NATION

PASSWORD

Party House Murders: The Bloody Shack [IC] CONCLUDED!!!

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:46 am

Ashley Takizawa

"A good idea," Ashley said.

He had another idea. He fumbled through some of the drawer and the cupboards. He found some candles.

"Could be handy... good call Kier... but I DO WONDER..."

He kept opening up more drawers and cupboards. "Come on, come on..."

One of the drawers was filled with utensils. Most of the knives were not great for combat, they were basic kitchen knives. However, he found a particularly large kitchen knife, just the one. Perfect for combat?

"This won't help us against a crossbow at long range," Ashley reasoned. "But maybe if we get the jump on the killer. There's only one. Who should take it?"

He turned to Kier. "Do you want it? Have you been in fights before?"

Ashley thought back to his childhood. As a Japanese-American kid, he'd seen his fair bit of schoolyard fights. But they were petty squabbles; once or twice he'd even stood up for a kid who was bullied. But NOTHING of this scale... this was a true life or death fight.

Ashley was quite athletic but Kier was much bulkier and seemed a great deal tougher. Or should they give the knife to April so she could protect herself?

"We should also take a few candles."
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:04 am

April Oberlin

"You got any matches with those candles? If not, we might be still stuck in the dark." April said to Ashley, as he was wondering what to do with the knife. "I think I'm good at sneaking around. Kier can have the knife, if you wish. But we're dealing with someone with a crossbow here."
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:13 am

Kier

"I don't light my cigarettes with magic," Kier told April, showing her an almost full box of matches, "That would be useful if I can summon fire but that's not my strong suit. I'll take the knife if neither of you want it...I just wish I could find some decent fist-sized stones. I'm good at throwing things, it's how I win games."
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:20 am

Ashley Takizawa

"Alright then," he said.

He handed Kier the large kitchen knife carefully.

The Japanese-American teen looked out of the barred windows of the kitchen. It was still just slightly bright outside.

"Maybe we'll light them later," he said. "Let's all take some candles for now. I'll lead the way."

He stepped out of the kitchen and turned left (since they had entered from the right). He made yet another turn and walked down a hallway.

He looked left and right into the rooms on either side. Then he saw it...

"OH SHIT!" he cried out in spite of himself.

There were red, still partly wet stains of blood flowing out from under one of the doors.

From where Ashley was standing, he could see very little of the room from which the blood was flowing out of...
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:32 am

Kier

"Well this is nice," Kier remarked dryly, looking at the bloodstains, and trying to make up his mind. He walked up to the door and knocked calmly, before diving behind a corner and pulling Ashley with him.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:38 am

Ashley Takizawa

There was no response from anything behind the door.

However, when Kier knocked the door, it hinged open...

and what was behind it was NOT a pretty sight.

A corpse lay on the floor. An arrow pinned him to the floor through the leg. Another one went through the back of his head and out through the front of his O shaped mouth. A slight trail of red flowed out from his wounded leg.

Ashley inched forward slightly and regretted looking.

"It's... It's ALEXANDER!"

His heart sank as he realized the killer had at least taken two lives now. First Gerry Elliott and now Alexander Tarrow too. And who's to say if he didn't get anyone else back at the stairway? Ashley didn't really want to think about the possibility.

Ashley felt like he might throw up. But he drew from his inner strength and composed himself.

Ashley bent down and touched the blood.

"It's almost completely dry," he said. "He's been dead for some time."

To be absolutely sure there was no one else inside, Ashley bravely walked into the room and looked around. Sure enough, no sign of another party.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:41 am, edited 5 times in total.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:19 am

Kier

"Another thing I've noticed as well," Kier told Ashley, "He leaves his arrows where he kills...why? Does he have such a large supply of them here, or is he an idiot?"

Recuecn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:23 am

Ava had sprinted away from the killer, following Anna and Fred, not pausing to look over her shoulder. Suddenly, Anna had tripped, and Ava had passed her. She'd kept running, but then she saw Fred look back, turn, and then begin to run... towards the killer. What was he thinking!

Ava now stopped too, looking back from behind the cover of the doorframe. Fred was sprinting straight towards the killer at the top of the stairs. Anna lay on the ground, seemingly unable to get up. Evanora, who had followed them, hadn't stopped, and was apparently nowhere to be seen.

Ava wasn't going to run off by herself. Safety in numbers, she thought. Not that Fred and Anna provided much safety when one was sprinting suicidally straight at the killer and the other lay on the floor. But she couldn't leave them now.

At least it appeared that Fred was creating some kind of distraction. Ava ran back into the room, bent over as if at any minute another crossbow bolt would go whizzing past. She ran to Anna.

"Anna!" She hissed. "Come on, let's get out of here while we have the chance!"

She grabbed Anna by the armpits in an attempt to help her up, put her arm over Ava's shoulder, and help her hobble out of the room.
rəswɛsən

White Bluff
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 07, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby White Bluff » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:57 am

Evanora looked and saw Joyce, she cut Joyce off as she yelled at her, "There's no time for that, we have to get out! Where is Alexander?! Fred, Anna, and Ava should be behind me."

That's when she realized that she'd have to break the news of Gerry's death, her normally composed, calm facade broke, "Gerry...he...he's dead...upstairs, someone gutted him...then Lily ran off then we were shot at by a guy in a mask..."

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:59 pm

Joyce Wu

Joyce Wu looked at Evanora closely. Then she snickered.

“Wow holy shit your acting is good!”

She reached out for a high five.

“You almost got me Goth girl a haha, now serious... where’s Gerry?”

She fumbled inside her white jacket and got to it. A packet of chewing gum. Great stuff after all the smoking earlier.

“You want some too?” She said as she popped one into her mouth.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:14 pm

Anna watched in complete terror as Fred rushed towards the killer to distract, a very loud battle cry coming out from him.

Then she felt a forceful pair of arms grab her and drag her back. Ava’s panicked voice seemed to echo to Anna. Anna was in complete shock but she found herself moving back though her head still darted back.

The killer aimed and fired.

THWACK!

This time, his aim was unfailing. Even at the angle, somehow the arrow instantly struck Fred Winchester under his shoulder... straight at the heart.

Fred instantly stopped running and yelling as the arrow penetrated his body with a sickening sound and came out partially out the back. His handsome eyes frozen in fierceness, he crumpled forward, fell in his knees and died.

His death was instantaneous, no last thoughts, no last words... instantly he was gone.

As Anna was dragged out behind the cover of the doorframe and wall where it was safe, her green eyes widened in terror as she witnessed her older brother die.

“YIAAAAAAAAAAaAAAAAAAARG!”

She let out at a bloodcurdling high pitched scream, tears flying out from her eyes and her pale visage completely distorted.

The killer lowered his weapon with some satisfaction, satisfied at the kill.

Without the strongest leaders Fred and Gerry, the rest of the pack would fight and split. A ship without a captain faced certain ruin, the killer had read before.

Ava and Anna were gone now. He could descend the stairs and chase but it was better to return to the lair and replenish ammunition first.

With considerable satisfaction, the murderer retreated into the shadows above the stairway.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:22 pm

After some more running, Ava and Anna found themselves in another room.

Anna Winchester

“I... I don’t understand, why... why did Fred-“

Then it hit her. Fred gave his life to save her life. And now her older brother was gone forever. Tears rushed down her face.

Never again would Fred play Crash Bandicoot with her. Never again would Fred help her with schoolwork or give her advice. Never again would Fred be dragged along to go hiking with her. No more hangouts at the ice cream store...

“It’s... it’s all my fault,” she said tearfully. “He said this party was dangerous. He only came because of me. This... this is all my fault...”

Anna turned to Ava.

“You saved my life too, I might not have run. Thanks.”
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Recuecn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:21 pm

As Ava pulled Anna from the room with the killer, the worst happened. As she watched, the killer pulled the trigger, and a crossbow bolt flew straight through Fred's heart. He fell to his knees silently, as Anna screamed. Ava fought the instinct to freeze in shock at the sight of this calamity, just as he had paused each time she'd encountered something spooky upon entering the house. But now with adrenaline pumping through her veins, that was out of the question. She had dashed back into this room to save Anna, and she had to pull her out while she had the chance. Taking her hand, she turned and led the way as the pair ran through the house.

When they finally stopped, out of breath, and hopefully far enough away through the maze of rooms that the killer wouldn't know where they were for the time being, Ava paused to breathe heavily. She was shaking all over. She looked at Anna, who was crying. Of course. She's just watch her brother be killed in front of her eyes. Ava had hoped never to see a dead body. Now tonight she had watched someone die. She was sure she'd need therapy if she got out of this alive. But the sight of Anna sobbing pushed this from her mind.

Anna was beside herself, and it filled Ava with pity. She'd thought it was sweet the way Fred had been looking out for her, protecting her. Now she felt the same instinct. The pair of girls was maybe the two youngest who had shown up for the party, but even if she was only a a year older than Anna, Ava decided in that moment that she would make sure that nothing happened to her. They had to stick together.

Ava put her arms around the crying Anna in a hug, trying to console her, although she knew that after what had happened, there was no quick end to this grief, even if the tears could be wiped away. Ava felt a tear trickling down her own cheek as well. She hadn't told anyone, but she had had some feelings for Fred--in fact, that was why she'd decided to come to this party and skip out on her friends on Halloween. She hadn't been sure if anything was going to come of it--she didn't even know if Fred had guessed or had a clue about it--but watching his heroic death trying to protect his sister had tugged at her heart again. She let herself cry a bit more freely. Maybe her feelings for Fred explained why now, after his death, she was trying to take his role as his sister's protector. Or maybe it was just human instinct. She hugged Anna a bit tighter. She couldn't imagine what she felt.

Anna was trying to say something through her sobs. Ava couldn't quite make it out at first, but then she heard a few words repeated. "It's... all... my... fault," she caught, between Anna's crying. Ava pulled back to wipe away some of Anna's tears.

"No, it's not," she said. "You can't tell yourself that, it's not true. Fred died a hero's death, because he made a choice. It's not your fault."

Anna turned back to her. "You saved my life too, I might not have run. Thanks."

"It was all adrenaline, I guess," said Ava. "Just run right away next time. Now look, let's get out of here. Where are we?"

Ava looked around the room to see what else was there, or if she could figure out where in the house they were. She listened, too, trying to see if she could hear any of the others... or maybe the killer's approach. If she could hear the others, they would have to try to reunite, but the first priority now was getting out of the house.
rəswɛsən

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:26 pm

April Oberlin

"I'm definitely going to need some matches." April said, taking 1/4 of his matches and putting some in her pockets, before taking a candle. After they stepped out of the kitchen, they turned left, while April took a quick glimpse to her right to make sure the crossbow maniac wasn't nearby, ready to take aim. Then, she saw it also. There was a pool of blood from under the door. "Who are we missing?" April whispered, as Kier opened the door where the two men were near a corner, in case, someone fired an arrow at them. April was probably the first to see the body of Alexander. Again, April had her hand to her mouth. "Did someone kill Alexander, first?" she asked both Ashley and Kier, as they were in the room.

"You think this house has both a murderous ghost and some drifter with a crossbow?" April said, noting differences between Gerry's and Alexander's bodies. "That guy could have gutted Gerry with a hunting knife or something. What the hell are we supposed to do?"

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:59 am

Suddenly, Kier, Ashley and April could hear it.

There were footsteps from a very nearby hallway. Perhaps down the way of another door facing them straight ahead.

Clunk... clunk... clunk...

It was getting louder...

Who was coming?

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:02 am

Kier crouched slightly, his knife held in front of him in a defencive stance.
"Watch my back," he whispered to Ashley as April finally got the candle lit. He looked down that hallway by the light it emitted, and waited, trying to keep his breathing quiet.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:06 am

A young girl's voice rang out from perhaps a few doors away still out of sight.

"GERRY?! ... ALEXANDER?!.... IS ANYONE HERE?!"

At once they recognised who it was. It was Lucy Gallagher, Gerry Elliott's girlfriend. But what was she doing at the house? She didn't come to the party with them. Why was she here?

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:18 am

"I don't talk to shadowy voices," Kier snapped at Lucy, "Get over here where I can see you. When you do I'll teach you why I'm so nervous. It...it isn't good news."

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:40 am

Lucy Gallagher appeared in the doorway.

The tall black haired girl had a lot of make up around her eyes. It was Halloween and it seemed she had just come from costumed party. She wore a dark black dress and had on a pointed witch hat, her legs under her dress were wrapped up in purple and pink stripped stockings and she had on a pair of boots; she had with her a pumpkin full of candies.

"HI GUYS WHAT'S U- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!"

At the sight of Alexander's corpse (its O shaped mouth with part of the arrow sticking out through the head was facing her) Lucy turned pale with fright and raised her hands in terror as she screamed like a little girl.

In her sudden movement she hurled a plastic pumpkin she was carrying around into the air; it landed with a loud crash near a table and tons of sweets (and a few packets of white powder) rolled out.

"OH MY GOD! ... WHAT... WHAT THE HELL?!!!!!!"

She looked around. "Who... WHO THE FUCK DID THIS?!!!"
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:49 am

"We don't know," Kier looked grim as he regarded Lucy. "He's wearing a hockey mask with glowing red eyes. You'll know him by the crossbow. Now. Why are you here? As far as we knew you'd decided not to show tonight." He decided to give someone else the pleasure of informing Lucy that her boyfriend was dead, that being if she didn't already know about the murder rather intimately already.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:53 am

"Are you... are you saying that there's a masked killer in this house?" she said, wide-eyed. "This... this cannot be happening..."

In answer to Kier's question she said.

"I came here after the party at Ally's got boring. The landlord came up and shut down the music, booting everyone out. That's when I headed here. I saw the food, bags, and stuff in the dinning hall. I've been wondering around the house for some time now. Where is everyone else?"

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:14 pm

“The killer attacked us and we were separated, we don’t know where Lily is either..” Ashley said nervously. “Hey err Lucy?”

He didn’t know quite how to say the next part. “I err have some other bad news.”

“What?” the pale faced Lucy asked.

Ashley decided to just say it.

“We found Gerry. He’s been killed. I’m sorry.”

Lucy gasped in shock. “W... WHAT?!!!!”

She turned around to look at the others, they were all grim faced.

“Oh my God no...” she muttered breathlessly as she turned to face s wall and extended a hand against it as if using it for support.

“This... this cannot be fucking happening... this cannot... No!”
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:35 pm

April Oberlin

"Wait, you were at Abby's this whole time?" April said, remembering about the letter that was near Gerry's body. Nevertheless, she picked up one of the packets of white powder that was in her basket. "You think this crossbow guy the one who killed Gerry? We still don't know if he was actually the killer still. He had to have been what Lily said. About the Death Wraith or whatever she was high on." April said, observing the packet of possibly drugs. "Someone at Abby's gave you a bunch of pixie sticks in a bag?"

RPs I do

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:41 pm

“I err...” Lucy said nervously. “We were having a party and Lucas shared some with me. I was at the party for.. I dunno how long. I lost track.”

White Bluff
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 07, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby White Bluff » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:58 pm

Evanora

"Joyce, listen to me! I'm not joking! Trust me, when have you ever known me to prank other people?!" She grabs Joyce's shoulders and gently shakes her, as if you shake sense into her. But then she heard the scream, her head turned to the direction of it, "We have to get out, we have to get the police! Where did you come in from?!" She then paused, "No, we need to help the others first."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse