NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political Roleplay Pt. XII OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:30 am

This is going to affect certainly all Cali politicians voted in 2016. I wonder how Alphonsey will square this
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:32 am

Dentali wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:Wasn't really something thar worked with a big writeup IC, especially since its not getting played up rn, but there's Huerta's funny little scheme. Got set up suuuper long ago, basically just been waiting for IC time to pass.

Basically she doesn't care even slightly about baseball, but she's gonna just get all the best/most expensive players she can and make tickets super cheap and run the whole thing at a loss to basically get some extra Florida pride/success and good PR or just up her name rec/approval with fans (voters) in the city/area, unexpected way to get goodwill and political advantage from her money outside the political circle.

A football team would have been so much better tbh and probably more fun but no one was selling IRL so she's doing it Jeb Bush style

Jesus what is her net worth

#2 behind Walton

She's one of the trio of ludicrously rich now banned level people w/Walton and Beaumont

Uttland wrote:
Tallahassee News Station wrote:Wasn't really something thar worked with a big writeup IC, especially since its not getting played up rn, but there's Huerta's funny little scheme. Got set up suuuper long ago, basically just been waiting for IC time to pass.

Basically she doesn't care even slightly about baseball, but she's gonna just get all the best/most expensive players she can and make tickets super cheap and run the whole thing at a loss to basically get some extra Florida pride/success and good PR or just up her name rec/approval with fans (voters) in the city/area, unexpected way to get goodwill and political advantage from her money outside the political circle.

A football team would have been so much better tbh and probably more fun but no one was selling IRL so she's doing it Jeb Bush style

Interesting development and choice. Not a bad strategy either. Interested to see whether this will have any sizeable effect on her re-election.

It's quirky, I like it in that way. Jebbie has to get the credit though, I would never have thought of it myself. As usual for her she's digging in hard in her state even though she's got national aspirations
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:33 am

Sanabel wrote:Damn I was hoping for a sex scandal

I guess we've got Mullins now for that appetite.

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:33 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Jesus what is her net worth

#2 behind Walton

She's one of the trio of ludicrously rich now banned level people w/Walton and Beaumont

Uttland wrote:Interesting development and choice. Not a bad strategy either. Interested to see whether this will have any sizeable effect on her re-election.

It's quirky, I like it in that way. Jebbie has to get the credit though, I would never have thought of it myself. As usual for her she's digging in hard in her state even though she's got national aspirations

Walton is worth like $10 billion right?

Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:35 am

House Dems budget meeting time! Rhodes+De Ni+Jared for leadership, could include others or have them start things and then go bigger

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:36 am

Uttland wrote:
#2 behind Walton

Walton is worth like $10 billion right?

No, Beaumont is like 13 or 16 or so and he's the lowest. Huerta was 20s I think and I think Walton's around 30

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:38 am

Uttland wrote:Walton is worth like $10 billion right?

No, Beaumont is like 13 or 16 or so and he's the lowest. Huerta was 20s I think and I think Walton's around 30

Christ, we have some surprisingly affluent characters.

My richest person is $3 billion, but probably lower, realistically, by now

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:41 am

Uttland wrote:

Christ, we have some surprisingly affluent characters.

The net worth cap was really needed, we got lucky that the ultrarich ended up mostly w/veteran players

(Except Dudley...and Nazi Elon Musk...very happy for the rule)

But wait, who do you have that's ultra rich, that's big bucks
Last edited by Tallahassee News Station on Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:43 am

Alrighty time to start a hashtag #Free&Fair
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:44 am

Uttland wrote:Christ, we have some surprisingly affluent characters.

The net worth cap was really needed, we got lucky that the ultrarich ended up mostly w/veteran players

Nazi Elon Musk?

And my rich person is DeLucca. Not spending that money on campaign fundraising mind you, but terrorism.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:11 am

Uttland wrote:

Nazi Elon Musk?

And my rich person is DeLucca. Not spending that money on campaign fundraising mind you, but terrorism.

Completely forgot she was that rich

You know the guy, I can't remember his name rn, maybe Andrew something, literal Neonazi with a SpaceX
Last edited by Tallahassee News Station on Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:17 am

Uttland wrote:Nazi Elon Musk?

Completely forgot she was that rich

You know the guy, I can't remember his name rn, maybe Andrew something, literal Neonazi with a SpaceX

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 am

Lets go through McGareth and start finishing that

We can also do a Stevens meeting if you want

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:28 am

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Lets go through McGareth and start finishing that

We can also do a Stevens meeting if you want

Yea! Governors mansion SC?

South Carolina Appalachian Counties: Anderson, Cherokee, Greenville, Oconee, Pickens, and Spartanburg

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:43 am

Alphonsey is sticking to his wheelhouse of supporting democratic values.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:50 am

So has the time skip happened

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:51 am

Sanabel wrote:When can we get some Virginia polling

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:54 am

Sanabel wrote:So has the time skip happened

No, later this evening I believe

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:55 am

Also what's the use on calling on Ramirez to do anything?

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:00 am

Uttland wrote:Also what's the use on calling on Ramirez to do anything?

Shift blame

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:02 am

Sanabel wrote:
Uttland wrote:Also what's the use on calling on Ramirez to do anything?

Shift blame

Alph is doing the best thing here, Democratic Governor on his way out anyway is a good sacrificial lamb

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:06 am

Yo, wtf. I'm out for good five minutes and we have a scandal on our hands.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:07 am

Dentali wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Shift blame

Alph is doing the best thing here, Democratic Governor on his way out anyway is a good sacrificial lamb

Hooooo boy what a big scandal! And not a moment too soon.
Last edited by Bruke on Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:12 am

This reminds me. Dems need to get serious about the CA gubernatorial race. Thats a big one to lose

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:20 am

Sanabel wrote:This reminds me. Dems need to get serious about the CA gubernatorial race. Thats a big one to lose

Didn't de Nieto endorse some random teacher?

PS Who wants to help me write an election infrastructure bill?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse