NATION

PASSWORD

Exalted: Age of Sorrows (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:27 pm

Imperialisium wrote:Lethlinberg
The Main Hall

Zara was saved from further subtle prodding by Kerada Ragara by a sudden commotion. Glancing she witnessed the immediate after effects of one of King Alexandros' guards physically removing a nobleman from verbally hounding his sister. Zara smiled inwardly at the notion but she was observant. A quick read of the room and this was deemed as somewhat impolite to physically assault a nobleman over such a thing. Except Ryamis who barely contained a chuckle. Evidently the head of the Cathak contingent found it bemusing as well. Another voice wafted over to her ears.

Eugeni Ledaal. Zara refocused her gaze upon him. Chin tilted down and slightly to the side. As if assessing prey. Not that she was malicious to Eugeni, oh no, quite the contrary. She found his approach somewhat amusing. The nervousness in his voice telling her all she needed to know. Nevertheless Zara gave him a polite smile, with a matching tone, "Good Morning, Master Ledaal." Eugeni's follow up questions came as somewhat sudden for Zara. Not that she betrayed that beyond her continuing polite expression. Manufactured, yet so perfect as to be genuine.

In a way Zara would think she found him cute. In a shy sort of way that is. She did not find him, currently, sexually attractive. But did he find her such? There would be few reasons for a noble scion, spouse less, to speak to approach her without intentions made clear. Zara sipped from her glass before placing it down gracefully. Practiced precision would be an accurate descriptor for her movements. Precision in all things, Kalibron would say.

"Aside from both parents being murdered by assailants unknown...I am well." Zara took a step forward. Not yet making eye contact. "The family is doing well otherwise. Some cousins shall be coming of age soon." She looked up and locked eyes with his. A wry grin forming on one side of her face. A coy smile? "House Cynis party back in the Imperial City. I saw you there. What is so important as to continually seek out conversation with me, however?"

Eugeni - In The Viper's Nest

Eugeni did not like the way that Zara re-calibrated her gaze when she finally paid attention to him. Tilting her head down and giving him a side-long glance, she seemed as if she was sizing him up and determining a weak spot. In the war room she had acted similarly, but toward Alex and Arthur, who had fought to receive her attention about their respective situations. Having seen how she had examined them and had come to the unspoken conclusion that they were worthy of her time, he hoped that she would not decide to ignore him again. He had to be taken a little seriously after facing such a hard battle.

He was quite mortified to hear, however, that her parents had been murdered by assailants. He had heard that House Vai had suffered tragedies, but nothing quite so horrible. The Ledaal noble gulped, and gave a nervous look as he understood. Yet he knew he would not be able to reach the wounds in her heart, not at a party. She was the kind to put her walls up and to enforce them with iron and concrete. He sighed and shook his head. "My apologies for seeming so insensitive, Lady Zara. I...I did not know. That is what I get for reading so many books and not focusing on the people around me..." he muttered, genuinely ashamed at his dense comment. Yet Zara did step forward, meaning that perhaps she did want to talk.

"...It is good to hear your cousins are doing well, however. It is good for our families to be healthy in such uncertain times. It gives a little peace to our troubled minds to know all is well in the nest, does it not?" he tried to console her, though he wondered how much he would seem condescending. Zara was not a person to receive compassion or kindness often, he wondered if she would see it as weakness or as genuine comradery. Soon after he spoke, however, she lifted her eyes and locked her gaze with his. He felt a little anxiety, and took a sip of the glass in his hand. The wine fell dry and bitter down his throat, and he realized he had grabbed white wine, not red. Yet he kept the polite smile on his face like a responsible, genteel noble.

"Oh!...I am sure it seems quite strange for me to continually try to speak to you. I know you have many men seeking for your hand, and it must be tiring at times. I have...not come to try and ask for your hand, though I am sure my parents would be thrilled if I did," he joked, trying to keep the conversation light. He did not like that knowing, playful smile on her face. She was waiting for him to misspeak, and he wondered if he had just had. "...I suppose because we did not spend much time speaking when we were in school together, I wanted to make-up for lost time. It is surprising, how it is easier to make friends during a war than it is to make friends when you are cramming for six exams in three days. Surely you must have friends around you who are not suitors, as you are far more sociable than I am."

Gregor - A Toast to the Future Kids

A few moments had passed, and Gregor had decided to finally eat a bit to placate his headache. Some fruit, some tarts, and some fish were good for eating, light but filling. His servant had nagged him into it, but he could not complain. As he took a large sip of his wine glass, however, he saw a face behind the crimson liquid of his glass. Alex had come to sit with him. As he lowered the glass and snapped for his servant to get more, he smirked at the young King. "Well, well, King Alex. It's good to see you. A morning of state-mandated pleasantries is always better with a friendly face, is it not?" He looked over to his servant and snapped twice.

"Two glasses. One for me, one for him. Bring the young man something strong, he's had to deal with improper hecklers. See if Princess Cleo needs anything as well," he murmured, before releasing the confused servant to hurry to his tasks. When the servant had rushed away and had found Cleo, Gregor turned back to Alex. "So. Some of the Imperial nobles have been giving you a hard time, I see." He took out his pipe and lit it, careful to aim it away from the young king's face. "How dreadful. You would think they'd know to respect the people who are their allies. Did their mothers teach them nothing?"
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Antimersia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 04, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Antimersia » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:32 am

Medi Munkii
Goldenseal

Medania, having finished teaching Medi the fixing spell, dissipated into the sea as Medi swam back towards shore. Having met Medania at a young age, he had offered himself to the spirit long ago. Long before he ever knew the significance of the agreement. And now, he affirms it freely, knowing that he cannot offer more than what he already promised he gladly promises to keep up his end of the deal again and again. He doesn't know what Medania wants with his soul. But he naively figured that spending eternity with the spirit that has been so kind to him all his life is a better prospect than most.

Medi's time under his shapeshifting spell begins to come to a close just as he is about to surface back near the docks he left from. It is a change he dreads. Not only because he is going to lose his echolocation, but also the searing pain that comes with such a transformation. Shifting into an animal is rather simple and painless. But changing back, is an arduously painful experience. Bones, muscles, organs, and cartilage being rearragned once again, before they even have a chance to get used to the shape they were magically forced to take not long ago. His whole body alters slowly, shifting in color and shape until after ten minutes filled with pained groaning ends with Medi's body now so stressed and exhausted that he has to just tread water for a moment. The feeling of a day after an intense workout is comparable. But, rather than just in a few select muscles, Medi feels that in every part of his body. From his muscles, to his bones, to his veins.

He rests in the water for several minutes. The noon sun beating straight down upon him. When he can manage it, he slowly swims back to the dock. He struggles a bit, having to rely on the movement of the waves to find his way to the pole of the dock. And the water is peculiarly choppy at this time of day. But once he finds it, he climbs up the pole and sits on the edge of the dock, quickly slipping his clothes back on before someone comments on his nude form. A fact of civilizes society that has always confused Medi. To him, the whole word could be nude and he would never see it. So the concept that seeing someone nude would be offensive is rather foreign to him. Medi once against spends the essense to activate his senses, allowing him to 'see' once more. With his clothes on and his staff tied to his back, he stands up and begins to walk back towards the tavern.

He does not return to the tavern though. Instead he heads down further along the port district. His goal is in focus as he moves on to find the pirate known as Percy Loomer. He spends the rest of the day walking along and entering every tavern he senses to ask about the pirate. But, to no avail. Plenty of people have heard of Percy. But, it seems that no one has seen him recently. As the sun sets and the moon rises, Medi considers moving on to a new city in search of the pirate, or maybe a new bounty to search. But, as he discovers another tavern within the range of his senses, he decides to check this last one before moving on.

This tavern is rather large. The wooden sign above the door has a raised emblem. Medi didnt pay much attention when he was being taught about the nobility of Creation. But he knew well enough the insignia of House Ledaal. He stepped in through the door and marveled at just how much larger it was compared to the taverns he had searched thus far. He can sense the dozens of tables, each with more people sitting and standing at them then they were built to hold. Medi scoures the room for a man that fit Percy's description. Unfortunately, with how full the room is, there are multiple candidates. He decides to ask at the bar. Hoping that the barkeep can point him towards his bounty.

There is a man wiping glasses with a rag on the other side of the bar as Medi approaches. He is one of the tallest and most muscular men in the entire building. An absolute mountain of a man at nearly seven feet in height. And seems like he could put a bull to shame with his weight.

"What can I get you." The barkeep asks with a smooth deep voice. "Just a fair warning, we're all out of rum."

"That's fine, I'm only hear to ask a question anyway." Medi replies, smiling.

"Well ask before a paying customer wants something." He says sternly.

"I'm looking for a man names Percy Loomer." Medi foolishly pulls the bounty poster out of his tunic to show the barkeep. The man grabs Medi's hand by the wrist and forcefully pins in down to the table to hide the poster from open view.

"You have some sort of death wish? Or are you just a dumbfuck?" The barkeep asks in a vicious, hushed tone.

"Neither, I just wanna collect my bounty." Medi replies. The barkeep shakes his head with a hint of disbelief.

"Well, He aint here at the moment. But he has been here the past three nights. Chances are, if you stick around, He'll show his face again." the barkeep explains.

"Great! Open up a tab for me then. I'll have a drink while I wait." Medi says with some excitement in his voice.

"What name should I put on the tab." The barkeep asks as he pulls out a ledger.

"House Munkii of Brightwork." Medi answers feigning pride in the name. The barkeep takes Medi's order and prepares it for him. Medi takes the drink and turns towards the entrance of the tavern. He focuses on it, waiting for anyone who meets Percy's description to walk through.

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:55 pm

Alexandros

“Their mothers must have at least taught them to respect a boot to the chest!” Alex said, snorting as he recalled the nobles face when Argos had discouraged his touching of Cleo. The man had been sent sprawling by the strength of the kick and it had took much out of Alex to not starting laughing as he tried to reclaim his dignity from the floor. “Gods that was a good kick, Argos will never admit it but he enjoys being allowed to put nobles in their place every once and a while,” He says as he takes a deep drink from his cup, it having been delivered by the servant.

Across the room he spotted Cleo eyeing him as she sipped from her own cup and he motioned her over, saying “Tell me, how did you find the bulls forces? Was their prowess a match to the stories told of them?” By then Cleo had arrived and had sat down beside Alex.

“Yes I’m curious, I heard that the enemy possessed some kind of soldier that could shift in and out of the ice and snow. Is this true? Oh I’m Cleodora by the way.” Cleo says, a dazzling smile lighting her face as she tries to cover up her youthful eagerness at the idea of the enemy. She was still fuming over Argos having to protect her, a spot of competition between the two being that Cleo tried to take care of any trouble before the guard had to step in.

Argos in fact had stepped up behind the pair of royals, his massive form immediately present to the people seated near the royal pair. His form made even bigger by the arms and armor he wore that was only proper for the personal guard of not one but two royals.
Lover of doggos

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:46 pm

Revlona wrote:Alexandros

“Their mothers must have at least taught them to respect a boot to the chest!” Alex said, snorting as he recalled the nobles face when Argos had discouraged his touching of Cleo. The man had been sent sprawling by the strength of the kick and it had took much out of Alex to not starting laughing as he tried to reclaim his dignity from the floor. “Gods that was a good kick, Argos will never admit it but he enjoys being allowed to put nobles in their place every once and a while,” He says as he takes a deep drink from his cup, it having been delivered by the servant.

Across the room he spotted Cleo eyeing him as she sipped from her own cup and he motioned her over, saying “Tell me, how did you find the bulls forces? Was their prowess a match to the stories told of them?” By then Cleo had arrived and had sat down beside Alex.

“Yes I’m curious, I heard that the enemy possessed some kind of soldier that could shift in and out of the ice and snow. Is this true? Oh I’m Cleodora by the way.” Cleo says, a dazzling smile lighting her face as she tries to cover up her youthful eagerness at the idea of the enemy. She was still fuming over Argos having to protect her, a spot of competition between the two being that Cleo tried to take care of any trouble before the guard had to step in.

Argos in fact had stepped up behind the pair of royals, his massive form immediately present to the people seated near the royal pair. His form made even bigger by the arms and armor he wore that was only proper for the personal guard of not one but two royals.

Gregor - War Stories

Gregor smirked as Alex recalled Argos's act against one of the Imperial Nobles. Many Dragon-Bloods felt that their fancy clothes and customs gave them access to anyone and anything that moved, and when they were denied, sometimes they acted as if they had a right to whatever had not been given to them. Luckily, Cleo had people around her to make sure she was not at the mercy of possessive and overbearing nobles, but he also figured that she could have hit any of them if she had been given the chance. Unfortunately for her, that would have looked quite improper. "We dance quite a stiff dance most of the time, I must say. It does us quite some good sometimes to...loosen-up and crack a few heads," Gregor agreed, keeping his voice low so as to not attract unwanted attention.

As Cleo walked toward the table, the Mahajan general noted her and smiled. He nodded in her direction, raising a glass as he acknowledged her. He then turned back to Alex, who had asked him about what he had seen outside of Pforz. "It seems that they found us, rather than the other way around. I was following Ledaal, and it seems that Lord Eugeni had the good sense to scope them and to make sure that they were the enemy. Likewise, it seems that their own general also had the sense to discover who we were before fighting, and of course he turned-out to be the enemy. I could not hear what was said from my place on the battlefield, and my Northern tongue is rusty, but...well, what happened next was quite obvious. We fought." He took a sip of his wine, and smiled as Cleo introduced herself. "Cleodora. What a lovely name. Lord Gregor Mahajan of House Mahajan."

He stood and gave her a respectful bow, as per tradition, before he motioned to the chair nearby for her to sit. "Yes, they have...some sort of inhuman forces among them. Men that appear as if they are made of the ice and snow themselves. It gives quite the advantage to Northern weather, no doubt...but not to fire." He created a flicker on his index finger for a moment, before snapping it out with his thumb. "If we had been able to make more of a dent in their armed forces, I would have been satisfied. But drawing a little blood...I'd say perhaps a hundred or so men?...That did sate my bloodthirst for a bit. Pardon me for sounding too much like a vampire, I just...haven't been able to get out much and fight, recently."

His eyes shortly flickered to Eugeni, as if to make sure he had not been eaten yet by Lady Zara, and then he looked back to Alex. "I suppose that since they are headed to Lethlinberg, you have troops at the ready for what looks like a defensive battle against a siege? Unless Zara has other plans, it looks like our job will be holding the fort. Fortunately, we have enough Exalted. Unfortunately, we'll have to use our reserves. They have at least 60,000 troops, which...our armies should all have similar numbers, but it will be a fight to survive and to outlast. What do you think?" he inquired.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Imperialisium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 17, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Imperialisium » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:02 pm

Eugeni and Zara

"I sincerely hope you hadn't come to seek my hand. Would be extremely improper timing," Zara held out her goblet for him, "Red is more your taste," she gave a small smile, "I can tell, trade?" Zara didn't seem to wait for his response as a slender hand gripped the neck of his glass. Taking it from him smoothly while relinquishing her goblet of red wine. She swirled the white wine under her nose. Taking a small sip. She gave a genuine looking smile. Because it was genuine. I can tell I unnerve you Eugeni of House Ledaal. You're out of your depth and for that I silently applaud you.

Zara leaned down and plucked a tart pastry. "That vintage goes well with a blueberry tart I find." Holding out for him to take with a slightly raised right eyebrow. Deliberately, so others could see that she was giving Eugeni some uncharacteristically friendly attentions. No doubt there would be some murmurs and rumours. Somewhere in a corner Zychere winced at the fact it wasn't he being given attentions by Zara.

"Come, eat with me?" She gracefully, with a smile on her sultry lips, swung to Eugeni's side and placed an arm behind his back at the hip. An adept socialite move that avoided spilling any wine by sheer practiced skill. The veteran socialite every Dragon-Blooded Dynast worth their weight in jade should be able to pull off. "Yes, school we seldom talked, unfortunately. But as for friends, few and far in between I'm afraid, most have some nefarious purpose. But you were always studious, quiet, some of the girls in the dormitory had much gossip about you. Though, I'm sure you were made aware?"
Resident Fox lover
If you don't hear from me for a while...I'm inna woods.
NS' Unofficial Adult Actress.

Parcia
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 11, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Parcia » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:18 pm

The Lion and the Viper.

Arthur quickly made after the Young scion as she turned on her heel and left, turning back to only see Yang still seated next to his daughter. He fallowed Zara to the lunch, removing his helmet and stopping at the door to remove his swords, only to remember he was in the company of Southern men and women, the fair face of the sister of "Lion of the South" appearing front and center. Excusing him self past the young thing, he was fortunate to find a seat rather close to Lady Vai and so he did not see fit to move some one as his status as a proper Lord would befit.

At some point during his rather uneventful conversation with some...strange fellow from the south, some saintly women of the North set down a plate of freshly cooked steak and arthur set about in to devouring the slab of meat...only to find the provided steak knife duller then the average intelligence of an ice walker. After frustratingly attempting to cut the steak with said knife, Arthur just about had his preverbal lid flip. In one quick motion the Lord of the Bretoni flicked the damned thing across the room and embedding it in to the worn wooden wall across the room.

In a second quick, even more fluid motion he produced the large, broad bladed war cleaver and much to his satisfaction, sliced the cooked beef in to several smaller chunks as easily as a hot knife through butter. Finding his fork to be equally dull, Arthur resided him self to simply eat the wonderfully seasoned steak with just the Kleinsmesser.

The Father with No Name.

She had slipped in to a rather peaceful slumber as the doctor's treatment took effect and her condition began to rapidly improve. Yang reached in to his satchel bag and removed something he hadn't touched in years. A length of purple silk ribbon. Tzephorra had always liked to keep her hair up and was most fond of the little length of purple silk and even to this day smelt faintly of the perfume she often wore. It was his last keep sake of hers, sans Elehah her self, and yang found it fitting to give her something to remember her mother by.

Taking care to not wake her from her sleep, he tied it around her wrist in a nice, neat little bow.

Leaning back, Yang reached for his flask, only to find it empty. Sheathing it, his hand drifted to his wand. He drew it quietly. Leaning forward he held half his face in his other palm while tapping the barrel against his temple. He reached up with his thumb and cocked the hammer. For a few moments all was silent, save the soft breathing of his only daughter and the light tremble of the cold metal as it rest on his head.

He stopped and looked up, as if to peer at the sky and the gods seated in it. He reached up and leveled the fire wand at the non existent deities that may be looking at him in all his mortal despair. Softly, as to not stir his sleeping child, the spoke. "Not today, you heartless bastards."

Yang holstered the wand and stayed by his daughter's side for the rest of the night.
So apparently Cobalt has named me a Cyber terrorist, I honestly don't know to be Honored or offended.
Right leaning Centrist from Florida No I am not The Floridaman...hes my uncle. Other then that dont @ me about politics, im leaving that
hell hole behind until I leave Uni.
I reserve all rights to my posts, OCs, and contributions to any threads I post on.
I'm a Pagan too, figure that shit out!
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media ... e_Lock.gif storage
Hooyah Navy.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:06 pm

Imperialisium wrote:Eugeni and Zara

"I sincerely hope you hadn't come to seek my hand. Would be extremely improper timing," Zara held out her goblet for him, "Red is more your taste," she gave a small smile, "I can tell, trade?" Zara didn't seem to wait for his response as a slender hand gripped the neck of his glass. Taking it from him smoothly while relinquishing her goblet of red wine. She swirled the white wine under her nose. Taking a small sip. She gave a genuine looking smile. Because it was genuine. I can tell I unnerve you Eugeni of House Ledaal. You're out of your depth and for that I silently applaud you.

Zara leaned down and plucked a tart pastry. "That vintage goes well with a blueberry tart I find." Holding out for him to take with a slightly raised right eyebrow. Deliberately, so others could see that she was giving Eugeni some uncharacteristically friendly attentions. No doubt there would be some murmurs and rumours. Somewhere in a corner Zychere winced at the fact it wasn't he being given attentions by Zara.

"Come, eat with me?" She gracefully, with a smile on her sultry lips, swung to Eugeni's side and placed an arm behind his back at the hip. An adept socialite move that avoided spilling any wine by sheer practiced skill. The veteran socialite every Dragon-Blooded Dynast worth their weight in jade should be able to pull off. "Yes, school we seldom talked, unfortunately. But as for friends, few and far in between I'm afraid, most have some nefarious purpose. But you were always studious, quiet, some of the girls in the dormitory had much gossip about you. Though, I'm sure you were made aware?"

Eugeni - Heartbreaker

Eugeni blushed at the idea of asking for Zara's hand in marriage. His parents would be thrilled to hear that their oldest son was going to be marrying House Vai's heiress, but he shook the idea out of his head. In the time that he took to reorient himself, however, he found that Zara had switched their glasses. She had his glass of white wine, and hers with red. "...Oh!...Well, ah...I suppose...thank you. I'm...fonder of fruitier wines that don't...dry my throat..." He took a sip, and watched her smile. To his surprise, her eyes crinkled at their edges as she gave him a wide smile. Oftentimes she plastered a smile on her face for the sake of company, but she seemed to actually enjoy his presence. She is...smiling at me?...Does she want something from me?...

He sniffed something in front of him as he was lost in his thoughts, and he looked down to see a blueberry tart in Zara's hand. She wanted him to eat, and was directly offering him food as if they were dating. His blush returned to his face, and he gave a soft, polite cough. "...I'm...I'm quite sorry, but...I have not had much of a stomach this morning. I'm sure it's...not healthy to drink without some food, but...I suppose my appetite has vanished since yesterday evening..." he excused himself, but he did consider her offer to come sit with her. After all, he did want to try and socialize at the very least. "However...while I do not have much of a stomach, I would be glad to give you company and to talk. I think my parents would think quite low of me if I did not at least-Ah!"

He felt a hand slip around his waist, and he looked to see that Zara had grabbed him and pulled him close. Eugeni could feel at least a hundred pairs of eyes all stabbing at him, even though he did not look around the room to see who was looking. He felt himself getting a little warm under the collar, but not from arousal. Yet he let her hold him around the waist as they walked to a nearby table to sit and talk. She did not help the tension with her talk of girls making rumors about him in school. He could only imagine the lurid stories they told about him. "...Rumors, you said?...Oh dear...I'm almost afraid to ask, but I suppose my curiosity is too strong. What sorts of rumors did they tell, exactly?"
-Alan Jackson

Imperialisium
Postmaster-General

Democratic Socialists

Postby Imperialisium » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:19 pm

Eugeni and Zara

Zara's eyes shot to the right as she saw Arthur launched an item of cutlery across the hall. Eyebrows raising slightly while others furrowed, mirrored Zara's, or stared for a long minute. Until slowly everyone in the hall returned to their conversations and meals. Zara's returned to Eugeni. The young man was nervous, flustered even, and it showed in not only Eugeni's body language. But also his voice and word choice. Zara placed the pastry down onto a plate and on an elbow. "Well, you could guess, a several found you quite adorable. Attractive, I'd say. I'm surprised you never noticed? Though, if you swing the other way that could be an understandable reason?" She may have him now. Whatever his answer may be would confirm or deny that suspicion to her. Not that she had any real ill intent. But knowledge is power, and Zara was curious to see what she could glean from the young Ledaal scion seated next to her now. What hidden morsels of information could be rattling around in that conscious of his? Only time would tell.

Then, outside, all eyes turned to the windows as bells began to ring. While, the faint blowing of horns echoed through the city. Drifting on the icy breeze of the Northern Winter winds. Coiling notes of deep, challenging, dirge to the defenders of Lethlinberg. For out on the plain, approaching the city, the arrival of enemy forces could be seen. Peasants and foresters outside the city scurried to the gates. Running with whatever they could afford to carry. Though the enemy did not seem to give chase or even hasten their advance to overtake the peasants. To the direct North-East the forces flying pennants and sigils that had faced the Ledaal forces not even two days prior approached. While just South of them the teaming horses and yurts of a nomad horde in the many thousands approached amid harsh horn notes. But that was not all. Approaching in scattered bands to the South, and intermixed with Grugni's Northmen, were the swinging gaits of giants. The swaggering lumber of trolls. The skittering wisps of Iceborne and the shrieking scuttle of domesticated Hollow Ones.
Last edited by Imperialisium on Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resident Fox lover

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:37 am

Imperialisium wrote:Eugeni and Zara

Zara's eyes shot to the right as she saw Arthur launched an item of cutlery across the hall. Eyebrows raising slightly while others furrowed, mirrored Zara's, or stared for a long minute. Until slowly everyone in the hall returned to their conversations and meals. Zara's returned to Eugeni. The young man was nervous, flustered even, and it showed in not only Eugeni's body language. But also his voice and word choice. Zara placed the pastry down onto a plate and on an elbow. "Well, you could guess, a several found you quite adorable. Attractive, I'd say. I'm surprised you never noticed? Though, if you swing the other way that could be an understandable reason?" She may have him now. Whatever his answer may be would confirm or deny that suspicion to her. Not that she had any real ill intent. But knowledge is power, and Zara was curious to see what she could glean from the young Ledaal scion seated next to her now. What hidden morsels of information could be rattling around in that conscious of his? Only time would tell.

Then, outside, all eyes turned to the windows as bells began to ring. While, the faint blowing of horns echoed through the city. Drifting on the icy breeze of the Northern Winter winds. Coiling notes of deep, challenging, dirge to the defenders of Lethlinberg. For out on the plain, approaching the city, the arrival of enemy forces could be seen. Peasants and foresters outside the city scurried to the gates. Running with whatever they could afford to carry. Though the enemy did not seem to give chase or even hasten their advance to overtake the peasants. To the direct North-East the forces flying pennants and sigils that had faced the Ledaal forces not even two days prior approached. While just South of them the teaming horses and yurts of a nomad horde in the many thousands approached amid harsh horn notes. But that was not all. Approaching in scattered bands to the South, and intermixed with Grugni's Northmen, were the swinging gaits of giants. The swaggering lumber of trolls. The skittering wisps of Iceborne and the shrieking scuttle of domesticated Hollow Ones.

Eugeni - Popular

The dinner party was slow and rhythmic, with the rich and pretty generals and guests all talking and chattering about small things. Sure, the war might slip into conversation, but the war only caused stress, and gossip strangely enough added to morale. Gossip gave a sense of normalcy, of home, to nobles who spent much of their time entertaining it at home. At least, most nobles felt this way toward idle talk.

Eugeni, like Zara, jumped a bit at the sight of Arthur throwing cutlery across the room. He had not even realized that Sir Breton had entered the room, or he would have gone to sit with him. Yet he had to try and talk to Zara. Sure, he was forcing himself into an uncomfortable situation, one which grew tighter and tighter around him like a hungry cobra. Yet he had decided that he would try not to be afraid of snakes. Even so, he was surprised to hear that girls thought he was “adorable”, as Lady Vai had suggested. His skin turned beet-red from his natural modesty, which he in his naivety could not hide.

Yet the way she curved her words turned this innocent little rumor into yet another potential spike. “Swing the other way.” Most would not bat an eye at such a suggestion, but considering that Eugeni also was skinny, wore a little makeup for formal events, and did not show interest in most weapons or battles, his effete nature was most certainly a crime that he had to commit discreetly when possible. Yet the suggestion of revealing his sexuality, even when men and women regularly took spouses and ran to have affairs, or even when his beloved cousin Shi knew every man in the army by the shape of their body, was still dangerous.

More damning, he could only imagine the reaction of other nobles if they knew that he was potentially dodging finding a spouse. Nobody cared what one did in bed, as long as they had left children at home with a husband or wife beforehand. How bitter was the taste, when he chewed on this particular fruit, and realized that others found both gentleness and faithfulness to be mortal sins. As long as the children grew to be Exalted, nobody cared if they were broken or lacking in social skills. Nobody cared if they went to war and couldn’t sleep because of horrific nightmares. And Zara certainly knew this as well as himself. No wonder he had tried for so long to hide from society.

Perhaps the worst part was that the noble smiling properly at him would offer little to no sympathy to his position. She knew her duty, and she fulfilled it happily. Even further, she had been so successful that she had decided to play the game as well. They intersected, and as long as one knew the rules they could find the loopholes. Playing fair was for losers and the weak. He could confide in her, and find momentary comfort before she dug the knife in his back. Even if he did not know her well, he could only truly trust a handful of people. Gregor, maybe Sir Breton who seemed like an honest sort. Even his parents would scold him if he tried to explain his plight. So he played Zara’s game instead, and turned his words as he sketched them in his head. In the meantime, he took a sip of wine to prep himself.

“I suppose I’m rather picky about which girl I would want. Which I suppose is silly to some. But I also did not pay as much attention to the girls in school. Being buried behind books, once again, prevented me from giving their giggles and whispers the attention they deserved. I’ve...tried to practice being a little more forward. Maybe once I go home, I’ll be able to find a nice girl. I’ve heard that most young girls like a young man in uniform. At least, that’s what my mother once told me,” he explained. Eugeni felt a little relief when he finally got his answer. He sounded flawless, like the blasé Noble his parents wanted him to be. He felt foreign hearing himself use such a smooth tone.

Unfortunately the moment of triumph was broken for a moment by the sound of bells and horns in the distance. None of the other nobles seemed to stir too much, though Zara carelessly turned her head to the direction of the sound. She did not seem so bothered herself, however, and as the sound fell and died, she drank her wine. Eugeni had the obscene though for a moment, what did his mouth taste like to someone else. He shuddered and shook the thought away like raindrops on a drenched coat. “...Ah! So sorry,” he interrupted a passing servant and smiled graciously. He had bright eyes and an attentive gaze. Yet he would not be able to answer the question that had first passed his mind, so Eugeni settled for another. “More of this particular wine, please? It does lift my spirits a little.”

He hoped to some degree that Gregor was not looking in his direction, but he dared not look back to check, lest Zara had more inquiries. He had landed his first mark, a mark that actually gave him a little pride, and he wanted to bathe in this minuscule victory for a few seconds until she once again spoke.
-Alan Jackson

Antimersia
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Antimersia » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:50 pm

Medi Munkii
Goldenseal

The wait was long. Although Medi always knows how to find ways to entertain himself. In large crowds like this, he usually likes to make something of a scene. He would never call it that, though. He would simply say that he is being sociable. But when a tavern ends the night with no more glasses to serve with, because Medi convinced the drunken patrons to throw their glasses at the wall to watch them shatter, one would struggle to call it anything else but making a scene. At the moment though, he is trying to maintain some more focus than usual. Option to find enjoyment in sensing the actions of the people around him rather than interacting with them himself. He is on something of a mission, after all. But the people watching still makes him laugh here and there. Like when an old man ended up with four drinks poured over his head because he tried to chat up a table of young ladies. Or when an armor clad man fell down the stairs while following a courtesan up to a room. The night was quiet by Medi's standards. But, by no means boring.

It had been nearly three hours of waiting. And Medi was all but ready to call it a night and try again the next day. But, then in stepped a figure that peaked Medi's attention instantly. The way he moved, the long sleek cutlass attached to his belt, They way his body shape matched that of Percy's description perfectly. He knew, as well as a blind man could know, that this was his bounty. Medi hopped up from the counter and walked towards the man who just entered. Tow other men flank this person on each side as Medi approaches. He stops a few feet away, his cloudy grey eyes staring right at the figure that he senses. He puts a wide, confident smile on his face. A chuckle leaves his lips before he speaks.

"Would you happen to be Percy Loomer?" Medi asks, lacking anything even resembling subtlety.

"Who the fuck wants to know?" The man replied. His voice deep and rough. The years of salt in the air making his throat coarse. Further evidence to Medi that this is his bounty.

"My name is Medi!" Medi replies enthusiastically.

"Well Medi. Piss off. I got no time for you or whatever yer selling." He replied.

"Selling?" Medi asked confused. "I'm not a merchant."

"What you are is pissing me right the fuck off." The man draws his cutlass and points the tip of the blade at Medi. "Now walk away before I end you."

Medi looked towards the tip of the blade. There isn't even a hint of fear on his face. Only his smile. He reaches into his tunic and pulls out the wanted poster, slide it onto the man's blade so it cuts through the picture of Percy's face. "I'm looking for Percy Loomer. I believe you are him. So I can't fuck off. I have to take you in." The entire tavern had grown deathly quiet. The staff and patrons gawking at the situation before them. Each of them wondering how the man would react. The pregnant pause lasts only seconds, but it feels like minutes. And it is broken by the man as he pulls his cutlass closer to him. He brings his free hand up to the blade and performs over a dozen hand gestures beside the blade, whispering an incantation as he does. When he finishes, Medi can hear a powerful crackle as the wanted poster on the cutlass bursts into flames. The crackles continue. Medi cannot see it, but the sound is unmistakable. The cutlass is not electrified. The man raises his hand and blade up and begins to roar a battle cry while bringing it back down directly at Medi's head. Sensing this, it confirms Medi's suspicion that this is indeed Percy Loomer. His smile grows wider as he Leaps backwards to dodge the attack from Percy. The blade coming within an inch of his nose. The lightening bound to the blade snapping at his skin and making it twitch and tingle. Medi pulls his bo staff from his back as he slides back. He grips it with both hands and starts to spin it between them, whirling up a gust of wind at the tip. The other two men with Percy pull out blade of their own and advance on Medi. As the first one starts to get close, Medi jabs forward with his staff. The gust of wind he had built up is released in one burst that sends the pirate flailing back like a ragdoll. Slamming into the wall of the tavern. His head is visibly cracked from the impact as blood begins to pool around him. The second man charges much like the first. Medi reacts quickly Swiping his staff at the side of his blade to parry him as his spins around. He then uses the momentum of his spin to one again build up a gust of wind at the tip of his staff. He swings his staff back at the pirate like a club. The combination of the wind as well as the strike send him flying violently quickly through one of the taverns windows. He spins his staff again to reset his stance as he turns back towards Percy. His smile never faltering.

Percy doesn't wait even a second, charging at Medi full force and swinging his blade at him with the ferocity and skill of a well seasoned pirate. Medi does his best to black his slashes with his staff. But each time he blocks the staff gets a little more burnt. the cutlass itself starting to grow red hot from being electrified for so long. Medi can keep up with Percy's slashes, blocking them or dodging them deftly. Although Percy still manages to get several strikes in. Taking opportunities to punch Medi whenever he is focused on blocking Percy's blade. The fight lasts for several minutes, and Medi and his staff are starting to wear down. Percy swings his blade down towards Medi's head and he raises his staff to block it. But Percy feints. Pulling his blade back and instead throwing a powerful jab into Medi's solar plexus. Medi drops to his knees, his smile fading for the first time in the entire fight as he struggles to keep himself from vomiting. Percy doesn't squander the opportunity. He goes for the kill swinging his blade down at Medi once again. Medi, in an act of desperation uses almost all of the power he has left on an escape. He conjures a burst of wind with both hands, slamming it into the ground to repel and eject him up and backwards. Sending him flying out through the shattered window he sent the pirate through earlier. With a swing of his staff, and the last of his essence used, he releases another burst of wind to balance himself and land safely. He Breathes in deeply, strapping his staff back onto his back, and start moving, heading north and in the opposite direction of the city. He starts out, briskly jogging away. But she he hears Percy burst out of the tavern, screaming and running after him, that brisk jog quickly turns into a full blown sprint.

Imperialisium
Postmaster-General

Democratic Socialists

Postby Imperialisium » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:35 pm

Zara Azairya Vai

Zara's smile deepened as she turned back to see Eugeni turning red in the face. She tilted her face away quickly, but still held him out of the corner of her eye, as she awaited his inevitable response. Indeed it came and was just as political of a response as one could be expected from a scion of major House. "Picky, you don't say, well perhaps that is wise. Fatal are those who fly like moths to the tumultuous flame of romance." Eyeing Eugeni, Zara could see his pain, for it emanated from him. She knew it well, a singular type of pain born from battle and war; feeling it course through her body on many a night, manifested, as night terrors of foes reimagined. Besieging once innocent dreams long dead and buried like so many men on a name beach. Men that would never grow old like so many on the Isle. She covered her wine glass with her palm as a servant made to pour her more wine as well. "No thank you."

She stood slowly and said, "I thank you for sitting with me. But I must oversee the defense now that the enemy has announced their challenge. Eat well and hearty. Food may become a luxury in the coming days." Eugeni could see the open sympathy in her voice. She could see through his veil and his answers. A bond they shared in blood and death. Turning away on her heel Zara moved from the hall, her white armoured bodyguards falling in behind her.
Resident Fox lover

Antimersia
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Antimersia » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:17 pm

Medi Munkii
Forest outside of Goldenseal

The chase drags on for far too long. Medi is drained and his feet are starting to bleed from sprinting on the stony roads for several hours. Every time Medi can stop and take a break, Percy catches up only moments later with a couple members of his crew in tow. The sun is starting to crest over the horizon, and Medi's is no longer running coherently. Exhaustion has impaired him, and running into things do to his full blindness has taken its toll. He continues to follow the road, staggering yet still pushing on, hoping to reach a point where Percy will no longer follow. He recognizes how much more her bit off than he could chew. And he desperately wishes that Medania were here with him now. Having run away in the opposite direction of the water, Medi is on his own. And is in no shape to fight, what so ever.

Meanwhile, further down the road, a feminine figure is walking towards Goldenseal. Her body is smokey white. And her face has very cute and clean, rounded features. Orb like even. Her hair bellows in the breeze. Letting off a trail of visible wind behind her. Similar wisps of vapor bellow off of her hands and thighs, creating a refraction of the light around her. The wide, hopeful smile she carries on her face is illuminated by the lantern that she has attached to her back pack. Her clothes cling tightly to her ghostly water vapor form, made of thick canvass. She strides on towards Golden seal, excited to do what she is destined to.

But, plans often change. And when This young lady came across the unconscious Medi, laying face down in the road, She stopped everything and ran up to him to help. She had a look of uncertain terror as she knelt down to try and help him. She pulled her pack off and pulled out a flask with water in it. She gently rolled Medi over onto his back and carefully poured some of the water into his mouth, tilting his head back to help him swallow it.

"Are you alive? Please be alive. I don't like when humans die. It's always so sad! Come on drink human, drink!" She says with tearful panic still pouring bits and bits of water into Medi's mouth.

"Get the bloody fuck away from him!" Yells a coarse voice from down the road. Percy has finally caught up once again. He and the pirates with him show clear signs of exhaustion as well. But being able to see and having proper footwear seem to have make the world of difference as they can still stand with no issue.

"Wha-? Do you know him? Are you his friends? I'm just trying to help him. I found him passed out like this!" The lady replies, tears still filling her eyes as she is unsure of what to do.

"Friends? Ha Ha HA Ha! Fuck no, he ain't our friend. We're here to kill the bastard!" Percy replied drawing his sword.

"Kill him! No! You can't do that! He is in trouble. He needs friends or he might not make it! If you aren't his friend just leave him alone!" The lady scream passionately. her voice carrying a melodic tone even when cracking from intense emotion.

"Get out of our way spirit. I've got no issue with your kind. I'm just here for the man." Percy said taking a step closer to Medi. The spirit jumps up to her feet and puts her hands out, palms facing Percy to signal him to stop.

"Don't come closer, I won't let you hurt him!" She says, tears falling from her face and darkening the road below.

"I told you to move!" Percy says with contempt as he brings his sword up, the blade once again crackling with lightening. He begins to bring it down, Swinging at the spirit with all his might. She crosses her arms to cover her face and braces for the impact. But, it never comes. A clash is heard and the crackle from the blade can be heard just a foot or so away from her. The spirit moves her arms to see what has happened, Only to see the barely conscious Medi holding back Percy's attack with his staff. Exerting the last bits of energy he has left to defend the spirit. Percy pushes forward, making his blade slice through Medi's bo staff and make a small slice through his chest. Medi falls back into the spirits arms, his tunic turning red from the blood. She cries louder than before, letting him down slowly. The tears grow more and more in volume as the spirit looks straight up in distress. Until suddenly the rivers of tears begin to evaporate and turn into fonts of steam ejecting from her eyes. She looks forward once again, staring down Percy with her bright red fiery eyes. She stands up and screams like a banshee, thrusting her hands out forward towards the pirates.

It happens in less than a moment. The spirit conjures a small twister of gale force winds. The powerful wind rips the men up from the ground and sends them flying upwards against their will. They raise up and up and up until they are well beyond the spirits vision. The rising sun and the distance making the invisible to her. She turns to Medi and begins to pull out bandages and healing herbs from her pack, trying desperately to do everything in her power to make him better. As she works, one after another bodies fall back onto the ground. The sounds of bones shattering and flesh exploding from the impact resonate. Yet do not even phase her as her focus is squarely on helping Medi heal.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:57 pm

Imperialisium wrote:Zara Azairya Vai

Zara's smile deepened as she turned back to see Eugeni turning red in the face. She tilted her face away quickly, but still held him out of the corner of her eye, as she awaited his inevitable response. Indeed it came and was just as political of a response as one could be expected from a scion of major House. "Picky, you don't say, well perhaps that is wise. Fatal are those who fly like moths to the tumultuous flame of romance." Eyeing Eugeni, Zara could see his pain, for it emanated from him. She knew it well, a singular type of pain born from battle and war; feeling it course through her body on many a night, manifested, as night terrors of foes reimagined. Besieging once innocent dreams long dead and buried like so many men on a name beach. Men that would never grow old like so many on the Isle. She covered her wine glass with her palm as a servant made to pour her more wine as well. "No thank you."

She stood slowly and said, "I thank you for sitting with me. But I must oversee the defense now that the enemy has announced their challenge. Eat well and hearty. Food may become a luxury in the coming days." Eugeni could see the open sympathy in her voice. She could see through his veil and his answers. A bond they shared in blood and death. Turning away on her heel Zara moved from the hall, her white armoured bodyguards falling in behind her.

Eugeni and Gregor - All Along the Watchtower

Zara apparently took his answer, as her expression showed no change. Eugeni showed some relief, and his face relaxed, as she spoke to him. Something sharp lie at the end of her tongue when she said, 'Picky', but at the same time he paid it little mind. His small social victory was confirmed, and he nodded at her advice. "Indeed...we must be careful and considerate of our partners. We bring their families into ours, after all, and as Exalted we must represent the best," he agreed. When he finished saying such words, however, he cringed internally. "Oh goodness, I sound quite abhorrent, don't I?"

Yet the sharpness of the moment seemed to fade, as the two Nobles looked at each other and seemed to come, for the first time, to a silent agreement. Both of them had seen untold misery, both of them were in the midst of a horrendous battle that had only just begun, and one was about to march out of the comfort of the dining room and into the field of battle. Even if Eugeni was wary of Lady Zara, and respected her power, she was still younger than him, barely an adult and yet holding the world on her back. He had tried to avoid such a fate, seeing how it had twisted her posture and her words to become cold and stone. Yet now he was in the hands of fate, and only he could determine now what he would become when the war was done. "...May the Dragons bring you protection, and may our firmaments have the Empress's protection." In a show of respect, he took her hand and gave it a small peck. He then let her go, and turned his back to her as she left.

Gregor seemed relieved himself, as Zara left and the young Ledaal heir walked back toward the tables. He took a seat not too far away from Gregor and Alex, though a couple of seats apart from his old teacher. He seemed exhausted for a moment, and even asked shakily for a cup of wine. The Mahajan heir eyed him for a few seconds quietly, and then turned back toward the young king and his sister. "It seems that our enemies have made their way to the exterior of Lethlinberg. But we should be fine. Forcing them to waste their forces on a well-guarded fortress is our best move, though we should hope that our generals do not expend themselves too much in such a fight. After all, the Bull may or may not have more than 100,000 troops at his disposal. I would hope you brought enough forces in case of an imminent all-out brawl," he muttered to Alex, as he once again lit his pipe and leaned back in his chair.
-Alan Jackson

Imperialisium
Postmaster-General

Democratic Socialists

Postby Imperialisium » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:31 pm

The Siege of Lethlinburg

The city was bustling with activity. Its roads and streets chalk full of people scurrying like ants. Too and from. Units of Imperial troops moved down streets in ordered formations. Trotting to their stations. Archers readied at their posts in neat rows. Crossbowmen checked their winches and crew of the city's few siege engines checked their ranges. Lethlinburg had formidable walls but lacked much in terms of mounted siege equipment. The Household forces, namely Vai, Cathak, and Mnemon had carefully constructed or assembled siege engines from their own baggage trains to compensate. But most were light or medium pieces like ballistae, catapults, and a pair of small trebuchets.

Zara strode to the Eastern Gatehouse. Ascending the stairs as soldiers parted and bowed their heads in respect. Moving to the to of the right gatehouse tower and looked out onto the plain. There she saw, the enemy forces in their multitudes, arrayed before her in encircling lines. Already in some places warriors were digging shallow trenches. The beginning of siege lines. While in the distance she saw siege engines being built from several baggage trains. Already she could identify pieces of trebuchets and mangonels. While the wheels of siege towers were being rolled out into the snow. Zara inwardly doubted the effectiveness of siege towers with the snow. The enemy would have to largely clear a way for the snow to be less than the rims of the wheels. Otherwise they'd exhaust entire companies pushing such vehicles to the walls. But what most concerned her was the war beasts and creatures. The trolls, the giants, the insectoid monstrosities. The damage they could do if they got into melee with her own forces. The walls would need to be held as long as possible.

A horn sounded in the distance and Zara held out her palm. A Warden put a spyglass into her palm and she swung it around. Bringing the clear lens to her left eye. Peering into the delicately cut glass which zoomed in the imagery before her. There she saw another force. At least ten thousand strong, north men, enemy banners. The Bull would throw his vanguard armies against Lethlinburg to break the Imperials before their own campaign of retribution could get under way. But if his forces failed, they would have to retreat across the land to Castle Breton, and at least the polities South of that formidable fortress would be at the moment, secure.

Zara lowered the spyglass and handed it back as she clasped her hands behind her back. The enemy would begin their preemptory bombardment tonight.
Resident Fox lover

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:39 pm

Imperialisium wrote:The Siege of Lethlinburg

The city was bustling with activity. Its roads and streets chalk full of people scurrying like ants. Too and from. Units of Imperial troops moved down streets in ordered formations. Trotting to their stations. Archers readied at their posts in neat rows. Crossbowmen checked their winches and crew of the city's few siege engines checked their ranges. Lethlinburg had formidable walls but lacked much in terms of mounted siege equipment. The Household forces, namely Vai, Cathak, and Mnemon had carefully constructed or assembled siege engines from their own baggage trains to compensate. But most were light or medium pieces like ballistae, catapults, and a pair of small trebuchets.

Zara strode to the Eastern Gatehouse. Ascending the stairs as soldiers parted and bowed their heads in respect. Moving to the to of the right gatehouse tower and looked out onto the plain. There she saw, the enemy forces in their multitudes, arrayed before her in encircling lines. Already in some places warriors were digging shallow trenches. The beginning of siege lines. While in the distance she saw siege engines being built from several baggage trains. Already she could identify pieces of trebuchets and mangonels. While the wheels of siege towers were being rolled out into the snow. Zara inwardly doubted the effectiveness of siege towers with the snow. The enemy would have to largely clear a way for the snow to be less than the rims of the wheels. Otherwise they'd exhaust entire companies pushing such vehicles to the walls. But what most concerned her was the war beasts and creatures. The trolls, the giants, the insectoid monstrosities. The damage they could do if they got into melee with her own forces. The walls would need to be held as long as possible.

A horn sounded in the distance and Zara held out her palm. A Warden put a spyglass into her palm and she swung it around. Bringing the clear lens to her left eye. Peering into the delicately cut glass which zoomed in the imagery before her. There she saw another force. At least ten thousand strong, north men, enemy banners. The Bull would throw his vanguard armies against Lethlinburg to break the Imperials before their own campaign of retribution could get under way. But if his forces failed, they would have to retreat across the land to Castle Breton, and at least the polities South of that formidable fortress would be at the moment, secure.

Zara lowered the spyglass and handed it back as she clasped her hands behind her back. The enemy would begin their preemptory bombardment tonight.

Eugeni and Shan Yui - Indestructible

Zara's departure from the party signaled to everyone that the Bull's invasion, or part of it, had begun. Lethlinburg's fortifications were on high-alert. Horns sounded in the cold, wintry distance, the howl of the beast of war at the door. Shan Yui listened as he took a sip of his wine, and he savored that sip. He had come to the party in armor, and he would leave in his armor. The taste of fruit and dread sat on his tongue as he swallowed, and he turned his eyes around the room. Eugeni was sitting at a table, and he quickly strode to his leader's side. "...Lord Eugeni, a quick word with you?" he muttered, as he leaned down to speak to him.

Eugeni turned in his chair to look up at his general, and he nodded as he saw the urgency in his face. He knew what was coming-Shan was going out to the frontlines, and this time without him. Eugeni gave Gregor and Alex an apologetic look, before he stood and followed the older man to the hallway. They left discreetly, or as discreetly as they could, slipping through the crowds which seemed more focused on Princess Cleo and her shenanigans. At least they were a proper distraction. After the Ledaal scion had spent so much time talking to Lady Zara, Eugeni was glad to potentially take some of those watching eyes off his back, though he worried what scene he would find when he returned.

In the darkness of the mostly-empty hallway, General Shan sighed and stared at his Lord. "...Your medicine helped my wounds greatly...I awakened this morning and felt no pain...but it appears I shall have more wounds, when I come back from the battlefield..." he muttered, touching his chest in the spot which had been gashed the previous evening.

"...Whatever wounds you receive, I shall gladly heal myself..." Eugeni responded, his voice a firm whisper.

General Shan blinked and swallowed hard, and he gazed at his lord for a few tense moments. Eugeni seemed to sense that something was amiss in his eyes, but he was not sure how to question him. The general, in the meantime, hid his fidgeting hands by tying his hair up in a ponytail to fit inside his helmet. "...You will need that medicine for many more soldiers as well...Do not focus only on me...After all, they need you as much as I do...if...not more so..."

Trying to decipher the general's words was a difficult task, and so Eugeni squeezed his shoulders and gazed up at his eyes, hoping that this gesture would communicate his faith in Shan Yui. "...I will see you this evening?...If...the battle is over by then..."

"Indeed. If it is not...then I shall return when I can...And I will be grateful to see your kind face again, Lord Eugeni..." Shan gave a wistful smile, and he let Eugeni's hands rest on his shoulders for a few more moments. They were warm, and squeezed the fear out of his heart. Yet he could not delay, and he could not remain in this pleasant quiet for too long. He took a step back, and put on his helmet. He then bowed, and gave one more smile. "...May the Wind Dragon bless us, and may the Scarlet Empress reign eternal," he whispered. He then turned his back, and marched out into the cold, away from the gentle face of his lord and toward the door, toward the brutal faces of the enemies waiting outside for him.

Eugeni watched him leave, wanting to fill the silence with some other words of encouragement, yet he felt in his heart that his duty was to stand here and to watch him leave. He would bare witness to his general's bravery, as Shan had done for him. Yet when his shadow slipped through the doorway and that same door closed behind him, the scion felt a slow darkness creeping around his heart. He hoped, and said a wordless prayer to the Wind Dragon, and yet he feared for this courageous leader who went to fight in his stead. I should go with him, I should...but...if I do...I will be a burden...Lady Zara will protect him...He is in good hands... he assured himself. He then turned his own back, and walked back into the hall.

Gregor saw the sad, anxious look on the Ledaal noble's face, and he ordered his servant to get more wine. As soon as Eugeni had sat beside him, the same servant had returned with a glass of red wine. "...Have a drink to ease your nerves. This is just the process of war. Some go out, some come back. We can only hope for some of those same people who went out to come back, but not all. You will need your strength for when you go into battle yourself," he murmured. As he watched Eugeni take a sip, hiding the shaking in his fingers, he smiled to Alex and Cleo. "Princess Cleo, here is an eligible bachelor who won't harass you with a bunch of those other brutes! Lord Eugeni, have you introduced yourself?..."

"...Please, Lord Gregor...you're being a little loud..." Eugeni put down his glass, and gave a polite nod to King Alex and his sister. "...I...I do believe we have met...but we have...not sat to talk like this...ah...It is a pleasure to meet you, Princess Cleo...I am Lord Eugeni of House Ledaal. I have met your brother, who seems to be a good and kindly king..." he answered with his usual soft, genteel tone.
Last edited by Luminesa on Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Antimersia
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Antimersia » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:18 am

Medi Munkii
??????

Medi's eyes open slowly. His vision is blurred and his mind is foggy. There is a pulsating pain in his chest. And his mouth is dry and feels like it is filled with cotton. When his eyes focus he tries to sit up. But the pain is too much. He groans, laying back down on the surprisingly comfortable bed beneath him. He looks around and finds himself in what appears to be a room at an inn. There is a large pile of bloodied bandages piled up on the nightstand. And his clothes are folded neatly on a chair in the corner. His bisected bo staff laying on top of them. He places his hand on his chest where the pain is coming from. He winces as him touching the area increases the pain. He feels the bloodied and wet bandages wrapped around him. The blood follows a path, and just like that he remembers that he was being chased by Percy. He can't recall much beyond that. Just then, the door to the in opens, and the smokey spirit walks in carrying a hand full of new clean bandages and healing herbs. Medi looks at her in awe. The spirit, emanating a powerfully friendly aura. And with a face as cute as any Medi had ever seen. He tries to speak, but his dried throat chokes his words. But, the attempt doesn't go unnoticed.

"You're awake!" The spirit says ecstatically. She rushes over to the bedside, grabbing Medi's hand and holding it tightly. Tears begin to well up in her eyes. "I'm so happy! I thought you were a goner! I spent six days and every gold piece I had to keep you bandaged up so you could heal. I'm so happy you're finally awake." Medi tries to speak, asking for water. But the words barely form. Beyond the number of syllables, it is nearly impossible to discern what he is trying to say. "I'm sorry, I can't understand you." she says looking at him, perplexed. Medi points weakly, towards a nearby pitcher in hopes that the spirit would understand. She looks over and sees what he is pointing at. She jumps up and runs to the pitcher to see that there is just a little left over water from when she filled it to clean his wound. She brings it over and puts the tip of the pitcher to his lips, slowly pouring the remaining water down his throat. The water hitting his throat springs the cells to life in a painfully soothing process. It is just enough to get him to a point where he can speak. Even if it is in a horribly raspy tone.

"Thank....you...." Medi says weakly. His throat still burns, needing more water and time to heal. But he can speak at least.

"Oh my goodness you are so welcome!" She says with frantic joy. Her tears of joy welling up even more now. "I'm Azrellia. What should I call you?"

"M-Medi" He replies.

"Well Medi, I'm here to make you all better. Because that's what friends are for!" She says, as if she were preaching the good word of friendship to him. She takes a close look at Medi's bandages. "I'll need to change these again soon. And it is gonna hurt. I'll go grab you some more water. Rest up while I'm gone. You need it." Medi simply nods in confirmation. Azrellia gently pats his shoulder before standing up and walking out of the room with the pitcher and her canteen. When the door closes, Medi closes his eyes and drifts to sleep again, feeling oddly safe and secure.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:05 pm

Gregor - Keep A Fire Lit

The bells and the horns ringing outside, piercing the bone-cold air, brought Mahajan's generals to their feet and into a frenzy. Much like their heads of the house and their leading scion, they swam after pride, chased it through the bone-cold air, dug through the molten earth and broke through the boundaries of the atmosphere to chase the prize of pride. The siren's voice bellowed for strong, willing men, and Gregor's generals hurried to let themselves be seen and known by the enemies. One of the generals did rush to find Gregor, before they headed onto the battlefield.

"Lord Gregor!" A tall, burly man in burning scarlet armor clanged through the dining hall, holding far less of the subtlety and grace of Eugeni's leading general. Yet his urgency forgave his apparent clumsiness, and he stood at attention like a perfect soldier, once he reached his lord and bowed to the waist.

"...Daana, why are you here?"

"I am letting you know that we are arranging the fortifications of House Mahaja-"

"Why are you telling me this? Go out there with the men, get to work. And...ahem..." Gregor re-lit his pipe, making sure that his leading general could see the little flame. "...Keep a fire lit. At all times." He took a deep puff of his pipe, before letting the smoke escape his lungs. His general took this signal to heart, and he was gone as soon as he had finished talking.

The battlefield outside was freezing, but General Daana kept the message Lord Gregor had passed to him. Keep a fire lit. He passed the message to the other officers of Gregor's forces, as they stood at the fortifications and awaited the Bull's onslaught. In the meantime, lanterns and torches lit, all along the watchtower.

"...Right, men. Let's give the Bull and his cronies a warm welcome," Daana murmured, reflecting Gregor's own madness deep in his scorched-earth-brown eyes.

Shan Yui - Citizen Soldier

House Ledaal's fortifications were a little less animated, as they heard the hoots and hollers of House Mahajan relishing in the coming of battle from across the air. General Shan Yui stood at attention among his men, his own eyes steeled to glare down the Bull's men. His gloves were warm, but the hands within them were still freezing. His shoulders felt bare, even if they were covered by a majestic cloak of bright, rich turquoise. Lord Eugeni's color. He adjusted his cloak, and held the sword at his hip.

"...General Shan! Our arrangements are prepared! Archers are lined and ready, we have several Exalted ready alongside us as well." An officer hurried to see the older general as he stared out toward the sea of enemies. "...Do you have any other requests at this time?"

Shan Yui did not turn to face him. His eyes were clear, but for a moment they did not see. His long ponytail floated over his shoulders and into the wind, making the tall, stately general appear as if he was the standard raised above the army. Yet a morose air fell around him, much like the snowflakes that dabbled his cloak. He wished for a split second that warm hands would squeeze them out, reminding him that he would be fine and he would return to his quarters this evening.

"...General Shan?"

"Hm?" Shan Yui came to his senses and stared at the officer. "...Ah, yes. Right. Make sure the Exalted are protected. This is a large force we face ahead. Do not allow them at the front of the fortifications. Keep watch, we'll see how many we'll need to drown." His words were chilling as they fell, and the officer was shocked to hear his usually calm general becoming passionate over this coming battle. He usually kept to himself and trekked through the bodies, holding his breath and keeping to himself, unless he was giving orders. Hearing Shan Yui say that he wanted the Bull's men to drown and freeze, given the nature of Water Essence, he shuddered but nodded, and scuttled away before he could repeat his order. When he vanished, Shan put a hand on his own shoulder. This should be over in a few hours...We'll bury them in the snow, where they belong...
Last edited by Luminesa on Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Alan Jackson

Antimersia
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Antimersia » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:34 pm

Medi Munkii
Goldenseal Inn

Medi and Azrellia spent quite a bit of the next day washing his wounds and changing his bandages. He was so focused on recovery, that for a while he failed to notice the oddity before him. He had not used any of his exalted abilities since he woke up in this inn. And yet, he can see. He can't see the whole room, his sight only resonates through Azrellia. He can see her, clear as day. He cannot even begin to think of an explanation why. But he has never even seen Madania as clearly as he can perceive Azrellia right now.

"You are healing nicely. We might be able to get you out of the room today if you feel up for it!" Azrellia says as she sits at Medi's bedside. "What do ya say?"

"Of course! No use in sitting around if I don't have too. Plus I've been wanting to get out of Goldenseal for a while now. I just don't have the money for it." Medi replies, half excited and half sullen as he remembers that he lost out on his bounty.

"Oh money won't be a concern. I took the corpse of that bad man that hurt you to the city guards and they gave me a bunch of money for him. Take a look!" She replies as she rummages through her satchel, pulling out ten kopecks to show Medi. Medi's face grows confused as he is unable to perceive anything that is in Azrellia's hands, despite being able to see her hands perfectly.

"I should have mentioned earlier. I'm blind!" Medi says with a chuckle.

"My goodness I'm so sorry I had no idea! You don't seem blind at all!" Azrellia replied embarrassed. The wispy smoke that makes up her body turns a reddish orange shade as she blushes.

"It's okay! Just tell me how much you have instead of showing me." Medi says slowly sitting up and trying to climp to his feet from the bed.

"Ten whole Kopecks! We could buy passage anywhere for that much!" Azrellia replies. Medi didn't have the heart to tell her that Percy was worth twenty kopecks. But considering she brought him in dead and not alive, he figured that it was nice that she got anything at all.

"Wow! That's so much! But, you would want to go with me? We just met." Medi says, not wanting to assume anything, or impose on Azrellia's good will.

"Of course! Traveling with you will help me with my quest! Besides, you're the first friend I've made in such a long time. I wouldn't abandon you for anything." Azrellia answers excitedly. Medi is shocked to hear that someone so sweet could be struggling for friendship.

"What is your quest? I just like exploring. I want to experience as much of the world as I can before I die. So if I can help you do your quest in the process, then it would be the least I could do to offer my help." Medi said. He felt so obligated to help her. Even if he tried to give his life to save hers, the fact that Azrellia saved him and killed Percy to collect the bounty, felt like she did so much more for him in return.

"I'm a spirit, the spirit of friendship. My quest is to make as many friends as possible in this world. Friendship and kinship are the only things that keep Creation from constant war. And considering the wars going on in Creation at this very moment, friendship is needed now more than ever." she answers. Medi can't help but be inspired by her optimism. He stands up, overpowering the weakness in his knees in the process.

"In that case, let's be friends and travel together!" Medi says with naive optimism. He puts forth a thumbs up as he stands up straight, fighting the pain and weakness of his wound as he does. Azrellia excited jumps up and down in excitement. She is about to bull rush Medi to give him a hug but she stops herself just before, remembering the would on his chest.

After some time the two pack their things and head out of the inn. Medi realizes it is the same in he found Percy in before. He offers to pay for the damages and gives the Innkeep one of the kopecks to cover it, and their stay in the room. He and Azrellia head off towards the port, ready to find a ship and set sail from Goldenseal. Ready to continue their adventures together.

Imperialisium
Postmaster-General

Democratic Socialists

Postby Imperialisium » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:01 pm

The Siege of Lethlinburg

Zara had paced the walls in the interim afternoon hours. The Imperial forces marshalled at their duty points around the city. Backed by the garrison and other forces cobbled together by Ducal forces still within the city, or had managed to retreat there. A crisp wind had blown in the from the North, whipping banners and pennants in its icy grasp, while gentle snowflakes fell from the heavens unto earth. Slowly, very slowly, adding a thin blanket of white to the environment. Then she heard it, too late, a thunderous boom. Then another, and more, with the sound of the passing objects catching up to her in a high shrill of spliced air. Stones! Looking out from the battlements she could see the assembled enemy siege engines snap their long wooden arms forward. Tossing human sized stones through the air to crash against the walls and over. Cries and shrieks as a stone crashed through a colonnade. Another impacting a building of apartments and crashing through in a shower of a million splinters. Plaster mixing with snow as more stones arced over the wall. Zara squinted, eyes barely catching another shape, cylindrical. Clay pots trailing smoky wisps.

"FIRE!" she shouted, the shout taking up along the wall just before the pots burst on impact. Spewing harvested walrus and whale oil. Catching their lit wicks as they did so. Cascades of flames dousing the walls and buildings in the easterly district in a mixed bombardment of fire and rock. Zara began to move, jogging along the walls, soldiers bowing their heads as they moved to their positions. Passing through a cramped tower, and along the walls Zara looked right to see Imperial artillery crews loading their own pieces. Reaching the easterly gatehouse where she had set up her command post she spoke rapidly to a signalman, "Order the artillery to answer. Deploy all citizen bucket brigades. Institute mandatory curfew. Citizens are to evacuate to the western city districts or to sub-levels!" Officers nodded and the signalman turned around to relay a quick series of visual orders with a pair of small flags.

twang-thunk

The audible crack of the Imperial artillery unleashing their own missiles at the enemy could be heard. Adding another shrill of cries as stones hurled from the assembled Imperial Trebuchets and catapults gave their counter-battery fire. Pulling a spyglass from her waist sash she raised it to her eyes. Some of the Seeing the chaos of Imperial ordinance landing among the enemy lines. Tossing up snow, dirt, and in one extremely well aimed or lucky shot. A trebuchet shot ripped through the right hand side of an enemy Trebuchet. Disabling the piece.

"Enemy infantry assembling in their trenches!" shouted an officer with his own spyglass. Zara pivoted her own glass around and spied infantry beginning to assembled in freshly dug forward trenches.

"Archers at the ready!" ordered Zara. The enemy infantry was marshalling against the Eastern gate and Ledaal section of wall.

The other officer with the spyglass, which Zara remembered as Talon-Captain Zamir Kchesson, a mortal career soldier in the army of House Vai. One of her command staff. The spindly yet athletic man spoke a crisp professional tone, "Enemy infantry is advancing. Supported by trolls. They have siege ladders."

Zara brought up the spyglass again and sure enough the enemy infantry was advancing in loose platoons of men. Several thousand surging forth under their bombardment. Some carried long ladders; these units were moving towards the Ledaal section of the wall. The rest, supported by brutish beasts clad in great iron plate and hide armor was five distinct squads of trolls, numbering at least sixty individuals. A couple thousand humans among them surging towards the outer palisade constructed by the Elledanos troops as a forward defense from the main Eastern Gate.

"Archers fire when ready. Archers at the gatehouse and adjacent sections are to prioritize those trolls," responded Zara.

Down below, Elledanos officers manning the palisade could be heard shouting about the enemy advance. While behind the gate house the rest of the Elledanos contingent had mustered to fulfill their defense of the gate house. Joined by two full strength regiments of House Vai troops numbering six thousand. However, given the enemy bombardment they were forced to take sheltering positions and thus could not assemble in proper formations.

A flurry of twangs and whistling shafts. Archers from Vai and Ledaal had unleashed their first volleys as the enemy came into range. A second volley sounded. Then a third. Zara panned along the unfolding first offensive by the enemy as bodies, struck by true flying arrows, fell into the snow. Their still forms sporadically joined by pooling puddles of crimson.
Resident Fox lover

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:20 pm

Mahajan Army - The Sound of Madness

Waiting was the hardest part of combat. The soldiers were ready to attack. Their fingers twitched on their swords and crossbows, their eyes scanned the endless snow for enemies. They were only a few miles away. Their miasma was leaking into the outskirts of Lethlinburg, invading their senses and placing the men on edge. Yet despite their antsy and bloodthirsty desires, they kept a fire lit. One general held a torch, signaling Gregor's order to keep a fire ready for the worst. The afternoon passed, as did many snowflakes which gathered into the icy sea below. Some soldiers marched along the walls to keep themselves awake. Some napped at their places for a good ten minutes, until their general caught them and snapped them awake with a spark of fire on their necks. Alertness was not just a skill, but a gate guarding the mortal soldiers against death's unrelenting maw.

Unfortunately for the Imperial Forces, the battle did not begin with a normal wave of bodies flooding through the snow, as Mahajan's army expected. Rather, they were met with enormous stones crashing over the walls, landing in the midst of apartments within Lethlinburg and crushing them. A thunderous siege had begun.

"FIRE!"

Zara's orders struck the air at the same time as General Daana's fierce shout. The Mahajan Exalteds, Daana among them, began to shoot fireballs into the crowds of soldiers below, trying to bring their assault of the city to a smoldering halt. Bombs of crimson and orange fell around the snow, evaporating it and any enemy soldiers that managed to find themselves in the wrong spot. The smell of burned bodies was a horrific one, but Mahajan's soldiers held their noses and nodded. Each burned body was a victory, a badge for their House. The more enemies they killed, the less Gregor had to fight-not that he would like missing-out on battle.

Ledaal Army - Down In The Water

"THE FLAMES! FOCUS ON THE FLAMES! THEY CANNOT GET INTO THE CITY!!!"

Shan Yui's orders came like bullets, as he marched along the wall and repeated them to his men. Arrows were raining down on the Bull's forces as fast as Ledaal's archers could reload them. Mahajan's troops were also aiming projectiles and fireballs, and the Ledaal general had taken notice of the buildings in the city exploding into flames. The Exalted of House Ledaal were to be firefighters of a different sort. Floods of water poured as Exalted scions summoned their power to secure the buildings. Below, a sea of people were being moved out of the Eastern part of the city. Shan Yui could not help but feel a little dread tightening his throat. Somewhere, in that crowd, his lord and his butler were in a dining hall, awaiting either victory or a call to arms. He himself was a barrier between House Ledaal's honor and the nefarious Bull.

Ledaal's ground forces, numbering at least three thousand, joined the fray with Elledanos and Vai, focusing their efforts between the different assailants moving toward the walls. Trolls with ladders were attempting to climb the walls, and they were met with swords and spears as they approached. Exalted who were not focused on the buildings within the city turned to blast them with Wind and Water, pushing them back so that the crowds of infantry could cut them down. Iron on iron, fire on snow, wind and water on snow. The power of gods shook the cold, still earth and filled it with the sounds of horror and death. Shan Yui glared below, drawing his own sword and shield and standing among his men, a conductor of a fierce, frenetic defense. Lethlinberg would survive-he would make sure of it.
-Alan Jackson

Antimersia
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Antimersia » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:58 am

Medi Munkii
Goldenseal

Medi and Azrellia Traveled along the port, looking for a ship that was about to set sail. They had talked as they walked, and together came to the decision to travel to the Imperial City on the Blessed Isle. Azrellia warned Medi that she came to Goldenseal from the direction of the Burning Sands. And that it is hardly a place worth experiencing. Medi didn’t want to give up an experience. But, he gave in, realizing that missing out on the Imperial City would be worse than missing out on seeing a desert.

They asked every ship crew they passed what their next destination was. Walking for hours and even buying some bamboo for Medi so he could carve a new staff along the way. Eventually they were lucky enough to come across a vessel that was bound for the Imperial City. A gruff looking old man, who no doubt had to be in his sixties, is the captain of the Soggy Clam. His name is Captain Igor Pruma and he tells Medi and Azrellia that he is sailing back to the Imperial City immediately.

“This was me last sail as cap’n of the Clam. Once I’m back, I’m selling me ship and retiring.” Igor explained to them.

“We would be ever so appreciative if you could take us along with you! We would gladly add to your retirement fund for the trouble.” Azrellia says excitedly.

“Yeah! Let’s set SAIL!” Medi yells excitedly, he leaps up onto the platform that leads up to the ship, and leaps from that to the railing on the side of it.

“Medi be careful! You’ll start bleeding again!” Azrellia says somewhat hysterically. Medi pays little attention, simply running up to the bow of the ship and sitting down on top of the figurehead. The figure head, carved into the shape of a large clam, is perfectly comfortable for Medi to sit down on with his legs cross. Captain Igor looks at Medi from the port and laughs heartily.

“Sure is a lively one ain’t he?” Igor remarks through his jolly laughter. “Tell ye what. Gimme enough to pay for supplies for the two of ye, and I’ll let ye on me ship for the travel.”

“Oh thank you very much! Your kindness and friendship will be rewarded! Have no doubts about that.” Azrella replies giddily. She pulls out three of her remaining eight kopeks and hands them over to Igor. “Please take it all. I know its more than you asked but you deserve to have the best retirement you can afford!”

“That’s kind of ye young lady. I know Medi’s name over there, with how loud you hollered it. What should I call ye?” Igor asked.

“I’m Azrellia! It is a pleasure to meet you!” She answers.

“Welcome aboard Azrellia. Get settled in with Medi in the lower decks. We set sail at first light tomorrow.” Igor explained. Azrellia nodded and started to walk up the platform to the deck of the ship herself. She moved towards the bow of the ship to let Medi know to come to the lower decks. Telling him how much they spent on the lift to the city in the process. Medi turns to her and gives her an uncharacteristically solemn face for a moment.

“Thanks Azrellia. I’ll meet you down there in a little while. I have to do something while I have the time.” Medi replies as he begins undressing.

“Medi! What are you doing?” she asks shocked. Her smokey face turning a reddish hue. Medi doesn’t answer, instead reciting the words of his transformation incantation. He once again dives down into the water, altering himself into the shape of a dolphin and swimming down deep into the depths of the sea. He can’t travel so far as the Blessed Isle without Telling Medania. He would never abandon her like that.

He swims out, further and further down into the depths. He keeps expecting to feel her presence. But, she never appears. He never senses her. Just the darkness of the depths around him. He calls out to her, yelling her name and having it echo throughout the ocean. But Medi receives no response. This has never happened before. He starts to panic. He wants to stay and continue looking for her. He couldn’t stand the thought of leaving without letting her know. And yet he must. His time in this form is running out. He has no choice but to swim up to the surface and return to the ship. He climbs up back to the figurehead. Reactivating his false sight once he breaches the water, once again in his normal human form. He finds his cloths and gets redressed, sulking as he descends down into the lower decks with Azrellia.

“Oh there you are! I was starting to get worried. I didn’t know you humans could hold your breath for that long.” Azrellia says excited to see him back. She leads Medi through to a pair of hammock that she has claimed for the two of them. She managed to put together some straw sacks for pillows for the both of them as well. Medi can’t help but smile as the work she put into it. But it still fails to lift his spirits. He reserves to just roll into his hammock, getting lost in his thoughts and worries. Azrellia notices that he seems to be sad. But, for now, she lets him rest. She is just happy that he is on the boat again, and she can look after him. Even more so seeing that his would is still healing. She slides into her own hammock and rests as well, looking at Medi as they both drift off.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:17 am

The Siege of Lethlinburg
King Alexandros

Alexandros had been asleep when the battle had begun, he had been awake most of the night before ensuring all was well with his men and fortifications. He had finally been persuaded to sleep by Cleo and Argos once he had checked everything he could, he had kept his armor on as a precaution and had simply collapsed onto his cot and closed his eyes. At the sound of the first explosion his eyes had snapped open and his body was already moving, grabbing his arms and helmet, before his mind had fully caught up.

He turned to look at Argos as he swept the tents entrance to the side and entered, bowing his head slightly for saying, "Are you ready Sire?". Alex nodded once at him before stretching his entirely. body as one usually does right after leaving their bed. He thanked the deities that he wasn't feeling groggy or out of place as you sometimes did after waking up, though he guessed it might have more to do with adrenaline than the deities. "Alright, let's go" Alex said to his Royal guard commander before leaving the tent and nearly running into Cleo.

Alex scowled once at her as he said, "You should be commanding the Palisade, it hasn't fallen has it?" No warmth entered his tone, Alex had entered into a purely businesslike state of mind. This did not mean he was not happy to see his sister or that he was angry with her, just that he didn't feel he had the time to waste on pleasantries.

"No Sire, I was relieved right before all this started so I came to find you and ask what you would have me do," Cleo said, knowing a well that the time was not right for pleasantries or other forms of Sibling love.

Alex closed his eyes to think before saying, "Go back to your tent to rest, you'll be the one to take over Command when I no longer can and must rest," He said, settling the matter in his own mind just before Cleo said in a low voice, "Alex don't be stupid, no one could get a wink of sleep knowing such a battle was taking place, especially with those bloody explosions" She said

Alex of course had to agree and a grimace crossed his face, "Fine you're right, go re take command of the Palisade by my orders. Argos, where is her guard detail?" He said, directing the last part at Argos. For his own part Argos looked to Cleo and raised an eyebrow, she blushed in embarrassment as she said, "I left them to defend the palisade, they're Exalted! They would be more use there!" She said.

"No princess, their use is to defend the Royal House, that is their only duty and they would die to see it through, please return to them immediately," Argos said
Lover of doggos

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:11 pm

Shan Yui - The Flood

A river of Water Essence poured into the Eastern District, attacking the enemy flames with all the fury of Leviathan himself. Shan Yui's eyes flickered to the work of his Exalted countrymen as they focused hard on their crucial work. Steam and mist floated through the air around him, creating pressure and a ghostly atmosphere, with all lines blurred between life and death, between civilization and the wilderness, between the bodies below and the bodies along the walls.

Shan Yui was not himself an Exalted. As a child, he had presented a great shame to his family, as his talent and intelligent had given them hope that he would Exalt and rise to heavenly heights among the Imperial Realm. Yet the Dragon Gods had different plans for him, and the years had passed without the longed-for event. For many years, his kin spoke about him in hushed voices, darting their eyes at the young man and then darting away, as if they were assassins not wanting to be caught with their daggers in their cloaks. Thus, to make-up for this great disgrace, Shan had thrown himself into the armed forces, fighting for every rank he could cut through with a sword. Now, standing on the walls of Lethlinberg, he was more or less on top of the world, looking down into the depths below. Many of his soldiers would never rise to such heights, and yet he could not abandon them. No, he had to fight for them, as he had fought for himself.

His sword gleamed by his side, as he awaited a troll trying to move up the walls. A few soldiers moved up the ladder, only to meet his cold, dark eyes staring them down. This tower was his, and he would defend it with all the ferocity of a god of war. As soon as he saw their heads and necks, their heads and necks rolled. Blood splattered down the wall, down the ladder, and into the snow, in which it dripped and then froze. Heads that fell like lead littered the ground, and he moved along the wall to different ladders and new enemies. His expression never changed from the cold, unflinching stare toward the carnage. His sword in his hand represented his honor, and every kill represented his will to hold onto that honor. He had worked for twenty long years to reach that sweet fruit of his success, and now he would protect it.

The trolls trying to break down the walls were at least eight feet tall, more like charging boulders of rage than humanoids, and they used clubs and swords to smash into anything that stood in front of them. Shan Yui, noticing the threat trying to move up the walls, hurried over to meet the threat head-on. As steam continued to rise around him, he kept his footing and glared at an incoming troll. His eyes zeroed on the neck, on the jugular that was possibly as thick as a broomstick. He saw red at the same time as his sword, when it cut hard into the thick neck of a troll and was stuck for a moment. Screaming and gurgling ensued, but the Ledaal general forced his strength into the swing, and blood spurted like a hose as soon as he removed the tamponade that was his blade.

Any soldiers below the troll were scrambling to move, as the body fell like a lead weight into the pillowy whiteness below. Snow flew and crackled in the air as it began to flood with thick pools of blood. Some of Ledaal's soldiers looked onward as their general now was drenched in blood. A couple shuddered, one muttered something under his breath, but most took a look and then turned back to fighting the enemy below or the fire around them.

Daana Mahajan - Fueled By The Fire

Just as fire poured into Lethlinberg, it would pour out of the city, as Daana directed his men to cause as many explosions as possible. The Exalted along the walls melted snow around the charging Mahajan troops below, in order to allow them a quicker advance on the struggling enemies. Some had to slosh through the muddled ground, but they charged and chopped through soldiers who still waddled through the snow. In the meantime, at least one Exalted was keeping the troops along the walls warm, in order to keep their movements quick and alert. The cold challenged them to fight without stopping, but Mahajan loved a challenge.

Daana held his superior's fire on a torch as he surveyed the damage below. Mahajan would have plenty of casualties from their assault, but they were all aware that they could meet such an end. As long as they won, and as long as that victory put a dent in the Bull's pride, they were happy. The Mahajan general himself would put flickers of flames onto the arrows of the archers, which would then burn into skin, wood, and metal as they struck the enemies below. A massive fireball had met a catapult and had caused a violent explosion, to the cheers of many archers along the wall. In fact, they cheered almost any time some sort of major damage was done. This battlefield was their playground, after all.

"EYYYYYYYY SHAN YUI! YOU OUGHT TO TRY CUTTING DOWN TREES WITH THAT ARM OF YOURS! HAAAAAA!!!" Daana cheered as a troll fell from the walls, and his yell echoed over the firmaments toward the Ledaal general. Shan Yui did not give him too much of an acknowledgement, as his poker face was carefully composed, but he did give a tiny smirk. From one military leader to another, despite their differences, they were allies and both held respect for the art of war.
Last edited by Luminesa on Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Imperialisium
Postmaster-General

Democratic Socialists

Postby Imperialisium » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:57 pm

The Siege of Lethlinburg

"Loose!"

Volleys of arrows and bolts cascaded from the walls and tower battlements. Crashing into the vanguard forces of the Northmen invaders. Bodies peppered with shafts began to dot the snow white fields. Ruining their virgin snow coverage with churned red mush. The Bull's forces did not cease their bombardment all the while. Crashing among the city's Easterly districts, smacking the walls, and impacting towers. The bucket brigades, aided by water aspect Exalted, were kept in a constant frenzy to put out fires before they could get out of hand. But it was chaotic battle. One fraught with danger as ever more ordinance hurled by the enemy's siege engines came crashing down. Blowing through house walls, collapsing store fronts, and puncturing rooftops.

"Loose!"

More volleys as the forces of the Empire arrayed along the walls unleashed deadly torrents of fire. But it was not just arrows. The powers of the Imperial Exalted further frustrated the enemy's assault. Both Mahajan and Ledaal reaping a fearsome tally among the foe. But yet they came still. The momentum of the enemy assault gaining tempo as another wave stormed from their trenches. The trenches themselves crawling every closer as enemy troops dug closer to the walls. Wooden barricades to block arrow and bolt fire moving up in accordance. Shielding their diggers. The first wave had probed the defense. The second would be to see how far they could press and hopefully gain some beach head in the defenses. Thousands of enemy troops stormed forth. Joined by yet more Trolls and beasts.

But it was below the Eastern gate, in the outer palisade defensive ring, that would see the greatest violence. As the vanguard of the enemy crashed into the ordered phalanx of the Elledanosi! Spear punctured flesh, grinded across bone, or lacerated arteries. Axes and maces chopped. Swords cleaved. The enemy ranks temporarily withered against the wall of spears from the Elledanosi. Then a dull roar as the nearest trolls arrives. Bashing aside several spears with their tough shields the trolls were among the Elledanosi! Swinging their vile clubs, axes, and scimitars too big for human hands! Roaring and snarling their inhuman war cries as they smelled the spilled vitality of man about them!

Up above Zara looked down at the carnage and frowned. "Concentrate fire on the trolls!" she shouted and archers, relayed the order by messengers and officers sounding off, began to adjust their aim on the trolls. One went down, but after no more than sixty-eight arrows protruded from its tough hide between its oversized ramshackle armor plates. Crashing among the fallen human bodies of both sides. But the enemy was emboldened by the presence of their inhuman allies. The second wave joining the first in their fearsome berserker assault of the Palisade and walls.
Resident Fox lover

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:56 am

The Siege of Lethlinburg
King Alexandros

From the Eastern gate tower, Alex watched the battle below him with a concerned grimace, the palisade was starting to near the point when it would cost more than it was worth. As the trolls were finally slain, the reinforcements behind the phalanx combined with Archery fire from the walls killing them, Alex signaled with his hand for his signal blower to come closer. The young man was lightly armed and armored and was equipped only with his horn. "Signal, begin fallback" Alex said to him, not even looking once at the man as he spoke. The signaler raised the horns to his lips after wetting them and then blew a short series of blasts.

Fuuuuuuuum Fuuuuuuuum Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum

At this the second rank of defenders in the palisade below turned and ran to the gate, quickly setting themselves up on either side to defend the retreating phalanxs sides while leaving their avenue of escape open. Upon the walls and at the same time the Exalted of Elledanos rushed forward when they heard the horn, ready to shield the retreating men below.

Seeing this, Alex nodded once. The current threat of the trolls had been destroyed, however more were on their way and would soon tear into the phalanx again. "Signal fallback" He said to the signaler who raised the horn to his still wet lips and blasted out another horn blast.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum

At this the Phalanx in combat began to backstep towards the walls, those in the back guiding those in front by turning and placing a hand on their shoulder to guide them. The enemy forces, sensing weakness, surged forward with a wordless roar only to be held at bay by an unyielding torrent of Earth, Fire, and Water. The exalted of Elledanos had held themselves in check at their kings orders, saving their power for this moment and on. Seeing that their escape avenue was open and that they would not be hounded from the front for now, the Phalanx fully turned towards the walls and jogged through the gate. The second rank soon following them, the gate already closing as the last an went through.
Lover of doggos

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse