NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political Roleplay Pt. XII OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:09 am

Greater Arab State wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:I don't know, Libertarians are quite strong in Montana, so I'd say about 10% chance of that happening. Not realistic, but reasonable enough to be allowed.

Then again, I'm British and should probably hop back to Westminster before Martin Taylor's ghost stabs me.

Or you could follow the example of the Leader of the House of Commons and lean back into it.

You know Jacob Rees-Mogg screwed up when you're the one making fun of him...
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:19 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Gotten a lot of telegrams, Meel, Pro, Arab, San, Imp, Tumb, the stuff here in the OOC too. I think I'll just sort of answer back and say whatever I've got here

I don't think I'm going to be leaving. I'm going to take the weekend off I think, but I won't be skipping out. I might not go as completely all in as before, I guess we'll just see, maybe a little less of the technical stuff and more character, maybe go back to being more newsy, I don't really know, probably some changes but I guess the core thing is that I'll be sticking around one way or another. You guys have been great and this isn't worth giving it all up for. I still don't feel great about what went down/never getting told about anything until I found out here, but everything I'm hearing is that this all came down to a lot more miscommunication+misunderstanding than malice and honestly after all this time everyone here deserves the benefit of the doubt and more. So I'm not going to break up this band yet.

Thanks guys

but everything I'm hearing is that this all came down to a lot more miscommunication+misunderstanding than malice and honestly after all this time everyone here deserves the benefit of the doubt and more.

This This This thank you
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:25 am

Dentali wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:Gotten a lot of telegrams, Meel, Pro, Arab, San, Imp, Tumb, the stuff here in the OOC too. I think I'll just sort of answer back and say whatever I've got here

I don't think I'm going to be leaving. I'm going to take the weekend off I think, but I won't be skipping out. I might not go as completely all in as before, I guess we'll just see, maybe a little less of the technical stuff and more character, maybe go back to being more newsy, I don't really know, probably some changes but I guess the core thing is that I'll be sticking around one way or another. You guys have been great and this isn't worth giving it all up for. I still don't feel great about what went down/never getting told about anything until I found out here, but everything I'm hearing is that this all came down to a lot more miscommunication+misunderstanding than malice and honestly after all this time everyone here deserves the benefit of the doubt and more. So I'm not going to break up this band yet.

Thanks guys

but everything I'm hearing is that this all came down to a lot more miscommunication+misunderstanding than malice and honestly after all this time everyone here deserves the benefit of the doubt and more.

This This This thank you

I concur, thank you.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:24 am

All of the votes of confidence have been greatly appreciated. We cannot undo the past, but we will be continuing on.

This weekend, perhaps, can be a time for a breather after what has just happened, to take a moment to get ourselves reoriented once again. I meant what I said earlier-I do not wish for this to end with any ill will between any of us. If anyone would like to reconsider their resignation, the door is still, and will be kept, open.

This has been a rough patch for all of us, but we have weathered it, and while we have had departures, I am glad we weathered this together.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:39 am

Prolieum wrote:All of the votes of confidence have been greatly appreciated. We cannot undo the past, but we will be continuing on.

This weekend, perhaps, can be a time for a breather after what has just happened, to take a moment to get ourselves reoriented once again. I meant what I said earlier-I do not wish for this to end with any ill will between any of us. If anyone would like to reconsider their resignation, the door is still, and will be kept, open.

This has been a rough patch for all of us, but we have weathered it, and while we have had departures, I am glad we weathered this together.

I have been in contact with those who resigned on the discord. I will once again try and discuss it with them. But Pro i need to ask if you are willing to take FURTHER measures on the issues presented. Because otherwise they are not returning.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:59 pm

Dentali wrote:
Prolieum wrote:All of the votes of confidence have been greatly appreciated. We cannot undo the past, but we will be continuing on.

I have been in contact with those who resigned on the discord. I will once again try and discuss it with them. But Pro i need to ask if you are willing to take FURTHER measures on the issues presented. Because otherwise they are not returning.

You don’t need to ask anything else, what happened has happened. We cannot change that.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:02 pm

Well then, first time I've been actually able to check the thread because college and hot damn did a lot of things happen

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:03 pm

Meelducan wrote:
Dentali wrote:

You don’t need to ask anything else, what happened has happened. We cannot change that.

Youre dead wrong

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:20 pm

Uh, I haven't checked the thread in a while, what issue arose?
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:37 pm

Dentali wrote:
Meelducan wrote:You don’t need to ask anything else, what happened has happened. We cannot change that.

Youre dead wrong

I haven’t been wrong once, kid.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:17 pm

So...is there going to be a Washington 2020 RP or...?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:41 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:So...is there going to be a Washington 2020 RP or...?

This is currently in-discussion and debate, albeit with a temporary suspension while everyone is having the time to collect themselves.

Although, a group has splintered off and starting formulating a separate roleplay, but it would notably be of an alternate RP-verse that is distinctly separated from this one.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:42 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:So...is there going to be a Washington 2020 RP or...?

This is currently in-discussion and debate, albeit with a temporary suspension while everyone is having the time to collect themselves.

Although, a group has splintered off and starting formulating a separate roleplay, but it would notably be of an alternate RP-verse that is distinctly separated from this one.

Could you be a member of both roleplays?
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:50 pm

Imperial Esplanade wrote:

Which group? I need to find them...
Please Watch

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:24 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:This is currently in-discussion and debate, albeit with a temporary suspension while everyone is having the time to collect themselves.

I dont know if this is appropriate convo on this OOC

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:48 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:This is currently in-discussion and debate, albeit with a temporary suspension while everyone is having the time to collect themselves.

To the extent that it matters, I don't foresee it being a complication to be involved in both. However, as mentioned, the discussion relating to the other roleplay is not appropriate to have here.

While we do not want to create the appearance of either impropriety or competition between either, rather the feeling of fraternity, it is important for us all to respect the fact that this is a separate roleplay's OOC-thread from the other (should it come to fruition).

I encourage to keep in check here, for Washington updates, and to reach out to anyone within the "pact" if you wish for updates involving the other. Otherwise, that is all that should be said on the matter here, to respect the integrity of the Washington roleplay. But, the point being still stands: no reason for anyone to panic, everything will be just fine and the show will go on.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Normudria
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Normudria » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:37 am

Hey, I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I will soon, hopefully. Been really busy as summer ends.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:32 am

Working out and formatting the budget post for Congress is somewhat difficult on mobile, so we will give a little more time for Samara's bill before that goes up.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

ThePenguinLand
Envoy

Founded: May 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby ThePenguinLand » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:11 am

Ok, so after all that has happened...
I will be posting the intro to the small parties meeting tommorrow and more articles offering more details on what Aleravez is going to do next.
"Penguins Forever, Penguins Today, Penguins Tomorrow!"
My Political Beliefs(May be updated now and again)

News from the PenguinLand Today: Lower House voting on Airospace and Sea free trade bills, Parties stir as electoral deadline for 2020 elections set, Construction sector experiences 9% boom, Green energy incentives show 3.5% rise in solar and wind indrusty.

Member of the The Western Isles

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:15 am

I'm not going to go too extreme in the numbers this time around, but NY primaries should be kicking out obviously Johnson, Waterfield, and then Lotto for the GOP with the biggest campaign effort by far. San might be coming back, if he does we can set up that three way debate
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:21 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:I'm not going to go too extreme in the numbers this time around, but NY primaries should be kicking out obviously Johnson, Waterfield, and then Lotto for the GOP with the biggest campaign effort by far. San might be coming back, if he does we can set up that three way debate

Sanabel is not coming back unless someone comes up with a reconciliation plan. The OPs of this RP need to either present a plan to address the concerns beyond you are already doing. I have been working on the rest of them, but frankly they feel utterly ignored and justified... a position I do not disagree with. I do not feel the measures taken on the issues are anywhere near sufficient.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:17 pm

Okay, could someone explain to me what has happened?
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:07 am

Dentali wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:I'm not going to go too extreme in the numbers this time around, but NY primaries should be kicking out obviously Johnson, Waterfield, and then Lotto for the GOP with the biggest campaign effort by far. San might be coming back, if he does we can set up that three way debate

Sanabel is not coming back unless someone comes up with a reconciliation plan. The OPs of this RP need to either present a plan to address the concerns beyond you are already doing. I have been working on the rest of them, but frankly they feel utterly ignored and justified... a position I do not disagree with. I do not feel the measures taken on the issues are anywhere near sufficient.

The last thing I want is to start all that up again. I've talked a little with San, may be coming back maybe not, I don't know. Hopefully, but I guess we'll see

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:09 am

Endem wrote:Okay, could someone explain to me what has happened?

There were some people upset about some stuff, big fight, ended up going too far, some people left, some apologies, now we're moving on again, you can Rp like normal

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:40 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Endem wrote:Okay, could someone explain to me what has happened?

There were some people upset about some stuff, big fight, ended up going too far, some people left, some apologies, now we're moving on again, you can Rp like normal

Thats a gross oversimplification

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse