NATION

PASSWORD

Gamma World: USA Political RP (Sign Ups)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Duestchstien
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:50 am

The Archipelago Territory wrote:
Duestchstien wrote:Character Name: James Gothenburg
Party Affiliation: None
State of Origin: Georgia
Type: Human
If Humanoid what Mutations do you have?: N/A
Government Position(s): Governor of the Territory of Georgia
About the Character: James was born to into a quiet country life, however his proficiency in school sparked enough interest for his parents to try and persuade him to go to college. Earning a scholarship, he attended one of the remaining modern universities, the university of Minnesota, where he got degrees in History and Economics. After graduating he went back to his home country where he got a job in the newly established local government. Due to the local governments lack of personnel, most workers were not specialized and worked in local Magistrates with a few other people. Here they coordinated government activities. At his magistrate in Western Georgia. James would go on to serve in the Territorial Council, a legislative council with one member from each County. At the age of 40 James ran for Governor and won, and he has just taken office in his new position.

Georgia is not a restored state yet

interesting, i don't recall calling it a state
National Info
Chancellor - Alexei Matrovitch
Vice Chancellor - Dmitri Zdunowo
Capital - Moscow
Population - 404.2 Million
Currency - Roys Ruble (₽)
Active RPs
2024: Age of Superpowers - Nigeria

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:45 am

Duestchstien wrote:
The Archipelago Territory wrote:Georgia is not a restored state yet

interesting, i don't recall calling it a state

But the point is the territory isn’t restored yet, so it can’t be.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:46 am

Change the state to a restored one and you should be good
YANG GANG 2020

Duestchstien
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:04 pm

The Archipelago Territory wrote:Change the state to a restored one and you should be good

But then I'd have to be from like... Nebraska. *scoffs in disgust*
National Info
Chancellor - Alexei Matrovitch
Vice Chancellor - Dmitri Zdunowo
Capital - Moscow
Population - 404.2 Million
Currency - Roys Ruble (₽)
Active RPs
2024: Age of Superpowers - Nigeria

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:02 pm

I am excited to see a bill in the works, and due to the lack of Republican characters I shall begin work on one (but will likely end up playing more of them being the OP XD hahaha).

At work today I devised an agenda for the Republicans this term, and some bill ideas- and upon seeing the bill in question began to formulate arguments of opposition for the political discussion that will take place upon the floors of Congress.

Additional planning has also taken place.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:03 pm

Harbertia wrote:I am excited to see a bill in the works, and due to the lack of Republican characters I shall begin work on one (but will likely end up playing more of them being the OP XD hahaha).

At work today I devised an agenda for the Republicans this term, and some bill ideas- and upon seeing the bill in question began to formulate arguments of opposition for the political discussion that will take place upon the floors of Congress.

Once these is happening, we will need a congress thread
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:08 pm

Endem wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I am excited to see a bill in the works, and due to the lack of Republican characters I shall begin work on one (but will likely end up playing more of them being the OP XD hahaha).

Once these is happening, we will need a congress thread

This is only my second political RP, and while the Senate and House are rather small right now- I am certainly open to having a Congress Thread should activity demand it- as you seem to be the voice of experience I shall take this as likely to be the case.
Tomorrow is made today.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:15 am

Will this Congress thread host a storyline set after the assault on the Barony of Horn?

Right of secession might also be an interesting issue to bring up.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:46 am

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Will this Congress thread host a storyline set after the assault on the Barony of Horn?

Maybe in a joint session since the senate only had 12 people
YANG GANG 2020

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:03 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:Will this Congress thread host a storyline set after the assault on the Barony of Horn?

Maybe in a joint session since the senate only had 12 people

That is pretty small. Do we have a House of Representatives?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:05 pm

Gonna put this quickly up before I head out to my store today;

After peer council I have determined that as we did not discuss the military prior Jennifer has a sound point. However, so as to neither make Jennifer nor the General seem incompetent I have devised an angle where upon the reason why the Navy and Airforce are being neglected has to do with how much land the US has to reclaim (and thus a need for land forces to occupy such ground as most of it does not consider it's self part of the US). This need especially early in the Restored US history has lead to a bias towards the army in the armed forced. Aircraft are also hard to come by and due to territory held (the restored states) not massivley produced nor fueled. Brass feels the airforce is best kept near the Bonapartist front and the expense and time of moving them is used as reason to further rely on the armed forces. The lack of a firmly held coast has contributed to the Navy's neglect.
Tomorrow is made today.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:08 pm

Is Transhumanism seen in the 4th millenium like transgenderism is today?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:37 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Is Transhumanism seen in the 4th millenium like transgenderism is today?

Like any social movement it has to be taken in steps. The genetically altered (even Humanoid, such as those near Human- say horned or three eyed) are considered Human in the US. But when it comes to human to machine or Human to inhuman ( Mutant animal) - well that would require Androids to get citizens rights and Mutant Animals to have the same. Otherwise transhumans are seen as wanting to be valued less. One has to get people to see Androids and sentient Animals as equal to Humans before Transhumanism can take root (Human regardless of form to be accepted).
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:13 pm

By androids do we mean robots or cyborgs with human brains?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:22 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:By androids do we mean robots or cyborgs with human brains?

Both in this setting's case (from a point of view) which offers a moderate take on the issue.

Cyberoids are manufactured cyborgs; cloned tissue grown upon and within a mechanical frame. They can bare and sire children (being clones with cybernetic augmentation) but Pre-Social Wars America (and the World) defined them as android with organic components (despite the use of an organic brain for processing information). Cyberoids are responsible for The Created in the aftermath of the Cyberoid Uprisings. Which is why that organization accepts cyborgs and mechanical androids- it's somewhat transhuman in regards to 'transcending humanity to mechanical perfection'. Finding flesh to be chaotic in nature.

Other androids are entirely mechanical and built in categories of Thinker, Warrior, and Worker. They would be more like the 'Detroit: Become Human' variety.

You can find both Republicans and Democrats who desire to extend the right to vote to Cyberoids but you can not find as many wanting to extend it to the mechanical. Clones aready have legal status as Human; but it's by some legal technicalities that Cyberoids are not extended that same privilege. It was one of the issues that tore the nation and world apart during the social wars.
Last edited by Harbertia on Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:56 pm

To, rationalize Endem's statement about decriminalizing transhumanism- I believe the issues he's referring too might involve birth records (Human or Humanoid) and in a Transhumanist's case the inability to register in legal forms as 'Android' or 'Mutant Badger'. Which I suppose can be compared to to the difficult some Transgender people have in regards to have a driver's license that identifies them as their preferred gender.

The situation here though is that Androids and Mutant Animals are not like Male or Female- in most democratic societies today men and woman have equal voting and political participation rights- in the case of Androids or Mutant Animals in the Restored USA this is not the case. Both of those are types that could not legally acquire a driver's license to begin with and thus a Human wanting to be registered as such on said license could not as the government can not legally issue such to those types of beings.

Which goes back to what I said about steps; Transhumanists need both Androids and Mutant Animals to have equal rights before people can be legally accounted for as those types despite biology.
Last edited by Harbertia on Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:39 am

=======
Hey everyone, I'm unwinding after a busy week (I had fallen behind at work the week before and thus had a heavy workload) and my store is open Fri,Sat, and Sunday.

While I may not post today (I might if I get a boost of energy) I would like to fill in some details;

The Domar is a physical currency but it's not fiber nor metal; rather it's plastic.

I would like to expand details on the parties and thus am open to suggestions regarding platform. For example, I have considered making it a Liberal Party position to recognize the states that arose in the 700 years after the Social Wars.

Additionally due to Jariri's character I would like to indicate a Secessionist Wing to be present in the Autonomist party. This would be natural as before the Social Wars Autonomist wanted to break from the World Government so the view suits them, and by them is seen as the true position of 'bottom up' rule with anti-secessionist being seen as 'top down' in regards to where authority emanates. The Autonomist have the stance that since power derives from the people the people have the right to decide who governs them and that as such they have the right to leave the governing of a regime that marginalizes their interests.

The Republican Character I announced earlier is being more defined though in doing so I learned that I based him on a 'archetype/stereotype' much to my humor; Country Club Republican. This term I learned today applies to wealthy university educated Republicans known for social club membership and the holding of socially moderate, liberal, or indifferent positions.

I would like to remind ya'll that you can have more then one character, and we are certainly in need of republicans. Otherwise unless I come up with more to fill the gap we are gonna have a lot of generic 'senator from Nebraska' or 'the Representative from South Dakota looked around' going on. I've added a note on the OOC letting those checking the RP out know of our need.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:21 am

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:(Image)

Character Name: Vanq One
Party Affiliation: Republican
State of Origin: Alaska
Type: Humanoid
If Humanoid what Mutations do you have? Warrior Android, V1 War Machine model outfitted with advanced combat processing utilities, EW countermeasures, internal exoskeleton, independent system modification capabilities
Government Position(s): Secret Service Agent, Personal Bodyguard for the President
About the Character: An android designed to be the ultimate killing machine, it was produced in a secret military R/D facility deep within Alaska as a weapon of destruction intended to bring victory for America against the armies of foreign nations during the Social Wars. This specific model is the last of its kind, having been shut down in the aftermath of a long-forgotten battle in a forgotten land until it was discovered many decades later. After a series of deals, Vanq One found its way back into the nation that created it and was reactivated using military keycodes. This android is currently utilized as the ultimate personal bodyguard for the President of the United States of America.

Change type to Android and I can accept Vanq One.

I do have a suggestion, ... it's optional and not required to be accepted. What do you think of the unit having been built during the Cold War of the 22nd Century? The age would also explain the individual's uniqueness.

I can not currently see the image, but will certainly be able to latter.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:11 pm

Harbertia wrote:=======
Hey everyone, I'm unwinding after a busy week (I had fallen behind at work the week before and thus had a heavy workload) and my store is open Fri,Sat, and Sunday.

While I may not post today (I might if I get a boost of energy) I would like to fill in some details;

The Domar is a physical currency but it's not fiber nor metal; rather it's plastic.

I would like to expand details on the parties and thus am open to suggestions regarding platform. For example, I have considered making it a Liberal Party position to recognize the states that arose in the 700 years after the Social Wars.

Additionally due to Jariri's character I would like to indicate a Secessionist Wing to be present in the Autonomist party. This would be natural as before the Social Wars Autonomist wanted to break from the World Government so the view suits them, and by them is seen as the true position of 'bottom up' rule with anti-secessionist being seen as 'top down' in regards to where authority emanates. The Autonomist have the stance that since power derives from the people the people have the right to decide who governs them and that as such they have the right to leave the governing of a regime that marginalizes their interests.

The Republican Character I announced earlier is being more defined though in doing so I learned that I based him on a 'archetype/stereotype' much to my humor; Country Club Republican. This term I learned today applies to wealthy university educated Republicans known for social club membership and the holding of socially moderate, liberal, or indifferent positions.

I would like to remind ya'll that you can have more then one character, and we are certainly in need of republicans. Otherwise unless I come up with more to fill the gap we are gonna have a lot of generic 'senator from Nebraska' or 'the Representative from South Dakota looked around' going on. I've added a note on the OOC letting those checking the RP out know of our need.

Right to secession could be a double edged sword if a significant portion of the state opposes secession, leading to a Wheeling Convention situation like what happened between Virginia and West Virginia. There could be factions within the Autonomist Party who want independence while others who want increased limitations on federal jurisdiction to the point of the Union itself being more economical than political.

So about the Domar - is it Fiat money based on confidence in the federal government or backed by the value of some natural commodity?
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:56 pm

Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:
Harbertia wrote:=======

Right to secession could be a double edged sword if a significant portion of the state opposes secession, leading to a Wheeling Convention situation like what happened between Virginia and West Virginia. There could be factions within the Autonomist Party who want independence while others who want increased limitations on federal jurisdiction to the point of the Union itself being more economical than political.

So about the Domar - is it Fiat money based on confidence in the federal government or backed by the value of some natural commodity?

Core Autonomist are for the US abandoning the reviving of the World Government, there focus is not secession from the US thus there would be tension with in the party as even before 1978 international courts ruled secession illegal and specifically in the US it is deemed illegal but a faction would support it as a democratic right as democracy is built upon the people consenting to be governed and politicians being accountable to the people. Thus the people should by that view be allowed to leave a government that does not heed the people's interest.

The Domar is a Fait currency regulated by an Organ of the World Government which while lacking executive, judicial, and legislative branches has had that organ and the organ for issuing IDs activated as part of the revival. As such the US has no direct influence over the currency. The Domar is used in Mexico, and Canada along with other restored nations and is thus the most universally accepted currency. As an example of the Domar's current value one 12 ounce gold coin is worth 5 domars.

The economic and ID system currently in place helps keep the restorationists co-dependent and united. The ID system was a must, as the IDs are needed for access pre-war computer installations and most facilities. With the aim of reviving the nations of old access such installations and facilities was a must. Thus somewhere is a large database where ID information is stored and requests for confirmation sent for processing on a global scale.

The same perhaps could be said about the Domar as pre-war vending, ATM, and other machines are built to recognize the Domar and thus other currency would be deemed invalid by them unless modified which would require tampering with the global network of which the organ of the WG does not like as it means having to undo the modification once an area is reclaimed (among other concerns such as preservation of the system, fear of loosing it forever and thus it's benefits).
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:14 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Islamic Republic e Jariri wrote:

Core Autonomist are for the US abandoning the reviving of the World Government, there focus is not secession from the US thus there would be tension with in the party as even before 1978 international courts ruled secession illegal and specifically in the US it is deemed illegal but a faction would support it as a democratic right as democracy is built upon the people consenting to be governed and politicians being accountable to the people. Thus the people should by that view be allowed to leave a government that does not heed the people's interest.

The Domar is a Fait currency regulated by an Organ of the World Government which while lacking executive, judicial, and legislative branches has had that organ and the organ for issuing IDs activated as part of the revival. As such the US has no direct influence over the currency. The Domar is used in Mexico, and Canada along with other restored nations and is thus the most universally accepted currency. As an example of the Domar's current value one 12 ounce gold coin is worth 5 domars.

The economic and ID system currently in place helps keep the restorationists co-dependent and united. The ID system was a must, as the IDs are needed for access pre-war computer installations and most facilities. With the aim of reviving the nations of old access such installations and facilities was a must. Thus somewhere is a large database where ID information is stored and requests for confirmation sent for processing on a global scale.

The same perhaps could be said about the Domar as pre-war vending, ATM, and other machines are built to recognize the Domar and thus other currency would be deemed invalid by them unless modified which would require tampering with the global network of which the organ of the WG does not like as it means having to undo the modification once an area is reclaimed (among other concerns such as preservation of the system, fear of loosing it forever and thus it's benefits).

Is Alaska even restored?
YANG GANG 2020

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:34 pm

WCF, I'll reply tomorrow
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:09 pm

Harbertia wrote:Core Autonomist are for the US abandoning the reviving of the World Government, there focus is not secession from the US thus there would be tension with in the party as even before 1978 international courts ruled secession illegal and specifically in the US it is deemed illegal but a faction would support it as a democratic right as democracy is built upon the people consenting to be governed and politicians being accountable to the people. Thus the people should by that view be allowed to leave a government that does not heed the people's interest.

Is Alaska even restored?

Negative, but the android app states that after a number of deals the unit made it's way to the restored United States where it was re-activated. Thus I imagine some individuals transported the unit through the territories aware that it would be of value to the states. I doubt the first finders where the ones to deliver it- the unit likely changed many hands before arriving in US and being restored.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:56 pm

I'm certainly eager to see how this draft goes.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:23 pm

V A N Q U A R I A wrote:Edited app

Welcome to the RP, the president is currently in a meeting on the IC and your character is likely nearby. Take some time to read up if you would like while I add your character to the OP post.
Tomorrow is made today.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse