NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political Roleplay Pt. XII OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:09 pm

Dentali wrote:
Uttland wrote:Oh we better not have any black inactive important characters or the optics won't be looking good...

Jokes aside, there's tons. Fitzgerald, Clark, Parssons, Ramirez, etc

Ramirez being the governor of cali? I dont know much about him in the game but thats too important a position to not be an active player

Correct. I think he was rather important in the primaries(?), but i jus think, same with you, that the Cali governor is too important to be left inactive.
Dentali wrote:
Uttland wrote:Oh we better not have any black inactive important characters or the optics won't be looking good...

Jokes aside, there's tons. Fitzgerald, Clark, Parssons, Ramirez, etc

Fitzgerald is major a former black governor of a soon to be swing southern state and the former VP who resigned on principle when winston went nuts? Yea amen thats a good candidate for president

Yeah, wait I think he has a brain tumor. Which is why he couldn't succeed Winston. Didn't resign, I believe.
Last edited by Uttland on Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:11 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:
Uttland wrote:That doesn’t change the fact the fact that the Iraq War was questionable and debatable under UN law. The constitution is the supreme law of the land in the US, not the UN.

That does not mean we should let China and her puppets make OUR LAWS. Our Constitution should come first in our sovereign decisions.

How is the UN a pro-China organization? How does China have puppets?

Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:12 pm

Uttland wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Ramirez being the governor of cali? I dont know much about him in the game but thats too important a position to not be an active player

Correct. I think he was rather important in the primaries(?), but i jus think, same with you, that the Cali governor is too important to be left inactive.
Dentali wrote:
Fitzgerald is major a former black governor of a soon to be swing southern state and the former VP who resigned on principle when winston went nuts? Yea amen thats a good candidate for president

Yeah, wait I think he has a brain tumor. Which is why he couldn't succeed Winston. Didn't resign, I believe.

well then scratch fitzgerald... wait could someone play his son? Head of a non-profit, takes a legacy run for the governorship of georgia?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:14 pm

Dentali wrote:
Uttland wrote:Correct. I think he was rather important in the primaries(?), but i jus think, same with you, that the Cali governor is too important to be left inactive.

well then scratch fitzgerald... wait could someone play his son? Head of a non-profit, takes a legacy run for the governorship of georgia?

Mathew Fitzgerald Jr. (age 25)? Could he run? Does Georgia have limitations on age for governors?

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:20 pm

I really want to do a debate, but there's no election I'm in where I can participate in one minus NY GOP primary but like two of those people are inactive. I might jump in Washington's special election just to do one. Or even Virginia or Oklahoma.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:30 pm

Uttland wrote:I really want to do a debate, but there's no election I'm in where I can participate in one minus NY GOP primary but like two of those people are inactive. I might jump in Washington's special election just to do one. Or even Virginia or Oklahoma.

we could do a one off debate? like the CNN debate specials? who are you characters interested in debating?

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:40 pm

Uttland wrote:I really want to do a debate, but there's no election I'm in where I can participate in one minus NY GOP primary but like two of those people are inactive. I might jump in Washington's special election just to do one. Or even Virginia or Oklahoma.

Samara would debate torres, and will probably endorse your illinois character

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:43 pm

Dentali wrote:

we could do a one off debate? like the CNN debate specials? who are you characters interested in debating?

I don't know. Maybe Lane, I haven't done anything with her in a while. Maybe a debate against a Prog/Dem senator on a specific issue. Or Rhodes, but vice versa.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:44 pm

Dentali wrote:

That can work as well, especially if it's on a specific issue.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:46 pm

Uttland wrote:
Dentali wrote:

That can work as well, especially if it's on a specific issue.

find a moderator and youre on

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:52 pm

Dentali wrote:
Uttland wrote:That can work as well, especially if it's on a specific issue.

Gotcha, but we also need an issue. Gun control? any other ideas?

It's 10:00, so we probably can't find anyone rn, however for tomorrow I can wrangle someone.

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:23 pm

Uttland wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Gotcha, but we also need an issue. Gun control? any other ideas?

It's 10:00, so we probably can't find anyone rn, however for tomorrow I can wrangle someone.

I heard y'all needed a moderater?

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:24 pm

VIrginia is taken
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:24 pm

Sanabel wrote:

VIrginia is taken

Make somebody run in Washington, De Nieto is willing to go hard to win the district

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:36 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Uttland wrote:Gotcha, but we also need an issue. Gun control? any other ideas?

Yep. Y’all free tomorrow?

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:38 pm

Uttland wrote:Gotcha, but we also need an issue. Gun control? any other ideas?

healthcare healthcare healthcare

yea im good after 630pm est tomorrow

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:38 pm

I think the character auction is a good idea, even if it’s under the assumption nthat the old player could take them back.

Who are the vital characters that require auctioning?
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:42 pm

Sanabel wrote:VIrginia is taken

Make somebody run in Washington, De Nieto is willing to go hard to win the district

So hard he's willing to attack a Progressive as soon as she announced with claims of Ponzi schemery. Honestly, having just a Progressive and Flores running in Washington seems weird.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:45 pm

Sanabel wrote:I think the character auction is a good idea, even if it’s under the assumption nthat the old player could take them back.

MacKay (D-PA) Senator
Ramirez (D-CA) Governor
Parssons (R-PA) House Majority Whip
Medina (D-GA) Senator
Clark (D-NJ) DCCC chair
Scalise (R-MO) Senator
Among others
Last edited by Uttland on Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:49 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Make somebody run in Washington, De Nieto is willing to go hard to win the district

So hard he's willing to attack a Progressive as soon as she announced with claims of Ponzi schemery. Honestly, having just a Progressive and Flores running in Washington seems weird.

Yeah it is very strange that it’s essential two third parties in the race, (depending on how ‘third’ you count the Progs)

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:47 pm

I would like to participate in this auction if we ever do it.
Die nasty!!111

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:11 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Puertollano wrote:
He'd become a John Delaney.

Buttigieg

If that were true, that'd be pretty good.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:28 pm

Uttland wrote:
Sanabel wrote:I think the character auction is a good idea, even if it’s under the assumption nthat the old player could take them back.

MacKay (D-PA) Senator
Ramirez (D-CA) Governor
Medina (D-GA) Senator
Clark (D-NJ) DCCC chair
Scalise (R-MO) Senator
Among others

I will only take characters that nobody else wants

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:40 am

Uttland wrote:

MacKay (D-PA) Senator
Ramirez (D-CA) Governor
Medina (D-GA) Senator
Clark (D-NJ) DCCC chair
Scalise (R-MO) Senator
Among others

I don’t think we should auction Medina. Korea of the South makes appearances now and again.

We should, however, add Conti to the list.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:20 am

New Cobastheia wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:The problem with Taylor is that he was unhinged and impulsive. I kept on cringing OOC as I took decisions I knew OOC were bad, but IC Martin Taylor would take anyway.

I still regret resigning, even though I knew to myself OOC that it was a bad decision. I tried so hard to avoid a Marty Sue that I made the opposite.

Tsai would have to know that Walton would support her before she'd do something like that, sure it could be advantageous now but if she does something like that and then Walton comes out against her for some reason, from Tsai's eyes that could kill any future run she may want to take if she doesn't win this one.

Only reason I when for the anti-corporatism for the rally was because of this and because I really wanted to get a rally post out and just kind of fell back on to something I'm used to RP, next rally's probably going to be in support of local and small business so no worries about Taylorifing Tsai in the long run.

Technically Taylor supporting local business is one of his main platforms but ok

Just when I thought we’d get our first member. Sadly, we have no chance in hell of winning any of the special elections, since the Democrats and Progressives are hogging up the more moderate part of the ALP.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse