NATION

PASSWORD

Thoughtdeath 2019 [OOC|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:04 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Sinyal wrote:Oh yeah WTF whoever made that last app read the main description before you app

No need to be that way, it could've been an honest mistake. Happens to everyone all the time.

Hey ralnis, seems we will be murdering each other’s characters finally
Lover of doggos

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:08 pm

Revlona wrote:
Ralnis wrote:No need to be that way, it could've been an honest mistake. Happens to everyone all the time.

Seems like it, maybe the best man win.

which is me of course.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:09 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Revlona wrote:

Seems like it, maybe the best man win.

which is me of course.

Nah I’m just gonna kill you with my spear that I can make
Lover of doggos

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:11 pm

Revlona wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Seems like it, maybe the best man win.

which is me of course.

Nah I’m just gonna kill you with my spear that I can make

Not unless I unleash the dakka.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:01 pm

Revlona wrote:Contestant
Name: Samuel Ethan Storm
Sex: Male
Short Bio: Born somewhere roughly 22 years ago to unknown parents. Ethan (He prefers his middle name and only lets close friends know his first, on most documents he is officially Ethan Storm though he knows his first name is Samuel) is a quiet and introverted young man who really is just bored and needs the money that thoughtdeath brings. He is willing to kill in order to win, but doesn't like to put himself in harms way.
Personal Color: How is this?
Statistics:

Attack - 1
Composition - 2
Resilience - 0
Mobility - 2
Cognition - 2

Heya Rev, good to have you. That all appears to be in order. With that, we have a nice six contestants, and I'll crack open the IC in the morning.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Sinyal
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sinyal » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:48 am

Almost time for battle!

North Timeria
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby North Timeria » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:10 am

Sinyal wrote:
Ralnis wrote:No need to be that way, it could've been an honest mistake. Happens to everyone all the time.

Oh I apologize

I'm sorry I had a little to drink when I filled out the app and went stupid :oops: ... I edited my app

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:49 am

Sinyal wrote:Almost time for battle!

Do you feel, can I say, hype?
Last edited by Endem on Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Sinyal
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinyal » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:03 am

Endem wrote:
Sinyal wrote:Almost time for battle!

Do you feel, can I say, hype?

Sinyal wrote:Yay more apps! ***SO HYPED***

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:34 am

North Timeria wrote:Contestant
Name: Aedyn Mili
Sex: M
Short Bio: Aedyn was born Los Angeles 19 years ago to an impoverished family living on the outer marks of the city. His mother and father worked endlessly to provide for him and his 3 siblings. Aedyn was always bright and as much as his parents tried to hide the suffering he noticed. At a young age, he did everything he could to make life easier. From the start, Thoughtdeath gave temptation to Aedyn. If he could win it could completely change life for his family. When his father went into debt trying to keep their house he knew he had to take the chance.

Without his father's knowledge, he went broke into the CEO of the corporation's house and decided to workout out a deal. The CEO was impressed as Aedyn managed to bypass all of his security and into his personal quarters. To pay off his father's debt he accepted a sponsorship deal to compete in Thoughtdeath. He didn't know if he could win but at least his family would be free of debt. It was an easy choice for the CEO if Aedyn didn't succeed it would be a minuscule loss for the company but if he won they could have something special.
Personal Color: Orange
Statistics: 1 Attack, 2 Composition, 0 Resilience, 4 Mobility, and 1 Cognition

You do actually have one more CP to distribute - it's cool if you want to spend it as Credits, but that's up to you.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Sinyal
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinyal » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:26 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
North Timeria wrote:Contestant
Name: Aedyn Mili
Sex: M
Short Bio: Aedyn was born Los Angeles 19 years ago to an impoverished family living on the outer marks of the city. His mother and father worked endlessly to provide for him and his 3 siblings. Aedyn was always bright and as much as his parents tried to hide the suffering he noticed. At a young age, he did everything he could to make life easier. From the start, Thoughtdeath gave temptation to Aedyn. If he could win it could completely change life for his family. When his father went into debt trying to keep their house he knew he had to take the chance.

Without his father's knowledge, he went broke into the CEO of the corporation's house and decided to workout out a deal. The CEO was impressed as Aedyn managed to bypass all of his security and into his personal quarters. To pay off his father's debt he accepted a sponsorship deal to compete in Thoughtdeath. He didn't know if he could win but at least his family would be free of debt. It was an easy choice for the CEO if Aedyn didn't succeed it would be a minuscule loss for the company but if he won they could have something special.
Personal Color: Orange
Statistics: 1 Attack, 2 Composition, 0 Resilience, 4 Mobility, and 1 Cognition

You do actually have one more CP to distribute - it's cool if you want to spend it as Credits, but that's up to you.

Aye G-Tech you workin' on the IC?

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:28 am

Sinyal wrote:

Aye G-Tech you workin' on the IC?

You know he is, he said he was going to, you don’t gotta rush him
Lover of doggos

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:29 am

Speaking of which - that there do be the IC.

Relevant.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:33 am

Oh, also - just so we're all on the same page, all distances are measured on orthogonal lines, north south east west. Diagonal movement or shooting etc. is a combination of cardinal directions.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:45 am

Posted

How’s it look G? Worried that I might have gotten some of the details wrong.
Lover of doggos

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:47 am

Revlona wrote:Posted

Nothing wrong I can see - Sam has 2 Cog, so making a shield in one turn is perfectly fine, and moving one space when using your IMSA is perfectly normal for your standard Mob value. 'twas a great first post.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:48 am

Revlona wrote:Posted

Nothing wrong I can see - Sam has 2 Cog, so making a shield in one turn is perfectly fine, and moving one space when using your IMSA is perfectly normal for your standard Mob value. 'twas a great first post.

Hurrah
Lover of doggos

North Timeria
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby North Timeria » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:10 am

Yes I would like to use it for credits... Or could I have it until I get more? I want to use most of them on mobility

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:12 am

North Timeria wrote:Yes I would like to use it for credits... Or could I have it until I get more? I want to use most of them on mobility

They all have to be spend one way or another in character creation
Lover of doggos

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:12 am

By the way, if my char has two mobility points, how much squares can I move?
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:13 am

North Timeria wrote:Yes I would like to use it for credits... Or could I have it until I get more? I want to use most of them on mobility

I'm afraid CP must be either spent or converted to Credits to start the RP - but never fear. Kill one person (easy with respawns) and help your team win, and you'll have enough CP to afford more mobility in no time.

If you want more Mobility now, you could convert it to Credits and buy some Boots of Escape to start the round with.

Endem wrote:By the way, if my char has two mobility points, how much squares can I move?

Two squares, to be sure.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:20 am

I'm afraid CP must be either spent or converted to Credits to start the RP - but never fear. Kill one person (easy with respawns) and help your team win, and you'll have enough CP to afford more mobility in no time.

If you want more Mobility now, you could convert it to Credits and buy some Boots of Escape to start the round with.

Endem wrote:By the way, if my char has two mobility points, how much squares can I move?

Two squares, to be sure.

So what happens when you use cognition with only 1 mobility? Can you not live?
Lover of doggos

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:22 am

Revlona wrote:So what happens when you use cognition with only 1 mobility? Can you not live?

Nah. I round up - you'd still be able to move one tile.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:24 am

Revlona wrote:So what happens when you use cognition with only 1 mobility? Can you not live?

Alright, so now that I’ve already halved my movement to 1 it will stay there no matter how much cognition I use?
Lover of doggos

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:27 am

Revlona wrote:

Alright, so now that I’ve already halved my movement to 1 it will stay there no matter how much cognition I use?

Oh no - that's a round to round thing. If you don't use cognition next round, your character will once again move at full speed. It is mainly there to prevent someone from, say, running around the map fabricating mines to plant behind them while slower characters can't catch up.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse