NATION

PASSWORD

Mass Effect Factions :: Emergence (OOC/Redux/Sign Ups)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kinistian
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinistian » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:09 pm

What was it?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:10 pm

Versail wrote:
Ralnis wrote:I'm dropping from this.

Well... shit there goes that idea.

Right, I forgot about that idea... I just lost inspiration for the RP that's all.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Kinistian
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kinistian » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:16 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Versail wrote:Well... shit there goes that idea.

Right, I forgot about that idea... I just lost inspiration for the RP that's all.

Awww come on ...stick around plot a little bit :)

Versail
Negotiator

Founded: May 21, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Versail » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:20 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Versail wrote:Well... shit there goes that idea.

No problem man, I can always adjust it a bit.
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, Whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or in the holy name of liberty or democracy?~ Gandhi.
http://freerice.com/#/english-vocabulary/2499

Versail
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Versail » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:52 am

Actually I'm curious now.
How many naval assets of Mercenaries could I hire on short notice?
Edit: Assume I don't give a fuck about their origin.
Last edited by Versail on Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, Whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or in the holy name of liberty or democracy?~ Gandhi.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:32 am

Versail wrote:Actually I'm curious now.
How many naval assets of Mercenaries could I hire on short notice?
Edit: Assume I don't give a fuck about their origin.

I can roll up something for you guys.

I'm gonna roll the update regardless of what Omega is gonna do. I'll leave myself a blank post mostly so that I can post their story shenanigans when I write it up.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Kinistian
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kinistian » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:40 am

Sup Nux

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:45 am

Kinistian wrote:Sup Nux

Update is live. That's sup. Go play with your spherical worlds before someone plays pool with them.

Kinistian
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kinistian » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:51 am

Nuxipal wrote:
Kinistian wrote:Sup Nux

Update is live. That's sup. Go play with your spherical worlds before someone plays pool with them.

Did I get an roll?

Versail
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Versail » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:57 am

I'm going to finish editing my month 9 finances since I was in the process of doing that when the update dropped.

Versail
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Versail » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:29 pm

Did that month off of build time get applied to ships currently in construction?
Or does it only apply to those thst began being built in month 10?

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:55 pm

Versail wrote:Did that month off of build time get applied to ships currently in construction?

its applying to new construction.

Versail
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Versail » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:00 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Versail wrote:Did that month off of build time get applied to ships currently in construction?

its applying to new construction.

Gotcha.

Odrin
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Korlus Application

Postby Odrin » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:59 pm

Hi! I'm Odrin, please don't kill me.

Faction: Korlus Planetary Government

Leader: Director Alexander Romau

Citadel Council Member: N/A

Brief description of diplomatic relations: Generally regarded as the trash heap of the galaxy, the Planetary Government holds very little authority outside of the system. While they generally maintain a neutral relationship with most powers, they have been friendly towards corporate and mercenary clients and investors in the past.

Military state of readiness: Basic Policing

History: Originally formed to act as a centralized location for ship-breaking operations, the costs that came along with the operation proved too much for initial investors. While new investors were found, the planet never recovered from its period of lawlessness, sending it spiraling further down its pathway into poverty. In the end, it served the purpose its creators intended, though not the methodology. With the inclusion of the Systems Alliance into the Citadel, Korlus experienced a large influx of new human workers and investment, though the ever present pockets of openly violent resistance quickly restored the status quo, leaving many of the new human colonists stranded and poor. Korlus is a practically lawless planet, nominally ruled over by an appointed Planetary Government, which 'rules' from a small portion of the surface that has been mostly secured. Given the recent changes to the status quo, the current Planetary Director, Alexander Romau, has been pursuing new security measures to ensure the continued independence and prosperity of Korlus. The most recent steps involved the purchase of 85,000 LOKI Combat Mechs, as well as the expansion to the local defense fleet by 12 ships.

Infrastructure and Claimed Worlds:
- Korlus: 3 Urban Areas, 1 Fuel Depot, 4 Mining Complexes, 2 Industrial Complexes, 1 Shipyard, 1 Small Spaceport, Major Mining Complex, 1 Major Industrial Complex, Gambling Den
-Gregas: 2 Mining Complexes
-Quodis: Orbital Fuel Station, 2 Aerostadts

Military:
a) On Planet Forces: 5 Militia, 3 Infantry, 17x LOKI Mech Divisions
b) Space Fleets: 2 Destroyers, 2 Transports, 2 Mining Ships, 6x Frigates, 6x Light Cruisers

RP Example:
Today, the Planetary Directorate has announced that, given the current crisis, new emergency protocols will be implemented to ensure the continued security and prosperity of the Recycling Center of the Galaxy. In a rare public appearance, Director Alexander Romau revealed that new measures will soon be implemented, focused on the expansion of the current planetary policing forces and the implementation of a stricter series of customs regulations.

While these measures have been met with some criticism, the primary cause of concern is in regards to the ability of the Planetary Government to actually implement its intended reforms. While these new measures may be commonplace on other planets, Korlus has long been a haven of unrestricted trade and travel. Many fear that these new measures are simply unfeasible and will result in a waste of money and time in the long run.

Perks:
Recycling Center of the Galaxy - Recently rebranded by the Korlus Tourism Bureau, Korlus is attempting to revive itself after being named as a trash heap of a planet. That being said, there is plenty of scrap metal around to fuel industry for centuries to come. Industrial Complexes and Major Industrial Complexes produce +2 and +3 credits per month respectively.

Prefabricated Ship Components - Korlus is littered with various ship parts which can easily be reassembled and put into service. Medium and Light Ships cost 10% less and take 1 month less to produce.

Debuffs:
Sinister Reputation - Number two in the Terminus for murder per capita, Korlus isn’t exactly a safe place to raise a family, and because of this it is quite difficult to attract anyone to come visit or live on the planet who could go live on Illium instead. Urban areas and Trade Routes produce 5 less credits each.

A Garbage Scow with a Climate - It’s no secret that most of the galaxy looks down on Korlus and the ships that get broken up there are not state-of-the-art. As such, finding usable upgrades in the wrecks is nearly impossible. Starship Upgrades cost 10% more.

Starting Purchases:
2 Mining Complexes-20
1 Major Mining Complex-30
1 Major Industrial Complex-40
1 Urban Area-100
1 Gambling Den-50
2 Aerostadts: 400
1 Orbital Mining Station-100

Infantry Forces:
-17 LOKI Mech Battalions-34

Space Forces:
6 Lights Cruisers-132
6 Frigates-54

Overall Income:
25+75+28+14+5+120+15+18+15+25+60+14+70+30=514
Last edited by Odrin on Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:40 am, edited 4 times in total.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:55 am

Odrin wrote:Hi! I'm Odrin, please don't kill me.

Brief description of diplomatic relations: Generally regarded as the trash heap of the galaxy, the Planetary Government holds very little authority outside of the system. While they generally maintain a neutral relationship with most powers, they have been friendly towards corporate and mercenary clients and investors in the past.

History: Originally formed to act as a centralized location for ship-breaking operations, the costs that came along with the operation proved too much for initial investors. While new investors were found, the planet never recovered from its period of lawlessness, sending it spiraling further down its pathway into poverty. In the end, it served the purpose its creators intended, though not the methodology. With the inclusion of the Systems Alliance into the Citadel, Korlus experienced a large influx of new human workers and investment, though the ever present pockets of openly violent resistance quickly restored the status quo, leaving many of the new human colonists stranded and poor. Korlus is a practically lawless planet, nominally ruled over by an appointed Planetary Government, which 'rules' from a small portion of the surface that has been mostly secured. Given the recent changes to the status quo, the current Planetary Director, Alexander Romau, has been pursuing new security measures to ensure the continued independence and prosperity of Korlus. The most recent steps involved the purchase of 85,000 LOKI Combat Mechs, as well as the expansion to the local defense fleet by 12 ships.

- Korlus: 3 Urban Areas, 1 Fuel Depot, 4 Mining Complexes, 2 Industrial Complexes, 1 Shipyard, 1 Small Spaceport, Major Mining Complex, 1 Major Industrial Complex, Gambling Den

Military:
b) Space Fleets: 2 Destroyers, 2 Transports, 2 Mining Ships, 6x Frigates, 6x Light Cruisers

RP Example:
Today, the Planetary Directorate has announced that, given the current crisis, new emergency protocols will be implemented to ensure the continued security and prosperity of the Recycling Center of the Galaxy. In a rare public appearance, Director Alexander Romau revealed that new measures will soon be implemented, focused on the expansion of the current planetary policing forces and the implementation of a stricter series of customs regulations.

While these measures have been met with some criticism, the primary cause of concern is in regards to the ability of the Planetary Government to actually implement its intended reforms. While these new measures may be commonplace on other planets, Korlus has long been a haven of unrestricted trade and travel. Many fear that these new measures are simply unfeasible and will result in a waste of money and time in the long run.

Perks:
Recycling Center of the Galaxy - Recently rebranded by the Korlus Tourism Bureau, Korlus is attempting to revive itself after being named as a trash heap of a planet. That being said, there is plenty of scrap metal around to fuel industry for centuries to come. Industrial Complexes and Major Industrial Complexes produce +2 and +3 credits per month respectively.

Prefabricated Ship Components - Korlus is littered with various ship parts which can easily be reassembled and put into service. Medium and Light Ships cost 10% less and take 1 month less to produce.

Debuffs:
Sinister Reputation - Number two in the Terminus for murder per capita, Korlus isn’t exactly a safe place to raise a family, and because of this it is quite difficult to attract anyone to come visit or live on the planet who could go live on Illium instead. Urban areas and Trade Routes produce 5 less credits each.

A Garbage Scow with a Climate - It’s no secret that most of the galaxy looks down on Korlus and the ships that get broken up there are not state-of-the-art. As such, finding usable upgrades in the wrecks is nearly impossible. Starship Upgrades cost 10% more.

Starting Purchases:
2 Mining Complexes-20
1 Urban Area-100
1 Gambling Den-50

Infantry Forces:

Space Forces:
6 Lights Cruisers-132
6 Frigates-54

Overall Income:

We'll give you a shot. Welcome aboard. You can have two 'preparatory' months of spending before the current month, so that you can catch up a little bit with everyone else's economy.

Odrin
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Odrin » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:23 am

Before I make any actions, can I ask if anything of note has occurred in the Eagle Nebula yet? Current events will likely have a pretty big effect on my policies, so I figured I should ask before committing to any specific course of action.
Last edited by Odrin on Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:47 am

Odrin wrote:Before I make any actions, can I ask if anything of note has occurred in the Eagle Nebula yet? Current events will likely have a pretty big effect on my policies, so I figured I should ask before committing to any specific course of action.

Hmm, yes, one thing - the Batarians attempted to open a Relay nearby, and canonically Korlus' fleet and the Salarians stared them down until they backed out of the action.

That's about it though. Right now you're in a good place, since the Omega-Council conflict has declared the Eagle Nebula as a neutral zone, so you won't have haring war-fleets knocking about your space. The Renegade Geth are also on the far side of the galaxy and all.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Kinistian
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kinistian » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:13 pm

Odrin wrote:Hi! I'm Odrin, please don't kill me.

Military:

RP Example:

Perks:

Debuffs:

Starting Purchases:
2 Mining Complexes-20
1 Urban Area-100
1 Gambling Den-50

Infantry Forces:

Space Forces:
6 Lights Cruisers-132
6 Frigates-54

Overall Income:

Welcome

Odrin
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Odrin » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:36 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Odrin wrote:Before I make any actions, can I ask if anything of note has occurred in the Eagle Nebula yet? Current events will likely have a pretty big effect on my policies, so I figured I should ask before committing to any specific course of action.

Hmm, yes, one thing - the Batarians attempted to open a Relay nearby, and canonically Korlus' fleet and the Salarians stared them down until they backed out of the action.

That's about it though. Right now you're in a good place, since the Omega-Council conflict has declared the Eagle Nebula as a neutral zone, so you won't have haring war-fleets knocking about your space. The Renegade Geth are also on the far side of the galaxy and all.

Thanks for the quick reply! Do you know if I am allowed to use my starting funds to develop other systems in the Eagle Nebula? Also, I posted a refined bio in the Archives area, if it shouldn't be there or there is something I need to change, would you be willing to give me a heads up?

Kinistian wrote:
Odrin wrote:Welcome

Thanks for the welcome!
Last edited by Odrin on Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Versail
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Versail » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:24 pm

So like what are Destroyers?
Under armored cruisers?
Up Armored frigates?
Something else?

Kinistian
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kinistian » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:18 pm

Versail wrote:So like what are Destroyers?
Under armored cruisers?
Up Armored frigates?
Something else?

Think destroys as being glass cannons . Significant fire power for their size but fragile.

Versail
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Versail » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:28 pm

Then I think I'll be building a fuck ton of them.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:41 pm

Versail wrote:So like what are Destroyers?
Under armored cruisers?
Up Armored frigates?
Something else?

Usually, destroyers were deployed in groups by themselves, designed for long range operations against either commerce raiders or as escorts for heavier groups to prevent light ships with close range armaments from making it through the perimeter screen. The term originates in “torpedo boat destroyer”.

So, in ME parlance, they’re meant for killing fighters and frigates.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:11 pm

Can I create a faction?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Odrin
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Odrin » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:23 pm

I've used the money from my two prep-months to invest in, among other things, a fully upgraded minor space station. Given that I'm Korlus, I've decided that this is the 'capitol' of sorts for the planetary government. My current plan is to use my new assets to secure portions of the planet and restore law and order. How extensive should I be in describing this process and, given the resources I have available, how much of the surface can I expect to secure this month?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse