NATION

PASSWORD

The United Galactic Republic [OOC|Sci Fi|Political|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:32 am

Also I'ma be making some more stringent changes to the rules to keep things from getting anymore ridiculous then they already are.

No more killing your own senators for one you can simply have them step down or replaced and no more ridiculous stunts in the middle of debates and senatorial sessions.

Rhyssua
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyssua » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:20 am

Are there any extra-republic NPCs right now? If there are I'd like to figure out whether they're on good terms with the Republic. If there aren't any yet, are we allowed to submit an ap for an NPC nation (still controlled by you of course)?
Yooooo!

Think of me as a mix of Austria-Hungary and Yugoslavia (democratic, of course). How you get the name "Rhyssua" out of that, you ask? Shhhh....

NS stats are wack, so I use NS Tracker: http://nstracker.epizy.com/nation.php?nation=rhyssua

Sarderistan
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderistan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:25 am

Rhyssua wrote:Are there any extra-republic NPCs right now? If there are I'd like to figure out whether they're on good terms with the Republic. If there aren't any yet, are we allowed to submit an ap for an NPC nation (still controlled by you of course)?

Like the Hutt Space?

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
"God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life."
- Romans 2:18

A proud Conservative. I like Trump even though I'm not American.

Rhyssua
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyssua » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:39 am

Sarderistan wrote:
Rhyssua wrote:Are there any extra-republic NPCs right now? If there are I'd like to figure out whether they're on good terms with the Republic. If there aren't any yet, are we allowed to submit an ap for an NPC nation (still controlled by you of course)?

Like the Hutt Space?

Yeah, or some empires too xenophobic to join. I need to gauge whether the tariffs I want to implement will be realistic. If we're like the only ones in the galaxy, then they obviously wouldn't work too well.
Yooooo!

Think of me as a mix of Austria-Hungary and Yugoslavia (democratic, of course). How you get the name "Rhyssua" out of that, you ask? Shhhh....

NS stats are wack, so I use NS Tracker: http://nstracker.epizy.com/nation.php?nation=rhyssua

Sarderistan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderistan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:43 am

Rhyssua wrote:
Sarderistan wrote:Like the Hutt Space?

How about a black market, with giant cartels operating?
Yeah, or some empires too xenophobic to join. I need to gauge whether the tariffs I want to implement will be realistic. If we're like the only ones in the galaxy, then they obviously wouldn't work too well.

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

"God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life."

Rhyssua
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyssua » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:56 am

Sarderistan wrote:
Rhyssua wrote:Yeah, or some empires too xenophobic to join. I need to gauge whether the tariffs I want to implement will be realistic. If we're like the only ones in the galaxy, then they obviously wouldn't work too well.
How about a black market, with giant cartels operating?

That would also be cool... would open up a lot of opportunities with GLEA and such.

Maybe a kind of anti-Republic (like how the Dominion is the anti-Federation) could exist...
Yooooo!

Sarderistan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderistan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:07 am

Rhyssua wrote:
Sarderistan wrote:How about a black market, with giant cartels operating?

That would also be cool... would open up a lot of opportunities with GLEA and such.

Maybe a kind of anti-Republic (like how the Dominion is the anti-Federation) could exist...

Or Klingons. An archenemy of the Republic of sorts.

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Rhyssua
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyssua » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:21 am

Sarderistan wrote:
Rhyssua wrote:

Or Klingons. An archenemy of the Republic of sorts.

A hero is only as good as the villain...

Well Novas Arcanum, waddya say?
Yooooo!

Sarderistan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderistan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:35 am

Rhyssua wrote:
Sarderistan wrote:Or Klingons. An archenemy of the Republic of sorts.

A hero is only as good as the villain...

Well Novas Arcanum, waddya say?

I know I'm not the one asked but Aye to that!

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Russkiya Svyachena
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Russkiya Svyachena » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:58 am

Oh, btw, the invitations were sent to Choria and Axial
Last edited by Russkiya Svyachena on Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russian and Proud!
Наркотик не класс, я еду не хардбасс
This nation is an alternate Russia where Gorbachev never collapsed the USSR, and instead slowly transitioned to a free market
Politics:
Pro: Putinism, President Putin, Russia, Gun Rights, Nationalism, Russian Crimea
Neutral: LGBT Rights, EU, Gorbachev
Anti: USSR, Communism, Lenin, Stalin, Ukrainian Crimea, Racism, Slavic Oppression

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:00 pm

So Sceptarys won by default! Hmm.

Also yes there is abig bad Empire out there, I will reveal it in the future...

Also sorry for the rushed post, my class is almost beginning and I was in a rush

Sarderistan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderistan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:04 pm

Russkiya Svyachena wrote:Oh, btw, the man invitations were sent to Choria and Axial

Gonna respond tomorrow, tis' 2am where I am

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Rhyssua
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyssua » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:05 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:So Sceptarys won by default! Hmm.

Also yes there is a big bad Empire out there, I will reveal it in the future...

Also sorry for the rushed post, my class is almost beginning and I was in a rush

Are you in the southern hemisphere m8? It's summer vacation where I am.

Oh boy I can't wait for a big bad empire...
Yooooo!

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:11 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:To be fair you shouldnt of killed vaitil off so quickly and states should only have one senator,consider oramatas response a response to before Vaitil died.

Vaitil would've lost anyway. And probably by a larger margin than Mörz.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:44 pm

Rhyssua wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:So Sceptarys won by default! Hmm.

Also yes there is a big bad Empire out there, I will reveal it in the future...

Are you in the southern hemisphere m8? It's summer vacation where I am.

Oh boy I can't wait for a big bad empire...

Oh no I'm in college XD

Rhyssua
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyssua » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:45 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:Oh no I'm in college XD

Ah makes sense.

How exactly would the Galactic Congress work, mechanically speaking? Would you use dice rolls to determine how they voted? I need to know how it would work before we begin debating.
Yooooo!

Russkiya Svyachena
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Russkiya Svyachena » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:51 pm

Sorry for my short posts, I’ve been on the move IRL, but I think I can make more in depth posts now

Sarderistan wrote:
Russkiya Svyachena wrote:Oh, btw, the man invitations were sent to Choria and Axial

Gonna respond tomorrow, tis' 2am where I am

Sounds good
Last edited by Russkiya Svyachena on Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russian and Proud!
This nation is an alternate Russia where Gorbachev never collapsed the USSR, and instead slowly transitioned to a free market
Politics:
Anti: USSR, Communism, Lenin, Stalin, Ukrainian Crimea, Racism, Slavic Oppression

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:52 pm

Well depending on what sections are added the Congress would probably just be fluff althogh I would have them introduce legislation periodically to the Senate for approval and to make amendments though.

Rhyssua
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyssua » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:56 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:Well depending on what sections are added the Congress would probably just be fluff althogh I would have them introduce legislation periodically to the Senate for approval and to make amendments though.

Alright. That'd actually be more realistic, since you'd either have to choose between efficiency (Senate) or being as representative as possible (Congress). I mean think about it; the Congress would easily have twice as many members as the Senate, even up to ten times more. They'd naturally be inefficient.

Just wanted to know it was okay before I submitted Sceptarys's opinion/proposed amendments.
Yooooo!

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:56 pm

Novas Arcanum wrote:Well depending on what sections are added the Congress would probably just be fluff althogh I would have them introduce legislation periodically to the Senate for approval and to make amendments though.

Mörz would probably switch houses. Tbh, a lot of people would switch houses. It's basically the House of Commons vs the House of Lords.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:00 pm

Rhyssua wrote:
Novas Arcanum wrote:Oh no I'm in college XD

Ah makes sense.

How exactly would the Galactic Congress work, mechanically speaking? Would you use dice rolls to determine how they voted? I need to know how it would work before we begin debating.

For the Galactic Congress, you'd rate each statement and turn that into a modifier. For example:

SIde A Speech 1: +30
Side B Speech 1: -20
Side A Speech 2: -10
Side B Speech 2: +20

It would be +20 to A. So you would roll a d100 to see who would vote in favour of it, and then add 20 from A on. If it's over 100, it would be a unanimous vote.
Please Watch

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:49 pm

Russkiya Svyachena wrote:Igreturn, how dependent would you say your manufacturing is on Droids Inc.?

Actually, I haven’t thought of that too much, but now that you mention it, I would say pretty dependent of droid work. Of that, since it seems Droids Inc. is one of the largest mainstream companies, and for RP purposes, I’d say much of Igreturn’s industry relies on Droids Inc.
Last edited by Aureumterra on Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Novas Arcanum
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Novas Arcanum » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:11 pm

So if this bill passes I'll be opening up postions for represenatives

Sarderistan
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderistan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:12 am

Russkiya Svyachena wrote:Sorry for my short posts, I’ve been on the move IRL, but I think I can make more in depth posts now

Sarderistan wrote:Gonna respond tomorrow, tis' 2am where I am

Sounds good

Deeply sorry, but can you re-send the invitation? I can't found it..

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Russkiya Svyachena
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Russkiya Svyachena » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:17 am

Sarderistan wrote:
Russkiya Svyachena wrote:Sorry for my short posts, I’ve been on the move IRL, but I think I can make more in depth posts now

Sounds good

Deeply sorry, but can you re-send the invitation? I can't found it..

It’s mentioned in my latest IC post
Russian and Proud!
Politics:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse