NATION

PASSWORD

CAS Canon RP IC/Gameplay (CAS Region Only)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kaiserlike
Attaché

Founded: Feb 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

What color should their shirts be?

Postby Kaiserlike » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:44 am

May 14th 1934
Downtown Alten-Lindenstadt

"This sandwich is delicious," Alfons Goethe told his friends, "best sandwich shop in all of the Empire."

"Nothing beats a good home cooked meal though," Harry Traub replied.

"Hey now I'm reading the news," Marcel Schleiermacher chastised.

"Sorry sir," the other two answered immediately.

"Though, why do you care if that communist died? He was barely alive the pass two years!" Alfons stated.

"Eduard Bernstein was a major political member," Marcel answered, "who replaces him will greatly affect the political game."

"I can tell you who will replace him," Harry stated, "another communist that's who."

Alfons and Harry started laughing at the joke, yet Marcel was only slightly amused. Alfons opened his eyes and looked across the street, and his eyes immediately noticed an enemy, "Look!" Alfons told the group pointing across the street.

An Ausfoner was walking across the street, he appeared a bit confused, looking at a piece of paper.

"Come on," Marcel ordered as he stood up.

The three followed the man from the other side of the street, crossing when he did, Marcel nodded at Harry who crossed to the other side of the street behind the Ausfoner. Marcel and Alfons moved ahead and crossed in front of the man. "You look a little lost," Marcel told the man, "Can we help you?"

The man turned to Marcel with a smile, "yes I'm trying to find-" the man spoke with a thick Ausfon accent, but cut himself off upon noticing Marcel's armband.

"Something wrong?" Marcel questioned with a smile, "oh you noticed this? It's the Star of Maidalis it purifies all in the white circle, while on the red outside signifies Caesii blood."

The man began to back away from Marcel before bumping into Harry, "why don't we take a shortcut, we know exactly where to go," Harry told the man grabbing his shoulder.

"Stop this!" a voice called out behind Alfons.

Alfons and Marcel whisked around to see the interrupter. Alfons eyes immediately noticed the red star in the mans cap, a communist! Alfons grabbed his baton, things were about to turn ugly.

Marcel smiled and nodded to Harry, "I think you are better equipped to help our friend here."

Harry let go of the man who bolted passed Marcel and Alfons, "Well guys we have done a good deed today, helping this stranger find his way. God bless everyone," Marcel said turning his back to the communist and walking away.

Once out of earshot, "So the Communists are taking in Ausfon refugees," Marcel said, "we'll need to inform the Party."
Last edited by Kaiserlike on Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hallo Ich bin eine Puppe aus Nieblham
Mein Deutsch ist nicht gut, bitte helfen mich

Recusant > Solarism. Ich bin Kaiserlike. Osphen ist eine Fälschung

Goldritter
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Goldritter » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:03 pm

May 12th, 1934
Gailinger Residence
Falkenhayn, Goldritter

Käsar wanted to smoke, his hand fidgeting with the pack in his coat pocket, yet he could not. There was already too much smoke in the air. They did not expect the Gailinger Manner to burnt down. Ernst readjusted his monocle with a steady hand,“Well, I’ll be damned,” he blurted out in shock and awe.
“This cannot just be a coincidence,” Käsar stated as they walked down the cobblestone path, leaving footprints in the ash.
The two walked up to Viktor Gailinger who was, once again, consoling his wife, “it was just an accident dear, we’ll rebuild.”
The woman continued to sob as Viktor did his best to try to cull her intense emotions, “Our son… our home… Why, Ashur? Why have you forsaken us?!” the woman bellowed in sorrow.
Käsar coughed to get Viktor’s attention and said, “a moment sir?”
Viktor looked annoyed, before setting his wife down on the grass. After walking out of earshot of the serfs, Viktor questioned the detectives, “What are you here for? My house burnt down and the Kripo is here? Is this really a part of the investigation into the Prince’s death or are you guys just out of leads?”
”There is more than meets the eye here… Your manor burning down cannot be a mere coincidence…” Ernst retorted
“What are you implying?” Viktor aggressively whispered to the two detectives
“I am implying this stinks of a Bolshevik plot…” Ernst said cooly.
Viktor shook his head, “This was just an accident, you are seeing things that don’t exist.”
Käsar replied, “that may be so, but nonetheless we must be careful. So please start at the beginning.”
Viktor sighed, “it started with my wife waking me up, I could hear Tori shouting.”
“It was chaos…” the noble continued, “the screams and howls of my staff and my hounds fleeing from the fire deafened almost everything in our general area… but once me and my wife were safe we could see just how bad the fire was. It must have originated in the kitchen but I am unsure. The serfs were bustling around attempting to put the fire out but to no avail. When everyone gave up fighting, I went to look for Tori, but I have yet to find her.”
“Hopefully the poor girl didn’t perish in the flames,” Viktor’s now slightly calmed wife butted into the conversation
“Dear,” Viktor said, “There’s-”
“Don’t ‘dear’ me!” Mrs. Gailinger retorted before turning to the detectives, “If this had anything to do with my son, get me justice! Bring the people who corrupted my son to justice! Bring the people who stole everything from me to justice!”
”The vengeance of Ashur and the Holy Mother will be upon their heads.” Ernst said as he tipped his hat to the female noble
HEY, OVER HERE!” someone shouted.
The men headed over to the serf, while Mrs.Gailinger stayed behind. The serf was in the midst of the ruins, moving debris aside. “I think I found her!” The serf said.
Cries could be heard across the manner at the news, and sure enough Käsar could see the burnt remains of a body in the ash.
”Poor girl… Surely she has become one with the stars…” Ernst said as he took off his hat.
Käsar turned to Viktor, “is anyone else missing?”
Viktor shook his head, “no thank God, only Tori.”
Käsar looked down, something was bothering him. The interview with the other serfs had revealed that Tori spoke a lot with Eduard. That Eduard was known to help Tori on visits to the market. The serfs had thought it was romance, but Käsar was not sure. Yet even if there was more going on, here was Tori’s dead body.
Käsar walked away, pulling his pack out of his pocket, he needed a smoke.
”Isn’t there enough smoke already in the air?” Ernst jested towards Käsar following him.
“Something isn’t right,” Käsar said as he lit a cigarette, “These lead has produced nothing, save one thing. Tori, she was close to Eduard. Yet now she dies in a house fire? Was she killed? Did they burn down the house to burn the evidence? To kill her?”
“Fire isn’t the greatest form of assassination,” Ernst replied, “it would be difficult to make sure she would have died.”
“So you don’t think that’s her body?” Käsar asked.
“My gut says she’s alive,” Ernst answered twirling his mustache, “Something tells me we are dealing with a wolf in sheep’s clothing…”
“Let’s keep a watch on this place,” Käsar stated, “Tori might not be the only one. But we can’t let Viktor now.”

Kaiserlike
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaiserlike » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:15 pm

May 15th, 1934 13:00
Kaiserlike Embassy
Tianjin, Tiangdu Sonacist Empire

Prince Ernst Martin von Württemberg sat in the center on the long side of the table. He watched as the Tiangdu and Shinese generals, Gumelar Gugin and Dugu Qiubai, chatted among themselves in a language he did not understand. Next to him sat a translator and beyond him the 3 Lieutenant Generals. They were reading over their report and looking at the maps spread across the table. Ernst really was the odd one out at the table here. The door opened and the entire group fell silent as the three generals from the Nanjing People’s Federation entered, Senior General 彭德怀 (Peng Dehuai), and Lieutenant Generals 李世明 (Li Shiming) and 赵尔陆 (Zhao Erlu). The Tiangdu generals watched as the men took their seats, while Ernst fixated on the red star on the Peng Dehaui’s cap. What was the Empire thinking? Ernst thought, fighting against bolshevism at home and in Goldritter yet helping them in the Far East? Did the Communist Party orchestrate this? Or was this Shingou’s doing?

Peng Dehaui strode over to the table, observing the wake of his arrival. He recognized multiple sonacist generals he knew from the civil war. This was the first time the Federation would be on the world stage, now recognized by their new ally, Shinguo. A well-dressed foreigner sat at the center, staring at him with concern. He must be the envoy from the HCE thought Peng.

Lieutenant General Prince Volkhardt Schuhbeck von Hohenzollern was the first to speak, “With everyone here let us begin the meeting. We are here today to develop a plan that will un- bring peace to Yunna.”

Volkhardt paused as the translators spoke, before walking to the back wall of the room behind Ernst. “to begin we would like to develop a time table with certain objectives to meet each month.”

On the wall was listed each of the 12 months horizontally with the years 1934, 1935, 1936 listed below them. “Here we are in May 1934,” Volkhardt said pointing to the box, “by the end of this, the objective will be peace in Yunna. If you could run us through the current plans we will add them to this table.”

Year MonthJanFebMarAprilMayJuneJulyAugSeptOctNovDec
1934JanFebMarAprilShinese mobilizationShinese MobilizationShinese MobilizationShinese MobilizationShinese MobilizationShinese MobilizationAir/Naval MobilizationAir/Naval Mobilization
1935Air/Naval MobilizationAir/Naval MobilizationOperations Baduk, LibertyOperations Baduk, Liberty, KoOperation CaptureOperation CaptureJulyAugSeptOctNovDec

Peng Dehuai stood first, and moved over to the table on the wall. “I believe Hubei should be our first priority. They share a large border with the NPF and with Shinguo, allowing us to use our strength in numbers. There are multiple ways in which we are able to attack…” he paused, “yet our greatest worry is involvement of other warlords or the Ming Zhu Dang.”

The Shinguo General Gumelar Gungun looked at General Peng Dehuai sat in silence carefully contemplating on what the best course of action should be in tackling Hubei’s issue

After the translator finished speaking Volkhardt responded, “Exactly MHD is by far the biggest problem. We see no reason to dance around them and allow them to engage on their terms. We must strike first. As such we propose moving 3 Shinese armies into the Federation starting in May and accomplishing that by October 1934”

“Yet even our combined forces cannot possible deal with MHD, with possible support from the warlords, I believe we must strike the warlords first, preferably Hubei.” Li Shiming interjected. “Exactly, there is no reason we should provoke MHD while we still have threats from the warlords.” Zhao Erlu continued, “While we may have to keep low, the NPF would be vastly more capable of contributing to the war effort if it is able to annex the warlords.”

Lieutenant General Prince Lutz Husch von Hohenzollern, cousin to Volkhardt, stood up next. “You clearly do not understand the power of a modern nation like Shingou. If we focus on the warlords that offers advantage to MHD. If Shingou engages a warlord, MHD will respond, and possibly strike Nanjing. If it’s just you that creates too much variables. How will the other warlords respond? You cannot handle fighting two warlords at once. How will MHD respond? The warlords are not a threat to a nation like Shingou and we would also recommend an additional 2 Shinese armies marching against the warlords from the south. MHD will not be able to help the warlords while also engaging Tiangdu from the north and Shinese forces from the south.”

Volkhardt nodded and added, “From October to March Shinese could also move some airwings and a Fleet into Nanjing to offer and even stronger force. From there a joint strike from the north and south would secure Yunna. Annexation of a warlord will not increase your strength by much, certainly you may gain extra soldiers but you’d also have to leave your veterans to secure the peace, lest you risk anarchy. Such an act again leaves too many variables, will MHD respond to such an act?”

Lieutenant General Prince Leon Heilbronn von Hohenzollern leaned back in his chair, “the biggest threat to peace in Yunna is not the MHD, but the Entente. If they offer any form of support to MHD the conflict could last for much longer than it should. If we cut off MHD from the ocean the Entente is limited in ways to support. They’d be relegated to formally engaging Shingou from the Raj, something Ergonia would not do, engaging in naval warfare, or supplying MHD in an overland route which would be extremely expensive.”

“There still is the possibility of us attacking alone, meaning MHD is less likely to get involved. The problem, of course, is whether we can defeat them, which I’m sure we can, but it would be long and costly. The entrance of Shinguo into the war would likely bring in MHD, meaning no real benefit.” said Peng Dehaui, “Yet if we can focus our combined forces on MHD, we may be able to overpower them, and hopefully without involvement from the warlords.”

General Dugu Qiubai stands up and makes a few remarks on the current state of power balance between Tiangdu and MHD. He states that “Tiangdu and Shinese forces will certainly be able to crush MHD if the Federation can hold back the warlord states.”

The general of Shinguo smiles and stands up to praise General Dugu Qiubai. He states, “Shinguo has enough forces to also strike at Hubei from the south with Federation forces from the east. The warlords will be of little matter to a modern military.”

Volkhardt nodded, “exactly, with an invasion in March we can start Operation Baduk, a joint air, naval, and army operation to cut MHD off from the ocean led by Shingou and Tiangdu. Operation Liberty, led by NPF against Hubei and Jiangxi. We’ll leave the specifics of each Operation to the respective leader, but hopefully they will be completed by the end of April.”

“As an additional source of forces,” Leon began, “once we achieve naval dominance in the region, Shinese forces from the Northern Island and the Tiangdu 7th Army could stage an aquatic landing in Operation Ko during mid-April. Certainly forcing the MHD to move inland.”

“If all goes well,” Lutz said, “We can begin Operation Capture and move further inland. Though the specifics will depend on the ground situation. Depending on the status of the warlords forces may be needed to aid against them. We do not recommend planning further beyond this as there are too many unknowns.”

This is of course private and unknown to all players besides those that were here

Imperialtha
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperialtha » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:45 pm

May 15th 1934 13:00
Temporary Presidential Palace
Zhengzhou, Yunna

Chiang Kai Shek approached the podium to speak to the 6th Army, microphones and wires all around allowing him to broadcast this speech.
"To the People of Yunna," He began in Yunnese, "I am President Chiang Kai Shek of the Yunnese Republic. I, along with many brave citizens of Yunna, have been fighting for a better Yunna than what existed before. Many lives were lost, brothers fighting brothers. To end such meaningless bloodshed I agreed to a truce. I came to realize that bloodshed is not the only way to unify Yunna. I am pleased to announce that Ausfon is willing to host negotiations in Paris, I invite both Aisin Giori Yinzhen and Hong Liming to attend so we can work out our differences peacefully. Yet, I have saddened that while we worked to establish this meeting, these two individuals, sponsored by a foreign nation Shingou agreed to an Alliance. To Hong Liming and the people of Nanjing, we both want a democracy in Yunna, we only disagree on policy. If you truly believed in democracy you would let the people of Yunna decide policy. Yunna has too long been under the rule of a foreign monarch there's no need for that to continue as the Sonacists and Shingou desires. Let it be known that this alliance serves only to keep the people of Yunna separate and weak. Lastly, while I have faith in diplomacy, I will not be taken for a fool. If diplomacy cannot create the Republic we want, then we will use the powers we have."

EVENT: YUNNESE DIPLOMACY
The Republic Forces are requesting negotiations take place to unify Yunna.
At Risk: Hostilities in Yunna
At Reward: Unified Yunna

May 15th 1934 16:05
Kaiserlike Embassy
Tianjin, Tiangdu Sonacist Empire

General Peng Dehaui was tired from all the debate and planning. Images of different war plans flashed through his head, The envoy from the HCE were well trained, he thought while walking to his car, his bodyguards following him, but now it is time to return to Nanjing.

"HEY COMMUNIST!" Someone called out.

Peng turned around to see a group of Sonacist soldiers behind him, "You are a traitor to the revolution!" one of them said.
"Communist Pig-dogs should not be allowed in Yunna!" another retorted.
Peng's bodyguards moved to separate the General from the accosting soldiers while Peng rushed to his car. The soldiers kept shouting and some spat at the bodyguards as the car drove away.

EVENT: SONACIST DISSAPROVAL
Sonacist forces are afraid the Yunnese United Front will prevent Yunna from being unified and many are wanting Yunnese unification promises renewed.
At Risk: Desertion.
Last edited by Imperialtha on Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terra Frima
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 22, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Terra Frima » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:40 am

On May 17, 1934 the Foreign relations committees in both the House of Representatives and the Senate approved the move from the Office of Foreign Relations under the President and Federal Commonwealth High Commands move to enter in with a formal defensive pact with the state of Kuba. For greater regional control and influence over the Modesian Gulf and Modesian Canal.

On May 18, 1934, Both houses approved the move, late in the day it was signed into action by the President and made public to Amerce and the greater world.
"This nation has the means to end this war in a definitive and elegant manner, we seek not destruction and conflict but a balance of power and restoration to peace, and it will be done with reason and justice from beginning to end, and the world will be grateful, only then will they see the way to true peace."

"They paint us as if we have lost the democratic traditions this nation was founded on, that can not, is not, further from the truth in this nation, do they not know what we went through? the 30 years of war that was started by men who did not listen to the people? This Republic will weather the storm, we will fight to the death and win, then welcome our enemies into our great state."

Nator State
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 10, 2019
Corporate Police State

False flag attack kills 2,916 Nator State citizens

Postby Nator State » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:08 pm

May 21, 1934 7:15 am

General Abraham Abdulle in command of the 105th brigade speaks with the leader of Nator State: The Honourable Nator Green.

"7:00 am on Wednesday till 7:00 am on Thursday" establishes Nator Green "Your the most stubborn man I know so that's why I want to bring you in on this with me."

"We ought to kick the Shinese puppet Jara off the face of the map!" states General Abdulle. Nator Green findes this remark seemingly unrelated to what they had until this point been talking about however General Abdulle had been waiting to say this for some time honestly not caring for the subject of intermittent fasting in the slightest. "Shinese influence on our peninsula (witch is largest peninsula in the world) can only lead to trouble in the future Sir."

"Your opinion may be popular with the rest of the world but I doubt many in Nator State are as motivated as you."

"Sir, let me give them and the rest of the world a reason to be motivated, Sir"

Nator Green tells General Abdulle "Go ahead and commit you command to whatever action you deem appropriate without crossing into Jaras borders"

May 22, 1934 2:00 am

A,B,C,D,E,F Co 122 and A,B,C,D,E,F Co 222 and A,B,C,D,E,F Co 322 of the Nator State Guard disguised as Jara soldier attack a mental health unit killing 2,916 Nator State citizens. News of the event is translated into many different languages and effort from Nator State is made to get the event as much outside attention as possible framing Jara as the culprit.
Last edited by Nator State on Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terra Frima
Spokesperson

Postby Terra Frima » Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:50 am

May 26, 1934

It had been a busy past few weeks for the group of people in change of Amerce's southern push southwards for control over the Modesian Gulf. But this was the day that many of them were happy, the last of work they put into securing the defensive pact with Modesia and large step up from both the military access Amerce had and trade deal that was put in place two weeks ago. Standing in a large room with reporters and people from both nations a scene that was largely similar to the one in Kuba a week ago with the signing of a defensive pact of similar wording. Just like that with the exchange of documents between the representatives, the deal had been made and all three nations were now closer together for weather any storm that came their way.
"This nation has the means to end this war in a definitive and elegant manner, we seek not destruction and conflict but a balance of power and restoration to peace, and it will be done with reason and justice from beginning to end, and the world will be grateful, only then will they see the way to true peace."

"They paint us as if we have lost the democratic traditions this nation was founded on, that can not, is not, further from the truth in this nation, do they not know what we went through? the 30 years of war that was started by men who did not listen to the people? This Republic will weather the storm, we will fight to the death and win, then welcome our enemies into our great state."

Cotour
Attaché

Founded: Sep 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

1934 - NPF Budget, May 27th

Postby Cotour » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:49 pm

The NPC has officially announced its budget for the year 1934. It has been reviewed by the Oversight Committee and has been released to the public.

The Budget has been increased by 6.78 million yuan.

Education has been a large point of spending, as most of the population is illiterate. While previously there was no mandatory education, the Education Committee has set up free, mandatory public schools covering primary and secondary school, and are in the process of establishing the first Yunnese university in Nanjing. Some buildings have been repurposed for helping illiterate adults learn necessary skills. Alongside these initiatives, NPF officials have been organizing simplified characters in order to bring easier access to education. These simplified characters contain a fraction of the strokes, yet retain the beauty of Yunnese. These are expected to drastically increase literacy rates as they are easier to learn and remember, and will be more recognizable.

Just this year, Jiangnan Arsenal has developed two new artillery weapons, a Multi-Purpose Anti-tank cannon 3.7cm FT JN.34 costing 2.75k each, and a heavy artillery gun 10.5cm ZH JN.34 costing 7.5k each. The arsenal is also currently working on developing and improving infantry weapons. The PLF has been focusing greatly on artillery weapons and has spent lots of money supplying and maintaining them. The usefulness of artillery has been shown time and time again. The anti-tank cannon has been developed to counter the possible threat of the tanks supplied to the MHD. Recent developments have improved the ZH-29, the first semi-automatic rifle, which has allowed it to go into mass production, whereas previously it was only available to higher ranking officers at a high price.

Law Enforcement in the NPF is made up of a small, but organized police force. The police are not armed with deadly weapons, nor are there prisons. The NPF hopes that focusing on mental health and rehabilitation rather than punishment for petty criminals will reduce crime in the long term. Strong social policies have already nearly eliminated crime by removing incentives. These together have brought extremely low crime rates. A small armed police force, the Peoples’ Armed Police (PAP) is also present, meant to deal with domestic terrorists or high-profile cases, yet their usual work is policing ports of entry.

As of the current situation, an official constitution has not been adopted, but there is a social contract in place defining the systems of governance. Much of the spending goes towards local communes and administrative offices. Legislators and representatives only work part time, with part pay, in order to allow them to work regular jobs and connect better with regular people. The idea is that working the same jobs as the people they represent helps them to better understand them, their opinions, and their beliefs.

Commerce is made up mostly of investments and subsidies for businesses, while also encompassing spending on trade, transport, and provision of necessary goods. A large portion of spending is also used to provide businesses to rural areas. These are usually concrete and fertilizer manufacturers that help rural areas fulfill their own needs. The idea is called ‘walking on two legs’ in which necessary, small industries are built alongside heavy industries such as steel mills. Industrial expansion into rural areas has greatly increased production, and agricultural advances have led to more being able to work in factories, producing necessary goods. Subsidies are focused on necessary industries that provide important or basic consumer goods. Much of it is focused on agriculture and providing machinery to farmers in order to improve efficiency and allow for their children to attend schools, while also freeing up valuable workers.

Healthcare is still quite rudimentary, yet providing basic antibiotics available to all has been an important goal. Mandatory vaccinations have been running, leading to major drops in many diseases. Lots of funds have been spent on cleanliness, especially for surgeries. Anesthetics and high quality surgery equipment are available in cities, and there are hopes of expanding high quality care to more rural regions in the form of county hospitals. Healthcare does not cost patients, which means much healthier citizens. Due to this, though, there are often wait lines at peak hospital hours, full of the sick and injured. Many new hospitals are being built to cope with the demand for medical care. Medical research is extremely important and highly regulated. While it may take a few weeks before a possibly life saving medicine is available, it must be tested and ensured to be safe.

A relatively large portion of spending is spent on Science and Technology as it is believed to be essential to growth. Yunna was once a forerunner in technology hundreds of years ago, yet in the past hundred years they have fallen behind. Agricultural technologies are one of the focuses, as improving the efficiency of agriculture will lead to more peasants being able to work in factories. Military technology is also a point of investment. Military scientists are working on developing an indigenous tank, alongside improvements for existing weapons with input from the soldiers. Communications technologies are also extremely important. Science and Technology are necessary for societal advancement, and spending is allocated to a multitude of different projects

Many cities still do not have proper pipework for running water, and in rural areas it’s nearly noon-existent. Most of the money spent on public services is in expanding and improving infrastructure. Basic electric power stations are also beginning to provide electricity to major cities. There has also been research into possible alternative electricity sources, as oil is expensive, and is not extremely common in Yunna.

Culture and Media is largely meant to organize public gatherings and celebrations, maintain a news station, and provide radios for public areas. It focuses on planning staffing, and organizing all kinds of celebrations.
"A revolution is not a dinner party, or writing an essay, or painting a picture, or doing embroidery. It cannot be so refined, so leisurely and gentle, so temperate, kind, courteous, restrained and magnanimous. A revolution is an insurrection, an act of violence by which one class overthrows another." ~ Mao Zedong

Kaiserlike
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaiserlike » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:19 am

May 29th 1934
Downtown Alten-Lindenstadt
Holy Caesii Empire

Marcel Schleiermacher and Alfons Goethe flanked the Chairman, Anton Drexler while Harry Traub followed behind. Many watched the entourage as they walked down the street. Some waved, others frowned. Many still remembered the crucial vote that the Imperial Church Party had cast months ago.
"I must ask you guys to stay outside," Chairman Drexler said as they approached the Communist Party's office.
"Yes sir!" The three of them said saluting.
Drexler opened the door and approached the front clerk, "I'm Chairman Drexler I'd like to speak with Chairman Scharff."
"Certainly, sir," the lady answered as she stood up to direct him towards Scharff's office.
"Chairman Scharff, Chairman Drexler is here to speak with you," The clerk said after knocking on his office door.
"Let him in," Scharff said through the door.
The clerk opened the door and let Drexler through.
Scharff sat at his desk, he appeared to have been writing something, but he picked up his papers and put them into a folder. "What can I do for the esteemed gentleman from Bavaria?" Scharff asked.
"I thought I could talk to you about the recent refugee problem from Ausfon," Drexler stated.
"HA!" Scharff laughed, "refugee problem? it's only a couple hundred fellow laborers that are fleeing persecution. Damn bourgeois, regardless what about them?"
"I hear the communist party has been preparing a bill to allow these laborers legal permission to stay."
"Yes, but with the Diet as it is, it will fail," Scharff lamented.
"The Imperial Church Party might be willing to help the bill pass."
Scharff's face filled with surprise and said distrustfully, "why?"
"As Ashur says, treat your neighbor as you would yourself. Oh, and of course, not as the bill is, knowing you lot," Drexler replied, "perhaps if you support our amendment we might be able to help get the bill passed."
"And what sort of amendment might you want?" Scharff questioned.
"That they join the Imperial Reserves," Drexler said casually, "if we're going to let them stay the least they can do is defend us."
Scharff was speechless for a moment, "Join the military? What sort of bourgeois madness is this?"
"Did the events in Ausfon teach you nothing?" Drexler questioned, "The bourgeois you hate so much won't be toppled by a few pamphlets and speeches. The proletariat needs to know how to fight."
Scharff's eyes lit up and he replied, "I see, if you can get us the votes I might be able to convince my party to support the amendment."
"Thank you chairman," Drexler replied as he stood up, "that will be all."

Osphen
Envoy

Founded: Aug 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Osphen » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:17 pm

June 3rd 1934
Tuileries Palace
Paris, Ausfon

Dauran

The Royal Guard glanced at Dauran sternly as he flipped through his papers.

“You’re an intern?” the Guardswoman asked.

“Yes, I am, the professor asked me to come early!” He said over enthusiastically.

The guard squinted her eyes suspiciously and continued to inspect the papers, no doubt trying her best to sniff out the slightest of discrepancies.

Dauran had often been subjected to this sort of superficial judgement by many guards before. He understood why, because he was an immense and broad shouldered beast of a man. He looked more like a coal miner than an intern and a student, but, to be honest, he doesn’t feel much like a student or an intern. He had studied at the University of Reims intermittently over the past 5 years. Both family dramas and his attempts to escape them had caused him to pause his education. Despite that he remained fascinated by the inner workings of government since early teenagehood and, when the time to choose an area of study, he deviated from the family line of businessmen and industrialists and opted for a life reading articles about class divisions in 17th century Ergonia and state centralisation in Ausfon under Episcopesean Richelieu. It wasn’t luxurious, but Professor Poincare had singled out his papers and “saw potential” in him.

He now interns at a research institute, one heavily regulated and influenced by the Osphenian crown, for Professor Poincare. Today, Poincare had decided to come to the Yunnese Peace talks for curiosity’s sake, and he allowed Dauran to tag along because it would be a good “learning experience” for him. He sent a message to Dauran urging him to be early for he is currently predisposed with domestic matters of utmost importance.

The guard looked up at him again with an incredulous smirk.

“What professor?” the Guardswoman pressed, relaxing her wrist and tilting the papers towards him.

Dauran instinctively reached for his paper and pulled at it, opening his mouth to say “Professor Réan Poincare of Law and Political Science at the University of Reims.”

But that was a mouthful to say. He wasn’t especially articulate and merely struggled out a feeble “Professor Ré-care… law at Reims”.

The guardswoman struggled against his grip, tightening her fingers on his papers over it.

“Let the fuck go.” She snapped. “Professor who of what?” She asked again, this time with less patience and markedly more venom.

Dauran’s grin faded into a small frown, but he managed to stutter out Poincare’s full name, title, position, and post.

“Go on.” She dismissively handed Dauran’s papers over and flicked head towards the entrance.

“I can go through?” He asked, hoping not to be too presumptuous and annoying the guardswoman further.

“Go the fuck on, damn.” She derided him.

Without saying a word Dauran rushed through the entrance into the Tuileries palace. The lobby was suspiciously empty. Perhaps he was late? It can’t be. The last time he checked a clock was 30 minutes ago, and back then it was only 10:00am. He elected to search around the palace. The various experts and dignitaries should be in some room somewhere.

He snaked through hallway through hallway, scaled up and down various stairs, and opened endless doors, but still to no avail, he found no one. He was sure by now he had entered into some part of the palace he was forbidden from.

“Why am I always lost?” He pondered to himself.

He continued to roam the halls fruitlessly before coming before a large set of doors. He spent some time looking at the ornate white and gold door before deciding to try his chances and cracked them open slightly to see a room filled with suits and uniforms. At last he had found the conference room.

He stepped through the door, closing it silently and slipping into the crowd. Looking around him he saw all manner of people, Osphenians, Yunnese, Malays, Shinese, Thai, diplomats, soldiers, generals, servants, butlers and journalists. Heeding Professor Poincare’s request, he found a seat with a good view of the negotiations. Next to him was to a disgruntled malay journalist. Dauran figured he was a journalist due to the notepad he carried. Although upon further pontification he may also be a student, but he guessed he probably was a journalist. Dauran decided he was to make an effort to acquaint himself with the journalist.

He introduced himself, extending his hand for a handshake.

“Hi, I’m Dauran, I’m with the Reims Institute of Law and Governance. You are?”

The journalist turned to him with a slight starteledness, and lifted his hand to half heartedly wave hello before turning away to watch the rest of the hall.

“Oh, okay. That’s fine.” He said, pulling his hand away.

“I don’t need friends anyway.” He remarked to himself defiantly.

About half an hour passed before Professor Poincare showed up sweaty and panting.

“How were the domestic issues?” Dauran asked

“Good.”

Not too long after that, a Royal Guard stepped on the podium.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, take your seats. The King is about to arrive.”

The crowd began to disperse and scatter, grabbing whatever seat they can find.

“This is an immensely important occasion. Make sure you take notes.” Professor Poincare said to Dauran.

“Of course.”

Just then, a set of trumpets announced the arrival of the King. A small man in a suit stepped through the doors and announced the full title of the King before stepping back and letting the King through. The King, dressed in a fine blue and red uniform adorned with medals marched up onto the podium. Every Osphenian in the room instinctively bowed their heads in respect. The King reached into his breast pocket and produced several cards and began to speak.

“Esteemed diplomats, dignitaries, generals, journalists, politicians. Today we are making history by opening the channels to stop the suffering of millions in one of the most tenuous political situations of the world. I ask that we all be civil, and I hope for a peaceful resolution to this issue.”

And with that, the negotiations began.

Wang Jingwei

Wang Jingwei, representative for the MHD, looked over his papers and proposals. He was sure most of it would be agreeable, only a few sticking points. If they could overcome these obstacles many lives would be saved. The representative watched as everyone took their seats around the table.

周恩来 (Zhou Enlai) of the NPF arose and made his statement. “Nanjing firmly believes in unity for Yunna. We have been cooperating with Shinguo to attain our goal. Despite that, we are open to all negotiations that can bring a peaceful and bloodless solution to our differences. Democracy is a core value of ours, and I’m sure all the groups present share that same value. I believe we can use solely peaceful means to come about a solution. There is no need for violence when there are options on the negotiation table.

Tiangdu General 霍去病 (Huo Qubing) stands and makes his announcement. “Tiangdu agrees to participate at the negotiation table, yet we refuse to give up the holy emperor and his sonacist proletariat political leadership. We are willing to give up his divine status but we are unable to resign his authority as a political figure. You have to realize his essential role in our society and what he means for both Shinguo and Tiangdu as well as sonacists groups in warlord regional governments.”

What are they thinking? We just had a revolution to abolish monarchy, who could agree to reinstate it? Zhou thought.

Wang shook his head, there was the obstacle in question. He rose up and said, “Perhaps we should start with what we can agree on. Furthermore let us start simple and basic. Should a Yunnese Government consist of local governments such as city and provincial governments?”

“Of course,” said Zhou, “locals know the local problems the best, they can be entrusted to work on local issues. It also allows them to send their own representatives to higher congresses. Local government is necessary, especially in such a large and diverse nation like Yunna.”

“Each regional government should retain their own army and retain their autonomy while we agree on issues such as have a weak national government who ensures trade runs well said general and transportation among states run well,” said Huo Qubing.

“Absolutely not!” Wang blurted, “we are here to establish a government for a united Yunnese state! Not to build political walls.”

Wang closed his eyes for a moment and exhaled, “Excuse me, I assumed we were on some sort of common understanding. This is most unfortunate. Let it be known that the Republican forces believe in unified Yunnese state with one army and supremacy with the national government. Is this something that can be agreed too?”

“I somewhat agree,” said Zhou, cautiously, “While a unified government and army provides us with a common source of unity, we should attempt to incorporate regions at a slower pace, giving them enough autonomy as to prevent them from seceding or revolting due to changes that are too sudden and possibly disagreeable.” He finishes, glancing at the Tiangdu representative.

“The only people that would revolt or secede is us and the warlords wealthy enough to,” Wang replied, “the people do not care, they only want stability, security, and food. Besides we can put together a transition government to deal with the transition and establishment of the formal government.”

“Let’s have plenty of rounds of talks before we make any sudden moves, this process of integration needs plenty of time. We agree to many of what you all have to say but this process has to be slow as we do not have enough authority to make any rapid offers,” said General Huo.

This is why one doesn’t send a general to a peace conference, Wang thought before asking, “So can the Sonacists agree to a unified Yunnese state?”

“Yes we can but we need to have time in order to come up with points we can discuss in future conferences. Frankly speaking, we are unprepared for this discussion at the moment as it contains too many subjects and we are not prepared. We came in with the intention of accepting future conferences for talks and to create a framework for talks. We shall agree for talks but we will elaborate on these unclear topics in our next series of talks,” said general Huo.

“The MHD has been preparing for these meetings since the truce was declared,” Wang countered, “regardless of that, we are here now. We can get work done. So it appears we agree on a unified Yunnese state. Now to my original question: Should a Yunnese Government consist of local governments such as city and provincial governments?”

“You can rest assured, I stand by my previous position that they are a necessity.” answered Zhou.

“I have no comment on such issue at the moment. I believe we should get ready for the next feel meetings instead,” said general Huo.

Wang sighed, “Alright if the Sonacists want time to prepare then we’ll give them some time. Perhaps we shall meet again sometime between August and October. The topic shall be exclusively on provincial governments and their relations to the national Yunnese government. We shall let the Sonacists determine where the next meeting will be.”
hand hook man

Amaurita
Envoy

Founded: Apr 23, 2017
New York Times Democracy

1 June, 1934

Postby Amaurita » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:47 pm

Engleton, Palma, U.S.A

The sun pierces the peaks of the Pasadena Mountains, flooding the city in a brilliant light. The rising skyscrapers of the central districts, industrial zones, and residential districts of the city all hum to life as the sun rises. The industrious nature of the city, and the nation as a whole, reflects the destined ascension of the United States, from a backwater on the edge of an endless ocean to a bustling regional power.

The Engleton Federal District, the home of the federal government in the United States, remains just as busy as the rest of the nation. Multiple pieces of legislation, all designed with the intention of bolstering the nation’s economic and industrial growth, are all up for vote on this day in the United States Senate, before being sent to the President’s Office for final approval. Senators from all ten states will converge after the vote was held in the Parliament of Representatives the day prior, and determine if the debated legislation will move onwards.

For now, the nation remains hard at work, pouring its energy into the revival of the Union.
Last edited by Amaurita on Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperialtha
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperialtha » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:48 pm

June 3rd 1934
Tiangdu Sonacist Empire

EVENT: SONACIST DISAPPROVAL
Failing to see any action in the pass month 5000 sonacist soldiers have left the military, some returning to their homes in Tiangdu, others fleeing into lands controlled by MHD. 1000 soldiers a month will continue to desert if inaction continues.

June 3rd 1934 19:01
Tuileries Palace
Paris, Ausfon

Wang Jingwei paced around the room, the King of Ausfon was sitting nearby tired from the days work. "I can't believe them," said Wang, "sending a General to a peace conference? Were they trying to intimidate us or do they lack any sort of diplomats in general? They are up to something I know it! We must prepare, please your majesty any support will help us. You don't want Yunna to fall into the hands of Shingou. We need you and Ergonia's help."

EVENT: MHD CALLS FOR HELP
MHD is requesting support from the Entente. Will the Entente give them support?
AT RISK: Control of Yunna

Zhou Enlai returned to his hotel, there were a small amount of guards posted outside for him. He was glad that the Ausfon's were treating him well, but now he could rest.
"Sir," a female clerk called out in Ausfon, "This letter was left for you by a young kid."
Zhou sighed and took the letter thinking, what bourgeois madness is this?
Once in his room Zhou opened the letter at the top was a drawn red star
To our comrade Zhou, we are the Ausfon Communists. As you are aware the current regime in the nation has forced us into hiding and exile. We no longer believe in a peaceful transition and instead look at your success in Yunna. With your support we would like to assist your revolution so as to learn from you. With your help the revolution can become international.

the letter follows with an address to write back to.

EVENT: COMMUNIST REVOLUTION
Zhou has received a letter offering to help NPF
At reward: Additional forces

May 23rd 1934
Jara

The Jara government issued a response to Nator's claim.
"The people of Jara has no wish for conflict with Nator. There is little to no reason for war, but should Nator demand war the people will defend themselves to the end. Make no mistake Jara is not alone in the world and Nator would win any conflict."

Mes
Envoy

Founded: Jul 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Sonacist Leader and Emperor Modu Tianci settles in Tiangdu!

Postby Mes » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:39 pm

June 4th 1934

Following some of the exodus of the armed staff in Tiangdu the Emperor Tianci announced to the people of Tiangdu and Shinguo about his resolve to prevail and to create stability for the two regimes and the subjects he rules over.

In a speech, he states that "Until the end of the civil war he will not leave Tiangdu in solidarity with the army and his subjects against MHD democratic illegitimacy and tyranny of its regime." He announces that he will be in the front lines "Dying and fighting for the country he loves." He states and firmly holds the belief that Sonacists must focus on the true enemy which is the MHD and create stability with partners who truly want to carry the torch of the wills of the people. He states that the NPF is not the enemy of ours but are loving patriots who are willing to serve the goal of peace under our leadership in our coalition." At the same time, he appoints a regent representing the ceremonial role of the emperor and enlists in the army serving with his comrades.

After his enlistment, he states that "If talks fail he is willing to fight the MHD and be the first one to die in service of his nation."

He states to the soldiers "To contribute and fight for their families and friends and the true cause and that those who have left needs to rejoin at once or face the humiliation of Yunnese history."

A picture of the emperor enlisting as a soldier.

Soon after his speech, the state propaganda department put up posters all across Tiangdu in solidarity of message with the emperor.
Last edited by Mes on Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goldritter
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Goldritter » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:10 am

June 11th 1934
St. Manteuffel Hospital,
Wilhel Vontaine

“He’s been extremely sick for the past couple months,” Doctor Matthäus Wolfensohn stated, “a series of strong flu cases spread throughout this hospital. It’s amazing he was able to stay alive after being shot.”
“Well all that matters is that he’s strong enough to talk,” Käsar replied.
“Yes, just don’t be too rough on him,” the doctor replied, “too much stress will hurt him.”
“We understand Doctor…” said Ernst as he tipped his hat to the doctor
The detectives passed two officers stationed outside the ward’s room. Inside was a man laying on his back as he listened to the radio, “Wulf passes to Joshua but he’s blocked by Stephan. Joshua kicks and-”
“I hope you don’t mind if we turn this off,” Käsar told the man as he flipped the radio off.
Käsar pulled up a chair near the bed while Ernst leaned against the closed door. The prisoner remained silent, his left arm handcuffed to the bed frame.
“Can you tell us your name?” Käsar asked.
“A-A-Adrian Lerche, sir…” the man softly replied.
“Adrian, we’d like to ask you what you were doing in Otto and Herman’s apartment?” Käsar said gently.
Adrian rolled onto his side, his back to Käsar,
“Adrian, Otto and Herman hurt people. We just want to know why. Can you help us?” Käsar asked.
Adrian was completely silent, not a sound left his mouth.
“Now see here, Mr. Lerche… You are grouped in a with a crowd who killed the Crown Prince… You could be hanged for treason… Talk boy, it’s only for your own well being…” Ernst aggressively took control as he moved to tower over the kid.
The boy rolled over again this time onto his back, “why?” he uttered.
“Why what, Adrian?” Käsar asked.
“Why should I talk?” Adrian replied.
“Because the Kaiser will have your head on a silver platter if you don’t…” Ernst spouted a grim rebuttal, “not to forget that you took a shot at me.”
“And if I talk i’ll be killed by my friends for betraying them,” Adrian replied.
"Your friends betrayed the Empire," Käsar stated.
Adrain laughed for a bit before the laughs turned to coughs where he rolled over again.
“That, that is why I joined up with them in the first place!” Adrian said after rolling onto his back, “Betrayed the Empire my ass, what has the Empire done for us their ‘precious subjects’ besides crush us for all that we are worth?”
“Who are you to decide a man’s fate? The Crown Prince brutally died because of this Bolshevik circus! You stink of self pity… Judging from your clothing, you are not a serf… You speak of hardships, Mr. Lerche, but you look like a man who has never lifted a hard working finger in your life,” Ernst scowled.
“Eat a dick,” Adrian said, “I may not be a serf, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t had my hardships. Trust me being born an orphan, living only because of Sister Sylvia, doesn’t make life easy. We all worked in the monastery, hoping for pity coins from the nobles that couldn’t deal with the existential dread that their wealth couldn’t solve. I tried to live a normal life, to work and be a good citizen. Yet that life barely got me anything, no matter how many hours I put in all I got was a pittance from the foreman. Until they decided I was no longer needed. I tried but the Empire failed us all. The Empire has become corrupt to the core!”
Ernst lifted the kid by his collar before Käsar grabbed Ernsts arm, “let him go,” Käsar ordered.
“Ernst von Hevdrich? Your name stinks of nobility you fat gentry bitch…” Adrian mocked the detective as his laughing caused another coughing fit.
Ernst threw the kid back onto the bed before walking away back to the door. Adrain coughed and moaned in pain, “Your story is tragic… It truly is, I feel for you but that does not justify your actions you goddamn punk,” Ernst shouted
“Adrian,” Käsar said, “we all know that the Empire isn’t perfect but violence is only going to beget more violence. We are trying to save lives here, and if you help us, we can save yours.”
“That’s exactly what they said,” Adrain replied between coughs, “that we would save lives if we could just end the system and rebuild it. They truly do believe that their actions are justified.”
“And what do you believe?” questioned Käsar.
“I do not know… But I do know this, clear as the sky, the nobility deserves to shrivel into dust… This is not a country of God and men, it is a Godless country of rich coward,” Adrian replied.
“Is that Sister Sylvia would want you to believe?” Käsar pressured.
Adrain eyes lit up at the mention of Sylvia and glared at Käsar. Their eyes were locked in a staring match, but it was Adrain that gave up and rolled over. “That woman was too pure for this world,” he said, “she wouldn’t understand.”
“It was the same system that you criticize that created her,” Käsar posited, “she would understand.”
“You don’t know her!” Adrain shouted, “You’re just some Caesii fool, you can’t possibly understand her or me!”
“You’re right I don’t know her,” Käsar said calmly, “but she chose to be good, just like you can still.”
“Don’t you see, Otto Derskorzy’s bomb hurt rich and poor alike…” Ernst stated
Adrain sighed, “I was burning Herman’s journal, I never opened it, so I don’t know what was in it.”
“Who told you to burn the journal?” Käsar asked.
Adrian began a terrible coughing fit saying, “I didn’t recognize her, never saw her before in my life, some blonde broad… She approached me in the street and handed me a letter. The letter just asked me to go to the apartment and burn the book. It even had the key to the apartment.”
Käsar looked over to Ernst before asking Adrian, “did you get this lady’s name?”
“No, she just said he was a friend of Ingo,” the kid answered.
“Who’s this Ingo?” Käsar asked.
“A coworker turned friend,” Adrian answered, “He was the one that introduced me to Marxism.”
“What is the last name of this Ingo?” Ernst queried
“Ingo Bessemer,” Adrain said solemnly, “he’s a good guy.”
“Thank you Adrain, we’ll put in a word with the prosecution, the more you help us the more we can help you,” Käsar said while writing down the name.
Ernst opened the door and Käsar stood up saying, “Take care Adrian and get better. We may be back.”
After closing the door Ernst turned to Käsar and said, “Ingo Bessemer… That name sounds familiar, put I can’t put a finger on it.”
Last edited by Goldritter on Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Goldritter
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Goldritter » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:42 pm

The Divine Kaiserreich of Goldritter enters a Defensive Pact with The Kurgan Empire
Last edited by Goldritter on Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nator State
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 10, 2019
Corporate Police State

Nator State blames assassins.

Postby Nator State » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:44 pm

June 13, 1934 1500

Nator State Active Guard Corps Bravo Battery 121 is going over recurrent training with battery XO Lieutenant Killam, Oliver.

"click" signals Lt Killam to Bombarder Sergeant Major Schmits indicating for him to project the next slide. Just then Chief of Artillery Tanzer walks in.

"Fall into the rifle range, Go." The Battery moves single file out of the classroom, running down hallway on to a drill deck marked out inside of the indoor rifle range. Corporal Faure notices a Lieutenant General in the room. The Lt Gen also notices Faure and nods towards him singling him out to his Command Sergeant Major. "One has stolen a pen that belongs to General Van Aggelen. Sergent Major Pal is going to do a pat-down of the Battery then return you to Killam" declares COA Tanzer. CSM Pal moves down 1st squad and after frisking 1st squad moves down 2nd squad. Moving down 3rd squad CSM Pal decides to 'find' the pen on a private first class. Later that night Cpl Faure discovers a note in his pocket having been placed on him by CSM Pal telling him to go to the vacation house of Lt Gen Van Aggelen in a wooded area by a lake. The note being signed by Lt Gen Van Aggelen was taken as an order by Cpl Faure. Cpl Faure arrives at the house and is ushered into the house by Mrs Van Aggelen. Inside is a female Master Corporal, lots furniture and wall decor.

Mrs. Van Aggelen tells Faure. "Shinese delegate Sikander Manipuri Tianci is meeting with Nator Green tomorrow ahead of Jaran delegates in Nator State City. Someone inside our government wants war with Jara and Shinguo. They killed my husband to that end. An assassin is going to assasinate Sikander Manipuri Tianci the day after tomorrow"

"That not good!" observes Cpl Faure.

"It's not good at all. In Fact it's really bad. Fortunately we know exactly what the assassin looks like. And Your 5'9" witch is exactly as tall as my husband witch makes you the only person that can help. Your His chosen one You can go in disguised as Lt Gen Van Aggelen. And stop the assassin."

"But I'm 5'4" clearly"

The M/Cpl steps in in a feminine voice "It doesn't matter. I will give you pretend bushy grey eyebrows his uniform, ranks, with a camera and radio disguised in a suitcase. I can use that tell you who the assassin is so you can stop them. My names Kitti Vinter by the way"

"leave with M/Cpl now. They followed you here. I will find them off while you escape."

June 15th 1934 1203

Shinese delegate Sikander Manipuri Tianci is meeting with Nator Green ahead of Jaran delegates in Nator State City Faure scans the room with a suitcase speaking into a tiny radio microphone as a bushy gray eyebrows slides off his face. "who is the assassin?"

"You are." M/Cpl Vinter radeos "There is no camera in the suitcase just a bomb. Leave it in the room with the world leaders and I'll give you 7 minutes to escape. I'm only giving you a chance to escape because I think your cute so don't do anything that would force me to kill you too." Cpl Faure upon hearing this alerts Nator Green to the bombs presents. Nator Green being a man of action swiftly defuses the bomb. First exposing 3 wires, a red wire a black wire and a green wire, by opening the suitcase. He then cut them in the order red then green them black. Jaran delegates are never invited but a deal granting Nator State access to Shinese oil a modernization advisor corps from Shinguo and military equipment bound by a non-aggression pact is formed. A separate deal includes the purchase of 48 Tank guns and 24 air plains from Shinguo. The Jaran attack on the mental health unit is then blamed on assassins that never really existed.
Last edited by Nator State on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Amaurita
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby Amaurita » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:03 pm

The Engleton Times

Interstate Expressway Act Passed

Construction of Interstate 5 outside of Saint Jamesburg, Palma

12 June, 1934

The United States legislative bodies ratified the Interstate Expressway Act yesterday, 10 June 1934, which authorizes the construction of an interstate roadway network to ease transportation. As part of the Garthwaite Administration’s ambitious modernization plan, the Department of Infrastructure will set forth and establish a network of highways and rail lines to connect the major cities of the United States. The Interstate system is projected to cost roughly 7.6 billion Thallers upon completion, in exchange for 80,000 kilometers of roadway and rail lines. The U.S Department of Infrastructure has established a plan to finance this project with a 50 million Thaller payment for the 1934 fiscal year, which will account for 30% of the Department of Infrastructure’s budget for 1934, or roughly 6% of the Federal Government’s budget for 1934. Beyond 1934, the U.S Department of Infrastructure will be responsible for diverting a minimum of 30% of its budget every fiscal year into the project. The Department has also turned to outside investors in Greater Ergonia and Ausfon for additional financial support.

The Interstate Expressway System will be a network of highways and rail lines traversing the nation, in both an east-west and north-south direction. Odd numbered interstates will travel from north to south, and the number assigned will be greater as the distance from the coast increases. Even numbered interstates will traverse the nation east to west, and the number assigned will be greater as northward longitude increases. Interstate 5, for instance, will connect Redding to Martleburgh, Engleton, Saint Jamesburg, and Capeton on the coast, whereas Interstate 10 will connect Engleton to Maricopa, Lliega Benala and San Andreas in the interior, up to the Great Lakes. Interstate 20 will connect Moraga with Miedeston and Tel Arvela, and Interstate 25 will connect Tel Arvela to Hebron and Aguila.

The Interstate will be comprised of a six lane highway, with three lanes traveling in both directions. Flanking this express route will be a two lane roadway for local travel on both sides of the express lanes, with exchanges planned for every five kilometers, and exits off the local travel lanes planned for every twenty-five kilometers. In between the Interstate’s two routes (In between Interstate 5 North and Interstate 5 South, for instance), rail lines for both directions will be built, with overhead exchanges onto local rail lines being constructed every fifty kilometers. Interstate Rest Stations will be constructed every fifty kilometers, which will have facilities the Department may lease out to restaurants, fuel supply stores, and general stores to cover maintenance and expenses costs on the system, along with offices for local divisions of Highway Patrol as well as State Police units, in addition to Department of Infrastructure affiliated Offices.

The United States Department of Infrastructure remains optimistic that the Interstate System will yield positive results for the national economy, as travel and transportation will become significantly easier cross-country. For more information on available jobs, contracts, and other opportunities, contact your local D.O.I office.

Goldritter
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Goldritter » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:56 pm

June 14th, 1934
Tsanneburg Estate
Falkenhayn, Goldritter

People from all over the Kaiserreich packed into vehicles and all weekend, every few weekends, ended up at the Tsanneburg estate. Every walk of life, from every corner of the empire, this brightly-colored carnival spilled through Gustavus’ door…

Illuminated fountains line a driveway packed with limousines; crowds of glamorous people stream up the broad marble stairs. A bizarre mix of characters surge toward light at the end of this dark, vaulting, vomitorium-like passageway. BANG! Doors burst open; the dazzling spectacle of the Grand Ballroom…

Augusta’s POV, Gustavus’ Niece
This is my first time going to one of uncle’s parties, a decadent flurry of flamboyant colors and equally gaudy personalities. All sorts of people attend these rowdy celebrations, even the Kaiser has attended once or twice! Lords, counts, dukes... My brother, Philip von Himmelblau, losing remarkably more money at the roulette tables… Company CEOs… Alongside lower class nobles and local officials trying to gain higher nobles’ favor… Film stars… Bigshot reporters… And Kolumbus von Wolfsclaire, an ominous figure of the Goldritterian nobility. A cunningly devious Lord who took the small noble house of Wolfsclaire and turned it into one of the most powerful houses in Goldritter, even rivaling House Tsanneburg…

On the towering stage was an extravagant band. But the member who stood out the most was a lilith pencil-mustachioed man on the grand piano donned in clothes so colorful it was considered gaudy even by Goldritterian standards. Long black bangs slither down this maestro’s cheeks, a long quellazaire protrude out of his almost maniacal smile, gold and silver rings ornament every finger on his fluttering hands. This musical madman was playing an unhinged song of elegance and unbridled hedonism… Who was he?

“Who is this man? His skill at the piano is magnificent!” I queried.

“Hildebrant Auerswald… A dubious musician of unknown repute.” a good friend of mine, Baldwin von Fresenius answered

“How have you not heard of Auerswald? He is all the rage lately…” slurred some drunkenly obnoxious countess

“Considered a genius by some, a madman by others…” said a random noble as they exited the conversation almost as abruptly as they joined it

“Rumor is his real name is Alfons von Furstenfeld and he is the illegitimate son of Baron Balderich von Furstenfeld and a serf woman…” another random noble butted into the conversation.

“Imagine making love to a serf! Might as well fuck an ox!!!” a drunken Barnabus von Ehrenreich loudly joked as many either guffawed or looked at the drunkard with distaste.

I had personally met Baron Furstenfeld once, he was a sleazy man… I wouldn’t be surprised if these rumors were true…

“He’s good, perhaps, for a halfbreed…” a smooth voice emanated behind me. I turned around to see an arrogant nobleman with a familiar face surrounded by an entourage of nobles, big and small. He was a tall, slender, and fit man in his late thirties, with a fair-skinned saturnine face and green shifty viper-like eyes. His long curly dark blonde hair was tied into a love lock by a gold-colored ribbon. Like a seraph’s wings, the upswept ends of his handlebar moustache warn of terrible vengeance. It took me a second to realize who this nobleman was, it was Lord Kolumbus von Wolfsclaire…

“Who knew something produced by a serf could create something so close to beauty…” said Kolumbus, yet again making himself look like an arrogant prick. As the laughing died down, Wolfsclaire’s eyes fixated on me…

“You are a Tsanneburg, are you not?” he queried

“Well not exactly… I am a Himmelblau… But my family is directly tied to the Tsanneburgs by marriage, I am Lord Tsanneburg’s niece…” I answered the pompous Lord…

“Huh, must be a small house for I have never heard of a Himmelblau…But you look exactly like your uncle… I guess it’s just a coincidence that your family also has the boarish appearance of a Tsanneburg…” Wolfsclaire passive aggressively took a jab at me for no apparent reason. I uncomfortably laughed with the other nobles at my own expense…

“But to be fair m’lady, you are by far the most attractive swine I have ever seen…” jested Kolumbus as noblemen either laughed or scoffed at the idea of insulting a maiden’s honour.

“Ah yes the Tsanneburgs… I suppose you all have heard that one of the gunman who shot down Prince Romulus was a Tsanneburg…” several nobles nodded their heads as he continued “I am not saying they all are treasonous curs, but I am just throwing it out there. We should be wary of the Tsanneburgs, who knows… They might be a family of traitors…” Wolfsclaire continued to take jabs at me and my family. Several men who obviously wanted to stick up for the honor of House Tsanneburg skulked away, intimidated by Wolfsclaire’s wealth and status.

“If you dislike the Tsanneburgs why did you come to this party?” asked Franz Schneitman, the owner of the Schneitman Jewelry Company.

“Just to compare my wealth to theirs, that’s all… I am tired of everyone talking about the unbelievable wealth of these treacherous knaves, so I came to see for myself… House Wolfsclaire might be slightly less decadent than House Tsanneburg, that I can’t deny, but at least we haven’t assassinated a crown prince and betrayed the Grand Inquistor! House Wolfsclaire is still second to none…” boasted Kolumbus

“What about House Dräkma? Doesn’t Lord Arno von Dräkma hold the title of wealthiest noble in Goldritter?” queried Franz

“Dräkma? House Dräkma is a house of untrustworthy villains! Arno is loyal to the Kaiser, but not to his fellow noble… He has no problem making friends… Only to stab them in the back! He does not respect other people as people; rather they are tools or obstacles inferior to him only to be used for his own advancement!” Wolfsclaire spat

“The Tsanneburgs being traitorous? That’s rich coming from you Wolfsclaire…” Baldwin walked up to Kolombus, “If I remember correctly House Wolfsclaire is one of the many pathetic remnants of House Seidenstrücker… You know, one of the main noble families that betrayed the Kaiser and the empire during the Civil War of 1607…”

“House Wolfsclaire, pathetic? Are you daft boy? It’s one of the most powerful houses in Goldritter!” one of Wolfsclaire’s many goons exclaimed as he began to shift closer to Baldwin

“This quarrel does not involve you sir!” said Barnabus von Ehrenreich with slurred bravado as he formed a buffer between Baldwin and Wolfsclaire’s lackey.

“You are a hypocrite, Wolfsclaire… You call Dräkma a distrustful cutthroat when you yourself have stepped on and manipulated so many people to grow your once-puny house! To call you a backstabbing coward would be generous!” Baldwin called Kolumbus out again

“Who do you think your are, Lord Nobody von Nowhere? You might be a big shot noble from whatever rock you crawled out from under, but that doesn’t mean shit to me… I am too wealthy and too influential to give a single fuck about whatever you have to say…” Wolfsclaire viciously retorted

While most continued to dance and mind their own business, more and more nobles began to gather as tensions between the two men skyrocketed. Where was my uncle when you needed him?

“If you don’t care about what I have to say, then why do you seem so flustered? I will not stand by while you insult m’lady’s and House Tsanneburg’s honor!” Baldwin challenged Kolumbus head on

“If you are so eager to defend their honor, then do so on the field of honor!” said Wolfsclaire with an ominous flair. Almost every noble listening to the conversation gasped

“W-what?!?” Baldwin gasped taken aback

“Are you deaf or just a coward? A duel you fool, a duel of epic proportions!” Wolfsclaire cried

While dueling to the death is illegal, first blood duels aren’t… A common knife fight is still a knife fight, for it does not meet the requirements for a legal Goldritterian duel. A duel requires at least two reputable unbiased local officials to be present at the duel. The two duelist must be examined to be in good health and of sound mind before being allowed to duel… Medical officials must be present at the scene of the duel. The duel must end as soon as one man is wounded, even if the wound is minor, if the men continue they will be persecuted by the law.

“I accept!” yelled Baldwin as he put up his fists

“What are we savage peasants? We will duel like the great Saint Rheingold himself! With swords!”

All the nobles began to chatter, the word of this duel spread like wildfire through the Tsanneburg estate.

Barnabus leaned over to me and whispered “Does Fresenius know his way around a rapier? I’ve saw a lot of duels, and fuck, there's a lot of blood.”

“I have no clue…”

“Well on the bright side, it is a big deal for men from the upper society to have a scar… Well damn, if you have a scar on your face, it's a sure thing to get a girl.” Barnabus optimistically slurred, reminding me he was drunk

Sadly, this wasn’t just some drunken ramblings… Dueling scars are a sign of honor and manhood in Goldritter despite being a forever reminder that you were worse than the one you dueled with…

The two nobles were outfitted with protective eyepieces, a leather chest guard, and a thick scarf to protect their throats. Me, my brother, Uncle Gustavus and the rest of House Tsanneburg present at the party, four law officials, a medical team of six people and a few of Baldwin’s and Wolfsclaire’s closest friends were allowed to observe the duel. Both men were given ornate rapiers, no doubt from uncle’s mantle… Both rapiers were identical in appearance and size with both having the same ornate Pappenheim style hilt of the early 1600’s

One of the four officials walked forward, “You are here on a matter of honor. I am here to see that you settle it honorably. There will be no back-stabbing, you will not throw your blades, nor will you use weapons other than those agreed… Am I understood?” he instructed. They both nodded as they walked back to their positions

”BEGIN!”

As the two engage in the intense duel, it’s clear that Wolfsclaire has the advantage. Baldwin is larger and stronger than Wolfsclaire but he’s thoroughly outmatched by the nobleman’s speed and endurance. Baldwin holds his own valiantly against Wolfsclaire and even frustrates his advances at several points, though Wolfsclaire has been using his fist and his legs to hit Baldwin in between sword thrusts. Wolfsclaire begins to corner Baldwin with a series of quick thrusts before Baldwin uses a mighty kick to send Wolfsclaire backwards. Wolfsclaire regains his balance and again dishes out a flurry of quick thrusts, Baldwin does his best to barely block all the thrusts of this assault. Baldwin is not just tired but has grown sloppy, dragging his rapier across the ground in-between clashes. Baldwin rushes Wolfsclaire trying to deliver a powerful thrust, but Wolfsclaire quickly halts this attack by hitting him on the head with the flat side of his blade. Dazed and open, Wolfsclaire went for a thrust aimed for Baldwin’s leg but by sheer luck, Baldwin broke out of this daze and parried Wolfsclaire’s thrust. Then he delivered a mighty stab to Wolfsclaire’s shoulder, winning the duel…

Wolfsclaire cried out in pain and dropped to the floor. Wolfsclaire’s handsomeness was lost, as he looked weak-chinned and foolish in the midst of his pain and defeat… The medical hands rushed to the wailing man’s aid as Baldwin’s acquaintances pulled him out of the way. The arrogant prick got what he deserved…

“Y-you fought well Wolfsclaire, if that was a duel to the death, you probably would have killed me… That being said, you are still nothing more than a rabid cur…” panted Baldwin

Kaiserlike
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaiserlike » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:14 pm

June 21st 1934 16:13
Imperial Diet
Alten-Lindenstadt

"Are you really sure we should vote for this?" asked a politician leaning down from the bench behind.
"Yes, the enemy of our enemy is our friends," replied Anton Drexler as he turned to face the man.
"I'm not a fan of making friends with the devil," replied the politician leaning back, "the amendment better pass."

"ORDER," boomed President Hindenburg from the top of the dais.

The chattering quietened, and the collection of politicians all turned to the President. "Our last piece of legislation we shall cover today is U.H. 1100, the Refugee Passage Act," said the President slowly squinting through his glasses to read the paper, "supported by the Communist Party we shall now commence debate. Chairman Scharff if you may."

Bernard Scharff stood up and approached the front of the dais. The politician presented his reasons for the bill and the need for the Holy Caesii Empire to be on the moral high ground. Afterwards the governing bloc sent a young politician to argue against the bill and state his reasons for opposition and the need for the HCE to protect it's honor. Afterwards the President selected questions from the members of the Imperial diets and each side questioned the other in an attempt to find flaws in their reasons. There were even a few questions from the Oberes Haus, mainly from the eldest among them.

Hindenburg slammed the gavel down, "Debate is now adjourned, we shall now vote on amendments. There was only one amendment admitted from the Imperial Church Party. The amendment requires that all refugees permitted from this act sign up for reserve status in the Imperial Army. Yay or Nay?"
"YAY!" the diet shouted.
"the yays have it," Hindenburg replied, "At vote is bill U.H. 1100 the Refugee Passage Act with Amendment 1A"
"NYAY"
"Division! Attention! Roll call Adalwin Dorfmann from Hesse how do the Sonchen People's Party vote?"
"Yay!"
"Objection!" 5 members shouted, "we vote nay!"
"Attention Roll Call! Lars Stadtbäumer from Lahnberg how do the Sonchen Democratic Party vote?"
"Yay!"
"Attention! Roll Call! Joshua Visscher from Saxony how do the Free Conservative Party vote?"
"Nay!"
"Bernard Scharff from Hesse how do the Communist Party of Sonchenland vote?"
"Yay"
"Marius Quattlebaum from Hohenberg how do the Social Democrats vote?"
"Yay!"
"Eckhart Kornberg from Sudetenland how do the Orthodox Centre Party vote?"
"Yay!"
"Berend Grossman from Austria how do the Sonchen National People's Party vote?"
"Nay!"
"Anton Drexler from Bavaria how do the Imperial Church Party vote?"
"Yay!"
The Socialist bloc cheered and the Free conservative party booed, "calm down children," Hindenburg said before cough into his arm, "the Yays have it adjourned."

Cotour
Attaché

Founded: Sep 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Cotour » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:33 pm

June 23th, 1934 - Saturday evening. The National Peoples’ Council held a tense meeting with a guest speaker, Hua Guofeng. Everyone knew the topic at hand. Protestors were chanting outside the capitol building, demanding a stop to cooperation with Shinguo and its puppet Tianguo. People had been in the streets since the very first meeting. The sonacist party had been shunned and verbally attacked. All agreed that something must be done, but many were divided on the solution.

“According to the laws of our nation, we have no choice but to confirm this by referendum.” announced Hua, “I have provided all necessary signatures and many more. There is no doubt that this is the will of the people.” Murmurs spread through the council as Hua continued on the threats that a powerful foreign nation like Shinguo could pose to Yunna. Many glances were cast at the sonacist party as they attempted to defend Shinguo and its puppets.

The GND, the largest party, was divided on the issue. Many representatives wished to support the democrats, yet were worried about the survival of the NPF. The bolsheviks were in complete opposition to that form of thought. They believed that no matter how hard the struggle, core beliefs should always be held true. Many advocated for immediately abandoning Shinguo and joining the democrats in the struggle against the sonacists. Most village elders wanted to simply settle down and reduce conflict. They did not care for unification nor ideological wars, and even the more radical members did not wish to escalate to war.

The democrats and sonacists had been at odds since the council had been established, throwing insults and curses at each other. They, of course, supported their own side, never backing down. This posed a problem for the council, as many debates ended on this division line, with the rest taking sides. Many times it seemed physical fights would break out.

The recent protests had not helped. Protesters and counter protesters recently clashed leaving multiple injuries. The police had been struggling to separate the protesters as the numbers continued growing, leading to physical altercations. The radical and violent ones were a vocal minority that often encouraged people to take to the streets.

People had many reasons to protest aside from ideological convictions. Many feared of foreign domination and becoming a puppet of Shinguo. Others feared the return of monarchy to Yunna. Despite that, the large majority were neutral, seeing the benefits on both sides. They valued the independence of the NPF, and saw Shinguo as the best chance of ensuring it, yet still had many worries about it.
"A revolution is not a dinner party, or writing an essay, or painting a picture, or doing embroidery. It cannot be so refined, so leisurely and gentle, so temperate, kind, courteous, restrained and magnanimous. A revolution is an insurrection, an act of violence by which one class overthrows another." ~ Mao Zedong

Terra Frima
Spokesperson

Postby Terra Frima » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:08 pm

4-25-2019

It was early summer morning as the special committee convened. The heat made the room oppressive, and the hushed whispers from the journalists and spectators just began to die down as the committee was brought to order.
“Alright, let’s get this committee into order, it has been largely the view of most of the Navy High Command that airpower and by that extension Carriers will play a secondary role to Battleships.”
DeWitt paused looking at the 4 men sitting in front of him looking for a response, once a reply, or lack thereof, was given he continued on.
“Many of the wargames that the war college has shown that Carriers do show promise within the navy. Yet, the issue is contentious. I will now hear your opening arguments. Opposed, you may begin.”
It was at this point that the bushy-bearded Vice-Admiral Collinger stood up. “Thank you. Gentlemen, I will be brief with you all, this is not a matter of revolutionizing warfare. It is a matter of money. We already have two carriers, the Lexington and Saratoga, and they perform fine for their current task. Reconnaissance. Not to mention, our battleships are being refitted with airplane catapults for reconnaissance seaplanes as we sit here and speak. Sirs, this is a matter of national security, our old dreadnoughts must be refit for the obvious shift in tactical doctrine away from close in battles to long-range artillery duels. The funds required to do this are being wasted on a concept carrier, that should be scrapped. This is a folly, we already know airplanes can sink battleships, in perfect conditions! No, air-dropped torpedoes and bombs are foolish, and a waste of money and time that could better suit a naval refit for any modern engagement.”
Collinger then took a seat with his point made.
Doolittle then took a stand “I’m glad of some of the points Collinger made, he knows the power of the carrier but underestimates its true power, it can be so much more than a reconnaissance tool in the way of naval warfare. The war college has proved this idea over and over again, that carriers are the new tool in naval warfare, and that they are the will be very important. Imagine the ability to hit an enemy fleet without putting our ships in danger, imagine the ability to sink ship within less time then battleships firing away at each other.”
Admiral Collinger shot back, “So, What you would have us throw our industry behind the untested idea of carriers? And just let our battleships fall to the wayside? Surely, you acknowledge the power they still can have, even if your theory of carriers being the new thing is true.”
“Of course I’m not saying to drop Battleships in full but to only operate with the carriers that we have and are planning to build is a vast misplacement of resources for ships.” Doolittle then shot back his voice rising.
It was at this point DeWitt could see where this was going and raised his hand interjecting. “If you two can’t come to some form of an agreement about this, about carriers. Then how about something that is more practical, if a live exercise were to happen, of which you would both be able to prove your ideas of where the navy should go, then we will put together a wargame, and the outcome of that will decide the direction of our navy for the future.”

Amaurita
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby Amaurita » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:34 am

The Engleton Times

Munitions Purchase from Amerce Ratified

The Doncaster Munitions Plant in Henningsdale, Altacado

23 June, 1934

The United States Senate ratified a recent armaments purchase treaty from Amerce this month, marking the largest purchase of armements from a foreign nation in this decade, and arguably the century. The United States Army spent 150,000 Thallers purchasing small arms and support weapons from Amerce as part of the U.S Army’s modernization program, which includes the armements themselves and royalties to modernize and mass produce them for future use. The War Department’s 345 million thaller budget for the 1934 fiscal year, which is 25% of the 1,380 million Thaller federal budget overall. This expenditure has been concentrated in retraining and re equipping a modernized military, so the 400,000 soldiers of the United States Army can be properly prepared to defend the Union.

The United States purchased 100 of each unit: the M1917 rifle, the M1917 bayonet, the M1911 sidearm, the MK2 grenade, the M116 field artillery unit, the M1 mortar, the Winchester 1866 repeating rifle, the Browning Automatic Rifle, the Browning Auto 5 shotgun, and the 1919 Browning. The armaments where subsequently handed over to the Doncaster Munitions Company in Henningsdale, Altacado. Doncaster affirmed that they will develop modernized versions of the purchased armaments and prepare for mass production as soon as the fall of 1936, with the reward of being granted rights to produce munitions for the U.S Army, and sell manufacturer’s rights to other firms for any developments.

Page 3: Interstate Expressway between Engleton and Saint Jamesburg: 1st kilometer completed.

Page 5: Garthwaite Administration to begin negotiations to open trade with the Entente

Page 11: Morgan Petroleum Co. to expand oil drilling operations in Altacado, Arisona, Coronado to cope with increasing demand

Amaurita
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby Amaurita » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:47 am

The United States Budget, Fiscal Year 1934

The Following is the planned budget for the 1934 Fiscal Year in the United States, as published by the United States Parliament on 25 June, 1934.

• Total Revenues: 1,393,000,000 Thallers [27.36% of the GDP]
  • Total Projected Spending: 1,409,500,000 Thallers [27.68% of the GDP]
  • Total Surplus/Deficit: 16,500,000 Thallers [3.24% of GDP, 1.184% of Revenues]

The National Budget (Fiscal Year 1934)

The Department of Education

Secretary: Harrison Ingham

ProgramShare of Department BudgetTotalSummary
The F.U.S.A System49.02%50,000 thousand ThallersFunding directed to the Federal University System of Amaurita.
State and Local Grants35.29%36,000 thousand ThallersGrants to assist local and state education programs.
Misc.15.68%16,000 thousand ThallersCovers education programs not explicitly stated in the Department Budget
Total:7.23% of Fed. Budget102,000 thousand Thallers

The Department of Science and Technology

Secretary: Thomas Waxbury

General R&D Programs40%50,000 thousand ThallersPrograms and Grants for research and development programs not explicitly mentioned in the Department Budget.
Misc.60%80,000 thousand ThallersFunding for programs not explicitly mentioned in the department budge
Total:9.22% of Fed. Budget130,000 thousand Thallers

The Department of War

Secretary: Gen. Andrew J. Murray

The Army13.8%14,076 thousand ThallersThe Budget for the United States Army.
The Navy13.8%14,076 thousand ThallersThe Budget for the United States Navy.
The Air Force13.8%14,076 thousand ThallersThe Budget for the United States Air Force.
The Marine Corps5.17%5,273 thousand ThallersThe Budget for the United States Marine Corps.
Defense Wide Spending22%22,440 thousand ThallersProvides for maintenance of facilities, salaries, equipment; and provides for miscellaneous components of the War Department Budget.
Total:7.23% of Fed. Budget102,000 thousand Thallers

The Department of Infrastructure

Secretary: Walter O’Higgins

Infrastructure Maintenance50%150,000 thousand ThallersUtilized for the maintenance of currently existing infrastructure in the United States
Interstate Expressway System30%100,000 thousand ThallersFunding allocated for the development of the U.S Interstate System
Urban Development10%30,000 thousand ThallersUtilized in auxiliary projects in urban centers.
Rural Development10%30,000 thousand ThallersUtilized in auxiliary projects in urban regions.
Total:21.28% of Fed. Budget300,000 thousand Thallers

Administration

Vice-President: Isaac Edelstien

Salaries50%32,500 thousand ThallersCovers the salaries of all federal officials and employees.
Guaranteed Savings15%9,750 thousand ThallersSavings that cannot be withdrawn from the Federal Reserve for a minimum of 6 months.
Reserved Savings10%6,500 thousand ThallersSavings that will be deposited in the Federal Reserve at the conclusion of the 1934 financial year, if not spent.
Misc. Spending25%16,250 thousand ThallersProvides funding for agencies and departments excluded from the budget.
Total:4.6% of Fed. Budget65,000 thousand Thallers

The Department of Health and Human Services

Secretary: Maria Caparossi

Unemployment Benefits20%65,000 ThallersProvides assistance to unemployed persons through a 50 Thaller grant for the 1934 fiscal year.
Living Assistance Programs15.38%50,000 thousand ThallersProvides financial assistance to individuals who are incapable of working and do not qualify to access a Social Security account.
The Family Stimulus Program24.6%80,000 thousand ThallersProvides newly married couples with a 400 Thaller grant in finances to ease the financial burden of starting a family.
The Childcare Stimulus Program24.6%80,000 thousand ThallersProvides the mother of a newly born child with a grant of 50 Thallers.
Veteran’s Care15.38%50,000 thousand ThallersProvides financial assistance to veterans for medical expenditures.
Total:23% of Fed. Budget325,000 thousand Thallers

The Department of State

Secretary: John Kearns

Foreign Aid30%15,000 thousand ThallersUtilized to provide assistance to allies of the United States.
Overseas Diplomatic Missions30%15,000 thousand ThallersProvides finances to maintain diplomatic missions abroad.
The Foreign Development Program10%5,000 thousand ThallersProvides vocational training for workers in developing nations.
The Organization Assistance Program10%5,000 thousand ThallersProvides financial assistance to international organizations that the United States claims membership to.
Misc.20%10,000 thousand Thallers.Covers miscellaneous foreign aid and development programs.
Total:3.54% of Fed. Budget50 thousand Thallers

The Department of Environment and Agriculture

Secretary: William Langbroke

Agricultural Programs25%28 thousand ThallersProvides finances to serve agricultural programs in the United States.
National Park Service33%36,960 thousand ThallersUtilized for the maintenance of the National Park System.
Environmental Protections Programs42%47,040 thousand ThallersFinances used by the Department to enforce protections and regulations.
Total:7.95% of Fed. Budget112,000 thousand Thallers

The Department of Justice

Secretary: Attorney Gen. Jefferson Worthingham

Federal Law Enforcement40%32,500 thousand ThallersFinances earmarked for Federal Law Enforcement.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement10%8,125 thousand ThallersFunding provided for immigration and border police units.
Federal Courts10%8,125 thousand ThallersFunding used to run federal district courts and appellate courts.
Federal Security Service20%16,250 thousand billion ThallersFunding for the Federal Security Service [F.S.S]
Department of Homeland Security20%16,250 thousand ThallersFunding for the Department of Homeland Security
Total:5.76% of Fed. Budget81,250 thousand Thallers

The Department of Commerce

Secretary: Leigh Molloy

Patent Office23.75%1,543 thousand ThallersFunds for processing and approving patents for new inventions.
Agency for Industry20%1,300 thousand ThallersOversees the growth and management of industrial capacity of the United States.
Agency of Agriculture20%1,300 thousand ThallersOversees the growth and management of the agricultural capacity of the United States.
Agency for Domestic Affairs18.125%1,178 thousand ThallersOversees domestic economic affairs.
Agency for International Affairs18.125%1,178 thousand ThallersOversees international economic affairs concerning the United States.
Total:0.46% of Fed. Budget6,500 thousand Thallers

The Department of Labor

Secretary: David Jones

Agency of Union’s Affairs37.5%2,437 thousand ThallersOversees relations between unions and management.
Misc.62.5%4,062 thousand ThallersProvides funding for the enforcement of regulations.

The Department of the Treasury

Secretary: Michelangelo DePalma

The Federal Reserve18.75%1,218 thousand ThallersRegulates and manages the finances of the United States.
The Internal Revenue Agency18.75%1,218 thousand ThallersManages tax collection on behalf of the federal government.
The Banking Insurance Agency43.75%2,843 thousand ThallersProvices insurance for assets stored in banks up to 250,000 Thallers per account.
Misc.18.75%1,218 thousand ThallersProvides miscellaneous financial services for the federal government.
Last edited by Amaurita on Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mes
Envoy

Founded: Jul 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Tiangdu's increasing influence on NPF

Postby Mes » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:42 pm

26 June 1934

There is an increase of indoctrination coming out of Sonacist lines instead of Communist influences. There are also many Sonacist agents that were sent in disguise in the central government to convince NPF leaders to ideologically change. There has been a series of bribes to top officials. There has also been blackmailing of evidence of criminal behaviors to top officials that agents have been secretly getting. Using such evidence agents forced military and political leaders in the local areas to discuss, collaborate and try to dig up information on the national level. So far there has been substantial fabricated evidence that has been dug up against the top leadership and agents are waiting for an opportunity to sabotage the national government in favor of a rising Sonacist sentiment from coercion and bribes. There are debates being arranged and there is a lot of discussion and dialogues on Sonacism. The peasantry, middle class, and the business are also being indoctrinated to welcome these ideological changes. Speeches have been held by agents, hoping to convince rural voters, and posters have been put up in the countryside advocating for sonacism. Some meetings have been hosted by agents, welcoming village elders, in hopes of convincing them. While these efforts are costly, they will help unite Yunna, and bring final peace under sonacism.

In the backdrop of these events, Sonacist leaders and NPF Communist leaders have agreed to unite the two governments and engage in negotiations collectively in order to obtain more political clout and obtain their chances of victory. At the same time, the government is committing to unite Yunna.

A Communist image was posted in Nanjing urging the citizens to be careful about unspecified foreign interference before it was quickly taken down by the authorities.
Last edited by Mes on Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Amaurita
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

06/27/34

Postby Amaurita » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:33 am

Plainview, Altacado, U.S

1900 Hours - Van Horn Station

The train crawled to a halt, smoke billowing out of the pistons of the locomotive. As the train ground to a halt, 2nd Company stood firm in formation, standing firm against the tidal waves of cargo and passengers. 2nd Company would serve as the escort unit from Plainview, Altacado, to Engleton, Palma; which would be a painful 24 hour ride, and accompany the train back to Plainview, where 3rd Company would take the final leg of the journey back to Henningsdale. Local mail was unloaded, and outbound parcels loaded and locked into the mail and assets cars by the workers from the in-station postal office.

The monstrous train sprawled across the tracks, having to inch up to allow passengers to board their cars without leaving the platform. The locomotive sat at the head, like a wolf at the head of its pack. Following close behind came the two tenders, a mail car, an assets car, three luggage and cargo cars, and a dozen passenger cars for the 2nd and other passengers. At the very end trailed a caboose utilized for miscellaneous storage. The train was carrying federal mail and assets from Henningsdale, the state capital in Altacado, to Engleton, and would return to Henningsdale with military payroll, and would deliver local mail along the way. These kinds of trips had come all to often, as rail was the only efficient way to transport anything. At least until the Interstate System finally links the shrublands and highlands of Altacado to the coasts. Even then, no one would drive up to the highlands in the south.

2300 Hours - Valentine, Frontera County, Altacado

The overhead lamp rocked back and forth as the train steamed forward, casting a swaying light over the interior of the rear car of the train. Trooper Willis grasped his carbine, the cold metal pressing against his hand. He had been assigned the night shift, so while the other guards slept or had posts in the mail or assets cars, Willis was stuck in the very rear. At least the view from the rear platform made up for the isolation.

Willis fumbled through the rear car onto the platform, and observed endless railroad tracks disappearing into the blackness of the night. The surrounding shrublands buzzed with activity, from the prowling mountain lions to the pronghorns prancing through the night.The train had passed through Twin Stack Pass, with the two buttes flanking the tracks standing dominantly under the moonlight. He knew this area quite well. Just moments later, the train roared past Valentine, a bustling livestock town with several large cattle ranches in the surrounding area. A mere fifteen minutes later, the train roared past Compson, a booming oil town. The derricks churned, even this late into the evening, unearthing the liquid gold beneath the shrubs and dirt. Willis had grown up on a cattle ranch just south on the road between Compson and Valentine, before joining the Army and being transferred into the Army Corps in Arisona.

Gunshots rang out from the night. Presumably, hunters catching pronghorns late into the night, or local ranchers finally putting an end to the rampage of a local mountain lion. A caravan of heavy wagons waited under the moonlight, finally crossing the tracks as the train roared past, the clacking of hooves and wheels on the steel tracks echoing through the night. As Compson melted into the blackness of the night, the lights of the houses and factories faded away. Now, the train was passing through deserted country. Peaceful country. Country undisturbed by cattle ranching or oil drilling, as far as up to the state line. This was the heartlands, the core of the Amauritan way.

0500 Hours - Gila, Colorado County, Mesilla

The clanging of the bells rocked the guard awake, as the dawn broke over the mountains. The train had crossed the several state lines at this point in the journey, crossing from Altacado into Arisona, Arisona into Mesilla. And soon enough, Mesilla into Palma, where their destination awaited them on the coast. The sun broke over the Redencion Mountains to the north, flooding the valleys and deserts with a brilliant light. The oil towns near Lake Lliega Benala hummed to life, the mines pumped precious materials from deep within the earth. Industrialization had transformed the untamed wilderness into a gold mine, figuratively and literally. And no one would have it any other way. Save, of course, for the rancher and cowboy.
Last edited by Amaurita on Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse