NATION

PASSWORD

Kremlin 2017: Russian Political RP [OOC/OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

East Meranopirus
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby East Meranopirus » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:42 am

What does the regional leaders map mean? Does it mean if we want to RP as a governor for a party we have to choose a federal subject that is controlled by that party?

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:48 am

Posted
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Russkiya Svyachena
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Russkiya Svyachena » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:34 am

East Meranopirus wrote:What does the regional leaders map mean? Does it mean if we want to RP as a governor for a party we have to choose a federal subject that is controlled by that party?

It’s for NPC leaders, you are allowed to change the parties as long as its reasonable (Having, say, Moscow go communist would be like having California vote Republican)
Russian and Proud!
Наркотик не класс, я еду не хардбасс
This nation is an alternate Russia where Gorbachev never collapsed the USSR, and instead slowly transitioned to a free market
Politics:
Pro: Putinism, President Putin, Russia, Gun Rights, Nationalism, Russian Crimea
Neutral: LGBT Rights, EU, Gorbachev
Anti: USSR, Communism, Lenin, Stalin, Ukrainian Crimea, Racism, Slavic Oppression

Sarderistan
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderistan » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:49 am

Russkiya Svyachena wrote:
East Meranopirus wrote:What does the regional leaders map mean? Does it mean if we want to RP as a governor for a party we have to choose a federal subject that is controlled by that party?

It’s for NPC leaders, you are allowed to change the parties as long as its reasonable (Having, say, Moscow go communist would be like having California vote Republican)

I assume, sir, that the Central region would be a particular UR stronghold? Like the Dixieland for Republicans?

I'm considering to apply as Governor

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
"God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life."
- Romans 2:18

A proud Conservative. I like Trump even though I'm not American.

Russkiya Svyachena
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Russkiya Svyachena » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:24 am

Sarderistan wrote:
Russkiya Svyachena wrote:It’s for NPC leaders, you are allowed to change the parties as long as its reasonable (Having, say, Moscow go communist would be like having California vote Republican)

I assume, sir, that the Central region would be a particular UR stronghold? Like the Dixieland for Republicans?

Central region?
Russian and Proud!
This nation is an alternate Russia where Gorbachev never collapsed the USSR, and instead slowly transitioned to a free market
Politics:
Anti: USSR, Communism, Lenin, Stalin, Ukrainian Crimea, Racism, Slavic Oppression

Sarderistan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderistan » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:27 am

Sarderistan wrote:I assume, sir, that the Central region would be a particular UR stronghold? Like the Dixieland for Republicans?

Central region?

um, moscow, tver, ryazan and its surroundings? Idk what it is called, I did a wikipedia research

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

"God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life."

Russkiya Svyachena
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Russkiya Svyachena » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:29 am

Sarderistan wrote:
Russkiya Svyachena wrote:Central region?

um, moscow, tver, ryazan and its surroundings? Idk what it is called, I did a wikipedia research

Oh the Metropolitan Area, yeah, that’s a UR stronghold, although UR is a catch all party rather than an ideological one, so it really depends on what your politician’s views are to succeed there.
Russian and Proud!
Politics:

Russkiya Svyachena
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Russkiya Svyachena » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:33 am

The Archipelago Territory, sorry to rush ya, but I’ll appreciate you completing the app soon, since the spot of PM is quite important

I’ll give you until 4 PM GMT, and then the spot of PM becomes unreserved again
Russian and Proud!
Politics:

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:58 am

Russkiya Svyachena wrote:The Archipelago Territory, sorry to rush ya, but I’ll appreciate you completing the app soon, since the spot of PM is quite important

Ok, thanks! I’ll go quickly. Also it’s not gonna be a Putin-Medvedev relation, he has his own agenda as well, and isn’t a pawn
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:30 am

Is this good? I updated it
YANG GANG 2020

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:57 am

Russkiya Svyachena wrote:The Archipelago Territory, sorry to rush ya, but I’ll appreciate you completing the app soon, since the spot of PM is quite important

Are there any seats good for my char? Should I join CPRF?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:59 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:

The State Duma, Deputy PM, a Cabinet Member, Federal Assemblyman
YANG GANG 2020

Russkiya Svyachena
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Russkiya Svyachena » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:32 am

The Archipelago Territory wrote:(Image)
Character App

Name: Viktor Yakovich Serebrov
Race: Russian
Home subdivision (): Federal City of Moscow
Position in Government: Prime Minister
Party: UR
Short Bio:
Viktor was born in Moscow to a rich family and went to school abroad in England before the collapse of the Soviet Union, where he went and served on the Federation Council. He said he aims to bring the power of growth up to a major party through his appointment by the President. He was a good legislator on the federation council, and while writing no laws, he was a fierce debater and was feared by many as a massive political obstacle, as he could easily filibuster any law. He was a dangerous man to cross, and remains so. In 2016 he met with the President of Russia and was appointed PM. He is a classic United Russia member who believed in a free market but not a capitalist society so the wealth can be redistributed. He refrained from voting on controversial social issues, only voting on ones that he saw as less controversial, but he did vote for laws that made government critics traitors, made a sovereign Russian internet, restricted non-Russian NGOs, and more controversial laws. Many who have criticized him have gone missing, or have been jailed for traitorous behavior. He and the president get along well and Viktor would not try to undermine the President’s agenda. He is, however, considering a run for President and while he is trying to gather public support, he is also trying to get United Russia members to support him, even though he isn’t just one of their pawns. He is the face of Russian dictatorship, and since he is feared State Duma members will vote for any law he publicly supports, trying to gather an endorsement.

Intentions: improve Russia’s social and economic aspects, but do anything to stay in power

Was he appointed by Zhirov or Nechayev?

Other than that, this looks good
Russian and Proud!
Politics:

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:51 am

Here's the first go at an oligarch, let me know what needs work.

Character App

Name: Arkady Isaakovich Sapozhnik
Race: Russian Jew
Home subdivision: Sverdlovsk Oblast
Position in Government: N/A
Party: United Russia
Short Bio: Arkday Isaakovich Sapozhnik was born in Yekaterinburg, then known as Sverdlov, in 1969. He grew up not knowing his father, who left for Israel due to the 1968 anti-semitic purges in the aftermath of the Six-Day War, and was instead raised by an uncle that worked in the nearby metallurgical plant. The teenage Sapozhnik often assisted his uncle at this factory outside of school, which he used as an opportunity to steal metals and sell them at a cut price to other factories in the city.

Upon finishing his secondary education Sapozhnik was called up in the draft, being conscripted into the Navy for three years, with the first half of his service spent on oceangoing ships. When docked he would steal luxuries and sell them on to his fellow seamen in parternship with a superior officer. This partnership continued when he was stationed at Kronshtadt Naval Base near to Saint Petersburg during which time he attempted to transform this into a legitimate business selling imported goods such as jeans, cosmetics, foodstuffs and toys. As his wealth grew, he started to invest in local Saint Petersburg businesses and later nationally. Back in Yekaterinburg, he invested heavily in the abandoned military factories of his home city, converting them to produce consumer goods. Factories that once made rifles and tanks now produced washing machines, dishwashers, and computer parts. Shipyards that had once been involved in building nuclear submarines were instead making pumps for oil fields or producing double-hulled tankers in partnership with PepsiCo.

In 1994 Arkady struck up a 'business relationship' with a former higher-up in the now-defunct Ministry of Oil and Gas, who held contacts with Boris Yeltsin. Together the two were able to persuade the President to allow them to combine a refinery and oil drilling business into one company. The resulting 'loans for shares' auction the following year left Sapozhnik and his partner in control of one of Russia's biggest oil companies that could generate profits of hundreds of millions of dollars. Shortly before dying a few years later, his partner sold his shares to Sapozhnik at a dramtically reduced price. After the turn of the century Sapozhnik sought to get involved in the other industries, purchasing in 2000 the giant aluminium smelter in Krasnoyarsk from some investors who wished to escape the 'aluminium wars', a conflict amongst the metal magnates. Although he is owner of two of Russia's largest companies involved in oil and mining respectively, he prefers to keep his ownership secretive. Sapozhnik relies on trusted allies for the day-to-day running of his companies and keeps the ownership hidden under multilayered offshore companies.

Thanks to this newly found immense wealth, Sapozhnik began to accumuluate influence within the Russian government from from the late 90s. After Yeltsin's resignation, Sapozhnik quickly sought to strike up a friendship and align himself with the new President Sergei Zholdin. For a short time Sapozhnik was elected as a member of the Duma before serving one term as Governor of Sverdlovsk Oblast 2003-2007, heavily investing in the region using his own money to help significantly improve living standards. Sapozhnik did not seek re-election afterward, instead focusing upon trying to cultivate a western-friendly image via philantrophic activities and build an international profile through his involvement in sport - he owns a London-based English football club and was influential in the winning bids of Sochi and Moscow for the 2014 Winter Olympics and 2018 Football World Cup respectively. However, in a recent interview with Bloomberg Sapozhnik suggested that he had grown "bored" with his current life and teased another foray into politics out of a "genuine desire to help ordinary Russians".

Personal Life: Unmarried and without children. Closet bisexual. United Russia loyalist due to financial incentives but is personally socially liberal and privately sympathetic to Yabloko. Primary residence is in Moscow but spends much of his time living in London where he has non-dom status.
Intentions: Increase wealth. Support friendly United Russia candidates. Keep those who seek to take fortune and seize assets out of power. Re-assume political office.
Last edited by Yaana Noore on Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:57 am

The Archipelago Territory wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Are there any seats good for my char? Should I join CPRF?

The State Duma, Deputy PM, a Cabinet Member, Federal Assemblyman

I mean specific seats that I should run in.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Russkiya Svyachena
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Russkiya Svyachena » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:47 am

Yaana Noore wrote:Here's the first go at an oligarch, let me know what needs work.

Character App

Name: Arkady Isaakovich Sapozhnik
Race: Russian Jew
Home subdivision: Sverdlovsk Oblast
Position in Government: N/A
Party: United Russia
Short Bio: Arkday Isaakovich Sapozhnik was born in Yekaterinburg, then known as Sverdlov, in 1969. He grew up not knowing his father, who left for Israel due to the 1968 anti-semitic purges in the aftermath of the Six-Day War, and was instead raised by an uncle that worked in the nearby metallurgical plant. The teenage Sapozhnik often assisted his uncle at this factory outside of school, which he used as an opportunity to steal metals and sell them at a cut price to other factories in the city.

Upon finishing his secondary education Sapozhnik was called up in the draft, being conscripted into the Navy for three years, with the first half of his service spent on oceangoing ships. When docked he would steal luxuries and sell them on to his fellow seamen in parternship with a superior officer. This partnership continued when he was stationed at Kronshtadt Naval Base near to Saint Petersburg during which time he attempted to transform this into a legitimate business selling imported goods such as jeans, cosmetics, foodstuffs and toys. As his wealth grew, he started to invest in local Saint Petersburg businesses and later nationally. Back in Yekaterinburg, he invested heavily in the abandoned military factories of his home city, converting them to produce consumer goods. Factories that once made rifles and tanks now produced washing machines, dishwashers, and computer parts. Shipyards that had once been involved in building nuclear submarines were instead making pumps for oil fields or producing double-hulled tankers in partnership with PepsiCo.

In 1994 Arkady struck up a 'business relationship' with a former higher-up in the now-defunct Ministry of Oil and Gas, who held contacts with Boris Yeltsin. Together the two were able to persuade the President to allow them to combine a refinery and oil drilling business into one company. The resulting 'loans for shares' auction the following year left Sapozhnik and his partner in control of one of Russia's biggest oil companies that could generate profits of hundreds of millions of dollars. Shortly before dying a few years later, his partner sold his shares to Sapozhnik at a dramtically reduced price. After the turn of the century Sapozhnik sought to get involved in the other industries, purchasing in 2000 the giant aluminium smelter in Krasnoyarsk from some investors who wished to escape the 'aluminium wars', a conflict amongst the metal magnates. Although he is owner of two of Russia's largest companies involved in oil and mining respectively, he prefers to keep his ownership secretive. Sapozhnik relies on trusted allies for the day-to-day running of his companies and keeps the ownership hidden under multilayered offshore companies.

Thanks to this newly found immense wealth, Sapozhnik began to accumuluate influence within the Russian government from from the late 90s. After Yeltsin's resignation, Sapozhnik quickly sought to strike up a friendship and align himself with the new President Sergei Zholdin. For a short time Sapozhnik was elected as a member of the Duma before serving one term as Governor of Sverdlovsk Oblast 2003-2007, heavily investing in the region using his own money to help significantly improve living standards. Sapozhnik did not seek re-election afterward, instead focusing upon trying to cultivate a western-friendly image via philantrophic activities and build an international profile through his involvement in sport - he owns a London-based English football club and was influential in the winning bids of Sochi and Moscow for the 2014 Winter Olympics and 2018 Football World Cup respectively. However, in a recent interview with Bloomberg Sapozhnik suggested that he had grown "bored" with his current life and teased another foray into politics out of a "genuine desire to help ordinary Russians".

Personal Life: Unmarried and without children. Closet bisexual. United Russia loyalist due to financial incentives but is personally socially liberal and privately sympathetic to Yabloko. Primary residence is in Moscow but spends much of his time living in London where he has non-dom status.
Intentions: Increase wealth. Support friendly United Russia candidates. Keep those who seek to take fortune and seize assets out of power. Re-assume political office.

This is really good, and pretty much sums up generic Russian oligarchs IRL with a bit of a twist.

Accepted
Russian and Proud!
Politics:

Russkiya Svyachena
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Russkiya Svyachena » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:51 am

For your character currently, if he’s going for the current party, then he’ll probably pick up a seat in a Red Belt regional parliament but nothing more than that. In CPRF, he might get regional leadership or a Duma seat from any of the more moderate Red Belt subjects, specifically Chechen Republic and its surrounding regions.

Red Belt, btw, is the area in the south near the southern borders that is generally more economically conservative (Keep in mind that in Russia, left wing economics are considered conservative while right wing economics are progressive)
Last edited by Russkiya Svyachena on Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Russian and Proud!
Politics:

Russkiya Svyachena
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Russkiya Svyachena » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:03 am

The Archipelago Territory wrote:Is this good? I updated it

Sorry, I forgot to say you’re

Accepted

The question I asked was just for reference, you can post in IC now
Russian and Proud!
Politics:

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:05 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Are there any seats good for my char? Should I join CPRF?

For your character currently, if he’s going for the current party, then he’ll probably pick up a seat in a Red Belt regional parliament but nothing more than that. In CPRF, he might get regional leadership or a Duma seat from any of the more moderate Red Belt subjects, specifically Chechen Republic and its surrounding regions.

Red Belt, btw, is the area in the south near the southern borders that is generally more economically conservative (Keep in mind that in Russia, left wing economics are considered conservative while right wing economics are progressive)

Also, btw, with the "Arrest of Gorbachev" thing, that was indeed a real event. Hardliners and Conservatives arrested Gorbachev around 1990 and lost him to Yeltsin's forces.
Please Watch

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:06 am

Character App

Name: Prodniz Kyrlyakov
Race: White/Slav
Home subdivision (Republic, Krais, Oblast, Okrug): Volgograd Oblast
Position in Government: Member of the Duma, Former Politburo Member (Trade Union)
Party: Leader of the CPRF
Short Bio: Born in Kaliningrad to the son of a war veteran (who himself was a general), Kyrlyakov was raised with a tough childhood, having a military-esque personality. Whilst not having a full-on general personality, and seeking to go on to politics rather than the military, he always saw himself as a militaristic figure. He had disdain for the draconian laws of the Soviet Union and believed that the government should be more open and transparent.

He began his term in the Politburo in 1981, being pro-glasnost but not pro-perestroika, which was considered quite an odd thing. He styled himself as a 'Free Socialist', and led a 34-member bloc known as the New Marxist Tendency, and made long, hard speeches on certain issues, which made him into a cult figure amongst the 'reform left' which were socialist but more liberal socially. Gorbachev, as things began to turn against him, offered him a position of the Minister of Defense, in exchange for the NMT's support. Prodniz considered the position, until the hardliners and conservatives arrested Gorbachev and held him hostage. Seeing Gorbachev's weaknesses, Prodniz removed his support and backed the hardliners instead.

He ultimately lost to Yeltsin's forces, and gained leadership of the CPRF, seeking to bring back the Soviet Union. He got elected to the Duma and attempted to make a run for President, but lost. He's mostly seen as old blood, the type who'd fight for the old union.

In terms of his personal life, he is asexual, once declaring that "my only love is to my country", and he has never been in a relationship nor had sex. He is known for liking French wine, although isn't really an alcoholic. He's mostly a bookworm, sipping his wine as he lounges in front of the fire.

Intentions: Reestablish communism, but without authoritarianism.
Last edited by The World Capitalist Confederation on Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please Watch

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:15 am

The Archipelago Territory wrote:Is this good? I updated it

Sorry, I forgot to say you’re

Accepted

The question I asked was just for reference, you can post in IC now

Thanks! I’m gonna star soon.
YANG GANG 2020

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:22 am

For the roster the PM is technically part of the executive branch as well
YANG GANG 2020

Russkiya Svyachena
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Russkiya Svyachena » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:26 am

Russkiya Svyachena wrote:For your character currently, if he’s going for the current party, then he’ll probably pick up a seat in a Red Belt regional parliament but nothing more than that. In CPRF, he might get regional leadership or a Duma seat from any of the more moderate Red Belt subjects, specifically Chechen Republic and its surrounding regions.

Also, btw, with the "Arrest of Gorbachev" thing, that was indeed a real event. Hardliners and Conservatives arrested Gorbachev around 1990 and lost him to Yeltsin's forces.

I know, it was literally all the news here back in the day

Character App

Name: Prodniz Kyrlyakov
Race: White/Slav
Home subdivision (Republic, Krais, Oblast, Okrug): Volgograd Oblast
Position in Government: Member of the Duma, Former Politburo Member (Trade Union)
Party: Leader of the CPRF
Short Bio: Born in Kaliningrad to the son of a war veteran (who himself was a general), Kyrlyakov was raised with a tough childhood, having a military-esque personality. Whilst not having a full-on general personality, and seeking to go on to politics rather than the military, he always saw himself as a militaristic figure. He had disdain for the draconian laws of the Soviet Union and believed that the government should be more open and transparent.

He began his term in the Politburo in 1981, being pro-glasnost but not pro-perestroika, which was considered quite an odd thing. He styled himself as a 'Free Socialist', and led a 34-member bloc known as the New Marxist Tendency, and made long, hard speeches on certain issues, which made him into a cult figure amongst the 'reform left' which were socialist but more liberal socially. Gorbachev, as things began to turn against him, offered him a position of the Minister of Defense, in exchange for the NMT's support. Prodniz considered the position, until the hardliners and conservatives arrested Gorbachev and held him hostage. Seeing Gorbachev's weaknesses, Prodniz removed his support and backed the hardliners instead.

He ultimately lost to Yeltsin's forces, and gained leadership of the CPRF, seeking to bring back the Soviet Union. He got elected to the Duma and attempted to make a run for President, but lost. He's mostly seen as old blood, the type who'd fight for the old union.

In terms of his personal life, he is asexual, once declaring that "my only love is to my country", and he has never been in a relationship nor had sex. He is known for liking French wine, although isn't really an alcoholic. He's mostly a bookworm, sipping his wine as he lounges in front of the fire.

Intentions: Reestablish communism, but without authoritarianism.

1. Volgograd is way outside the Red Belt, it’s prime reformist territory, look at the maps in the OP for a general idea of where the Red Belt is if you’re unfamiliar

2. He is quite different from the rest of CPRF, I’m having a hard time seeing him being elected leader. He would probably be the face of the more moderate wing, though

Other than these mentioned points, you’re pretty good and well fleshed out
Russian and Proud!
Politics:

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:33 am

He appoints the ministers and the kremlin chief of Staff because he handles the enforcement of the president’s policy
YANG GANG 2020

Sarderistan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderistan » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:56 am

Character App

Name: Boris Vasilevich Konovalov

Race: Russian-Finnish

Home subdivision: St. Petersburg Fed. City (moving to Tver Oblast)

Position in Government: Governor, Tver Oblast

Party: Edinaya Rossiya

Short Bio: Boris Konovalov was born in Saint Petersburg to a medium-class family. His father Vassili Konovalov was a Communist Party regional member and works in the city's administration office. He had a regular but notable childhood, acquiring high grade even in the communist education system standards. He studied at the Moscow Finance Institute (now Finuniversitet - Finance University under the Government of the Russian Federation), and was one of the fortunate enough students to learn the concepts of western capitalism and free markets - the thought that made him despise communism and the Soviet government in particular.

His actions as a critic, while discreet, had taken the attention of the state, and as such, Boris was imprisoned for nearly four years. After his release from prison, he continued a quiet life on the surface albeit with expanding an unofficial networks of Russians that was dissatisfied with the Soviet Union. However, he found Mikhail Gorbachev's government reforms to be acceptable, and he gained a government position in Saint Petersburg and then in the finance department. Despite all this, however, Boris is a man of opportunities - he saw the dissolution of the USSR as a way to gain even more wealth and political position. His local cell of Soviet critics became the backbone of United Russia in Saint Petersburg. He is known as a staunch supporter of Zholdin's and a dedicated capitalist - his tenures and salaries working in the Soviet government and his inheritance spent on acquiring energy company stocks, building a series of retail market stores and else. Being a popular politician, Boris did all the scheming and kidnapping orders to secure his path into Moscow. United Russia had a strong supporters base in Saint Petersburg, and he used the situation as a bargain to gain a seat in the State Duma as Deputy. He spent his time expanding his network of adversaries and amassing even more wealth then; buying more company stocks, pioneering Russia's economic entry to Europe through several proxy companies and all.

However, life was not always so fortunate for Boris Konovalov. Internal disagreements within the party costed him his second Duma run, and diminishing his political actions a bit. Still, he had a long journey ahead as a politician, and moreso backed with his wealth. Boris decided to swerve around and start his political career at the Metropolitan region, spending two years in Tver and running for governor at the third year. He succeeded with a narrow gap from the LDP candidate, and began to plot even more for his eventual ascension into the Kremlin.

Intentions: To gain a Cabinet or the State Duma Chairman position; to expand his wealth and integrate Russia more with Europe, to implement full free-market and capitalist economy in Russia (like in America)

(Appearance coming next)

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse