NATION

PASSWORD

Fallout: Lost Plague (OOC/RPG/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:48 pm

Sarderistan wrote:Am I accepted?

Your application is still branded WIP so I've only glossed it over, but from a quick observation I see a couple of potential issues. Your SPECIAL adds up to 41, you don't have an RP sample, and as I'm not familiar with you as a writer I need one (either a previous IC post or a newly drafted example that showcases your writing). Your character also has two of the same pistols and two knives, why? I'm pretty sure Vault 94 was destroyed with no survivors, and if he was alive before the war he wouldn't be 32 years old. Finally I still need an appearance.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:34 am

I have finished my application. Hope all is well.
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery
- Thomas Jefferson
What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms
- Thomas Jefferson
Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it
-Mark Twain
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
- Benjamin Franklin
To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them
-George Mason
I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people.
-George Mason

Skyhooked
Senator

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:19 am

Tag. Gonna add app soon. Viking style character.
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Sarderistan
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderistan » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:57 am

To the OPs: done editing my app, hope you found it suitable

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

If you support capitalism, put this in your signature.
"God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life."
- Romans 2:18

A proud Conservative. I like Trump even though I'm not American.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

App

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:57 pm

Name: Roderick McKade
Race: Human
Appearance: Roddie is not tall but not too short either, he is thin for his height but not gaunt. He boasts a full head of vibrant red hair with a surprisingly well groomed goatee. Though not handsome, nor ugly the visible scars he has give him a striking allure. Typically he wears a lab coat of sorts when working though does where modified civilian clothes when operating much of the time.
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 160 lbs
S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
STR: 4 | PER: 5 | END: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 9 | AGI: 5 | LCK: 5

Strengths:
    I'm A Doctor
    Roddie is first and foremost a Doctor and Surgeon, due to this he is relatively skilled in this field and most thinks associated with it. With or without the proper tools Roderick is a veritable wizard at an operating table able to do things simple medics would be unable to. Aside from the traditional skills one would associate with doctors and surgeons Roderick also has looked into nontraditional medical practices.

And I Know Things
    Throughout his time in Greensboro and the Georgian wastes he has gained some amount of general knowledge about a variety of things. This knowledge ranges from plants in the wastes and their uses to how to cook, how to make certain chems or facsimile's of them, some about farming and gardening, even speaking.

By Virtue of Intelligence

Though not versed in much beyond the field of medicine his level of intelligence does enable him to do some things people lacking in intelligence would be unable to. This mostly klends itself to figuring out
Weaknesses:
    Not A...
    Roddie is a skilled Surgeon and Chemist, but is good at little else. He is a Doctor not a miracle worker, well aside from medical miracles. Though not entirely inept he is not skilled in any form of physical or mundane combat, he knows some about energy weapons and similar pieces of technology but not about handling them.
    They're Always After Me Lucky Charms

His long term stay with Raiders has made him somewhat paranoid about people stealing his things or things he considers his. When he thinks someone has taken his things he becomes erratic and eventually violent.

Strong in Mind not in Body

Despite his intelligence and skill with a scalpel or perhaps because of it his body is average if not below average in many aspects. He is weaker than someone of his height and size should be but not overly so, his reaction time and perceptive abilities are strictly average, same with everything else.
Trait: Ranked Better than Placebo:
Your knowledge of impromptu chemistry and a innate skill in mashing up colored plants into medicine makes for some rather... Mixed results. Your herbally made medicines and elixirs have nearly double the effectiveness. However, your pharmacy isn't exactly up to snuff, as such all facsimilies of pre-war drugs are half as effective.

Personality:
    Dislikes: reality

Equipment:
      - Caps x124
      - Doctor's bag
      - various medical paraphernalia (including herbs and Poultice's)
      - Combat Medic Armor(essentially lightened modified Combat Armor for when out in the field)
      - 10mm pistol
      - 2-3 mags (24-36 rounds) of 10mm ammo
      - 2-5 stimpaks (when about town)
      -

Bio: Roderick was born to a Family-Clan of nomadic travelers who roamed the Wastes. They made the foolhardy decision to travel through Raider territory when Roderick was still a child. Roderick, his parents and a few others were sacrificed by the Clan to allow the rest to escape. Roderick and a few of the younger clan members were the only survivors, it was easier to make a good slave from younger stock after all.

It was when he was 13 that his position within the Raider group began to change, the old healer of the group began to deteriorate physically, Roderick was the only person who showed any promise as a doctor of any kind. He displayed phenomenal potential in the field of medicine as well as a notable skill in making chems. Though the Raiders kept him for his skill with chems than with a scalpel they still treated him less like a slave. He began to be treated better by the Raiders but they were wary of him so they kept him addicted to chems, not a smart move but hey they were Raiders.

It was not until he was 17 that he was freed from the Raider group and their camp, it would be more accurate to say he took his freedom. It took some time but he was able to scavenge the ingredients to make some Fixer so he could remain clearheaded and set his plan in motion. When not Raiding the Raiders were typically drugged to the gills or torturing new captures, Roderick made sure the drugs were especially strong. While the Raiders were out he killed some of them and made sure any future drugs would be a bad batch, so to speak. Thus he left the Raiders behind him uncaring and didn't look back, physically anyways.

Though it was nowhere near what he had wanted Roderick had accepted his lot as a doctor, a fact he kept close to him after he left. During his journey he looked for anything which could help him as a doctor be it magazines, terminals, equipment, anything. He saw and learned many things during his time wandering, not just about surgery and chems but about native plantlife and such found in the Georgian Wasteland.

Around 6 or 7 years ago he came to Greensboro and never left, he has become involved with some of the citizens over his time there. A couple of years ago a bright child by the name of Ennis got mauled by the dog of a Raider, Roderick was able to save her life but not her arms. After recovering she left with her guardian an elderly man, a year ago she returned with prosthetic arms. Since that time Roderick has been doing the same as he had been, providing medical services to the citizens of Greensboro.

RP Example:
    TBD

DO NOT REMOVE: 2077
    Last edited by Shadowwell on Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:59 am, edited 17 times in total.
    ✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
    WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Independent States of Tula
    Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
    Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:50 pm

Finally finished my app here. Sorry it took so long.

Beiarusia
    Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
    Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:18 am

I'll look over the apps later today if nobody else does.

Skyhooked
    Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:16 pm

Name: Jorgen Helm
    Race: Caucasian
    Appearance: Jorgen Helm is a tall and pretty big and strong looking man with fair skin some freckles and blue eyes. Nope, he doesn't have that fancy six pack. His face with nordic traits has a long scar near his left eye, that was rendered blind. His hair is long and red, and he has extended goatee beard with a bead.

Together with his outfit he wears lots of different trinkets like necklaces and some chain trinkets on his belt.

Height: 6'2
    Weight: 207'1

SPECIAL:
    Strength: 6
    Perception: 3
    Endurance: 7
    Charisma:6
    Intelligence:6
    Agility:6
    Luck:6

Strengths:
    Valhalla bound
    Just like his ancestors, Jorgen fights with great prowess, skill, and bravery. Should he take any melee weapon or fight without weapons at all, he demonstrates great ability. He never specifically learned this skill, it came naturally to him, and his understanding of this is mostly intuitive. This intuition also helps him to fight with firearms and allows him to handle them well despite his perception problem. Even military ones. Extreme bravery comes together with this skill.

Sagas lore
    Thanks to extensive exploration and reading terminals entries, Jorgen knows alot about pre-war world. While it's mostly truth about unethical governmental or corporate practices, media and culture, some terminal entries had lots of valuable data on technology and science. This helped him greatly in understanding hi-tech items, their use and value. Scientific knowledge was boosted too. Complicated long words won't trick him. And thanks to reading medical journals, he knows how a thing or two about first aid.

Warrior's constitution.
    Jorgen's constitution allows him to withstand or even shrugg off wounds, diseases and poisonings, that would kill or incapacitete an ordinary man. It takes longer for him to get exhausted too. Nope, it doesn't make him nigh invincible though...

Skald of the wastelands.
    Neither he is a great diplomat, who can persuade people that sky is green, nor he is a master seducer. Yet, his skill of inspiring can help to persuade someone to do things his way. He knows how to bluff too. Aside from that, travels with caravans helped him to learn the art of cunning, trading and bartering. After all, what kind of wannabe viking doesn't know how to sell and buy?

Weaknesses:
    One-eyed.
    In a skirmish against Caesar's legionaries, Jorgen's recklessness cost him an eye. Because of a wound it became nearly blind. While he still can see, he can see less things than before. His other eye vision is intact, luckily.

This doesn't impair his ability to shoot with reasonable accuracy though. As being one eyed scandinavian doesn't automatically grant lots of wisdom, it's a clear weakness.

Old ways are better.
    Jorgen's knowlede of technology is mostly shallow or surface. Because of that advanced energy weapons are not something, he would show prowess with. Yeah, he can shoot them, but if something breaks down, for him it would just become another fancy club, to bash skulls with, as he won't be able to fix the problem. Repairing advanced electronics, robotechnics or hacking complicated terminals are skills beyond him. He still can hack simple or even some average protections though.

Reckless
    Bravery is a good thing, however, it can eclipse self preservatin instinct, that is necessary for survival. Jorgen has a tendency not to care about dangers and to charge into the battle, or go exploring unknown place without even considering odds. This got Jorgen into many troubles and cost him an eye.

Trait:
    Equipment:

-Old jeans.
    -Pre-war police flak vest with a painted valknut on it.
    -Armored boots.
    -Pip Boy 3000 mk2. (Can be feely taken off, but has no plug.)
    -Shoulder bag.

-Northman's rifle. (Customized service rifle. Looks like survivor's rifle, but uses 5.56 ammo, has collimator sight and a bayonet. 7x 5.56mm magazines 20 rounds. Also full auto.)
    -44. Magnum revolver. (24x 44.magnum rounds.)
    -Sawed off shotgun (16x 12 gauge rounds.)
    -Engraved axe

-First aid kit.
    -Two bottles of nuka cola victory.
    -Two bottles of scotch.
    -One pulse grenade.
    -One alien power cell in his necklace.
    -436 caps.
    -Many trinkets.

Personality: Jorgen is a curious, adventurous and slightly naive man, who's psychological age is doesn't keep up with physical. He can be rowdy, but his heart is in right place and he is pretty tolerant to different races and cultures. He is pretty emotional and passionate both in fight and party.

Likes: Alcoholic drinks, good fight, exploring interesting places and discovering secrets of pre-war world, paganism, exotic trinkets.
    Dislikes: Being pushed and ordered around too much, uptight people, snobs, cynicism.

Bio:
    Jorgen Helm was born in Vault 57, where Helms, an immigrant family from Norway took cover during the nuclear exchange. As he grew up, he was introduced to various traditions of his ancestors by his family. History, literature and Norse mythology took a special place deeply in his heart and he became an Asatru just like his family. Not all school lessons were exactly interesting for him, but he turned out to be smart enough to get decent grades most of the time, despite his bias towards different entertainments.

Eventually, Jorgen grew into a problem adolescent, who started drinking early and trying to have multiple casual relations. Sometimes, he even got himself into troubles with the overseer over different matters. Still, he was on relatively good terms with other vault dwellers, thanks to his relatively friendly demeanor and having heart in right place. Yet, some hated Jorgen with passion, those people were Mr. Abernathy, who saw Jorgen having affairs with his wife, priest Emmet, who always had beef with his family, because of their pagan ways and a local gang, whom he managed to beat up every time they tried to bully him.

During his life in the vault, Jorgen heared many stories of outside world, and they fascinated him, so one day, he decided to go and explore the wasteland himself. He left the safe vault, and went on a journey across former USA. For years, he explored, got himself into various troubles because of his recklessness, uncovered mysetires of pre-war world and fought many kinds of foes, from radroaches and molerats to raiders and slavers. Jorgen frequently travelled with the caravans, so he could earn some money, and visited many interesting places and towns.

In cities and settlements, Jorgen Helm was seen as slightly out of place due to his upbringing and beliefs, but still accepted thanks to his demeanor.

He was in San Francisco, Klamath, New Reno, visited heart of the NCR, Shady Sands and many other places. Once, he stumbled across fabulous New Vegas, where he worked as a mercenary just to earn enough caps to visit Strip and see it, even if it got him a permanent injury. When he volunteered for a mercenary job for NCR, and fought together with an NCR squad against legion, he underestimated combat prowess of a centurion. He managed to defeat him in melee, but lost an eye. For that action, he recieved a hefty reward of 4000 caps. Together with a sum, he earned earlier, it was a small fortune.

When Jorgen arrived to the Strip, he wasn't disappointed. At this luxurious resort, many attractions let him to overindulge for a two weeks, until he wasted almsot all his caps. Still it was one of the best moments in his life. He still keeps chips from Gomorrah, Tops and Ultra Luxe with him as souvenir trinkets.

After those happy days, he decided to scavenge in the infamous Area 51, hoping to find lots of valuable loot, so he could sell it and continue his odyssey. Regrettably, his knowledge of base security, he obtained in Repconn facility confirmed. Area was too well guarded by pre-war robots, that still roamed the place, so he couldn't even enter it. However, he managed to find a broken robot.

It's parts were valuable enough to fetch him enough caps, that would allow him to buy food and drinks to proceed on his journey to the East. Arizona was too dangerous for Jorgen Helm,as it was a craddle and mainland of Caesar's legion and he was declared "in damnatio memoriae" for killing their revered officer, so he decided to make a hook. Jorgen went through the Zion national park. It's beauty impressed him greatly, so he stayed there for two weeks. Admiring it inspired him to continue his odyssey.

Then he proceeded further to the East, periodically stopping to admire various places, and in one instance took a turn to the south. In a long time, Jorgen finally made it to the Georgia. A town of Greensboro looked good enough for him to stay for a while, so he booked a cheap room for a few days. Jorgen had a faint feeling, that he is about to witness a historical event, that will soon unfold. Right after he slept and rested from a long walk. Perhaps it's just his stomach, but what if it's not?

RP Example: I have a Fallout RP sample. Just for ya'. Here: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=425409&start=25

Please tell me, that I didn't miss or mess up something. If I did, tell me where... I'll fix it.
    Last edited by Skyhooked on Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:29 am, edited 18 times in total.
    Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
    If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
    Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Beiarusia
    Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:36 pm

Sarderistan wrote:Name: Ezekiel Hochberg

Alright, so a few things. His weakness to radiation isn't really valid as it's something everybody is weak against (minus those who became ghouls). If he was previously exposed and is dealing with an illness because of it that could maybe work, otherwise I'd change it to something else. Concerning the bio, a few inconsistencies (you mention Maryland, Appalachia, and Virginia being his homeland) and I'd suggest you give it a look over to rectify any spelling/grammar mistakes. Brotherhood was limited to the Capital Wasteland until recently (last few years) so wouldn't have been a prevalent faction elsewhere. Lastly, although the OP was allowing some leeway in starting locations Athens, GA, isn't on the map of locations so cannot say with certainty if anything is planned for that location.

Side note: he hates raiders but joined them when younger? Also, it says WIP, so is it 100% finished?

The Hoosier Alliance wrote:Name: Marcus Redding

Looks good. If OP has no objections I'd say ACCEPTED.

Independent States of Tula wrote:Name: Anthony (Tony) Fresolo

I can't say with certainty if/how his background reason will come up but looks good. ACCEPTED. I assume you'd be starting in Greensboro?

Skyhooked wrote:Name: Jorgen Helm

Alright, so nix the Pip-Boy. OP told me not to have one so I assume it applies to everyone until further notice. Concerning his bio, it's good, but I'm gonna allow the OP to weigh in on the Area 51 bit.
    Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Hoosier Alliance
    Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
    Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:12 pm

Awesome, thanks!
    Last edited by The Hoosier Alliance on Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery
    - Thomas Jefferson
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms
    - Thomas Jefferson
    Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it
    -Mark Twain
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
    - Benjamin Franklin
    To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them
    -George Mason
    I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people.
    -George Mason

Sarderistan
    Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderistan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:17 pm

Beiarusia wrote:-snip-

I will fix the application further, thanks for the insights. Athens is just miles off the north of Greensboro, GA so that won't be a problem. I'd make something of a travelling post.

_[' ]_
    (-_Q)

"God promises to make something good out of the storms that bring devastation to your life."

Beiarusia
    Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:34 pm

Sarderistan wrote:
    Beiarusia wrote:-snip-

I will fix the application further, thanks for the insights. Athens is just miles off the north of Greensboro, GA so that won't be a problem. I'd make something of a travelling post.

Well, it's also a matter of if the OP has anything for Athens. I'd ask Tayner in case Athens is a dead nothingness.

Sarderistan
    Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderistan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:00 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
    Sarderistan wrote:I will fix the application further, thanks for the insights. Athens is just miles off the north of Greensboro, GA so that won't be a problem. I'd make something of a travelling post.

Well, it's also a matter of if the OP has anything for Athens. I'd ask Tayner in case Athens is a dead nothingness.

Am I accepted? I could as well change the city if that took so long to discuss

_[' ]_
    (-_Q)

Beiarusia
    Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:06 pm

Sarderistan wrote:Am I accepted? I could as well change the city if that took so long to discuss

I was gonna ask Tayner but he's not online currently. I'll also ask the other Co-OP for his opinion.

Anowa
    Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
    Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:25 pm

Sarderistan wrote:Name: Ezekiel Hochberg
    Appearance:

Height: approx. 5' 9"
    Weight: 69 Kgs.

SPECIAL:
    Perception: 6
    Endurance: 5
    Charisma: 6
    Intelligence: 7
    Agility: 5
    Luck: 5

Strengths: Ezekiel was able to use any equipments from the old world at ease, and is much familiar with weapons such as rifles and pistols. Other than that, there is nothing more of note.
    Weaknesses: Due to often working with radiated elements, instead of gaining evolutionary traits, he suffered from an illness that is consistently breaking down the body (like cancer, but on a much smaller scale). He was sometimes a greedy and quick to anger person, and such thougths often clouded clear thinking.
    Trait:
    Equipment:
    - 2× .45 Pistol (4× .45 ACP magazines, 15 rounds)
    - Flare Gun (2× Flare)
    - M4 Assault Rifle (3× 5.56mm ext. magazines, 40 rounds)
    - Worn US Army Combat Vest
    - Small medical bag
    - 2× Combat Knife

Personality: Ezekiel was a general traveller, and such, trade and money was his business. He would be friendly to anyone, except a raider or such peoples, if they got enough bottlecaps. He's very experienced in all manners and kinds of people due to his travels across the country, as such, he was a particularly patient man. Overall, he tends to be a welcoming and pleasant man in general, except for those who would threaten the flow of money.
    Likes: Assault Rifles, bottlecaps (money), old world items
    Dislikes: Raiders, nuclear-related things

Bio: Ezekiel originated from a small town in Maryland, the Capital Wasteland. He moved from the town when he was a child, so he did not remember the town's name, nor his parents. He was taken by a band of merchants operating near Baltimore who had set up a large trade entrepot, connecting the Capital Wasteland and the regions up north. He quickly learned the arts of trade, often following merchant caravans in trade expeditions, scavenging vaults and collecting old world items wherever they can be found. His time working with the old world items and weaponry made him quite the expert, although some that particularly emit radiation did left its mark on his biology.

As the Capital Wasteland and its surroundings was quickly rising to regional importance, so did the major factions gaze their sights into it. The town traded with the Brotherhood of Steel at first, and the Enclave agents later. Unfortunately, with tensions increasing between both factions, trade can't be sustained any longer. They supplied weapons and food to the Brotherhood, which made them an enemy of the Enclave. He found that Enclave raids are very frequent, and so he joined a group of raiders, friendly to the Brotherhood, in retaliation. Eventually, the Enclave's technological superiority made all attempts attacking its supply routes and outposts futile. Combined with the raider's disgusting and appalling behavior that disillusionned him, he decided to leave Maryland and took the long road down south, travelling with another merchant caravan across the ancient road once called Interstates. He'd seen the various peoples and groups that inhabited the Carolinas and Georgia over the way, estabilishing a trade caravan over the Southeast Commonwealth. He lived three years as a humble merchant, making his living out of selling items south and north from the ruins of Atlanta to the bustling trade enclave in Charlotte. Added with vast knowledge of old world technologies, Hochberg proved a successful broker in the way, until a raider attack in numbers struck the trade lanes down.

Hochberg and his simple band of merchants fended off raiders one by one, him being an expert shooter contributes much to the effort. Alas, the raiders were far more numerous, and they had to abandon many carts, and subsequently pieces of old world items with them, although no-one would be so dumb as to left the bottlecaps. He lost everything he'd bulid since leaving Virginia when the raiders came. Most of the caravan were struck down, leaving only three large carts behind, but he deduced it was more than enough to restart his career over. This time in form of a trade outpost rather than a moving band of travellers. Hochberg settled in Athens, as the place was one of the very much intact regions following the war. He found a community of settlers there, coming from other parts of Georgia, and several bands of former raiders as well; some of them already knew him. There was little time needed for him to get settled, as such, he founded a merchant outpost very soon and started the business over again with help of the little community there.

RP Example: Dynasties

Your character is ghoulifying. By Fallout's laws of physics, radiation causes A: Cancer B: Death C: Mutation D: Ghoulification. You have ruled out A, B, and C. Leaving D alone. If this is what you intending, I give you props for setting up a decent character arc.

The M4 Assault Rifle technically doesn't exist in Fallout's canon, however, the CAR-15 and AR-15 do. You can simply rename it to one of those. Adding on to this, 120 milspec 5.56x45 rounds would be incredibly difficult to find. Also, a model of .45 pistols would help exponentially, seeing as .45 caliber pistols can range from the venerable cap and ball revolvers of the mid 1800s to cut down lever action rifles chambered in the man stopping .45-70 gov't.

The Enclave don't trade, if you aren't Enclave, they kill you, end of story. This has been displayed quite clearly with the events of Fallout 3.

Joined raiders despite disliking them. This is somewhat odd, and can be fixed by simply renaming the raiders he joined up with to guerillas.

Finally, Tayner has confirmed that Athens is a smoldering crater filled with bad dudes doing bad dude things.
    Awards:
    Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
    Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Skyhooked
    Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:34 pm

Beiarusia wrote:Alright, so nix the Pip-Boy. OP told me not to have one so I assume it applies to everyone until further notice. Concerning his bio, it's good, but I'm gonna allow the OP to weigh in on the Area 51 bit.

Removed that Pip-boy 3000. Don't know why OP has something against it, it's not a nuke launcher or something.

I knew, you would like that bio. Worked on it for a while. As for Area 51... I had to make up some reason, why this nordic dude ended in in Georgia. If there are other legitemate ideas of relatively fast travel, so I won't have to rewrite his bio entirely, l'll gladly accept any advices.

Besides, teleports are not something, that didn't exist in Fallout world. Aliens had them, Institute had one too. And that Old World Blues transportalponder... so possibility of pre-war scientists making a prototype before the nuclear exchange is not something to be excluded. Far fetched it might be, it's still relatively legitemate.

Perhpas we'll have to wait for the OP's verdict...

May his judgement be a just one.

Should ya' dislike my sample for some reason, I have many of those, and can offer you some other. I spent some time for this character, hope to get accepted. In case something needs fixing, I'll fix it. (Hope it's not my attitude.)
    Last edited by Skyhooked on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:48 am, edited 6 times in total.

Refreshing News:

Tayner
    Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
    Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:01 pm

Skyhooked wrote:
    Beiarusia wrote:Alright, so nix the Pip-Boy. OP told me not to have one so I assume it applies to everyone until further notice. Concerning his bio, it's good, but I'm gonna allow the OP to weigh in on the Area 51 bit.

Removed that Pip-boy 3000. Don't know why OP has something against it, it's not a nuke launcher or something.

I knew, you would like that bio. Worked on it for a while. As for Area 51... I had to make up some reason, why this nordic dude ended in in Georgia. If there are other legitemate ideas of relatively fast travel, so I won't have to rewrite his bio entirely, l'll gladly accept any advices.

Besides, teleports are not something, that didn't exist in Fallout world. Aliens had them, Institute had one too. And that Old World Blues transportalponder... so possibility of pre-war scientists making a prototype before the nuclear exchange is not something to be excluded. Far fetched it might be, it's still relatively legitemate.

Should ya' dislike my sample for some reason, I have many of those, and can offer you some other. I spent some time for this character, hope to get accepted. In case something needs fixing, I'll fix it. (Hope it's not my attitude.)

No on the teleportation. Relatively legit doesn't make it plausible. If you're worried about your characters backstory, simply make him a little older and have him walk the distance for some reason, be it exile, odyssey, or adventure.
    If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
    -No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
    -No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
    -There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
    -Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
    Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Skyhooked
    Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:09 pm

Tayner wrote:
    Skyhooked wrote:

No on the teleportation. Relatively legit doesn't make it plausible. If you're worried about your characters backstory, simply make him a little older and have him walk the distance for some reason, be it exile, odyssey, or adventure.

I edited the bio, so there are no teleporations whatsoever. Besides, having him to walk such a long distance fits his odyssey better. I also put bio in spoiler for convenience. Shall I fix anything else?

Edit: I also wonder, how are traits assigned?
    Last edited by Skyhooked on Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Refreshing News:

Skyhooked
    Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:19 am

Hope RP's gonna get more life with weekends.

Refreshing News:

Vacif
    Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
    Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:03 pm

How many people are even accepted?
    Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
    Member of Task Force Atlas
    Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Skyhooked
    Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:41 pm

Vacif wrote:How many people are even accepted?

At least four. Perhpas I'll get accepted eventually...

Maybe ol' OP should lower the standarts of admission just a lil' bit. A single lil' bit... And there gonna be more folks, so RP won't die... And I made such an awesome character... well...

Refreshing News:

Beiarusia
    Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:57 pm

Skyhooked wrote:
    Vacif wrote:How many people are even accepted?

Maybe ol' OP should lower the standarts of admission just a lil' bit. A single lil' bit... And there gonna be more folks, so RP won't die... And I made such an awesome character... well...

I'll go over the app later tonight, but if you changed the teleporter bit you should be good. Also, OP has informed me that you can have a Pip-Boy since you're from a Vault.

Shadowwell
    Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
    Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:27 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
    Skyhooked wrote:

I'll go over the app later tonight, but if you changed the teleporter bit you should be good. Also, OP has informed me that you can have a Pip-Boy since you're from a Vault.

If you could review my app as well while you are at it i would appreciate it, once it has been looked over i will remove the wip from it if no other changes are needed.
    ✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
    WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Anowa
    Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:55 pm

Skyhooked wrote:Name: Jorgen Helm
    Appearance: Jorgen Helm is a tall and pretty big and strong looking man with fair skin some freckles and blue eyes. Nope, he doesn't have that fancy six pack. His face with nordic traits has a long scar near his left eye, that was rendered blind. His hair is long and red, and he has extended goatee beard with a bead.

Together with his outfit he wears lots of different trinkets like necklaces and some chain trinkets on his belt.

Height: 6'2
    Weight: 207'1

SPECIAL:
    Perception: 3
    Endurance: 7
    Charisma:6
    Intelligence:6
    Agility:6
    Luck:6

Strengths:
    Valhalla bound
    Just like his ancestors, Jorgen fights with great prowess, skill, and bravery. Should he take any melee weapon or fight without weapons at all, he demonstrates great ability. He never specifically learned this skill, it came naturally to him, and his understanding of this is mostly intuitive. This intuition also helps him to fight with firearms and allows him to handle them well despite his perception problem. Even military ones. Extreme bravery comes together with this skill.

Sagas lore
    Thanks to extensive exploration and reading terminals entries, Jorgen knows alot about pre-war world. While it's mostly truth about unethical governmental or corporate practices, media and culture, some terminal entries had lots of valuable data on technology and science. This helped him greatly in understanding hi-tech items, their use and value. Scientific knowledge was boosted too. Complicated long words won't trick him. And thanks to reading medical journals, he knows how a thing or two about first aid.

Warrior's constitution.
    Jorgen's constitution allows him to withstand or even shrugg off wounds, diseases and poisonings, that would kill or incapacitete an ordinary man. It takes longer for him to get exhausted too. Nope, it doesn't make him nigh invincible though...

Skald of the wastelands.
    Neither he is a great diplomat, who can persuade people that sky is green, nor he is a master seducer. Yet, his skill of inspiring can help to persuade someone to do things his way. He knows how to bluff too. Aside from that, travels with caravans helped him to learn the art of cunning, trading and bartering. After all, what kind of wannabe viking doesn't know how to sell and buy?

Weaknesses:
    One-eyed.
    In a skirmish against Caesar's legionaries, Jorgen's recklessness cost him an eye. Because of a wound it became nearly blind. While he still can see, he can see less things than before. It doesn't impair his ability to shoot with reasonable accuracy though. As being one eyed scandinavian doesn't automatically grant lots of wisdom, it's a clear weakness.

Old ways are better.
    Jorgen's knowlede of technology is mostly shallow or surface. Because of that advanced energy weapons are not something, he would show prowess with. Yeah, he can shoot them, but if something breaks down, for him it would just become another fancy club, to bash skulls with, as he won't be able to fix the problem. Repairing advanced electronics, robotechnics or hacking complicated terminals are skills beyond him. He still can hack simple or even some average protections though.

Reckless
    Bravery is a good thing, however, it can eclipse self preservatin instinct, that is necessary for survival. Jorgen has a tendency not to care about dangers and to charge into the battle, or go exploring unknown place without even considering odds. This got Jorgen into many troubles and cost him an eye.

Trait:
    Equipment:

-Old jeans.
    -Pre-war police flak vest with a painted valknut on it.
    -Armored boots.
    -Pip Boy 3000 mk2. (Can be feely taken off, but has no plug.)
    -Shoulder bag.

-Northman's rifle. (Customized service rifle. Looks like survivor's rifle, but uses 5.56 ammo, has collimator sight and a bayonet. 7x 5.56mm magazines 20 rounds.)
    -44. Magnum revolver. (24x 44.magnum rounds.)
    -Sawed off shotgun (16x 12 gauge rounds.)
    -Engraved axe

-First aid kit.
    -Two bottles of nuka cola victory.
    -Two bottles of scotch.
    -One pulse grenade.
    -One alien power cell in his necklace.
    -436 caps.
    -Many trinkets.

Personality: Jorgen is a curious, adventurous and slightly naive man, who's psychological age is doesn't keep up with physical. He can be rowdy, but his heart is in right place and he is pretty tolerant to different races and cultures. He is pretty emotional and passionate both in fight and party.

Likes: Alcoholic drinks, good fight, exploring interesting places and discovering secrets of pre-war world, paganism, exotic trinkets.
    Dislikes: Being pushed and ordered around too much, uptight people, snobs, cynicism.

Bio:
    Jorgen Helm was born in Vault 57, where Helms, an immigrant family from Norway took cover during the nuclear exchange. As he grew up, he was introduced to various traditions of his ancestors by his family. History, literature and Norse mythology took a special place deeply in his heart and he became an Asatru just like his family. Not all school lessons were exactly interesting for him, but he turned out to be smart enough to get decent grades most of the time, despite his bias towards different entertainments.

Eventually, Jorgen grew into a problem adolescent, who started drinking early and trying to have multiple casual relations. Sometimes, he even got himself into troubles with the overseer over different matters. Still, he was on relatively good terms with other vault dwellers, thanks to his relatively friendly demeanor and having heart in right place. Yet, some hated Jorgen with passion, those people were Mr. Abernathy, who saw Jorgen having affairs with his wife, priest Emmet, who always had beef with his family, because of their pagan ways and a local gang, whom he managed to beat up every time they tried to bully him.

During his life in the vault, Jorgen heared many stories of outside world, and they fascinated him, so one day, he decided to go and explore the wasteland himself. He left the safe vault, and went on a journey across former USA. For years, he explored, got himself into various troubles because of his recklessness, uncovered mysetires of pre-war world and fought many kinds of foes, from radroaches and molerats to raiders and slavers. Jorgen frequently travelled with the caravans, so he could earn some money, and visited many interesting places and towns.

In cities and settlements, Jorgen Helm was seen as slightly out of place due to his upbringing and beliefs, but still accepted thanks to his demeanor.

He was in San Francisco, Klamath, New Reno, visited heart of the NCR, Shady Sands and many other places. Once, he stumbled across fabulous New Vegas, where he worked as a mercenary just to earn enough caps to visit Strip and see it, even if it got him a permanent injury. When he volunteered for a mercenary job for NCR, and fought together with an NCR squad against legion, he underestimated combat prowess of a centurion. He managed to defeat him in melee, but lost an eye. For that action, he recieved a hefty reward of 4000 caps. Together with a sum, he earned earlier, it was a small fortune.

When Jorgen arrived to the Strip, he wasn't disappointed. At this luxurious resort, many attractions let him to overindulge for a two weeks, until he wasted almsot all his caps. Still it was one of the best moments in his life. He still keeps chips from Gomorrah, Tops and Ultra Luxe with him as souvenir trinkets.

After those happy days, he decided to scavenge in the infamous Area 51, hoping to find lots of valuable loot, so he could sell it and continue his odyssey. Regrettably, his knowledge of base security, he obtained in Repconn facility confirmed. Area was too well guarded by pre-war robots, that still roamed the place, so he couldn't even enter it. However, he managed to find a broken robot.

It's parts were valuable enough to fetch him enough caps, that would allow him to buy food and drinks to proceed on his journey to the East. Arizona was too dangerous for Jorgen Helm,as it was a craddle and mainland of Caesar's legion and he was declared "in damnatio memoriae" for killing their revered officer, so he decided to make a hook. Jorgen went through the Zion national park. It's beauty impressed him greatly, so he stayed there for two weeks. Admiring it inspired him to continue his odyssey.

Then he proceeded further to the East, periodically stopping to admire various places, and in one instance took a turn to the south. In a long time, Jorgen finally made it to the Georgia. A town of Greensboro looked good enough for him to stay for a while, so he booked a cheap room for a few days. Jorgen had a faint feeling, that he is about to witness a historical event, that will soon unfold. Right after he slept and rested from a long walk. Perhaps it's just his stomach, but what if it's not?

RP Example: I have a Fallout RP sample. Just for ya'. Here: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=425409&start=25

Please tell me, that I didn't miss or mess up something. If I did, tell me where... I'll fix it.

It all checks out to me.

Axeepted
    Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Anowa
    Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:20 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Name: Roderick McKade
    Race: Human
    Appearance: Roddie is not tall but not too short either, he is thin for his height but not gaunt. He boasts a full head of vibrant red hair with a surprisingly well groomed goatee. Though not handsome, nor ugly the visible scars he has give him a striking allure. Typically he wears a lab coat of sorts when working though does where modified civilian clothes when operating much of the time.
    Height: 5' 10"
    Weight: 160 lbs
    S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
    STR: 4 | PER: 5 | END: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 9 | AGI: 5 | LCK: 5

Strengths:
      I'm A Doctor
      Roddie is first and foremost a Doctor and Surgeon, due to this he is relatively skilled in this field and most thinks associated with it. With or without the proper tools Roderick is a veritable wizard at an operating table able to do things simple medics would be unable to. Aside from the traditional skills one would associate with doctors and surgeons Roderick also has looked into nontraditional medical practices.

And I Know Things
      Throughout his time in Greensboro and the Georgian wastes he has gained some amount of general knowledge about a variety of things. This knowledge ranges from plants in the wastes and their uses to how to cook, how to make certain chems or facsimile's of them, some about farming and gardening, even speaking.

By Virtue of Intelligence

Though not versed in much beyond the field of medicine his level of intelligence does enable him to do some things people lacking in intelligence would be unable to. This mostly klends itself to figuring out
    Weaknesses:
      Not A...
      Roddie is a skilled Surgeon and Chemist, but is good at little else. He is a Doctor not a miracle worker, well aside from medical miracles. Though not entirely inept he is not skilled in any form of physical or mundane combat, he knows some about energy weapons and similar pieces of technology but not about handling them.
      They're Always After Me Lucky Charms

His long term stay with Raiders has made him somewhat paranoid about people stealing his things or things he considers his. When he thinks someone has taken his things he becomes erratic and eventually violent.

Strong in Mind not in Body

Despite his intelligence and skill with a scalpel or perhaps because of it his body is average if not below average in many aspects. He is weaker than someone of his height and size should be but not overly so, his reaction time and perceptive abilities are strictly average, same with everything else.
    Trait: (To be assigned by OP)

Personality:
      Dislikes: reality

Equipment:
        - Caps x124
        - Doctor's bag
        - various medical paraphernalia (including herbs and Poultice's)
        - Combat Medic Armor(essentially lightened modified Combat Armor for when out in the field)
        - 10mm pistol
        - 2-3 mags (24-36 rounds) of 10mm ammo
        - 2-5 stimpaks (when about town)
        -

Bio: Roderick was born to a Family-Clan of nomadic travelers who roamed the Wastes. They made the foolhardy decision to travel through Raider territory when Roderick was still a child. Roderick, his parents and a few others were sacrificed by the Clan to allow the rest to escape. Roderick and a few of the younger clan members were the only survivors, it was easier to make a good slave from younger stock after all.

It was when he was 13 that his position within the Raider group began to change, the old healer of the group began to deteriorate physically, Roderick was the only person who showed any promise as a doctor of any kind. He displayed phenomenal potential in the field of medicine as well as a notable skill in making chems. Though the Raiders kept him for his skill with chems than with a scalpel they still treated him less like a slave. He began to be treated better by the Raiders but they were wary of him so they kept him addicted to chems, not a smart move but hey they were Raiders.

It was not until he was 17 that he was freed from the Raider group and their camp, it would be more accurate to say he took his freedom. It took some time but he was able to scavenge the ingredients to make some Fixer so he could remain clearheaded and set his plan in motion. When not Raiding the Raiders were typically drugged to the gills or torturing new captures, Roderick made sure the drugs were especially strong. While the Raiders were out he killed some of them and made sure any future drugs would be a bad batch, so to speak. Thus he left the Raiders behind him uncaring and didn't look back, physically anyways.

Though it was nowhere near what he had wanted Roderick had accepted his lot as a doctor, a fact he kept close to him after he left. During his journey he looked for anything which could help him as a doctor be it magazines, terminals, equipment, anything. He saw and learned many things during his time wandering, not just about surgery and chems but about native plantlife and such found in the Georgian Wasteland.

Around 6 or 7 years ago he came to Greensboro and never left, he has become involved with some of the citizens over his time there. A couple of years ago a bright child by the name of Ennis got mauled by the dog of a Raider, Roderick was able to save her life but not her arms. After recovering she left with her guardian an elderly man, a year ago she returned with prosthetic arms. Since that time Roderick has been doing the same as he had been, providing medical services to the citizens of Greensboro.

RP Example:
      TBD

I see no issues.

Accepted.
      Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads