NATION

PASSWORD

The United Galactic Republic [IC|Sci Fi|Political|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rhyssua
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyssua » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:33 am

The National Dominion of Hungary wrote:
Several Days Ago

Lialora Farixys - Cordovann District, Cosmopolis

Farixys was gave the Sarvolyan a warm smile and a polite nod as he spoke of finalizing the trade agreement, the increased activity on Nexus Station by such esteemed commerical enterprises as the Hegemony Guilds would bring the station much more exposure as a hub of galactic commerce and attract more investment from across the galaxy, benefiting the Union State by shipping ever larger volumes of taxable Outer-Rim goods through it's territory and contracting local shipping firms as middle-men, being instrumental in such an agreement, were it successful would grant her and the Celestial House of Farixys a stronger position and greater political leverage at home. "Must admit I am very exited to see the finalized proposal, I'm sure both our governments will see the sense in signing it and promoting further friendship and profitable commercial relations between the Sarvolyan and Emyaar peoples and if the Grand Council of the Hegemony finds it necessary to make amendments to the deal I'm sure we can reach an agreement." She said and raised her glass in a polite gesture.

Lialora made audible a small laugh at Sarvolyan Senator's half-jest. "Oh indeed, the very purpose of the Republic is to provide trade opportunities throughout this galaxy and reasonably open markets between it's myriad of diverse states, as well as a common defense framework for meeting external threats." She said with a nod in agreement. "I believe that Nexus Station could be a good base from which to grow regular shipping routes to the more distant and isolated Outer-Rim worlds, providing opportunities for all those involved, it is something we could discuss in greater detail later however."

The Thaelic Senator saw Sceptarys look at the dishes they brought in and especially at the plate that the saurian alien placed in front of her. A mixture of largely Thaelic shellfish from the Polar Sea with a side of Axial mushrooms cooked with fiery Sarvolyan spices, a small, edible testament to the cultural melting pot of Cosmopolis where in some districts every single block was so distinct it would feel like one had traveled to a new world light-years away. An intelligent man no doubt, Farixys thought as she slowly, daintily cut a piece of food and started eating, washing it down with a sip of Arinvaric brandy mixed with Thaelic moko juice. Delicious, all of it.

Her manner turned a bit more businesslike as Sceptarys started speaking of the GLEA-Bill, however she still very much retained her calm, amiable composure. "I do see the benefit of a unified galactic law enforcement agency not only to handle... those situations." She said looking up at the roof for a moment, clearly in reference to the titanic warships in orbit around the planet. "However, independent judiciaries are one of the pillars of national sovereignty and there currently is no provision in the GLEA-Act limiting the Republic Police in it's jurisdiction. If amendments to the GLEA were made outlining the jurisdiction of the Republic Police to neutral international space I would be much less concerned about it. Issues regarding jurisdiction could be handled with a Galactic Law-Enforcement Dialogue Authority where national police forces could more easily co-ordinate with each-other and with the Republic Police to limit gaps and serve as a platform for informing about wanted criminals hopping borders or to extradite arrested criminals wanted in other nations, what would you say about this, Senator?"

Sceptarys nodded as he considered Farixys's ideas. He took a bite of his Sarvolyan curry, feeling the kick of a thousand different spices from hundreds of different worlds explode like fireworks in his mouth. Even after ordering the same thing twenty consecutive times, he was still never prepared for it. Delicious, as always.

"I agree wholeheartedly," he said in between bites of curry. "The GLEA bill, while a good idea, was muddled by that unfortunate business between our friends in the sky," he said, pointing up to reference the warships. "The bill also doesn't say anything about a pay plan, nor a Republic-wide court system to prosecute criminals. I plan to have the bulk of the funds for the GLE to come from extra-Republican tariffs, with taxes being proportioned by need. At the moment, domestic development and trade is far more important than any foreign relations. Besides, the last thing anyone wants is to pay for something they don't use."

Sceptarys stopped for a moment, gears turning in his mind. Now, there was an idea... but it could wait until after the election. He shook his head a little, then resumed speaking. Farixys had a good poker face; he wasn't entirely sure whether she sincerely believed in his ideas, or was just saying what he wanted to here.

"The court system will be the tricky part. Normally I don't mind the occasional exchange of money for favors, but in a Republic-wide court system that cannot happen. If it does, it will only be a matter of time before a special interest group or nation takes control of the courts, and possibly even the GLE."

Sceptarys screwed his lip in thought for a moment, then dismissed it. Noticing Farixys's interest, Sceptarys shook his head.

"Just trying to brainstorm," he said. "Anti-corruption legislation is crucial for any court system to work properly, especially one that would mediate between Choria and Axial if things continue as they have."
Yooooo!

Think of me as a mix of Austria-Hungary and Yugoslavia (democratic, of course). How you get the name "Rhyssua" out of that, you ask? Shhhh....

NS stats are wack, so I use NS Tracker: http://nstracker.epizy.com/nation.php?nation=rhyssua

Sarderistan
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderistan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:02 am

Rhomann Valinos

Truth be told, Rhomann did not sure what to make from the meeting. Senator Nuusan had offered his meeting between him and his meeting with Senator Armistay to be combined. While Sceptarys Nuusan had offered Cosmopolis and his home system at first for the meeting, he pulled the former option out - leaving him the only choice of meeting him in the Hegemony planet. He was wary of this, obviously. His own security was paramount, and he cannot make that very sure in Raetaar; he does not even consider it neutral ground. Obviously, Sceptarys Nuusan had come in contact with Armistay, and somehow they had devised a plot together to take him down, with subtlety. Armistay had a massive battleship hanging about Cosmopolitan space, and Nuusan clearly can afford bringing his own ship and guards. He considered looking over Nuusan's competitor if things does not turn the way he's been expecting. Rhomann would certainly not fall for this.

He pulled out his communicator and typed the answer to Senator Nuusan.

-- SECURE LINE --

Honored Senator Nuusan,
With respect, it has come into my attention that the meeting would better be done in Cosmopolis, in regards to it being the Galactic center so that we can coordinate your campaign efforts more closely and throughly. I will certainly be glad, if as you stated before, Senator Armistay of Axial could attend the meeting with us.

Sincerely,
Rhomann Valinos
Galactic Senator of Choria.
Last edited by Sarderistan on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
"God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life."
- Romans 2:18

A proud Conservative. I like Trump even though I'm not American.

Rhyssua
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyssua » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:28 am

Sceptarys sighed when he saw Rhomann's response. He'd been too hasty; giving Rhomann the option to meet under the watchful gaze of his warship was too tempting an offer for him to refuse. Ah well. He looked up at Armistay and shook his head.

"He wants Cosmopolis," Sceptarys said, showing Armistay the message. The Senator seemed uneasy about the prospect, leaning back, away from the message and whatever she was eating. Before she could comment, Sceptarys continued.

"I suggest we let him have his security blanket," he said. "He should know better than to try anything; as big as Choria is, they'd lose in a war against the Republic. But if we're meeting there, then I'm bringing in a ship of my own, for both our sakes. I'll suggest the Rhoad as a meeting place; it's got a little of everything for everybody. Plus, talking over dinner is much better than straight negotiating. We may be able to salvage this yet."

Sceptarys was more curious about Rhomann's plans for the campaign. A discussion meant that Rhomann had ideas to bring to the table, which could make or break Sceptarys's candidacy. Plus, the threat of becoming a Chorian, or Axial, puppet still lingered in the back of his mind. He typed out a reply, then showed it to Armistay. He deliberately made sure the line he prepared was public. Anyone with experience in hacking would be able to read the message. Sceptarys needed that to ensure that the public understood the situation.

"If this meets with your approval, we can leave immediately," he said.

Honored Senator Rhomann,

Of course. I only suggested Raetaar because it would be a location with a less heated history between Axial and Choria. For a specific location, the Rhoad Restaurant is one of the finest establishments on the planet, serving excellent fusion cuisine from dozens of cultures. I highly recommend we meet there, especially since I know we'll be able to talk freely.

If that is to your liking, then me and Senator Armistay will arrive at Cosmopolis aboard the SSDF Free Enterprise, one of the finest ships in the Sarvolyan Self-Defense Force. After dropping us off, the ship will remain within the system, although out Cosmopolis's orbit so that its presence won't be too intrusive.

-Sceptarys Nuusan
Yooooo!

Think of me as a mix of Austria-Hungary and Yugoslavia (democratic, of course). How you get the name "Rhyssua" out of that, you ask? Shhhh....

NS stats are wack, so I use NS Tracker: http://nstracker.epizy.com/nation.php?nation=rhyssua

Russkiya Svyachena
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Russkiya Svyachena » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:13 pm

Droidia, Droids Inc. HQ
Senator Won looked closely at the stock numbers, watching as the two big shipping companies fiercely competed, both were giants in their own industry, as large as Droids Inc is in the robotics industry. This could be taken advantage of, as many droids were useful in the manufacturing business, as well as shipbuilding. He dropped off his reports on the latest stock news to the CEO’s secretary, while he prepared his corporate ship for travel to Cosmopolis. The senate session was about to begin, and he wasn’t going to sit a potentially landmark session out.

Droids Inc had rapidly expanded and become so powerful that the company now had a seat in the largest governing body in the galaxy. The entire corporation had been born from the brilliant mind of Senator Won’s boss, Emily Klacan. He had joined the company in its infancy, and assisted Emily herself in building her empire. He sat into the plush interior of his high tech ship, filled to the brim with droid technology, while his pilot took off to fly him to the capital for the senate session.
Russian and Proud!
Наркотик не класс, я еду не хардбасс
This nation is an alternate Russia where Gorbachev never collapsed the USSR, and instead slowly transitioned to a free market
Politics:
Pro: Putinism, President Putin, Russia, Gun Rights, Nationalism, Russian Crimea
Neutral: LGBT Rights, EU, Gorbachev
Anti: USSR, Communism, Lenin, Stalin, Ukrainian Crimea, Racism, Slavic Oppression

United Auroran Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby United Auroran Empire » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:33 pm

Leah Armistay sighed and nodded. "This is the bets outcome thats really possible I believe. This is good. However though," she looked down at the Republic Issued communicator.It was announcing the new Senate."You have a debate to get to. Thank you for your time Senator. When we next meet I expect to call you by a different title." Armistay stood and shook the hand of Sceptarys before leaving through the back doors of the restaurant. Into the private spaceport that is attached to the resort end of her restaurant. Food was so good people just had to stay to have more. She climbed into her Starfighter (after checking for tampering) and jetted off into the stars. Back to Cosmopolis. Back to the dangerous snake pit of the galaxy.

She wondered if this is why all the Female senators look so worn while only being middle aged.

Rhyssua
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyssua » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:46 pm

Due to the ship's design, its deceleration process was a lot faster than large capital ships. As a result, neither the Axial nor the Chorian ship noticed the vessel streaking towards them until it had crossed into the Cosmopolis system. At 395 meters (~1300 feet) long, the Free Enterprise was one of the largest and most powerful ships in the Hegemony's navy, featuring plasma cannons, laser beam banks, and even a small payload of antimatter warheads. Of course, the warheads were currently disarmed, since this was technically just a transport mission. But the old saying went, Si cupis pacem, para bellum. If you want peace, prepare for war.

It had taken a LOT of favors for Sceptarys to get to use the ship; he sincerely hoped that it wouldn't see any action.

The ship's captain, a fiery young Sarvolyan by the name of Nyccolo Maachi, knocked on Sceptarys's door when they entered the system. Straightening his suit and preparing a winning smile, Sceptarys stepped out of his (the captain's) quarters and made his way towards the bridge. Once he got there, one of the ship's officers handed Sceptarys a microphone.

"Open a channel to both the Chorian and Axial ship," Sceptarys said. Captain Nyccolo gave a small nod to the comm officer, indicating that the order was okay. The comm officer opened the channel, then gestured for Sceptarys to speak.

"Greetings fellow members of the Republic. This is the SSDF Free Enterprise. This vessel is transporting me, Senator Sceptarys Nuusan of the Sarvolyan Hegemony, to Cosmopolis for the 753rd Senate session. Once I am on the surface of Cosmopolis, the Free Enterprise will withdraw from the system. I encourage other vessels to do the same. May the opportunities be plentiful."

"Well," Sceptarys said as he left the bridge and boarded a shuttle. "Here we go."
Yooooo!

United Auroran Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby United Auroran Empire » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:04 pm

Aboard the Rexlander's Mercy

Leah Armistay prepared herself. She had slept, dressed, and written out numerous note-cards for her introduction. As well as any response for the expected questions. Her past, her experience, her relation to Roxlany, her future plans, her curious lack of public record , etc etc...
She would have with her a guard as she entered the senate, however she dismissed it. She needed to not appear to the public afraid and scared. Her outgoing personality should not affect her real one. And to do that, she had to do something she really did not want to do.
She walked the bridge and came to the Captain. It was all anyone called him, no one knowing his real name. He stood alert, looking upon display and display. Monitoring the ships systems and exteriors. He was trained in every form of ship-combat, had attended the highest admiralty schools of the galaxy. He knew his enemy well and was said to never be surprised.
What Armistay said made him double take.
"You want us to leave?." He asked in a questioning voice.
"Yes captain. I need to appear to the Republic as someone who is not afraid of the problems facing them and someone to move beyond the paranoia they think all of us inhabit. Having a warship in orbit would only make me look bad and in turn reflect poorly on our entire nation. You can go to the system just over from here, it just matters if you're here."
The Captain rubbed his chin. He thought on it hard.
"The King said to provide protection to the best ability we can. He also said to follow your orders. Hmmm" the captain grumbled.
He finally answered, "Fine. But we will return the minute the senate is out of session. You'll be returning to Axial at the end of this session. King's orders."
Armistay gave a weak smile." Give me at least a week after the Senate ends so I can hash-out friendship with the Chorians first?"
"Fine."
Armistay shook the hand of the Captain then left for her transport.
The previous Senatorial transport was destroyed when Roxlany was killed. As well as the staff. So she would have to move herself.
Armistay climbed into yet another of Roxlany's personal starship collection. Perhaps the rarest starship of all. However, it is very controversial.
Long ago, when Axial and Choria didn't hate eachother, they came together to create a joint starfighter. It wasn't the best looking spacecraft but she flying it for a different reason.
To bring two nations together.
That, and the starship was built like a tank and moved like a bullet. ( A combination of Axial strength and Chorian speed.)
And as she headed her way down, the Rexlander's Mercy bent space around it and soon it was gone.

The National Dominion of Hungary
Minister

Founded: May 31, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The National Dominion of Hungary » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:01 am

Several Days Ago

Lia nodded as Sceptarys elaborated on the payment plan for funding a Republic Police force, taking a small sip of her drink in between small munches on her food as she savored the fine combination of flavor resulting from the expert mingling of spices and ingredients. "I believe as much as possible of the GLA should be funded by extra-Republic tariffs, if some states invest more than others the organization would be more beholden to the states in question and that... well..." She put her drink down, thinking. "Oh how do the humans say... yes, open up a whole new can of worms. Disproportionate funding from various member states could be used to secure similarly disproportionate influence over the GLA, no matter how the money is raised, it is something that needs to kept in minds if we are trying to create an organization serving the entire Republic."

The Sarvolyan Senator had good ideas, an intelligent man no doubt. Someone who she could support in the bid for Speaker with a good conscience, someone the Celestial Caste back on Thaelin could support as they would appreciate as little interference from Cosmopolis as possible in the plans for Emyaar expansion and sphere-building throughout the Union State's local area of the galaxy.

Senator Farixys leaned back slightly in her chair, deep in thought. "Well, Senator Nuusan, a court system would be needed if we are to make any efficient use of a pan-Republic police force, crimes committed in international-space would primarily be sentenced in such a court I imagine. And in regard to the issue of corruption, this may be a controversial thing but the accounts of any persons employed within the pan-Republic court of law could be made a matter of public record to ensure transparency. I realize it's a violation of privacy and the minutiae would have to be discussed more in depth later."

After this, Senator Farixys leaned forward, her calm, composed gaze meeting the Sarvolyan Senator's eyes firmly. "Now, Senator Nuusan." She looked around for a moment. "Regarding the Speaker's seat, I would very much like to support your bid and aid you in your campaign, I believe that you policies would do most good to the Republic while eroding as little sovereignty from the member states as possible. But, I would like an assurance that a vote is held regarding an amendment to the GLEA-Act regarding the jurisdiction of the GLA and regarding the formation of a Galactic Law Enforcement Dialogue and Coordination Center for police forces to cooperate with one-another and the Republic Police while upholding as much independence as possible for the judiciaries of the member-states as the GLEA-Act allows. Would you find something like this agreeable, Senator?

Plotek i medialnych bredni nie daj sobie wmówić,
Codziennie się rozwijaj i nie daj się ogłupić,
Atakowi propagandy stawiaj czoło dzielnie,
Nie daj sobą sterować i myśl samodzielnie.

Mass Effect Andromeda is a solid 7/10. Deal with it.

Rhyssua
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyssua » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:08 pm

The National Dominion of Hungary wrote:
Several Days Ago

Lia nodded as Sceptarys elaborated on the payment plan for funding a Republic Police force, taking a small sip of her drink in between small munches on her food as she savored the fine combination of flavor resulting from the expert mingling of spices and ingredients. "I believe as much as possible of the GLA should be funded by extra-Republic tariffs, if some states invest more than others the organization would be more beholden to the states in question and that... well..." She put her drink down, thinking. "Oh how do the humans say... yes, open up a whole new can of worms. Disproportionate funding from various member states could be used to secure similarly disproportionate influence over the GLA, no matter how the money is raised, it is something that needs to kept in minds if we are trying to create an organization serving the entire Republic."

The Sarvolyan Senator had good ideas, an intelligent man no doubt. Someone who she could support in the bid for Speaker with a good conscience, someone the Celestial Caste back on Thaelin could support as they would appreciate as little interference from Cosmopolis as possible in the plans for Emyaar expansion and sphere-building throughout the Union State's local area of the galaxy.

Senator Farixys leaned back slightly in her chair, deep in thought. "Well, Senator Nuusan, a court system would be needed if we are to make any efficient use of a pan-Republic police force, crimes committed in international-space would primarily be sentenced in such a court I imagine. And in regard to the issue of corruption, this may be a controversial thing but the accounts of any persons employed within the pan-Republic court of law could be made a matter of public record to ensure transparency. I realize it's a violation of privacy and the minutiae would have to be discussed more in depth later."

After this, Senator Farixys leaned forward, her calm, composed gaze meeting the Sarvolyan Senator's eyes firmly. "Now, Senator Nuusan." She looked around for a moment. "Regarding the Speaker's seat, I would very much like to support your bid and aid you in your campaign, I believe that you policies would do most good to the Republic while eroding as little sovereignty from the member states as possible. But, I would like an assurance that a vote is held regarding an amendment to the GLEA-Act regarding the jurisdiction of the GLA and regarding the formation of a Galactic Law Enforcement Dialogue and Coordination Center for police forces to cooperate with one-another and the Republic Police while upholding as much independence as possible for the judiciaries of the member-states as the GLEA-Act allows. Would you find something like this agreeable, Senator?

Scepatrys nodded and dismissed the Senator's concerns with a wave of his hand.

"Of course Senator," he said, washing down of the curry's stronger spices with a glass of water. That proved to be a near-fatal mistake, but Sceptarys managed to control his expression. "Of course. I'll probably roll the jurisdiction issue and the pay plan into one bill, or amendment to it depending on which is easier. After that, the court systems and the dialogue center. I just hope that the taxes I've proposed will be able to cover it."

Sceptarys checked his watch, genuinely surprised at the time. He had other appointments. He raised his hand a little, and Hadryan strode forward with the bill. Sceptarys withdrew his guild card and handed it to Hadryan, who scanned and returned in within the space of a few seconds.

"Now I really am sorry," Sceptarys said, finishing up his curry. "But I have another meeting to attend soon. I'm glad we got this chance to talk and hash out policy, and I of course hope that you'll vote for me."

He smiled and inclined his head, trying to indicate that he meant no disrespect by leaving before Senator Farixys finished. The meeting with Senator Armistay was on a corporate world several systems away; he'd have to hurry to make the meeting, then return in time for the 753rd Senate to begin.

"May the opportunities be plentiful," he said. He gave a friendly nod to her bodyguard, then stood up and exited the restaurant. He had a transport to catch.
Yooooo!

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:56 pm

Vaitil walked outside, going to a park and lighting his opium pipe. He was thinking of what to do now, as people on all sides had thought him out to be a socialist. It wasn't true: in fact, he was the opposite of one, but he was still rather angry and couldn't think of a response. A man walked up to him, and began to talk to him.

"Are you Senator Vaitil?"

"Yes, I am, why?"

The man pulled out a gun and yelled "DEATH TO THE REPUBLIC!" as he shot Senator Vaitil several times across his body, smiling as he took each one.

A man who had been, as he saw it, at the brink of becoming President, laid dead upon the pavement. The man was soon arrested, and he awaited trial. But it made no difference. The Senator was still dead.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:26 pm

After making the grand speech decrying Sceptarys, Res Technica took a call, regarding Vaitil's death. It decided, in Vaitil's honour, to run for President.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Russkiya Svyachena
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Russkiya Svyachena » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:12 pm

Droidia
Emily Klacan’s luxury transport ship landed at the spaceport at Droidia. Owning your own ship and being chauffeured around the galaxy was the ultimate symbol of wealth and power. Emily owned 20. The tycoon clambered out of the craft surrounded by her personal guards. She wore her usual business attire, a simple black top and knee length skirt. Emily was greeted by her secretary, “Welcome Madam. How was the flight?” She asked knowing the question wouldn’t be answered by the CEO, who was much more concerned about the supposed urgency of this meeting.

“It was a good flight. Now, tell me exactly why I’m needed here so urgently? Couldn’t it wait until my usual scheduled visit?” Emily pressed her secretary.

“Many things madam, but the most important thing is the recent stock reports. We received them from Mr Won. It gives very optimistic reports for us... two rival shipping companies are in heavy competition.”

Emily’s pace was not slowed down as one of the trillionaire’s guards quickly opened the door leading into the company’s headquarters. Her presence was commanding, as she quickly called the meeting with company execs. Emily sat at the head of the table, discussing numerous matters until the competition of the shipping companies was brought up.

“Do we need to take a side?” An exec asked.

“Absolutely not, we will support both sides, more profit for us. We have many models of manufacturing droids, very useful for shipbuilding.” Emily replied.

“Bu- The exec was silenced by Emily putting her hand up. “Ask both the companies for contracts regarding manufacturing droids.” Emily told her secretary.

“Yes Madam.”
Russian and Proud!
Наркотик не класс, я еду не хардбасс
This nation is an alternate Russia where Gorbachev never collapsed the USSR, and instead slowly transitioned to a free market
Politics:
Pro: Putinism, President Putin, Russia, Gun Rights, Nationalism, Russian Crimea
Neutral: LGBT Rights, EU, Gorbachev
Anti: USSR, Communism, Lenin, Stalin, Ukrainian Crimea, Racism, Slavic Oppression

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:14 pm

Official Statement from the Hesperian Government - From President Merzden Arcatus

We do hereby affirm Mörz as our senator after the unfortunate passing of Senator Armais. This may seem unusual, however Hesperus appoints "Deputy Senators" which act as deputies and are stand-ins for the Senator, along with performing a number of administrative activities. Thank you.
Please Watch

Christian Confederation
Senator

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

The Christian Confederasion joins the Galactic Republic

Postby Christian Confederation » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:14 pm

President Corbett addresses the Senate
Asteamed Senators, Chancellor i would like to thank y'all for voteing to recognize the CC as the domainant power on our planet over our barbarick nighbors.
Anyways y'all probably have very important things to do, I myself have a pile of bills to sign. So God bless the Confederation, and God bless the Galactic Senate.
I leave the floor to the Senator from CC Johnny Cash.

Senator Cash Thank you Mr. President. As my President said we are honored to be welcomed into the Galactic Senate, and hope to achieve a great amount of good for the Galaxy.
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:30 am

THE ETERNAL EMPIRE

GNN: Urgent News! A second War of the Red Dawn!?!?

The Eternal Empire had awoken from its slumber. Centuries since the War of the Red Dawn, when the forces of the Galactic Republic had clashed with the Eternals, for supremacy of the stars. Such a great war it was where countless legions upon legions of high-tech warriors and psionics on both sides fought in the stars above, and the planet surfaces below for domination of the galaxy. In the end, the coalitions of the Republic were victorious, and the Eternal Empire was defeated and fractured but at a terrible price. The Empire would divide into numerous warring states vying for supremacy.

This all came to an end in Age 754. Emperor Vex Moth had united the warring states of the Eternal Empire and now called for a war on the Galactic Republic. The news would arrive that a massive fleet of warships was moving towards the borders of the Utkete Union. The Republic had grown lazy and forgotten the terrors of war bathing in an economic boom unprecedented in galactic history. Galactic states schemed amongst each other, once the Eternal Empire heard of the horrors of the Chorian terrorist attacks, numerous senator assassinations, and discord within the Republic they struck like a snake against a distracted prey eager to capitalize on the disunity the Republic suffered.

The Emperor demanded one quadrillion credits to avoid war, a steep price, that could prevent the deaths of trillions.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:41 pm

Official Statement from Hesperus - By President Merzden Arcatus

"Hesperus hereby declares DEFCON 2 and we urge all nations in the republic to follow suit. We will now be mobilising our military, introducing conscription and building 200 Raptor-class spaceplanes in the next month. We will be calling on mercenaries to serve for Hesperus, with wages starting at 25 credits an hour. We will pay no ransom and we shall give no surrender!"
Please Watch

Rhyssua
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyssua » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:49 pm

"This business with the Eternal Empire," the Grandee said, sweeping her gaze across the table. "It's not good."

The Grand Council was arranged in a semicircle around the table, their faces masked by the dim light. At the Grandee's statement, several of them shifted in their seats. They glanced between each other, as if waiting for someone else to solve the problem for them

"We need to mobilize what forces we have," another Grandee advised, this voice being slightly higher pitched than the last one. "We should also place orders for more Free Enterprise-class ships. The original has already proven to be exactly what we need; fast, maneuverable, and heavily armed. The more ships we get, the safer we'll be.""

"We should get our shipyards geared for war production then," the first one said. "And build some new ones in the Certiauri system. Same with factories."

"I can get my guild to organize a trust fund in the event the Republic actually considers paying the bribe," another one piped up. "Or one to incentivize war production. Either way."

Official Statement of the Sarvolyan Hegemony

The Sarvolyan Hegemony has begun a total mobilization of their police force. In addition, an open contract has been placed for 50 Free Enterprise-class destroyers. Any nation make take part or all of the order; however, quality will be ensured by the Hegemony guilds.

The guilds have also created two trust funds. One will provide economic incentive for war production in nations of the Republic. The other has raised 250 billion credits to pay the Eternal Empire, if they can provide a suitable reason for it and allow the guilds to do business within the Empire.
Yooooo!

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:43 pm

Sha Katar

"How can we possibly stand against the Eternal Empire? It's suicidal!" Lothgl communicated towards Mmote-Shoki, a cocktail of chemical fluids dripping from his beaked mouth a standard way for Katari to convey their discomfort.

"I have finished talking with the Elders; they have said that collaboration with the Republic is our only hope," said Mmote-Shoki.

"Fine but what of Sha Katar itself? We cannot stand against the legions of the Eternal Empire, the last time they invaded we where enslaved, and nearly driven to extinction!"

Mmote-Shoki understood his concern, Sha Katar was a backwater with no industry to speak of whatsoever they could not produce warships, or plasma guns to defend their beloved homeworld. True they where psionics but their telepathic abilities only allowed them to communicate with each other, there was nothing they could do against the Eternals.

"Construct underground bunkers, and have our people move there, the Eternals will have no one to enslave once they arrive.

"Excellent this may just work, but they will have access to our kyroban facilities," Logthl said waving his tentacles.

"True gaining access to one of the largest kyroban mines in the galaxy will give them an edge in the war, but the survival of our people is paramount, but we will destroy the facilities before they arrive just in case."

With that Mmote-Shoki reboarded his starship and returned to the Galactic Senate on Cosmopolis.

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Europa Undivided » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:04 pm

Okaram
Capital of the Jokarun-Terejati Alliance

The pulsating industrial heartland of the Alliance shone its light across the Okaramu System, the mechanical fires of its orbital factories blazing hot as thousands of tonnes of manufactured goods were churned out by the hour from the orbital ring that surrounded Okaram itself, the Ring of Morai-Yaghu. At the same time, a steady stream of ships warped in and out of the system, facilitating the trade that kept the Alliance alive and so strong as a nation. The gargantuan trade fleets of the Alliance traversed the galaxy all across the Republic’s territory, and as one of the more powerful members of the Republic, the Alliance has taken upon itself to be one of the centres of the Republic’s naval power, at least during the War of the Red Dawn.

On Okaram’s three moons, hundreds of starships of varying sizes emerged and entered the glorious shipyards built into the moons themselves. These ranged from small tugboats and diplomatic corvettes, consular frigates, cargo freighters, to Alliance destroyers and cruisers, along with the rare battleship.

On the Department of Foreign Affairs Building, Senator Karasan Von Sareth sat back on his comfy couch, thinking of a thousand thoughts every second as news of the Eternal Empire preparing to plow its way through the Ukete Union in the Outer Rim. It was unfortunate indeed, as the Jokarun-Terejati Alliance lay directly on the Eternal Empire’s path should it crush the Outer Rim territories. When it does so, the Alliance will have to devote its full military might against the Eternal Empire. The Alliance is strong, yes, but it isn’t the strongest.

“Have you seen the news?”, Sareth said to the Minister of Foreign Affairs as he poured a cup of brewed tea to drink. “The Eternal Empire is mobilising.”

“Yes. The Alliance Parliament has been briefed on it, and with the favour of the Supreme Chancellor, has voted to step up production of warships on every shipyard in the whole Alliance. Within six weeks, the first batch of 500 of the modernized Solarite Class Cruisers plus a thousand support ships will roll out of the assembly line, though Parliament is unsure if we can sustain wartime production for long without borrowing from the Republic’s banks or levying new taxes on the population.”, Minister Varakev Kalei replied as he drank from his buvvle tea. “How did the Senate go?”

“I did nothing but listen to them today.”, Sareth replied.

“I see. By the way, the Parliament also voted that, in case the Republic does agree to the one quadrillion credits of ransom, the Alliance will contribute its entire surplus GDP from last year.”

“I see.”
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:27 pm

Age 755

Five more years until the Eternal Fleet would reach the borders of the Utkete Union, the borders of the Galactic Republic. An eery shadow was cast over the nations of the Republic. It would turn out that the Eternals had planted spies in various states across the Republic, to sabotage their war-making capabilities. On Choria spies had embedded themselves in the highest levels of the government, weakening their hold over their lands.

As a result, their warship making capabilities where compromised severely, and trillions of credits where lost in the process. In the Hegemony their shipyards were sabotaged as well, and an important industrial center was denotated with bombs, setting their quota back by a year. Thus the Republic's shipbuilding capabilities were harmed immensly.

In Sha Katar and the Utkete Union and many other galactic states in the Outer Rim separatist movements were gaining traction funded by shadow organizations. They claimed that the Republic was incapable of defending them of maintaining their sovereignty in the wake of the Eternal menace. Their leaders claimed that declaring their independence would perhaps spare them an invasion from the Empire. This served to further weaken the unity of the Galactic Republic. Much needed to be done, and the Galactic Senate had not passed a single piece of legislation since GLEA in Age 753 the people were beginning to lose faith.
Last edited by Novas Arcanum on Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ormata
Senator

Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:32 pm

Prime Minister
Sedundis Array, Ukete First Union Space

“Are they right?”

The collection of advisors, officials, and things of the same sat about the table. They represented some of the finest minds in the Union, or at the very least some of the most prominant minds in the Union, and at that table’s head sat the Prime Minister himself. Thin blades of light cut down into the shadows, the silence oppressive towards some. That question hung there, hung there for far too long.

“The association with the Republic has had several benefits, sir. The Diplomatic Corps has acquired information on Chorian shipbuilding techniques, Sha Katar psychic theory, as well as private industry trade secrets. The boon of resources from the Rim Treaties have secured our place as an eminent power among the Rim powers. Besides...we might need their abilities to fight the Eternal Empire, their resources and manpower. We cannot fight them alone.”

“But must we fight the Eternal Empire?”

“Yes. They are built on historical ties, on promises to destroy the Galactic Republic for what it did those many decades ago. If their Emperor does not, he risks another fracturing. It is necessary to destroy the enemy completely.”

“Completely.” The Prime Minister savored those words, nodding to himself and considering it all. Completely. The Ukete way of complete victory was to utterly annhilate the enemy in all things, in their shipbuilding and economics, in their very society, to revert the enemy to the stone age. It was likely to include genocide as a clause there, somewhere. The enemy needed to die. Someone would have to do it.

“Well, what would you do if you had to invade the Galactic Republic? What is the first stage of Case Red?”

“It’s a confederation. Destroy the unity among states, set them against one-another, and destroy confidence in any nation’s reason to participate. Destroy shipyards and mooring stations, resupply posts, things of that nature.”

“Very well. Order the Diplomatic Corps to begin operations in Choria, Sha Katar, Cosmopolis, from here to the other end of the damn Rim in any nation holding war material requirements and methods. Find the traitors, traitors to the Republic and to their own nations, and get rid of them. Arrest the seperatist movement leaders, their followers, everyone. One fell stroke, I want every arrest to occur at the same damn hour. We are one nation. We will stay that way.”

“Yes, Prime Minister.”

UUV-Phalanx, 1st Battle Squadron
Sedundis Array, Deep Orbit, Ukete First Union Space

There were few to match an Ukete Defiant-Class Titan. They could hardly be called a warship by most accounts and measurements, the sheer bulk of the vessel dwarfing many stations. Measuring a hundred kilometers in length, her armor was thick, her shields a vast bulwark with which to withstand even the combined fleet efforts of the enemy main fleets, and her firepower enough to turn enemy mainline dreadnoughts to slag. As for looks it had little, a diamond-shape about the central drive unit and main cannon housing with thousands of turret installations running down the Titan’s length. The bridge was hardly noticable. About the Phalanx was the fleet, hundreds of smaller cruisers, carriers, destroyers, corvettes, fighters, even a squadron of cloaked AGI support vessels, intelligence-gatherers able to decloak, place a nuke onto a planet and still be able to cloak before anyone knew what happened. The squadron was not something to be trifled with, even though there were dozens of the exact same scattered about Ukete space.

Today was not the same as any other day, however, as the hyperspace alert came up upon the bridge. Something big was coming in. Many, many somethings that were all the same big. It would be a freakish sense of fury had the jump not been scheduled, had there not been communication to those on the other side. Today was no normal day, not in the space above the great array, not in Ukete space, not in Republic space. Today was no normal day.

The 2nd Battle Squadron jumped through at one arc, the same fleet as the first with the Breaker at the helm. Vast engines lit-up like miniature suns, the titan cruising in closer to the system just as the 3rd and 4th Battle Squadrons jumped into the system. Not even a quarter of the main warships were present and the system already was merry hell on comms. They hadn’t launched their fighters and bombers, though, and the turrets yet remained inactive. They were present for a demonstration...a vast demonstration, true, but a demonstration nonetheless.

“Open communications to all ships,” said a voice, older than most with the order being just that. It was an order, not a request, not demanded of any by it’s tone or measure, it’s volume or ferocity. Some ordered with hatred, with a vaster wealth of volume than needed, they wanted it to be done. This voice was quiet. This voice was calm. This voice required order, not demanded it. It was a part of a great tradition, something larger than life itself.

This was the voice of the Prime Minister of the Ukete First Union.

A pause. All voices within the chamber on the Secundis Array were quiet; every member of the Congress was present, their attaches present, the Admirals of the Navy and Generals of the Army present, civilian governors and at least fifty reporters of differing nationalities. They had been invited to the grand chamber, to watch the speech as something was said to happen in orbit. They had been seated in the circular arena, first the Congress, then the Admiralty and Generals, and then the reporters before finally after that ring of guards there was the Prime Minister. He stood-out in a set of patterned robes.

“Communications open.” The thin voice echoed for a moment.

“For too long have we stood along the Rim, along the ferried black gulfs of space to look out into the many threats that face our grand design with malice and hate. For too long we have stood along the Rim, our backs turned to the peaceful and the innocent, the deluded and the war-weary, to look our with the rifle in hand, with the helm in our grasp, to be ready against any enemy that may threaten us. For too long we have lacked the enemy.”

“Today they have declared themselves to us, and their intentions, and their anger and hatred. Today they have declared themselves to us as the Eternal Empire, the old foe. We have yet time to prepare. Some state that the Republic should pay the price to that Emperor, that it may be an option. To us it is not. Some state that appeasement and peace might still be open as a course, that it may be an option. To us it is not. There are some cowards who feel that we might avoid bloodshed if we revoke our association with the greater galaxy, that it may be an option if we merely make the choice. To us it is not. The First Union has stood, stands, and will stand against the threats to our species, to our nation, to our allies and to our honor, dignity, and memory.”

Above the arena, above the array, the Navy began their approach. Four Defiant-Class Titans in their battle line, the vast array of cruisers and battleships about them in their own individual squadrons as the corvettes made their rapid fly-bys, eager in the light of their engines. Any one squadron above alone had enough firepower to lay waste to a planetary system. Any one squadron above alone had enough strength to become the bulwark of many a nation within the Republic. Four stood above them. More stood in systems nearby.

“The Navy stands. The Army marches. We do not fear the Eternal Empire. We do not fear that old foe. In the years to come, war will be upon us. The First Union chooses to take action now against the declared enemey. They will learn that nothing has changed since their last defeat. They will learn that what they have done today is a grave mistake. We gave them leave last to grow from that mistake...instead a weed has sprouted from that aged corpse to threaten us again. We stand again to stomp. Out. This. Threat.”

Thus did the speech end. Thus did the newly-formed 1st Battle Fleet take it’s Titans, it’s super carriers and carriers, it’s battleships and cruisers, take them into the vast black of space to prepare and make ready. Thus was a chorus of cheering and clapping, an uproar of unity within that stadium, make itself known. Across the Union demonstrations occured and that same sense of unity was felt by many. The Union armed itself.

The methods were rather simple; the armament of many a warship had been degraded and made few in order to keep the Republic at bay and calm. They were to be restored. The many weapons programmes of the Union were to be put to task and tested, much of which were designed to put a normal anti-ship missile to shame, a normal railgun to sorrow.

Thus was the Ukete First Union readying for war.

First Admiral Kirth
Breaker’s Gulf, Ukete First Union Space

“What do you mean ‘We need her ready’. I’m not blind, you know. I just can’t see where precisely you’re trying to go with these orders.”

The governor was not a particularly good looking or comfortably Ukete; she’d grown remarkably larger than most and certainly had had no issue as far as feeding. A recent case of Psyrik’s Sydrome had left one eye permenantly blind, nerve endings dead and gone, and one hand was missing, replaced by a cybernetic that whirred and sputtered every once in an age. Despite this, she was uncomfortable with the Admiral. He didn’t visit often.

“We need the Gulf ready. Just in case.”

“In case the Eternal Empire shows up at our doorstep which they assuredly will?”

“Obviously.”

“You want to reactivate the station’s engines. I’ve seen those orders. And bolster her shield systems.”

“That’s right.”

Her eye narrowed, leaning back into the chair. Mouth turning into a wry, sour smile, the governor considered what precisely he wanted and what precisely that would mean...both socially and financially of course. Order had to be maintained. Order always had to be maintained. The station held a greater population than some planets, a fact that wasn’t lost on the woman.

“I served long enough to know those part numbers. Ukete Titan grade shielding-that’s not the sort of thing one ordinarily needs for defensive purposes. Especially when you order twenty of them. You’re planning something. What is it.”

“We have a station with one of the best power sources, the best reactor systems, and she’s mobile. If war comes to our doorstep, she can serve with the rest of us...on the line. We need to be ready. For now, the engine systems need to be up and running...if anything for the station to make an escape when the Empire comes around. The rest...that’s still in the works.”

“Fine.”

Sarderistan
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderistan » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:24 pm

Rear Admiral Mara Kaan
Chorian 2nd Outer Rim Fleet, Hand Nebula

The pride of the Chorian Navy, the CRDF Stalwart, arrived through hyperspace with 35 other Chorian frigates and corvettes in the Hand Nebula, Outer Rim space. Beside it stood the frigates CRDF Kompania and CRDF Rhegion Prime - two massive dreadnoughts named after Choria's outskirts planet at the Rhegion array. The fleet is divided into three parts; the vanguard, led by Kaan aboard the Stalwart, the second, led by Kompania, and the third by Rhegion Prime. They would attempt a diversion and pincer movement, with the vanguard engaged in battle alongside the Chorian outpost forces, while the rest two parts would flank the Eternal Empire's forces once engages, pitting and destroying their invasion force and securing a Republican stronghold while the rest of the Chorian fleet moved around into the Eternal Empire's territory.

As the Stalwart closed in to the space station in the area, Rear Admiral Kaan activated her communicator and sent a signal to the Chorian officers present. "Hail, defenders of the Republic. This is Rear Admiral Mara Kaan of the Second Outer Rim Fleet, Chorian Regional Defense Force. We are heading to secure Chorian bases across the Outer Rim, but our scout vessels spotted a particularly large signal of hyperspace coming in - we deduced it must be the Eternal Empire's fleet coming to attack. We had been given orders from the President herself to defend every Chorian and Republican outposts in the Outer Rim. Prepare the station's defenses." The transmission ended.

Kaan gave orders to maximize the shields and load all its photon torpedoes to maximum, activating the ship's railguns and its antimatter warheads. The vanguard now formed a close array in front of the Chorian space station, the remaining two fleets steadily retreating behind in a system-travelling fast pace. They now wait for the Ukete response - and the Eternal Empire's arrival.
Last edited by Sarderistan on Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
"God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life."
- Romans 2:18

A proud Conservative. I like Trump even though I'm not American.

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Europa Undivided » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:06 am

Admirals Sarakevo Sklaoman and Kareso Traginiya
Sixth and Seventh Alliance Fleets
Soromon System
The Mid Rim Territories

The forces of the Alliance’s military might were gearing up and readying themselves. In every star system and sector of the Jokarun-Terejati Alliance, the shipyards and mines were a flurry of activity; warships were produced by the hundreds every month, giving the Alliance’s economy a massive strain and ache as the taxes on the people of the Alliance slowly but surely rose in order to support the growing military that was being built up in anticipation to the Eternal Empire’s threat incoming from beyond Outer Rim. Despite the heightened taxation, however, most of the Alliance’s populace did not complain and barely noticed it even; they have been, after all, always so prosperous, and a 5% differences in their taxes meant very little for them.

Emerging from the Dau Calare Shipyards of the Soromon System were 150 Solarite Class Cruisers, who would then join the one thousand other ships currently stationed on the Soromon System. Most of these were small frigates and destroyers, but despite their small size, they inflicted heavy casualties on the Eternal Fleet when they broke through the Outer Rim and assaulted the Alliance; precise hits from graviton torpedoes from the Jok-Tere capital ships coupled with ionic bolts and fire support from the frigates and destroyers caused immense losses in the invading Eternals fleet, and the Alliance was only beaten back when the Eternals started choking their supply routes. Millions starved as the cargo ships stopped coming, and entire sectors fell to the Eternals as the Alliance fleets fell back.

Not today, thought Admiral Sarakevo Sklaoman of the Sixth Fleet and Admiral Kareso Traginiya of the Seventh Fleet as they warped into the Soromon System to join the Tenth Fleet under Alsaka Von in order to join the Chorians and Ukete on the Outer Rim in an attempt to erect a cordon against the encroaching Eternal Empire. The arrival of two other fleets brought the total of the warships present to a magnificent 4,500, many of them corvettes, frigates, and destroyers, with a handful of battleships and six dreadnoughts. Much of the rest were cruisers, who formed the backbone of the fleet centered around a core of one hundred fleet carriers, with each of the 2.1 kilometer long carriers bearing in them 2,000 automated fighters and 200 piloted starfighters. The naval doctrine of the Alliance was a strange one, as it relied less on heavy capital ships, and instead favoured FTL capable starfighters that could deal enormous damage to enemy capital ships while their cruisers provided a screen of fire, and the battleships and dreadnoughts stood like impregnable and immovable boulders that kept the carriers safe. After all, centuries of dealing with pirates and petty raiders has made the Alliance experienced in hit and run tactics, and were some of the greatest annoyances to the Eternals during the first war.

The shipyards worked around the clock, churning out more warships by the week as the Alliance required every ship it needed to combat the Eternals. The Parliament and the Supreme Chancellor were absolutely sure with a 100% certainty that the Empire will merely use the ransom as funding for their forces, and the Alliance was not taking any chances. In the Senate, Karasan Von Sareth passionately stood for defending the Republic and not paying the Empire any of its demanded ransom; it was merely giving the enemy its tools to wage greater war, he said. The plague that afflicted the Terejati and killed so many of them 40 years ago was written off by Alliance authorities as a biological tactic to weaken the Alliance in order to have a greater chance of enslaving its people. Whether or not this was true did not matter, as it silenced separatists in the Alliance and Terejati biologists were driven to a frenzy to concoct their own weaponized sickmess to use against the Eternals, and weapons designers and physicists began drawing up more dangerous and powerful weapons of war. The first fruit of this anger driven frenzy of science was the Stormpike Class Cruiser, which used rapid fire graviton cannons as its main weapon of choice. Expensive these were, but their deadliness in battle could not be underestimated.

The Alliance Parliament ordered a hundred to be built. When these one hundred Stormpikes were rolled off the assembly, the Sixth, Seventh, and Tenth Fleets were already in the Outer Rim, standing side by side with the Chorians and Ukete just as these one hundred new ships arrived to strengthen them.
Last edited by Europa Undivided on Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Rhyssua
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyssua » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:59 pm

"I can see it in your eyes."

As if on cue, the human shut his eyes as tight as he could, as if it were all a dream, and he'd wake up safe and sound. Sadly, the nightmares weren't done with him yet. The lamp shining into his eyes increased in intensity, as if trying to force its way through the man's eyelids to his brain.

"Yes," Chrysalys said, standing just behind the lamp, so he was out of sight. "I can see the guilt. You can try to hide it, but it's definitely there. You regret what you did, don't you?"

Chrysalys spoke as if he were speaking to a frightened child, trying to both soothe the man and worm his way into the human's psyche. Chrysalys thought he could detect a subtle nod, but it was hard to tell.

"I see now," he said. "that you're sorry. You apologize for your role in this treachery, you regret the lives you helped take. I can see that, and I offer you forgiveness."

He noticed the human's eyes open slightly, as if daring to hope. Chrysalys nodded to himself. Good. The "Preacher Approach", as he called it, worked very well with religious species, and could be adapted to any number of religions and lifeforms. Most religions followed the same basic pattern, after all. The best part of it was that it didn't leave a trace. No physical or mental damage, apart from an unexplainable feeling of calm.

"You're not responsible for what happened," Chrysalys continued. "You were just an innocent, helpless man, caught up in a diabolical system. You are not to blame."

"But I need to know who is."

He saw it there, a flicker of loyalty to whoever he was working for. Chrysalys, along with the rest of the Investigations Department, had determined that the sabotage had to have come from a third party, contracted by the Eternals. The Eternals wouldn't deign to risk their own lives to sabotage the workings of "infidels", and likewise wouldn't welcome any into their ranks. So, it had to be a third party. This third party was also likely the perpetrator of other acts of sabotage, as well as a possible link to the various separatist movements that had started cropping up.

"I need to know who sent you on this devil's errand," Chrysalys said, walking around until he was behind the suspect. The man had been a freighter pilot, delivering construction materials to the Hegemony's new shipyards in the Certiauri system. However, several kilotons of thermonuclear warheads was difficult to confuse with construction materials. A bribe was discovered, and so the man had ended up here.

"I don't want to punish you, my son," Chrysalys continued. "I just need to know who I should punish. I must know who deserves damnation, and who deserves salvation. Don't make me punish you for someone else's sin. Please, I beg of you, don't make me separate a family in the afterlife."

That hit a nerve with the man, as Chrysalys expected it would. The man's family had been killed during a pirate raid in Republic space, before the GLE solved the issue of piracy. He believed, as any good father and husband would, that his family was saved. He wanted desperately to join them.

The man broke. Sobbing, he told Chrysalys everything that the Investigations Department needed to know. A handful of names, the account number he got the bribe from, a description of the man who first approached him with the offer. And, most importantly, a location.

Chrysalys made sure to keep careful notes, then proceeded to the 'Debriefing Phase', where he calmed the suspect down and assured him that he would be saved, and would get to see his family. He'd still get prison time of course, but he'd spend them gladly. When Chrysalys turned the light off and stepped out into the hallway, he had the satisfaction of reporting a job well done.

"Good job," Sceptarys said, patting him on the shoulder. "I knew I could count on you. Now, get the man back into Hegemony space before someone sees him."

I'm just assuming that Sceptarys is taking a break from Senating for a few minutes.
Yooooo!

United Auroran Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby United Auroran Empire » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:56 pm

A message pings the Ukete and the Salvoryans,the Chorians and the Sha Katarns. To those on the predicted front line and those who have defected from the Republic.
Across their forward fleets computers and government networks. Across the Republic Priority Channel.
"[This is Senator General Leah Armistay. On behalf of Axial we wish to extend our deepest apologies for our sudden withdrawal from the senate. We have had a major restructuring in our government to rid ourselves of corruption. We believe we had solved our issue. However, as the galaxy is a cruel and unforgiving being it has seen fit to declare itself another war. One with the Eternals no less. We Axials, as you may know, were left behind by the Eternals. And it is in our best interests to keep it that way. Our shipyards remain operational at peak preformance. Our morale stalwart. Our military joining the front line. After two ages of silence to the galactic people we make our return. For the better. ]

The transmissions ends. And the ships arrive.

Salvoryan Space

50 ships of the line put out for construction by Senate Speaker Sceptarys seemed impossible to the galactic republic. Their major builders out of commission and the other planets in the Republic did not have the equipement to make large scale warships.
Well, that was until Axial came back from the Shadows.
50 Ships of the line appeared in Salvoryan Space, a message brought with them.
A Gift, for your help, and for the Galaxy. No payment required - SG LA

Ukete Space

Battle Fleet Kirbon was made for extreme defense. It carried with it 35 ships. 21 of those were hyper maneuverable area-defense corvettes, made with precision and care. 10 of those were destroyers with guided implosion torpedoes and shields made to take the shot for other ships. 3 of these were battleships with cannons and turrets galore, made for slinging ordnance across the void of space into other things.
And the last ship was a carrier. It deployed swarms of starfighters.

And commanding it was none-other than Senator General Leah Armistay.
She stands at the citadel of the ship, looking over countless reports of the previous Eternal war and the projected numbers for this one. They were not nice numbers.
She sighs and dismisses the numbers. She had become very weary over the last age. But she still held her ideals. If anything, the witch trials held at home only hardened them.
She was just not ready to lead an army.
Her uniform was blank. No cords, no medals, no ribbons. By all accounts, the interns had more experience than she did. But the king had his ways. And he always knew what to do.
Aapa walks in, her hair up and uniform straight. " Leah, we have entered Ukete space. We should hail them soon so they do not interpret this move incorrectly."
Armistay turns from her desk and smiles. Aapa has been with her for so long. She could not have gotten through the last era if not for her to take care of the work and comfort her.
In numerous ways.
"Ah, yes Aapa. Ill be right on it."
Armistay steps from the bridge to the communications hub. Numerous officers hovered around it, technicians running numbers and Chiefs giving orders for checkups and procedures.
She tunes in to the Ukete system frequency.
"Good Tidings to you Ukete Union. We have come in service of the Republic and will serve alongside you to halt the advance of the Eternals."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse