NATION

PASSWORD

The Orion Sector (OOC/FT-Nation/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Empire of Tau » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:39 pm

First, me and Ralnis have to commit war-crimes on the Union State before we start doing war-crimes on others.
Last edited by The Empire of Tau on Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:58 pm

I'm starting to think that making a species all but immune to radiation was a good idea.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:13 pm

Well, I guess the Half Moon is in a decent position.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:42 pm

I’m not exactly sure how I’ll fit my little Federation into the picture. I guess I could do a first contact with the Aelids if someone hasn’t already planned that.

Edit: Scratch that, it appears that the OSA is already a big part of the interstellar community. Maybe some trade talks or something.
Last edited by Tayner on Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:44 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:First, me and Ralnis have to commit war-crimes on the Union State before we start doing war-crimes on others.

It wouldn't be an awesome war without a couple of planets being glassed.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:47 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:100 Armonians vs 1 Human would go something like this:

Human: Oh, this should be easy, these are just ants-

Armonian assemble into a swarm, crawling up the human

Human: This is more annoying than I expected.

Human swats Armonians with little success

Human: GAH! GAH! I'm going to get you- OWWWWWW

Armonians spray their juice on the human, creating large, frightening burns on the human's skin. Human is now on ground in fetal position wishing for death.

Human: Please...have...mercy...

Armonians burrow into the human like rats, eating away at his flesh. They soon consume the man alive, leaving nothing but bones.

WCC, might not be wise to make to many plans for the IC when your app has not yet been accepted.

Turmenista wrote:Well, I guess the Half Moon is in a decent position.

What sort of relations ties do you think your people would have with the Weseh Conclave or even others in the Orion Arm?
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:15 pm

Tayner wrote:I’m not exactly sure how I’ll fit my little Federation into the picture. I guess I could do a first contact with the Aelids if someone hasn’t already planned that.

Edit: Scratch that, it appears that the OSA is already a big part of the interstellar community. Maybe some trade talks or something.

Not quite. We "know" there are other folks abound, but we haven't contacted them since we didn't want to be involved in multiple wars at once.

We can do 'first contact' if you want.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:25 pm

Anowa wrote:
Tayner wrote:I’m not exactly sure how I’ll fit my little Federation into the picture. I guess I could do a first contact with the Aelids if someone hasn’t already planned that.

Not quite. We "know" there are other folks abound, but we haven't contacted them since we didn't want to be involved in multiple wars at once.

We can do 'first contact' if you want.

Exterminatus/First Contact war vibes intensfy.

Seems like your the only first rate power so far.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:46 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Seems like your the only first rate power so far.

Now everyone's gonna be gunning for me.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:25 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
What sort of relations ties do you think your people would have with the Weseh Conclave or even others in the Orion Arm?

If a profit is to be made, I'll make it without hesitation. I'll play as the opportunist.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:01 am

Shadowwell wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:100 Armonians vs 1 Human would go something like this:

Human: Oh, this should be easy, these are just ants-

Armonian assemble into a swarm, crawling up the human

Human: This is more annoying than I expected.

Human swats Armonians with little success

Human: GAH! GAH! I'm going to get you- OWWWWWW

Armonians spray their juice on the human, creating large, frightening burns on the human's skin. Human is now on ground in fetal position wishing for death.

Human: Please...have...mercy...

Armonians burrow into the human like rats, eating away at his flesh. They soon consume the man alive, leaving nothing but bones.

WCC, might not be wise to make to many plans for the IC when your app has not yet been accepted.

Turmenista wrote:Well, I guess the Half Moon is in a decent position.

OP's grievance with it doesn't even exist in the app. We're genetically modified ants, not humans.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:10 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:OP's grievance with it doesn't even exist in the app. We're genetically modified ants, not humans.

The 'made by humans' thing is the issue. Seeing as humans were uplifted by the Tagali ICly, it's his domain. He's also the OP, it's his rule you have to bend to.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:12 am

Anowa wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:OP's grievance with it doesn't even exist in the app. We're genetically modified ants, not humans.

The 'made by humans' thing is the issue. Seeing as humans were uplifted by the Tagali ICly, it's his domain. He's also the OP, it's his rule you have to bend to.

He read it as me having a human nation, apparently. He referenced the rule on no human nations, because he thought I was a human nation. Simple misunderstanding.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:27 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Anowa wrote:

He read it as me having a human nation, apparently. He referenced the rule on no human nations, because he thought I was a human nation. Simple misunderstanding.

Did he outright state to you that it was a misunderstanding?
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:53 am

Anowa wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:He read it as me having a human nation, apparently. He referenced the rule on no human nations, because he thought I was a human nation. Simple misunderstanding.

Did he outright state to you that it was a misunderstanding?

He hasn't come online yet since I told him about it.
Please Watch

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:59 am

Anowa wrote:Did he outright state to you that it was a misunderstanding?

He hasn't come online yet since I told him about it.

Then don't assume as such.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:03 am

Anowa wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:He hasn't come online yet since I told him about it.

Then don't assume as such.

The wording looks like he didn't understand it, since he referenced the rule on human nations when I'm a nation of ants.
Please Watch

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:03 am

Anowa wrote:Then don't assume as such.

The wording looks like he didn't understand it, since he referenced the rule on human nations when I'm a nation of ants.

Perhaps but said nation of ants only exists because of a stated nation of humans which made them. Your people themselves are not human but still heavily make use of them.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:18 am

I'm wondering whether i should make an entirely new race or just improve the one i used in the previous Orion RP, the Xarakh
Last edited by Skarten on Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

The National Dominion of Hungary
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The National Dominion of Hungary » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:18 am

Yo Ralins and Tau, we got to crunch together some kind of decent war or conflict story, which brings me to step one. Are we going to do this as an open war attempting to reconquer the region or is it mostly a large raid toward one of the region's main population centers?

Also, Turmenista and Tayner, what kind of relations do you think our respective states would have at the beginning?

Plotek i medialnych bredni nie daj sobie wmówić,
Codziennie się rozwijaj i nie daj się ogłupić,
Atakowi propagandy stawiaj czoło dzielnie,
Nie daj sobą sterować i myśl samodzielnie.

Mass Effect Andromeda is a solid 7/10. Deal with it.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:19 am

The National Dominion of Hungary wrote:Yo Ralins and Tau, we got to crunch together some kind of decent war or conflict story, which brings me to step one. Are we going to do this as an open war attempting to reconquer the region or is it mostly a large raid toward one of the region's main population centers?

Also, Turmenista and Tayner, what kind of relations do you think our respective states would have at the beginning?

It will be an open war attempting to reconquer the region.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The National Dominion of Hungary
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The National Dominion of Hungary » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:25 am

Starting as a surprise-attack on the outer inhabited worlds I suppose? Those would have relatively small garrisons and have no defensive orbital stations, often also no warships stationed in systems other than a patrol group that might happen to come through while making sweeps of the outer systems and no-man's land in between our states.

Plotek i medialnych bredni nie daj sobie wmówić,
Codziennie się rozwijaj i nie daj się ogłupić,
Atakowi propagandy stawiaj czoło dzielnie,
Nie daj sobą sterować i myśl samodzielnie.

Mass Effect Andromeda is a solid 7/10. Deal with it.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Postby The Empire of Tau » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:32 am

The National Dominion of Hungary wrote:Starting as a surprise-attack on the outer inhabited worlds I suppose? Those would have relatively small garrisons and have no defensive orbital stations, often also no warships stationed in systems other than a patrol group that might happen to come through while making sweeps of the outer systems and no-man's land in between our states.

Well, let's see how far we can get before our offensives bogs down.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:38 am

The Empire of Tau wrote:
The National Dominion of Hungary wrote:Starting as a surprise-attack on the outer inhabited worlds I suppose? Those would have relatively small garrisons and have no defensive orbital stations, often also no warships stationed in systems other than a patrol group that might happen to come through while making sweeps of the outer systems and no-man's land in between our states.

Well, let's see how far we can get before our offensives bogs down.

Wahl pirate vessels are the fragile speedsters of the Orion Sector. Faster than most but can't take a punch so hit and runs are where they will shine. The pirates wouldn't try to be bogged down in offensive battles and were more than likely run and try to outmaneuver with their superior speed. Maybe come in with ships backed with unstable warp cores and massive shielding overlays to basically be a giant bomb or battering ram but they wouldn't be in the business of doing standard fleet to fleet battles.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Postby The Empire of Tau » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:46 am

Ralnis wrote:
The Empire of Tau wrote:Well, let's see how far we can get before our offensives bogs down.

Wahl pirate vessels are the fragile speedsters of the Orion Sector. Faster than most but can't take a punch so hit and runs are where they will shine. The pirates wouldn't try to be bogged down in offensive battles and were more than likely run and try to outmaneuver with their superior speed. Maybe come in with ships backed with unstable warp cores and massive shielding overlays to basically be a giant bomb or battering ram but they wouldn't be in the business of doing standard fleet to fleet battles.

Don't worry. I'll be handling the conventional-side of warfare as I got the resources and administration to do so.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse