NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political Roleplay Pt. XII OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:22 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Meelducan wrote:#Hillary2008

#MarxicratSanders2020

Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:25 am

Alozia wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:#MarxicratSanders2020

MMMMMMMMMMMM GIVE ME THAT MARXISM!!!

My only regret about the Soviet Union was that Lenin and Stalin were atheists. Fellow goyim Trotsky would've made up for it if he hadn't been icepicked in the head.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:29 am

Alozia wrote:(Image)

My only regret about the Soviet Union was that Lenin and Stalin were atheists. Fellow goyim Trotsky would've made up for it if he hadn't been icepicked in the head.

Atheism was literally one of the few good things about the Soviet Union. (The other obviously being this lmao.)

EDIT: Even then, Soviet atheism didn't amount to much good. USSR wasn't particularly progressive (aside for the emancipation of women, maybe).
Last edited by Alozia on Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:32 am

This but unironically. She would’ve been better than Obama.
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:33 am

Alozia wrote:Image

Cool it with the anti Semitic remarks
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:33 am

Uttland wrote:

This but unironically. She would’ve been better than Obama.

HILLARY IS GOD
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:34 am

Sanabel wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:MMMMMMMMMMMM GIVE ME THAT MARXISM!!!

He is a Labour supporter....

Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:35 am

Any newcomers want to jump on this train before it departs?
The Act to Establish the United States Student Congress.
Nickname: Student Congress Act.

Sponsor: Henry O. Caldwell (D-MA7),
Initial Co-Sponsors: Rep. Nicole T. Smith (D-IL7), Rep. Jared O'Leary (D-IL1),
Secondary Co-Sponsor(s): Rep. Gregory "Greg" Morton (R-CA3), Rep. Donald Johnson (D-CA34),
Rep. Amelia Yang (R-OR5), Rep. Theodore Kimbrell (D-VA11), Rep. Jason Samara (D-MA8), Rep. Glen Anderson (R-PA17),
Sen. Zachary Fowler (R-VT), Rep. Eleanor McCroskey (D-NY12), Sen. Joanne Winslow (R-MT), Sen. John Kingston (P-ME),
Rep. Kristen Stevenson (R-MA9), Rep. Melvin Freeman (P-MA1), Rep. Jamie Johnson (D-RI1), Rep. William Brennan (R-CT4),
Edgar Brankers (D-WA), Antonio De Nieto (D-CA12), Sen. Helena Locklear (R-AK), Sen. Alexander Breckenridge (I-MA)
Sen. Ella Enchanted (P-OH), Sen. Diane Lane (R-WI), Rep. James Rhodes (D-MD5)

Overview: The following bill aims to create the United States Student Congress, an organization under the patronage of the United States Congress with a goal of promoting it among the nations youth.

Section I: Definitions
a) Contestant - A student who entered the contest to become selected as the Student-Congressperson.

b) Student-Congressperson/Student-Congressman/Student-Congresswoman - Contestant selected to the Student Congress through a contest outlined in the bill. Also reffered to as "Member". Term Student-Senator can also be used when refering to the Members of the United States Student Senate.

c) Student Congress - United States Student Congress, an entity created by the following act. The Student Congress does not have the powers to create and pass binding legislation, but legislation passed by it may be appropriated for the purposes of an actual bill with an intention of debating and possibly passing such an act.

d) United States House of Student Representatives and United States Student Senate - two chambers of the United States Student Congress, both coresponding to their official counterparts.

e) Student Congress Commission - Also refered to as the Commission, an entity within the United States Student Congress dealing with all matters realted to it.

Section II - Provisions:

1)The Student Congress shall consist of 535 members, each coresponding to the 435 House of Representatives constituencies and 100 Senate seats.

2) In order to be elegible for the entry into the contest one has to be a middle or high school student or of a similar age.

3)In order to be included in the consideration process an eligible person must enter a contest where each contestant has to engage in a social activity (such as organize a debate or awareness campaign on a previously given topic) and write a detailed report outlining the execution of the idea.

4) Contest’s motto as well as three more specific topics in the form of questions with an open interpretation related to that year’s theme (motto) shall be announced on October 1st of the year prior to that of the Students’ Congress’ next sitting and shall be decided by the Secretary of Education after a consultation with the United States House Education Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary and Secondary Education.

5) Contestants shall have time until January 31st of that Congress’s sitting’s year to submit their full entry. The winners of the contest shall be announced on April 15th of the same year.

6) Best contestants become Student Congressmen/-women for a year-long term starting and ending on May 16 th. Each state shall have equal representation to that in the United States Congress.

7) Two students ranked the highest in their state's respective contest shall have the right to choose which chamber they wish to represent. If the contestant chooses the House the next contestant, not given the right to choose a chamber to represent, shall take a seat in the Senate and vice-versa.

8 ) Houses of the Student Congress shall gather in their respective Chambers once per year on June 1st, the International Children's Day.

9) Two weeks before June 1st of every year a 50-member Commision on Student Congress, consisting of one student per state, with the student coming in first in their state’s respective contest being present at the Commission’s meeting, would meet in Washington, D.C. and work on a bill related to that year's contest's topic/theme resembling it's real life equivalents which would be later debated in the Student Congress.

10) During the first meeting of the Students' Congress the commission would establish a set of rules, which every member would be required to read and sign a statement declaring that they were made aware of them and pledge to follow them. Rules may be amended by the commission in the future if it so wishes.

11) At the beginning of each Session the Students' Congress would elect the Speaker of the House of Student Representatives and President Pro-Tempore of the Student Senate. Speaker of the United States Congress and Vice-President of the United States shall be allowed to partake in the Students’ Congress sessions in an advisory role, if they so wish.

11) The United States Congress shall bear the costs of accomodation and transportation of the members for the purposes of participating in the Student Congress' session.

12) Congress shall contact Non-Governmental Organizations in order to create a series of workshops aimed at expanding the Student Congresspeople's knowledge about the way the U.S. Congress works.

Do Not Remove: 1337
Last edited by Alozia on Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:36 am

Sanabel wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:MMMMMMMMMMMM GIVE ME THAT MARXISM!!!

It's satire. I thought the flag would've pointed it out.

EDIT: It's satire of how the right sees the left.
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:36 am

Alozia wrote:Any newcomers want to jump on this train before it departs?
(Image)

Secondary Co-Sponsor(s): Rep. Gregory "Greg" Morton (R-CA3), Rep. Donald Johnson (D-CA34),
Rep. Amelia Yang (R-OR5), Rep. Theodore Kimbrell (D-VA11), Rep. Jason Samara (D-MA8), Rep. Glen Anderson (R-PA17),
Sen. Zachary Fowler (R-VT), Rep. Eleanor McCroskey (D-NY12), Sen. Joanne Winslow (R-MT), Sen. John Kingston (P-ME),
Rep. Kristen Stevenson (R-MA9), Rep. Melvin Freeman (P-MA1), Rep. Jamie Johnson (D-RI1), Rep. William Brennan (R-CT4),
Edgar Brankers (D-WA), Antonio De Nieto (D-CA12), Sen. Helena Locklear (R-AK), Sen. Alexander Breckenridge (I-MA)

Overview: The following bill aims to create the United States Student Congress, an organization under the patronage of the United States Congress with a goal of promoting it among the nations youth.

a) Contestant - A student who entered the contest to become selected as the Student-Congressperson.

b) Student-Congressperson/Student-Congressman/Student-Congresswoman - Contestant selected to the Student Congress through a contest outlined in the bill. Also reffered to as "Member". Term Student-Senator can also be used when refering to the Members of the United States Student Senate.

c) Student Congress - United States Student Congress, an entity created by the following act. The Student Congress does not have the powers to create and pass binding legislation, but legislation passed by it may be appropriated for the purposes of an actual bill with an intention of debating and possibly passing such an act.

d) United States House of Student Representatives and United States Student Senate - two chambers of the United States Student Congress, both coresponding to their official counterparts.

e) Student Congress Commission - Also refered to as the Commission, an entity within the United States Student Congress dealing with all matters realted to it.

Section II - Provisions:

1)The Student Congress shall consist of 535 members, each coresponding to the 435 House of Representatives constituencies and 100 Senate seats.

2) In order to be elegible for the entry into the contest one has to be a middle or high school student or of a similar age.

3)In order to be included in the consideration process an eligible person must enter a contest where each contestant has to engage in a social activity (such as organize a debate or awareness campaign on a previously given topic) and write a detailed report outlining the execution of the idea.

4) Contest’s motto as well as three more specific topics in the form of questions with an open interpretation related to that year’s theme (motto) shall be announced on October 1st of the year prior to that of the Students’ Congress’ next sitting and shall be decided by the Secretary of Education after a consultation with the United States House Education Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary and Secondary Education.

5) Contestants shall have time until January 31st of that Congress’s sitting’s year to submit their full entry. The winners of the contest shall be announced on April 15th of the same year.

6) Best contestants become Student Congressmen/-women for a year-long term starting and ending on May 16 th. Each state shall have equal representation to that in the United States Congress.

7) Two students ranked the highest in their state's respective contest shall have the right to choose which chamber they wish to represent. If the contestant chooses the House the next contestant, not given the right to choose a chamber to represent, shall take a seat in the Senate and vice-versa.

8 ) Houses of the Student Congress shall gather in their respective Chambers once per year on June 1st, the International Children's Day.

9) Two weeks before June 1st of every year a 50-member Commision on Student Congress, consisting of one student per state, with the student coming in first in their state’s respective contest being present at the Commission’s meeting, would meet in Washington, D.C. and work on a bill related to that year's contest's topic/theme resembling it's real life equivalents which would be later debated in the Student Congress.

10) During the first meeting of the Students' Congress the commission would establish a set of rules, which every member would be required to read and sign a statement declaring that they were made aware of them and pledge to follow them. Rules may be amended by the commission in the future if it so wishes.

11) At the beginning of each Session the Students' Congress would elect the Speaker of the House of Student Representatives and President Pro-Tempore of the Student Senate. Speaker of the United States Congress and Vice-President of the United States shall be allowed to partake in the Students’ Congress sessions in an advisory role, if they so wish.

11) The United States Congress shall bear the costs of accomodation and transportation of the members for the purposes of participating in the Student Congress' session.

12) Congress shall contact Non-Governmental Organizations in order to create a series of workshops aimed at expanding the Student Congresspeople's knowledge about the way the U.S. Congress works.

This feels like a feel-good Bill. Add Lane to it, and Rhodes. Really no reason not to

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:38 am

Uttland wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Cool it with the anti Semitic remarks

Only the Lib-Dems are less anti-semitic but alright.
Please Watch

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:38 am

(Image)

Section II - Provisions:

This is peak bill formating, btw.
Meelducan wrote:HILLARY IS GOD

YOU CAN HAVE GIFS AS YOUR FLAG?!?!?!?!?!?
Uttland wrote:

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:39 am

Alozia wrote:
(Image)

Section II - Provisions:

This is peak bill formating, btw.
Meelducan wrote:HILLARY IS GOD

YOU CAN HAVE GIFS AS YOUR FLAG?!?!?!?!?!?
Uttland wrote:He is a Labour supporter....

HELL YEAH, BROTHER
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:40 am

(Image)

Section II - Provisions:

Taylor would sign if he didn't resign.
Please Watch

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:42 am

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:42 am

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisem ... bour_Party

Literally a Wikipedia article on this but okay

Resignations, ejections, investigations, etc.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:43 am

She’s clearly everyone’s abuela.

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:44 am

Uttland wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Only the Lib-Dems are less anti-semitic but alright.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisem ... bour_Party

*clears throat*

YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE HAS A WIKIPEDIA ARTICLE ON IT?????? HMMMM?????

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:45 am

Bruke wrote:

She’s clearly everyone’s abuela.

Not true.

She's my babcia.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:46 am

2016 was a purer, cringier time

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:48 am

I was making a reference.

I am not on the right so I also have no idea how they see the faux left
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:49 am

Alozia wrote:
Uttland wrote:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisem ... bour_Party

*clears throat*

YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE HAS A WIKIPEDIA ARTICLE ON IT?????? HMMMM?????

The Tories do, but doesn’t change or refute the existence in within the Labour Party :)

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:50 am

The Labour Party has within it Jeramy Corbyn, someone who lay a wreath at the graves of the terrorists who committed the attack on the 1972 summer olympics, a attack aimed at the Israeli members particularly, something which would show extreme anti-Semitism. Furthermore, the Labour Party also has such people as John McDonnell, who is in favour of organisations such as Hamas and was inspired by Ken Livingstone, also a virulent anti-Semite.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:52 am

Sanabel wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:It's satire. I thought the flag would've pointed it out.

I was making a reference.

I am not on the right so I also have no idea how they see the faux left

Ahh, ok. To figure out how they see the faux left, you should probably just go on r/TheRightCantMeme or r/ForwardsfromKlandma.

It's sickening.
Please Watch

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:53 am

I would assume you refer to the fringe to far-right (alt-right really out there and old paleocons, and Trump Republicans)?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse