NATION

PASSWORD

Mass Effect Factions :: Emergence (OOC/Redux/Sign Ups)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:30 pm

Faction:Frigor Collective
Leader (No party members): Mostly the Collective holds a council of the leaders of the Clans of the Collective. They do have a Asari VI by the name of Mother that helps them make decisions and care for the modified Vorcha like a true mother would.
Citadel Council member Y/N or N/A:N to N/A mostly since they may wish to join the Council to represent the Vorcha or be an associate but their expansive research into biotechnology and augmentation is heavily illegal and they would zealously defend their right to research.
Brief description of diplomatic relations: Formal contact with the galaxy has not been reached but they have periodically tapped into galactic communications.
Military state of readiness: low, they don't have any need to and their entire culture is centered around science than their normal brutality.
History: The Collective came from the descendants of Vorcha clans who were brought up by the Asari charity Mind and Hand. These clans on Parsac were the few rare ones that they weren't culturally violent but still died before they could truly become civilized as they worked the mines for Asari mining companies that used the charities. The clans at one point had came up with an idea to buy their own colony ship and ship their children with the knowledge and ability to grow outside of their brutal culture. After many years, many sent their strongest broods in a generational colony ship supervised by a VI the future Collective called Mother.

The colony ship was sent off with Mind and Hand's help with flora and fauna from various garden worlds but the Vorcha clans secretly hired a hacker to cut off the transponder signals so that the clans can grow without interference from the galaxy and finally become the greatest of their species.

The colony had a five year journey till it crashed landed on Klendagon because of a pirate attack. Those that survive hid in the wreckage and reactivated Mother to help them make a home here. From the makeshift colony, they couldn't get their transponder working so they were on their own truly. Instead of reducing into the common Vorcha society, Mother managed to hold them together and taught them to be civilized. From this, they started to attribute smartness instead of physical attributes as they developed a more stable society until someone found a large hole in a mineshaft that led to a large cavern.

They took the ship technology they scavenged and made an underground home which grew over the decades as they became more of an intellectual society hidden from the galaxy. Over the course of their process, there was experiments on themselves to understand how adaptive is the Vorcha DNA. What came out of it was a spiral drop of mad scientist expirement that turned their society into a mixture of mutations and making them develop a deep tradition of biomechanical augmentation. The Vorcha themselves don't even look like Vorcha but something different at times, but still consider themselves such.

The Frigor Collective was named by after the Vorcha goddess Frigor, goddess of agriculture and medicine. The Collective continue to experiment on themselves and even developing polymer that can be cultivated and is as durable than most things in the galaxy. They turned this by finally creating their own ships based off the mass effect technology to finally try to explore the galaxy. Their main hopes are to unite with the Vorcha, find the fable Asari like Mother and eventually step foot on the floating heaven known as the Citadel, hoping to explore the very secrets of the universe and continue their biological modification ascendance.
Infrastructure and Claimed Worlds (Claimed worlds =/= Owned Worlds): Klendagon is the only known world.
Military:
a) On Planet Forces(Ground Battalions and Docked Ships): They wouldn't have a navy but security and servitors can be a defense force.
b) Space Fleets (If orbiting a Planet state: 'Orbit of ____". Stationed Ground Battalions go in Transport.):

RP Example: I'm the dumbass who ruined the Batarains
Questions and Suggestions: Don't kill me to bad.
S13
Last edited by Ralnis on Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Electic
Envoy

Founded: Aug 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Electic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:27 pm

Tagging. Always glad to see an original rp surge back to life.
I'm a proud member of the Dark Light Family

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:35 pm

Electic wrote:Tagging. Always glad to see an original rp surge back to life.

o/

What sort of faction are you interested in playing as?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Electic
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Electic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:42 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Electic wrote:Tagging. Always glad to see an original rp surge back to life.

o/

What sort of faction are you interested in playing as?

o7

Well I'm pleasantly surprised to see the Salarians are unoccupied. I've sent Nux a TG. Didn't get to play as them last go around I was in MEF. Might be my chance now.

Kinistian
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinistian » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:06 pm

Evening. Anyone on?

Electic
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Electic » Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:17 pm

Just me and the space chickens

Kinistian
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kinistian » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:05 pm

Electic wrote:Just me and the space chickens

U want to be the Salarians right?

Electic
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Electic » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:08 pm

Kinistian wrote:
Electic wrote:Just me and the space chickens

U want to be the Salarians right?

Yep. Holding off on the app until I get a TG back from Nux. Don't want to go full bore into it, just to be told I'm ineligible.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:08 pm

Electic wrote:
Kinistian wrote:U want to be the Salarians right?

Yep. Holding off on the app until I get a TG back from Nux. Don't want to go full bore into it, just to be told I'm ineligible.

Oh, Nux is out for the foreseeable future as of this evening, I'm afraid.

I'll go ahead and happily say you can app for the Salarians. Slap 5k extra on top of their current starting Credits.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:11 pm

Ralnis wrote:Faction:Frigor Collective
Leader (No party members): There is no true leader as all are connected to each other and form a democratic system similar to the Geth. Since they haven't been found out by the galaxy as of yet they don't have a representative leader.
Citadel Council member Y/N or N/A:N to N/A mostly since they may wish to join the Council to represent the Vorcha or be an associate but their expansive research into biotechnology and augmentation is heavily illegal and they would zealously defend their right to research.
Brief description of diplomatic relations: Formal contact with the galaxy has not been reached but they have periodically tapped into galactic communications.
Military state of readiness: low, they don't have any need to and their entire culture is centered around science than their normal brutality. They do hold Asari with a degree of reverence because of Mind and Hand and the VI that raised them had an Asari image.
History: The Collective came from the descendants of Vorcha clans who were brought up by the Asari charity Mind and Hand. These clans on Parsac were the few rare ones that they weren't culturally violent but still died before they could truly become civilized as they worked the mines for Asari mining companies that used the charities. The clans at one point had came up with an idea to buy their own colony ship and ship their children with the knowledge and ability to grow outside of their brutal culture. After many years, many sent their strongest broods in a generational colony ship supervised by a VI the future Collective called Mother.

The colony ship was sent off with Mind and Hand's help with flora and fauna from various garden worlds but the Vorcha clans secretly hired a hacker to cut off the transponder signals so that the clans can grow without interference from the galaxy and finally become the greatest of their species.

The colony had a five year journey till it crashed landed on Klendagon because of a pirate attack. Those that survive hid in the wreckage and reactivated Mother to help them make a home here. From the makeshift colony, they couldn't get their transponder working so they were on their own truly. Instead of reducing into the common Vorcha society, Mother managed to hold them together and taught them to be civilized. From this, they started to attribute smartness instead of physical attributes as they developed a more stable society until someone found a large hole in a mineshaft that led to a large cavern.

They took the ship technology they scavenged and made an underground home which grew over the decades as they became more of an intellectual society hidden from the galaxy. Over the course of their process, there was experiments on themselves to understand how adaptive is the Vorcha DNA. What came out of it was a spiral drop of mad scientist expirement that turned their society into a mixture of mutations and turning their very underground city as a living body that's biomechanical in design. The Vorcha themselves don't even look like Vorcha but something different at times, but still consider themselves such.

The Frigor Collective came to being as they worship the goddess Frigor, Vorcha god of Agriculture, fertility and medicine as a stance of their extensive modifications allowed them to form a decentralized network from their minds and can work without leadership in a true democratic state.

Now on the advent of making living weaponry and living starships, they finally seek to explore and understand the galaxy. Their first wish is to find the fabled Asari of their Collective's myth,maybe even see the mythic Citadel if they can.
Infrastructure and Claimed Worlds (Claimed worlds =/= Owned Worlds): Klendagon is the only known world.
Military:
a) On Planet Forces(Ground Battalions and Docked Ships): They wouldn't have a navy but security and servitors can be a defense force.
b) Space Fleets (If orbiting a Planet state: 'Orbit of ____". Stationed Ground Battalions go in Transport.):

S13

Hmm. The history worked for me until you hit the mutations and biomechanical systems, as the collective consciousnesses. That's extremely technologically advanced and wouldn't make sense with the Vorcha barely capable of spaceflight in canon. I'd rather have it be a tradition of biomechanical augmentation, with recent advances creating starships. If you want to head that way that's fine, but starting there is a bit too far fetched.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:23 pm

Ralnis wrote:Faction:Frigor Collective
Leader (No party members): There is no true leader as all are connected to each other and form a democratic system similar to the Geth. Since they haven't been found out by the galaxy as of yet they don't have a representative leader.
Military state of readiness: low, they don't have any need to and their entire culture is centered around science than their normal brutality. They do hold Asari with a degree of reverence because of Mind and Hand and the VI that raised them had an Asari image.

They took the ship technology they scavenged and made an underground home which grew over the decades as they became more of an intellectual society hidden from the galaxy. Over the course of their process, there was experiments on themselves to understand how adaptive is the Vorcha DNA. What came out of it was a spiral drop of mad scientist expirement that turned their society into a mixture of mutations and turning their very underground city as a living body that's biomechanical in design. The Vorcha themselves don't even look like Vorcha but something different at times, but still consider themselves such.

The Frigor Collective came to being as they worship the goddess Frigor, Vorcha god of Agriculture, fertility and medicine as a stance of their extensive modifications allowed them to form a decentralized network from their minds and can work without leadership in a true democratic state.

Now on the advent of making living weaponry and living starships, they finally seek to explore and understand the galaxy. Their first wish is to find the fabled Asari of their Collective's myth,maybe even see the mythic Citadel if they can.
Military:

S13

Hmm. The history worked for me until you hit the mutations and biomechanical systems, as the collective consciousnesses. That's extremely technologically advanced and wouldn't make sense with the Vorcha barely capable of spaceflight in canon. I'd rather have it be a tradition of biomechanical augmentation, with recent advances creating starships. If you want to head that way that's fine, but starting there is a bit too far fetched.

That's fine I just wanted to have a biopunk Vorcha faction like I wanted to have in the old days. Guess they can go as far as being able to grow biomechanical starships as their highest achievement right now?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:30 pm

Ralnis wrote:
That's fine I just wanted to have a biopunk Vorcha faction like I wanted to have in the old days. Guess they can go as far as being able to grow biomechanical starships as their highest achievement right now?

Oh I like the biopunk idea - its just not something we should start you with with no effort. I wouldn't say whole starships - probably just individual augmentation and perhaps some cultivated polymer plates for ground units. That'll put you ahead of most of the galaxy, but with room to grow.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:34 pm

Ralnis wrote:

Oh I like the biopunk idea - its just not something we should start you with with no effort. I wouldn't say whole starships - probably just individual augmentation and perhaps some cultivated polymer plates for ground units. That'll put you ahead of most of the galaxy, but with room to grow.

That works for me, I will do a grand sweep of the app and then get back to you.

Kinistian
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kinistian » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:45 pm

So Nux is gone or will be back?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:44 am

Kinistian wrote:So Nux is gone or will be back?

Will be back, G is just overseeing things.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Electic
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Electic » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:38 pm

Will have the Salarian Union up and ready for inspection tomorrow :p lot of number crunching, and I'm taking it easy the rest of the night.

Versail
Negotiator

Founded: May 21, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Versail » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:48 am

Electic wrote:Will have the Salarian Union up and ready for inspection tomorrow :p lot of number crunching, and I'm taking it easy the rest of the night.

So fast question.
Are you going to continue the anti-human diplomacy that the previous salarian dude had?
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, Whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or in the holy name of liberty or democracy?~ Gandhi.
http://freerice.com/#/english-vocabulary/2499

Electic
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Electic » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:20 am

Versail wrote:
Electic wrote:Will have the Salarian Union up and ready for inspection tomorrow :p lot of number crunching, and I'm taking it easy the rest of the night.

So fast question.
Are you going to continue the anti-human diplomacy that the previous salarian dude had?

Probably not, if theres no provocation. We are great friends with our Asari overlords though.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:42 pm

Yo G, is the Biopunk Vorcha app good now?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:47 pm

Ralnis wrote:Yo G, is the Biopunk Vorcha app good now?

Yes, those edits seem to be in order. Nux can gainsay this when he gets back, but I think that'll do - we'll pencil you in under the Renegade Human Colony template, minus the Frigates and extra-planetary infrastructure, and with a free Research Station. I'll workshop the pros and cons with Nux tomorrow when he has time.

Electic
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Electic » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:49 pm

Ralnis wrote:Yo G, is the Biopunk Vorcha app good now?

Yes, those edits seem to be in order. Nux can gainsay this when he gets back, but I think that'll do - we'll pencil you in under the Renegade Human Colony template, minus the Frigates and extra-planetary infrastructure, and with a free Research Station. I'll workshop the pros and cons with Nux tomorrow when he has time.

Oi, Nux didn't give the Salarians a direct starting credit rating. It just says ask GM. Permission to continue as I was, and use 4000, based on the Asari's starting 4200.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse