NATION

PASSWORD

Britannia Has Fallen [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Britannia Has Fallen [IC]

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:28 pm

The year is 2043.

The United Kingdom is in a state of anarchy after the assassination of the royal family. King William and the entire royal family are dead. Riots in the streets. Meanwhile, the Labour, Conservative, Liberal Democrats, Green and UKIP parties have collapsed in reaction to the disaster. Britain reaches a crossroads, as instability hits not only it, but the world. Who will step up in this era of chaos and disaster?

OOC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=465534&p=35982632#p35982632
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:01 pm

ROYAL FAMILY DEAD!

In what is suspected to be the greatest terrorist attack in British history, King William along with the entirety of the royal family have been killed in what is thought to be an IRA car bombing. Jon Huntington, our royal correspondent, is in London where large memorials have begun to take place.

"It seems that support for the IRA has mostly remained the same, despite this tragic event which would normally make people go away. Republicans and Monarchists have been clashing in the streets regarding the succession, as many propose that we ought to look for someone else to put on the throne, whilst others declare that we should do away with the whole thing entirely."

Thank you, Jon. These next few weeks will be marked down as a national holiday and memorials held for each and every royal across the nation. Prime MInister Alexander Hyde promises to take swift action and handle the issue of the succession in a swift and orderly manner.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:24 pm

Emily got out of the tube and realized she missed 3 calls from the London Chief of Police. She looked on the streets and people were mourning. She called the him back.

“Hello? What’s going on?” She saw some people clashing in the streets outside of the station, but didn’t want to be rude and ask anyone what was actually going on.

“The entire Royal Family is dead.”

“You’re kidding, right?”

“No. The IRA most likely did this. There was a car bombing, and...”

Emily was shocked at what had happened. She couldn’t believe that the IRA managed to bypass all means of security and kill every single member of the Royal family. It was the worst terrorist attack in history.

“I want every police officer dispatched, even if they’re not supposed to be working. You can arm them with knives, or whatever weapons you find.”

“I contacted my staff and we’ll deploy more officers shortly,” the Police Chief responded.

Emily hung up the phone and ran out of the tube station. She got in a taxi and told the driver to take her to Downing Street. She needed to get to the Prime Minister. In the taxi, she called the Chief of Police back.

“Do we have a suspect?”

“We’re just here to prevent future attacks and to secure London. We’ve handed the case to MI5 and MI6. They wouldn’t share information with us.”

Emily’s taxi arrived at Downing Street.

“I have to go, I’m gonna meet with the Prime Minister. I’ll call you back after the meeting. If anything happens, feel free to deploy firearm teams.”

She passed the police and knocked on the door to 10 Downing Street, even though she had never been there before.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:16 pm

The Archipelago Territory wrote:Emily got out of the tube and realized she missed 3 calls from the London Chief of Police. She looked on the streets and people were mourning. She called the him back.

“Hello? What’s going on?” She saw some people clashing in the streets outside of the station, but didn’t want to be rude and ask anyone what was actually going on.

“The entire Royal Family is dead.”

“You’re kidding, right?”

“No. The IRA most likely did this. There was a car bombing, and...”

Emily was shocked at what had happened. She couldn’t believe that the IRA managed to bypass all means of security and kill every single member of the Royal family. It was the worst terrorist attack in history.

“I want every police officer dispatched, even if they’re not supposed to be working. You can arm them with knives, or whatever weapons you find.”

“I contacted my staff and we’ll deploy more officers shortly,” the Police Chief responded.

Emily hung up the phone and ran out of the tube station. She got in a taxi and told the driver to take her to Downing Street. She needed to get to the Prime Minister. In the taxi, she called the Chief of Police back.

“Do we have a suspect?”

“We’re just here to prevent future attacks and to secure London. We’ve handed the case to MI5 and MI6. They wouldn’t share information with us.”

Emily’s taxi arrived at Downing Street.

“I have to go, I’m gonna meet with the Prime Minister. I’ll call you back after the meeting. If anything happens, feel free to deploy firearm teams.”

She passed the police and knocked on the door to 10 Downing Street, even though she had never been there before.

Prime Minister Hyde, having just woken up and barely even put his clothes on, sat next to the coffee machine as he listened it whirr, giving him some sort of early peace before the hustle of business. He hadn't even seen the news, only the protesters.

"Mr. Prime Minister, someone's at the door."

"Who is it?"

"The Mayor of London."

Hyde almost scoffed at the thought of meeting her, being in the middle of a national crisis. Even a COBR emergency meeting didn't bother him this early in the morning. He had even become notorious among cabinet ministers for not accepting any contact before 10am. But now it was the Mayor of London, who was less popular than even..well..you know who. The bastard that spun Britain into this fate anyway. At least he bothered to do a good job of being Mayor of London. Prime Minister Johnson was..ideologically agreeable, but reckless. Not stupid. Just plain ol' recklessness. Hubris. But enough about Prime Minister Johnson.

"Tell her to wait 5 minutes. I'm not dressed yet."

He quickly dashed over to his cabinet after hastily sipping his coffee - which turned out a bit worse than usual - scrambling to put on a suit. He still needed to give this woman some (undeserved, in his mind) respect due to her station. After dressing up, he opened the door, still ruffled from having just woken up.

"What is it? I'm aware London is sinking, but there's no reason you had to wake me up this early. The Climate Meeting's scheduled for 12:35pm, so unless it's an emergency, can you kindly wait 3 hours?"
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Watch

Return to Portal to the Multiverse