NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political Roleplay Pt. XII OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:11 pm

McGareth is the first ever elected Republican Senator from Hawaii

He is also among my least favorite characters in the RP
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:12 pm

Alozia wrote:
Uttland wrote:They’ve been saying that about Biden since the beginning. ‘Oh he’s going to gaffe his way down’, ‘oh he’s gonna fail’, ‘oh his record will destroy him’, etc. But his polling is holding steady around 30%. I think he’ll make it as the moderate candidate.

Clinton had a lead of 30 percentage points at this stage back in '08 and Biden's staffers are considering scaling down the amount of his campaign events cause his brain is melting.

Replacing one guy with dementia with another guy with dementia doesn't make me very enthusiastic.

But there is no Barack Obama this time around. And plus Biden is not the same as Clinton when it comes to his front runner status, and has several advantages over her. And Biden is mentally fine; he’s always been this gaffe prone and word-sloppy. There is no evidence of a cognitive decline; he is consistent as he was ten, twenty years ago. He’s older, so he certainly does have less physical stamina, that I will give you, but mentally he seems fine. People are just picking at small things.
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:12 pm

Sanabel wrote:McGareth is the first ever elected Republican Senator from Hawaii

Not true: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiram_Fong

But Who’s your least favorite? Mine’s should be very obvious.
Last edited by Uttland on Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:19 pm

Uttland wrote:

Who’s your least favorite?

Mine’s should be very obvious.

My three cents: Kingston and Winslow are my least favourite characters as far as my own characters go.

I dislike Taylor for his counter-productive praxis; I used to dislike Stansky, I like him more nowadays; O'Leary is on the list for his weird incest advocacy; Denisevich is annoying for always being on Winslow's case.

I don't think there's a character I really dislike.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:20 pm

Uttland wrote:

Spicy Latina is my least favorite, I think.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:25 pm

Alozia wrote:
Uttland wrote:Who’s your least favorite?

My three cents: Kingston and Winslow are my least favourite characters as far as my own characters go.

I dislike Taylor for his counter-productive praxis; I used to dislike Stansky, I like him more nowadays; O'Leary is on the list for his weird incest advocacy; Denisevich is annoying for always being on Winslow's case.

Wait how is Denis on Winslow’s case?

Hookstraten is my least favorite of my own because I find him abhorrent and cringey. Torres just isn’t fun and was a self-insert. DeLucca I dislike as well.

I will harbor a never ended hatred of Eberhardt til the day I die because his age and Mary Sue-ness. Amaras has abhorrent views and reminds me of Ted Cruz on steroids. Reed I dislike for reasons to to Eberhardt. There’s Spicy as well, similar to Ebby and Reed.

Oddly most the characters I hate/dislike belong to Pro
Last edited by Uttland on Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:26 pm

Uttland wrote:

Ah yes, Hiram Fong, Sydney’s other political inspiration.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:29 pm

Taylor is my least favorite, very self-destructive. O’Leary is second, for the incest stance and for his general know-it-allness.

My least favorite of my own, is Morton.
Last edited by Bruke on Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:29 pm

Alozia wrote:
Uttland wrote:Who’s your least favorite?

I absolutely detest Taylor. He was created to be a 'hate' character. Not a sabotage or spite character, but a character supposed to be hated. The ultimate, incompetent hypocrite. I've made him the least likeable I can to be a hate sink of sorts. Of course, only an OOC hate sink....
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:32 pm

Bruke wrote:Taylor is my least favorite, very self-destructive. O’Leary is second, for the incest stance and for his general know-it-allness.

I really don’t see why incest is this controversial. So much so that that you’ve become the second person to dislike O’Leary because of it.

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:34 pm

Uttland wrote:
Alozia wrote:My three cents: Kingston and Winslow are my least favourite characters as far as my own characters go.

Wait how is Denis on Winslow’s case?

Hookstraten is my least favorite of my own because I find him abhorrent and cringey. Torres just isn’t fun and was a self-insert. DeLucca I dislike as well.

I will harbor a never ended hatred of Eberhardt til the day I die because his age and Mary Sue-ness. Amaras has abhorrent views and reminds me of Ted Cruz on steroids. Reed I dislike for reasons to to Eberhardt. There’s Spicy as well, similar to Ebby and Reed.

Mostly OOC stuff. There was also that one phone call and Winslow had to go behind his back to get Reed's phone number so the two could communicate.

Hook is kinda funny. He could use some character of his own, though.

I would hate Eberhardt, but whenever I try I picture his perfect face, same thing goes for Reed. (Also when I think of Reed I think of Reed). Amaras is an annoying boomer although Cruz is far worse. (He's like an annoying weasel).

Uttland wrote:
Bruke wrote:Taylor is my least favorite, very self-destructive. O’Leary is second, for the incest stance and for his general know-it-allness.

I really don’t see why incest is this controversial. So much so that that you’ve become the second person to dislike O’Leary because of it.

O'Leary tried to attach struggle for incest rights (???) to the LGBT rights movement. Big no from me.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:37 pm

Alozia wrote:
Uttland wrote:Wait how is Denis on Winslow’s case?

Mostly OOC stuff. There was also that one phone call and Winslow had to go behind his back to get Reed's phone number so the two could communicate.

I would hate Eberhardt, but whenever I try I picture his perfect face, same thing goes for Reed. (Also when I think of Reed I think of Reed). Amaras is an annoying boomer although Cruz is far worse. (He's like an annoying weasel).

Uttland wrote:I really don’t see why incest is this controversial. So much so that that you’ve become the second person to dislike O’Leary because of it.

O'Leary tried to attach struggle for incest rights (???) to the LGBT rights movement. Big no from me.

Back when Alozia was much more inactive I would have Simon contact her frequently to take charge in the Senate. The inaction (which yea OOC reasons for it) pissed off Simon, especially after Spicy got eliminated
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:38 pm

Dentali wrote:
Alozia wrote:Mostly OOC stuff. There was also that one phone call and Winslow had to go behind his back to get Reed's phone number so the two could communicate.

Back when Alozia was much more inactive I would have Simon contact her frequently to take charge in the Senate. The inaction (which yea OOC reasons for it) pissed off Simon, especially after Spicy got eliminated

Can't blame you tbh. I'm really unmotivated and lazy whenever I have to do anything with Winslow.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:40 pm

Alozia wrote:
Uttland wrote:Wait how is Denis on Winslow’s case?

Uttland wrote:I really don’t see why incest is this controversial. So much so that that you’ve become the second person to dislike O’Leary because of it.

Ahh so Denis is kinda gatekeeper type.

I used to find Hook funny; now he’s just a burden. I want to find a way to get rid of him. Might have him go on one last hijink.

Amaras is almost a caricature of Cruz. At least Cruz would not condone the murder of 50 Americans, unlike Amaras.

Did he? I don’t remember that. But it’s not the most invalid comparison or attachment. It’s not pedophilia. It

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:40 pm

How's Taylor's latest attempts at a roast?

Horrible. If he was roasting a chicken, he'd have salmonella.

EDIT: Also, where's the Mateo-Anderson meeting taking place?
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:43 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:How's Taylor's latest attempts at a roast?

“Facts don’t care about your feelings, GOPtard”

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:43 pm

Uttland wrote:

It’s pretty much a guaranteed losing issue that does nothing but stir up outrage.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:45 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:How's Taylor's latest attempts at a roast?

Have him jump out his bungalow window again.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:47 pm

Meelducan wrote:

Have him jump out his bungalow window again.

He lives in Seattle. How is he going to live in a bungalow?
Please Watch

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:49 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Meelducan wrote:Have him jump out his bungalow window again.

He lives in Seattle. How is he going to live in a bungalow?

There are bungalows in Seattle, goose.
Marianne 2024:

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:49 pm

Uttland wrote:
Alozia wrote:Mostly OOC stuff. There was also that one phone call and Winslow had to go behind his back to get Reed's phone number so the two could communicate.

Ahh so Denis is kinda gatekeeper type.

I used to find Hook funny; now he’s just a burden. I want to find a way to get rid of him. Might have him go on one last hijink.

Amaras is almost a caricature of Cruz. At least Cruz would not condone the murder of 50 Americans, unlike Amaras.

Did he? I don’t remember that. But it’s not the most invalid comparison or attachment. It’s not pedophilia. It

He said somehing along the lines of "you can't be for gay rights if you don't support incest legalisation". Big yikes for me.

Did Amaras really do that. What event was he referencing, Utt?... What event?... Utt? I think I know which one and if that's the case then yeah, fuck Amaras BIIIIG time

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:50 pm

Uttland wrote:

“Facts don’t care about your feelings, GOPtard”

Too bad Trump didn't get elected for President, tbh. This would be a million times more fun. Living under Reed's like living under Owen B.K. Shrub: problematic policies but nobody really cares enough about them.
Please Watch

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:50 pm

Meelducan wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:He lives in Seattle. How is he going to live in a bungalow?

There are bungalows in Seattle, goose.

Let me clarify: He lives in the very centre of Seattle.
Please Watch

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:52 pm

Alozia wrote:
Uttland wrote:Ahh so Denis is kinda gatekeeper type.

He said somehing along the lines of "you can't be for gay rights if you don't support incest legalisation". Big yikes for me.

Did Amaras really do that. What event was he referencing, Utt?... What event?... Utt? I think I know which one and if that's the case then yeah, fuck Amaras BIIIIG time

Oh yeah. That’s taking it to an extreme.

During a vote to condemn the Pulse Nightclub Shooting in Orlando and honoring the victims, Amaras just had to ‘go to the bathroom’ at the time of the vote, being the only Senator not present. It was a while back.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:55 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Meelducan wrote:There are bungalows in Seattle, goose.

Let me clarify: He lives in the very centre of Seattle.

How does he afford a bungalow in the very Center of Seattle??
Marianne 2024:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse