NATION

PASSWORD

World War Z: A History of the Zombie War (OOC/Signups/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Felan Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Felan Federation » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:16 am

So question here.

Will chemical weapons be effective against zombies? Like acid and nerve agent?

It felt strange when listening to the audiobook on how zombies are immune to nerve gas - even though even zombie muscles require nervous impulse to direct their bodies; yet somehow they didn't use nerves? Or having an acid agent dissolve the body?

Tarnislav
Secretary

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnislav » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:13 pm

The Felan Federation wrote:So question here.

It felt strange when listening to the audiobook on how zombies are immune to nerve gas - even though even zombie muscles require nervous impulse to direct their bodies; yet somehow they didn't use nerves? Or having an acid agent dissolve the body?

Nerve agents usually work by blocking the enzymes that break down neurotransmitters, helping regulate nerve impulses. I assume that regardless of the effects/strength of nerve agents, undead tissues still wouldn’t really be affected because they would not be dependent on neurotransmitters and other enzymes the way living tissues are.

Acid agents should kill zombies if they destroy zombified brain cells, and should be able to immobilize them otherwise.

SCP Institution
Attaché

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby SCP Institution » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:42 pm

Is there a vaccine against the virus in the book ?

Tarnislav
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnislav » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:04 pm

SCP Institution wrote:Is there a vaccine against the virus in the book ?

No. Solanum is supposed to be incurable and untreatable. That said, there is nothing to stop anyone from coming up with a placebo or fake vaccine.

Caber
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Caber » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:22 pm

Tarnislav wrote:
SCP Institution wrote:Is there a vaccine against the virus in the book ?

No. Solanum is supposed to be incurable and untreatable. That said, there is nothing to stop anyone from coming up with a placebo or fake vaccine.

What could probably happen is the rabies vaccine is pushed heavily or someone invents some new better rabies vaccine and everyone thinks its a cure but actually has no effect. These could lead to some interesting scenes where people go in thinking they're immune only to find out they're not.
Proud member of TWI

Union of Sovereign States and Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Sovereign States and Republics » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:35 pm

Caber wrote:
Tarnislav wrote:No. Solanum is supposed to be incurable and untreatable. That said, there is nothing to stop anyone from coming up with a placebo or fake vaccine.

What could probably happen is the rabies vaccine is pushed heavily or someone invents some new better rabies vaccine and everyone thinks its a cure but actually has no effect. These could lead to some interesting scenes where people go in thinking they're immune only to find out they're not.

This did happen in the book. I can't remember the guy's name (as i'm just rereading it today), but he developed a vaccine to cure rabies and it helped keep the public in check, but once it was revealed that the virus creates zombies social order completely disintegrated.
Current IC Year: 2031
The Union of Sovereign States and Republics; USSR
In 1991, a plane carrying would-be conspirators of an armed coup crashed in the Crimean Peninsula. Without the coup, the Union of Sovereign States treaty was signed; and the USSR survived... Lore currently undergoing a rework.
Current Ruling Party: Second Forward Coalition (NPSU, Motherland, Agrarian League)
News: BREAKING NEWS: Unceremoniously, USSR officially departs from the European Union 2 years before schedule

Caber
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Caber » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:49 pm

So how long would it take a person to die of their bite. I assume not long at all a couple of days at absolute most.
Proud member of TWI

Union of Sovereign States and Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Sovereign States and Republics » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:50 pm

Caber wrote:So how long would it take a person to die of their bite. I assume not long at all a couple of days at absolute most.

Slow burns (a bite which didn't affect any major blood vessels) can last at the most about 5 (IIRC). Fast burns (say, to the heart or chest area) could turn a person in under a day as it's connected to the circulatory system.
Current IC Year: 2031
The Union of Sovereign States and Republics; USSR
In 1991, a plane carrying would-be conspirators of an armed coup crashed in the Crimean Peninsula. Without the coup, the Union of Sovereign States treaty was signed; and the USSR survived... Lore currently undergoing a rework.
Current Ruling Party: Second Forward Coalition (NPSU, Motherland, Agrarian League)
News: BREAKING NEWS: Unceremoniously, USSR officially departs from the European Union 2 years before schedule

The Felan Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Felan Federation » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:41 pm

Tarnislav wrote:
The Felan Federation wrote:So question here.

Nerve agents usually work by blocking the enzymes that break down neurotransmitters, helping regulate nerve impulses. I assume that regardless of the effects/strength of nerve agents, undead tissues still wouldn’t really be affected because they would not be dependent on neurotransmitters and other enzymes the way living tissues are.

Acid agents should kill zombies if they destroy zombified brain cells, and should be able to immobilize them otherwise.

I'd call it a bit out. I mean. How do zombies grab, move or bite. Something needs to direct such motion.

I doubt magic beans are giving them the strength to do so. Some nerve agents are able to absorb through the skin.

Namely I'd imagine fresh bodies should be vunerable to nerve agents. As the nerve gas would cut off the impulses directing the muscles - meaning you'd likely have zombies that are 'intact' although unable to move their bodies. (Perhaps only their mouth)

Tarnislav
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnislav » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:24 pm

The Felan Federation wrote:I'd call it a bit out. I mean. How do zombies grab, move or bite. Something needs to direct such motion.

I doubt magic beans are giving them the strength to do so. Some nerve agents are able to absorb through the skin.

Namely I'd imagine fresh bodies should be vunerable to nerve agents. As the nerve gas would cut off the impulses directing the muscles - meaning you'd likely have zombies that are 'intact' although unable to move their bodies. (Perhaps only their mouth)

I’m fine with letting zombies be vulnerable to nerve agents, especially those reanimated from fresh corpses.

Tarnislav
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnislav » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:27 pm

Union of Sovereign States and Republics wrote:
Caber wrote:So how long would it take a person to die of their bite. I assume not long at all a couple of days at absolute most.

Slow burns (a bite which didn't affect any major blood vessels) can last at the most about 5 (IIRC). Fast burns (say, to the heart or chest area) could turn a person in under a day as it's connected to the circulatory system.

From what I remembered from The Zombie Survival Guide, victims may die 23 hours after initial infection. I’m fine with death and zombification happening up to five days after initial infection.

The Felan Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Felan Federation » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:59 pm

Tarnislav wrote:
Union of Sovereign States and Republics wrote:Slow burns (a bite which didn't affect any major blood vessels) can last at the most about 5 (IIRC). Fast burns (say, to the heart or chest area) could turn a person in under a day as it's connected to the circulatory system.

From what I remembered from The Zombie Survival Guide, victims may die 23 hours after initial infection. I’m fine with death and zombification happening up to five days after initial infection.

Hmm. I recall in the ZSG that you also had more random and wilder weather patterns due to the damage to the ecosystem and also smog in the air.

I was curious, if we could perhaps have America hit by something on our current say due to Global Warming? That would help hide this infection in Florida and spread it more?

Tarnislav
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnislav » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:04 pm

The Felan Federation wrote:
Tarnislav wrote:From what I remembered from The Zombie Survival Guide, victims may die 23 hours after initial infection. I’m fine with death and zombification happening up to five days after initial infection.

Hmm. I recall in the ZSG that you also had more random and wilder weather patterns due to the damage to the ecosystem and also smog in the air.

I was curious, if we could perhaps have America hit by something on our current say due to Global Warming? That would help hide this infection in Florida and spread it more?

Disasters can occur, though most likely I will pre-plan and organize any disasters with any player-controlled countries involved.

I also added a section to OP called “Deviations from the WWZ Novels” which lists all changes to the zombies/virus for this roleplay. Some zombified animals will be permitted.

The application for the Kingdom of Thailand is accepted. (Haven’t noticed the application until recently)
Last edited by Tarnislav on Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Demorvian
Envoy

Founded: Apr 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Demorvian » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:47 pm

I have decided to leave this RP. Why? Because I will post my own RP later tonight. The OOC and IC are already saved drafts. I must give it my full attention. Goodbye.
Last edited by Demorvian on Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Typing With Autocomplete.)

The United States Government,and the rabies virus is a Kyle that overdoses on caffeine,and the rabies virus is not only about the rabies virus from this align with hydroelectric or working trebuchet against your have been flooded with vegetation align with Russia and Japan and internet explorer is the beginning of man's decline for you to find yourself in.

Trump 2020
Make America Great Again

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:02 pm

Demorvian wrote:I have decided to leave this RP. Why? Because I will post my own RP later tonight. The OOC and IC are already saved drafts. I must give it my full attention. Goodbye.

Well, we now have a player less Russia...
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

The Felan Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Felan Federation » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:09 pm

So anyone gonna post?

SCP Institution
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby SCP Institution » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:14 pm

I’m not too sure... my hype is dying down...

The Felan Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Felan Federation » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:05 pm

SCP Institution wrote:I’m not too sure... my hype is dying down...

Ugh. Not again.

Idiot People
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Idiot People » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:14 pm

For character rp, it's just that not every single day is going to be interesting. Personally, Christmas is the big event I'm waiting to post for
NEW ACCOUNT
Charmante

Idiot People
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Idiot People » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:59 pm

And, this is up to the People's Republic of Korea, but with the state North Korea is in, this could be a good chance for a 'rabies' outbreak to occur and there wouldn't be much to hinder it.
NEW ACCOUNT
Charmante

Letravia
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Letravia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:13 pm

World War Z
Nation Application

Nation Name: Republic Of The Philippines
Capital City: Manila
Population:108.12 million
Military Size:171,500 Active Personnel and 385,116 Reserves
Government Type: Democratic Republic
Head of State: President
Head of Government: President Rodrigo Duterte
Extent of Media Freedom: The majority of the Filipino people have access to the internet as companies such as PLDT and Glove have allowed the Filipino people to purchase broadband and internet as well as mobile data, even in the less developed towns mobile data has given people access to facebook and limited youtube streaming
Freedom of Mobility: The nation is generally open to all as it's economy grabs a large percentage from the Tourism industry
b]Notes:*The Philippines are located on a large group of scattered islands known as an Archipelago
*The nations has many varying ethnic groups such as the Illongos, Tagalogs etc.
*On the southern part of the country as well as some parts of the middle, there are rebel groups belonging to the maoist idealogies as well as extremist muslim groups which have been fighting the government for at least 60 years.
* The Philippines is amidst military modernization program which already has seen vast improvement
* ROTC and CAT is implemented

Letravia
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Letravia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:23 pm

Anyone here read the book?

Kamchakta
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kamchakta » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:27 pm

I really hope more people actively post. Every time I join an interesting RP. It Dies.
The Empire Of China

A homogenous Han Chinese nation that successfully weathered the era of colonialism and managed to establish itself in a new world order with focus on science and technology and constant progress to improve the lives for all of humanity. China under the Liang Dynasty will advance as one nation and will not fazed. In the spirit of nurturing rightness and from the ashes of the former glory of Imperial China.

SCP Institution
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby SCP Institution » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:10 am

I will try to get a post in today.

The Felan Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Felan Federation » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:38 am

Ahh. Great our GM has been offline for 4 days straight.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse