NATION

PASSWORD

Exalted: Age of Sorrows (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Antimersia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 04, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Antimersia » Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:53 pm

Medi and Azraellia - Evening, Ledaal General’s Tent, Castle Breton Grounds

“If it’s all the same, I prefer Medi over Maediacles. And thanks for the tea!” Medi replies to Shan Yui with a wide smile, taking a cup of the tea he was offered. He takes a long sip, listening to Shan speak. He only half listens though, as he notices the tea is slightly bitter and can’t help but focus on his desire to add sugar to it. Though he knows sugar will be hard to come by, especially with supplies running lower by the day.

“Oh, well I’m a spirit of friendship!” Azraelia replies when offered the tea. “So while I don’t really drink, the offer has actually been just as beneficial for me.” She smiles briefly and a little nervously as Shan Yui begins to ask them about what occurred on the battle field. She shook a little. She wasn’t used to being in trouble. She didn’t even know if she was in trouble, or if Medi was. But she felt an odd fear and tension. Despite Shan’s calm and almost emotionless demeanor, a tension hung in the air.

“I can explain,” Medi begins, setting his white blind eyes on the General. “as you can plainly see, I am blind. Although, as you can also see, I can perceive the world around me almost perfectly. As an Exalted, I am able to use my power with the air around me to ‘sense’ my surroundings and see without seeing. Although, one drawback of this is that is high natural winds, my sight can get distorted. The winds of the battle, not to mention the chaos of the battle itself, threw my sense off for a time. Daana had informed us that we should help with the artillery as well. Some of the catapults needed firing. Having lost their crews or otherwise become unmanned. This was in conjunction with the order to help deliver supplies. I took it upon myself to send Azraellia and the others off with supplies while I fired the already loaded artillery. I saw no use in wasting time doing one after the other. And I know I would be faster on my lonesome. Although, heading back towards Azraellia, winds and return fire disrupted my sense. I ended up heading in the completely wrong direction. And so I ended up on the front lines. This was not the fault of anyone but my own poor luck.” Medi’s words were harsher and more direct than he usually is. He knows how to talk to nobles and generals. They care not for his gleeful and playful nature. And in a time when he is likely already not on their good side, he is not going to risk testing Shan Yui’s patience.

Azraellia looks on at Medi with concern and understanding. She hopes in her spirit heart that the explanation is sufficient. But even deeper, she hopes it is not. Medi is gaining more and more injuries. As his shoulder is finally healing, he is getting more scrapes, cuts, bruises, and fractures. His body is breaking down and part of her would like nothing more than to hear that the two of them will be sent away to heal. Yet she knows that that is the last thing Medi wants. He would hate to be told that he can’t fight. It would even drive him to try and fight even harder. She looks on at Shan Yui, trying to discern what he will think or say. But the General’s face gives nothing away, much to her dismay.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:50 am

Shan Yui - Verdant Winds
Evening, Ledaal General’s Tent, Castle Breton

Shan Yui paid attention first to gentle Azraellia. Looking up from his work, he almost found her bright tone to be comforting. “Too many voices among us are cynical and broken by the world. As a spirit of friendship, you are a rare breed among this lot of scorpions and vipers. The understanding that I have pleased such a spirit brings me peace. And so I thank you in return.”

He gave a small smile, and then looked back down to his writing for a moment longer. When Medi explained that he was actually an Exalted, however, Shan turned his head back up to look at him. As an Exalted, the blind young man might as well have outranked him. Yet what he lacked in Aspects, Shan Yui compensated in skill and wisdom. He lowered his pen onto the table with care, and he placed his clasped hands on the table.

“Such wondrous power lives in you, that Lord Mahajan saw the need to have you remain active in his battles. I see now why such is the case. Your spirit is also not tainted by the…cruel, controlled way of living that affects all of us. You came to us a stranger, and you are now one of us. But you are also not like us. You and your dear friend are special to behold.”

He gazed down at the paper on his desk. A small drip of tea was on the corner, and he frowned. “Such is why we must mind you as we do. We asked you to remain where you were placed because we did not wish for you to die in…what seems like the ulterior schemes of other Houses. Not that I wish to sit here and add anymore poison to our wells.”

His eyes gleamed thoughtfully as he looked back up at Medi. The writing on his table had momentarily stolen his mind to someplace else, far away from combat. Somewhere much more comfortable and full of love. His voice reflected that distance-quiet, contemplative, and almost mournful.

“Now is a time to strengthen alliances, to make friends for yourself, and to perhaps bring yourself some honor and stability. It can very well crash down at any given moment, but…you are a man deserving of having land and honor. I cannot say such for every man or woman fighting in this war, Exalted or other. So I will ask for you to return to the Mahajan camp, and should he send you back to me, you will both follow whatever explicit orders I give you. Bravery is a marvelous gift. But when it is wasted at inopportune times, it becomes foolishness. Do you both understand?”
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Antimersia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 04, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Antimersia » Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:54 am

Luminesa wrote:Shan Yui - Verdant Winds

Shan Yui paid attention first to gentle Azraellia. Looking up from his work, he almost found her bright tone to be comforting. “Too many voices among us are cynical and broken by the world. As a spirit of friendship, you are a rare breed among this lot of scorpions and vipers. The understanding that I have pleased such a spirit brings me peace. And so I thank you in return.”

He gave a small smile, and then looked back down to his writing for a moment longer. When Medi explained that he was actually an Exalted, however, Shan turned his head back up to look at him. As an Exalted, the blind young man might as well have outranked him. Yet what he lacked in Aspects, Shan Yui compensated in skill and wisdom. He lowered his pen onto the table with care, and he placed his clasped hands on the table.

“Such wondrous power lives in you, that Lord Mahajan saw the need to have you remain active in his battles. I see now why such is the case. Your spirit is also not tainted by the…cruel, controlled way of living that affects all of us. You came to us a stranger, and you are now one of us. But you are also not like us. You and your dear friend are special to behold.”

He gazed down at the paper on his desk. A small drip of tea was on the corner, and he frowned. “Such is why we must mind you as we do. We asked you to remain where you were placed because we did not wish for you to die in…what seems like the ulterior schemes of other Houses. Not that I wish to sit here and add anymore poison to our wells.”

His eyes gleamed thoughtfully as he looked back up at Medi. The writing on his table had momentarily stolen his mind to someplace else, far away from combat. Somewhere much more comfortable and full of love. His voice reflected that distance-quiet, contemplative, and almost mournful.

“Now is a time to strengthen alliances, to make friends for yourself, and to perhaps bring yourself some honor and stability. It can very well crash down at any given moment, but…you are a man deserving of having land and honor. I cannot say such for every man or woman fighting in this war, Exalted or other. So I will ask for you to return to the Mahajan camp, and should he send you back to me, you will both follow whatever explicit orders I give you. Bravery is a marvelous gift. But when it is wasted at inopportune times, it becomes foolishness. Do you both understand?”

Azraellia perks up and smiles with glee at Shan Yui returning his thanks to her. She even bounces on the balls of her feet a little. Her innately happy nature being hard for her to contain, even in this serious setting. They both listen as Shan Yui continues, explaining further the dangers of the current situation, as well as belaying the order to return to the House Mahajan camp. Azraellia nods in understanding, but there is something that Shan mentions that makes Medi grimace slightly. The comment about him being deserving of ‘land and honor’. He waits patiently for Shan Yui to finish talking before replying.

“With respect, General Shan Yui,” Medi began, every time he speaks with more noble patterns as opposed to the free and direct speech he prefers his mouth feels like it fills with acid. Yet he pushes through, continuing to speak sour words “I take exception to that comment about being worthy of land and honor. You said it yourself, the ulterior schemes of houses. I come from a small house in the west. House Munkii, vassals to a great house. A name most people this far east would be forgiven for not knowing. But I fled that life. I fled the scheming, the squabbling, the prim and proper. I have spent my life try to be as free as I can possibly be. And while I will continue to fight with you, and these people, I will never accept land from them. There is no greater prison, than to be given land and honor.” Medi explains passionately. Azraellia places her hand on his shoulder to comfort him and show support for what he is feeling. “Thank you for your time General. With your leave we shall return to the Mahajan camp as ordered.”

“I… I will make sure he gets there personally.” Azraellia adds, looking worried for Medi at the moment. Sensing an odd distress and discomfort within him. As if she can feel a desire within him to run away from everything. Despite how little he shows these feelings on his face.

The pair stand there, looking on at the General as he goes back and forth between looking at them and then back at the paper on the table in front of him. Part of them wonders what is on the paper. But they both know well enough that it isn’t their business. So instead they simply wait to hear a reply or to be dismissed. Both of them clearly in need of some rest after everything that has occurred recently.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:19 pm

Antimersia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Shan Yui - Verdant Winds

Azraellia perks up and smiles with glee at Shan Yui returning his thanks to her. She even bounces on the balls of her feet a little. Her innately happy nature being hard for her to contain, even in this serious setting. They both listen as Shan Yui continues, explaining further the dangers of the current situation, as well as belaying the order to return to the House Mahajan camp. Azraellia nods in understanding, but there is something that Shan mentions that makes Medi grimace slightly. The comment about him being deserving of ‘land and honor’. He waits patiently for Shan Yui to finish talking before replying.

“With respect, General Shan Yui,” Medi began, every time he speaks with more noble patterns as opposed to the free and direct speech he prefers his mouth feels like it fills with acid. Yet he pushes through, continuing to speak sour words “I take exception to that comment about being worthy of land and honor. You said it yourself, the ulterior schemes of houses. I come from a small house in the west. House Munkii, vassals to a great house. A name most people this far east would be forgiven for not knowing. But I fled that life. I fled the scheming, the squabbling, the prim and proper. I have spent my life try to be as free as I can possibly be. And while I will continue to fight with you, and these people, I will never accept land from them. There is no greater prison, than to be given land and honor.” Medi explains passionately. Azraellia places her hand on his shoulder to comfort him and show support for what he is feeling. “Thank you for your time General. With your leave we shall return to the Mahajan camp as ordered.”

“I… I will make sure he gets there personally.” Azraellia adds, looking worried for Medi at the moment. Sensing an odd distress and discomfort within him. As if she can feel a desire within him to run away from everything. Despite how little he shows these feelings on his face.

The pair stand there, looking on at the General as he goes back and forth between looking at them and then back at the paper on the table in front of him. Part of them wonders what is on the paper. But they both know well enough that it isn’t their business. So instead they simply wait to hear a reply or to be dismissed. Both of them clearly in need of some rest after everything that has occurred recently.

Shan Yui - What’s In A Name?

The quiet general listened to Medi’s stilted response, his eyebrows raising just a little as the young man explained why he did not feel a need to use his House’s name. He raised his pen to his lips, gazing at the young man for a few moments before looking to one of his servants. When the man said nothing, he looked back to the blind Earth Exalted. He himself had little to say, opening his mouth only to close it, and to press his pen closer to his lips.

“…Very well. You have a safe trip back. Members of Ledaal will guide you back. In the meantime, I have other things to complete for this evening as well, but if I request you back, you will be retrieved by a servant of mine. Thank you.”

With his firm, gentle dismissal, he turned back toward his poem on the coffee table and he gave a soft sigh. “…Bao?”

“Yessir.”

“I wonder some days if I should have been a monk.”

“Why do you say that, sir?”

“…I sympathize very much with the young man, knowing very well what is coming for us all.” He looked down at his writing as he spoke morosely, and he sipped his tea. “This drink is a luxury compared to what we shall have in a few years.”

“Why do you speak of such ominous things, General? We are winning this war and soon the Bull’s Army will be destroyed.”

“I am old enough to be able to tell when the far future will be grim. And if our forces continue in their trajectory, that future may not be so far away.”

Silence fell back over the two men, and when Shan finished his poetry, he stared down at it. He then placed it in an envelope, with another piece of paper, and he wrote an address. “Have a messenger bring this to Lord Eugeni in Lethlinberg. Thank you.”

“Of course, sir.”

Bao hurried out, leaving Shan Yui to himself. He gazed out at the snow, and thought about the other needs of his camp. He needed to discuss food rations with other members of the camp, and then he wanted to know why House Breton was holding so much food to themselves. They were in more comfort and more stability than much of the rest of the camp.

“…Perhaps such stability could be for the benefit of the rest of the camp.”
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Previous

Return to Portal to the Multiverse