NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political Roleplay Pt. XII OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:54 am

Greater Arab State wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Only the Lib-Dems are less anti-semitic but alright.

The Labour Party has within it Jeramy Corbyn, someone who lay a wreath at the graves of the terrorists who committed the attack on the 1972 summer olympics, a attack aimed at the Israeli members particularly, something which would show extreme anti-Semitism. Furthermore, the Labour Party also has such people as John McDonnell, who is in favour of organisations such as Hamas and was inspired by Ken Livingstone, also a virulent anti-Semite.

I don't think you want to hear what the people who said Jeremy Corbyn was antisemitic said about your waifu: https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/jaco ... y-1.482354

Also, the Tories are worse than UKIP in terms of anti-semitism, according to a Sky poll.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:59 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Greater Arab State wrote:Image

The Labour Party has within it Jeramy Corbyn, someone who lay a wreath at the graves of the terrorists who committed the attack on the 1972 summer olympics, a attack aimed at the Israeli members particularly, something which would show extreme anti-Semitism. Furthermore, the Labour Party also has such people as John McDonnell, who is in favour of organisations such as Hamas and was inspired by Ken Livingstone, also a virulent anti-Semite.

I don't think you want to hear what the people who said Jeremy Corbyn was antisemitic said about your waifu: https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/jaco ... y-1.482354

Also, the Tories are worse than UKIP in terms of anti-semitism, according to a Sky poll.

It is much harder to argue that Mr Rees-Mogg is a Anti-Semite merely based off of this misunderstanding, he has made clear throughout that his retweeting of the video was only meant to provide a German view on Brexit, besides AFD has established as its policy that they support the recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital, something which one would find rather strange if they were Anti-Semitic.

In addition, it is hard to describe the Conservative and Unionist party as being Anti-Semitic based on factors such as the Conservative party having the first and so far only Jewish Prime Minister (Benjamin Disraeli) as well as the creation of the Balfour Declaration which began the process of creating a Jewish homeland.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:03 am

Uttland wrote:He is a Labour supporter....

Only the Lib-Dems are less anti-semitic but alright.

Do you have a source
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:12 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Only the Lib-Dems are less anti-semitic but alright.

The Labour Party has within it Jeramy Corbyn, someone who lay a wreath at the graves of the terrorists who committed the attack on the 1972 summer olympics, a attack aimed at the Israeli members particularly, [sup][1][/sub] something which would show extreme anti-Semitism. Furthermore, the Labour Party also has such people as John McDonnell, who is in favour of organisations such as Hamas and was inspired by Ken Livingstone, also a virulent anti-Semite.

This shit again? I'm tired of arguing about Israel. So lemme just say this: I don't think anyone could argue those things in good faith, maybe due to lack of research, I dunno. Corbyn didn't lay the wreath there, only article about McDonell and Hamas I could find was about how he was allegedly preparing a party takeover to stop Corbyn and from what I gather Livingstone said something about Hitler initially wanting to deport the Jews to Israel which is true (according to my leftist, feminist, [allegedly] buddhist, chainsmoking history teacher Nazis were actually considering Madagascar; also Bibi N. went on record saying that Hitler didn't want to kill the Jews at first).

Feel free to hurl links at me or whatever.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:13 am

San, I started the meeting in the IC Thread.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:22 am

Alozia wrote:San, I started the meeting in the IC Thread.

Ill respond when I have a moment

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:22 am

Uttland wrote:He is a Labour supporter....

Only the Lib-Dems are less anti-semitic but alright.

Labour are horrible at dealing with antisemitism. I mean, I am a member of a closely aligned party to the Lib Dems, so I might be biased, but I'd say that there are a lot more parties that are less antisemitic than labour.
Last edited by Meelducan on Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:24 am

Meelducan wrote:

Labour are horrible at dealing with antisemitism. I mean, as a member of a closely aligned party to the Lib Dems, so I might be biased, but I'd say that there are a lot more parties that are less antisemitic than labour.

Meel NOOOOooo

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:33 am

Alozia wrote:
Greater Arab State wrote:(Image)

The Labour Party has within it Jeramy Corbyn, someone who lay a wreath at the graves of the terrorists who committed the attack on the 1972 summer olympics, a attack aimed at the Israeli members particularly, [sup][1][/sub] something which would show extreme anti-Semitism. Furthermore, the Labour Party also has such people as John McDonnell, who is in favour of organisations such as Hamas and was inspired by Ken Livingstone, also a virulent anti-Semite.

This shit again? I'm tired of arguing about Israel. So lemme just say this: I don't think anyone could argue those things in good faith, maybe due to lack of research, I dunno. Corbyn didn't lay the wreath there, only article about McDonell and Hamas I could find was about how he was allegedly preparing a party takeover to stop Corbyn and from what I gather Livingstone said something about Hitler initially wanting to deport the Jews to Israel which is true (according to my leftist, feminist, [allegedly] buddhist, chainsmoking history teacher Nazis were actually considering Madagascar; also Bibi N. went on record saying that Hitler didn't want to kill the Jews at first).

Terribly sorry, I meant to say that Corbyn was at present at the wreath laying, by his own admission.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corbyn_ ... ontroversy

McDonnell on the other hand whilst not explicitly supporting Hamas, unlike Corbyn, still engages in Anti-Semitic behaviour.

Sources: https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/ex ... el-clause/ https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/syri ... y-1.437421

Ken Livingstone on the other hand:

https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/euro ... -1.7081803

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/0 ... ws-hitler/
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:38 am

Alozia wrote:
Meelducan wrote:Labour are horrible at dealing with antisemitism. I mean, as a member of a closely aligned party to the Lib Dems, so I might be biased, but I'd say that there are a lot more parties that are less antisemitic than labour.

Meel NOOOOooo

This RP really is a melting pot of different political ideas
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:39 am

Alozia wrote:
Meelducan wrote:Labour are horrible at dealing with antisemitism. I mean, I am a member of a closely aligned party to the Lib Dems, so I might be biased, but I'd say that there are a lot more parties that are less antisemitic than labour.

Meel NOOOOooo

Marianne 2024:

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:40 am

Alozia wrote:
Meelducan wrote:Labour are horrible at dealing with antisemitism. I mean, as a member of a closely aligned party to the Lib Dems, so I might be biased, but I'd say that there are a lot more parties that are less antisemitic than labour.

Meel NOOOOooo

SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:47 am

Sanabel wrote:

Do you have a source

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck ... al-parties

It was Channel 4, not Sky, but there you go.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:55 am

Sanabel wrote:Do you have a source

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck ... al-parties

If you look at the chart showing British Jews views on the issue just below, the results are inverted as although the Lib Dems are still in the top two parties for least Anti-Semitic, it is the Conservatives and not the Lib Dems that are the least with Labour being the worst at 83%.
Last edited by Greater Arab State on Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:59 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck ... al-parties

If you look at the chart showing British Jews views on the issue just below, the results are inverted as although the Lib Dems are still in the top two parties for least Anti-Semitic, it is the Conservatives and not the Lib Dems that are the least with Labour being the worst at 83%.

"As the researchers themselves point out, the sampling of British Jews was was modelled on the National Jewish Community Survey (NJCS) and was therefore self-selecting. The people taking part in the study might be naturally more inclined to express strong opinions on either side of the debate. Put another way: if you don’t feel strongly about the issue, you’re less likely to take part in a survey."

Furthermore, 63% of British Jews vote Conservative, suggesting that it may be confirmation bias as opposed to impartial judgement.
Please Watch

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:01 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:If you look at the chart showing British Jews views on the issue just below, the results are inverted as although the Lib Dems are still in the top two parties for least Anti-Semitic, it is the Conservatives and not the Lib Dems that are the least with Labour being the worst at 83%.

"As the researchers themselves point out, the sampling of British Jews was was modelled on the National Jewish Community Survey (NJCS) and was therefore self-selecting. The people taking part in the study might be naturally more inclined to express strong opinions on either side of the debate. Put another way: if you don’t feel strongly about the issue, you’re less likely to take part in a survey."

Furthermore, 63% of British Jews vote Conservative, suggesting that it may be confirmation bias as opposed to impartial judgement.

Yeah if only we had some idea of why they vote conservative right
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:04 pm

Vaquas wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"As the researchers themselves point out, the sampling of British Jews was was modelled on the National Jewish Community Survey (NJCS) and was therefore self-selecting. The people taking part in the study might be naturally more inclined to express strong opinions on either side of the debate. Put another way: if you don’t feel strongly about the issue, you’re less likely to take part in a survey."

Sick burn!!!11!1
Marianne 2024:

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:05 pm

Vaquas wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"As the researchers themselves point out, the sampling of British Jews was was modelled on the National Jewish Community Survey (NJCS) and was therefore self-selecting. The people taking part in the study might be naturally more inclined to express strong opinions on either side of the debate. Put another way: if you don’t feel strongly about the issue, you’re less likely to take part in a survey."

You do realise that they were primarily voting conservative before the anti-semitism controversy began, right?
Please Watch

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:05 pm

Meelducan wrote:
Vaquas wrote:

Sick burn!!!11!1

Logical fallacy!!1111!!111!!
Please Watch

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:12 pm

Meelducan wrote:Sick burn!!!11!1

Logical fallacy!!1111!!111!!

Next general election your party do the big lose.
Marianne 2024:

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:20 pm

Alozia wrote:(Image)

Terribly sorry, I meant to say that Corbyn was at present at the wreath laying, by his own admission.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corbyn_ ... ontroversy

McDonnell on the other hand whilst not explicitly supporting Hamas, unlike Corbyn, still engages in Anti-Semitic behaviour.

Sources: https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/ex ... el-clause/ https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/syri ... y-1.437421

Ken Livingstone on the other hand:

https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/euro ... -1.7081803

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/0 ... ws-hitler/

By "didn't lay the wreath there" I meant the graves of the Munich terrorists. He didn't lay the wreath "there".

McDonnell's anti-semitism boils down to "Israel is racist, it should stop being racist" and "We shouldn't be so cordial with Israel, considering their policies towards Palestine and it's people." I think I might have paraphrased his words in a more "confrontational" tone than they were spoken. His criticism is fairly milquetoast, tbh. (At least as shown in the articles). Like the latter article doesn't even say anything about him saying anything. People chanted "Labour friends of Israel no more". It's like saying that chanting, for example, "Labour friends of Poland no more" is an example of anti-Polonism (real thing, lmao). Same goes for virtually any country with a fairly homogenous population. This criticism simply wouldn't stand.

It is anti-Semitic to oppose a Jewish state. But it is not anti-Semitic to call a state racist.

^This is fairly cordial, maybe it's the circumstances the answer was given under, but still. I would argue that it's okay to oppose a state deeply in any ethnicity/religion etc. but that's just my revolutionary thinking.

Ken Livingstone made some inflammatory comments, but they weren't aimed at Jews, tho.

Firstly: the "distortion" comment (very fairly framed in the article, btw. lmao) was more about courage (or lack thereof) to stand up to Israel inspite of the posibility of losing support from a demographic group.

Comparing British troops in Ulster to Nazis is far from attacking the Jewish people. While we're at it let's mention every other group that was oppressed by the Nazis.

The idea that a comparison between the Jews and Arabs is anti-semitic is just beyond me. I'm honestly speechless. Saying "There is no racial difference between Jew and Arab" is not anti-semitic (unless you hate them both). Also race is a bullshit social construct, sorry cons.

"suddenly the Jews became reactionaries, turned Right, nearly to be fascists" seems fucking weird, idk. Same goes for the paramliltary comments, tbh.

The "Capitalists are worse than Hitler" section made me lol. Mask off, lol. Pretty good example of Jews being used as a token to score political points by people who look at Jews in a very stereotypical manner. If you hear "financial system bad" and think "this is anti-semitism", like the Telegraph does apparently, there may be something wrong with your support for Jewish people.

Livingstone mad calling a journalist from (what I assume was, at least at the time) adversarial publication a Nazi is Livingstone being mad. Probably not a high point in his life, but not really anti-semitic considering the fact that he called the journo a nazi without knowing he was Jewish (not that it's particularly relevant tbh). He doubled down on it after he learned the journo was Jewish, but that's not really anti-semitic just really fucking dumb.

His last comment about Jews voting Conservative because they got richer is really fucking bizzare and might be actual evidence of Livingstones' weird approach to Jews to say the least. Yeah rich people vote Conservative for a variety of reasons (topic for another discussion), not sure what being Jewish has to do with it.

To sum it up Ken Livingstone is certainly a hot-head, moron at times, not that anti-semitic, but certainly inflammatory. Good thing Labour kicked him out lmao.

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:30 pm

Any good Hillary gifs I could find are too big for NS apparently and I can't fully use them as flag. Oh well.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:36 pm

Imagine how incredible things would be if Hillary won in 2008

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:38 pm

Alozia wrote:Any good Hillary gifs I could find are too big for NS apparently and I can't fully use them as flag. Oh well.

viewtopic.php?p=25262556&sid=8c1e12ebd29f0bbb859824795532118a#p25262556
Marianne 2024:

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:38 pm

Sanabel wrote:Imagine how incredible things would be if Hillary won in 2008

She actually did. The primary was, dar I say , R I G G E D