NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political Roleplay Pt. XII OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:33 pm

Alozia wrote:Sheriff Pepper was present at the Equality March, right?

Yeah
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:35 pm

Dentali wrote:
The Archipelago Territory wrote:*Edmund Rainden

im very aware of the name change

Actually Sanabel told me to have Miller investigate Schlang and gave me evidence. I’ve contacted him several times after but he hasn’t responded. I asked him for his opinion on this now by tg.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:36 pm

Who is Sheriff Pepper?
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:38 pm

Meelducan wrote:Who is Sheriff Pepper?

Fill in cop character who's showed up a couple times before when police were needed

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:40 pm

Does Taylor have any chance at going back to any sort of elected office? If not, I'll just make him ALP Chairman.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:44 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Does Taylor have any chance at going back to any sort of elected office? If not, I'll just make him ALP Chairman.

their is always a chance... albeit slim. Honestly his resignation after doing absolutely nothing and then admitting to defrauding the public to win his election is utterly crippling. Basically absolutely no one has any reason to believe him.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:46 pm

Dentali wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Does Taylor have any chance at going back to any sort of elected office? If not, I'll just make him ALP Chairman.

their is always a chance... albeit slim. Honestly his resignation after doing absolutely nothing and then admitting to defrauding the public to win his election is utterly crippling. Basically absolutely no one has any reason to believe him.

Should he just lie low for a few years, and have him be some sort of left-wing activist as people forget the resignation and whatever he did in the past?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:46 pm

He had a tough race for his seat but still a possible one before he dropped out of that. It's still close enough that he could probably try to get back in

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:47 pm

Dentali wrote:

And his resignation was stupid too. Then the people were probably annoyed that they had to re-elect him even though they already elected him, and that he dropped out too.
YANG GANG 2020

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:51 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:

He had a tough race for his seat but still a possible one before he dropped out of that. It's still close enough that he could probably try to get back in

Yeah but he'll get flamethrowered for it. Can he be saved now?
Please Watch

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:59 pm

It's time for Taylor's slice of life.
Please Watch

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:02 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:

Yeah but he'll get flamethrowered for it. Can he be saved now?

Of course he will, that's just taking the hit for his action

He could still win. It's not an easy road but its basically scrapping out all the stops to get into the runoff and hoping he ends up with a GOP candidate (or Flores) in the general as a beatable opponent

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:07 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Yeah but he'll get flamethrowered for it. Can he be saved now?

He could still win. It's not an easy road but its basically scrapping out all the stops to get into the runoff and hoping he ends up with a GOP candidate (or Flores) in the general as a beatable opponent

He's been reduced to the point where he's attempting suicide (and failing because the rules don't allow me to kill him even if he would realistically commit suicide), so I think that there would be an ALP candidate willing to take him on.
Please Watch

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:09 pm

He's been reduced to the point where he's attempting suicide (and failing because the rules don't allow me to kill him even if he would realistically commit suicide), so I think that there would be an ALP candidate willing to take him on.

I don't think the guy is going to get a primary challenge from someone in the party that he founded in the first few weeks of its existence

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:12 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:He's been reduced to the point where he's attempting suicide (and failing because the rules don't allow me to kill him even if he would realistically commit suicide), so I think that there would be an ALP candidate willing to take him on.

I don't think the guy is going to get a primary challenge from someone in the party that he founded in the first few weeks of its existence

Fair point. If I can get the AFL-CIO and all the unions behind me, I'll either turn the ALP into a syndicalist party (Syndicalism is a far-left ideology which advocates for union control over society) or run in the race. Maybe both.
Please Watch

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:13 pm

Fair point. If I can get the AFL-CIO and all the unions behind me, I'll either turn the ALP into a syndicalist party (Syndicalism is a far-left ideology which advocates for union control over society) or run in the race. Maybe both.

If he was still running he maybe had a long shot at the unions

He kinda lost that when he dropped out of his own race

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:13 pm

I'm not sure if pushing even further left is the best idea, and would the unions even get behind him?
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:16 pm

Uttland wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Fair point. If I can get the AFL-CIO and all the unions behind me, I'll either turn the ALP into a syndicalist party (Syndicalism is a far-left ideology which advocates for union control over society) or run in the race. Maybe both.

I'm not sure if pushing even further left is the best idea, and would the unions even get behind him?

It's the most pro-union ideology outside of putting scabs on the firing line. He has a meeting scheduled with the Chairman of the AFL-CIO, it just hasn't begun yet because none of the Co-Ops or Prolieum saw the post.
Please Watch

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:20 pm

Uttland wrote:I'm not sure if pushing even further left is the best idea, and would the unions even get behind him?

It's the most pro-union ideology outside of putting scabs on the firing line. He has a meeting scheduled with the Chairman of the AFL-CIO, it just hasn't begun yet because none of the Co-Ops or Prolieum saw the post.

Right but I doubt the unions themselves would ever be so bold and even support such an ideology. unions in the US are weird, keep that in mind.
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:23 pm

Uttland wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:It's the most pro-union ideology outside of putting scabs on the firing line. He has a meeting scheduled with the Chairman of the AFL-CIO, it just hasn't begun yet because none of the Co-Ops or Prolieum saw the post.

Right but I doubt the unions themselves would ever be so bold and even support such an ideology. unions in the US are weird, keep that in mind.

1950s flashback
Please Watch

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:23 pm

Uttland wrote:I'm not sure if pushing even further left is the best idea, and would the unions even get behind him?

I thought I responded to that? The chair is not going to want to take the political heat of association until Taylor cools off a bit

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:27 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:It's the most pro-union ideology outside of putting scabs on the firing line. He has a meeting scheduled with the Chairman of the AFL-CIO, it just hasn't begun yet because none of the Co-Ops or Prolieum saw the post.

I thought I responded to that? The chair is not going to want to take the political heat of association until Taylor cools off a bit

You didn't. I searched up. I think we should have the meeting on August 31st in order to ensure that the heat's off a bit.
Please Watch

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:38 pm

There are unconfirmed rumors that Erdogan has possibly had a heart attack and died
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:39 pm

You didn't. I searched up. I think we should have the meeting on August 31st in order to ensure that the heat's off a bit.

lol i think it will take literal years

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:41 pm

Dentali wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:You didn't. I searched up. I think we should have the meeting on August 31st in order to ensure that the heat's off a bit.

lol i think it will take literal years

Once the baseball game is done we’ll probably start moving slightly faster.
YANG GANG 2020

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse