NATION

PASSWORD

Gods of Atherius:The Dawn Age [OOC|God|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Would you prefer for the next iteration to be a....

demigod roleplay
42%
god roleplay (Same as the previous iterations)
58%

Total votes : 12

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:36 am

Ralnis wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:
Cool, but just a heads up Kona didn't reveal his true form, just something close to it. The true form of a god would kill a mortal like in greek mythology.

Then how did the Dwarves know that Mur was in his beast form? He was going down in his human form in my post.

Apologies I'll edit that .

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:37 am

The Archipelago Territory wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:
Cool, but just a heads up Kona didn't reveal his true form, just something close to it. The true form of a god would kill a mortal like in greek mythology.

I know, i read the post, I just said that because it’s simpler and shorter

Well something,something don't write things that aren't true...

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:40 am

Endem wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:
No npc gods would be made by me.

but, there needs to be a way to create more Gods, even if I won't be able to play as them

You can attempt to create gods, then I roll some dice to see if it succeeded or not.

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:41 am

Novas Arcanum wrote:
The Archipelago Territory wrote:I know, i read the post, I just said that because it’s simpler and shorter

I’ll change that.

Also, can we Knight human characters as gods?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:42 am

Novas Arcanum wrote:
The Archipelago Territory wrote:I know, i read the post, I just said that because it’s simpler and shorter

I’ll change that.

Also, can we Knight human characters as gods? Not “Gods” but immortals
YANG GANG 2020

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:43 am

Yes.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:04 am

Deity Name: Pharnos

Atherian or Minor?: Atherian

If Atherian what postion?: Twelfth

Domain: Ruler of the Underworld

Appearance:
Preferred Human Form
Real form (basically the bird without the bird's head)

Biography:
Pharnos was a child of Terratus, born when the Titans was still in power over the known world. He came into being through Terratus' love affair with one of the cosmic ancient beasts, the entity known as Primogorgon. The entity itself manifested as a seven-headed snake with the head of a woman, created through an accident of the Primordials. Terratus has fallen in love with the entity, but nine times he tried the relationship, nine times it failed. Struck with grief and heartbroken, Terratus decided that if he could not bring forth a god, he would erase the traces of his incompetence as deity supreme. Terratus finally struck the Primogorgon's seven heads with a fire taken from the Maelstrom's deep abyss. It is said that when the Primogorgon's seven heads touched cosmos' edge, the blood that came bleeding from it clusters into a single being, a single large drop of divine energy; having the essence of both a Titan and a cosmic beast. And thus Pharnos was born.

At first, he took upon the role of a dweller god. Pharnos materialized himself in the form of a fiery, glowing molten rock; he explored the depths and abysses of the Maelstrom, every one of its deep realms and secrets. Eventually, he became very familiar with the realm that he built his own place of dwelling there, a place to rule and subjects he could have. Living for eons in the Maelstrom did have its toll on him, though. Pharnos, now called the Crimson God, commanded an army of beasts and knights; yet word of the Titanomachy reached him the last. At first, he was more curious than furious towards this new conflict. He was one of the Underworld's rulers, of course, but unlike many of those kind, he preferred to stay calm and collected instead of unleasing divine fury towards all kinds of creatures. Over time, as he saw that the gods' armies began to equal the Titans, Pharnos saw a chance for the ascendant gods to win. He sent forth his army of Underworld creatures alongside the forces of Kona; together, the gods' armies struck the Titans to their demise. The Titans, including Terratus of which Pharnos was born, was chained and sent to the abyss of Maelstrom.

They at first threw a dice over where would be whose dominion. To his surprise, however, Pharnos would be appointed the rule as Master of the Flames, instead of retaining his role as custodian in the Maelstrom. He spent eons modelling and molding up creatures and beasts to guard his fiery dominion. Yet as the Fates has it, rules of the universe had changed once again. With the Phoenix Break occuring his position in the cosmos reverted to normal, even more enhanced than before. Instead of a mere ruler of a realm, Pharnos is now the undisputed Ruler of the Underworld - though "Caretaker" was the word he preferred.

Personality: Lord Pharnos the Crimson, Ruler of the Underworld, Master of the Maelstrom, Custodian of Souls, was a complicated and mysterious being. Even he was not sure what his true intentions or his loyalty are. He was ageless - in the sense that no-one could count the exact time he came into being. He was genderless in essential, taking forms as the god see fit. Although, he preferred the form of a wise man on his middle ages the most common. He was quick to grant virtues to humans, though a hint of trap could be hidden within it. He was just, yet relied on his own thoughts and judgements while on court. Because of this, he had a particularly large cult of worshippers, although this primarily seek to please and shower him with praise to gain the better parts when humans perish.
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:05 am

Sarderia wrote:
Deity Name: Pharnos

If Atherian what postion?: Twelfth

Domain: Ruler of the Underworld

Appearance:
Preferred Human Form
Real form (basically the bird without the bird's head)

Biography:
Pharnos was a child of Terratus, born when the Titans was still in power over the known world. He came into being through Terratus' love affair with one of the cosmic ancient beasts, the entity known as Primogorgon. The entity itself manifested as a seven-headed snake with the head of a woman, created through an accident of the Primordials. Terratus has fallen in love with the entity, but nine times he tried the relationship, nine times it failed. Struck with grief and heartbroken, Terratus decided that if he could not bring forth a god, he would erase the traces of his incompetence as deity supreme. Terratus finally struck the Primogorgon's seven heads with a fire taken from the Maelstrom's deep abyss. It is said that when the Primogorgon's seven heads touched cosmos' edge, the blood that came bleeding from it clusters into a single being, a single large drop of divine energy; having the essence of both a Titan and a cosmic beast. And thus Pharnos was born.

At first, he took upon the role of a dweller god. Pharnos materialized himself in the form of a fiery, glowing molten rock; he explored the depths and abysses of the Maelstrom, every one of its deep realms and secrets. Eventually, he became very familiar with the realm that he built his own place of dwelling there, a place to rule and subjects he could have. Living for eons in the Maelstrom did have its toll on him, though. Pharnos, now called the Crimson God, commanded an army of beasts and knights; yet word of the Titanomachy reached him the last. At first, he was more curious than furious towards this new conflict. He was one of the Underworld's rulers, of course, but unlike many of those kind, he preferred to stay calm and collected instead of unleasing divine fury towards all kinds of creatures. Over time, as he saw that the gods' armies began to equal the Titans, Pharnos saw a chance for the ascendant gods to win. He sent forth his army of Underworld creatures alongside the forces of Kona; together, the gods' armies struck the Titans to their demise. The Titans, including Terratus of which Pharnos was born, was chained and sent to the abyss of Maelstrom.

They at first threw a dice over where would be whose dominion. To his surprise, however, Pharnos would be appointed the rule as Master of the Flames, instead of retaining his role as custodian in the Maelstrom. He spent eons modelling and molding up creatures and beasts to guard his fiery dominion. Yet as the Fates has it, rules of the universe had changed once again. With the Phoenix Break occuring his position in the cosmos reverted to normal, even more enhanced than before. Instead of a mere ruler of a realm, Pharnos is now the undisputed Ruler of the Underworld - though "Caretaker" was the word he preferred.

Personality: Lord Pharnos the Crimson, Ruler of the Underworld, Master of the Maelstrom, Custodian of Souls, was a complicated and mysterious being. Even he was not sure what his true intentions or his loyalty are. He was ageless - in the sense that no-one could count the exact time he came into being. He was genderless in essential, taking forms as the god see fit. Although, he preferred the form of a wise man on his middle ages the most common. He was quick to grant virtues to humans, though a hint of trap could be hidden within it. He was just, yet relied on his own thoughts and judgements while on court. Because of this, he had a particularly large cult of worshippers, although this primarily seek to please and shower him with praise to gain the better parts when humans perish.

My character just opened a portal to the underworld. He’ll probably meet yours. Also can you create a race?
YANG GANG 2020

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:11 am

We'll have to wait till Novas approve. Its already 1am in where I am so I'll respond tomorrow. Also, what race would you want?

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:14 am

Sarderia wrote:We'll have to wait till Novas approve. Its already 1am in where I am so I'll respond tomorrow. Also, what race would you want?

I was gonna ask the god of the underworld to use underworld souls that were dead create a shape shifting race similar to my character as followers
YANG GANG 2020

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:29 am

Enter Arjila.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Sinyal
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sinyal » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:48 am

Deity Name: Averios

If Atherian what postion?: 8

Domain: Fire and Knowledge

Appearance: In his normal form, he has a head of brown hair, and white skin. He is very muscular and all he wears is a loincloth to cover his privates. In his battle form, he is very different.

Biography: Averios is the son of Dagath and Alterra. He was originally very loyal to his father and mother, always helping them and training with them. Once he learned that the Titans were going to betray him and his god brethren, he joined up with Kona and the others. He would always plague the Titans by setting their supply posts and workshops aflame.

During the final battle, he saw his father, Dagath, and was filled with rage. He stormed at his father, planning to destroy in one big blow. He ran at him and produced the biggest fireball ever seen in Atheria. It was 50 times Dagath's size completely engulfing him. Still filled with rage, he went after his mother, planning to torture and kill her. That's when he found she had never truly betrayed the gods, and he bid her farewell as she ascended into the cosmos.

Now Averios is leading a great life in Atheria. He is great friends with Kona, and he wanders around helping mortals and gaining followers. He hopes the gods and goddesses of Atheria can all live together in peace, and defend Atheria no matter what.

Personality:Averios is always humble and kind. He loves gaining followers and helping mortals.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:49 am

I’ll be position 9
YANG GANG 2020

Sinyal
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinyal » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:49 am

I really hope my app is okay, I really want to join.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:51 am

Looks good
YANG GANG 2020

Sinyal
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinyal » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:57 am

Come on Novas....I wanna get in on this epic RP

Romae in Perpetuum
Envoy

Founded: Mar 14, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Romae in Perpetuum » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:09 pm

Glad to see there won't be a god fight without me! The Lord of destruction would hate to be left out!
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:15 pm

You ripped off souls from the underworld. That wouldn't gone unnoticed.

Duestchstien
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Duestchstien » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:15 pm

If it’s possible I’d like my deity to be Aetherian, but at the same time if my backstory makes it impossible or another more important domain needs to take my place then I’d be fine giving it up. Also everyone seems to be posting a war form so I’ll judt drop this. https://images.app.goo.gl/7H2ixFkirNhJY93B8
Last edited by Duestchstien on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Info
Chancellor - Alexei Matrovitch
Vice Chancellor - Dmitri Zdunowo
Capital - Moscow
Population - 404.2 Million
Currency - Roys Ruble (₽)
Active RPs
2024: Age of Superpowers - Nigeria

Sinyal
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Sinyal » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:20 pm

Woohoo! My app got accepted by telegram!

Romae in Perpetuum
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Romae in Perpetuum » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:21 pm

Sarderia wrote:You ripped off souls from the underworld. That wouldn't gone unnoticed.

Feel free to challenge the Warmaster for them! He'll happily fight anyone for practically any reason...

Edit:

Plus he will continue claiming the souls of fallen warriors as his, to feast and fight with in his Corpse Hall, or to punish brutally for cowardice!
Last edited by Romae in Perpetuum on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:24 pm

Romae in Perpetuum wrote:
Sarderia wrote:You ripped off souls from the underworld. That wouldn't gone unnoticed.

Feel free to challenge the Warmaster for them! He'll happily fight anyone for practically any reason...

Edit:

Plus he will continue claiming the souls of fallen warriors as his, to feast and fight with in his Corpse Hall, or to punish brutally for cowardice!

Oh, no further. But can we wait for my app to get responded at least? I've reserved the spot.

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:25 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:
Endem wrote:but, there needs to be a way to create more Gods, even if I won't be able to play as them

You can attempt to create gods, then I roll some dice to see if it succeeded or not.

i need u :unsure:

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:26 pm

Your app is good but the Maelstrom is as far removed from the Underworld as the Underworld is from Terra so you wouldnt be in control of it.

Otherwise accepted.

Romae in Perpetuum
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Romae in Perpetuum » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:27 pm

Sarderia wrote:
Romae in Perpetuum wrote:

Edit:

Oh, no further. But can we wait for my app to get responded at least? I've reserved the spot.

Np I don't plan to do it actively, but in my post he did declare that ALL fallen warriors were now his, he expects a steady stream!

But feel free to either appear or challenge him, preferably when i'm done dealing with the mortals i'm currently messing with though.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse