NATION

PASSWORD

A Strange World: Civilization's Dawn [Revival] [OOC|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:59 pm

Olthenia wrote:Did the buffalo eat my update this year?

It tasted delicious.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:02 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:

It tasted delicious.

Curse those hairy greedyguts!

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:19 am

Ah, my bad. I had done updates during the day and I guess I skipped over yours at the time when it was empty and forgot to go back and do it in the evening when i was writing the paragraphs.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:41 am

People who are working that are sick work at a disadvantage right?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:51 am

Ralnis wrote:People who are working that are sick work at a disadvantage right?

Negative. They work just fine. Its the recovering that takes the disadvantage in that case. You either work and make recovering difficult(potentially more sick if things go wrong), or you risk not working or working half time by spending some time recovering. Which does have a penalty obviously. If you are working only half the time, you only produce half the labor or half the hunting.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:54 am

Also guys, this is year 10. After this year, if you haven't asked for help, or I haven't tried beating you on the head with TGs to get your tribe to live again: Feel free to TG me. After this year, there won't be any major directional hints for people.

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:04 am

Nuxipal wrote:Also guys, this is year 10. After this year, if you haven't asked for help, or I haven't tried beating you on the head with TGs to get your tribe to live again: Feel free to TG me. After this year, there won't be any major directional hints for people.

Is there any chance I could get a hint as to what general cardinal direction I might want to go to end up actually meeting a tribe at some point? Or if I could get a hint as to if I have any idea if there is some sort of detritus or flotsam or distant markings suggesting that there might be habitation around the lake?

Is developing some sort of clairvoyance or telepathy to locate the nearest other people something that would be acceptable for me to try and invent as a first-tier magic for a Wise Man?

It's just that it seems this map might be a lot bigger than the old one was; no-one's met anyone else yet, so I don't know how likely it is that I won't just spend a decade wandering around aimlessly.
Last edited by The Grim Reaper on Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:05 am

The Grim Reaper wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:Also guys, this is year 10. After this year, if you haven't asked for help, or I haven't tried beating you on the head with TGs to get your tribe to live again: Feel free to TG me. After this year, there won't be any major directional hints for people.

Is there any chance I could get a hint as to what general cardinal direction I might want to go to end up actually meeting a tribe at some point? Or if I could get a hint as to if I have any idea if there is some sort of detritus or flotsam or distant markings suggesting that there might be habitation around the lake?

Is developing some sort of clairvoyance or telepathy to locate the nearest other people something that would be acceptable for me to try and invent as a first-tier magic for a Wise Man?

It's just that it seems this map might be a lot bigger than the old one was; no-one's met anyone else yet, so I don't know how likely it is that I won't just spend a decade wandering around aimlessly.

To be fair a lot of us haven't been scouting too much. My scout has been busy gathering food, for example.

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:10 pm

Nuxipal wrote:

Ah, my bad. I had done updates during the day and I guess I skipped over yours at the time when it was empty and forgot to go back and do it in the evening when i was writing the paragraphs.

Quite alright. You're fulfilling the OP role just fine.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:01 pm

We got an ETA on update? I've been distracted by Subnautica.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:05 pm

Not very soon - me and nux have been busy today. You've got time
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:52 pm

Well - I have everyone who's posted's rolls done... i wanna give a few people who havent posted just a touch more time.... but update tonight

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:17 am

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:Well - I have everyone who's posted's rolls done... i wanna give a few people who havent posted just a touch more time.... but update tonight

Update tonight you say :P
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Olthenia
Senator

Postby Olthenia » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:31 am

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:Well - I have everyone who's posted's rolls done... i wanna give a few people who havent posted just a touch more time.... but update tonight

Take your time. You're doing alright.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:27 am

Oh, Nux/Saxony? Vittoria isn’t ill any more, is she? She isn’t listed as ill in the records, and it was my impression the improved food supply correction would allow her to heal normally, but just checking.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:53 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Oh, Nux/Saxony? Vittoria isn’t ill any more, is she? She isn’t listed as ill in the records, and it was my impression the improved food supply correction would allow her to heal normally, but just checking.

Vittoria is still Ill, but she has a chance of improvement with extra food. Also with rest

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:53 am

Sorry about the wait- I had new stuff come up xD

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:44 pm

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:Sorry about the wait- I had new stuff come up xD

Hey Sax, any idea when the next potential eta? I just want to know when I should be watching so that I can know when to write my next post.
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:55 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:Sorry about the wait- I had new stuff come up xD

Hey Sax, any idea when the next potential eta? I just want to know when I should be watching so that I can know when to write my next post.

Typically we don't do an update on sundays. It's usually a very busy day for us. I'm just now getting back onto NS for the first time since like.. 4pm yesterday. I'll likely do some rolls for those who have posted if I have free time tonight, but aside from that no update until tomorrow.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:36 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Hey Sax, any idea when the next potential eta? I just want to know when I should be watching so that I can know when to write my next post.

Typically we don't do an update on sundays. It's usually a very busy day for us. I'm just now getting back onto NS for the first time since like.. 4pm yesterday. I'll likely do some rolls for those who have posted if I have free time tonight, but aside from that no update until tomorrow.

Sax said he had already done the rolls for this year, he never posted it though.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:45 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:

Sax said he had already done the rolls for this year, he never posted it though.

Alas, rolls are only half of what goes into an update...

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:47 pm

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:Sax said he had already done the rolls for this year, he never posted it though.

Alas, rolls are only half of what goes into an update...

I realize that. Jut figured I'd save Nux the trouble of redoing the rolls.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:53 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:Alas, rolls are only half of what goes into an update...

I realize that. Jut figured I'd save Nux the trouble of redoing the rolls.

I'll see what has happened. I'm running an update (long over due) for Mass Effect factions, which takes a little bit of time at this stage of its progression. Then I'll find the document and see what needs to get done over here for the update.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:53 am

Nuxipal wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:I realize that. Jut figured I'd save Nux the trouble of redoing the rolls.

I'll see what has happened. I'm running an update (long over due) for Mass Effect factions, which takes a little bit of time at this stage of its progression. Then I'll find the document and see what needs to get done over here for the update.

Sounds good. Thanks for all your hard work.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:11 pm

Alright, update is finally ready. Had many distractions today.

We are shooting for one update per day this week to move the timeline along a little bit.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse