NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political Roleplay Pt. XII OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:31 pm

Jovuistan wrote:Can someone give me a run down of the Washington special election so far?

A Representative, Martin Taylor, was elected in 2016 as a Democrat, after two failed runs, I believe as an Independent. He subsequently joined the Progressive Party after his victory. Very recently, he made something of his political debut with a major rally in Seattle, which would become quite controversial for its far-left declarations and rhetoric, reaching the national stage, particularly after the Deputy Attorney General appeared to tweet support. Taylor, in his fifteen minutes of fame, or infamy, would ultimately enter a debate with Rep. Stevenson (R-MA) and was widely perceived as having been badly defeated. As a result, he would, after goading from Rep. Harrington (R-SC), resign his seat, but announce his intention of running in the Special Election that he had created, seemingly to assure himself of a popular mandate. He would, not long after, after additional Twitter feuding, and being publicly disowned by the Progressives, announce that he would not run in his own race, but a party that he created, the American Labour Party, would run a candidate, not himself. After two attempted suicides outside of the public eye, he has rededicated himself to advancing that party.

Two candidates are announced. Florence Tsai is an entrepreneur, though removed from that career thanks to the recession, running for the Progressive nomination. Anita Flores is likely already known, and is running for the Liberty Party, in what is at least partially a fairly open publicity stunt.

Taylor is currently packing up his Washington office, and opening a chance meeting with Appleby.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:34 pm

Dentali wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:Can someone give me a run down of the Washington special election so far?

im surprised we are even running it, its using up a lot of character slots considering its general lack of importance

Thus far the only announced candidates are a new player's first character, and a longstanding character stepping into the election, no current player has created a new character for it. The Democrats likely will need a candidate, but I imagine the GOP can go without, given the low odds of success.

I had actually initially considered offering a fairly beatable Democratic candidate to provide an opponent of that party prior to Flores's involvement.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:35 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Dentali wrote:

im surprised we are even running it, its using up a lot of character slots considering its general lack of importance

Thus far the only announced candidates are a new player's first character, and a longstanding character stepping into the election, no current player has created a new character for it. The Democrats likely will need a candidate, but I imagine the GOP can go without, given the low odds of success.

I had actually initially considered offering a fairly beatable Democratic candidate to provide an opponent of that party prior to Flores's involvement.

If you are interested in using the race to aid in reintegrating into the roleplay, Jovuistan, you can certainly apply for the Democratic candidate, if interested.
Male.

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:36 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Prolieum wrote:

If you are interested in using the race to aid in reintegrating into the roleplay, Jovuistan, you can certainly apply for the Democratic candidate, if interested.

That's my plan at this point.
Die nasty!!111

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:42 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
Prolieum wrote:

That's my plan at this point.

Person in charge of the local food bank!
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:43 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuesday_Group

I wonder if we have any members of this in the house? It’s a very moderate Republican caucus. To the left of the Main Street Partnership even.
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:44 pm

Uttland wrote:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuesday_Group

I wonder if we have any members of this in the house? It’s a very moderate Republican caucus. To the left of the Main Street Partnership even.

Anderson is probably in either the Mainstreet or Tuesday Group i haven't decided

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:12 pm

Actually, San and I are going to set something up real quick.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:22 pm

Vaquas wrote:Actually, San and I are going to set something up real quick.

We can always do it OOC under the assumption it happened now
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:29 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Vaquas wrote:Actually, San and I are going to set something up real quick.

We can always do it OOC under the assumption it happened now

That works just fine, nevermind.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:46 pm

Pro and TNS

Can we assume Anderson and Samara did campaign stops during the timeskip? If not can i just montage it post time skip? Also how long is the timeskip?

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:41 pm

Dentali wrote:Pro and TNS

Can we assume Anderson and Samara did campaign stops during the timeskip? If not can i just montage it post time skip? Also how long is the timeskip?

Ofc, but the same must go for Ramalan, Stevenson, and all their competitors.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:17 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Dentali wrote:Pro and TNS

Ofc, but the same must go for Ramalan, Stevenson, and all their competitors.

I think the frequency of my events compared to the frequency of the the competitors should give me an advantage in that realm. I have Ramalan beat by a ratio of 20 to 1

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:09 am

Vaquas wrote:
Sanabel wrote:We can always do it OOC under the assumption it happened now

That works just fine, nevermind.

I have no issue with delaying if needed, I only need clarification.
Male.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:10 am

We will move forward.
Male.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:37 am

Cant wait to move forward

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:37 am

When can we get some Virginia polling

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:21 am

Al right, let's get started!

Huerta thing first
Last edited by Tallahassee News Station on Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:23 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Al right, let's get started!

Huerta thing first

Oh youre such a tease, just do it already. this is what this RP needs!

Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:25 am

Wasn't really something thar worked with a big writeup IC, especially since its not getting played up rn, but there's Huerta's funny little scheme. Got set up suuuper long ago, basically just been waiting for IC time to pass.

Basically she doesn't care even slightly about baseball, but she's gonna just get all the best/most expensive players she can and make tickets super cheap and run the whole thing at a loss to basically get some extra Florida pride/success and good PR or just up her name rec/approval with fans (voters) in the city/area, unexpected way to get goodwill and political advantage from her money outside the political circle.

A football team would have been so much better tbh and probably more fun but no one was selling IRL so she's doing it Jeb Bush style

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:25 am

Now for the big stuff!

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:26 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Wasn't really something thar worked with a big writeup IC, especially since its not getting played up rn, but there's Huerta's funny little scheme. Got set up suuuper long ago, basically just been waiting for IC time to pass.

Basically she doesn't care even slightly about baseball, but she's gonna just get all the best/most expensive players she can and make tickets super cheap and run the whole thing at a loss to basically get some extra Florida pride/success and good PR or just up her name rec/approval with fans (voters) in the city/area, unexpected way to get goodwill and political advantage from her money outside the political circle.

A football team would have been so much better tbh and probably more fun but no one was selling IRL so she's doing it Jeb Bush style

Jesus what is her net worth

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:27 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Wasn't really something thar worked with a big writeup IC, especially since its not getting played up rn, but there's Huerta's funny little scheme. Got set up suuuper long ago, basically just been waiting for IC time to pass.

Interesting development and choice. Not a bad strategy either. Interested to see whether this will have any sizeable effect on her re-election.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:29 am

And there's the real juicy stuff!

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:29 am

Damn I was hoping for a sex scandal

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse