NATION

PASSWORD

A Warm Welcome from London [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Eggistaan
Envoy

Founded: Dec 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eggistaan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:55 pm

Elanor
9:23
"Evidence warehouse" Police station

The warehouse most of the time was quite boring for Elanor, being a land-ship she was quite cramped plus she was more used to fighting in a war where the constant barrage of gunfire kept you entertained but that was a lot of time ago, wasn't it? Elanor shrugged mentally, how are you supposed to understand when your a mark V land-ship? Maybe the mark VIII's she saw in the army camp were able to understand the concept of time? Well this wasn't as important as the fact someone was opening the warehouse doors. Light seeped in, revealing the two faces invading her privacy, one she had seen many times, constable Billy Jones and a face unknown to her. Jones crept up to her and rested his hand on her track while turning to the man she didn't know;"Been here since the 40's, we got it off some thugs trying to rob a bank, they changed the engine out for steam..." Elanor was quite confused on the enthusiasm as he hated her since she came in but all made sense in the end when he asked for a price. This meant only one thing,

It was time for another adventure...
I'm sorry for all the people who saw the redefinition of stupidity when I was playing as Hatootehland back in 2015. I was eleven then, yes, I was eleven.

Lessoni
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:17 am

Marshall and Anderson's office

"So glad you all could make it, though I would prefer you knock next time Mr. Smith. Now, onto business.", said Marshall.

He pulled a sheaf of papers from out of a drawer in his desk, reading from them for a moment before handing them to Anderson.

"I'm sure you've all seen your fair share of robberies, but this one takes the cake. One of the largest banks in London, London Central, got knocked over about a week back. It was a clean job. No one even knew they were there. So far, it's been kept under wraps, because London Central was supposed to be impenetrable, and they want to hold on to that reputation. We've been contracted, along with various other teams, to find who did it, meaning we're working against the clock to figure this out before someone else does.", said Anderson as he put the sheaf of papers on the desk. They were packets of paper, stapled together and numbered one through three.

"Each packet contains information on a different point of interest to the case. Packet one has everything you'll need to know about the bank itself, along with any evidence that's been collected insofar. Packet two has the locations of informants who may be able to shed a little light on the case. And packet three has the locations of hideouts of gangs that could've pulled this off. We'll let you decide what leads you want to follow. Any questions?", asked Anderson.
Pebis

The Felan Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Felan Federation » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:15 am

Alicia Wundfra/Teufelsengel

Alicia had remained there, the rather unassuming dancer, granted she had come along wearing a jacket this time about - to not show off too much skin and have some of their companions make or do something stupid, that they might regret.

The black-haired woman soon started chuckling, after hearing out all the evidence and soon enough, when it came to questions - she soon asked one at that. "London Central? Impenetrable? Please. Give me a year, and I can likely do the same - without even those working knowing they are gone. We seem to have one for the case itself, one for suspected gang, one for informants. I ask...where is the fourth one? For those working in the bank?" she hummed, slowly adjusting her black lipstick. "You see. The best and strongest door made of metal and anchored by steam pistons - can be easily unlocked, if one has the key...or has asked the owner to open the door..."

"Any building can be impregnable. Usually the weakest link in that chain, is the spring between the door and the key..." she said, namely thinking that this job must have or likely had someone aiding them from the inside. It wasn't out of the ordinary, since she had a few jobs that required infiltration. Into locations assumed secure or safe. "...men can be easily bought. Doesn't have to be coin or money, a nice favor or nice pair of legs - can easily make anyone throw their moral code in the Thames River..."

Kragholm Free States
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kragholm Free States » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:21 am

Luther Carrington

The professor nodded, absent-mindedly adjusting his eyepatch as he thought. “I’m inclined to agree that it seems likely. Whether someone at the bank was persuaded to assist, or whether one of the conspirators managed to gain employment there in preparation, an inside man would make such a robbery considerably easier.”

He glanced down at the packets laid out on the desk. The corner of his mouth twitched upwards in a half-smile. “There is another possibility, of course. Whoever orchestrated this heist must have had access to a considerable amount of information about the bank itself, an informant network able to scout out the building and spy on its employees, and the identities and whereabouts of a team of thieves capable of actually infiltrating the bank, robbing it, and escaping without being detected.” Luther gestured to the three packets, turning to address his fellow investigators. “And here we see all of those things before us, in the possession of none other than Mr Marshall and Mr Anderson! What an invaluable bonus it would be if the criminals were able to manoeuvre into the role of detectives for the very bank they had just robbed, wherein they would be free to manipulate the course of the investigation and deftly sidestep any hint of suspicion.” He turned back to the desk. “What say you, good sirs? The perfect crime, no?”
Last edited by Kragholm Free States on Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly New Aerios, Est. 2012.
I don't use NS stats, here's my perpetually WIP factbooks.
Obligatory Political Compass:
Econ: 3.88 (R), Soc: -4.97 (L)
Civil Libertarian, Monarchist, Decentralist, Economic Localist, Englishman.
Old posts not necessarily representative of current views.

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:28 am

Kragholm Free States wrote:Luther Carrington

The professor nodded, absent-mindedly adjusting his eyepatch as he thought. “I’m inclined to agree that it seems likely. Whether someone at the bank was persuaded to assist, or whether one of the conspirators managed to gain employment there in preparation, an inside man would make such a robbery considerably easier.”

He glanced down at the packets laid out on the desk. The corner of his mouth twitched upwards in a half-smile. “There is another possibility, of course. Whoever orchestrated this heist must have had access to a considerable amount of information about the bank itself, an informant network able to scout out the building and spy on its employees, and the identities and whereabouts of a team of thieves capable of actually infiltrating the bank, robbing it, and escaping without being detected.” Luther gestured to the three packets, turning to address his fellow investigators. “And here we see all of those things before us, in the possession of none other than Mr Marshall and Mr Anderson. What an invaluable bonus it would be if the criminals were able to manoeuvre into the role of detectives for the very bank they had just robbed, wherein they would be free to manipulate the course of the investigation and deftly sidestep any hint of suspicion.” He turned back to the desk. “What say you, good sirs? The perfect crime, no?”

Anderson looked up at the professor. "Good theory, if this was our info. I stole it from another team. All's fair in love and war, right? And besides, a quick check of our bank account's will show that Marshall and I are already loaded. Why would we need to rob a bank?", he finished.

"Still, I like your thinking."
Pebis

Kragholm Free States
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kragholm Free States » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:46 am

Lessoni wrote:Anderson looked up at the professor. "Good theory, if this was our info. I stole it from another team. All's fair in love and war, right? And besides, a quick check of our bank account's will show that Marshall and I are already loaded. Why would we need to rob a bank?", he finished.

"Still, I like your thinking."

Carrington laughed. "Would have been disappointingly easy if you pair were the culprits anyway. Might still be worth counting the team you obtained your information from as potential suspects - after all, how did they come by it?" He placed his hand on the corner of the first packet. "I think I should like to pay a visit to the bank before I explore any other avenue of inquiry, though."
Last edited by Kragholm Free States on Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:52 am

Krystyn Warecki

He stayed silent, his service in the UB and then Soviet Intelligence unconsciously made him refrain from questioning. He just strolled towards the packets. Thought, for him the doctor gave up too fast, he remarked, "What if they are lying? How can we have a confirmation they are telling the truth Doc?" He then put his hand on one of the packets. "I'll take care of potential informants, my previous work made me quite experienced in getting stuff out of people". He then took the packet and started reading it.
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Gerdon Laughis
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gerdon Laughis » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:57 pm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ansgar Alfhild, London, Not-On-Time A.M.
First you're a rushin.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ansgar, was late. He knew it, everyone else knew it, and he looked the part. Long her unkempt under his helmet, body armor hastily attached as he scurried out of the Ambessone in Drydock and began quickly making his way to Marshall and Anderson. Large Machine gun in hand, he was an imposing figure that Scotland Yard dare not stop as he bounded through London cutting through alleys and cutting off people dressed in far more layers than the weather prohibited. As he made his way to the M&A office doors he slowly collected himself, and gaining some composure entered the door.

"Mr.Alfhild, the boys are waiting for you." Cindy had said matter of factly, and Ansgar nodded to her. As he walked by, he reached into his bag and placed a bottle of 1940 Italian Red on her desk before opening the door to the office. "Not for your boss."

Ansgar pushed open the door and set foot in the room. Looking around casually, he was dressed in his Icelandic Airmans gear, retrofited to body armor and painted the Skal Blue of the Valkyrie pirates. He took a seat next to Jason, and reached into his bag again, producing a bottle of Schnaps which he placed in front of Marshall. "Im a pirate, not a thief. Now what did I miss."

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:38 pm

"Ah, thank you Mr. Alfhild! We were simply briefing you all on your first job. Mr. Anderson, if you'd like to take over?", said Marshall.

"Right. As I said before, London Central bank got knocked over. That was supposed to be impossible, so they're hiring anyone they can find to figure it out. He gestured at the packets on the desk. "In those packets you'll find information on the bank, information on gangs that could've pulled this job, and information on people who might be able to give us a sense of where to look. You choose what leads you want to follow. Capiche?", said Anderson.
Pebis

Cossack Khanate
Diplomat

Founded: May 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cossack Khanate » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:41 am

Jason Black

Jason nodded “Sounds good, sirs”, reaching for packet one. Turning to the group, he said “Are you all ready to do this?”

Forgive the shortness, I’m in a rush
The Holy Decreeist Empire of Cossack Khanate
We don’t use NS Stats, to do so would be ridiculous. You also can’t check my factbooks...because they are in Google Docs. Tee hee
Council of Free Market Economies ,ReArk Armaments (WIP)
A proud member of the regions Cornellia (IC) and Farkasfalka (OOC).
Proud Monarch of the ♔♚IMPERION COALITION♚♔
Me in not so much of nutshell: The Nutshell

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:54 am

Krystyn Warecki

After studying the first name on the list he rolled the packet and stuffed it inside his jacket's biggest pocket. He knew he was coming for a cop, apparently named John Samuel, working at Precinct 7, a bad part of London. He started to walk out of the office

"If anyone needs me, search me at Precinct 7"

He then walked out of the office and soon enough the building. He aimed his grappling hook at the nearest roof, the hook still had some Dimitri's blood on it, Krystyn decided he will clean it after the case is solved... After some roof hoping he was near Precinct 7. He hooked his grappling hook on the drainage pipe and descended down before the police station. He wasn't in such building... For decades, since his time in Bezpieka, and these stations still gave him some Gestapo flashbacks, he was only 14 when the war happened, how much time has passed since that. He cast off these thoughts and walked into the station. He found someone there who looked like a cop.

"I'm searching for John Samuel, I'm from Marshall and Anderson Private Investigation, I need to give him some questions"

He wasn't expecting the man he just questioned to give him the answer, but he learned one thing from his life, Everyone has a price.

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:32 pm

Precinct 7

The cop eyed him suspiciously. "Who're you, then?", he said.

As he did, a passing cop overheard.

"Oy, you lookin' for me then? Whatcha want, out with it.", said the cop. Booze was on his breath.
Pebis

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:48 pm

Krystyn Warecki

"Smith, Albert" Krystyn said to the first cop before going to Samuel. He seemed cooperative, good. Krystyn followed him and asked "What do you know about a certain bank, London Central" he then thought for a moment, this cop was obviously drunk, he probably was addicted, what's on a alcoholic mind, alcohol, of course, well, he could always take the man for a drink to get him to answer if he refused to

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:51 pm

Precinct 7

"London Central? I've got no idea, not my case, thank god. Though, I'm thinnking I could figure it out if ya make it worth my time, eh?". He smiled, showing gaps in his yellowed teeth. He tottered on his feet.
Pebis

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:38 pm

Dr. Franz Kessel

London. The Imperial capital of the world. That was something the Kaiser and the Fuhrer sought to replicate and made better in the world wars. So close yet so far for “Britannia rule the waves”. But all things come to an end and so did the glorious British Empire. Churchill died this year with a massive funeral in his honor and with him gone, so did the remnants of British Imperialism. No longer the superpower it once was, England passed the torch to America and sadly, the Soviet Union.

At least America was better than the Red Menace. After all, Franz got this trench gun when he used to live in the States. But unlike American cities, London was more cramped. On the plus side, destinations are much closer.

That’s why instead of taking a trolley or taxi, Dr. Franz Kessel walked his way towards the place where the letter from M&A directed him. He didn’t have to worry too much of a robbery. Who would steal from a doctor and what would they steal? Insurance papers? Under his coat, Franz kept his trench gun and MP 40 on him.

He finally reached the door, gave a sharp knock to alert the occupants of the room, and reached down on the handle to open the door. Dr. Franz Kessel whipped out the suitcase he was carrying and set it down on the nearest table.

“Hello!” he greeted the persons already assembled in what seems to be a lobby, “Vu called for me.”

Given Dr. Franz Kessel’s attire, being a dark brown trench coat and beige trousers with black boots, and his suitcase containing syringes, bandages, vials of medicine, and magazines, he looked like he was here to treat a patient with measles or the flu.

“I belieffe zee letter vas zent by vu.” the doctor said in his German accent as he fished out the letter from a pocket in his trench coat.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:54 pm

"Ah, the good doctor! If any of you find yourselves injured, look no further than Dr. Kessel. Anderson, I believe you can brief him further.", said Marshall.

"Alrighty. We've got a supposedly unrobbable bank that got robbed. They've been hiring teams to find out who did it. We got packets containing relevant information. Packet one has info on the bank, and evidence collected so far, packet two had the info on informants who could shed a little light, but one of our investigators saw fit to take that, and packet threee has info on the hideouts of gangs that might be able to pull it off. Pick your lead, and remember we're on the clock.". Anderson lit a cigar and took a long drag.
Pebis

Illegal Planets
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Illegal Planets » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:19 am

The Dwarf and the Giant
London, England
8:05 AM

The pair stood in front of the Marshall and Anderson building. Herschel looked amused. "What do you think, big guy?" Towering above him, arms crossed and frowning, Kenneth gave a low grunt. Herschel grinned up at him, the early morning sun glinting off the lenses of his bifocals. "What were you expecting? A palace? These are hired guns." Herschel wore a black tailored suit, a purple ascot fastened around his neck, held together with a silver pin in the shape of a human skull. Kenneth wore a a simple pair of gray trousers riding high above low boots, a tan vest over a white dress shirt, his sleeves rolled up to the elbows, and a blue bow tie.

Kenneth glowered down at him. Herschel's grin didn't falter. "Give me a smile!" The small man pointed enthusiastically at his own, but his companion's frown merely deepened. Herschel, defeated, let his arms fall back to his sides and turned to study the building again. "Sheesh, alright, alright! Try not to look so..." Herschel glanced once more at Kenneth's face as he glowered silently back at him. "...pissed off. I don't want to scare our employers. Remember, Kenneth, you're a professional."

Herschel started towards the door with his companion shuffling in tow. There was no-one at the front desk. Instead a small sign directed them towards an office. Herschel gave a sharp whistle and waved a hand at the door. The massive, bald man stalked over to the door and gave two solid pounds upon it before opening it for the doctor, who stepped inside with a wide smile on his face.

"Gentlemen!" Herschel clapped his hands together. "Sorry we're late to the party. Those letters you sent were directed to an old apartment of mine. They had to be forwarded to my clinic." His companion stooped as he moved his bulky frame through the threshold behind him. Speaking to the other investigators in the room, Herschel gestured up to the man. "This is my associate, Mr. McLeod. He'll warm up." Kenneth frowned and crossed his arms. Herschel placed his hand over his heart. "I am Doctor Wolf Hexter. Dr. Hexter if you please."
Last edited by Illegal Planets on Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
MDE never dies

”My rock and roll is not to entertain, but to annihilate"

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:55 am

"Hello doctor. Apologies, our directory stated that as you current address. We really must get around to updating it. But no matter, you're right on time! Mr. Anderson, if you don't mind giving your little speech again?", said Marshall.

"Alright. Unrobbable bank got robbed. Information dossiers are right here. First one has info on the bank, second one had info on informants, third one has the hideouts of gangs that could pull it off. You pick your leads. Got it?", finished Anderson.
Pebis

Cossack Khanate
Diplomat

Founded: May 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cossack Khanate » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:16 am

Jason Black

Jason sped down the London street in his nondescript car, his M16 leaned against the back of the passenger seat and packet one and three in his hand. Although it was implied that he should have chosen one packet, he discreetly took both. He wasn’t interested in interviewing people. He was interested in busting up gangs. But first, he had to check out the bank.

He parked his car half a block away from London Central, throwing packet three in a storage box in his car. He checked the info. Staff detail was on the first page, employee names, ages, pays, how long they had been working at the bank, pretty much everything necessary to get a basic idea of the scene. He then flipped to the blueprint page. By this point he had a clear view of London Central, standing off to the side of a wide pedestrian walkway. The blueprint seemed to be pretty much on point.

Time to survey the surroundings. He walked around the bank block and entered the row of buildings from the back. Suddenly, he was halted by a blue-uniformed security guard.

“Hey! You there! Stop!”

Jason reached into his left pocket for an I.D card, flashing it at the guard. “I’m Jason Black, employee of Marshall and Anderson. I need to survey the area”

The guard furrowed his eyebrows. “Well, sir, I can’t let you do that without a warrant from the police”

“I don’t have time for you to call the police, sir, and for them to print out a warrant, and then come and hand-deliver it”, Jason said, snarling.

“And I don’t like your tone, sir,'' retorted the guard….
The Holy Decreeist Empire of Cossack Khanate
We don’t use NS Stats, to do so would be ridiculous. You also can’t check my factbooks...because they are in Google Docs. Tee hee
Council of Free Market Economies ,ReArk Armaments (WIP)
A proud member of the regions Cornellia (IC) and Farkasfalka (OOC).
Proud Monarch of the ♔♚IMPERION COALITION♚♔
Me in not so much of nutshell: The Nutshell

Illegal Planets
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Illegal Planets » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:42 pm

Herschel took the first dossier and began thumbing through it. "Right... Well, the first thing i'll want to do is have a chat with the tellers. Call it a hunch." He collected the other two dossiers and handed them up to Kenneth, who deposited them within his satchel. "I suppose i'll be heading to the bank. Anyone care to join us?" He looked around the room with a curious, amused expression.
MDE never dies

”My rock and roll is not to entertain, but to annihilate"

Endem
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:34 pm

Krystyn and the Informants
co-written by Endem, Lessoni, Union Princes and Mersdon

"So, Samuel, I'm sure you know, something" he looked closer at him, this man was a wreck. Wrecks were easier to manipulate. "I'm certain you like something, and, I know a man who can get you a drink for you of very good quality" he cleared his throat "but before that, tell me everything you know"

"I don't much like the thought of being payed in booze alone. Slip in a bit of cash and we'll call it square, eh?", said Samuel.

"How much?" Krystyn pulled out a stack of banknotes, there were rubles, dollars, franks, zloty, and pounds in there, he started to look through them, "I say, 50 pounds should be okay" these notes were acquired through various means, pounds, and rubles were from his time in Soviet Intelligence, zloty were Poland's currency, and, franks and dollars were acquired in dubious circumstances

"Maybe so. Or maybe a hundred and a quick trip down to the pub for a drink. Sound good, pal?", said Samuel. His smile didn't leave his face.

"Maybe" Krystyn spotted a locket, he grabbed it before the man could react. Opening it he saw, presumably the man's daughter "Your daughter? She is either sick or dead, that's why you are drinking, that's why you're a wreck of a man, now think, what would your daughter think if she saw you now, a man that is only caring about what booze is in front of him, what would your daughter think?" He then looked at the man's both arms, no ring, even a wedding one "that solves the case of your daughter, and, you're also divorced, because of your drinking problem" he handed the locket back "if you continue on this path soon enough your job will be gone too, so, for once, do the right thing and give me the information I need"

Samuel got angrier as his words went on. "I ever see you in here again, yer dead. You hear me. Dead. Get out, 'fore I put a bullet in you.". He drew his gun and leveled it at Krystyn.

"Would your daughter want you to kill?" Krystyn seemed unmoved by the gun pointed at him, it happened to him so many times already it became a pretty mundane experience "Would your daughter want you to become a killer?" Even though he seemed unmoved his hand did go to his pocket and grabbed on to his gun

"Awful bold for a man about to die.". Samuel seemed on the verge of pulling the trigger when two cops grabbed and pinned him. One of them turned to Krystyn.

"Oi, the hell you doing? Get outta here, 'fore we throw ya out!", he said.

"I'm trying to question him, but, he wanted too much for the information, now, will you please let me get this information from him... Or I have a better idea, what you gentleman know about London Central?"

"Nothing you need to know, ya nosey bastard. Now, get out 'fore we make ya'". The man put his hand on the truncheon on his belt

"I'm not getting out anytime soon unless you tell me, now, you two fine gentlemen, would you like a 50 pounds each for info?"

"We weren't asking. Outta here, now.", said the officer.

"F*ck you all" Krystyn said to the policeman, he then went out of the building, he was angry, why did using Samuel's own emotions against him didn't work... Krystyn wished him the worst, he then took out the papers and looked at the list

The next guy, a criminal, by the name Jack Dredd, industrial district, some kind of factory, pretty easy. Krystyn then did some roof hoping to eventually find himself on the roof of this factory, finding him will be easy, just wait 'till he shows up

Jack walked through the streets, heading to his usual hang out. He had a meeting lined up, a list of corrupt cops that a certain friend of his wanted. He arrived, walking through the door and taking a seat in his office, looking through the list one last time.

Hearing some doors in there Krystyn knew. Time to meet the guy, using his hook he descended down. He saw him walking to some office in the factory. Soon enough he was before the doors to that office. He opened them saying in a nonchalant tone with a slightly higher pitch than his usual one "Hello, don't be afraid, I'm just a new guy to the crime biz, the name's Luc Chapman, but you can call me Luck Chap, so, 'cause you're more experienced in this stuff I wanted to ask for some help" he closed the door "so, I'm planning to go big, before I sticked with the small stuff, but, now, I want to challenge the unrobbabilty of London Central, and I thought you would have some info"

"Well, who went and gave you my card, eh? Doesn't matter, you got cash? Make it quick, I got a meeting soon.", said Jack

"Of course I got cash, the only questions here is how much you want"

"Alrighty, in what currency? I got Pounds, Dollars, Rubles, Franks and Zloty"

"Pounds, a course."

"Here" Krystyn handed the man 500 pounds, from his previous "interrogation" he thought it would be easier just to pay the man, and, criminals were harder to put pressure on

"Well alrighty then. Looks like we're in business. Whatcha want to know?", said Jack, putting the money in his desk.

"Security, how much do ya know 'bout security there, and are there holes in it?"

"Pretty much unbreakable, unless ya've got a key to the sewer. The damn dolts who made it never bothered to close up a manhole they built it on top of. Or, you could blast your way in, but you'd have every cop in the city on top of ya.", said Jack.

"Sewers?" Krystyn paused for a moment "How very interesting... Now, how much do you think I would need to pay some banker or security guard to let me into the vault?"

"More than ya got, I can guarantee. They get paid through the gills, 6 or 7 figures if I recall. You'd have an easier time getting into a nun's dress.", said Jack with a chuckle.

"Alright, you may or may not heard, there was robbing in there, classified stuff, I've robbed some private investigators and stumbled across this info, Who, do you think, could pull it off"

"Oh, someone broke in? I somehow doubt it, but let's entertain this fantasy of yours. The Bishops, maybe, or the Razerbacks. I've heard of them pulling some damn good stealth jobs. Or it might've been the employees having some fun. But of course, this is all just talk. You get me?", said Jack. His expression was unreadable

"Yes, thank you, Jack, I'll be on my merry way" he shifted to his normal tone "But before I go, would you like giving these 500 back for some protection, against Private Investigators"

"I don't think I get your drift, friend.". He grasped the shotgun under his desk, double barreled.

"Hehe, you see, I have some influence over Private Investigators, and I offer you protection from them"

"I'll take my chances. Now, I'm going to ask you one more time. Get out of here.". He didn't take his hand off the gun.

"Alright" he exited the room, and after that the building, he then used his grappling hook to get on the roof and took out the list, "who's next?"
Krystyn looked through the papers, a mafia boss, better get someone, he made some roof hoping to eventually get back to the office, entering it he said "okay, I need one volunteer for the next informant on the list"

"Oh!" Dr. Franz Kessel saluted, "Zat vould be me!"
"Vat am I folunteering for?"

"Great, you're volunteering to help me question a mafia boss about that bank heist, now come with me" he pulled the doctor outside the building and directed his hand with the grappling hook to the roofs "ready?"

"Jawhol! let's ko!"

Hearing this Krystyn using the hook got on the roof "follow me" he then started hoping from roof to roof

"Zis is lot harder zat it looks." the German doctor contemplates as he followed Krystyn as they jumped on top of roofs. Dr. Franz Kessel tried very hard not to slip on a loose tile while they made their run.

As the two approached the address written down, they would find an imposing mansion, all in gaudy green and black. It was quite an eyesore, really. Guards kept rifles pointed at the gate, ready to fire on a moment's notice.

"Oooo, fancy blace zis is!" the doctor said as he examined the architecture.

Krystyn descended down the nearest roof grabbing the doctor with him, he then approached the gate and said to the guards "Hello fine gentleman, I wish to speak to your boss, I and my friend here mean no harm, if you don't believe us, we can deposit our weapons while we are there"

"Is it vize to do zo?" Dr. Franz Kessel whispered to Krystyn.

"What's yer business, eh?", said the guard, brandishing his rifle.

"I don't know and don't worry, I won't give them all the weapons" he whispered to the doc " I need to give your boss some questions, regarding London Central"

"Who ya with?". The guard didn't seem too inclined to let them in.

"He's vith me! I'm ein doktor." Dr. Franz Kessel spoke up, presenting his medical license from his suitcase.

"I don't seem ta recall Pekka wantin' a sawbones.", said the guard.

"If he vanded his pones zaved, he vould pe zetting up ein Habointment at zee hosbidal." the doctor replied. "Ve're here to check up on him. To zee how he is doing healthvize."

"Doc, I'll do the talking, I don't think the gentlemen over here meant literal sawbones"
"So, our business is very simple, we need some answers to our questions, we don't mean any harm to you or your boss, harming him or you is of no interest for us"

"I don't much think we should let ya in. Go on, scram. Fore' we make ya.". The guard relaxed, seemingly not scared.

"Oh, I'm sure you should"
Krystyn then whispered to the Doc "do you have any guns on you?"

"Ja"

"Prepare it, but don't take it out"

"Zey're halready loated." The doctor whispered back.

Krystyn than shifted back to the guard "You see, we are investigators, though, I'm sure you figured that out already, we currently don't believe your boss was involved in the crime we are investigating, but, if you don't let us, you make him look like the prime suspect, and, I think your boss wouldn't like it if you two lead to that"

"Well... no, the boss can handle anything gettin' thrown at 'im. He'll take his chances. Now, leave.". The guard shouldered his rifle.

"I'm sure he can, but, he would still not be pleased with anyone making him look bad, would he?"

"If I let ya in, will you stop bothering me?", said the guard.

"Yes"

The guard lookes to both sides, seeming to come to a decision.

"Fine, go in."

Krystyn pulled the Doc with him, soon enough they got their way to the mansion and entered it, Krystyn spoke to himself "wonder where's Pekka's office" Krystyn approached a random person there "Excuse me, where is the boss'es office"

"Up the stairs, last door at the end of the corridor."

Frances Chappell trotted in, slightly out of breath. She rummaged inside her purse, looking for her fake papers and a small stack of gold sovereigns. "Hello sir," she said. "I'm with the sawbones over there. Do you mind if you let me in?"

"Awright, head in."

"Thank you" Krystyn then pulled the Doc upstairs and before the office, before entering he knocked on doors

"Thank'y, sir. I'll just be a moment." She crossed the threshold and put the sovereigns and paper back into her attache case. Whistling, she trotted over to the meandering pair and stayed back as they entered the mafia don's office.

"Oi? What's all this then?", said Pekka, looking up from the gun he was cleaning.

"Just some questions fine gentleman, I need to know everything you know about London Central and who might have been able to pull off a heist on it"

"I'm not at a liberty to reveal that, you get me?", said Pekka.

He then looked at the new arrival "I didn't expect a second person" he whispered to the gal
Krystyn then turned to Pekka "What is it that takes the liberty away?"

A click could barely be heard in the background, as the Dame cocked her weapon, muffling it somewhat successfully with her gloved hand.
"Damn it, you gits!" she muttered, trying to get the blasted steam firearm to load.

Krystyn turned again to the girl "don't even dare to do it" he said to her

Frances looked shocked. She blushed a deep shade of red. "Oi! You shocked me! Go back to talking with him; I'll just be a moment." She softly put back the weapon into her greatcoat's breast pocket, and watched the proceedings intently.

"No, give me the gun, this is a mafia boss we are speaking to, if he feels endangered, he'll kill us"

"And why the hell you bringin' guns in my home, ya broad?", said Pekka, indignant.

"There's no need for him to feel that way; sorry, I'm a bit jumpy." she said. Turning to the boss, she muttered, "I feel a bit unconfident that you won't hurt us. This is just a guarantee of my safety; there's no need to worry if you don't try us."

"She brought a gun, not me" Krystyn lied but, he didn't have a way of knowing because he wasn't stupid enough to try and load it near him
"You would not need to feel unsafe if you didn't try to load a goddamn gun near a mafia boss"

Frances turned beet red, but held her peace. "Indeed. It's a bit too late for that, innit?"
She turned to Pekka. "Search him, if you'd like. See who's being the hypocrite here, I must say."

"Yes it is"

Smirking, she turned towards Krysten and started whispering to him. "Hand me your weapon. I've already been outed; if he catches you in your lie you are going to be one hurtin' puppy."

Krystyn became angered by her "you are endangering the whole thing if it was my previous job, you would be already dead"

"Sorry, but I'd say the same thing about you. It wasn't my fault you left early with the Doctor. Speaking of which, where is he?"

"He's here" Krystyn pulled the doc by arm to make him face the girl

"Oh! It's a pleasure to see you again, Dr. Kessel. It's been a while since med school."

"Alright, both of ya shut it. Obviously, we got off on the wrong foot. You know each other, I can tell that. The hell you want?", asked Pekka.

Turning towards the boss, Frances said,"whatever he wants."

"We don't know each other, we just work in one job"
"Okay, so, as I said, we just need to ask you some questions, about London Central mainly, what do you know about it?"

"As I said, I'm not at liberty to discuss it. However, if ya pay me, I'll sing like a canary.", said Pekka. He'd always had a reputation for getting to the point.

"How much and in what currency?"
"I have Pounds, Dollars, Rubles, Franks and Zloty"

"A grand in pounds."

"Numbers? 100, 200?"

"A thousand, ya dolt. You got it?"

"I think so" Krystyn pulled out the stack of banknotes he had on him, it was enough, though, he was more than a half of his pounds away, "Here" he handed them to the man

"Alrighty then. Let's talk. I don't know who did it, or I'd have them in my employ, but I know who would know.", said Pekka. A mischievous grin was on his face.

"Who?"

"The bank manager, Owen Crackon. Corrupt to the very core, he is."

"Huh, though, I did hear someone talking that no one that doesn't have at least 1 000 000 at disposal would not be able to buy anyone from that bank"

"Then you got lied to. They get payed trash there, I pay my men more."

"If that's true, then, it's time to pay a certain Jack Dredd a visit, but, anyway, do you know anything else?"

"Nothin'. I'll see you on yer way, then."

"Have a good day sir" Krystyn then got back to Marshall's and Anderson's office with the doc and the girl and spoke to its owners "I've got some clues"
Last edited by Endem on Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:12 pm

Anderson stood up suddenly, as if remembering something.

"Sorry to leave so sudden, but I have business to attend to. See you all when I can."

With that, he was out the door, moving towards the warehouses owned by the police. He had a purchase to make.

"Hello Jones. I'm here for the... you know what it is.", said Anderson.

"I'll need to see the money first, if ya don't mind.", said Jones. Anderson wordlessly produced a stack of bills.

"Then let's get to it, friend."

Jones led him into a warehouse, opening the door and letting light stream in.

"Been here since the 40's, we got it off some thugs trying to rob a bank, they changed the engine out for steam... 'er name's Elanor" said Jones.

"I'll take her.", replied Anderson. And the deal was done.
Pebis

Kragholm Free States
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kragholm Free States » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:48 am

Illegal Planets wrote:Herschel took the first dossier and began thumbing through it. "Right... Well, the first thing i'll want to do is have a chat with the tellers. Call it a hunch." He collected the other two dossiers and handed them up to Kenneth, who deposited them within his satchel. "I suppose i'll be heading to the bank. Anyone care to join us?" He looked around the room with a curious, amused expression.

Luther nodded. "I was going to head off that way anyway, so I may as well accompany you gentlemen." He quickly withdrew a pen and small leather-bound notebook from his jacket, scribbling down a few rapid notes from the contents of the first dossier. A partial backup, in case anything happened to the original. "I'd rather like to go over the vault itself with a fine-toothed comb; see if I can't uncover anything the bank themselves missed."

Lessoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:41 am

The Felan Federation wrote:Alicia Wundfra/Teufelsengel

The black-haired woman soon started chuckling, after hearing out all the evidence and soon enough, when it came to questions - she soon asked one at that. "London Central? Impenetrable? Please. Give me a year, and I can likely do the same - without even those working knowing they are gone. We seem to have one for the case itself, one for suspected gang, one for informants. I ask...where is the fourth one? For those working in the bank?" she hummed, slowly adjusting her black lipstick. "You see. The best and strongest door made of metal and anchored by steam pistons - can be easily unlocked, if one has the key...or has asked the owner to open the door..."

"Excellent question Alicia. You should be able to find anything you need on the employees in the bank dossier, but I do encourage you to do some more hands on investigation. Perhaps you can make one of them open up. I do assume that's in you skill set?", asked Marshall with a smile.
Pebis

The Felan Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Felan Federation » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:52 am

Alicia Wundfra/Teufelsengel

"It is...provided they don't get too grabby," she chuckled - likely a warning ahead, that she might get too crazy if any of them tried to do something stupid with her. Granted she kept her mad side in check, as she sook enough picked up the bank dossier - ignoring the people coming and going. Namely she already had her job and needed to finish it.

As she sat back down and slowly started flipping through the details.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse