NATION

PASSWORD

Party House Murders (OOC/CLOSED) CONCLUDED!!!

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:06 pm

Ok then

I’m going to have to start “requisitioning” (is that the word) some of the characters to keep the game rolling

I have some ideas on how to take things to the next level but some of the players have gone inactive :(

Let’s say that I might “control” characters as necessary/or to advance storyline on a discretionary basis if there’s no activity for 72 hours

I understand Ashely’s player said they were off for now

I’ll try to make sure they stay in character

Everyone okay with this?

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:07 pm

Hang on, I get a post up later tonight.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:09 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:Hang on, I get a post up later tonight.

You’re fine

:)

But some of characters have been gone for a long long time (Joyce, Ashley, Leon... did Alexander even COME?”)

I’m going to have to borrow them at this rate

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:12 pm

Let’s say 96 hours requisition policy

(Though the requisition can be Interrupted when said player returns)

96 is four days

I’ll use it very carefully and sparingly
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:38 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:Let’s say 96 hours requisition policy

(Though the requisition can be Interrupted when said player returns)

96 is four days

I’ll use it very carefully and sparingly

It's fine, a lot of OPs have 48 hours.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:42 am

Cause I think it’s tine to ramp up the chaos

I’ve just finished my last grammar class so now I have the time to move a few pieces

Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vienna Eliot » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:15 am

I will be withdrawing from the RP. Feel free to take over my character.

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Nagakawa » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:35 am

I should be able to rejoin, albeit at a rather reduced pace.
If you run, you gain one, but if you move forward, you gain two.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:51 am

Vienna Eliot wrote:I will be withdrawing from the RP. Feel free to take over my character.

I see...

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:52 am

Nagakawa wrote:I should be able to rejoin, albeit at a rather reduced pace.

excellent!

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:13 pm

I get another post up.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:28 pm

There's a fairly high chance that within the next few posts (once everyone makes a play) that the dice will be rolled and at least one person will bite the dust (somewhat anticlimactically).

It is time to start "thinning" the herd.

If you are killed, you may enter as a new character showing up at the house at a later point. We'll have to decide how.

I love all of these characters but the nature of slashers dictates that some people will have to die. Its very very unfortunate and I sense that we need to get the ball rolling more...

Recuecn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:46 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:There's a fairly high chance that within the next few posts (once everyone makes a play) that the dice will be rolled and at least one person will bite the dust (somewhat anticlimactically).

It is time to start "thinning" the herd.

If you are killed, you may enter as a new character showing up at the house at a later point. We'll have to decide how.

I love all of these characters but the nature of slashers dictates that some people will have to die. Its very very unfortunate and I sense that we need to get the ball rolling more...

I think it's okay to kill people off. We all knew what we were signing up for. Better for it to end with a bang than to drag it on until the rp loses steam... better to let characters die than let the rp die. (I've been burned before by OPs who gave up on their rps and just let them die. Speaking of which, kudos to you, Mushroom, for running this so well! You've done a great job, handling players jumping in and out very well, etc.)
rəswɛsən

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:28 pm

if Kier dies, my new character will be his dad who's come out looking for him.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:47 pm

Okay that works for me.

I'm just waiting on confirmation from Ashley and Evanora on which direction they are running towards (away towards where April ran off and where Lily might be... or towards Fred and company)

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:15 am

I’ll have some dinner. While doing so think about what the next plays will be and how to execute them.

I might just micro Ashley to run in April’s direction since it would be a bit unrealistic for everyone to suddenly react running towards Fred.

It could also give rise to 2 “theaters” of actions with two groups

I’ll also have to resolve the Kier vs Killer play. It needs to be resolved somewhat dramatically and in a way that’s true to both characters.

Haven can come back as a new character if it doesn’t end well.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:44 am

[Redacted]
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:46 am

[Redacted]
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:33 am

Please go back and read my post again.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:34 am

The fact Kier was sprinting 'for his life' and didn't look back at the killer clearly indicates he was running away from him.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:02 am

0_0

Okay standby while I do damage control

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:04 am

Haven is it okay if you ran with Ashley and April?

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:07 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:Haven is it okay if you ran with Ashley and April?

Sure. Kier was just...running, he doesn't really care in which direction.

To avoid this in future though, if you have a character whose player is still posting please don't rp their actions. Not only is it generally considered very poor form but it also leads to them doing something totally out of character for them. Kier is a nice guy but he's not as selfless as that, he'd be more likely to wait until the killer had wasted an arrow on Anna before rushing him if he did that at all.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:31 am

Okay, please take a look.

Is this okay now?

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:21 am