NATION

PASSWORD

Thoughtdeath 2019 [OOC|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:21 pm

@ Rev: So to clarify, you’re advancing to contact now?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:23 pm

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:Please tell me the map is wrong, at least one person's gotta be near Bu. If not Bu then a objective? Any objective? LMFAO

Guess its me 1v1 G's bot now

Tim is only two or three turns away from the other turret!
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:25 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:@ Rev: So to clarify, you’re advancing to contact now?

Roger, two tiles forward
Lover of doggos

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:28 pm

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Tim is only two or three turns away from the other turret!

Dosent this guy have 4 movement speed?

OOCly curious as to the logic pertaining to having chars go sideways especially when u are the fastest in the game

Indeed so - four tiles per round. Your teammates are helpfully mirror flanking.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:34 pm

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:
Indeed so - four tiles per round. Your teammates are helpfully mirror flanking.

There is no point in mirror flanking or just flanking at all if the most the enemy can possess in the initial turns is a melee weapon and likewise you only have a melee weapon 2.

Oh I personally agree - but Andy is flanking, so it was logical for Aedyn to do likewise. Plus he is well placed right now to support you, and claim the eastern resurrection pad.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:46 pm

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:(Image)

Wait a sec, why the hell my guy moved so slowly if he has two mobility and didn't use his IMSC?
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:56 pm

Endem wrote:
V A N Q U A R I A wrote:(Image)

Wait a sec, why the hell my guy moved so slowly if he has two mobility and didn't use his IMSC?

But you did use your IMSA - on round 1 to make a Hand-Axe. During that turn you moved one tile east. This round you moved two tiles south, since you weren’t using Cognition.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:03 pm

Endem wrote:Wait a sec, why the hell my guy moved so slowly if he has two mobility and didn't use his IMSC?

But you did use your IMSA - on round 1 to make a Hand-Axe. During that turn you moved one tile east. This round you moved two tiles south, since you weren’t using Cognition.

Oh, for a second I thought I moved one tile

Sinyal
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sinyal » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:48 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Sinyal wrote:Uh Ralnis the crossbow requires 4 cog and Joe does not have 4 cog.

Why don't you shut up and let me fail

Thank you for letting me know it wasn't up there on the templates.

Y'Welcome

North Timeria
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby North Timeria » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:27 pm

This is Aedyn's first match he won't be perfect.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:34 pm

North Timeria wrote:This is Aedyn's first match he won't be perfect.

It's everyone's first match - I don't expect anyone to be perfect :P

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:19 am

Righto - not everyone has posted, but I think I can guess at the actions of the others. Bringing the update online.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:51 am

Is there an initiative for combat or is it whoever posts first gets to attack I first? Or maybe it’s at exactly the same time?

How’s this work?
Lover of doggos

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:35 am

Revlona wrote:Is there an initiative for combat or is it whoever posts first gets to attack I first? Or maybe it’s at exactly the same time?

How’s this work?

Pound for pound, actions happen "near concurrently" due to the timeframe we're talking about. First posts are resolved first, but not necessarily completed before the last posts are resolved. So if you post first you might be able to shoot someone standing where they are at the beginning of the round, but if you post last you might be able to shoot them while they are in motion.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:13 pm

To busy to post right now, ethan is just gonna move straight forward and engage any enemies in range
Lover of doggos

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:14 pm

Revlona wrote:To busy to post right now, ethan is just gonna move straight forward and engage any enemies in range

You know, you only needed about another paragraph or two to make those instructions into an actual post :P

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:24 am

Psst, Ralnis- don’t forget you can only make things on the Template list at the moment. Can I recommend some Arrows for your bow? :P

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:39 am

Well, uh, it seems I don't have much to post right now and I don't want it to be pointless filler...

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:43 am

Endem wrote:Well, uh, it seems I don't have much to post right now and I don't want it to be pointless filler...

Well, you are advancing to contact right now, next to a comrade who has the most sophisticated weapon in the arena. Your team has also just driven back their foes, temporarily. Something along those lines would be fine!

It should also be said I don’t expect paragraphs of Shakespeare for every post. This is fundamentally a pen-and-paper RPG. A simple detailing of your actions will be fine sometimes, though I hope you find inspiration occasionally to detail your character’s thoughts, the reasoning for their stratagems, their history, and the like for us at times.

North Timeria
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby North Timeria » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:28 pm

Just wondering how Aedyn got there.. He move forward 3 spaces

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:31 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Psst, Ralnis- don’t forget you can only make things on the Template list at the moment. Can I recommend some Arrows for your bow? :P

Uhh right! Let me get some arrows for that bow.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:45 pm

North Timeria wrote:Just wondering how Aedyn got there.. He move forward 3 spaces

Oh, Aedyn can only move two spaces when using his Imsa - half the regular distance. And since the tile two spaces in front of him is height 3, he wouldn’t have the movement to climb it immediately.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:09 pm

Also I'll be replacing Bu with an android, since Vanq won't be around for a few weeks. You both now get mechanical combatant-partners.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Electic
Envoy

Founded: Aug 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Electic » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:46 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Also I'll be replacing Bu with an android, since Vanq won't be around for a few weeks. You both now get mechanical combatant-partners.

Looking forward to facing off with botman.

And post up. A little short, but I am not skilled like Nightkill, and can only describe running forward in so many ways.
I'm a proud member of the Dark Light Family

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:48 pm

Electic wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Also I'll be replacing Bu with an android, since Vanq won't be around for a few weeks. You both now get mechanical combatant-partners.

Looking forward to facing off with botman.

And post up. A little short, but I am not skilled like Nightkill, and can only describe running forward in so many ways.

I’m still 98% sure you are on Brobot’s team :P

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse