NATION

PASSWORD

Washington 2017: The U.S. Political Roleplay Pt. XII OOC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:23 pm

Taylor's got an invite as ALP head
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:25 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:Taylor's got an invite as ALP head

Thank you. Noted.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Tallahassee News Station
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallahassee News Station » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:27 pm

I'm going to review the app once Mateo gets to get settled in a little, but I'm with Vaq on not trying to make every char of yours randomly gay

(And yet somehow opposes ssm for some reason?)
Proud Co-OP of the 2016 Washington Political RP

PRO oppression, hate speech, robbing from the poor and giving to the rich, outsourcing jobs, unemployment, career politicians, pollution, pineapple on pizza

ANTI equality, free speech, pursuit of happiness, quality education, freedom, charity, prosperity, puppies and kittens

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:31 pm

Dentali wrote:ALRIGHT so im updating my point system and will be applying it to potential 2020 dem and prog candidates. I would appreciate feedback

Women +10
Black or Hispanic +10
Other Minority +6
Governor +10
Senator +8
Cabinet +6
Mayor Major City +4
Mayor Minor City +2
Private Sector Success +4
House of Reps +2
Number of Statewide Election Won +2
Years in office +1 per year

Clearwater scores a 38 with military experience added, assuming he wins in 2017.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:40 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:I'm going to review the app once Mateo gets to get settled in a little, but I'm with Vaq on not trying to make every char of yours randomly gay

Some people are weird. Also neither Mateo nor Taylor are gay. I'll clarify with Mateo: it was just that weird experimentation thing lots of people do in college/university. He's not actually gay. But either way, I can remove that part if you want. Not a big part of his politics anyway. The only non-negotiable part really is his military experiences. That's the entire crux of his character.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:43 pm

Dentali wrote:ALRIGHT so im updating my point system and will be applying it to potential 2020 dem and prog candidates. I would appreciate feedback

Women +10
Black or Hispanic +10
Other Minority +6
Governor +10
Senator +8
Cabinet +6
Mayor Major City +4
Mayor Minor City +2
Private Sector Success +4
House of Reps +2
Number of Statewide Election Won +2
Years in office +1 per year

Tone the woman part down to 6, tbh. I don't think a white woman would succeed as much as a Hispanic/Black man tbh.
Please Watch

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:43 pm

Stansky scores an 8 with those criteria (assuming Trenton is 'major')
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:44 pm

Tallahassee News Station wrote:I'm going to review the app once Mateo gets to get settled in a little, but I'm with Vaq on not trying to make every char of yours randomly gay

Question about Cameron: Do you think it's possible I get him hooked up in a legislative position of some sort? Even if just a minor representative?
Please Watch

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:45 pm

Puertollano wrote:Stansky scores an 8 with those criteria (assuming Trenton is 'major')

Yeah, white men are screwed. As TNS said, a half-Asian, half-black homeless woman would have a higher score than a two term white male governor.

Also, Taylor would've scored a 3 had he not resigned.
Please Watch

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:47 pm

I agree that I think the points are off.

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:14 pm

Sanabel wrote:I agree that I think the points are off.

Can you be more specific
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:21 pm

Dentali wrote:
Sanabel wrote:I agree that I think the points are off.

Can you be more specific

Race and gender is weighted too heavily relative to political office. Maybe not for the Dems, but definitely for the GOP
Last edited by Sanabel on Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:27 pm

This one has a title, "Exile". After the contentious election of 2020, President Donald Johnson wasted no time dealing with his enemies. In the first few months of his Presidency he siezed control over numerous government agencies, making them loyal not to the United States of America, but rather himself. Positioning himself to seize absolute power he launched a campaign against political dissenters, arresting members of the Progressive Party, most notably it's leader and two-time presidential nominee Ellen Walton. Not everyone was successfully arrested, however. John Kingston, recently re-elected (albeit barely) Senator from Maine was vacationing in Florida when the news of the arrests reached him. Using his wealth he managed to rent a boat and did the unthinkable - sailed to Cuba. (Pictured above is Kingston after being recieved by the Cuban government). In the meantime, the wholesome Senator Ella Enchanted escaped to Canada with the help of two turncoat FBI agents whose sympathy she earned during the arrest attempt aimed at her. Senator Reginaldo Alphonsey initally managed to escape, but was eventually killed after a two-hour standoff at his estranged son's apartament in California. Every woman of low social status in the US is now forced to wear Costco employee uniforms, as penance for the crimes of the Walton family, notoriously lead by a woman. Every Walmart employee was sent to one of America's many new re-education camps, although their fate has not yet been uncovered.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:35 pm

Alozia wrote:
(Image)
This one has a title, "Exile". After the contentious election of 2020, President Donald Johnson wasted no time dealing with his enemies. In the first few months of his Presidency he siezed control over numerous government agencies, making them loyal not to the United States of America, but rather himself. Positioning himself to seize absolute power he launched a campaign against political dissenters, arresting members of the Progressive Party, most notably it's leader and two-time presidential nominee Ellen Walton. Not everyone was successfully arrested, however. John Kingston, recently re-elected (albeit barely) Senator from Maine was vacationing in Florida when the news of the arrests reached him. Using his wealth he managed to rent a boat and did the unthinkable - sailed to Cuba. (Pictured above is Kingston after being recieved by the Cuban government). In the meantime, the wholesome Senator Ella Enchanted escaped to Canada with the help of two turncoat FBI agents whose sympathy she earned during the arrest attempt aimed at her. Senator Reginaldo Alphonsey initally managed to escape, but was eventually killed after a two-hour standoff at his estranged son's apartament in California. Every woman of low social status in the US is now forced to wear Costco employee uniforms, as penance for the crimes of the Walton family, notoriously lead by a woman. Every Walmart employee was sent to one of America's many new re-education camps, although their fate has not yet been uncovered.

What did Donald Johnson do with his friend Taylor Cox?
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:36 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Alozia wrote:
(Image)

Oh, I'm sure he'll be fine. :twisted:
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:44 pm

Alozia wrote:
(Image)

But Morton escaped in the Tramper to New Zealand. Haha!

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:45 pm

Alozia wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:

Oh, I'm sure he'll be fine. :twisted:

I want to savor in some Cox fan art. I must know what happens to him.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:57 pm

Alozia wrote:
(Image)

He said he wanted guns only to be legal for Democrats to own for a reason...

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:11 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Puertollano wrote:Stansky scores an 8 with those criteria (assuming Trenton is 'major')

Yeah, white men are screwed. As TNS said, a half-Asian, half-black homeless woman would have a higher score than a two term white male governor.

Just did the math and Florence has 20 points

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:14 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Yeah, white men are screwed. As TNS said, a half-Asian, half-black homeless woman would have a higher score than a two term white male governor.

Just did the math and Florence has 20 points

Cameron has 14 points (since I'm counting the Midwestern Telegraph as a private sector success), and two more if you include military experience.
Please Watch

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:21 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:Just did the math and Florence has 20 points

Cameron has 14 points (since I'm counting the Midwestern Telegraph as a private sector success), and two more if you include military experience.

Definitely need tweet my numbers, put more emphasis on statewide elected office, less on identity politics and make a category for national name recognition
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:25 pm

CNN had an 11 year old eloquent kid reporter on and they were asking him questions and they asked him “which candidate are you most impressed by?”

His unironic response?

“Marianne Williamson.”
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:27 pm

Dentali wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Cameron has 14 points (since I'm counting the Midwestern Telegraph as a private sector success), and two more if you include military experience.

Definitely need tweet my numbers, put more emphasis on statewide elected office, less on identity politics and make a category for national name recognition

Cameron's got name recognition in the Midwest, so it's not going to make it harder for him. Also, are there points for swing states, and is Michigan one?
Please Watch

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:27 pm

Dentali wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Cameron has 14 points (since I'm counting the Midwestern Telegraph as a private sector success), and two more if you include military experience.

I think that a gender/identity boost would work better if it has a condition like, such as already being in elected office.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:28 pm

Vaquas wrote:CNN had an 11 year old eloquent kid reporter on and they were asking him questions and they asked him “which candidate are you most impressed by?”

His unironic response?

“Marianne Williamson.”

He will be Marianne Williamson’s Press Secretary.
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse