NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political Roleplay Pt. XII OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:47 pm

Prolieum wrote:Are there any who would prefer moving forward tomorrow night, rather than tonight, or have need of additional time beyond that?

Not that I can think of. Unless y'all want me to put a formal end to Norfolk
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:48 pm

Uttland wrote:
Prolieum wrote:Are there any who would prefer moving forward tomorrow night, rather than tonight, or have need of additional time beyond that?

Not that I can think of. Unless y'all want me to put a formal end to Norfolk

Eh, I think it's fine
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:50 pm

I guess we see if it was McGareth or Tumblr that had the lousy luck gene

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:51 pm

I can definitely see Dem sens pushing hard early to get the Ending Honoring the Confederacy up to vote once congress is back b/c of Norfolk

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:56 pm

Jared really should be tweeting here but I can't figure out how to word it

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:59 pm

That will wrap up Eric's lengthy stream of advice.

I would generally prefer to wait until it is more clear that no-one has any unfinished business to attend to, but if the strong consensus is for tonight, that can be done. Tomorrow night would, nearly certainly, be the latest time.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:00 pm

Prolieum wrote:That will wrap up Eric's lengthy stream of advice.

I would generally prefer to wait until it is more clear that no-one has any unfinished business to attend to, but if the strong consensus is for tonight, that can be done. Tomorrow night would, nearly certainly, be the latest time.

I'm ready whenever

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:00 pm

So, now that more people are on-line, whose characters support pro-enviroment policies
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:03 pm

Endem wrote:So, now that more people are on-line, whose characters support pro-enviroment policies

Most Democrats and pretty much all Progs in general, really

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:04 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:
Endem wrote:So, now that more people are on-line, whose characters support pro-enviroment policies

Any of your characters
Last edited by Endem on Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:06 pm

Endem wrote:

Any of your characters

Vilseck the most, but he's not in Congress. Jared. Stacey's less enthusiastic but there's something.

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:15 pm

Uttland wrote:Not that I can think of. Unless y'all want me to put a formal end to Norfolk

Eh, I think it's fine

McGareth somehow creates a triple play

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:16 pm

Endem wrote:Any of your characters

Vilseck the most, but he's not in Congress. Jared. Stacey's less enthusiastic but there's something.

Is Jared currently in some meeting or because of something else can't attend one? ( I kinda don't want to wait an IRL week to have a meeting with Alozia's char, plus, Jared is the DCCC Chair )

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:17 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Eh, I think it's fine

McGareth somehow creates a triple play

I will definitely laugh if that happens

This is actually a pretty important moment for the game

But really just trying to roll things on as fast as possible tbh
Last edited by Tallahassee News Station on Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:19 pm

Endem wrote:

Is Jared currently in some meeting or because of something else can't attend one? ( I kinda don't want to wait an IRL week to have a meeting with Alozia's char, plus, Jared is the DCCC Chair )

Rephrase that?

I think I gave some meeting suggestions earlier. He can definitely meet with Jared, though starting off with him does mean that the dynamics are gonna be a little different, which should still be fine

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:25 pm

I don’t have to make up an entire new character for an IL Democratic Party chairman that I just want Mayfield to have a one off meeting that I just want to serve as a slice-of-life post?

Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:26 pm

Uttland wrote:I don’t have to make up an entire new character for an IL Democratic Party chairman that I just want Mayfield to have a one off meeting that I just want to serve as a slice-of-life post?

How big a guy?

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:28 pm

Uttland wrote:I don’t have to make up an entire new character for an IL Democratic Party chairman that I just want Mayfield to have a one off meeting that I just want to serve as a slice-of-life post?

How big a guy?

She should definitely meet w/Jared at some point for running as a Dem in IL

Maybe a state committee guy for the slice, then a talking meet?

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:29 pm

How big a guy?

The IL Dem Party chairman. I’m planning a post where Mayfield is meeting with him, chats with him, and then leaves to eat food and ponder. It incorporarates her attempt to build her campaign and gain support and expand her character personally.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:30 pm

How big a guy?

She should definitely meet w/Jared at some point for running as a Dem in IL

Maybe a state committee guy for the slice, then a talking meet?

Yeah that’s what I also want to do, so sounds good. I want to have Mayfield build a basis for a campaign before actually launching one.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:37 pm

Endem wrote:Is Jared currently in some meeting or because of something else can't attend one? ( I kinda don't want to wait an IRL week to have a meeting with Alozia's char, plus, Jared is the DCCC Chair )

Rephrase that?

I think I gave some meeting suggestions earlier. He can definitely meet with Jared, though starting off with him does mean that the dynamics are gonna be a little different, which should still be fine

Mobile keyboard being a pain

Rephrasing: Is Jared currently in some meeting or because of something he can't attend a meeting? ( I kinda don't want to wait an IRL week to have a meeting with Alozia's char [ Caldwell ], plus, Jared is the DCCC Chair )

Anyway, why would the dynamics be different and how

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:39 pm

I'm ready for the jump, nothing I really need to wrap up.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:57 pm

Emby didn't really do anything wrong in the meeting, I just don't think they were getting anywhere, Bello's basically got no connection at all to Appalachia, was a little bit of a strange choice. It could've worked out if he spread out the bill to more of Carolina or broader, but that wasn't the point, makes sense to just end up parting w/o any common ground to work on

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:58 pm

Wait, edit? He was just leaving?

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:10 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Emby didn't really do anything wrong in the meeting, I just don't think they were getting anywhere, Bello's basically got no connection at all to Appalachia, was a little bit of a strange choice. It could've worked out if he spread out the bill to more of Carolina or broader, but that wasn't the point, makes sense to just end up parting w/o any common ground to work on

I/He cast a wide net. I literally search every state in appalachia and checked the OOC for characters from there and asked them for support.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse