NATION

PASSWORD

Party House Murders (OOC/CLOSED) CONCLUDED!!!

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:32 pm

Nagakawa wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
Okay. I think I've fixed it now. The IC is in another thread with the links fixed.

And if I want to interject in the IC thread, should it be done here or there?

Generally it’s ok to add short OOC messages to the IC thread as long as they’re clearly separated from the IC material (eg by using brackets or spoilers). Longer and more detailed OOC instructions on the other hand would be more suited for the actual OOC thread.

I see...

White Bluff
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 07, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby White Bluff » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:27 pm

There got my post up

Recuecn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:17 pm

This looks like a really fun idea! And look at that, just one spot left, how perfect...

Name: Ava Sinclair
Gender/Sex: female
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): Dark skin, black eyes, and hair full of tight curls which for the moment she's put into two afro-puffs on either side of her head. She's got the cutest little button nose that she wrinkles whenever she asks a question, and a smallish mouth--she makes the 'duck-face' far too often without even thinking about it. She's not very tall, maybe 5'4", and has a pretty typical body shape for a girl her age who doesn't work out a ton. Tonight she's wearing a pair of light blue overalls with a yellow sweater, and of course her iconic white Skechers, although they've grayed a little by now--she wears them everywhere. They're so thick they help her look a little less short than she is. She's also carrying her pink leather clutch with a rose gold clasp--she wouldn't be caught dead without her lip balm, and she's got a few other essentials in there too--her wallet of course, plus some hair ties, tampons, some aspirin, a little makeup kit, a pair of sunglasses, a pen, a tiny notebook, some band-aids, some bobby-pins, a couple hand-wipes, and some Lactaid. She thinks she's prepared for anything.
Personality: You might not describe her as one of the 'popular kids,' but they extroverted Ava is personable, easy to get along with, and great at making friends. Able to laugh her way out of an awkward situation, she does well in a group setting, even with people she maybe doesn't know that well--not that she doesn't appreciate having a nice one-on-one chat with a close friend. At school, she mostly hangs out with her own friend group, but she has a little bit of a crush on one of the boys at this party, so she got herself invited.
Ava has a very common-sense mindset, but also isn't one to stick out her neck--she'd rather just go along with the group and say 'I told you so' afterward. A lot of things are outside her comfort zone; she's a very homey person. However, she would never give that away--she gets caught up sometimes and surprises herself sometimes, and she adapts well to whatever situation she's in.
Ava's pretty bright and does alright in school, particularly her more math-heavy classes, which is too bad, since she doesn't really care for it. Her parents sent her to school a year early, which is why she's a year younger than all the other kids in her grade.
Likes: Going to sports games, hanging out with her friends at the diner, going shopping, eating, gossiping, just chilling.
Dislikes: Exercise, the outdoors, rain, new things.

I didn't pick anyone specifically to be her crush, but if this app is accepted and one of the characters doesn't mind, we can make it a specific person. (I assume not much will happen either way, with death looming...)

She also probably wouldn't go to a party like this without a friend of her own, so if one of the other girls wants to 'go together' with her, they could be good friends from class or something.
Last edited by Recuecn on Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rəswɛsən

Recuecn
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:26 pm

I also threw this together while I was writing my character to have a better sense of what kind of character the group might not have yet. I thought it was a fun list so here it is:

NPCs:
Gerry: The cool kid (16yo boy)
Lily: The nerd (17yo girl)
Fred: The geek (17yo boy)
Anna: The tomboy (14yo girl)

PCs:
Kier: The jock (16yo boy)
Leon: The rich kid (16yo boy)
Evanora: The pagan (17yo girl)
Ashley: The adrenaline junky (17yo boy)
Alexander: The introvert (16yo boy)
April: The rebel (16yo girl)
Joyce: The hipster (17yo girl)
Ava: The people person (15yo girl)

Some of them weren't perfect, obviously, but I was trying to just come up with something different for each one, instead of just repeating 'jock, nerd, rebel'
Last edited by Recuecn on Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rəswɛsən

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:29 pm

Recuecn wrote:I also threw this together while I was writing my character to have a better sense of what kind of character the group might not have yet. I thought it was a fun list so here it is:

NPCs:

PCs:
Evanora: The wiccan (17yo girl)

Some of them weren't perfect, obviously, but I was trying to just come up with something different for each one, instead of just repeating 'jock, nerd, rebel'

I see April as a mix between an introvert and tomboy. Several other characters are mixed, as well.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:33 pm

Recuecn wrote:This looks like a really fun idea! And look at that, just one spot left, how perfect...

Name: Ava Sinclair
Gender/Sex: female
Appearance (physical appearance and clothes for the night): Dark skin, black eyes, and hair full of tight curls which for the moment she's put into two afro-puffs on either side of her head. She's got the cutest little button nose that she wrinkles whenever she asks a question, and a smallish mouth--she makes the 'duck-face' far too often without even thinking about it. She's not very tall, maybe 5'4", and has a pretty typical body shape for a girl her age who doesn't work out a ton. Tonight she's wearing a pair of light blue overalls with a yellow sweater, and of course her iconic white Skechers, although they've grayed a little by now--she wears them everywhere. They're so thick they help her look a little less short than she is. She's also carrying her pink leather clutch with a rose gold clasp--she wouldn't be caught dead without her lip balm, and she's got a few other essentials in there too--her wallet of course, plus some hair ties, tampons, some aspirin, a little makeup kit, a pair of sunglasses, a pen, a tiny notebook, some band-aids, some bobby-pins, a couple hand-wipes, and some Lactaid. She thinks she's prepared for anything.
Personality: You might not describe her as one of the 'popular kids,' but they extroverted Ava is personable, easy to get along with, and great at making friends. Able to laugh her way out of an awkward situation, she does well in a group setting, even with people she maybe doesn't know that well--not that she doesn't appreciate having a nice one-on-one chat with a close friend. At school, she mostly hangs out with her own friend group, but she has a little bit of a crush on one of the boys at this party, so she got herself invited.
Ava has a very common-sense mindset, but also isn't one to stick out her neck--she'd rather just go along with the group and say 'I told you so' afterward. A lot of things are outside her comfort zone; she's a very homey person. However, she would never give that away--she gets caught up sometimes and surprises herself sometimes, and she adapts well to whatever situation she's in.
Ava's pretty bright and does alright in school, particularly her more math-heavy classes, which is too bad, since she doesn't really care for it. Her parents sent her to school a year early, which is why she's a year younger than all the other kids in her grade.
Likes: Going to sports games, hanging out with her friends at the diner, going shopping, eating, gossiping, just chilling.
Dislikes: Exercise, the outdoors, rain, new things.

I didn't pick anyone specifically to be her crush, but if this app is accepted and one of the characters doesn't mind, we can make it a specific person. (I assume not much will happen either way, with death looming...)

She also probably wouldn't go to a party like this without a friend of her own, so if one of the other girls wants to 'go together' with her, they could be good friends from class or something.

Approved.

This is excellent. We were missing an African-American character. It's not mandatory but this is the United States and I think she completes the collection of these kids very very well!

Would Fred be her type?

Or maybe one of the Leons? I expect she wouldn't be into Gerry.

Does she have a particular type?

We finally have our eight characters. Excellent.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:48 pm

Recuecn wrote:I also threw this together while I was writing my character to have a better sense of what kind of character the group might not have yet. I thought it was a fun list so here it is:

NPCs:

PCs:

Honestly this is a pretty good summary of the characters. I'm glad we have a good mix.

It will be a real shame when some of them start dying I almost feel bad...

Recuecn
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:51 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:

NPCs:

PCs:

I see April as a mix between an introvert and tomboy. Several other characters are mixed, as well.

yeah you're right--it show's that they're all good, 3d characters that you can't really sum them up with a single word.

Infected Mushroom wrote:Approved.

This is excellent. We were missing an African-American character. It's not mandatory but this is the United States and I think she completes the collection of these kids very very well!

Would Fred be her type?

I think the only guys she might be interested in would be Kier Leon or Fred, now that I've looked at them again, but I think her gaydar is on point, so I think Fred would be her type (I think she'd be interested in someone a bit more sensitive, and someone who is engaging and always doing some activity, but something more inside her comfort zone, which seems to match how you described Fred.)
rəswɛsən

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:53 pm

Recuecn wrote:
Main Nation Ministry wrote:

yeah you're right--it show's that they're all good, 3d characters that you can't really sum them up with a single word.

Infected Mushroom wrote:Approved.

Would Fred be her type?

I think the only guys she might be interested in would be Kier Leon or Fred, now that I've looked at them again, but I think her gaydar is on point, so I think Fred would be her type (I think she'd be interested in someone a bit more sensitive, and someone who is engaging and always doing some activity, but something more inside her comfort zone, which seems to match how you described Fred.)

Okay let's run with that.

I'm okay with it.

I hope Fred does die too quickly (he's one of my favourites from the group) =(

White Bluff
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby White Bluff » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:56 pm

NPCs:

PCs:

I love this, except the fact Evanora is not a wiccan, wiccans are bound by the Wiccan Rede "Do as ye will, but harm none". She's more of what the late 80s - early 90s pictured during the Satanic Panic.

Recuecn
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:59 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:Okay let's run with that.

I'm okay with it.

I hope Fred does die too quickly (he's one of my favourites from the group) =(

Lol, you know it's going to be an exciting rp when even the op doesn't know how long their own character will be alive.

White Bluff wrote:

NPCs:

PCs:

I love this, except the fact Evanora is not a wiccan, wiccans are bound by the Wiccan Rede "Do as ye will, but harm none". She's more of what the late 80s - early 90s pictured during the Satanic Panic.

I'll change it to "the pagan" then.
rəswɛsən

White Bluff
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby White Bluff » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:01 pm

I'll probably have Evanora flirt with Ashley or Leon. I was gonna have her do a bit of flirting with Fred but don't want to intrude on Ava there lol

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:03 pm

We need a love interest for April, though.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Recuecn
Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:04 pm

White Bluff wrote:I'll probably have Evanora flirt with Ashley or Leon. I was gonna have her do a bit of flirting with Fred but don't want to intrude on Ava there lol

By all means, intrude! The more drama the more fun. Plus, it's not like Ava and Fred are a 'thing'--I don't think she's told anyone about her crush besides her close friends, or dropped any hints to Fred yet.
rəswɛsən

White Bluff
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby White Bluff » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:10 pm

Recuecn wrote:
White Bluff wrote:I'll probably have Evanora flirt with Ashley or Leon. I was gonna have her do a bit of flirting with Fred but don't want to intrude on Ava there lol

By all means, intrude! The more drama the more fun. Plus, it's not like Ava and Fred are a 'thing'--I don't think she's told anyone about her crush besides her close friends, or dropped any hints to Fred yet.

I mean Evanora is a bit of two horror stereotypes mixed together, the slut and the Satanist/witchy. So she would probably flirt with most of the guys of the group, plus it would be fun for Evanora to watch an underclassmen get worked up over it.
Last edited by White Bluff on Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Nagakawa » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:36 pm

I see we’re beginning to get all flirty already ;)

Nothing like a bit of steamy action to make the bloodletting even more shocking
If you run, you gain one, but if you move forward, you gain two.

White Bluff
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby White Bluff » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:40 pm

Nagakawa wrote:I see we’re beginning to get all flirty already ;)

True lol. But I must ask, if I'm right in my assumption, Ashley is newer to the area? If so he wouldn't the group that well, how would he react to Evanora flirting with him?

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:44 pm

White Bluff wrote:
Nagakawa wrote:I see we’re beginning to get all flirty already ;)

True lol. But I must ask, if I'm right in my assumption, Ashley is newer to the area? If so he wouldn't the group that well, how would he react to Evanora flirting with him?

He isn’t exactly a hermit or a newcomer to the area, just a little bit withdrawn. Not in the anxious or antisocial manner, but simply because he doesn’t really care enough to get to know a lot of people that well.

I don’t think there’d be a problem with Evanora flirting with Ashley, but it might take a while for him to catch on. He’s not the best at picking up hints.

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:54 pm

NPCs:

PCs:

“Gerry: the cool kid” made me think of that reaction image of the kid in a light blue shirt with sunglasses folding his arms, and that made me chuckle perhaps a little too loudly.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:58 pm

Nagakawa wrote:

NPCs:

PCs:

“Gerry: the cool kid” made me think of that reaction image of the kid in a light blue shirt with sunglasses folding his arms, and that made me chuckle perhaps a little too loudly.

He was intended to be partly based on M Shadows

White Bluff
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby White Bluff » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:09 am

If Ashley don't pick up on that, he is thick in the head lol

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:00 am

Administratively im still waiting on Murderer 2 to confirm via tG

Murderer 1 has already phoned in

I’ll see if the ball needs to be passed
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:39 am

Main Nation Ministry wrote:We need a love interest for April, though.

What if Leon had a crush on Evanora and April had a crush on Leon? Or the other way around?

Also, i was watching clips of Scary Movie and forgot about this. When the last boy/girl mechanics kick in.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:44 am

So everyone is now with the group except for Joyce and Alexander?

I think I'll have Anna run into the house soon.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:45 am

Kier x Ashley y/n?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse