NATION

PASSWORD

Emergence Reboot OOC (Open, Signups welcome)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you like the current pace, or do you want things to move on a bit?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:26 pm

Current pace is fine
No votes
NEED MOAR ACTION (Move things along)
50%
Whatever, you are the OP
50%

Total votes : 4

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:15 pm

Nea Videssos wrote:NAME: Rei Fujiwara (Fujiwara Rei or 藤原麗)

I've not finished reading through the biography yet (good chunk through) but can make a statement on everything else. I can address the bio more once I've finished reading it.

- First issue, creating a smalltime gang is one thing, but a major Yakuza group should be discussed with OP beforehand considering their size.

- Second, we need an age. You have many different skills which take time to learn (metahuman and not) and being that young could potentially be an issue.

- There is no need for that many images. Spoiler or not.

- They are basically immortal (cannot be killed). Being difficult is one thing, being immune to death is another. The healing is also vague. Can they heal from anything? Dismemberment? Burning or total destruction? What are the limits of their healing.

- You need more weaknesses. For one, the only thing that can counter your abilities is electricity or technology specifically tailored to counter such powers, which you are unlikely to face. Coupled with your presumed immortality, and how powerful your abilities can be, this seems a bit much. Having an abundance of skills makes weaknesses even more important. Talking with OP, the healing (and its other abilities) and the molecular manipulation are two separate abilities unrelated to one another. Characters cannot have two distinct powers.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:38 pm

IS there anyone whose apps have not bee addressed so far or added to the Roster, alert me and i shall see what i can do in the coming day(s).
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016

Postby The Empire of Tau » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:05 pm

Hey Shadow, mind if I send you a TG on my char idea?

Confederation of the Equator
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of the Equator » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:12 pm

[minecraft villager sound]
Last edited by Confederation of the Equator on Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
where the fuck is my ground support

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:13 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:Hey Shadow, mind if I send you a TG on my char idea?

Sure, go ahead.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The Krogan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:32 am

Deleted
Last edited by The Krogan on Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:57 am, edited 10 times in total.
The perpetual lurker of NS, trudging through the desolate winter.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:38 am

Shadowwell wrote:if anyone has suggestions for places of interest or npc heroes/villains or teams let me know.

( I edited the quote since most of it does not really concern the topic )

Okay, I got two more NPC ideas,

1. A Villain with electric powers that does bad stuff 'cause, he is bored out of his mind, like, on default

2. A police officer that hates robots, androids and the like of which ( might or might not be a Bladerunner reference )
Last edited by Endem on Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

WIP NPC apps.

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:25 pm

NPC APPLICATION
(Delete all parenthesis or application will be denied.)

NAME: N/A (A Group)
ALIAS / DESIGNATION: Aegis
RACE: Varied

APPEARANCE: TBD

PERSONALITY:

AFFILIATION: League

MEMBERS and POWERS / SKILLS: Bulwark: Superstrength and Durability. (currently missing in action.)
Brain: (Second) Mark Logan, enhanced intelligence and knowledge related abilities. (Currently working with ADVENT Industries.)

Blaze: Fire manipulator can only manipulate existing sources. (active)

Chrome: A metal manipulator from the UK, suspected Class 7, founding member. (Still active)
BACKSTORY: Aegis was one of the first Superhero teams formed when the League of Heres was founded and many members are founders of the League. A few are no longer active but others still work to protect San Francisco and by extension the Bay Area. They are one of the most well known Hero teams in the United States.

NPC APPLICATION

NAME: N/A (A Group)
ALIAS / DESIGNATION: The Paragons
RACE: Varied

APPEARANCE: TBD

PERSONALITY:

MEMBERS and POWERS / SKILLS: Paragon: Suspected to have virtue empowerment, the more good he does the more powerful he is seen to be. (active)
BACKSTORY: The Paragons are a well known group which has recently emerged into the spotlight. They are one of few groups who actively approach troubled youths garnering support for Metahumans and Heroes.

NPC APPLICATION

NAME: Nergal
ALIAS / DESIGNATION: Eternal Sumerian
RACE: Metahuman

APPEARANCE: The first thing that comes to mind when one looks at Nergal is nondescript.

PERSONALITY:

AFFILIATION: Unaffiliated, owns the dead Man's hand and other similar establishments.

POWERS / SKILLS: (Powers refer to superhuman capabilities; Skills refers to non-superhuman training or skills.)
BACKSTORY: (Why are they who they are today. Two paragraphs minimum; older characters need more, especially if centuries old.)

NPC APPLICATION

NAME:
ALIAS / DESIGNATION:Karikázó

APPEARANCE: (Be descriptive; include costume if applicable. Spoiler large pictures.)

PERSONALITY:

POWERS / SKILLS: (Powers refer to superhuman capabilities; Skills refers to non-superhuman training or skills.)
BACKSTORY: (Why are they who they are today. Two paragraphs minimum; older characters need more, especially if centuries old.)
Last edited by Shadowwell on Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:11 pm

APPLICATION

NAME: Eljin Kyne
ALIAS / DESIGNATION: Taranis
NATIONALITY: British-American
ETHNICITY: Scottish

APPEARANCE: Stands 5'10" (~ 178 cm), weighs 180 lbs (~ 82 kg)

PERSONALITY: Eljin is a kind and gentle soul that is unafraid to kick ass if need be, despite his age. He may be stubborn on occasion, but due to his age is not hot headed. He will not rush into a confrontation, but if he finds himself in one, he is only going to back down if he is made to by a peer, or if he has no reason to stand and fight. Eljin knows the danger of continuing in his line of work at his age, and is smart enough not to put himself in danger for no reason. He is to old for that shit. While some may stand due to personal pride, that is something that Eljin lacks with his age. While he does take pride in what he can do, he does not allow it to blind him. Nor does he allow his anger to blind him, because once again, he is to old for that shit. He is also more than willing to take youngsters under his wing to help them sharpen their skills and powers, even if the youngsters show him up (again, he is to old to let his pride blind him). He does this for multiple reasons. Eljin understands the need to have a younger generation ready to step up when the older generation has to step back. He also is happy to do it due to the danger that is part of being a hero, and by helping them get better, it means they have a better chance of living a long life. And finally, he just enjoys sharing his experiences with youngsters (perhaps due to losing his child). It is also worth noting, that Eljin has gotten to an age where he really doesn't care what people think about him, so he will always speak his mind, be it through serious conversations or old man sass plus old man sarcasm.

AFFILIATION: Directly associated with the League of Heroes, loose associations with MAID due to the occasional team up between the League and MAID.

POWERS / SKILLS:
Powers

• Living Generator - Eljin is a living generator, capable of producing the electromagnetic energy required to pull of his powers. If he runs out of power, Eljin is also capable of draining power from the power grid and electronics to power back up.
  • Electromagnetic Projection - Eljin is capable of releasing electromagnetic energy through ranged projections. These ranged projections come in three forms, they are electromagnetic balls, electromagnetic beams, and electromagnetic bolts. The electromagnetic balls are about the size of basketballs. The electromagnetic beams are unidirectional and are about the same thickness as his fist. The electromagnetic bolts are similar in appearance to the classic image of a lightning bolts. Eljin is capable of controlling the amount of electromagnetic energy in each projection in orser to deliver just enough to be noticeable, while not proving lethal. These projections can also fry unprotected electronics and temporarily disable protected electronics. Each projection has a range before the energy dissipates to much to be of effect. That range is generally around 100 metres to 200 metres depending on the projection. Beams have the shortest range at 100 metres, the bolts max out at around 150 metres, and the balls have the maximum range of 200 metres.
  • Electromagnetic Strike - Eljin is capable of infusing his physical strikes with electromagnetic energy. He can control the amount of electromagnetic energy that he infuses into physical strikes, in order to deliver just enough of a shock to have a noticeable effect, while not proving lethal. These strikes can also fry unprotected electronics and temporarily disable protected electronics.
  • Electromagnetic Sense - Eljin is capable of sensing the electromagnetic fields of the world around him, including the natural electromagnetic fields of other living things. While passively this allows him to tell if someone is trying to sneak up on him, they do not tell him more than where they are. He can also sense the electromagnetic fields as he does with living things. There is a range on this, which is 200 metres in all directions around him.
  • Electromagnetic Sheild - Eljin's Electromagnetic Shield is is a shield composed of a relatively powerful electromagnetic field. The Electromagnetic Shield is best described as a semi circle with a 8 foot radius with Eljin as the origin and it also stands 8 feet tall, allowing Eljin to protect not only himself but a few others around him. Through the magnetism, the Electromagnetic Shield is capable of stopping bullets of 7.62x54mmR caliber or smaller. The magnetism repulses all forms of non-supersonic metal weaponry. The electrical current and voltage of the Electromagnetic Shield is capable of providing enough of a shock to stop people from forcing themselves through the field. Of course, while this means pretty much nothing can penetrate the Electromagnetic Shield, it also means that nothing can pass through the Electromagnetic Shield from the other side as well.
  • Coloured Electromagnetic Energy - Not really a power, but it does have to do with his powers. The electromagnetic energy that Eljin produces, which resembles lightning or arcing electricity in most cases is violet in colour.

Skills

• Remarkably Fit - While Eljin has no superhuman physical aspects, he is still remarkably fit for his age. So much so that he can keep up and even surpass a number of other people. He is capable of sprinting a distance of about 200 metres at a speed of about 25 km/h (15.5 mph) and can deadlift up to 227 kg (500 lbs). Eljin is also capable of comfortably carrying about 35 kg (100 lbs) on his back, and can easily carry things weighing about 35 kg (77 lbs) in his arms
  • Firearms Training - Eljin has trained to use firearms. He is fairly skilled, but is not incredible in his accuracy.
  • CQC Training - Eljin has been trained in CQC, with influences from many different martial arts. He is far more skilled in CQC than he is with firearms.
  • Wilderness Survival - Eljin was taught skills associated with surviving in the wilderness if need be.
  • Tactical Mind - Eljin has a tactical mind that has only grown sharper with age. This also means he is fairly intelligent. That said, there are still plenty of people that can out smart him.
  • High Pain Tolerance - Through training, Eljin has developed a fairly high pain tolerance.

WEAKNESSES:
  • Getting To Old for this Shit - To put it simply, Eljin is getting old. While he does his best to remain useful in the field, due to his age, he can not remain as active as he used to. As such, while Eljin is rather intimidating, in battles of attrition, he'll lose more often than not to the younger folk.
  • Finite Capacity - Eljin does not produce infinite amounts of electromagnetic energy for use in his powers. All of his powers drain from the amount of electromagnetic energy he has built up. The amount of power used with each Electromagnetic Projections and Electromagnetic Strike can vary, and thus the amount of energy drained also varies. With that said, Electromagnetic Projections and Electromagnetic Strikes rarely drain available energy faster than he can produce energy, the same can not be said for the Electromagnetic Shield. Electromagnetic Shield can drain all of the energy available to Eljin faster than he can produce it. If it is up for over 1 minute, Eljin will lose the ability to keep it up, as he will run out of electromagnetic energy. This also puts him in a situation where he is unable to use all of his powers. Basically, Electromagnetic Shield has a time limit of 1 minute, if he goes over, goodbye to his powers until he can recharge his store of available electromagnetic energy. This recharge can take up to 24 hours. That is if he just rests to recharge. Eljin can still drain electromagnetic energy from machines and devices that are powered by electricity. The amount of power that the device needs or produces can change the amount of time Eljin needs to recharge.
  • Overcharge - While Eljin does have some conscious control when it comes to electrical power absorption, he does not have total control. For that reason, electricity can turn out to be an ironic weakness. Electrical based attacks or weapons can give him more power, but they can also overcharge him. When this happens, Eljin loses the ability to use his powers, and he will fall into unconsciousness for a few hours, and then suffer through a 24 to 48 hour period that he experiences symptoms similar to a very bad fever.

EQUIPMENT:
  • Relatively normal things (wallet, cash, phone, etc)
  • A Beretta M9 and extra ammo
  • A couple (2) M84 stun grenades
  • A couple (2) M18 Smoke grenades (green colour)
  • Reading Glasses

BACKSTORY: Born in 1965, in the city of Inverness in Scotland, Eljin Kyne was born to a father who was a ex-British SAS officer and a seemingly normal mother. As such, if one expected that he would have had a fairly normal life that would be fair. It was the case for the first ten years of his life. However, in 1975, things changed, as his powers started to develop. But this did not surprise his parents, as his father knew about metahumans due to his mother being one.

It was when Eljin started developing his powers that his father left the SAS, and the family moved deeper into the Scottish highlands and into isolation. This isolation was to allow Eljin's mother to teach him how to use his powers properly. At the same time, his father taught him all skills not related to his powers. His parents would also teach him other things that a normal child would have learned in school.

Once his parents were confident in Eljin's ability to control his powers, they moved out from the isolation of the Scottish highlands, and to the United States of America. The only reason they moved to the United States instead of somewhere within the United Kingdom was because his mother had an opportunity with a normal job in the United States. This was in 1979, when Eljin was 14 years old. And where in the United States they ended up? Well a certain city known as San Francisco.

Eljin would finish his teenage years in the public education system, while also becoming a US citizen, but would not pursue secondary education. Instead, Eljin would enlist with the US Army, and would be transferred away from San Francisco. Eljin would get his fist taste of action in 1990 when he was sent off to fight in the Gulf War. He would witness the death of a person who he had been best friends with since he arrived in the United States, and was one of the only two people other than his parents who knew he wasn't exactly normal. While this death wouldn't be the only one he'd witness, this was the most memorable for Eljin.

After the Gulf War, Eljin would get sometime without having to go overseas to fight. During this period, his parents both passed away from cancer, and Eljin would get married to his high school sweet heart , and they would have their first child, a daughter, in 1997. But that all changed with the events of September 11, 2001. Soon after, Eljin would find himself shipping off to fight in Afghanistan for Operation Enduring Freedom. He would serve a four year tour.

During this tour, the emergence of metahumans would begin back in the United States. Eljin would still keep his powers to himself however, and would continue fighting. Once his tour was over, he returned to the United States and left the military. He did this for two reasons, to spend more time with his now eight year old daughter, and in order to better protect his family in a world where powered individuals were no longer willing to stay in the shadows. He would move his family back to San Francisco, specifically in his parents old home. Eljin was happy.

But happiness would not remain. In 2006, Eljin's daughter and his wife would lose their lives to some random villain who wanted something. Basically, the early months of 2006 were pretty brutal to Eljin. It goes without saying that Eljin did not take this laying down however. He hunted down the villain who was responsible for the death of his family, and unleashed his powers publicly for the first time.

While some people in his position may have killed the villain in a vengeful rage, Eljin didn't. He had seen plenty of death, and when he left the Army, he made a promise to himself, that he would never extinguish the life of another unless there was no other way. He also refused to lower himself to the level of the villain who killed his family. That said, he gave that villain a pretty brutal beating before handing him over to the authorities. With nothing left to go back to, and his certain set of powers along with skills, Eljin only saw one possible path for his future. So, he decided to walk that path, and would join up with the League of Heroes.

He has been working with the League ever since, with the occasional team up with MAID agents when the League and MAID decide to work with each other. Through his work among the League, he has built a name for himself along with having the opportunity to meet with major names among the League. He has met Mr. Invincible, members of Aegis, and the Paragons, a couple times, maybe more specifically once or twice. While there was sometimes that he thought about joining MAID, he always decided against due to a few reasons that he keeps private.

Now, in 2019, he continues to capture villains and work with the League of Heroes despite being 54 years old. Heck, he has said that he will continue on till he is at least 60 or dead.

OPTIONAL

LIKES: Drinking, eating, Action Movies, Martial arts movies, teaching youngsters, seeing youngster succeed, Relaxing with a good book, keeping fit (in order to keep up with youngsters), giving youngsters a hard time for swearing (even though he swears a lot)
DISLIKES: Disrespect, those with no regard to life, those who take advantage of their position for personal gain
GOALS: Making it to 60 while stopping tragedies to families like the one that fell on his.
FEARS: Not being able to do anything to prevent tragedies to families like the one that fell on his

THEME SONG: TBD

ALIGNMENT: Neutral Good
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Very WIP

Postby Vacif » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:25 pm

APPLICATION

NAME: Alain Garrick
ALIAS / DESIGNATION: Mindgames
NATIONALITY: British
ETHNICITY: English

APPEARANCE: [url=http://orig02.deviantart.net/0b13/f/2011/321/e/c/beret_by_ameij-d4gifiz.jpg]An old image[/img]

PERSONALITY: Alain is a supportive and infinitely patient man who has a heart of gold. He seeks to help as many people as he can, though isn't particularly picky with who, especially if he is well compensated. He's got no qualms working for the underworld while maintaining his day job. Not very religious himself, he is very tolerant of others and their beliefs. He is a man of focus and does whatever he needs to do with little hesitation.

AFFILIATION: Independant

• Time Perception Manipulation - He can't control time itself, but he can control how you see time. He can makes things go by faster, or slower, making a few seconds feel like eternity, or make waiting hours feel like seconds. He can affect numerous people in a short radius, or a single target, far away so long as he knows exactly where the target is. Making two people in small area see time differently for a few minutes is well within his limits, making 15, 20 ,or 50 people for 10 seconds will put significant strain on himself.
    •Perception Manipulation - He can make you see, hear, and feel things that aren't there. Alain can manifest these phantoms to individuals or groups of people to his choosing. The more intense/vivid the hallucinations are, the more concentration and energy must be exerted.
    •Mental Manipulation - Mindgames can install mental barriers, and alter memories of his target given enough time and energy. Conversely he may restore lost memories, and remove mental barriers. He can make you forget the good, the bad, and the ugly. Skills you know, tastes that you love or hate. Give you new memories, or read old ones. He can reinvigorate your mind, or drain it of all energy.
WEAKNESSES: (Be creative. Simple character flaws or rare kryptonite will not suffice.)
    • Alain is exposed to the memories of others when he attempts memory blocks, or stress treatment.
    • Alain cannot fully erase memories, he can only install mental barriers which can be broken by other mental powers or incredible stress/trauma
    • Time-Perception manipulation used sparingly versus few targets in a small area is very manageable, but used enmasse against a large number of targets in a wide area is incredibly energy consuming, prolonged use may lead to heart failure.
EQUIPMENT: (What the character has on them at any give time; specifics can be detailed slightly in parentheses. Be reasonable, i do not want to see peak human characters carrying around a literal or figurative ton of things and parkour off the side of buildings.)
    •Burner phone
    Key ring
    Wallet with $90 in cash
    Electronic Watch
    Small first aid kit
    Messenger bag

OPTIONAL
GOALS:
FEARS:

THEME SONG:

ALIGNMENT: Chaotic Good?

APPLICATION

NAME: Vinnie Sidorenko
ALIAS / DESIGNATION: Cerber
NATIONALITY: American
ETHNICITY: Belorussian

APPEARANCE: (Be descriptive; include costume if applicable. Spoiler large pictures.)

PERSONALITY:

AFFILIATION: Independent

WEAKNESSES: (Be creative. Simple character flaws or rare kryptonite will not suffice.)
EQUIPMENT: (What the character has on them at any give time; specifics can be detailed slightly in parentheses. Be reasonable, i do not want to see peak human characters carrying around a literal or figurative ton of things and parkour off the side of buildings.)

OPTIONAL
GOALS:
FEARS:

THEME SONG:

ALIGNMENT: (Chaotic Good, Lawful Evil, True Neutral, et cetera.)

APPLICATION

NAME: Dalton Bartlett
ALIAS / DESIGNATION: Ferro
NATIONALITY: Canadian
ETHNICITY: English

PERSONALITY:

AFFILIATION: Independent

OPTIONAL
GOALS:
FEARS:

THEME SONG:

ALIGNMENT: (Chaotic Good, Lawful Evil, True Neutral, et cetera.)
Last edited by Vacif on Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014

Postby Anowa » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:14 am

IT'S FINALLY DONE

APPLICATION

NAME: Augustus Konig
ALIAS / DESIGNATION: The Roman
NATIONALITY: American
ETHNICITY: Roman
RACE: Meta-Human

APPEARANCE: Despite what it states on his ID, Augustus doesn't look a day over 30. While his brow has creases and his mustache is generally unkempt, this does not reflect the rest of his body, 5'11, 198 lbs, broad shouldered, muscular and well toned, most everything below his neck has scar tissue on it some form, from burns, blades, or pox. The man is the embodiment of warrior. With an accent described only as 'vaguely European' resounds in a baritone of authority and experience. His deep blue eyes glow with a sense of curiosity and tempered superiority, as a nigh permanent smirk invites a sense of friendliness.

PERSONALITY: Augustus has long since done away with anger and wrath, tempered by war after war and death after death, the man who has lived longer than Empires remains a friendly, calm, and amiable man. Seeing mistakes, threats, and anger as mere setbacks inbuilt to humanity, after seeing what he's seen he has an overwhelming self driven need to ensure everyone has a chance for redemption. His attitude most of the time is like a father with their child, a mild sense of wonderment and pride exudes from him no matter who he is with. Augustus is a patient, caring and helpful man, more than willing to go to any length to maintain the safety of as many people as possible.

AFFILIATION: Epoch LLC

POWERS / SKILLS:
    Fire Elemental: The human body uses and creates heat for a variety of purposes. In such situations like being sick, heat is created by the body to kill bacteria or viruses that plague you. Heat also keep you alive in the winter. Such heat is either provided from the environment or by the body itself in a very taxing physical venture.

For Augustus, his body takes this to the absolute extreme. When in the presence of heat, or similarly, undergoing a reaction which results in heat, his body heals at a vastly accelerated rated, ranging from a gash healing in minutes due to it being a warm day, to instantly if the man is on fire. The reason why is that his body's metabolism seems to hijack heat at a much more efficient rate than that of a normal person's metabolism, resulting in instances where, if it's warm enough, the wound will emit steam as it heals to an insane degree. In the event of death, the body will seemingly convert most if not all of it's muscle and fat mass in an attempt to instantly heal itself to stave off death. It seems to work, given the track record of Augustus' life span is anything to go off of. As a side effect, such a degree of usage even seems to reverse the effects of aging.

As a result of this, Augustus effectively cannot be harmed by fire, heat, or thermal energy of any kind, as it will heal him faster than it can harm him.

Older Than Empires: Augustus has been alive for over a millennia and a half. He has been through more countries than currently exist, and has killed more people than even the most accomplished diplomat will ever speak to in their lifetime. He carries with him enough life experience that he seems to have a mild sense of clairvoyance, expecting so many things to happen even during a mild conversation that he has a rapid response to. His combat experience covers more than some national armies. As such, it is hard to surprise or otherwise get the drop on the man who's been alive for so long.

Impromptu Linguist: Augustus' time in Europe has resulted in an unrivaled understanding of languages both living and dead. Having learned the root language for most European languages at some point it is not outside the realm of possibility that he can communicate with someone in nearly every nation in the world. As of current he can speak and write: Late Latin/Vulgar Latin, Gothic, Old Frankish, Old High German, Old Norse, Old Italian, Middle High German, Old French, Old English, Yiddish, Old Castilian, Romanian, Tuscan, Old Norwegian, Early New High German, Middle English, New High German, German, English, French, Russian, Italian, and Castilian.
WEAKNESSES:
    A Man to a God: Beside the man's affinity to seemingly eat fire for breakfast and heal at an unprecedented rate, Augustus is 100% wholly human. He tires, he bleeds, he requires sleep and food, and he can die if subjected to enough punishment or my simply being reduced to a stain.
    Talk First, Kill Later: Augustus has the odd tendency to open with a request to avoid fighting. leaving his potential enemies an opening to deal massive amounts of damage.
EQUIPMENT:
    • California Dangerous Weapons Permit
    • California Concealed Carry Permit
    • Colt M16A4 R0901
    • 4x 30 Round 5.56x45mm STANAG magazines
    • M9 Bayonet
    • HK USP40 Match
    • 2x 16 round .40 S&W USP Magazines
    • Epoch LLC Security Uniform
    • Bavarian Model 1889 Cavalry Sabre

BACKSTORY: Augustus was born, to his recollection, a few dozen miles North of Rome, the eldest son to a family of novi homines, New Men, Augustus took up the mantle of what was laid out before him by enlisting into the Legio secunda Italica, The Second Italian Legion. He would cut his teeth in the sacking of Rome by the Goths. It is also where Augustus thought he would die. Run through by a trio of Gothic soldiers, Augustus was not killed instantly. Three massive gashes in his form left him crippled by pain and left to rot in the sun and fire of a burning Rome. But to him, God decided it was not his day to die.

After nearly 2 days of simply sitting to burn under the sun's rays, Augustus stopped bleeding. Another day, and he got up. Setting his gaze upon a sacked and plundered Rome, something inside Augustus stirred. he would travel north to his family's home, and bore witness to it's ruin. At this moment, Augustus knew deep down that the Empire was soon to collapse, for if an army could cause such damage to the heart of the Empire, than how could the rest of the Empire fare?

Despite their status of having potentially killed his family and destroyed his home, Augustus headed Northeast into Gaul. Seeing the Visigoths there as a step above the Huns to the East, and closer and more civilized than the barbaric Britanic tribes. It was here that Augustus, disillusioned with the Roman Empire he was born into, became somewhat of a hermit, confused by his seeming inability to die, he would remain alone in a untouched tract of forest, hunting, fighting, and surviving against mother nature. He would do this for 30 years, before the Huns came knocking, and once again Augustus answered the call of duty. It was at the Battle of the Catalaunian Plains, where Augustus thought he would die. Once again, God had other plans. After pursuing the Huns from Orleans, he followed his new monarch King Theodoric I into battle, falling alongside him, where the bodies in the battle lay thickest. 14 arrows, all burned to ash within the hour, as upon his seeming 'death' Augustus burst into a gout of flame, remaining on that battlefield for many days as he recovered from the sheer heat of the sun.

Augustus, now experiencing death twice, fell back into seclusion, determined to keep his cursed self away from the world at large, on the sea, only occasionally going to local port towns in an attempt to keep some form of sanity by making contact with people. He would die from old age, infection, or disease, several times during his tenure alone in the wilderness. His visits to the local towns would increase as time went on, as he found his loneliness to outweight his want to keep himself from mankind.

Tales would spread along the South Frankish coast of a man who seemed to defy time itself, as generation after generation would see the oddly accented man come and go. Eventually, the Justinian Plague arrived, taking many lives, leaving many more permanently affected, many port towns were abandoned or burnt to prevent the plague spreading. For a time, legends of a man who could survive this cleansing flame perpetuated along Northern Italy and Southern France, but would soon fall out of favour due to the intervention of priests and deacons. It was then, that instead of a hermit, he became a wanderer.

With the armor he wore, his vague accent, and the way he carried himself, he became somewhat of an urban legend as 'The Last Roman'. He would work primarily as a body guard for merchants. Though as time went on, and as Charlemagne became more and more powerful, Augustus went from a simple mercenary, to that of an actual soldier. Going by many names, so as to not arise suspicion, The Last Roman faded into myth, as for once again, the ROman Empire rose anew with the Holy Roman Empire forming out of it's grave. His career of allegiance to Charlemange's bloodline would last for a very long time.

Then came the First Crusade, Augustus initially had no intent on going, but priests and townsfolk alike swept up in the vigours of religion and faith would take root in Augustus' heart as well. He would then petition to partake, and with the approval of his lord, he would then spend three years of his comparatively massive life fighting for the God which granted him these powers to live forever and to bring righteous fury to all who would oppose His Name.

After his time in Judea, he would return home a hero, celebrated by those who he lived with prior. It was then, that filled with a sense of pride and happiness, he would meet a woman. And as a first in a very long time, would feel exemplary wellness, and acceptance for being who he was... But it soon turned to regret. For an immortal man, laying with a very mortal woman, would lead to more pain and grief than he could ever imagine. And so, he fled, and soon, was forgotten by the town... and the woman.

It wasn't until 50 years later, when he would return to his Crusading days. Only this time, instead of Judea, he would head to Iberia. He would then spend a considerable amount of time participating in the Reconquista. That was, until both famine and plague all but suckerpunched the effort, at least in Augustus' eyes. he would die no less than 4 times during the years of the BLack Plague, and soon after would return to his now fatherland of Germany. With Bohemia's action in the 100 Years War, once again, Augustus fought, died, fought again, and died, until eventually he called it quits for the time being, heading back to his home in Eastern Germany to become something much less, lethal. he became a carpenter for some time, before once again becoming a smith, alternating between many practical professions in many different towns until eventually the Thirty Years War arrived.

Germany was embroiled in chaos, and for once Augustus didn't fight, sure there was fighting around him, but the man simply bided his time by forging sword for the Catholic forces, seeing his time of fighting as come and gone. In this time, he would get married with a fair woman, for once trying to give a normal life a shot, wherein they had a child. In 1656, Augustus would again 'die', leaving his wife and child with a somewhat normal case of closure. This would be the pattern he would fall into for the next while, Augustus would marry, have children, and then eventually pass, trying his best to keep away from dying too early to give his children a sense of fulfillment and a positive life.

Such a life would last for about 150 years, until Napoleon. After the French Revolution, which Augustus largely ignored, and the consequent rise to power that napoleon went through, he started heading east. For once, Augustus wasn't so much interested in fighting for himself, but the few bloodlines he'd started in Germany and Eastern Europe. So the now ancient man went to war. Under the leadership of Friedrich Wilhelm III, the now Prussian soldier fought battle after battle with Napoleon's forces, and sometimes, even with. Though after coming to terms with his powers and exactly what made them tick, he for once, remained fearful of the advance into Russian territory.

The Battle of Waterloo, one of Augustus' personal favorite battles due to it's historic consequences, was one where Augustus for once, didn't die from his wounds. Instead, a lead ball was pulled from his arm, and he was left to heal. Though regardless, with his experiences with the people of Prussia, and the German confederation, for once, Augustus felt well and truly home. From then on, Augustus no longer identified himself as The Last Roman, but instead, as another Prussian. During the Industrial revolution, Augustus found a new career path during the mid to late 1800s, this time as a factory worker in a smelting plant. Day after day in the heat created a much higher sensitivity to injury for his powers, resulting in a much more strengthened healing time and process. He notes that after he retired from working at said plant, he no longer gained scar tissue.

For some time in a very long time, Europe wasn't embroiled in war, at least after the Franco-German Wars, things were peaceful. In 1909, at a physical age of 23, he would marry again, siring a daughter with a loving wife in the now German Alsace-Lorraine. In the coming years, this would be nothing but regret and pain to the man.

Come 1914, and Europe once again sparked into war, when the German officials came to his door, Augustus simply nodded and went along, confident that the line battles of yore would result in a quick end to the conflict, and that he would be home before long. He was wrong. The Line battles of yore had no place in the modern battlefield. Within 7 weeks, old tactics had been tossed into the mud, literally. Augustus would spend the next 4 years of his life being burned, shot, gassed, rained on, blown up, and generally left in misery and cold where he actually had a fear that he would die. Finally, after on and off battles and wounds on the Western front, Germany would surrender, and Augustus returned to his home though now part of France.

1500 years ago, he would find his family gone, and his home rubble. He had done the same, again.

In the interwar period, Augustus would become a wrathful, angry man with nothing to really lose. So filled with hate and anguish, that he turned towards every source to try and alleviate the sense of loss he had felt after finding his wife and daughter gone. With no home, no drive, and no real goals, he settled into a slump of drinking and sorrows. This slump would last until the mid 1920s... at which point he read a book by a certain art school drop out and aspiring politician. In the years following, Augustus bought into the hate and diatribe of the charismatic leader.

Augustus, looking back, greatly regrets this, and as a result, rarely speaks of it. He would serve in the Second World War with the 8th Army, invading Poland and securing it for the expansion of Greater Germany, before being part of the reorganization into the 2nd Army to invade France. From here he would then be shipped out to the Eastern Front during Operation Case Blue. It was here that for one more time in his life, fear of death gripped him. The cold made it very difficult for the man to heal at any rate faster than was natural. But ironically, this is what saved him after countless hours, days, and weeks of combat. After being shot in the abdomen, he would be shipped to Poland for recovery, roughly 8 days before the Soviets encircled the beleaguered German troops in Stalingrad.

At this point, he would be organized into the 9th Army, taking part in Operation Citadel, in an attempt to break the Kursk Salient. It would fail, and After many defensive battles over the course of 1944, they would end up in Berlin. Through this all, Augustus knew that Germany had lost, and that surrender to the Russians was not an option. After the Battle of Seelow heights, fate had caught up with augustus, and much like what he escaped at Stalingrad, he was faced at the shores of the Halbe. Yet, there was one final route.

Augustrus, the men of the 9th and 12th Armies, and several civillians each took up arms to blow a hole through the Soviet lines and get across the Halbe. This took a week, and during it all, the enemies of the Wehrmacht were present within and without. With commands to defend Berlin coming down from high command, and the defiance of such orders for the safety of the civilians in the area, present members of the Waffen-SS simply raised tensions. The one thing that Augustus would openly admit about his time in the Wehrmacht, is that he very rapidly changed his mind about the Nazi Party after seeing members of the SS attempt to fire a Panzerfaust into a basement filled with civilians and Wehrmacht soldiers.

Regardless of this, he managed to cross the Halbe on the final breakout attempt, and later in that week would willingly surrender himself to US Forces.

After this, disillusioned with what his country had become, and fully coming to understand exactly what had been done to the 17 million people killed during the systemic murder planned by the government he had previously been loyal to. Augustus finally left Germany behind him after nearly a millenia.

He would immigrate to a location far away from all the terrible memories, instead finding home in New York, like many other post war immigrants. It was here he tried and failed multiple times to hold employment. Until finally settling into a job as an unassuming dock worker. It was here he would ignore the Korean War, seeing it as nothing more than Soviet posturing against the US. Simply loading and unloading cargo bound to wherever and coming from whoever without much care in the world.

Though as time went on, news became more and more confrontational, the Red Scare was now slowly coming out in full force. While Augustus had long since reconciled with himself over his regret of buying into Hitler's speeches, he had something stir inside him, likening the Communism which now seemed to be sweeping through the world like the Black Plague he dealt with in his youth. A disease in which to hate, but to pity those afflicted by it.

After news of Tonkin hit, he didn't hesitate, dead set on fighting the spread of Communism, he signed on with the US Army and was assigned to the 1st Cavalry Division after basic and shipping out. He got the nickname Old Man, due to the fact that on paper he was 34. In actuality, his weathered face and greying hair turned heads, while brass ignored such features. Despite being a private, the vaguely German accent, and the noted sense of awareness and infallibly accurate and proper drilling and maintenance of hardware, made people flock to him to advice, and a general sense of safety, the more perceptive of them cluing in to the oddly Germanic man's demeanor and the likely cause.

He would eventually achieve NCO status, and while in service would be the recipient of 5 Purple Hearts, a Silver Star, and being listed as KIA or MIA a grand total of 12 times over the course of the war before being rectified upon his miraculous return.

By 1975, the now greyed man going by the name Augustus Konig -an old psuedonym of his- was pulled from service after so much attention was given to him, and the attention leading to the scrutiny of his service. Despite the dishonorable nature of this, he was given a proper discharge and kept his decorations. For the next 20 or so years, Augustus would remain a quiet and contemplative life. For him, a mere 20 years was basically no time at all, simply living his life with all the memorabilia he'd collected over the past 100 years in a small home on the edge of the Bay Area. Though with the collapse of the Soviet Union, he felt a hollow sense of victory. Eventually he would find work as a highschool janitor, working his way over the next few years, acting as a sort of role model for the kids in the school as he slowly aged.

Eventually, come 2003, when the meta-human strain of mankind came into the spotlight, After more than a millennia, Augustus received the answer as to what he was.

After this, he would go to the nearest lawyer to lay things out. Belongings in his life that were buried, dug up, stored in Swiss banks, and generally kept on legal record were collected, compiled and brought to judges in three separate countries. Augustus brought individuals to select areas in Europe and in essence told them to 'dig here, you'll find X', after this, and identification of the authenticity of the documents and testimonies from surviving veterans of the wars he participated in, In May of 2006, Augustus Konig's passport, personal ID, driver's license, and SSN officially declared him as One Thousand, Six Hundred, and Twenty Four years old.

In 2014, he would be hired by Epoch LLC as a security consultant, raking in a collection of pensions all the while.

OPTIONAL

THEME SONG:Sabaton - Gott Mit Uns
Last edited by Anowa on Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:53 pm

So, whats the news guys?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:05 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:So, whats the news guys?

Nothing

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:11 pm

I almost have the Opening post for the IC done, but my pc is being a pain about connecting to the internet right now.

I see no problems with the recent apps which have not been addressed here yet. I will add apps to the roster when I can.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Postby The Empire of Tau » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:23 pm

NAME: Simon S. Leonidovich
ALIAS / DESIGNATION: Bain
NATIONALITY: Russian-American
ETHNICITY: Russian

APPEARANCE: Image

PERSONALITY: Simon S. Leonidovich is a reserved person to strangers. Simon will not engage in any form of conversation with anyone for if a conversation is not triggered. When it comes to friends then Simon is more open then he should be - talking about his life issues and such. Simon is also an idealist at heart. Morals guide the man, although he may do some questionable stuff in order to achieve his moral goals. The Ends Justify the Means.

AFFILIATION: Metahuman Affairs Agency.

CONNECTIONS: Metahuman Affairs Agency - Simon works closely with M.A.A. Afterall, he works as the cyber security lead in the local San Francisco area. As such, Simon has access to local data-files on registered metahumans that have signed up with M.A.A and or done contracts for M.A.A. If anything that concerns the security of cyberspace in San Francisco then Simon will be the first to be notified, with his responsibility to deal with the issue.

POWERS / SKILLS:
Higher Mental Capacity - Not much explaining needs to be done here. Simon has one big brain, which equals more IQ. Given that fact, Simon is a very smart man. Like any other genius metahuman out there, Simon can do math, science, and academia without issue.

Applied Knowledge - Most, if not all, genius metahumans have many degrees to their name. Simon is not different, getting a PhD in computer programming and computer engineering. Following that is a Masters in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, and computer security. Lasty is a Bachelors in chemistry and biomechanics.

WEAKNESSES: Neurological Disorder - Simon stuffers from a rare form of neurological disorder that has yet to be properly diagnosed, with many long complex-names attached to it. The condition causes Simon’s body to randomly “spasm” (involuntary body movement). Given that fact, Simon has a hard-time performing basic functions of life (cooking, holding objects, walking, etc) - needing someone else to aid him in his tasks.

Emotionally Unstable - Simon is in a very vulnerable state. He wants to be with someone and wishes to be taken of. Video games and his research has been the only coping mechanisms that Simon has. As such, Simon is easy to manipulate by a charismatic person, or someone very close to Simon.

EQUIPMENT: Nothing of significance.

ASSETS: Bank Load of Money - Simon has a sizeable bank account that grows ever so slowly, with investments, income, etc, adding to his value. While Simon does live in an apartment; he could easily buy a house, a nice car, the luxuries of life, and not work a single day in his life. Technically, Simon is retired, but he still works for the sake of it.

Eve - Simon’s own personal AI maid. Nothing to look at it...for now...

BACKSTORY: Adopted by Vietnamese parents, Simon’s life was that of an average American kid. Snice middle-school, Simon always rushed home to get on his computer to play video games. Of course, he had to do homework and chores first, but once that was done - Simon played on his computer all-day. Simon’s social involvement was almost nonexistent. He never would go outside or talk with his parents. School was the only time that Simon was socially active, only meeting up with his friends. This was further compounded by his neurological disorder - which he feared that it when give off a bad impression. That would change once Simon’s meta-powers would awake during his college years.

Enrolling as a freshmen in community-college, Simon’s ability to grasp and understand academic concepts was a surprise to him. Realizing his potential, Simon quickly showed off his heighten metal ability. In just one year, Simon transferred to a proper college - taking courses in computer programming, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and computer engineering, among others. Well, he did not take all these classes in one sitting. Recognition of Simon’s smarts took time to be seen by others. However, in time, administration did notice Simon’s record of managing his grades and pushing out good work. After a few tests that confirmed Simon’s intelligent; he was given a full-paid-scholarship and the opportunity of potential job openings.

Taking approximately 10 years to fully finish his studies in all his wanted fields as mentioned, Simon opted to join the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency. While it took 2 years for the bureaucracy to do its job, Simon was eligible to work as a researcher. By this time, Simon was about 34 years of age. For the next 6 years, Simon had a comfortable living with the amount of money paid in salary.

During his time in the agency, Simon worked on the development of AI and robotics. Specifically, he worked on Project Human - an android development project that expanded on previous scientific achievements done by the agency. Overall, the project went smoothly under the management of Simon. A new-line of human-like androids was now available, with the production-side of the project was left up to company contractors. Simon worked on a few more projects for DARPA, but retired due to worsening conditions of his disorder.

As a show of gratitude, the Defense Department allowed and gifted Simon to have a specially-built robot assistant that aided Simon in his everyday life. Simon grown to have a deep emotional attachment to his assistant - which he called it, ‘Eve’. His time in DARPA was spent almost entirely on his works - not any form of social-networking. This could also apply to Simon overall. Simon never did any form of serious socializing in life.

Wanting to bring life to Eve, Simon worked on Eve’s programming in hopes of archiving sentient status in her thinking. After trial and error, Simon did in fact reach his goal. However, Simon did not foresee the consequences.

Today, Simon works at the Metahuman Affairs Agency as the local cyber security head in San Francisco, and contractor for heroes. If Simon wanted to - he could live off his whole bank account, but Simon has no interest in doing nothing.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:36 am

The Empire of Tau wrote:-snip-

First I need to know concrete dates from some of these things, when was he with DARPA, when was Eve finished, etc. He is super intelligent, but has a neurological disorder?

I find it doubtful that DARPA would allow someone with a disorder which could cause issues during their work.

Why did you choose the MAA?

Eve would need a character app, since her importance and relevance seems to warrant as such.

On another note guys i should have the IC up some time tonight, much like the original this will open with a crime.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:41 am

By the way, what would you say if I apped policemen, just your standard cop with no powers

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:53 am

Endem wrote:By the way, what would you say if I apped policemen, just your standard cop with no powers

You could do that, might be difficult to get them into the action so to speak.

Nea Videssos
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:26 pm

Well, I'm finally going to get around to replying to the critique of my app. I was a bit busy over the weekend with other stuff, and I've been distracting myself a bit today and yesterday with CK2 and some stuff I was reading online. As for the critique... I guess I went a bit too far with the app? I probably just got too used to recycling that particular character (with some minor changes here and there) in other RPs without encountering issues. Oops, I guess?

Beiarusia wrote:
Nea Videssos wrote:NAME: Rei Fujiwara (Fujiwara Rei or 藤原麗)

I've not finished reading through the biography yet (good chunk through) but can make a statement on everything else. I can address the bio more once I've finished reading it.

- First issue, creating a smalltime gang is one thing, but a major Yakuza group should be discussed with OP beforehand considering their size.

Fair enough. I just used that particular bit of detail regarding the Yakuza group and their size in another RP without thinking too much of it, and intending for it to essentially be a background detail (since I'd just be RPing the character, rather than the faction as a whole or something like that).

- Second, we need an age. You have many different skills which take time to learn (metahuman and not) and being that young could potentially be an issue.

Hmm... I'll say he's around 18-19, but he looks a few years younger.

- There is no need for that many images. Spoiler or not.

Not really something I can help. If you've ever seen any of my other apps over the past half a decade, you'd know by now. :p

- They are basically immortal (cannot be killed). Being difficult is one thing, being immune to death is another. The healing is also vague. Can they heal from anything? Dismemberment? Burning or total destruction? What are the limits of their healing.

Hmm.... I guess I was a bit too indecisive there with what exactly I was aiming for. Not sure if I should go with some variant of regeneration, or something like a form of resurrection after a certain period. Probably best not to do both at the same time. As for regeneration, I was thinking total destruction would do the job. So yeah, which would be best? Regen working up to the point of being obliterated, or no regen, but some sort of resurrection after a certain period of time, instead?

- You need more weaknesses. For one, the only thing that can counter your abilities is electricity or technology specifically tailored to counter such powers, which you are unlikely to face. Coupled with your presumed immortality, and how powerful your abilities can be, this seems a bit much. Having an abundance of skills makes weaknesses even more important. Talking with OP, the healing (and its other abilities) and the molecular manipulation are two separate abilities unrelated to one another. Characters cannot have two distinct powers.

More weaknesses? I'll see if I can cook up some sensible weaknesses, then (also open to suggestions regarding said potential weaknesses). So regeneration is unrelated to molecular manipulation? Guess I was thinking of one of the alternative names for regenerative healing factor on powerlisting (molecular regeneration). I guess clarifying things can't hurt. I mentioned in the app how the unique molecular structure of his body was the basis behind the molecular-themed abilities he has, but I should probably clarify a bit more about how that was meant to include a form of healing/recovery/molecular reconstruction. Essentially, he has a form of molecular reconstruction stemming from his heart and the core of his nervous system. Not sure exactly about the scientific principles involved in regeneration, but showing how the regeneration is part of the whole molecular manipuation thing, will probably help, right?

As for the skills, I can probably nip a few off to make it more reasonable. Probably best to get rid of lockpicking, knowledge of poisons, stealing and maybe a few of the other things. Perhaps cooking? Not really a skill that's likely to be relevant in a fight. I guess I added the medical knowledge bit since it would probably be linked to knowledge of torture/anatomy and whatnot. I guess just packing torture/medical/anatomical knowledge together as one skill would make the skills list a bit less voluminous. Same with information gathering and observation/surveillance being combined to count as one skill (since it basically involves the same stuff). I guess I was making the list of skills unnecessarily long?

Not sure if any of the stuff in my reply here is too much or not, but if it is, feel free to shoot any of these ideas down. I sometimes get a bit ahead of myself with these things.
Last edited by Nea Videssos on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Postby The Empire of Tau » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:00 pm

Shadowwell wrote:First I need to know concrete dates from some of these things, when was he with DARPA, when was Eve finished, etc. He is super intelligent, but has a neurological disorder?

For the dates, do you want me to stay right here or edit it into my app?

As for his neurological disorder - yes, he has one. I essentially took my real-life neurological disorder that I have and inserted it into this character. His condition (and to that extent, mine) only deals with physical aspects of his body - not mental. His brain is normal and functioning when it comes to mental capacity and thinking.

Shadowwell wrote:I find it doubtful that DARPA would allow someone with a disorder which could cause issues during their work.

Reasonable assessment. I could have have Simon work for some-kind of robotic firm instead, or I could try to argue your point. Which one do you want?

Shadowwell wrote:Why did you choose the MAA?

I randomly chose it.

Shadowwell wrote:Eve would need a character app, since her importance and relevance seems to warrant as such.

Well do.
Last edited by The Empire of Tau on Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:02 pm

Part of the issue with the regen was that it allowed his blood and such to affect others. if the characters abilities related to healing that would be one thing, but breaking it down, the character could achieve super speed, Thermal/heat manipulation and intangibility in addition to the healing. While yes they would all be connected technically by the power, the regen was the only one which stood out as not dealing inherently with molecules.

What does his regeneration factor feed off of to rebuild his body?

Additionally, please have the weaknesses contained in the relevant section instead of interspersed within the powers themselves. This just makes them easier to find and reference for myself and others.

The issue with the skills was the shear number of them in the short amount of time they had lived.

Will get back to you about the rest after convening with my Co-OP's.
The Empire of Tau wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:First I need to know concrete dates from some of these things, when was he with DARPA, when was Eve finished, etc. He is super intelligent, but has a neurological disorder?

For the dates, do you want me to stay right here or edit it into my app?

As for his neurological disorder - yes, he has one. I essentially took my real-life neurological disorder that I have and inserted it into this character. His condition (and to that extent, mine) only deals with physical aspects of his body - not mental. His brain is normal and functioning when it comes to mental capacity and thinking.

Shadowwell wrote:I find it doubtful that DARPA would allow someone with a disorder which could cause issues during their work.

Reasonable assessment. I could have have Simon work for some-kind of robotic firm instead, or I could try to argue your point. Which one do you want?

Shadowwell wrote:Why did you choose the MAA?

I randomly chose it.

Shadowwell wrote:Eve would need a character app, since her importance and relevance seems to warrant as such.

Well do.

In the app if you would please.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nea Videssos
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:25 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Part of the issue with the regen was that it allowed his blood and such to affect others. if the characters abilities related to healing that would be one thing, but breaking it down, the character could achieve super speed, Thermal/heat manipulation and intangibility in addition to the healing. While yes they would all be connected technically by the power, the regen was the only one which stood out as not dealing inherently with molecules.

What does his regeneration factor feed off of to rebuild his body?

Additionally, please have the weaknesses contained in the relevant section instead of interspersed within the powers themselves. This just makes them easier to find and reference for myself and others.

The issue with the skills was the shear number of them in the short amount of time they had lived.

Will get back to you about the rest after convening with my Co-OP's.

Ah, that bit about his blood healing other people was just a little side thing I probably shouldn't have added (basically me thinking of something that might make others/organisations and such want to target him). That can be edited out easily enough. I guess it's more heat generation rather than full manipulation as such, but yeah, I see what you mean there. I guess I missed the bit about super speed? The molecular oscillation ability isn't meant to give him some Flash-esque superspeed sort of thing.

I'll move the weaknesses over to the right section.

As for what the regen feeds off... haven't really thought about that lol. Maybe it feeds off the energy/molecules in his body at first, then anything his body is in contact with, and after that any energy in the immediately surrounding environs (e.g. heat, kinetic energy, etc). If there's no energy to use and he's too injured to do anything, he'll be stuck in a dormant state until the situation changes. Just an idea I came up with off the top of my head, so it might be too strong, or just stupid/impractical.
Last edited by Nea Videssos on Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:26 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Endem wrote:By the way, what would you say if I apped policemen, just your standard cop with no powers

You could do that, might be difficult to get them into the action so to speak.

Alright so I won't do that...
*opens his list of rejected powers*
Let's see...
Last edited by Endem on Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:29 pm

Endem wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:You could do that, might be difficult to get them into the action so to speak.

Alright so I won't do that...
Let's see...

Well they can be a human, just a normal cop would most likely stick to their beat and not get involved beyond what is necessary.

Nea Videssos wrote:-snip-

' but they range from allowing him to skate at high-speeds across solid surfaces'
Though High speeds is relative, it also does not help that the image used on the superpower wiki page for the ability is Flash taking a guy apart by punching them at high speeds.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:36 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Endem wrote:Alright so I won't do that...
Let's see...

Well they can be a human, just a normal cop would most likely stick to their beat and not get involved beyond what is necessary.

Nea Videssos wrote:-snip-

' but they range from allowing him to skate at high-speeds across solid surfaces'
Though High speeds is relative, it also does not help that the image used on the superpower wiki page for the ability is Flash taking a guy apart by punching them at high speeds.

Oh, no, I abandoned the cop idea after you said it would be too difficult to get them into action.
So, I need your input on one idea of a char, so, I need your confirmation if, any type of enhanced speed and any form regeneration ( plus a lot of deformities ) can go together?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse