NATION

PASSWORD

A Strange World: Civilization's Dawn [Revival] [OOC|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:13 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:I don't believe so, it's just straight rng. Which sucks for those of us who have developed 0 techs in the first two turns.

Huh. I'll await Saxony-Brandenburg's response.

Indeed.
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:14 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
The Empire of Tau wrote:I failed in my research in the development of agriculture. Will that failed action add a bonus if I continue said discovery?

I don't believe so, it's just straight rng. Which sucks for those of us who have developed 0 techs in the first two turns.

Nux did mention that labor towards ends would help with tech. That's why I've taken the time to dry meat, for instance, and collect fat - pemmican should be easier to develop with the constituent materials to hand, instead of merely whole-cloth.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:17 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:I don't believe so, it's just straight rng. Which sucks for those of us who have developed 0 techs in the first two turns.

Nux did mention that labor towards ends would help with tech. That's why I've taken the time to dry meat, for instance, and collect fat - pemmican should be easier to develop with the constituent materials to hand, instead of merely whole-cloth.

There's not much prep that can be done for smoking or melting copper in a campfire, which are the two things I've been doing for two years now. Neither of those are particularly complicated.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:20 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:

There's not much prep that can be done for smoking or melting copper in a campfire, which are the two things I've been doing for two years now. Neither of those are particularly complicated.

Hmm. Perhaps something like constructing a small bower to do the smoking in (confining the smoke to ensure it permeates the meat), or gathering timber to get a steady flame for melting the copper? Or even gathering the copper ore, so you can ensure you have a fine quality of ore to work with instead of one mostly intermixed with a stone matrix? Just spitballing here, but there are always intermediary steps or things you can do to prepare for success, even in the simplest of processes.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:22 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:There's not much prep that can be done for smoking or melting copper in a campfire, which are the two things I've been doing for two years now. Neither of those are particularly complicated.

Hmm. Perhaps something like constructing a small bower to do the smoking in (confining the smoke to ensure it permeates the meat), or gathering timber to get a steady flame for melting the copper? Or even gathering the copper ore, so you can ensure you have a fine quality of ore to work with instead of one mostly intermixed with a stone matrix? Just spitballing here, but there are always intermediary steps or things you can do to prepare for success, even in the simplest of processes.

Fair enough, I guess. But I can't really spare the labor when I need 2/3 of my non-scholars to be getting food, and I can't hit the RNG for a tech that will allow me to have extra food. Catch-22.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:23 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:

Yet the ability to dehydrate meat is elusive to my people. So my scholars are just dumbasses. :p

In other news, I now know one of my neighbors after they whipped up that forest fire. Plus they have medical herbs so that's good in getting the population boom going.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:24 pm

Ralnis wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:There's not much prep that can be done for smoking or melting copper in a campfire, which are the two things I've been doing for two years now. Neither of those are particularly complicated.

Yet the ability to dehydrate meat is elusive to my people. So my scholars are just dumbasses. :p

In other news, I now know one of my neighbors after they whipped up that forest fire. Plus they have medical herbs so that's good in getting the population boom going.

I'm pretty sure that was a natural wildfire. There was no mention of people.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:28 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Yet the ability to dehydrate meat is elusive to my people. So my scholars are just dumbasses. :p

I'm pretty sure that was a natural wildfire. There was no mention of people.

I thought there was a connection between the Ciaráin's event with their inferno and my tribe seeing smoke over the horizon. But I'm also like my people so take my word for salt.

Which I wish I had.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:29 pm

Ralnis wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:I'm pretty sure that was a natural wildfire. There was no mention of people.

I thought there was a connection between the Ciaráin's event with their inferno and my tribe seeing smoke over the horizon. But I'm also like my people so take my word for salt.

Which I wish I had.

A bunch of us had the inferno event, including me. It seems to have been a pretty large fire.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:30 pm

Ralnis wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:I'm pretty sure that was a natural wildfire. There was no mention of people.

Which I wish I had.

I would think so too, though they didn't start it, if I read aright.

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Ralnis wrote:I thought there was a connection between the Ciaráin's event with their inferno and my tribe seeing smoke over the horizon. But I'm also like my people so take my word for salt.

Which I wish I had.

A bunch of us had the inferno event, including me. It seems to have been a pretty large fire.

Y'all just get to start packed in cheek to jowl :P

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:32 pm

Ralnis wrote:I thought there was a connection between the Ciaráin's event with their inferno and my tribe seeing smoke over the horizon. But I'm also like my people so take my word for salt.

Which I wish I had.

I would think so too, though they didn't start it, if I read aright.

The GAmeTopians wrote:A bunch of us had the inferno event, including me. It seems to have been a pretty large fire.

Y'all just get to start packed in cheek to jowl :P

Shoooot me.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:34 pm

What I was trying to say was that I at least know who some of my neighbors are in some way. But I'm at least happy that I have somewhat found how to do smoking.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:35 pm

Ralnis wrote:What I was trying to say was that I at least know who some of my neighbors are in some way. But I'm at least happy that I have somewhat found how to do smoking.

Ah, yes. Fair enough.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:35 pm

Ralnis wrote:What I was trying to say was that I at least know who some of my neighbors are in some way. But I'm at least happy that I have somewhat found how to do smoking.

Carry the meat closer to the giant forest fire. Meat gets smoked at close range. Win.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:36 pm

Carry the meat closer to the giant forest fire. Meat gets smoked at close range. Win.

But that forest fire was in the previous year...

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:36 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:

But that forest fire was in the previous year...

I'm sure you can still find bits of it burning.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:37 pm

The GAmeTopians wrote:But that forest fire was in the previous year...

I'm sure you can still find bits of it burning.

I'd much rather figure out how to make my own smoking :p

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:40 pm

So will it show how long do I have to invest in researching smoking in order to get it unlocked finally?

Olthenia
Senator

Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:44 pm

Alas, inspiration continues to elude me. u_u

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:54 pm

How long will it take for children to grow up? 19 turns?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:56 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:How long will it take for children to grow up? 19 turns?

Presumably - though I would estimate more 10 or so. They're an effort to avoid eventual demographic collapse.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:00 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:How long will it take for children to grow up? 19 turns?

Presumably - though I would estimate more 10 or so. They're an effort to avoid eventual demographic collapse.

Well, of course. I need about 3 or more kids to ensure that my peeps in their 18-20s will be replaced after they reach like 50 or 60-so.
Last edited by The Empire of Tau on Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sinyal
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sinyal » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:52 pm

I will get my year 3 post up tomorrow morning or afternoon. Please don't go to year 4 without me. I did not have time to do it tonight. The only reason my thing says online is cause I leave my NS tabs open. On a side-note, I love this roleplay and it is very fun.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:00 am

Good luck to everyone this year. Loads of us had some problems last year. Hopefully when this update happens, no one has a repeat of the poor health hazards and no one outright dies from those illnesses
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:06 am

I’ll have mine up in around an hour. Hopefully we can do another update today! :D

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse