NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political Roleplay Pt. XII OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:10 am

Dentali wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:
There were some people upset about some stuff, big fight, ended up going too far, some people left, some apologies, now we're moving on again, you can Rp like normal

Thats a gross oversimplification

Dude, leave it in the past. You’re the only person how continues talking about it.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:22 am

Meelducan wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Thats a gross oversimplification

Dude, leave it in the past. You’re the only person how continues talking about it.

Yea because I don't want to leave the RP but I will
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:51 am

Dentali wrote:
Meelducan wrote:Dude, leave it in the past. You’re the only person how continues talking about it.

Yea because I don't want to leave the RP but I will

i mean, I'm new here (but not new enough as to be accused of being a meatpuppet) but I agree: they did present some great points. Even before this whole thing came out, I believed that the RP was moving too slow and that Republicans were too dominant.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:23 am

Another statement. I seem to be making a habit of them, but this may break it. This one is particularly difficult.

I will not bury the lede. I have been thinking and reflecting a great deal over these last two weeks, and I am increasingly considering retirement.

This is not a new consideration. It has flitted about at various times, but has taken up a more significant position in my mind over the last several months. The recent incident was not the impetus of this, but has done something to perhaps sharpen the focus on it, and provide additional perspective.

To take from The Lord of the Rings, I have been ever-increasingly feeling 'thin, and stretched', and very much in need of a holiday. In some ways, I feel much like a President after their term of office, coming out aged far more than their years. Running the roleplay has been taxing, the visible actions of running the machinery of the roleplay in applications, Congress, rosters, summaries, and the like, added to driving it forward in the actions of the Presidency and others, and more behind-the-scenes action in looking to manage and assist players in roleplay and non-roleplay matters, and draft concepts and plans for the future happenings of the roleplay, amending, recreating, or discarding them by what had and is happening. It has been a significant time commitment that has become increasingly difficult in the context of full-time work and other personal real-life responsibilities. That does, however, come with the territory, that sort of work should be expected in a roleplay of this size, significance, and longevity, quite frankly an unprecedented combination of the three. Perhaps more significant is that this has been a time without a single true 'holiday'. Over the last three years, the roleplay has managed to take a position of dominance in my real-life affairs and scheduling. I feel the obligation and responsibility to check in, and to be accessible, ready at hand to address any issues in the roleplay in-thread or by telegram, or simply to manage the function of Congress. The importance of that in seeking to maintain the roleplay and the outsized weight it has has required planning real-life happenings around being able to have the time and ability to check-in on mobile, and, on at least three occasions, I have cancelled or foregone events of some significance in real-life due to roleplay obligations. I have often envied the breaks that many players have taken, to step away for some months, even CTE, and return to find the roleplay still running, still maintained in that absence, doing something that I knew I never could.

I believed that I understood these responsibilities, and accepted them. That was done, at first, with a sense of purpose, seeking to preserve, even rescue, a roleplay that seemed to be crumbling when I first stepped in as OP in the early chaos in Krugeristan's time. I took some pride in that, pride in that, though matters had gone so far as for the roleplay to be openly declared dead, we righted the ship, and sailed on. That sense of purpose became one of enjoyment in running Washington as the roleplay began to hum along with great success. While the success did not abate, administrative responsibilities began to feel more burdensome, to where this seemed a second or third job, with its high points, certainly, but work nonetheless. Over the last several months, the responsibility seemed to move from a job to a grimly and tiredly executed duty. It was at this time that I first started to seriously think about retirement, but I could not, I felt that it would be a betrayal of the members of this roleplay and those enjoying it, that I would be taking something away from others out of selfishness on my own part. So, I continued.

Even in that, I knew, even when I did not acknowledge it, the obvious fact that however long I could continue to perform my duties, it could not be forever, I could not have to maneuver my life around responsibilities here for decades on. There had to be, at some point, an off-ramp, even if I could not envision one. I do not know if this truly is one or if, more likely, I am stopping in the middle of the road.

I know that there has been talk of a successor roleplay. If it does come about, it will have my blessing, and whatever permissions are required for it. It will not be the same, I do not think we expect it to be, but I hope that there is an opportunity for there to be somewhere for the players here to go, some kind of home. Stripping this kind of roleplay opportunity from this roleplay's members by my retirement is the very last thing I want, and the fear of doing that, destroying a good experience for others out of craven self-interest, has been much of the reason I have remained.

I feel that I should re-write this statement one more time, it has been some hours of revision seeking to find the right words, but it is as good as it is going to get. I have, intentionally, looked to avoid going too far into the personal during my time stewarding the roleplay, and I am not the most skilled at expressing myself now when it comes down to it. This is ultimately what I have to say as best as I can say it, and it is incredibly hard. That same sense of responsibility that has been what kept me going now seems like it is being shirked, and the pain of that feeling comes with the more emotional measure of simply not wanting to be done, not wanting bring an end to a happy past.

That cannot happen, for certain, until I bring an end to this message, itself a difficult task. I feel both like there is so much more to say, and that I already begin to say the same things again in different words and should cut this down. I have no special final line to end this on. This has been a long time coming, but still feels too soon.

-Prolieum
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:37 pm

Prolieum wrote:
Another statement. I seem to be making a habit of them, but this may break it. This one is particularly difficult.

I will not bury the lede. I have been thinking and reflecting a great deal over these last two weeks, and I am increasingly considering retirement.

This is not a new consideration. It has flitted about at various times, but has taken up a more significant position in my mind over the last several months. The recent incident was not the impetus of this, but has done something to perhaps sharpen the focus on it, and provide additional perspective.

To take from The Lord of the Rings, I have been ever-increasingly feeling 'thin, and stretched', and very much in need of a holiday. In some ways, I feel much like a President after their term of office, coming out aged far more than their years. Running the roleplay has been taxing, the visible actions of running the machinery of the roleplay in applications, Congress, rosters, summaries, and the like, added to driving it forward in the actions of the Presidency and others, and more behind-the-scenes action in looking to manage and assist players in roleplay and non-roleplay matters, and draft concepts and plans for the future happenings of the roleplay, amending, recreating, or discarding them by what had and is happening. It has been a significant time commitment that has become increasingly difficult in the context of full-time work and other personal real-life responsibilities. That does, however, come with the territory, that sort of work should be expected in a roleplay of this size, significance, and longevity, quite frankly an unprecedented combination of the three. Perhaps more significant is that this has been a time without a single true 'holiday'. Over the last three years, the roleplay has managed to take a position of dominance in my real-life affairs and scheduling. I feel the obligation and responsibility to check in, and to be accessible, ready at hand to address any issues in the roleplay in-thread or by telegram, or simply to manage the function of Congress. The importance of that in seeking to maintain the roleplay and the outsized weight it has has required planning real-life happenings around being able to have the time and ability to check-in on mobile, and, on at least three occasions, I have cancelled or foregone events of some significance in real-life due to roleplay obligations. I have often envied the breaks that many players have taken, to step away for some months, even CTE, and return to find the roleplay still running, still maintained in that absence, doing something that I knew I never could.

I believed that I understood these responsibilities, and accepted them. That was done, at first, with a sense of purpose, seeking to preserve, even rescue, a roleplay that seemed to be crumbling when I first stepped in as OP in the early chaos in Krugeristan's time. I took some pride in that, pride in that, though matters had gone so far as for the roleplay to be openly declared dead, we righted the ship, and sailed on. That sense of purpose became one of enjoyment in running Washington as the roleplay began to hum along with great success. While the success did not abate, administrative responsibilities began to feel more burdensome, to where this seemed a second or third job, with its high points, certainly, but work nonetheless. Over the last several months, the responsibility seemed to move from a job to a grimly and tiredly executed duty. It was at this time that I first started to seriously think about retirement, but I could not, I felt that it would be a betrayal of the members of this roleplay and those enjoying it, that I would be taking something away from others out of selfishness on my own part. So, I continued.

Even in that, I knew, even when I did not acknowledge it, the obvious fact that however long I could continue to perform my duties, it could not be forever, I could not have to maneuver my life around responsibilities here for decades on. There had to be, at some point, an off-ramp, even if I could not envision one. I do not know if this truly is one or if, more likely, I am stopping in the middle of the road.

I know that there has been talk of a successor roleplay. If it does come about, it will have my blessing, and whatever permissions are required for it. It will not be the same, I do not think we expect it to be, but I hope that there is an opportunity for there to be somewhere for the players here to go, some kind of home. Stripping this kind of roleplay opportunity from this roleplay's members by my retirement is the very last thing I want, and the fear of doing that, destroying a good experience for others out of craven self-interest, has been much of the reason I have remained.

I feel that I should re-write this statement one more time, it has been some hours of revision seeking to find the right words, but it is as good as it is going to get. I have, intentionally, looked to avoid going too far into the personal during my time stewarding the roleplay, and I am not the most skilled at expressing myself now when it comes down to it. This is ultimately what I have to say as best as I can say it, and it is incredibly hard. That same sense of responsibility that has been what kept me going now seems like it is being shirked, and the pain of that feeling comes with the more emotional measure of simply not wanting to be done, not wanting bring an end to a happy past.

That cannot happen, for certain, until I bring an end to this message, itself a difficult task. I feel both like there is so much more to say, and that I already begin to say the same things again in different words and should cut this down. I have no special final line to end this on. This has been a long time coming, but still feels too soon.

-Prolieum

You've put an absurd amount of time and effort into the stabilization of the roleplay, checking in with us, and going above-and-beyond your initial call of duty to make this about us having the best experience we can possibly have. All without being paid for any of it, and hardly recognized for it. And, of course, nobody should expect openly considering stepping away from it, even if it is for your own well-being, would be something that will come easy, or natural. As someone who has OP'ed roleplays, I don't have to imagine how much effort it takes to doing all this - just exponentially more for a roleplay of this nature. I've admittedly even thought about shooting a telegram, just to inquire as to how you've managed to do it.

Both you and TNS have been beyond integral, as I've mentioned in messages to you both, and you have both been the premier cornerstones of which this community has held together these last few years. Dare I say that, in some way or another, you both are the reasons we have kept coming back. At the end of the day, however, we all have lives outside of this; and the absolute least thing any (and I'm certain all of us, collectively) would want is for either of you struggle in balancing your life for the sake of keeping up with this.

We've all had wonderful memories together, and it would be amiss for us to express that there are no words as to the extent we are grateful for everything you have done for this community. I think it is safe to say that we have all looked up to you, Prolieum, and to you as well, TNS, and it is understandable that if either of you need more time to consider what path to take moving forward, for your own persons and your own well-beings.

Regardless as to what happens henceforth, know that I have nothing but the utmost in both respect and affinity for the both of you. And, I doubt one could find any who can possibly say any different, either.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:43 pm

I guess with Pro being out, that means me too. I was planning on scaling down, and obviously that wouldn't mean trying to take over to fill that hole. It was a good run.
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:50 pm

Heh, Klob just quoted the RP quote, nice capper
Last edited by Tallahassee News Station on Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:52 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Heh, Klob just quoted the RP quote, nice capper

Shes having a great night

TNS you're excellent, please keeping active doing RP

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:33 pm

Which quote?
Die nasty!!111

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:42 pm

Jovuistan wrote:

Which quote?

"Democracy is being allowed to vote for the candidate you dislike least."

I think.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:10 pm

Good on Cox for getting the last word in the IC!

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:13 pm

Bruke wrote:Good on Cox for getting the last word in the IC!

He's trying to reveal Cao's true self, along with getting support for himself and against Cao. By trying to gain McGareth, he can at least prove a point.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:55 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Bruke wrote:Good on Cox for getting the last word in the IC!

He's trying to reveal Cao's true self, along with getting support for himself and against Cao. By trying to gain McGareth, he can at least prove a point.

I don't think it matters anymore.... the RP is frozen.

I mean its good that he got to say tbe last words anyone will say in Washington.
Last edited by Bruke on Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:01 pm

Bruke wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:He's trying to reveal Cao's true self, along with getting support for himself and against Cao. By trying to gain McGareth, he can at least prove a point.

I don't think it matters anymore.... the RP is frozen.

I mean its good that he got to say tbe last words anyone will say in Washington.

I'm still hopeful.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

The Galactic Triumvirate
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 11, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Galactic Triumvirate » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:39 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:I guess with Pro being out, that means me too. I was planning on scaling down, and obviously that wouldn't mean trying to take over to fill that hole. It was a good run.

Would just like to say thank you so much to yourself and pro for your dedication to this RP over the last few years. As a player who did take frequent long breaks for IRL reasons I am particularly grateful to you both for allowing me to return every now and then to continue my Character. Enjoy retirement!
♔ Executive Staff- The North Pacific | The Imperial Federation
H.E Dr Claudia Everest KCAM: Permanent Representative to the World Assembly
{DEFCON: │>1<2345│ PEACE}
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The United Artherian Federation
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Artherian Federation » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:07 pm

This seems just as dead as TNS.
Huh.

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:51 pm

Having moved to Manhattan, random things spur old memories. And one such conversation on the subway reminded me of this RP and now having returned, it seems too late. To keep things brief, I'm not at all sad that this RP ended but glad that it happened and entertained me at length. Cheers, and thank you to those veteran players who remember the good times.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:34 pm

Last edited by Chewion on Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

The Central Shadow Nation
Minister

Founded: Oct 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Shadow Nation » Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:01 pm

is there a kanye here... oh no...its dead
"There's no point in feeling bad for the dead, but for the living who are still in pain."
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:04 pm

If anyone from the Land of the Free finds this post, please read the last six pages of this, and know what killed Washington. Don't let the Land of the Free die the same death.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse