NATION

PASSWORD

Great War? What Great War? (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:33 pm

Imperium of The Huron wrote:still January 21,1918
Boma, Congo

"Reinforcements have arrived!" an excited solder yelled to general Armand.
"Thank God, its the Brazilians! he said with a smile, "that will send them running!"
"But sir, they can't land there soldiers with the docks destroyed."
"True, but with there guns they can hold off any attack on the forts."
The fort was on the north side of the Congo river, with empty fields filled with caltrops was on the other sides, designed to deny cover to any enemy that got into accurate rifle range. Behind this stood two earthen walls were half of the artillery was as well as the machine gun. Yet future on was the main fort, a concrete banker with two naval guns pointed right at the river.
The whole thing was guarded by 1,000 men, a third of which were armed with repeating rifles and the rest with single shot ones.
Another 500 men with one canon was in a secondary fort on the other side of the river, and a further 430 men in the now ablaze town who were trying desperately to get to a fort, and the remaining 70 soldiers ether killed, captured or wounded.

21st January 1918

Ngube, with all his cunning, decided to arm his troops with the 3 remaining cannons and use them to take down the fort.The cannons released their volley upon the Belgian troops. Meanwhile, the rebels on the outside fired at the repeating riflemen from a distant range, taking cover nearby. The cannons aimed at the bottom of the structure, attempting to make it collapse and cause the soldiers to fall to their deaths. They were going to use gravity against them.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:24 am

Imperium of The Huron wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:21st January 1918

Rebels intercepted the Belgian message, as Ngube orders groups of around 500 people to search the countryside for Belgian soldiers burning land. If they find soldiers in small groups, enough to be defeated alone, then attack them. If they are too big, then mobilise the local population. If there is no local population to mobilise, then take a few volleys and escape. They cannot outrun us.

Battle of Boma

The fast-moving, agile Kuhamia Hakara groups were easily able to dodge the cannon fire, as the ships set fire to the ports to prevent any naval reinforcements. Meanwhile, back on land, the Kuhamia Hakara groups continue their advance, ambushing the Belgian troops, catching them off-guard, as the artillery were targetted. The Belgians were forced to retreat further in...to their doom. The group within the city had finished mobilising and was now an organised force, turning into the same Kuhamia Hakara groups which assaulted the Belgians from behind. The Belgians were now caught in Ngube's strategy. Caught between a rock and a hard place. Only a military genius could get them out of this.

January 21,1918
Battle of Boma

"Fall back to the inner fort and stop firing!" Armand Huyghé yelled to his men.
The battle was going vary badly for Belgium, and nothing short of a miracle could save them now. Well that or some cunning.
Huyghé know that his best chance of survival was to stall the enemy long enough for the reinforcements on their way. So he decide to portended that his men had run out of ammunition then maybe he could entice them to come closer than he could unleash a devastating volley on them. And if not? Then he would just sit there until help came.

Brussels
"Greetings sirs, welcome to Brussels" Prime Minister Charles de Broqueville said to the British ambassadors as they sat down in the meeting room.
"Gentlemen, lets get down to the negotiations. As you know we would like to purchase warships to start a proper navy. If you could tell me what ships you are willing to sell then we could go on from there."

January 21, 1918
“Greetings, thank you,” the British ambassador sat down in the meeting room.

“Well what kind of ships are you looking for?” the ambassador asked. “We have ships with dazzle camouflage, if you would like to mainly use them in war, and we have a large variety of ships that you could want. We need to know what you are looking for, then we can decide what to sell to you.”
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:19 am

KONINKRIJK  DER NEDERLANDEN

Binnenhof Complex, The Hague

The Prime Minister of Netherlands sat in his office chair, comfortably leaning in the leather seat as January's cold gust of winds swept through the Torentje's octagonal room. He leaned closer to the desk, adjusting his monocle and opening several paper piles. There was a ton of it, each one detailing matters of trade, foreign relations, and bureaucracy - the ones that Van Grasse despise rather much. He was a military officer, and the fact that it brought him into this office made him feel rather out of place. As a former commander on the East Indies, being pulled to serve as his nation's Minister of Defense was certainly a great honor, but his career was upjumped more, partially due to the Queen's intentions to keep administrators and commanders from the Netherlands' colonies knit closely together. Even more with conflict and tensions slowly building in the world.

He glanced at a report from the Dutch Gold Coast's Governor General. The economic development there had been a steadily increasing one, with a railroad project being built. But with a lack of Dutch engineers and supervisors present, as his cabinet had recently pushed Amsterdam's port enlargement and a commision of several military vessels, they had to bring engineers from the East Indies. Some, he noted, was native; he did not feel good paying native engineers to work on Netherlands' other colonial parts. It was not of sentiment, but he was still wary about it. There was a knock on his office door, and an elderly man wearing black suit entered. He adjusted his monocle and sipped a glass of wine.

"Lord Prime Minister, the cabinet awaits your pleasure." His secretary slightly bowed. Van Grasse liked "your pleasure" more especially in moments like this; all the pleasant and dirty corrupt bureaucrats bowing to his whim. "Please, send them to enter."

As one by one his ministers entered the room, he could not help but feel that it was getting a little cramped. There was almost twenty of them, and the room was not very spacious enough. Fortunately, there was just so many chairs to accommodate. He started the meeting with an address. "Ministers," he said, "I understand that this is not a regular cabinet meeting scheduled, but nonetheless important. In fact, we should include the agendas for our next cabinet meeting here." There was several murmurs from the ministers.

"It has come to our attention that the situation in Congo, our neighbor's colonial possession, has grown rather more… unruly." He took a paper detailing the events in Africa. "As you all know, there has been a bombing of certain infrastructures in the colony. There are reports of insurgents as well, coming into conflicts with the Belgian authority there. While I am not one to pry into other states' inner problems and the matters like that, there is something that made this insurgency, this state they Africans are trying to make… dangerous. I couldn't care less if it isn't because their wealth, hidden far away in some damp jungle infested with lizards and wyrms and man-eating tribes only the bravest could suffer. But it is indeed by these adventurers, explorers' travels that we learn of the economic potential hidden there. Plantations, ivory, and even gold, if the rumours are right. It's only in our kingdom's interests for us, to acquire, ah.. a bit of this investment." He paused a little.

The first answer came from the Minister of the Treasury. Pieter van Jansen was an elderly man, yet still vigorous; more so when it came to the state's income affairs. "The option is obvious. We cannot risk our state, small as it is, more so with a leftist and radical threat across our eastern border. While we certainly did have a rather… turbulent relationship with Belgium, it is only in our, European interests to provide aid for them."

Another voice chimed in, this time from the Secretary of State. "Do we really need to bow to their interests all the time, though? Belgium, and Britain, and all their puppets and cousins and families in the throne. There is new avenues of expansion waiting there." 

Minister van Jansen answered. "Meester Secretary, while your views might be right, let us not ignore that Britain currently has nearly a fourth of the world on their foot. Even our own colonial possessions stood near their fortresses, with British ships-of-the-line scurrying around like rats, if they could walk in water. More the note is that Belgium was, and ever will be, a puppet of them. They could not control France a century ago, and neither they could us, so they sought a new avenue by snatching half of our country." A murmur of agreement swept the room. Another minister exclaimed "India" in a low but clear voice.

Van Grasse continued. "I see. Hard as the choice is, we could not damage the position of the Dutch Empire in the world. Especially with this.. Indies problem quite an obstacle for us, half a world away. We shall send a detachment to help them," he said, "Not officially, of course. He continued. " The sound of agreement swept the room in low voice. "In the meantime, I would ask of any suggestions for us, to take channels of diplomacy in this year. On particular note I would point out the situation in our East Indies, which had grown quite.. disturbing."

The Minister of Foreign Affairs suggested in a clear voice. "We must needs to seek a more oriental approach.. to an oriental problem. We know that there had been a migration of Chinese traders and workers to Batavia from the recent reports…" he finished. Van Grasse stroked his thin beard and nodded a little. "Indeed… we shall proceed with acquaintances in the east. Now, I gladly announce that our cabinet meeting here adjourned. There will be no new sessions this month, thank you very much." As one by one the ministers left his office, he called for one to stay. "Meester Karelse, you could stay.."

The said person walked in front of his desk, took a seat, and waited until the door is closed and no one left but them two. The Minister of Foreign Affairs started the conversation first. "Cornelis, exactly what are you thinking? Most of the cabinet obviously does doubt this affair with Belgium," he said in a low voice. "You most of all know what potential we could take on this feud. I do not want to say whatever European powers snatched their chance going to this.. Revolutionary Leader Ngube first and lick his boots with war supplies in hand, but I can tell that France and Germany had a hand on this, I know not how."

The Prime Minister responded with a laugh. "Do you honestly think I haven't considered it earlier? Your reports end here, Lord Matthias." He pointed into the pile of papers on his desk. The other man smiled, realizing his rush of words. "I vehemently agree that this conflict is ripe with opportunities. But ripe for who, my friend? Certainly not the crown, and not that," he glanced at the Parliament building. He took his own purse of coins, and looked at the Minister's also. "If there is an opportunity, why not go on with those…" He eyed the Minister's pockets.

"You know, for all the hatred and stuff you got for the bureaucrats… you're becoming one of them now," Karelse said with a throaty laugh. "Then… I would vehemently agree with you as well, Meester. Or subtly, I say. We are acting with double-faces now, or do you suggest we drop more sides of our gracious face, to every clink of coin possible?" The Minister again gave a laugh.

Van Grasse sighed, and took his purse to the floor. "Do you think of me so low?" The Minister's face was one of pity. He continued, "Because we both know I well deserved it. Oh, and you too, bastard. To the scoundrels of our nation," he raised his cup, and noticed Karelse doing the same. The other man answered, "may our pockets swell and our belly rotten with sweet, cursed gold!" Both of them laughed throatily and drank the wine. "Now let us get into how this will work, my friend. We will have an official letter to Belgium sent, discreetly, to provide them help. I had mind to send a full army from Java, natives all, to deal with these.. revolutionaries. What do people usually call it? Strike two birds with one stone… I think." The Minister nodded and asked about the Congolese. Van Grasse stroked his beard. "Well, sooner or later, our colonial troops would join the mix, and get noticed, but it does not matter as we had the second avenue. You had an acquaintance. The British, expatriate, what was the name? Ah, whatever. The second message, more discreetly than the first, shall came from this man. The Cabinet - me - will have no ties traced to this, though we may provide a little…. incentive, to start the business."

"What about the others?" Minister Karelse asked. "Surely you do not meant to abandon the rest of opportunities, given now there's new states springing out like mushrooms on a damp log. Britain and France - even America - had done nothing, in our observation…"

"All will be cleared, uhm, in due time. For now, the Congo is all that matters." The Minister left his office swiftly. Now staring at the pool in front of his room, Cornelis van Grasse stroked his thin beard. He turned the pencil on his hand upside down rather harshly. In a sudden gesture, like how he used to throw knives in the Indies' sprawling jungle, the pencil shattered at the window, its graphite staining the glass, right on where it faces the Parliament Building.

MINISTERIE VAN BUITENLANDSE ZAKEN
KONINKRIJK DER NEDERLANDEN

Code: Select all
To: The Head of Government of the Belgian Kingdom
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: HIGH

Warm Greetings,
Your Majesty/Right Honourable, we have decided, as a fellow European nation and in good faith, our position regarding the conflict in the Belgian Colony of Congo. It is to our common interest, and for the good of all European states, that this conflict and the rebellion brewing should be stopped immediately, under supervision of none other than the Congo's own protector and defender. As such, we have decided to join our brethren in this struggle, and lend a helping arm to where it is needed. Belgium will expect a dispatchment of Dutch forces, under the Belgian banner as well as Dutch, to keep the peace in Africa. We sincerely hope that Belgium will forget the past wounds and wars between them and the Netherlands, and walk together to our close future.

We would also invite the Belgian Head of State to meet with the Prime Minister of the Netherlands in The Hague, or his/her vice, if by means could not attend. Alternatively, a letter could be addressed, if there is no Belgian national officials currently available for the meeting.

Sincerely,
His Rt. Hon. Cornelis Frederik van Grasse
Prime Minister of the Kingdom of the Netherlands

PRIVATE LETTER

To: Revolutionary Leader Emile Ngube of the Congo
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: VERY HIGH

Dearest Revolutionary Leader,
This letter came from a man who sympathizes of your ideals, and your struggle to bring the Congolese people for emancipation and recognition, in face of Europe's tyranny and hypocrisy that they blatantly show to the world. Consider this as a note, and act of support, as we share the same ideals and views towards how justice shall be done for them. I am a black person, as you, and all of our kin are; and I had the sour taste of oppression, though not blatant slavery, once. It is well within my wishes that you sincerely accept this help, though if you do, I shall remind that we can be at each other's help, in the future.

May the Belgians fall.

MINISTERIE VAN BUITENLANDSE ZAKEN

To: His Right Honourable, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
ENCRYPTION LEVEL: HIGH

Warm Greetings,
Your Right Honourable, it has come into our attention that the tensions between Indian revolutionaries and the British administration in India had slowly climbing into the peak. In answer of the event, we, as the representative of the Netherlands, seek to announce that Britain has and will always receive the Netherlands' support in the conflict. As such, we plan to organize a meeting between the Prime Ministers of both Netherlands and the United Kingdom, in a preferable location. The Prime Minister has also signed an executive order detailing our Armed Forces' requirements and orders for British supplies, and we do hope that the request could be accepted and carried out with ease. We also hope, in good faith, that the Prime Minister of Britain will accept our request of a state meeting.

Sincerely,
His Rt. Hon. Cornelis Frederik van Grasse
Prime Minister of the Kingdom of the Netherlands

MINISTERIE VAN DEFENSIE

Executive Order № 16/1918

The Ministry of Defense of the Netherlands, upon measuring the state of its military components and arms of defense, had came on a conclusion that a further increase of military arms and strategic infrastructure was required to be installed, operated, and given to the military arms of the Netherlands, be it land, air, or water to operate into their capacity. Further noting the increasing tensions in Africa and the Indian subcontinent, and to keep peace in all of the Netherlands' overseas administrative regions; the Ministry of Defense, with agreement of Prime Minister of the Netherlands, had ordered the following points to be executed as soon as possible:
    ▪︎ The manufacture and addition of 40,000 Geweer M. 95 Rifles to be issued to all branches of the Royal Netherlands Army, in each parts of the Kingdom, be it mainland or overseas;

▪︎ The construction of new railroad projects from Abidjan to Accra in Dutch West Africa, and from Batavia to Soerabaja in Dutch East Indies, with funding taken from their respective overseas administrations and Royal Netherlands military institutions present in the area;

▪︎ The manufacture and addition of 14,200 Mitrailleur M. 20 light machine guns to be issued to all branches of the Royal Netherlands Army, with 8,800 of the new production issued to military components stationed in the Dutch Gold Coast and Dutch Ghana;

▪︎ The assembly of 2 cruisers, 4 destroyers, and 6 frigates in the Port of Amsterdam, for the Royal Netherlands Navy;

▪︎ The assembly of 10 light patrol vessels in the Port of Abidjan, for the Royal Netherlands Navy;

▪︎ The recruitment of 50,000 forces of the Koninklijk Nederlands Indisch Leger, composed of 3,000 Dutch trained personnels and 48,000 native recruits;

▪︎ The recruitment of 24,000 forces of the Koninklijk Nederlands West-Afrikaans Leger, composed of 5,000 Dutch trained personnels and 19,000 native recruits.

Signed,
Prime Minister of the Netherlands

MINISTERIE VAN DEFENSIE

Executive Order № 17/1918

Following the Prime Minister's decision to extend military aid to the Belgian government in part of the Congo conflict, the Ministry of Defense of the Netherlands has decided to prepare and ready the support for Dutch troops on the way to support the Belgian forces in Congo. The outline of personnels and armaments sent is as described:

▪︎ 3,900 troops of the Royal Netherlands Army, consisted of national guards, lieutenants, and trained army officers of high position, transported by sea from Amsterdam, Netherlands to Abidjan, Dutch West Africa;

▪︎ 9,850 troops of the Koninklijk Nederlands Indisch Leger, transported by sea from Batavia, Dutch East Indies to Abidjan, Dutch West Africa;

▪︎ 17,640 troops of the Koninklijk Nederlands West-Afrikaans Leger in Abidjan and Accra, Dutch West Africa;

▪︎ 2 cruisers, 4 frigates, and 10 corvettes of the Royal Netherlands Navy, part of the Dutch African Fleet;

▪︎ 30,000 pieces of Geweer M. 95 rifles, 12,000 pieces of Mitrailleur M. 20 light machine guns, and 4,000 pieces of artillery cannons as additional armaments, prepared from the KNWAL's storages in Abidjan;

▪︎ 20 pieces of Fokker E.I aircrafts, mounted with machine guns, prepared from the KNWAL's storages in Abidjan.

The allocated personnel and equipment are hereby authorized to be transferred to their respective stated positions, and to be used in support of the Belgian forces in Congo for an indefinite amount of time, shall the Belgian authorities agree to receive the support.

Signed,
Prime Minister of the Netherlands
Last edited by Sarderia on Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:57 am

HM Government

To: His Right Honorable Cornelis Frederik van Grasse Prime Minister of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Encryption Level: Medium
Your Right Honorable, the Indian National Congress is using fake news reports and propaganda to spread fear and recruit members to their ‘army’. I would be happy to travel to Amsterdam for a meeting. We thank you for your support in the conflict as well.

Sincerely,
Prime Minister Edward Williams
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:13 am

21st January 1918

Emile Ngube hereby invites the Belgian government over to Boma for peace negotiations.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:54 am

Emile Ngube hereby invites the Belgian government over to Boma for peace negotiations.

(OOC: Can y'all change the dates slightly. We're at Feb 1st, not all that shit can happen on one day.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:56 am

Agarntrop wrote:

(OOC: Can y'all change the dates slightly. We're at Feb 1st, not all that shit can happen on one day.

(OOC: Please take all OOC to the OOC. Thank you)
Please Watch

Imperium of The Huron
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium of The Huron » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:23 am

The Archipelago Territory wrote:
January 21,1918
Battle of Boma

"Fall back to the inner fort and stop firing!" Armand Huyghé yelled to his men.
The battle was going vary badly for Belgium, and nothing short of a miracle could save them now. Well that or some cunning.
Huyghé know that his best chance of survival was to stall the enemy long enough for the reinforcements on their way. So he decide to portended that his men had run out of ammunition then maybe he could entice them to come closer than he could unleash a devastating volley on them. And if not? Then he would just sit there until help came.

Brussels
"Greetings sirs, welcome to Brussels" Prime Minister Charles de Broqueville said to the British ambassadors as they sat down in the meeting room.
"Gentlemen, lets get down to the negotiations. As you know we would like to purchase warships to start a proper navy. If you could tell me what ships you are willing to sell then we could go on from there."

January 21, 1918

“Well what kind of ships are you looking for?” the ambassador asked. “We have ships with dazzle camouflage, if you would like to mainly use them in war, and we have a large variety of ships that you could want. We need to know what you are looking for, then we can decide what to sell to you.”

January 21 1918.
Brussels,

"Well we have three problems, coastal defense, rebel suppression, and convoy escorts. Prime Minister Broqueville said in reply.
"For the first problem we need torpedo boats, the second gunboats and for the last one light cruisers. We figure 4 each of torpedo & gunboats and 2 light cruisers will suffice."

To Emile Ngube rebel
I am hereby authorizing the colonel governor to negotiate in my place.
Your King Albert I
Last edited by Imperium of The Huron on Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:26 pm

The Archipelago Territory wrote:January 21, 1918

January 21 1918.
Brussels,

"Well we have three problems, coastal defense, rebel suppression, and convoy escorts. Prime Minister Broqueville said in reply.
"For the first problem we need torpedo boats, the second gunboats and for the last one light cruisers. We figure 4 torpedo boats, and 2 each of gunboats and light cruisers will suffice."

To Emile Ngube rebel
Your King Albert I

Warned. I've told you multiple times: ya can't do all this in one day.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Adurnak
Ambassador

Founded: May 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Adurnak » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:33 pm

The Kingdom of Greece
31st January - 1st February
Woes in the Congo

Things did not look good, not good at all and an orderly unloading at the docks at Boma as planned looked unlikely at best. The gunfire and explosions coupled with the fires that could be seen on the horizon told Lt.General Moschopoulos that the port city had clearly turned into a war zone. It was also clear that up river other large ships had already arrived and from the ships colours it was clear they belonged to the nation of Brazil. As no further orders had been received from home and seeing what appeared to be suicide fire boats being set against the Brazilians, Moschopoulos held the convoy back and decided to tern the nearby island of il de mateba in the middle of the river into a first base of operations. Uninhabited the island could quickly be secured; the men were put ashore in lifeboats to clear land for a camp/ temporary fort, and began erecting tents, a mess hall, medical section, watch towers, and a surrounding wooden palisade for security.
In the mean time the troop transports were moored up on the southern edge of the island near the camp with two destroyers by their sides. The decision was made to keep one destroyer active on the river to keep watch for rebel water craft. Whatever was happening in Boma would have to wait until the next day.
As dawn broke an air of nervousness hung over the camp with the morning mist, though the noise of battle had been somewhat drowned out by the sound of the river overnight, non could ignore the smell of smoke that had drifted towards them with the rivers' current. After everyone had had a basic and somewhat chaotic breakfast Moschopoulos called a meeting with all the officers, both navy and army. Having argued back and forth within his own mind the plan he had decided on and relayed to the assembled men was as follows: 200 men from the army would remain in the camp with most of the navy personal (around 1000 sailors) who would also remain behind armed with the stock of rifles that were left behind. The other 2800 men would board the life boats and be ferried the short distance across the river where a bridgehead was to be established and a further 300 men would be left behind to guard the boats. The men left behind were ordered to dig in by erecting their own small palisade wall made from ferried over wooden stakes left over from the previous days construction, the wall would only protect from small arms fire but mot much else. By 12pm everyone was across and 2500 men were ready to begin marching east towards the city.
Last edited by Adurnak on Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I can't believe how long I've been on this website

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:38 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
January 21 1918.
Brussels,

"For the first problem we need torpedo boats, the second gunboats and for the last one light cruisers. We figure 4 torpedo boats, and 2 each of gunboats and light cruisers will suffice."

To Emile Ngube rebel
Your King Albert I

Warned. I've told you multiple times: ya can't do all this in one day.

(OOC: And why not?)
Please Watch

Goverment Of The Argentinian State
Envoy

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Goverment Of The Argentinian State » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:32 pm

Berlin, Febuary 1st, 1918

With the press - backed by the rich planters from East Africa- becoming increasingly insistent on a solution to the African question, the government of von Podewils-Dürniz is finally forced to take an active role in the issue. To the effect of developing the correct policy to achieve this, a cabinet meeting is called. Most of those attending agree that supporting the Belgians is the only feasable solution. Consequently, foreign minister Bernhard von Bülow is instructed to formulate an offer to the Belgian government.

To: The Belgian Legation

It has come to the attention of our government that the current difficulty in putting down the congolese revolt might have the consequence of fomenting similar acts in our colonies. With the intetion of avoiding this, we offer your government the support of our troops in the Rwandan sector of German East Africa, numbering 19,860 men to put down the revolt in the eastern sector of the Congo. Furhtermore, we would be willing to commit the Lake Tanganyka squadron to such an expedition.

British mobilization was also a topic of discussion in the meeting, with many concerned about the rapid growth of the British Army. Nontheless, it is understood by those attending that, as chaos in India would be most damaging to German commercial interests, the action would not be protested. Nevertheless, this is responded to by using a fraction of the military's allocated emergency funds to order the construction of two Ersatz Victoria Louise (Mackensen) class battlecruisers in addition to the four already being built. Furthermore, under pressure from Gustav Stresemann, the minister of finance, the opportunity is taken to pressure the British into reducing tariffs for German goods, with a telegram sent to the British following shortly thereafter.

To: The British Embassy

In light of recent events in India, the German government expresses the deepest feelings of fraternal empathy with your Majesty's government, and hopes for the victory of civilization in this conflict as well as in the Congo. Nevertheless, we also feel that these events may have disruptful effects on those sectors of your industry which are reliant upon the provisions of Indian raw materials. Consequently, the German government feels obliged to offer to your Majesty's government a proposal for mutual reduction of tariff upon raw materials extracted from the overseas territories of both nations.[/align][/box]

The next item on the agenda is the persistent tendency of the Hatian state to fail its planed payments to German banks. Having already intervened there twice in the past two decades, the government feels it appropiate to dispatch a larger expedition that may convince the Haitians to become more fiscally responsible. However, it is evident that such an expedition may anger the government of the Great Western Republic, and, in consequence, it is necessary to obtain the consent of that government before such an expedition may be launched.

To: The American Embassy

The consistent unwilingness of the Hatian government to repay loans to our firms has been an issue which the German government belives of great importance. It has been resolved that such an issue requires a drastic solution, hence the German government's resolution to dispatch an expedition for pourposes of obliging the Haitians to abide by their previous commitments. The German government recognizes, however, that such a solution may be upseting to your government given the proximity of Haiti to your country. We, in consequence, inform you that the German government has no intention of annexing any portion of Hatian territory or of deploying more than what is militarily necessary to achieve the aforementioned goal. The German government hereby states its position that further negotiation to resolve any issues which your government may have is welcome

Following the wiring of the telegram, a squadron consisting of the armored cruiser Blücher two light cruisers, Dresden and Cöln and 6 destroyers is assembled under the command of Vice-Admiral Erich Raeder. Two troopships are loaded with 3,552 marines while orders for sailing are confirmed.
Last edited by Goverment Of The Argentinian State on Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
El sistema constitucional del siglo pasado está caduco. El ejército es la última
aristocracia, vale decir la última posibilidad de organización jerárquica que
nos resta entre la disolución demagógica.

- Leopoldo Lugones

Imperium of The Huron
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium of The Huron » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:43 pm

February 1,1918

To the Netherlands
 To the Honorable Cornelis Frederik van Grasse Prime Minister
Dear sir,
Your solders are now authorized to inter the Belgian Congo to help put down the revolt.
Regarding the invitation you sent to me about visiting   Amsterdam, I Would like to thank you for it and inform you that I will be there. I am sure that grate things will come from the meeting.
King Albert I

To Germany
 To Bernhard von Bülow, Foreign Minister
Dear sir,
Your troops are now authorized to inter the Congo for the purpose of putting down the Congo rebellion.
Additional I would like to invite German military advisers to help modernize my army.
King Albert I

Rio Da Janeiro
Minister of economic affairs Paul Hymans had just arrived in the Brazilian capital to began talks concerning a trade agreement with them.
Walking into the office of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, after introducing him self he shook hands with him and sat down.

Boma
"This can't be the city!?" Governor Eugène Henry said as his ship arrived outside the city.
Most of the city was in a state of ruin from the earlier battle and subsequent fires.
Because of this and the fact that the rebels still held the city the governor was forced to take a small boat to the Belgian camp.
The camp which had about 1,500 troops including the 1,000 men from Leopoldville, was located by the auxiliary fort on the south side of the Congo river, across from the city. The Greeks and Brazilians were encamped elsewhere.
After stepping ashore and being briefed on the situation the governor reviewed his men and ordered a message to be sent to the rebels.
To the rebels,
Ready to begin negations at once. Would like to meet on a ship in the river.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:46 pm

Imperium of The Huron wrote:February 1,1918

To the Netherlands
Dear sir,
Your solders are now authorized to inter the Belgian Congo to help put down the revolt.
Regarding the invitation you sent to me about visiting   Amsterdam, I Would like to thank you for it and inform you that I will be there. I am sure that grate things will come from the meeting.
King Albert I

To Germany
Dear sir,
Your troops are now authorized to inter the Congo for the purpose of putting down the Congo rebellion.
Additional I would like to invite German military advisers to help modernize my army.
King Albert I

Rio Da Janeiro
Minister of economic affairs Paul Hymans had just arrived in the Brazilian capital to began talks concerning a trade agreement with them.
Walking into the office of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, after introducing him self he shook hands with him and sat down.

Boma
"This can't be the city!?" Governor Eugène Henry said as his ship arrived outside the city.
Most of the city was in a state of ruin from the earlier battle and subsequent fires.
Because of this and the fact that the rebels still held the city the governor was forced to take a small boat to the Belgian camp.
The camp which had about 1,500 troops including the 1,000 men from Leopoldville, was located by the auxiliary fort on the south side of the Congo river, across from the city. The Greeks and Brazilians were encamped elsewhere.
After stepping ashore and being briefed on the situation the governor reviewed his men and ordered a message to be sent to the rebels.
To the rebels,

1st of February, 1918

Ngube instead opted to visit the Governor in the Belgian camp, with a guard of about 20 soldiers.
"Ah,, Governor. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Ngube extended his hand at the Governor, smiling at him.
Please Watch

Imperium of The Huron
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium of The Huron » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:53 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:

To the Netherlands
Dear sir,
King Albert I

To Germany
Dear sir,
King Albert I

Rio Da Janeiro

Boma
To the rebels,

1st of February, 1918

Ngube instead opted to visit the Governor in the Belgian camp, with a guard of about 20 soldiers.

"And you as well" the governor said as he shook his hand, "won't you sit down, so we can get down to business?
"This is the Terror of the Congo? And why did he decided to negotiate here?" he thought to him self.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:56 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:1st of February, 1918

"And you as well" the governor said as he shook his hand, "won't you sit down, so we can get down to business?
"This is the Terror of the Congo? And why did he decided to negotiate here?" he thought to him self.

Ngube sat down, staring the Governor in the eye uncomfortably. He pulled out a pack of cigars from his pocket.

"Cigar?"
Please Watch

Imperium of The Huron
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium of The Huron » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:01 pm

Ngube sat down, staring the Governor in the eye uncomfortably. He pulled out a pack of cigars from his pocket.

"Cigar?"

"No thank you, now lets get down to business, what do you want from these talks? Greater freedom? Independence?
Last edited by Imperium of The Huron on Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:08 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Ngube sat down, staring the Governor in the eye uncomfortably. He pulled out a pack of cigars from his pocket.

"Cigar?"

"No thank you, now lets get down to business, what do you want from this talks? Greater freedom? Independence?

"We want total independence. Simple as that."

Ngube lit his cigar, smoking it as he enunciated each word with the firmness of a leader and the strength of a commander.
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Watch

Jerno
Envoy

Founded: Jul 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Jerno » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:12 pm

To the Netherlands
Dear sir,
King Albert I

To Germany
Dear sir,
King Albert I

Rio Da Janeiro

Boma
To the rebels,

February 1,1918
Pedro sat in his desk. He was busy when someone walked in. “Ah Paul was it the Belgian Minister of Economic Affairs, Welcome to Brazil.” With that he stood up and shook his hand. “Take a seat please, before we begin would you like anything? Coffee, water, tea, juice perhaps?”
The Congo
After the Brazilian Forces landed they headed toward an Island ( a different island from the Greek base of operations). They quickly set up camp. The battle was fierce their casualties were up to 300. Joao knew he may need more men, but for now he let his men rest while he came up with a tactical advancement plan. He would also need to contact the Greek and Belgian commanders so they could strategize on how to advance the war to their advantage as well.

Imperium of The Huron
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium of The Huron » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:28 pm

"No thank you, now lets get down to business, what do you want from this talks? Greater freedom? Independence?

"We want total independence. Simple as that."

Ngube lit his cigar, smoking it as he enunciated each word with the firmness of a leader and the strength of a commander.

"And what make you thank will give it to you? The King had authorized me to give you a list of terms for peace. Have a look at them" he said handing him the lest.
1. All Congolese will become full Belgian citizens, with the same rights, duties and responsibilities.
2. You will be allowed to have your own parliament that will have power over most domestic issues.
3. You will surrender all arms in use by your army.
4. Your solders will be used to rebuild the damage from the war.
"The King personally grantees that he will uphold his end of the deal so long as you uphold yours."

Rio De Janeiro
"Coffee please." Paul said taking his seat.
"I hope I haven't interrupted any thing important."
Last edited by Imperium of The Huron on Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Goverment Of The Argentinian State » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:19 pm

To the Netherlands
Dear sir,
King Albert I

To Germany
Dear sir,
King Albert I

Rio Da Janeiro

Boma
To the rebels,

Berlin - Febuary 1st, 1918

To: Belgian Legation

The reply has been noted and our troops in East Africa will begin operations as soon as your telegram has routed to Tanganyka.

As regards the subject of military advisors, the German government would be most pleased to grant such aid to the Belgian government free of charge, on the condition that the Belgian government compromise itself to aquire German armament for her armed forces. In this regard, we can make available two destroyers for loan inmidiately, as well as our shipyards for any order that you may want to place.

Goma, Eastern Congo - Febuary 1st, 1918

The order to march into Belgian Congo had been expected by the Congolese Border Command for a few weeks. Consequently, most troops were ready to move in to the territory. Established shortly after the outbreak of the war, the command is led by Brigadier Tom Von Prince, a former employee of the East Africa Company and friend of the Schutztruppe commander for Africa, General von Lettow-Vorbeck. Its objectives have been defined as the following.

1. Seizure of vital railway junctions in the Eastern Congo.
2. Elimination of any rebel force encountered.
3. Ensuring the maintanance of mineral production in the region.
4. Protection of any white settlers.

For this, the forces are devided into two "Corps" with the I. Corp, consisting of Schutztruppe Brigade N°44 and Schutztruppe Brigade N°12, under the command of von Prince himself, crosses the border directly from Rwanda, while an engineer battalion attached to the unit lays a railway line for supply transport to Mungbere, where the nearest existing railway is located.

The second "Corps," led by Colonel Hermann Dauer, cross Lake Tanganyka by steamer and land a Kalime, where a railway already exist, and is responsible for responding to threats in that sector of the Eastern Congo.

Soya, German Angola - Febuary 1st, 1918

With permission granted to enter the Congo, two Brigades from the schutztruppe in Angola (which the Portuguese were coerced to sell in 1915) are dispatched to relieve the siege of Boma by crossing over the border and marching towards that city,

Further south, two more Brigades are sent on the railway link from Angola to Katanga in order to secure the mining colonies there.

Basic Movements Of German Columns In The Congo

El sistema constitucional del siglo pasado está caduco. El ejército es la última

- Leopoldo Lugones

Jerno
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerno » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:23 pm

Same Day February 1,1918
Rio de Janeiro
“No you haven’t” while Pedro spoke he poured a cup of Brazilian Coffee and handed it to Paul. “I was just figuring out how to deal with Argentine aggression. We were hoping to get American support with the Monroe Dictrine but I shouldn’t waste valuable time with this meeting, let’s get down to business shall we?”
Meanwhile Venceslau Brás was in a different room he was deep in thought. It was a work In making but he wanted to make a military, economic alliance. An alliance with nations around the Western Hemisphere. He knew it was going difficult so he went outside to walk it out. It really was stressing him after all. Meanwhile throughout Brazil people harassed Argentines and waved anti Argentine propaganda. The Brazilian demands hadn’t fazed them at all. He didn’t know if Bolivia was even ready for war. His ambassador to Bolivia, Guillermo Santo-Ferreira had reported that Bolivian Forces were getting ready to reinforce the forts along the Bolivian- Argentine border. He was also planning to get Chile on Bolivia’s side as well. It was a lot to plan and think so he just decided to relax and enjoy his walk.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Goverment Of The Argentinian State » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:27 pm

Jerno wrote:Same Day February 1,1918
Rio de Janeiro
“No you haven’t” while Pedro spoke he poured a cup of Brazilian Coffee and handed it to Paul. “I was just figuring out how to deal with Argentine aggression. We were hoping to get American support with the Monroe Dictrine but I shouldn’t waste valuable time with this meeting, let’s get down to business shall we?”
Meanwhile Venceslau Brás was in a different room he was deep in thought. It was a work In making but he wanted to make a military, economic alliance. An alliance with nations around the Western Hemisphere. He knew it was going difficult so he went outside to walk it out. It really was stressing him after all. Meanwhile throughout Brazil people harassed Argentines and waved anti Argentine propaganda. The Brazilian demands hadn’t fazed them at all. He didn’t know if Bolivia was even ready for war. His ambassador to Bolivia, Guillermo Santo-Ferreira had reported that Bolivian Forces were getting ready to reinforce the forts along the Bolivian- Argentine border. He was also planning to get Chile on Bolivia’s side as well. It was a lot to plan and think so he just decided to relax and enjoy his walk.

(OOC: That was voided when I changed)

- Leopoldo Lugones

Imperium of The Huron
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium of The Huron » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:34 pm

Jerno wrote:Same Day February 1,1918
Rio de Janeiro

"I agree," Paul said sipping his coffee. "As you know the Congolese rebellion has disrupted our supply of raw materials, especially rubber. I was hoping that we could import some until the situation stabilizes. In exchange we can offer Coal or manufactured goods."

Jerno
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerno » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:00 pm

Same Day February 1,1918
Rio de Janeiro
“We can provide rubber yes we can provide more than just rubber as well, and Brazil lacks its resources in coal. Brazil also exports Coffee beans, Sugarcanes, sugar, lumber a variety of tropical fruits,latex,rice, Textiles, clothing, footwear, and paper, as well.” Brazil can offer all this. Although we can produce all this we still need to import a lot. Coal is one of those things.” In exchange Belgium can provide us Coal, glass, steel and I’m not sure what else can Belgium can provide, I’m sure it will get sorted out soon.”
“ We will provide Rubber even when the conflict is over I hope in exchange of future allies for both countries, Yes?”
(OCC: I know you changed countries, but all nations Bolivia,Brazil, and Argentina were really close to starting a war so the conflict can’t be ignored just like that. Something has to happen a war or a diplomatic agreement between all parties that are involved so someone has to finish the conflict.)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse