NATION

PASSWORD

Breaching the Fog (OOC).

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Breaching the Fog (OOC).

Postby Benuty » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:12 pm

Breaching the Fog

An old tale

Our elders described the old world as one of vibrancy and life, but that was over a hundred years ago. What was once a world filled with billions of humans now has only a few million. Our oldest describe a terrifying event known as the four plagues which destroyed the old world. They say a great meteor stuck somewhere in the Atlantic and brought fire, and floods upon the earth. The second plague came when the skies turned grey and rained black acid upon everything below a certain point. The third plague was a great winter which forced millions to flee to the safer north, and the fourth was a great famine which killed the majority of the survivors.

It has been 100 years since the destruction of the old world, and a great fog encases the remains. Many have gone through it, but just as many never come back. Those who do speak of the horrors of the old world or keep to themselves. We are the inheritors of this new world, and whatever forces rule it deed that we must keep out of the fog. For whoever violates it never comes out the same again, but a changed person if they come out at all.

Introduction

Welcome to Breaching the Fog, this roleplay takes place following the abrupt end of the cold war in 1983. The apocalypse people always feared came not with atomic bombs, nuclear missiles, or World War III, but with a civilization-ending meteor. The survivors who flooded the safe zone before the great dying off reported how it came out of the sky like divine wrath. No one knows how it arrived without warning and obliterated Europe off the map. It sent massive floods of water, and storms of fire to scourge the earth.

Over the weeks following the incident survivors came by great cruise ships fleeing the ashes of the old world reported the chaos the world was in. Radios reported grey skies and black acidic rain which destroyed life wherever it touched down. One man saw an entire crowd of people dissolved into screaming agony. The rains ended, but then a great winter came forcing millions of survivors to the far north due to the ironically warmer temperatures. Of course, too many people, and not enough food caused many to starve, many more to commit suicide, or cannibalize their fellow humans.

The corpses once thawed served as fertilizer for the remaining survivors to field new crops. As submarines from the east coast and European part of the Soviet Union came in reporting the utter destruction especially with the fact western Europe was now lying underwater in a giant crater. There was an attempt to rebuild both the Soviet Union, and the US, but both failed miserably with various velvet revolutions against the strict rules set in place. The order of the cold war no loved proved sustainable, and in its ashes rose several city-states within eastern Siberia and the Alaskan Commonwealth. The Canadian territories once no word came from Ottowa effectively seceded into their nations as well.

Now within the last twenty years, a great fog has swallowed everything up below a certain point. No longer can people freely scavenge the remains of the old world without facing the dangers of the fog. Many who go into it die or come out changed beyond recognition. You are either a citizen of Alaska or a resident living here from one of the surrounding nations. Whatever the reason the scientists in the capital working with their Canadian, and former Soviet counterparts need a team to crack the mystery of the fog, and that's where you come in. Of course, without any willing volunteers, the government has decided to use those that are a drain on society to come forward, welcome prisoners to your new life.

What is the fog?

Many consider the fog a monument to the sins of mankind due to the apparent effect it has on driving people utterly mad. Physically, it is a thick fog that sits stationary along a specific line of latitude for whatever reason and doesn't move or change. People have made expeditions into the fog before with the Soviets making it to the farthest islands of what was once Japan. The fog expands for miles in all directions once you enter it, and doesn't let up. Some speculate if there is even an end to the fog because this doesn't seem like a natural phenomenon.

No matter what you do the fog begins to have some effect on you. For some, it feeds on your worst fears, and for others your greatest guilt. It takes something at the core of your soul and twists it like a knife. Our only interviews with those who have successfully escaped the fog have been less than stellar. Yet they also say you, and the fog isn't the only things in there. There are all sorts of things hunting you within the fog, and if they don't kill you then that doesn't mean you aren't lucky.

Who are you?

You, the unlucky person you are regardless of Alaskan citizenship or not decided to commit a crime, and got caught. Regardless of whether you get out in a few decades, in for life, or on death row. The Alaskan government doesn't want their prisons too full as you are a drain, and decided that since no work crews need you to put you to another use. Now in the Juneau correctional facility, a man representing the Alaskan Intelligence Agency has offered you the best deal you can hope to get. "Join our expedition, succeed, and you get your freedom back".

Code: Select all
[box][u]Alaskan Prison Registry [2083][/u]

1] Name:
2] Sex:
3] Crime Committed:
4] Citizenship Status:
5] Place of Birth:
6] Psychological Profile:
7] Skills Profile:
8] Prisoner Biography:
9] Height, Weight, Race:
10] Roleplay Example:
[/box]
Last edited by Benuty on Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:26 pm

Reserved for OP.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:56 pm

The Island of Webb wrote:Taggedy tag tag

Hello there.

Sinyal
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sinyal » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:25 pm

Alaskan Prison Registry [2083]

1] Name: Jonas Benson
2] Sex: M
3] Crime Committed: Murdered 25 people.
4] Citizenship Status: Citizen of Alaska
5] Place of Birth: Juneau, Alaska
6] Psychological Profile: Calm and gruff
7] Skills Profile: Very skilled with guns and knives, knows how to survive in wilderness.
8] Prisoner Biography: Little Jonas Benson was born in Juneau on July 9th, 2052. He was always good as a child, but once he turned 16, his whole atiitude and demeanor changed. He started acting weirder and weirded, until one day, he murdered 25 people through the course of a year and a half, and he got caught and is awaiting trial in Juneau Correctional Facility.
9] Height, Weight, Race: 6'3, 225 lbs, caucasian
10] Roleplay Example: ?
Last edited by Sinyal on Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Island of Webb
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Island of Webb » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:15 pm

Benuty wrote:
The Island of Webb wrote:Taggedy tag tag

Hello there.

General Kenobi.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:26 pm

Sinyal wrote:
Alaskan Prison Registry [2083]

1] Name: Jonas Benson
2] Sex: M
3] Crime Committed: Murdered 25 people.
4] Citizenship Status: Citizen of Alaska
5] Place of Birth: Juneau, Alaska
6] Psychological Profile: Calm and gruff
7] Skills Profile: Very skilled with guns and knives, knows how to survive in the wilderness.
8] Prisoner Biography: Little Jonas Benson was born in Juneau on July 9th, 2052. He was always good as a child, but once he turned 16, his whole atiitude and demeanor changed. He started acting weirder and weirded until the apocalypse came. He knew how to survive, so he easily got through it. Then, the idea of murdering stuck and his head, and after 25 murders, he got caught.
9] Height, Weight, Race: 6'3, 225 lbs, caucasian
10] Roleplay Example: ?

To note, the apocalypse happened in 1983, and the roleplay is taking place a century later.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:32 pm

I suppose I need to put a timeline up to give people an idea of what has happened beyond my basic descriptions.

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:05 pm

So current year is 2083?
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:04 pm

Vacif wrote:So current year is 2083?

Yes. Its been a century since the unexpected meteor strike ended the old world, and now the remnants are living in a semblance of civilization as long as you get above a certain latitude. The natural weather conditions and limited space have capped population growth, and human population is a sparse shell compared to the billions there were in 1983.

Vacif
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:21 pm

Benuty wrote:
Vacif wrote:So current year is 2083?

Yes. Its been a century since the unexpected meteor strike ended the old world, and now the remnants are living in a semblance of civilization as long as you get above a certain latitude. The natural weather conditions and limited space have capped population growth, and human population is a sparse shell compared to the billions there were in 1983.

So could I have a person from say for instance East Asia?

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:54 pm

Vacif wrote:
Benuty wrote:Yes. Its been a century since the unexpected meteor strike ended the old world, and now the remnants are living in a semblance of civilization as long as you get above a certain latitude. The natural weather conditions and limited space have capped population growth, and human population is a sparse shell compared to the billions there were in 1983.

So could I have a person from say for instance East Asia?

Well, how far down are we talking? I could see a person of East Asian descent living in the upper peripheries of Manchuria, and heading to the former Soviet Union for a better life. A lot of east Asians relocated to Sakhalin since its far more viable to live there due to its being a part of the former USSR.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:40 pm

Flarbinia wrote:Tag.

Hello there Flarbinia, how are you doing?

Vacif
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:26 pm

Benuty wrote:
Vacif wrote:So could I have a person from say for instance East Asia?

Well, how far down are we talking? I could see a person of East Asian descent living in the upper peripheries of Manchuria, and heading to the former Soviet Union for a better life. A lot of east Asians relocated to Sakhalin since its far more viable to live there due to its being a part of the former USSR.

I was thinking Vladivostok.

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:42 pm

Alaskan Prison Registry [2083][/u]

1] Name: Andrew Ryan
2] Sex: Male
3] Crime Committed: Carjacking x3, Second Degree Murder x1, Assualt And battery x2
4] Citizenship Status: Alaskan Citizen
5] Place of Birth: Anchorage, Alaska.
6] Psychological Profile: Behaves as a more normal person, kind of a jokester, after the death of a victim of his carjacking, he tried to change to be more "innocent" and jokelike.
7] Skills Profile: Handles guns well, and can hotwire some cars. Attentive to details, and listens to his surroundings. A relatively intelligent man for the time.
8] Prisoner Biography: Born in 2062, he was raised in a family trying to act like the entire incident never happened. Thus, he was raised in a abusive household, and a generally unfair life. His father, almost thankfully, met the wrong end of a hunting rifle while trying to scavenge for food. His mother, was an asshole aswell, and he left home as soon as possible, when he was 18. He carjacked 3 cars, fighting two people to get them to hand over the keys, and always had a gun to threaten them with. The final time, the victim reached for a shotgun, and Andrew put three rounds through his side, and killed him. Then he ended up in this, prison. Which happened to be more of a paradise for him, but what harm could an adventure do?
9] Height, Weight, Race:
5'9, 173lbs, white male, no tan.
10] Roleplay Example: I have a bunch, most look bad when looking back at them.
Kawaii Seals wrote:SWEET NECTAR OF THE GODS

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Flarbinia » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:27 pm

Benuty wrote:
Flarbinia wrote:Tag.

Hello there Flarbinia, how are you doing?

Great. I am wrapping up one RP, my other RP is doing swell, and another RP I am participating is progressing well.
Last edited by Flarbinia on Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse