if she is caught or turns herself in? Will she EVER be re-united with Hendriks? Will there be a trial of Aurora and what factors will prevail?)

3. What will be the outcome and legacy of the war involving BILLIONS between China, America, and its allies? Will it go nuclear? How many people will die? Will Dixie succeed in his vision of eliminating communism? What happens to South America (do they democratise, do they join the US, do they start another war against the USA further down the line, will there be more terrorist/rebel movements or is the transition 100% peaceful)? If America wins, what does the post-war world look like? Who will be the major world actors and players?

4. What happens to the Thailand Mafia faction with Mort... do they stay loyal to the US or do they eventually attempt a double cross? And would they be successful or would they fail?

The post would be fair and impartial to all sides and it would also mention/reveal that Hendriks was under mind control and in effect clear his name (though it leaves his fate unclear... so POTENTIALLY, he still lives and has a happy ending, potentially).

It would highlight the complexity of the unresolved plot points (while mentioning all the drama) and invite the audience to decide on an ending for themselves.

I feel like there's still too much to be done and I no longer feel well-equipped to be able to handle/manage it well since I have terrible times coming up.

If you and Quebec still want to continue the story or reboot it in some form in a new thread... and call it Antihero: The Sequel (or something like that) AND you can amicably decide who can OP and administer the plot and the running of the RP, I give you the 100% green light to proceed if that's what you want. In fact, you can use any and all of my characters from this story (just mention somewhere that I created them), I give permission. You can run Aurora etc as NPCs.

Just create a new thread IC and OOC and you can even recruit additional posters. However, one of you would have to act as the OP and run it.

Thoughts?

The War is Successful in ending Communism. South America becomes Independent again by 2050 (15-20 years from 2030's). China loses some land but stays independent under Taiwans government.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:44 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:ALRIGHT, IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Thoughts?

The War is Successful in ending Communism. South America becomes Independent again by 2050 (15-20 years from 2030's). China loses some land but stays independent under Taiwans government.

I have no interest in RPing that situation out.

The RP has frankly been going downhill ever since you’ve decided to turn this into a highly controversial neoliberal enactment.

Your decision to unilaterally take over several NPC factions (China, Russia, UK etc) is in fact not allowed. However, I grow too tired to roll the clock back at this stage.

If I still had faith in our ability to work together I would retcon and impose an official ending using OP powers. However, I don’t want to do that (I think it would be harsh and pointless at this stage) so I’m being generous and ending the RP with an open-ended OP imposed post allowing/encouraging every player to imagine their own ending. Under the circumstances I feel that’s what’s fair.

My ending looks very different, but I’m not going to impose it.

I’m not here to police thought so if that’s how the story ends in your mind then go ahead. It’s not my ending and I’m sure Hendriks has a different one in mind too.

I’m just going to officially announce that this RP has officially ended as of now. Effective immediately.

All players, please do not post in the IC or OOC threads anymore. If you want to carry further discussion of the RP, please do so via telegram.

I want to thank everyone for playing, we’ve been at it since last year and the story has reached phenomenal heights of glory in the past. But now it is time to call it. Thanks everyone for playing.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:03 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Christian Confederation wrote:The War is Successful in ending Communism. South America becomes Independent again by 2050 (15-20 years from 2030's). China loses some land but stays independent under Taiwans government.

I have no interest in RPing that situation out.

The RP has frankly been going downhill ever since you’ve decided to turn this into a highly controversial neoliberal enactment.

Your decision to unilaterally take over several NPC factions (China, Russia, UK etc) is in fact not allowed. However, I grow too tired to roll the clock back at this stage.

If I still had faith in our ability to work together I would retcon and impose an official ending using OP powers. However, I don’t want to do that (I think it would be harsh and pointless at this stage) so I’m being generous and ending the RP with an open-ended OP imposed post allowing/encouraging every player to imagine their own ending. Under the circumstances I feel that’s what’s fair.

My ending looks very different, but I’m not going to impose it.

I’m not here to police thought so if that’s how the story ends in your mind then go ahead. It’s not my ending and I’m sure Hendriks has a different one in mind too.

I’m just going to officially announce that this RP has officially ended as of now. Effective immediately.

All players, please do not post in the IC or OOC threads anymore. If you want to carry further discussion of the RP, please do so via telegram.

I want to thank everyone for playing, we’ve been at it since last year and the story has reached phenomenal heights of glory in the past. But now it is time to call it. Thanks everyone for playing.

Well Rip.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse