NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political Roleplay Pt. XII OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:28 pm

Dentali wrote:Come on guys let’s step it up with Congress, this bill is crazy and centralizing voting more than ever before by large margins... this kind of stuff wouldn’t pass irl not without major debate can we please get more questions? Sometimes I feel like it’s just me asking questions on bills that really deserve more looks

I have some things I wanted Rhodes to ask. I’ll see if I can get them in.
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:29 pm

Uttland wrote:
Dentali wrote:Come on guys let’s step it up with Congress, this bill is crazy and centralizing voting more than ever before by large margins... this kind of stuff wouldn’t pass irl not without major debate can we please get more questions? Sometimes I feel like it’s just me asking questions on bills that really deserve more looks

I have some things I wanted Rhodes to ask. I’ll see if I can get them in.

Thank you
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:30 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Uttland wrote:We need more fundraisers and congresspeople doing fundraising in general. Like why haven't any rookie legislators been doing phonecalls?

Stev had a fundraiser/rich people schmoozing of the ballroom variety

Anderson has mentioned doing them and when I’m back from vacation tomorrow I will post about a republican RNC fundraiser in California if anyone is interested in being there
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:33 pm

Dentali wrote:
Uttland wrote:I have some things I wanted Rhodes to ask. I’ll see if I can get them in.

Thank you

Like seriously how are Braille ballots supposed to work? It’s a minor point, since Anderson raised all the big ones, but that irks me.

Also a 5% recount threshold? That’s insanely high.
Last edited by Uttland on Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:36 pm

Dentali wrote:

Anderson has mentioned doing them and when I’m back from vacation tomorrow I will post about a republican RNC fundraiser in California if anyone is interested in being there

Lee certainly will attend

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:48 pm

Probably not entirely correct procedure, but whatever.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:05 pm

Dentali wrote:

Cao will certainly be there.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:10 pm

Dentali wrote:

Is Cox allowed to come?
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:33 pm

Harrington will go to the fundraiser
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:16 am

Uttland wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Thank you

Like seriously how are Braille ballots supposed to work? It’s a minor point, since Anderson raised all the big ones, but that irks me.

I'm not sure what's too complicated about Braille ballots
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:35 am

I figure he was talking about Emby but IC it makes sense she'd hear it as at her

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:01 am

Frank needs more Johnson speech lessons

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:11 am

Uttland wrote:Like seriously how are Braille ballots supposed to work? It’s a minor point, since Anderson raised all the big ones, but that irks me.

The visually impaired vote from home by absentee ballots/mail-in votes, and if they do vote in person, most polling stations include audio and touch screen voting machines. Not to mention, not all blind people read Braille. This also means the government would have to shell out to pay for textured paper in order to make a Braille ballot.

I’ll let Stevenson answer Harrington question first however.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:38 am

Uttland wrote:

The visually impaired vote from home by absentee ballots/mail-in votes, and if they do vote in person, most polling stations include audio and touch screen voting machines. Not to mention, not all blind people read Braille. This also means the government would have to shell out to pay for textured paper in order to make a Braille ballot.

That's why the bill uses Braille as an example and sets up for other non visual methods. And yeah, they'd obviously have to make the ballots

It just seems like a weird objection

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:41 am

Uttland wrote:The visually impaired vote from home by absentee ballots/mail-in votes, and if they do vote in person, most polling stations include audio and touch screen voting machines. Not to mention, not all blind people read Braille. This also means the government would have to shell out to pay for textured paper in order to make a Braille ballot.

That's why the bill uses Braille as an example and sets up for other non visual methods. And yeah, they'd obviously have to make the ballots

It just seems like a weird objection

I’m trying to tap into the Rhodes mindset. This feels like something he would do.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:50 am

Samara, Frank johnson, and Stevenson are literally all from Massachusetts lol

Wait no Frank is PA, John Kerry confused me
Last edited by Uttland on Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:01 am

That McGar thing was basically what I was expecting a little more of reacts wise

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:11 am

Kristenbot 3100 is malfunctioning and stuck on repeat.

Was that intentional?

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:16 am

Uttland wrote:Kristenbot 3100 is malfunctioning and stuck on repeat.

Was that intentional?

Wtf happened to responding to Harrington?

Ugh, this website sucks

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:14 am

Shout out to whoever pointed William Lewis to Caldwell's Mass. Office when Congress is in session lmao.

I'll just pretend it's on an off-day.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:20 am

Ok, I have to ask.

Endem, my good friend, what is that black symbol on your flag? Asking for a friend who thinks it's vaguely familiar.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:35 am

Stevenson has not really answered Harrington’s question
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:35 am

Alozia wrote:Ok, I have to ask.

Endem, my good friend, what is that black symbol on your flag? Asking for a friend who thinks it's vaguely familiar.

It's either a fascist symbol (yes, they're allowed, just not the swastika. I once got away with using the nazi eagle in front of a moderator) or a Hindu/Buddhist one.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:36 am

Sanabel wrote:Stevenson has not really answered Harrington’s question

Stevenson is being dodgy overall.

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:38 am

San, wanna do the Stevensons meeting? (Thomas-Franklin meeting)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse