NATION

PASSWORD

Party House Murders (OOC/CLOSED) CONCLUDED!!!

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:00 pm

I’m okay with him showing up to assuage Leon’s parents’ concern.

It draws more attention to Leon too. I’m very sorry Leon’s character ended up having very little to do in the RP. I didn’t know how to utilize.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:16 pm

So Kier its just you and April... what next?

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:17 am

Overwerk

Please remember to keep this police character as incompetent and confused as possible

As I’ve stated in telegrams, the plot cannot allow a late comer to just suddenly save the day.

Overwerk megamix
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Overwerk megamix » Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:09 am

Is it me or is Anna Winchester one of the most useless characters in an RP ever?

what's with the freezing...

Is Lily going to kill her?
Last edited by Overwerk megamix on Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:45 pm

I’m sorry if this is a bit sudden, but there’s a huge dice roll incoming

(We are at end game now and this RP is in the “red zone” now)

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:36 am

Overwerk megamix wrote:Is it me or is Anna Winchester one of the most useless characters in an RP ever?

what's with the freezing...

Is Lily going to kill her?

Has she redeemed herself now?

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:24 am

I'm happy with any ending that doesn't involve Kier dying.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:16 am

Shoutout to Overwerk Megamix/Oswald

We are near the end game and we need Patterson

Please respond or post or I may have to borrow/RP/macro the character in 6-12 hours

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:57 am

As you said in your tg to bring it up in the ooc:

I joined this rp with the following rule in place.
5. Players may say whatever they want to say and do a number of actions, but they want to do something that affects another player, stop the post after you say something to the effect of “(attempts to do X)”
It is generally expected that an OP will play by his own rules. If April would have attempted to kill Kier, she is more than welcome to do so; I however should be more than welcome to respond before the final blow is struck.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:07 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:As you said in your tg to bring it up in the ooc:

5. Players may say whatever they want to say and do a number of actions, but they want to do something that affects another player, stop the post after you say something to the effect of “(attempts to do X)”
It is generally expected that an OP will play by his own rules. If April would have attempted to kill Kier, she is more than welcome to do so; I however should be more than welcome to respond before the final blow is struck.

it was a zero sum event

either you noticed and turned around in time... or you didn't and got killed

I rolled the dice on it and April won,

hence the outcome in the current timeline

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:20 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:As you said in your tg to bring it up in the ooc:

it was a zero sum event

He could have ran for it and left Ashley for dead. He doesn't have to die.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:49 am

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
it was a zero sum event

He could have ran for it and left Ashley for dead. He doesn't have to die.

Unfortunately the dice did not work out in favour of Kier (in that stage of the game the dice generally favoured April)

Look, I understand you aren't very happy about how this RP turned out for your character

I offer a compensation RP somewhere else (where your character will have plot armour to win the day).

In THIS RP though, characters will (by discretion of the RP manager) die "cheap deaths"... you signed up for this =(

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:51 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:He could have ran for it and left Ashley for dead. He doesn't have to die.

Unfortunately the dice did not work out in favour of Kier (in that stage of the game the dice generally favoured April)

Look, I understand you aren't very happy about how this RP turned out for your character

I offer a compensation RP somewhere else (where your character will have plot armour to win the day).

In THIS RP though, characters will (by discretion of the RP manager) die "cheap deaths"... you signed up for this =(

I'm saying it doesn't have to be zero sum. It could be that neither Kier nor April is dead, and with Kier gone she's still free to kill Ashley.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:52 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:

I'm saying it doesn't have to be zero sum. It could be that neither Kier nor April is dead, and with Kier gone she's still free to kill Ashley.

I cannot Retcon the game every time Kier is killed

(the dice has been rolled in Ministry's favour)

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:53 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I'm saying it doesn't have to be zero sum. It could be that neither Kier nor April is dead, and with Kier gone she's still free to kill Ashley.

It'd only be like what? 6 posts?

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:55 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:

It'd only be like what? 6 posts?

there's no reasonable justification for the retcon

also, if I retcon once, then that opens the door for future demands to retcon

that is not how horror works

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:57 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:It'd only be like what? 6 posts?

There is. When I OP an rp and someone has an objection to something that's happened in it, I pause the thing to sort it out. It means that this sort of thing doesn't happen.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:34 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:

There is. When I OP an rp and someone has an objection to something that's happened in it, I pause the thing to sort it out. It means that this sort of thing doesn't happen.

Alright... look...

I'm really sorry you don't like how this RP played out for the character.

I am unwilling to retcon at this point (however, if you want, I will allow the name "Kier" to be substituted for another name so that he can be used in a potential sequel, if there ever is one). I will also have all players edit the Kier mentions to the new name. (so that in effect, the name Kier is "untarnished" and another character dies in his stead, having done 100% the same actions)

If you insist.

As compensation for Kier's untimely death in this RP, I offer a high quality Compensation RP in which you are the main character, have plot armor, and can take on high quality NPC enemies.

If you accept this Compensation RP, please make no further demands on this RP (except maybe to change the "Kier" name)

This is an offer of settlement.

Please telegram me (if you accept the Compensation):

1. A brief description of your preferred setting for the RP and the types of enemies to take on
2. A bio for you main character

We can exchange further details on telegrams and set it up on another thread.

The following is promised:

1. In the Compensation RP you will have very very high plot armor
2. The RP will be of comparable quality and length to this RP (assuming you maintain interest in it to get there)
3. The RP will run even if its only 2 players (you and me) and I will carry it out in Good Faith

Do we have a deal or not?

TG details if you want.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:43 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:There is. When I OP an rp and someone has an objection to something that's happened in it, I pause the thing to sort it out. It means that this sort of thing doesn't happen.

Alright... look...

I am unwilling to retcon at this point (however, if you want, I will allow the name "Kier" to be substituted for another name so that he can be used in a potential sequel, if there ever is one). I will also have all players edit the Kier mentions to the new name.

If you insist.

As compensation for Kier's untimely death in this RP, I offer a high quality Compensation RP in which you are the main character, have plot armor, and can take on high quality NPC enemies.

If you accept this Compensation RP, please make no further demands on this RP (except maybe to change the "Kier" name)

1. A brief description of your preferred setting for the RP and the types of enemies to take on

2. The RP will be of comparable quality and length to this RP (assuming you maintain interest in it to get there)
3. The RP will run even if its only 2 players (you and me) and I will carry it out in Good Faith

TG details if you want.

I don't do 2 person rps unless I know the other person very, very well.

Honestly it's not the fact he died that I'm most annoyed about. If he'd died in a fight, which I was given an equal chance to rp, you'd likely have heard nothing back from me on the subject. The fact that you just killed him off without warning is what I don't like, because as I stated the rule you gave in the opening post clearly stated that actions against other characters were not to be done, but were to be ended when the character 'attempts to do x.' Naturally that's what I expected would happen here.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:47 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Alright... look...

I am unwilling to retcon at this point (however, if you want, I will allow the name "Kier" to be substituted for another name so that he can be used in a potential sequel, if there ever is one). I will also have all players edit the Kier mentions to the new name.

If you insist.

TG details if you want.

I don't do 2 person rps unless I know the other person very, very well.

Honestly it's not the fact he died that I'm most annoyed about. If he'd died in a fight, which I was given an equal chance to rp, you'd likely have heard nothing back from me on the subject. The fact that you just killed him off without warning is what I don't like, because as I stated the rule you gave in the opening post clearly stated that actions against other characters were not to be done, but were to be ended when the character 'attempts to do x.' Naturally that's what I expected would happen here.

The 2 person rule favours you.

I am bound in the new RP to follow the good faith rule and to respect your plot armor... if we included more players and conflicts arise, it could lead that other RP to collapse

I think I can write scenarios decently well to flesh out whatever fantasy you have in mind

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:49 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I don't do 2 person rps unless I know the other person very, very well.

I am bound in the new RP to follow the good faith rule and to respect your plot armor... if we included more players and conflicts arise, it could lead that other RP to collapse

I think I can write scenarios decently well to flesh out whatever fantasy you have in mind

I'm not bothered about plot armour and I actively avoid rps with set endings though. I avoided one of the largest rps in ns history because it had a set ending, they're just not something I like.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:51 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:

I'm not bothered about plot armour and I actively avoid rps with set endings though. I avoided one of the largest rps in ns history because it had a set ending, they're just not something I like.

there is no set ending for the Compensation RP

you will have 100% agency to push it towards any particular resolution you'd want

we can open it for sign ups too, I'd run it as RP Manager but I would ultimately be guided by principles of Compensation (which means that you are the focus of the RP)

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:52 am

^

that doesn't mean that your character will just appear (to the reader) to be easily defeating everyone (necessary unless you want it to be that genre)

it still has to look good and compelling

there will still be an art to the story telling
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:53 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I'm not bothered about plot armour and I actively avoid rps with set endings though. I avoided one of the largest rps in ns history because it had a set ending, they're just not something I like.

you will have 100% agency to push it towards any particular resolution you'd want

we can open it for sign ups too, I'd run it as RP Manager but I would ultimately be guided by principles of Compensation (which means that you are the focus of the RP)

But as I said, for any future rp I'm not bothered about plot armour. If Kier dies in that rp, he can go die in that rp because it's a different rp universe.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:54 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:

But as I said, for any future rp I'm not bothered about plot armour. If Kier dies in that rp, he can go die in that rp because it's a different rp universe.

if you want him to die a hero's death in the other RP, that can happen too

but as I said, its a Compensation RP, my only duty there would be to create a story and run characters that facilitate a reasonable Compensatory scenario

TG me the details if you're interested (you can open it for sign ups too)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse