NATION

PASSWORD

Mars 2050 - Colonization RP - OOC/Signups

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Castelia
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2015
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Castelia » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:24 am

I intend to make an exclusive mining colony, bois. Anyone can make a trade with me, just make sure you have the better bid 8) 8)
"They say I'm insane, but take a look at the world and tell me the pleasures of sanity."
My IRL politics are simple: anti-Chinese Communist Party. If a view is anti-CCP, no matter how bad it is, that's my view.

Welcome to the Casteliaverse! | Factbook Repository
A 10.125 civilization, according to this index, and a Class 1 Civilization according to this index.
I DO NOT USE NS STATS. This nation does not represent my IRL views.
This spoiler is a tribute to Vanquaria, whose level of based I aspire to achieve one day.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:03 am

Endem wrote:I need to know which countries have their districts? ( or, Poland can into space? )

Hmmm, well you can search applications.

The Empire of Tau wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Ah, I think I've hit upon a good combination of starting things to build a nice little self-sufficient colony. I hope nobody else is planning to take the Avalon Pharmaceuticals sponsor - only the Siberians shall manufacture hair products in the future :P

Not if I have anything to say about it. That Avalon Pharmaceuticals sponsor is my.

Heh. You won’t be willing to go nearly as low as I.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:38 am

Don't know where I'm setting up, wander where a good criminal colony can stretch its legs.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:39 am

Endem wrote:I need to know which countries have their districts? ( or, Poland can into space? )

Most of Earth's backstory is for the player's to write, so yeah, Poland can space. I am also trying to base the events and colonists on the current applications. However, my current shortage of time means I might have made some mistakes and some folks might not have colonists from their district. If this is the case, write me a TG and I'll have it fixed asap.

IC Should be up very, very soon.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:44 am

So Hark are the starting colonists on WIP IC right now the only ones there will be or will more be added

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:50 am

Harkback Union wrote:

Most of Earth's backstory is for the player's to write, so yeah, Poland can space. I am also trying to base the events and colonists on the current applications. However, my current shortage of time means I might have made some mistakes and some folks might not have colonists from their district. If this is the case, write me a TG and I'll have it fixed asap.

IC Should be up very, very soon.

Yay
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:51 am

Labstoska wrote:So Hark are the starting colonists on WIP IC right now the only ones there will be or will more be added

I'll think of a few more.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:51 am

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=471094

IC Open. Rules for non-colony players are in the works.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:55 am

Harkback Union wrote:
Labstoska wrote:So Hark are the starting colonists on WIP IC right now the only ones there will be or will more be added

I'll think of a few more.

Perhaps something reminiscent of the rocky mountain conglomerate colonists that provide research each turn

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:02 am

I’ve been keeping an eye on this, but it looks like it started before I could get an application up. :(

I will be home on 28th August. Will applicants still be able to apply for a turn 1 start at that date? Or will I just have to accept starting late?

Incidentally, North Sea district all the way. :p
Last edited by Plzen on Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:05 am

The glorious Redstar Exarchate will be open to exporting water starting the first turn, by the way, though at times supplies might be interrupted. Anyone up for some commercial deals on the ISA Space Station while we all launch and negotiate starting contracts?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:09 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:The glorious Redstar Exarchate will be open to exporting water starting the first turn, by the way, though at times supplies might be interrupted. Anyone up for some commercial deals on the ISA Space Station while we all launch and negotiate starting contracts?

I would be willing to. I may be taking either Polar Petroleum or Terran Weapons as my starting people. That is, depending on what my starting colonist will be and may just have the Space Workers or something.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:09 am

Plzen wrote:I’ve been keeping an eye on this, but it looks like it started before I could get an application up. :(

I will be home on 28th August. Will applicants still be able to apply for a turn 1 start at that date? Or will I just have to accept starting late?

Incidentally, North Sea district all the way. :p

Sure thing, I could reserve you a turn 1 spot, just try not to attack anyone in the past after you arrive, as it would cause a lot of headaches.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:11 am

Ralnis wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:The glorious Redstar Exarchate will be open to exporting water starting the first turn, by the way, though at times supplies might be interrupted. Anyone up for some commercial deals on the ISA Space Station while we all launch and negotiate starting contracts?

I would be willing to. I may be taking either Polar Petroleum or Terran Weapons as my starting people. That is, depending on what my starting colonist will be and may just have the Space Workers or something.

Spiffing. I'll be running a Ice Drill, which spits out 2 Water per month. I'm going to be using one to run a Biodome, but that spare water will be available for export via a planetary shuttle or trade company. Plus, for the first few years, some Food, until I can put together another Prefab.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:13 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ralnis wrote:I would be willing to. I may be taking either Polar Petroleum or Terran Weapons as my starting people. That is, depending on what my starting colonist will be and may just have the Space Workers or something.

Spiffing. I'll be running a Ice Drill, which spits out 2 Water per month. I'm going to be using one to run a Biodome, but that spare water will be available for export via a planetary shuttle or trade company.

The extra food would come in handy if I go with Polar, since that will put me on the fast track with the carbon trade and may make a profit off of it if any events come up. So I could set myself up with a atmo plane to do a trade route between us.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:13 am

Ralnis wrote:I would be willing to. I may be taking either Polar Petroleum or Terran Weapons as my starting people. That is, depending on what my starting colonist will be and may just have the Space Workers or something.

Spiffing. I'll be running a Ice Drill, which spits out 2 Water per month. I'm going to be using one to run a Biodome, but that spare water will be available for export via a planetary shuttle or trade company.

The extra food would come in handy if I go with Polar, since that will put me on the fast track with the carbon trade and may make a profit off of it if any events come up. So I could set myself up with a atmo plane to do a trade route between us.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:13 am

So a competitor in water well may the best businessman win
loads gun

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:14 am

Ralnis wrote:

That sounds good. I'll be producing an excess one Food up through month 8, and that could help you get your colony off of the ground.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:18 am

Labstoska wrote:

So a competitor in water well may the best businessman win
loads gun

Oh I'm sure I will be buying water long term. Right now, though, I'll be running a minor excess - so why not trade?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:32 am

So if I'm going to stuck in the Polar, then I may get RoE Industrial Planning then keep drilling for carbon. Maybe have some Lunar Investments as well. Though, if allowed G, I could go Terran and set up as a impromptu security service that does some sanctioned raiding and things to fulfill my corps contract. I can be near the winning team and such.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:34 am

Ralnis wrote:So if I'm going to stuck in the Polar, then I may get RoE Industrial Planning then keep drilling for carbon. Maybe have some Lunar Investments as well. Though, if allowed G, I could go Terran and set up as a impromptu security service that does some sanctioned raiding and things to fulfill my corps contract. I can be near the winning team and such.

Totally up to you. Where were you planning on setting up shop? I'd be happy to fund a local security conglomerate with industrial output in exchange for some of the profits of raiding.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:40 am

Ralnis wrote:So if I'm going to stuck in the Polar, then I may get RoE Industrial Planning then keep drilling for carbon. Maybe have some Lunar Investments as well. Though, if allowed G, I could go Terran and set up as a impromptu security service that does some sanctioned raiding and things to fulfill my corps contract. I can be near the winning team and such.

Totally up to you. Where were you planning on setting up shop? I'd be happy to fund a local security conglomerate with industrial output in exchange for some of the profits of raiding.

Me? Near or in the Elysium since its the most well rounded of the regions if I have to go security thugs, or up in the polars due to immense carbon mining and a atmo plane could put me on in a strong position.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:42 am

Harkback Union wrote:-snip-

Thank you!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:44 am

Ralnis wrote:

Me? Near or in the Elysium since its the most well rounded of the regions if I have to go security thugs, or up in the polars due to immense carbon mining and a atmo plane could put me on in a strong position.

At, Elysium Planita is a good call. Plenty of resources there to run a faction, especially lots of water for a large population of military entities. That's a good distance for trade and mutual expansion.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:45 am

Is it possible to send out religious missionaries to other factions once the available infrastructure is built?
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse