NATION

PASSWORD

Gamma World: USA Political RP (Sign Ups)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:15 pm

One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:19 pm

:D NICE! GREAT to have you with us!
Last edited by Harbertia on Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:37 pm

Harbertia wrote:

:D NICE! GREAT to have you with us!

I have a distinct feeling that Mutant Animal Characters are unable to run for office?
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:51 am

Danceria wrote:
Harbertia wrote: :D NICE! GREAT to have you with us!

I have a distinct feeling that Mutant Animal Characters are unable to run for office?

That is correct. So if that is an issue that interests you you'd have to play a politician who wants to change that. My first suggestion is a member of the Liberal Party.

@Jariri: Since the governor likely has an E-Car I suppose it'd be quick trip back to Wisconsin. Does she have other business in Saint Paul before heading back?
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:37 am

Don and Marco never got their showdown...

Harbertia wrote:
Danceria wrote:I have a distinct feeling that Mutant Animal Characters are unable to run for office?

That is correct. So if that is an issue that interests you you'd have to play a politician who wants to change that. My first suggestion is a member of the Liberal Party.

@Jariri: Since the governor likely has an E-Car I suppose it'd be quick trip back to Wisconsin. Does she have other business in Saint Paul before heading back?

I don't think so - unless you have a suggestion - at the moment I think she's fulfilled her role within her capacity as Governor (advising the President how to conduct military operations within her home state). If there is something else to do in Saint Paul I'm up for it. If not then I suppose leaving for Wisconsin to prepare the National Guard is all that's left?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:21 am

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:

Harbertia wrote:That is correct. So if that is an issue that interests you you'd have to play a politician who wants to change that. My first suggestion is a member of the Liberal Party.

I don't think so - unless you have a suggestion - at the moment I think she's fulfilled her role within her capacity as Governor (advising the President how to conduct military operations within her home state). If there is something else to do in Saint Paul I'm up for it. If not then I suppose leaving for Wisconsin to prepare the National Guard is all that's left?

She could visit the locations mentioned in Saint Paul, the Como Center, Cypher, Museum of American Art, etc. I'd be willing to do something in those regards if you would like to take in the area before having her return. I know Como Center would have have some info ahead of time- at least I think so- for security but a gubernatorial visit would be a big deal to most public spaces.
Tomorrow is made today.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:20 pm

Character Name: Michael “Mike” Jones (though sometimes disparaged as “Mike Menagerie”)
Party Affiliation: Republican/”A sensible mix of Jefferson, Jackson and Teddy Roosevelt.”
State of Origin: Nebraska
Type: Pure Strain Human
If Humanoid what Mutations do you have?
Government Position(s): Currently Senator, formerly governor.
About the Character: Michael is a...complex and controversial figure. He was a man of many firsts, he was among the first citizens of a former “transitory nation” to return to the U.S.’s fold after a referendum, the first pure(ish)-strain human outside of the largely CEEP based humans to hold an office, and the first one to have a Jaget wife.

Onto the man himself, he is a product of pragmaticism, and views himself as a champion not of the CEEP dwellers, but rather the various clans, tribes, and villages that eked out a living and thrived without American interference. Between a largely minarchist view on the government and outspoken advocacy for Humanoid and even Mutant rights, it was only natural that Michael sided with the Republican party. Even though he was a governor, he became a household name for decisive leadership, for better or worse. Opponents call him “a lecherous, bull-headed barbarian, little better than a savage from the wastes”, and they’re only 2/3rds correct.

Though what cannot be denied is that he ensured that taxes are made on time, the State Militia well armed and drilled, and Mutants were treated rather well in spite of their proximity to the Ranks of the Fit. Ever pragmatic, and stubborn to a fault in regards to his ideals, he is a stark contrast and outsider compared to many of the CEEP born individuals.
Obligatory Quotes below

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:30 pm

Danceria wrote:
Character Name: Michael “Mike” Jones (though sometimes disparaged as “Mike Menagerie”)
Party Affiliation: Republican/”A sensible mix of Jefferson, Jackson and Teddy Roosevelt.”
About the Character: Michael is a...complex and controversial figure. He was a man of many firsts, he was among the first citizens of a former “transitory nation” to return to the U.S.’s fold after a referendum, the first pure(ish)-strain human outside of the largely CEEP based humans to hold an office, and the first one to have a Jaget wife.

Onto the man himself, he is a product of pragmaticism, and views himself as a champion not of the CEEP dwellers, but rather the various clans, tribes, and villages that eked out a living and thrived without American interference. Between a largely minarchist view on the government and outspoken advocacy for Humanoid and even Mutant rights, it was only natural that Michael sided with the Republican party. Even though he was a governor, he became a household name for decisive leadership, for better or worse. Opponents call him “a lecherous, bull-headed barbarian, little better than a savage from the wastes”, and they’re only 2/3rds correct.

Though what cannot be denied is that he ensured that taxes are made on time, the State Militia well armed and drilled, and Mutants were treated rather well in spite of their proximity to the Ranks of the Fit. Ever pragmatic, and stubborn to a fault in regards to his ideals, he is a stark contrast and outsider compared to many of the CEEP born individuals.

Jackson? Like Andrew Jackson? :blink: I’m lost how that’s Republican but okay
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:44 pm

Danceria wrote:

I would say having a mutant Jaguar as a wife might be difficult on a legal standing but then I remember state laws regarding homosexual marriage and rationalized that if Nebraska allows it so be it. It makes some sense due to the proximity they are towards the Bonapartist (a bit like the current position held by a character in this RP regarding Android citizenship).
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:47 pm

The Archipelago Territory wrote:
Danceria wrote:

Jackson? Like Andrew Jackson? :blink: I’m lost how that’s Republican but okay

While Jackson may have founded the Democratic Party, this did not always mean Present Day Democrats aligned with Jackson's views. In fact, I surmise that due to Jackson's military background, distrust of complex financial institutions (see Banks), and fervent populism, Andrew Jackson would get along with Teddy Roosevelt more than say, Nancy Pelosi or Bernie Sanders.
While some may argue that his proposal for Mutants having rights/citizenship/good stuff is pretty pragmatic. It's to counteract the Ranks of the Fit (with Bearpoleon), and to allow other nation-states/tribes that sprung up during the Dark Years to be welcomed easier into the U.S.

I should also note that the Jaget/Mrs. Jones in question would be his second wife, his former having died.
Harbertia wrote:
Danceria wrote:

I would say having a mutant Jaguar as a wife might be difficult on a legal standing but then I remember state laws regarding homosexual marriage and rationalized that if Nebraska allows it so be it. It makes some sense due to the proximity they are towards the Bonapartist (a bit like the current position held by a character in this RP regarding Android citizenship).

I said my guy was controversial, and could be seen as abusing the power of state govt and laws to its fullest. Besides, as I've mentioned it would be his second wife and he already has kids from his late human wife. The Jagets apparently are loyal but are considered "bad luck"/have telepathy, which is pretty good when you're playing fast and loose with politics.
Obligatory Quotes below

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:56 pm

Danceria wrote:
The Archipelago Territory wrote:Jackson? Like Andrew Jackson? :blink: I’m lost how that’s Republican but okay

While Jackson may have founded the Democratic Party, this did not always mean Present Day Democrats aligned with Jackson's views. In fact, I surmise that due to Jackson's military background, distrust of complex financial institutions (see Banks), and fervent populism, Andrew Jackson would get along with Teddy Roosevelt more than say, Nancy Pelosi or Bernie Sanders.
While some may argue that his proposal for Mutants having rights/citizenship/good stuff is pretty pragmatic. It's to counteract the Ranks of the Fit (with Bearpoleon), and to allow other nation-states/tribes that sprung up during the Dark Years to be welcomed easier into the U.S.

I should also note that the Jaget/Mrs. Jones in question would be his second wife, his former having died.
Harbertia wrote:I would say having a mutant Jaguar as a wife might be difficult on a legal standing but then I remember state laws regarding homosexual marriage and rationalized that if Nebraska allows it so be it. It makes some sense due to the proximity they are towards the Bonapartist (a bit like the current position held by a character in this RP regarding Android citizenship).

I said my guy was controversial, and could be seen as abusing the power of state govt and laws to its fullest. Besides, as I've mentioned it would be his second wife and he already has kids from his late human wife. The Jagets apparently are loyal but are considered "bad luck"/have telepathy, which is pretty good when you're playing fast and loose with politics.

I will admit, the character will stir things up in the capital and face a lot of adversity (his wife more so) and that thrills me. I can imagine that even in his own party he has opponents (due to the controversy). I can see him having more third party support though which can always be a boon. Namely the Liberal Party.

I'll approve in the hopes of shaking things up.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:36 pm

I'm working on a post in the Congressional thread for Adam North.

For the time being, I would like to present the image I have considered using for our Vice President.

Note this man is a politician (the man in the image) though I do not know form where nor does he stand out in my mind. Any similarity between Senator North and this man are coincidental being unintentional. For those familiar with who is in this image I ask that you pardon it's use and think of it more like 'watching an older movie that has Reagan during his acting days'.
Tomorrow is made today.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:07 am

Harbertia wrote:I'm working on a post in the Congressional thread for Adam North.

For the time being, I would like to present the image I have considered using for our Vice President.

Note this man is a politician (the man in the image) though I do not know form where nor does he stand out in my mind. Any similarity between Senator North and this man are coincidental being unintentional. For those familiar with who is in this image I ask that you pardon it's use and think of it more like 'watching an older movie that has Reagan during his acting days'.

It suits the VP well, but we haven’t exactly seen much of him IC
YANG GANG 2020

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:41 pm

Harbertia wrote:

She could visit the locations mentioned in Saint Paul, the Como Center, Cypher, Museum of American Art, etc. I'd be willing to do something in those regards if you would like to take in the area before having her return. I know Como Center would have have some info ahead of time- at least I think so- for security but a gubernatorial visit would be a big deal to most public spaces.

The art museum or zoo would certainly be worth checking out in the GW setting but my concern there is potentially shifting the Governor's position in the capital from politically motivated to a casual tourist and how that might potentially detract from this GW instalment being a political RP.

One potential solution I can think of - negotiating for the return of some cultural icon for her home state?
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:38 pm

Harbertia wrote:She could visit the locations mentioned in Saint Paul, the Como Center, Cypher, Museum of American Art, etc. I'd be willing to do something in those regards if you would like to take in the area before having her return. I know Como Center would have have some info ahead of time- at least I think so- for security but a gubernatorial visit would be a big deal to most public spaces.

The art museum or zoo would certainly be worth checking out in the GW setting but my concern there is potentially shifting the Governor's position in the capital from politically motivated to a casual tourist and how that might potentially detract from this GW instalment being a political RP.

One potential solution I can think of - negotiating for the return of some cultural icon for her home state?

You have got me interested.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:51 pm

Harbertia wrote:

You have got me interested.

https://www.netstate.com/states/symb/wi_symb.htm

It turns out the original document of the Wisconsin Constitution from 1848 is missing so if fragments are rediscovered at this point in the GW timeline they could hold enormous cultural value - but then again the likelihood of paper even lasting that long is... pretty much null.

The state animal is a badger and by this point in the GW timeline one might be hard pressed to find a pre-radiated breed that doesn't exhibit near-human intelligence. If such a breed is kept in the St Paul Zoo the Governor might be interested in acquiring it as a living mascot to promote pre-World Government nationalism.

(Then again maybe a talking intelligent badger could be beloved by the state.... if only without the stigma of those crazy Bonapartists).

You established how the 1970s are the current limit to historical records and many state symbols were chosen prior to that but remained in use long after. Its unclear if their use was preserved during the WG's reign hence I'm unsure of whether to be more selective of choosing a state icon that is feasibly still remembered.

On a side note - has the US Constitution been recovered?
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:14 am

What if we made side characters as acting cabinet members and sent their confirmations to congress?
YANG GANG 2020

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:43 pm

The Archipelago Territory wrote:What if we made side characters as acting cabinet members and sent their confirmations to congress?

Is the Congress thread taking place concurrently to the original St Paul thread?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:25 pm

The Archipelago Territory wrote:What if we made side characters as acting cabinet members and sent their confirmations to congress?

Is the Congress thread taking place concurrently to the original St Paul thread?

Yes though it's now slightly ahead of the main thread as the president and VP have provided statements while on the main thread President Sanders is at that moment departing for the session. I'm sure the US has some version of the Consitution as they have formed a government though I can not say it's the original. I suppose one would have to determine when DC flooded (supposedly after the Social Wars ended in nuclear fire). It's hard to say if CEEPs (being privately funded) bothered to store pre-war animal stock save pets.

I support this idea.
Tomorrow is made today.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:29 pm

Id be interested in playing as a republican, i need to read over the OP a bit more and get a handle on the lore first though

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:31 am

Dentali wrote:Id be interested in playing as a republican, i need to read over the OP a bit more and get a handle on the lore first though

I would enjoy having you with us and will should you apply. Before you get to reading I would like to say that I know the time span between the end of The Social Wars and present IC date may seem a bit much but at the time I figured it was necessary for the formation of the International Restorationist Network and the firm establishment of a revived USA.

Perhap's I'm acting too pre-emptively in bringing that up so I'll close with stating that if you have any questions ask and I shall answer to the best of my abilities.

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:Arch reminded me I apped for this lol. I'll make a short post regarding my character and the general security detail.

It's a great establishing post. I'm wondering if you'd like to address the Congress thread for your next post.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:58 am

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:Sure, what could One talk about

I would imagine just a post on the security detail.
Tomorrow is made today.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse