NATION

PASSWORD

Gamma World: USA Political RP (Sign Ups)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:32 am

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:(Image)

Character Name: Vanq One
Party Affiliation: Republican
State of Origin: Alaska
Type: Humanoid
If Humanoid what Mutations do you have? Android, V1 War Machine model outfitted with advanced combat processing utilities, EW countermeasures, internal exoskeleton, independent system modification capabilities
Government Position(s): Secret Service Agent, Personal Bodyguard for the President
About the Character: An android designed to be the ultimate killing machine, it was produced in a secret military R/D facility deep within Alaska as a weapon of destruction intended to bring victory for America against the armies of foreign nations during the Cold War of the 22nd century. This specific model is the last of its kind, having been shut down in the aftermath of a long-forgotten battle in a forgotten land until it was discovered many decades later. After a series of deals, Vanq One found its way back into the nation that created it and was reactivated using military keycodes. This android is currently utilized as the ultimate personal bodyguard for the President of the United States of America.

You’d probably be in charge of security for the skyline complex and cabinet members as well
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:59 am

@Jariri : I'm wondering if a lot like how George leans towards the Cyber Party if Rita was at one point a member of or supported by the Party of American Revival.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:51 am

Harbertia wrote:@Jariri : I'm wondering if a lot like how George leans towards the Cyber Party if Rita was at one point a member of or supported by the Party of American Revival.

Her mutant and militaristic heritage would certainly support such speculation and her membership in the Autonomist Party may serve as a means to an end - to some point combining both ideologies in a vision of a restored US with a genetically enhanced populous who are also independent of the World Government (who can easily be blamed for failing to prevent or even causing the now near ancient Social Wars).

Regarding her stance on android rights I'm still not sure how an Autonomist would think on the matter - if they can work together in mutual co-operation creating a new better nation then it is useful to have their allegiance - on the other hand however there is the risk of a hivemind mentality among androids which runs counter to core Autonomist beliefs in a bottom-up hierarchy.

Given sympathy for the Revival Party it seems unlikely she would support full android rights since the party is more focused on the enhancement of organic human life and may naturally be weary of applying similar treatment to creatures considered more machine than man.

So I can see her either supporting the Revival cause but the history of her state meant more support for the Autonomist cause, the two ideals don't necessarily work against each other but I think her priority remains Autonomist and inf a favourable deal can be worked out with the Federal government its possible she could come to support the Revivalist cause (though I do wonder if the two causes can merge into one).

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:24 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Harbertia wrote:@Jariri : I'm wondering if a lot like how George leans towards the Cyber Party if Rita was at one point a member of or supported by the Party of American Revival.

Her mutant and militaristic heritage would certainly support such speculation and her membership in the Autonomist Party may serve as a means to an end - to some point combining both ideologies in a vision of a restored US with a genetically enhanced populous who are also independent of the World Government (who can easily be blamed for failing to prevent or even causing the now near ancient Social Wars).

Regarding her stance on android rights I'm still not sure how an Autonomist would think on the matter - if they can work together in mutual co-operation creating a new better nation then it is useful to have their allegiance - on the other hand however there is the risk of a hivemind mentality among androids which runs counter to core Autonomist beliefs in a bottom-up hierarchy.

Given sympathy for the Revival Party it seems unlikely she would support full android rights since the party is more focused on the enhancement of organic human life and may naturally be weary of applying similar treatment to creatures considered more machine than man.

So I can see her either supporting the Revival cause but the history of her state meant more support for the Autonomist cause, the two ideals don't necessarily work against each other but I think her priority remains Autonomist and inf a favourable deal can be worked out with the Federal government its possible she could come to support the Revivalist cause (though I do wonder if the two causes can merge into one).

The Android issue to Autonomist would be a local matter. That was part of why they arose in in the build up to the Social Wars- centralized global power was not resolving the issues meaningfully. If social change happens it will start local with no need for a federal power to intervene; if a change works others will pick up on it and adopt the change, if it does not, it will fizzle out.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:27 pm

Harbertia wrote:

The Android issue to Autonomist would be a local matter. That was part of why they arose in in the build up to the Social Wars- centralized global power was not resolving the issues meaningfully. If social change happens it will start local with no need for a federal power to intervene; if a change works others will pick up on it and adopt the change, if it does not, it will fizzle out.

Delegating android rights to state legislature would be interesting as opposed to enforcing a unified federal mandate, in such a scenario some states might be more liberal on the matter than others although the laws themselves are being made by humans/humanoids who would design them based of consensus of their state populace or other influencing factors.

If the Autonomists get their way its probable that android rights would not be enacted to equality as it seems the issue is already difficult.

Cyberoids at least have the advantage of being human brains in semi-mechanical frames, thus arguably more human than their fully automated counterparts. If the issue was reserved to each state its probable that while cyberoids would not be equal to humans/humanoids they might fare better than full androids who could be considered far too uncanny for the humanoid lawmakers to consider kin.

It does bring into question another possibility - an android majority state. None confirmed to exist thus far but in the event of dissatisfaction from state laws could the android populace simply be allocated their own state. Such a move would likely be opposed if it meant other restored states having to cede portions of their territory (unless its an area that was already android-majority to begin with).

But such a state might be an ideal host for the Created Movement to take off and that can only lead to trouble - although this fear itself is founded on a distrust for androids (the fully automated kind) submitting their sovereignty to a humanoid majority federal government.

Alternatively if the issue is federal and all states are required to share a common structure on the matter it might open the potential for internal reform down the line instigated from the universal empowerment of the android populace. In an ideal timeline there is successful harmony between organic and non-organic life although the process will be slow without a similarly mandated reeducation program to have the next generation considerably more inclined to accept such change - but that might very well breach a state's right to decide its curriculum and arguably be paramount to mass indoctrination.

It would seem from a rough outline that there are no easy solutions. It might be helpful therefore to know how the matter was dealt with by the World Government and the issue's prevalence in the Social Wars to avoid the risk of repeating a past failure. The existence of the Created may imply a failure on the old WG's part to emancipate the android populace leading to an uprising. From that view it would seemthe 'right' thing to do is treat them as fellow citizens but doing so on paper wouldn't be enough - the more difficult challenge is achieving consensus to accept androids all the while maintaining cohesion among the states in doing so.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:48 pm

Hey everyone, meant to come on hours ago but my computer knocked out for a bit. At work I cam up with more NPCs to fill the gaps our players have not filled such as heads of parties and a few more locations of interest in Saint Paul. However due to the delay I did not get all my thoughts down.

The NPCs thus far conceived are as follows;
  • Lenda Starshine - Lenda is a Humanoid, a Lil specifically (think Fairy) who stands 20 centimeters tall. I am not sure yet if she is just a member of that party or it's head as Lil are typically communal in nature and monarchist but I figure Lenda being in the Restored USA has not had that upbringing. Rather her tribe was integrated/annexed/etc long before she was born. I have in mind that while Lenda is a communalist she is more of the 'Shared Stock Corporation' type then the 'state mandated collectivism' kind. She likes individuals coming together for mutual support and thus favors the Shared Stock Corporation model of business. She likes individualism, especially self expression, and believes that people can come together for the community. Such comes from her people in some regard. She sees economic ventures as a form of creativity and expression that is to be safeguarded, allowed to blossom and grow. She believes love is a matter of the spirit (being spiritualist) and not something hindered by form which to her just allows for greater exploration of what makes us who we are.
  • Alphonso Ross - Leader of the Autonomist Party. Ross didn't found the party, but he did enroll in it after reading 'The Fall of Civilization' as noted by Post-Social Wars Historians. Alphonso is in part responsible for the party successfully rising to leadership in Wisconson (though indirectly) as he spread the party from the territories into the restored states. Ross believes the larger a state gets the more that state has a need to control. Smaller territories and populations have less need for authoritarian measures to maintain order. He concluded , reading about how China was in the 1970s, that the Social Wars where a direct consequence of Global Consolidation. The World State was too massive, too powerful, and could not address the issues of people who where not of global significance. He sees the World Government has having been choked in it's own bureaucracy- unable to function as intended. He sees the measures it took and the Social Wars as natural- but that such does not make it any less tragic. As such Mr. Ross is against re-establishing the World Government believing that- as in his mind the Social Wars where a natural outcome of global consolidation- history will simply repeat it's self. He feels that most matters are better localized and decentralized as the people in the immediate region of a situation are those best knowledgeable by first hand account to derive upon a solution that works for them. It may not work for everyone, but that is not the point- the point is that the situation is resolved. The fact that a solution will not work for everyone is just another argument for regional autonomy. People need to find their own solutions- solutions that work for them as imposing a solution will only create friction.

New Locations;
  • Cypher - Cypher is a "Computer Lounge' - Bar - Danceclub that currently serves as the Cyber Party's main area of meeting in Saint Paul. Cypher has a cable Mainframe network allowing club members to access an inbox system, games, news, etc as compiled by the network's administrators. It's only in use in Cypher with membership in the club being 30 Domars a Month. Cypher has one major rule; with in the bar all Androids are Human. The sign inside reads 'if you don't like that, the door is that way'. Cypher would like to operate a gambling system in the club but city, state, and federal law currently prevents that.
Last edited by Harbertia on Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:38 pm

CYBERNETICS

Cybernetics are a Tech III technology. The term it's self applies to the expansion of computers in the control of administration, vehicles, and structures but more often then not is used in relation to Cyber-Prosthetics. Cyber-Prosthetics are replacement limbs controlled through the use of a computer.Cybernetics require an energy supply to function. Most enhancements before the Social Wars made use of Broadcast Power with back up Solar or Chemical Energy Cells depending on the price of the models. Now with Broadcast Power Stations largely shutdown or inoperable leaving great distances between zones with and without such power most cybernetic-prosthetics created in the Gamma World are Chemical or Solar powered. This gives them a few hours of functionality before their power needs to be recharged and some enhancements or prosthetics use more power doing tasks beyond simple replacement of a limb. A Fusion Rifle's power Pack can be modified to provide power to a person's Cybernetics and how long such power will last depends on how many enhancements one has- but such is a bulky cumbersome solution. A cyborg's main concern is how to keep their augmentations or prosthetics functional as without power they do not function.

The Created use cybernetics to convert organics into a Cyberoid. Cyberoids where manufactured combinations of Clone and Android. In the most extreme cases they would have an organic brain but a mechanical body. In lesser cases they had a mechanical frame with a computer mind. The frame would be filled with organs and covered in a manufactured skin. Characters can become close to obtaining such a status in which case they would be considered for rule purposes an Android. The threshold for this the moment (the moment they become Android) is the point they are no longer immune in any fashion to negation weaponry (the moment they can not survive without power; technically when their heart and brain depends on machines for support- a bit of an extension of the life support debate).
Last edited by Harbertia on Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:39 am

Sorry for the very short post but when I get back from vacation to my computer I can post longer
YANG GANG 2020

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:21 pm

The Archipelago Territory wrote:Sorry for the very short post but when I get back from vacation to my computer I can post longer

Welcome back :)

Also, to both you and Jariri I do appologize for not moving the scene forward. I have been distracted but have kept working on the setting.

as for the other players, my memory is not the best, and while I have things planned and have been planning with the CO-OP - I would like any reminders from ya'll.

We all got a bit excited for summer so a pause in our activity was to be expected XD
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:37 am

To help pick us back up after the 'Star of Summer Pause' we'll be doing a bit of a timeskip regarding the situation room meeting so we can resettle into our roles.
Tomorrow is made today.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:56 am

Character Name:Makayla Thomas
Party Affiliation:Republican Party
State of Origin:Iowa
Type: (Pure Strain Human or Humanoid)100% human
If Humanoid what Mutations do you have?
Government Position(s):Senator
About the Character:Born and raised in Central Iowa to 2 loving parents, Makayla was considered a genius in school getting a 4.4 gpa. She earned a dual degree in International relations and Political science at the University of Iowa. She also earned her law degree at the same school. She is known to be a history buff and leans both economically and socially to the right.
Last edited by American Pere Housh on Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:58 am

American Pere Housh wrote:Character Name:Makayla Thomas
About the Character:WIP

Almost accepted. Could you give us a little more info on “about the character” please?
Then I could accept this
EDIT: I didn’t read that properly it’s a WIP. Sorry, my bad.
Last edited by The Archipelago Territory on Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
YANG GANG 2020

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:07 am

About the Character:Born and raised in Central Iowa to 2 loving parents, Makayla was considered a genius in school getting a 4.4 gpa. She earned a dual degree in International relations and Political science at the University of Iowa. She also earned her law degree at the same school. She is known to be a history buff and leans both economically and socially to the right.
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:07 pm

American Pere Housh wrote:

Welcome to the RP :)

Since Makayla is a history buff I will point out in case it was missed that there is a large portion of history lost to the world (1979 to 2149) and thus she may be into speculating what occurred with in that gap. Such could be a way to further establish her character.
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:02 pm

About the Domar - we know its a fiat currency but is there a body that regulates how much goes into circulation?

And is it the same Domar pre-Social Wars that somehow still viable after all those centuries after the WG's fall or a new version with the same name?
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:27 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:About the Domar - we know its a fiat currency but is there a body that regulates how much goes into circulation?

And is it the same Domar pre-Social Wars that somehow still viable after all those centuries after the WG's fall or a new version with the same name?

The Restorationists have reactivated the organ of the World Government responsible for circulating Domars- it's still a plastic currency but it's a bit newer with the old still being recognized- it's just no one really remembers the rate of exchange between the different colors and the Restorationists have still not agreed on that rate (is a Blue Domar 50 or 20 and the Red 5 or 10?) so presently all domars prented by the Restorationists are 1 Domar Pieces. It's not the best system- but they are trying. I'm sure when the next International Restorationist Summit takes place we can have the rate of exchange between the colors a topic for discussion and see if they finally determine what each piece is valued (and if altering such value is really worth it seeing as it would make some people richer and others poorer then they presently are).
Tomorrow is made today.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:09 pm

She could have old history books she found in an abandoned but sealed bunker she found near her parent's farm if it's alright with y'all. It list history all the way to the start of civilization.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:21 am

American Pere Housh wrote:She could have old history books she found in an abandoned but sealed bunker she found near her parent's farm if it's alright with y'all. It list history all the way to the start of civilization.

So, long as that period of history is left out it'll be alright.
Tomorrow is made today.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:55 am

Harbertia wrote:
American Pere Housh wrote:She could have old history books she found in an abandoned but sealed bunker she found near her parent's farm if it's alright with y'all. It list history all the way to the start of civilization.

So, long as that period of history is left out it'll be alright.

I think we should make a Congress thread
YANG GANG 2020

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:01 am

This is a nice picture I found of the Minnesota State House in Saint Paul’s
YANG GANG 2020

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:05 am

The Archipelago Territory wrote:
Harbertia wrote:So, long as that period of history is left out it'll be alright.

I think we should make a Congress thread

Agreed. I am at work right now but will get to it when I get home. Also great pic :D
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:24 pm

Harbertia wrote:
The Archipelago Territory wrote:I think we should make a Congress thread

Agreed. I am at work right now but will get to it when I get home. Also great pic :D

Will the Congress thread take place after the assault on the Barony or during?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:18 pm

Harbertia wrote:Agreed. I am at work right now but will get to it when I get home. Also great pic :D

Will the Congress thread take place after the assault on the Barony or during?

It'll be at present, we've not yet reached the point of the assault, but you have reminded me that I need to begin posts regarding the Barony and Wisconsin.
Tomorrow is made today.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:12 pm

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=469124
Congress thread is up everyone!
YANG GANG 2020

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:21 pm

I've got to focus on store stuff today so the delay will continue for now.
Tomorrow is made today.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse