NATION

PASSWORD

Beyond the Veil: A GATE Inspired RP (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Amarian Union
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 24, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Amarian Union » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:41 pm

*Raven would turn herself to see the Warden speak down to the little girl that had approached him. A scowl would grow on her face, fading after a few seconds as she would tighten her hold on her M4 Carbine. She would know what that was; a sharp warning to the peasant girl. Though she would not understand a word, the tone, the sharpness, the way he had spoken to her; it would be the one who exercises some form of power would speak. It would definitely not sit well for Raven, definitely being someone who sides with people like the peasants in some circumstances. She would slowly walk over, keeping her distance from them all the while looking st the girl then at the Warden, her gaze affixing to the Warden himself.

“If only I could speak your language...” Raven would think to herself, only carefully observing him and the little girl. “I would put you in your place, no matter who you were, even if I am only a lowly PFC of the Corps.” Raven would be only a few steps away from the peasant girl, making sure if she did anything else, she could be helped away from him before he may exercise power on her in the manner most in a time period would; a physical punishment either with labor or a beating. In any case, Raven would be on the alert.

“Whatever he said, kid... don’t do anything else.” Raven would think to herself.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:40 pm

Countess Nanmara
Order Encampment, Sivalian Plains

Although the elf’s expression remained impassive as the Ranger explained his mission to the Princess, she inwardly bristled. Someone who knew her might have noticed how she tensed up ever-so-slightly, or how her brow seemed to furrow just a little. Nanmara had become used to the sideways glances and the occasional distrust that was directed towards her for her appearance, but she had learned that it was best to swallow her pride and focus on proving her loyalty rather than defending herself with words and complaints. As such, she continued to stand at attention even as the low-born scout offered her an undisguised look of suspicion. Instead of reacting defensively, she considered the man’s words and how they might impact her own mission and responsibilities.

No matter her feelings towards the Ranger, he was ultimately a servant of the Emperor and she knew full well the dangers that political intrigue and factionalism could breed. There were those who - gaining a whiff of potential power - would go to extremes in order to better their positions, even if it came at the expense of the Empire itself. Regardless, Nanmara’s duty was first and foremost to ensure the Princess’ safety, and the prospect of multiple factions making moves towards the Grey Fleet was something that she couldn’t afford to take lightly. Not when such high stakes were involved.

However, another voice interrupted before the conversation could continue any further.

Heeding the Ranger’s insistence on privacy, Nanmara studied the newcomers as they addressed the Princess politely. It took her a moment, but a glimmer of recognition soon flickered behind the elf’s eyes as she noted the lead woman’s ornate armour and the crest that adorned her attire.

"Ah! It is a pleasure to meet you," The woman’s attention turned towards Nanmara as her gaze seemed to drift over her pointed ears. "My friend has told me much about you. Had the Emperor not knighted you first, he said that he would have been next to try such."

Offering her a polite smile, Nanmara planted her gauntleted fist on her breastplate as she performed a curt salute. Bowing towards the woman, she humbly accepted the praise. “I am honoured that you have heard of me, Duchess. As I am truly honoured to have been selected by the Emperor to serve at his pleasure.”
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Legatia
Minister

Founded: Nov 30, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Legatia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:11 pm

[quote="Legatia";p="35989968"]
1st Composite Reconnaissance Platoon
Tanuri Village, Empire of Corleans
9JUN19 0545 LOCAL- Exodus +5

1stLt Micheal Graff- Flagstone 6 Actual

Graff eyed the Warden as he listened to his more watered down introduction. The words he spoke he could understand- law, order, words, Warden of Cael, Bremen Kiles. "..My apologies. Bremen.. Kiles." He managed to correct himself, giving a nod towards the Warden. He didn't know if he had offended the man, but shook his head regardless. He still didn't know exactly what he wanted, though he'd figure it out soon enough.

Suddenly, a young girl approached from his side, eyeing his uniform with eyes obviously full of curiosity. He gave a kind smile as she appeared, his focus drifting from the Warden to her as she reached out to touch his pant fabric. He made no motion to react until the shout from the Warden cut him off.

"Step away from them. I am Warden of Cael. Step away."

The force and anger in his voice sent off alarms in Graff, who held his left hand out in front of the girl. He could understand what he was saying as well- those same orders were ones he had been trained to issue by the linguists. It concerned him not moreso with the order, but the way it was spoke. His hand drifted to his rifle's grip, a finger resting over the trigger guard. "..What is the issue, Warden Kiles?"

Empire of Corleans
Order of the Camellia
Order Encampment, Sivalian Plains
9th Suncrest, 6A-111- Sunrise

Crown Princess Cordelia Augurena

Cordelia tapped her foot quietly, glancing above her for a moment as the Ranger spoke before returning her gaze patiently to him. "..An eye on the factions... Hm. You may be right, if this fabled fleet is as powerful as it is given credit, those seeking an opportunity will swarm to it. You may join yourself to us or operate independently if you wish, but keep in mind that this fleet has drawn.. a great deal of intrigue from the Empire. A number of-" The Princess paused as she heard movement closing behind her- as her look changed to one of intrigue, the familiar face of an old friend coming into her vision. Dressed in clothing more befitting her station and role than she had been used to, Cordelia maintained an expression of pleasant surprise. Ilsa, Duchess of Kahl, she remembered, though it had been few years since they had met. Expertly continuing her quietly pleased look towards the Duchess and her party, despite the tiny smile she allowed to slip through, Cordelia waited patiently for Nanmara and her old companion to pause before speaking.

"Duchess Kahl, it is a pleasure to reunite here with you." She needed to remain formal, despite her wishes otherwise, she knew. She was a Princess, and she needed to command her own respect. And so she would do. "..It appears the Countess' reputation precedes, though it pleases me greatly that you two have met." She took a quiet moment to gesture to the Ranger beside her. "Beside us is Ranger Captain Rohan Borth, newly arrived to assist us. Ranger Borth, may I introduce to you Duchess Isla of House Kahl, High Lord of Valem."

Glancing back to the sky, Cordelia saw the sun well above the treelines by now, clouds of whispy greys gathering in the distance- ones that were not there before. From that speed she figured it may rain for a short while near midday- and it would be important to move. "..Though I hate to cut this reunion short. We have leagues to move and the sky is foreboding. We must speak on the ride, I'm afraid. I hope you will join us going forward."

Mediama
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 20, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mediama » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:13 am

Tanuri Village, Empire of Corleans
June 9th, 2019: 0545

Cass’ mind went blank. While the response she got was a relatively good change (compared to her initial frightened mannerisms) it was clear to her that her attempts might’ve made her seem too good to be true, that she was hiding something.

It was still good progress though.

She nodded and said, “That’s good. I am new here. I understand.”

She really needed to expand on her vocabulary, she felt like a caveman in saying things at the barest level.

She let go of Sienne’s hand, and rubbed the back of her own helmet, blushing, “S-Sorry, don’t know many words in language.”

She was content to awkwardly stand there like the newbie she was until a commotion was heard from the platoon leader and the ‘warden’. She tensed a little, and looked between Sienne and the commotion, slightly concerned for what was unfolding in front of them. She turned back to Sienne, “No worry, just grown ups arguing, they’ll talk, solve.” she said, in an effort to not cause worry.

She was starting to formulate a plan for when the bullets started flying, to at least tackle Sienne down to prevent her from getting shot.

While their current priority was to maintain their own wellbeing and safety until they could get back into contact with their own forces, the lives of innocents needed also to be taken account, and Sienne was but a child.

Besides, she was mediocre at best in a firefight, even after basic training.

Hopefully though, things didn’t escalate to that point.
Basically, Canada with Naboo style royalty and more British. My supposed foil and puppet nation is Consertoria

MBC News: Landmark decision establishes national holiday for elections|Seagull shows no fear as it crashes into power generator, causing massive blackouts|Talks in the process for upcoming state visit by Liegallan delegates|Mediaman Pacific Fleet conducts exercises with the United States|Parliament debates over intervention in Hintuwan over communist terrorism|Local Mediaman arrested after attempting to buy clothes from a soup store|Negotiations reached between Illistrantian municipal government and local LGBT Center restricting Pride parades to people 18 and over|Prime Minister Herman Marshal highlights need to 'counter communism around every corner'

Previous

Return to Portal to the Multiverse