NATION

PASSWORD

Great War? What Great War? (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:35 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
Dentali wrote:With the united states being such a massive economy and industrial powerhouse as well as a nation of consumers, if they theoretically started an economic boycott of Italy can we all agree it would have massive economic repercussions on the nation?

You'd have to speak to Italy, tis no business of the rest of the server.

arent you to OP? i mean you cant just have plays do whatever they want, they need to adhere to some reality
Last edited by Dentali on Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Goverment Of The Argentinian State
Envoy

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Goverment Of The Argentinian State » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:35 pm

Sapientia Et Bellum wrote:https://imgur.com/a/Fiu8ZjJ

May i suggest a small change; I own Uruguay and Paraguay.
El sistema constitucional del siglo pasado está caduco. El ejército es la última
aristocracia, vale decir la última posibilidad de organización jerárquica que
nos resta entre la disolución demagógica.

- Leopoldo Lugones

Goverment Of The Argentinian State
Envoy

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Goverment Of The Argentinian State » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:37 pm

Dentali wrote:With the united states being such a massive economy and industrial powerhouse as well as a nation of consumers, if they theoretically started an economic boycott of Italy can we all agree it would have massive economic repercussions on the nation?

If I may add an oppinon here, most likely yes, but that wouldn't be that bad. The main thing European countries imported from the U.S before WW1 was Oil.
El sistema constitucional del siglo pasado está caduco. El ejército es la última
aristocracia, vale decir la última posibilidad de organización jerárquica que
nos resta entre la disolución demagógica.

- Leopoldo Lugones

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:37 pm

Dentali wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:You'd have to speak to Italy, tis no business of the rest of the server.

arent you to OP? i mean you cant just have plays do whatever they want, they need to adhere to some reality

I know. I will intervene if necessary, but Ima just saying that primarily its between you and Italy. I'm not gonna make those decisions for you. I'm not your mum.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:39 pm

Goverment Of The Argentinian State wrote:

If I may add an oppinon here, most likely yes, but that wouldn't be that bad. The main thing European countries imported from the U.S before WW1 was Oil.

For italy to get ships to ethiopia and to run their war machines... oil is vital

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:43 pm

Dentali wrote:

For italy to get ships to ethiopia and to run their war machines... oil is vital

If you boycott Italy, I'll turn them communist by giving their communist forces oil. Can guarantee.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Adurnak
Ambassador

Founded: May 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Adurnak » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:48 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Dentali wrote:

If you boycott Italy, I'll turn them communist by giving their communist forces oil. Can guarantee.

Where's the Congo going to get oil from? Wasn't the Congo's main export rubber at this point in time?
I can't believe how long I've been on this website

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:48 pm

Adurnak wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:If you boycott Italy, I'll turn them communist by giving their communist forces oil. Can guarantee.

Where's the Congo going to get oil from? Wasn't the Congo's main export rubber at this point in time?

What do you think rubber is made from?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Adurnak
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Adurnak » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:53 pm

Sapientia Et Bellum wrote:https://imgur.com/a/Fiu8ZjJ

May i suggest a small change; I own Uruguay and Paraguay.

Because of the a Balkan War with different results Greece should have these borders too

https://imgur.com/a/VmmtVWS

Adurnak
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Adurnak » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:58 pm

Adurnak wrote:Where's the Congo going to get oil from? Wasn't the Congo's main export rubber at this point in time?

What do you think rubber is made from?

Two minutes to find out that it's literally from a tree in this case
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_rubber
"Congo rubber
Congo rubber, formerly a major source of rubber, came from vines in the genus Landolphia (L. kirkii, L. heudelotis, and L. owariensis)"

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:01 pm

Adurnak wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:What do you think rubber is made from?

Two minutes to find out that it's literally from a tree in this case
"Congo rubber
Congo rubber, formerly a major source of rubber, came from vines in the genus Landolphia (L. kirkii, L. heudelotis, and L. owariensis)"

I was thinking synthetic rubber whoops. Either way, the Congo has a lot of oil. It has about 5 billion barrels of reserve right now.
Please Watch

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:09 pm

Not really, we dont trade much with the United States.... Italy is kind of an isolationist nation at the moment... Our colonies and the homeland give us plenty of the resources I need with light trading within Europe...
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini
"We are fascists, the heirs of fascism, the fascism of the year 2000" - Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Economics Major (My ideals swing wildly between the parties occasionally due to my current education), Pro Interventionism, Pro NATO, Anti UN, Capitalist, Anti Russia, Anti China (Tariffs are still dumb though), and pro libertarian equality
In The Long Run, We Are All Dead

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:10 pm

And you gotta remember I have Libya
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini
"We are fascists, the heirs of fascism, the fascism of the year 2000" - Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Economics Major (My ideals swing wildly between the parties occasionally due to my current education), Pro Interventionism, Pro NATO, Anti UN, Capitalist, Anti Russia, Anti China (Tariffs are still dumb though), and pro libertarian equality

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:10 pm

Dentali wrote:

Again.... I own Libya which has some of the largest oil reserves in Africa
Last edited by Sapientia Et Bellum on Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:12 pm

Adurnak wrote:Two minutes to find out that it's literally from a tree in this case
"Congo rubber

I was thinking synthetic rubber whoops. Either way, the Congo has a lot of oil. It has about 5 billion barrels of reserve right now.

It has a ton of diamonds too. But right now they’re doing tons of manual labor to produce rubber
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:13 pm

Also, Congo Rebellion, the message wasnt from Pepino or anyone within the government for that matter.... its anonymous

The official policy of the italian government stands against the rebellion
Last edited by Sapientia Et Bellum on Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:15 pm

For feck's sake, it's a well-known mustard gas was banned before WW1. Arch, stop derailing the RP, even unintentionally.
Left Without Edge

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:16 pm

Sapientia Et Bellum wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Again.... I own Libya which has some of the largest oil reserves in Africa

which wasn't discovered till the 50s

http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/libyanoil.htm
Last edited by Dentali on Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:18 pm

Not really, we dont trade much with the United States.... Italy is kind of an isolationist nation at the moment... Our colonies and the homeland give us plenty of the resources I need with light trading within Europe...

italy doesnt have the resources to be independent from the market, definitely not to fund a war machine. You need imports badly

https://www.geoexpro.com/articles/2009/ ... l-in-libya
Last edited by Dentali on Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:18 pm

Attention
A new rule has been added: "Do not, intentionally or unintentionally, derail or degrade the RP".
Left Without Edge

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:20 pm

Dentali wrote:
Sapientia Et Bellum wrote:Again.... I own Libya which has some of the largest oil reserves in Africa

Alt History my boy... alt history... but regardless, I dont trade with the United States... If anything most of my trade is with the Ottoman Empire, Austria, France, and more when it comes to funding my war machine... In fact, your nation is not much of a power yet

The end all be all of it is that an embargo by The United States would not slow my war machine
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:23 pm

Mkay, I need to go to sleep now. Control will pass to SET for now.
Left Without Edge

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:24 pm

If you managed to somehow get an international embargo levied against me, then yeah... that would hurt
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:25 pm

Dentali wrote:

Alt History my boy... alt history... but regardless, I dont trade with the United States... If anything most of my trade is with the Ottoman Empire, Austria, France, and more when it comes to funding my war machine... In fact, your nation is not much of a power yet

The end all be all of it is that an embargo by The United States would not slow my war machine

All powers without the oil production necessary to fund the war machine. Also yea alt history, but the point of convergence is 1912, and you did not establish in your app you somehow got lucky discovering oil in Libya. the reason it took till 1950s is because no one had a reason to look there.

Finally are you guys serious? about the United States not being a power? they have the second largest navy in the world and the largest economy, the largest industrial base and the most resources, plus 100 million people. just because they dont choose to go around conquering shit or have a large standing army doesnt mean they arent a power

Sapientia Et Bellum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sapientia Et Bellum » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:26 pm

"Invasion of Ethiopia will destabilize the region"

lmao... the only people in the region are me and britain.... there is nothing to destabilize
Il Duce Gianfranco Fini

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse