NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political Roleplay Pt. XII OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:29 pm

Vaquas wrote:CNN had an 11 year old eloquent kid reporter on and they were asking him questions and they asked him “which candidate are you most impressed by?”

His unironic response?

“Marianne Williamson.”

See, everyone loves Crazy Crystal Mama

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:29 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Dentali wrote:

Can you be more specific

Race and gender is weighted too heavily relative to political office. Maybe not for the Dems, but definitely for the GOP

I think with it being for a VP choice going into a gen election it's not too bad, I wouldn't use it to rate primary candidates though

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Dentali wrote:ALRIGHT so im updating my point system and will be applying it to potential 2020 dem and prog candidates. I would appreciate feedback

Women +10
Black or Hispanic +10
Other Minority +6
Governor +10
Senator +8
Cabinet +6
Mayor Major City +4
Mayor Minor City +2
Private Sector Success +4
House of Reps +2
Number of Statewide Election Won +2
Years in office +1 per year

Tone the woman part down to 6, tbh. I don't think a white woman would succeed as much as a Hispanic/Black man tbh.

Reverse of this I think, female candidate does more as a VP add on than a minority one
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:30 pm

Vaquas wrote:CNN had an 11 year old eloquent kid reporter on and they were asking him questions and they asked him “which candidate are you most impressed by?”

His unironic response?

“Marianne Williamson.”

New Mexico IC whenever you get a chance, Pepper+Lopez+Brooks huddle to wrap up and figure out what to do

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:31 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:

His unironic response?

“Marianne Williamson.”

New Mexico IC whenever you get a chance, Pepper+Lopez+Brooks huddle to wrap up and figure out what to do

They should just plant a ton of stuff on Rosa.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:33 pm

Meelducan wrote:

They should just plant a ton of stuff on Rosa.

Like pumpkins and palm trees

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:41 pm

Sanabel wrote:Race and gender is weighted too heavily relative to political office. Maybe not for the Dems, but definitely for the GOP

I think with it being for a VP choice going into a gen election it's not too bad, I wouldn't use it to rate primary candidates though

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Tone the woman part down to 6, tbh. I don't think a white woman would succeed as much as a Hispanic/Black man tbh.

Reverse of this I think, female candidate does more as a VP add on than a minority one

Based on my studies, I believe that minority candidates swing more minority voters than woman candidates swing woman voters. Consider:
In 2016, there was an average 20% swing from Trump to Hillary between males and females.
In 2012, there was an average 20% swing from Romney to Obama between blacks and asians. Between whites and blacks, it was a whopping 54% swing from Romney to Obama. Think about that. Even between two minority groups alone, the difference is exactly the same. But between whites and blacks, it was over 50%. OVER 50%. In fact, women actually swung against Hillary from Obama in 2016 by approximately 2%. The polls don't lie.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:42 pm

Sanabel wrote:Race and gender is weighted too heavily relative to political office. Maybe not for the Dems, but definitely for the GOP

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Tone the woman part down to 6, tbh. I don't think a white woman would succeed as much as a Hispanic/Black man tbh.

As for VP, just look at Sarah Palin in 2008. I don't think there's ever been a minority VP.

EDIT: Never mind. We have a half-Native, half-British VP who served under....

Herbert effing Hoover.

Of course.
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:47 pm

As for VP, just look at Sarah Palin in 2008. I don't think there's ever been a minority VP.

EDIT: Never mind. We have a half-Native, half-British VP who served under....

Herbert effing Hoover.

Of course.

He was surprisingly shit for Native Americans too, we don't remember him fondly/ever
Fun fact, he used Native American tropes to advance his career in the Senate.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:59 pm

His unironic response?

“Marianne Williamson.”

Bright future, right into Williamson’s press office
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:12 pm

Alozia wrote:
(Image)
This one has a title, "Exile". After the contentious election of 2020, President Donald Johnson wasted no time dealing with his enemies. In the first few months of his Presidency he siezed control over numerous government agencies, making them loyal not to the United States of America, but rather himself. Positioning himself to seize absolute power he launched a campaign against political dissenters, arresting members of the Progressive Party, most notably it's leader and two-time presidential nominee Ellen Walton. Not everyone was successfully arrested, however. John Kingston, recently re-elected (albeit barely) Senator from Maine was vacationing in Florida when the news of the arrests reached him. Using his wealth he managed to rent a boat and did the unthinkable - sailed to Cuba. (Pictured above is Kingston after being recieved by the Cuban government). In the meantime, the wholesome Senator Ella Enchanted escaped to Canada with the help of two turncoat FBI agents whose sympathy she earned during the arrest attempt aimed at her. Senator Reginaldo Alphonsey initally managed to escape, but was eventually killed after a two-hour standoff at his estranged son's apartament in California. Every woman of low social status in the US is now forced to wear Costco employee uniforms, as penance for the crimes of the Walton family, notoriously lead by a woman. Every Walmart employee was sent to one of America's many new re-education camps, although their fate has not yet been uncovered.

Troy Wilson is chairman of the Judiciary committee and has subpoenaed high ranking members of the Johnson cabinet, held one in contempt of Congress and is planning a probe to expose Johnson.
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:30 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:
Alozia wrote:
(Image)
This one has a title, "Exile". After the contentious election of 2020, President Donald Johnson wasted no time dealing with his enemies. In the first few months of his Presidency he siezed control over numerous government agencies, making them loyal not to the United States of America, but rather himself. Positioning himself to seize absolute power he launched a campaign against political dissenters, arresting members of the Progressive Party, most notably it's leader and two-time presidential nominee Ellen Walton. Not everyone was successfully arrested, however. John Kingston, recently re-elected (albeit barely) Senator from Maine was vacationing in Florida when the news of the arrests reached him. Using his wealth he managed to rent a boat and did the unthinkable - sailed to Cuba. (Pictured above is Kingston after being recieved by the Cuban government). In the meantime, the wholesome Senator Ella Enchanted escaped to Canada with the help of two turncoat FBI agents whose sympathy she earned during the arrest attempt aimed at her. Senator Reginaldo Alphonsey initally managed to escape, but was eventually killed after a two-hour standoff at his estranged son's apartament in California. Every woman of low social status in the US is now forced to wear Costco employee uniforms, as penance for the crimes of the Walton family, notoriously lead by a woman. Every Walmart employee was sent to one of America's many new re-education camps, although their fate has not yet been uncovered.

Troy Wilson is chairman of the Judiciary committee and has subpoenaed high ranking members of the Johnson cabinet, held one in contempt of Congress and is planning a probe to expose Johnson.

Please no... Considering Troy Wilson's background in this type of stuff he is more likely to have Johnson declared God Emperor than actually bringing him down

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:41 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:
Alozia wrote:
(Image)

Troy Wilson is probably dead in this scenario. Or he's the head of the Senate Republican Conference as a useful idiot.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:53 pm

I hear Williamson is killing it.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:54 pm

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... ce/305292/

Apparently Sam Brownback once begged forgiveness from Hillary Clinton, confessing that he had hated her and said very terrible things about her, but was ‘overcome by God’ and asked to be forgiven when he spotted her at the Congressional Prayer Group. Reportedly she did forgive him. The entire experience guilt tripped him so hard they wrote a bill together.

Clinton in general was quite good at making congressional GOPers like her, and Karl Rove seriously attempted to forbid Republicans talking to her in the Senate.

Weird and fascinating stuff

Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:01 pm

Uttland wrote:https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2006/11/take-two-hillarys-choice/305292/

Apparently Sam Brownback once begged forgiveness from Hillary Clinton, confessing that he had hated her and said very terrible things about her, but was ‘overcome by God’ and asked to be forgiven when he spotted her at the Congressional Prayer Group. Reportedly she did forgive him. The entire experience guilt tripped him so hard they wrote a bill together.

Clinton in general was quite good at making congressional GOPers like her, and Karl Rove seriously attempted to forbid Republicans talking to her in the Senate.

Wonder if Hillary and Bernie had any interaction in Congress

-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass

What have we done...

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:07 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Uttland wrote:https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2006/11/take-two-hillarys-choice/305292/

Wonder if Hillary and Bernie had any interaction in Congress

Well they had to met atleast once when she was First Lady

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:22 pm

Hey, can one of you help me with my speech? It's right here:

(Note: Before reading, please note that the speech is given by a fascist/ultracapitalist guy who would be 10,10 on the political compass)

The wealthiest and most powerful people of America and of the Republican Party had gathered in a great hall in Washington D.C....but why? Perhaps it was a party, or just another campaign fundraiser. The great American oligarchs and Republican party leaders sat in the hall, as Milton got ready to make his address to the nation. He walked onto the stage, as a loud ovation came to the crowd, showing just how much Milton was supported by the rich and powerful. He wasn't a puppet of the establishment...He was the establishment. TV cameras rolled across the nation, and every news channel plastered his face upon it.

A nation was listening. An orchestra beat the sounds of the Battle Hymn of the Republic, which reminded his supporters of the power of American music. His detractors, however, compared him to Pelley and the Silver Legion. Nonetheless, it was a piece of music which stirred great feelings.

"Today, modern America has reached an age of degeneracy and chaos. We have men marrying goats in the streets and illegal immigrants passing our border like it's just some line in the sand. The Democrats have sold this nation away to Cultural Marxists and to the Deep State. They are a threat to American values and ought to be fought in the streets. They murder babies, expose children to degenerate sexual activities which lead to HIV/AIDS and undermine our faith in God and in country. We all know it deep down, it's just that the Political Correctness Police call us racist, sexist nazis when we talk about pure, wholesome American values. Do we really want a nation that celebrates pedophillic sexual deviants infected with all sorts of diseases, illegal aliens which come here to steal welfare, subvert our democracy and take away the wages of hard-working Americans along with the worst group of all - the fascist anti-fascists. In cooperation with the Political Correctness Police, they assault the 1st and 2nd Amendments. Nobody is ever allowed to say the truth anymore! As George Orwell once said: "In a time of universal deceit, merely telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

And that is what I shall do. I shall start a revolution. A revolution to take back American values. To end the degenerate abomination which has taken this nation for decades upon decades. I am proud to say I am a white man today, and you should too! We won't let these cowards who call us nazis and expose our children to rapists and to thugs win over this nation! We shall resist in every state, in every neighbourhood, until the pestilence of liberalism is eradicated from Earth itself. When we do that, we shall not merely free America, but the world. The true, ethnically pure, family of a mother and a father with their two and a half children working - as is their duty - to enjoy their lives in peaceful retirement shall be the true realisation of the American dream. We shall have a free market that rivals all other nations, and a prospering economy built from the very top! Socialism has failed America, so let us raise the banner of capitalism! For God and for country!"
Please Watch

Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:27 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Hey, can one of you help me with my speech? It's right here:

(Note: Before reading, please note that the speech is given by a fascist/ultracapitalist guy who would be 10,10 on the political compass)

The wealthiest and most powerful people of America and of the Republican Party had gathered in a great hall in Washington D.C....but why? Perhaps it was a party, or just another campaign fundraiser. The great American oligarchs and Republican party leaders sat in the hall, as Milton got ready to make his address to the nation. He walked onto the stage, as a loud ovation came to the crowd, showing just how much Milton was supported by the rich and powerful. He wasn't a puppet of the establishment...He was the establishment. TV cameras rolled across the nation, and every news channel plastered his face upon it.

A nation was listening. An orchestra beat the sounds of the Battle Hymn of the Republic, which reminded his supporters of the power of American music. His detractors, however, compared him to Pelley and the Silver Legion. Nonetheless, it was a piece of music which stirred great feelings.

"Today, modern America has reached an age of degeneracy and chaos. We have men marrying goats in the streets and illegal immigrants passing our border like it's just some line in the sand. The Democrats have sold this nation away to Cultural Marxists and to the Deep State. They are a threat to American values and ought to be fought in the streets. They murder babies, expose children to degenerate sexual activities which lead to HIV/AIDS and undermine our faith in God and in country. We all know it deep down, it's just that the Political Correctness Police call us racist, sexist nazis when we talk about pure, wholesome American values. Do we really want a nation that celebrates pedophillic sexual deviants infected with all sorts of diseases, illegal aliens which come here to steal welfare, subvert our democracy and take away the wages of hard-working Americans along with the worst group of all - the fascist anti-fascists. In cooperation with the Political Correctness Police, they assault the 1st and 2nd Amendments. Nobody is ever allowed to say the truth anymore! As George Orwell once said: "In a time of universal deceit, merely telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

And that is what I shall do. I shall start a revolution. A revolution to take back American values. To end the degenerate abomination which has taken this nation for decades upon decades. I am proud to say I am a white man today, and you should too! We won't let these cowards who call us nazis and expose our children to rapists and to thugs win over this nation! We shall resist in every state, in every neighbourhood, until the pestilence of liberalism is eradicated from Earth itself. When we do that, we shall not merely free America, but the world. The true, ethnically pure, family of a mother and a father with their two and a half children working - as is their duty - to enjoy their lives in peaceful retirement shall be the true realisation of the American dream. We shall have a free market that rivals all other nations, and a prospering economy built from the very top! Socialism has failed America, so let us raise the banner of capitalism! For God and for country!"

Stop ripping off Williams

-Aristotle
Political Compass

What have we done...

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:27 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Hey, can one of you help me with my speech? It's right here:

It's for another RP lol
Please Watch

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:12 am

I ship this. Bernabeth? Sarren?

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:14 am

Uttland wrote:(Image)

Sanders-Warren 2020 ticket looks interesting....
Please Watch

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:35 am

Uttland wrote:(Image)

Sanders-Warren 2020 ticket looks interesting....

that would be the dumbest move
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:07 am

Daily reminder that we were a step away from President Will Smith at one point.

I might have an idea what to do with him.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:09 am

It's for another RP lol

Which RP?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:14 am

Based on my studies, I believe that minority candidates swing more minority voters than woman candidates swing woman voters. Consider:
In 2016, there was an average 20% swing from Trump to Hillary between males and females.
In 2012, there was an average 20% swing from Romney to Obama between blacks and asians. Between whites and blacks, it was a whopping 54% swing from Romney to Obama. Think about that. Even between two minority groups alone, the difference is exactly the same. But between whites and blacks, it was over 50%. OVER 50%. In fact, women actually swung against Hillary from Obama in 2016 by approximately 2%. The polls don't lie.

What even are these numbers...

It sounds like you're just saying that black voters are more Dem than woman voters in the most confusing possible way

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse