NATION

PASSWORD

Dynasties of Heaven(Alternate History, OPEN, OOC/Signup)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The NuMegadonian Empire
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The NuMegadonian Empire » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:25 pm

I would like to sign up. What should I do?(besides the app)

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:37 pm

Oh boy, I want to be a bandit
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:46 pm

You don't mind a Second Yellow Turban Rebellion?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:48 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:You don't mind a Second Yellow Turban Rebellion?

Technically it'd be the first, but sure. :p

Oh shit, mixed up AD and BC.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:49 pm

Tagged.

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:56 pm

Right now the Xia dynasty doesn’t have much land
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:57 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
The Archipelago Territory wrote:Right now the Xia dynasty doesn’t have much land

It'll be added don't worry/altered.

We can notch this up to 1000BC if y'all really like.

Can I choose the ruler of a small land outside the dynasty’s land
YANG GANG 2020

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:10 pm

Character Section:
Character Name: Yao Zhin
Character Type
(Put Y where applicable)
Ruler(Warlord Fighting For Power):
Warlord(Aka a Strategist):
General:
Politician:
Diplomat:
Bandit: Y
Soldier: Y
Dancer:
Priest:
Scholar:
Merchant:
Peasant:
Mercenary: Y
Mystic:
Hermit:
Adventurer:
Born Noble:
Appointed Noble:
Foreigner:
Born Royalty:
---------
Bio: Born to a peasant family he soon joined the military as means of escaping the life of a peasant, he rose through ranks quickly as it was becoming evident he had great potential and was eventually became an officer of sorts in the army of the Xia, he was due to a promotion when a court plot struck him and he lost much, far too much to still be loyal to the Xia so he took whatever men would follow him and deserted from the army he then traveled to the northernmost section of the Xia territory where he terrorized the locals with various bandits and criminals joining him on a normal basis, though, he is yet too small to directly attack Xia, he can pose risk of being too powerful in the region...
Location: the Northernmost Point of the current ruling Dynasty
Territory(If Ruler): N/A
Personality: Bold
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Stats(Out of 100):
Leader= 70
Valor= 60
Duel= 80
Intellect= 45
Politics= 20
Foreign= 20
Charisma= 70
----

RP Sample(If you have one. Link, don't copy-paste.):
If you don't have an RP Sample do you swear to reach the level of quality demonstrated by players?:
#App(Don't remove this is for finding Apps)
Last edited by Endem on Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:29 am, edited 6 times in total.

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:11 pm

Character Section:
Character Name: Rin Tao
Character Type
(Put Y where applicable)
General:
Politician:
Diplomat:
Bandit:
Soldier:
Dancer:
Priest: x
Scholar: x
Merchant:
Peasant:
Born Noble:
Appointed Noble:
Foreigner:
Born Royalty:
---------
Bio: Rin Tao was born to a poor peasant family that had worked along the yellow river for multiple generations. His father would attempt to raise him in the family craft of agriculture however it would quickly become apparent that the young child had an almost unnatural knack for problem solving and learning. Rin would learn the language of his people by the age of two and would immediately delve into mathematics and other unique fields of knowledge. As a side effect of his unique abilities, Rin became a social outcast within his community as he refused to work on anything other than his own pursuits of science. His father made a great effort to focus him towards a life of work however the young Rin would run away at the age of 12 and would never again be seen by his family. Rin made his way along the yellow river until he found a small cave which he made his home for the next several years. Rin would further his own studies in the natural world around him using nothing but his mind and a few tools that he would steal from local villages at night. He would learn to rely entirely on himself but would show a unique kindness to strangers who found him for he relished in the activity of sharing knowledge with the youth and aged of China. He would often preach of nonviolence and self reliance amongst nature which garnered him the attention of various villages that would begin to see him as a gift from heaven. Rin Tao, now 50 years old, will now witness the transformation of China at the hands of warlords and demons alike.
Location(If map is up, pick general region or look up china stuff or places you know on there, if not, do the same thing, just a general area): Somewhere along the Yellow River
Territory(If Ruler): N/A
Personality(Timid, Calm, Bold, or Reckless): Calm
Alignment: True Neutral
Stats(Out of 100):
Leader= 30
Valor= 30
Duel= 30
Intellect= 90
Politics= 30
Foreign= 30
Charisma= 90
-----

If you don't have a RP Sample do you swear to reach the level of quality demonstrated by players?: Yep (have rp samples but im too lazy to dig for them)
Last edited by Sapientia Et Bellum on Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini
"We are fascists, the heirs of fascism, the fascism of the year 2000" - Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Economics Major (My ideals swing wildly between the parties occasionally due to my current education), Pro Interventionism, Pro NATO, Anti UN, Capitalist, Anti Russia, Anti China (Tariffs are still dumb though), and pro libertarian equality
In The Long Run, We Are All Dead

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:13 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Sapientia Et Bellum wrote:Character Section:
Character Name: Rin Tao
Character Type
(Put Y where applicable)
General:
Politician:
Diplomat:
Bandit:
Soldier:
Dancer:
Priest: x
Scholar: x
Merchant:
Peasant:
Born Noble:
Appointed Noble:
Foreigner:
Born Royalty:
---------
Bio: Rin Tao was born to a poor peasant family that had worked along the yellow river for multiple generations. His father would attempt to raise him in the family craft of agriculture however it would quickly become apparent that the young child had an almost unnatural knack for problem solving and learning. Rin would learn the language of his people by the age of two and would immediately delve into mathematics and other unique fields of knowledge. As a side effect of his unique abilities, Rin became a social outcast within his community as he refused to work on anything other than his own pursuits of science. His father made a great effort to focus him towards a life of work however the young Rin would run away at the age of 12 and would never again be seen by his family. Rin made his way along the yellow river until he found a small cave which he made his home for the next several years. Rin would further his own studies in the natural world around him using nothing but his mind and a few tools that he would steal from local villages at night. He would learn to rely entirely on himself but would show a unique kindness to strangers who found him for he relished in the activity of sharing knowledge with the youth and aged of China. He would often preach of nonviolence and self reliance amongst nature which garnered him the attention of various villages that would begin to see him as a gift from heaven. Rin Tao, now 50 years old, will now witness the transformation of China at the hands of warlords and demons alike.
Location(If map is up, pick general region or look up china stuff or places you know on there, if not, do the same thing, just a general area):
Territory(If Ruler):
Personality(Timid, Calm, Bold, or Reckless):
Alignment: True Neutral
Stats(Out of 100):
Leader= 0
Valor= 0
Duel= 0
Intellect= 50
Politics= 0
Foreign= 0
Charisma= 50
-----

If you don't have a RP Sample do you swear to reach the level of quality demonstrated by players?:

Keep in mind that low stats are like the 20's-30's, there can be no zero stat, sorry for confusion, other than that looks like a good WIP App.

My dude has literally zero interest in those other things though... A monk for instance should not have any skills in politics or warfare lol
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini
"We are fascists, the heirs of fascism, the fascism of the year 2000" - Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Economics Major (My ideals swing wildly between the parties occasionally due to my current education), Pro Interventionism, Pro NATO, Anti UN, Capitalist, Anti Russia, Anti China (Tariffs are still dumb though), and pro libertarian equality

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:14 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:I wonder if Bandit Kings could exist... :unsure:

Dunno, by the way, has an official army with officers and such exist yet ( 'cause I kinda want to do it as an officer who didn't get his promotion due to some court intrigue so he gone and made a band of his that he now terrorizes the northernmost part of the dynasty territories with )

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:15 pm

I dont see why I cant focus my guy into being a charismatic intellectual
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:16 pm

Never mind, im a dumbass... I thought the skills worked on Fallout logic
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:17 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Endem wrote:
Dunno, by the way, has an official army with officers and such exist yet ( 'cause I kinda want to do it as an officer who didn't get his promotion due to some court intrigue so he gone and made a band of his that he now terrorizes the northernmost part of the dynasty territories with )

Of course, it's the dynasty that will-and probably has-won in the poll.

Okay, let's get writing then

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:18 pm

Also a WIP:

Character Section:
Character Name: Chen Li
Character Type
(Put Y where applicable)
Ruler(Warlord Fighting For Power): Y
Warlord(Aka a Strategist): Y
General: Y
Politician: Y
Diplomat:
Bandit:
Soldier:
Dancer:
Priest:
Scholar: Y
Merchant:
Peasant:
Born Noble:
Appointed Noble:
Foreigner:
Born Royalty:
---------
Bio:

Born in a village in the Liaodong Peninsula, Chen managed to raise an army strong enough to conquer the small peninsula and establish a government. He is the leader of the Chen Dynasty and the king of the self proclaimed kingdom on the peninsula, a peaceful kingdom that has a large army but will not use it often. It only brings out its army when it has been invaded or there is a conflict in the surrounding bay, being a very territorial kingdom. A scholar himself, Chen is very close to the other scholars in the kingdom and will usually make good decisions and values Chinese philosophy.
Location(If map is up, pick general region or look up china stuff or places you know on there, if not, do the same thing, just a general area): Liaodong Peninsula
Territory(If Ruler): Liaodong Peninsula
Personality(Timid, Calm, Bold, or Reckless): calm
Alignment: Chen Dynasty
Stats(Out of 100):
Leader= 80
Valor= 68
Duel= 20
Intellect= 70
Politics= 30
Foreign= 50
Charisma= 70
-----

If you don't have a RP Sample do you swear to reach the level of quality demonstrated by players?: Yes and I have been in multiple faction and character RPs so I don’t know what to sample
Last edited by The Archipelago Territory on Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:35 am, edited 8 times in total.
YANG GANG 2020

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:20 pm

yay
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:23 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:Might as well end poll now, ya uncreative fucks. :p

I thin you meant to say "you history loving players" right?

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:28 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:

Ya lame fucknuggets. xD

I caught that! XD
YANG GANG 2020

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:29 pm

You know what, you should add a mercenary background option because Zhin would probably totally would want to lend a hand to an invading warlord if the price is right

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:30 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
The Archipelago Territory wrote:I caught that! XD

I swear if the winner calls themselves the "Shang" Dynasty I'm going to flip. :lol2:

Even though my app is a WIP I just added Territory can you confirm that it’s okay?
YANG GANG 2020

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:32 pm

INB4 old man given control of all of China and then deletes China
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:33 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:Anyone have a better idea of specifying available and picked character backgrounds without that long list? Could turn off other players who dislike the length plus if we add ten more I'm going to melt. :p

Yup, spoiler it into various subgroups like the Warrior subgroup, Warlord, General, Bandit, Soldier etc. The Domestic subgroup, the Soiritual subgroup and so on

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:34 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
The Archipelago Territory wrote:I caught that! XD

I swear if the winner calls themselves the "Shang" Dynasty I'm going to flip. :lol2:

I probably have no hopes of winning but would the Yin pass?

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:36 pm

Apologies if I don't know much of Chinese history, but I'll throw my hat into the ring.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:36 pm

Eternal Lotharia wrote:
Endem wrote:Yup, spoiler it into various subgroups like the Warrior subgroup, Warlord, General, Bandit, Soldier etc. The Domestic subgroup, the Soiritual subgroup and so on

But leave it in the app or available ones to copy/paste from in the main post?

Wut

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse