NATION

PASSWORD

The United Galactic Republic [OOC|Sci Fi|Political|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:45 am

So I will be releasing a fantasy god game pretty soon but don't worry I should still be able to manage this game in conjunction with the other one but that does mean I'll be taking a more indirect and hands off approach then before.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:38 pm

Sarderia wrote:While I agree about your point on how mirrors deflect lasers, you migjt want to tone this one down, marked in bold.
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Spectrus

The scientists at Airstrip One have developed a new material known as spectrus. Spectrum is proven, thanks to testing, to have the highest shear (bullets/missiles, etc..) and compressive (blunt force weapons) strength out of every 'military-grade' material. Whilst it does require nanofabrication to produce due to the extreme precision required, it is generally lightweight in combat, so it can be used for infantry and motorised units. It can also float on water thanks to gaps in the molecular structure which allow it to take in water, making it good for (water) ships. The main function of it, though, is that it deflects most lasers, with exceptions to extremely powerful (see: nuclear-bomb level energy) lasers unless it is extremely thick itself. Spectrus will now be rolled out by the Hesperian Military on all new ships and most old ones (as a cheaper, but less effective coating on the old ships), along with newly-issued spectrus suits for infantry. All new Hesperian motorised units, including tanks, will also be given it. The total cost is somewhere around $150 billion for a military the size of the Hesperian Military. This means that the Hesperian Military has spent nearly the entirety of its non-essential budget on it. However, it will all be funded by discretionary government funding and reserves, so the Hesperian Military will be able to operate as normal.

Military-grade refers to all the general practical units used in the military, not to every single material. Some materials would be able to destroy spectrus in a heartbeat.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Morrallia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morrallia » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:11 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:So I will be releasing a fantasy god game pretty soon but don't worry I should still be able to manage this game in conjunction with the other one but that does mean I'll be taking a more indirect and hands off approach then before.

Interesting. Looking forward to it.
Anti-this stupid trend of putting political beliefs in signatures. You're all kids playing big man on a rip-off of the Civilization series. If you all knew how to influence policies and run nations you wouldn't be on a Mongolian basket weaving forum (this one). Time to grow up, children.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:56 pm

RIP this game
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:21 am

Can we revive this?
Please Watch

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:54 pm

I'm focused on Gods of Aetherius but sure I give you permission to reboot this.

Bla Ary
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bla Ary » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:51 am

Novas I just got back to school and have free time again. Would you mind if I gave the reboot a try?

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:09 am

Yes and I'll join.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse