NATION

PASSWORD

NS Parliament Life Outside [IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:02 am

God Above All, All Below God

Hark! Two men have been caught on our holy grounds engaging in sodomy! They were convicted unanimously by an impartial jury of clergymen. Under Levictus 20:13, the judge was obliged to sentence both to death; their blood shall be on their own heads! The execution takes place tonight.
Last edited by Agarntrop on Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:14 am

Official Dispatch

I would like to make it known that while I am Christian, these extremists who are threatening to kill people for trespassing will not be tolerated. I have the full Fort Ulrika Police force at my command. I am sending an ambassador to negotiate a deal with the church. If the deal fails, expect that senior members of the church who issued the death threat will be arrested.

Sincerely
-James Kendall

The ambassador knocks on the door of the church, waiting for a response.
Last edited by The Archipelago Territory on Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:15 am

The Archipelago Territory wrote:
Official Dispatch
(Image)

I would like to make it known that while I am Christian, these extremists who are threatening to kill people for trespassing will not be tolerated. I have the full Fort Ulrika Police force at my command. I am sending an ambassador to negotiate a deal with the church. If the deal fails, expect that senior members of the church who issued the death threat will be arrested.

Sincerely
-James Kendall

"This isn't Fort Ulrika, y'know. You have no control over us."
Left Without Edge

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:29 am

Agarntrop wrote:
Official Dispatch
(Image)

Sincerely
-James Kendall

"This isn't Fort Ulrika, y'know. You have no control over us."

OOC: I thought it was. What constituency?
YANG GANG 2020

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:31 am

Agarntrop wrote:"This isn't Fort Ulrika, y'know. You have no control over us."

OOC: I thought it was. What constituency?

Ärmvika
Left Without Edge

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:31 am

“Yes, I know. But we’re gonna broker a deal, or arrest the executive members in Saint Hilda.”
YANG GANG 2020

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:35 am

The Archipelago Territory wrote:“Yes, I know. But we’re gonna broker a deal, or arrest the executive members in Saint Hilda.”

"You can't arrest us. We will resist your sinful ways. Now, if you excuse me, I need to direct an execution."
Left Without Edge

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:53 am

Agarntrop wrote:
The Archipelago Territory wrote:“Yes, I know. But we’re gonna broker a deal, or arrest the executive members in Saint Hilda.”

"You can't arrest us. We will resist your sinful ways. Now, if you excuse me, I need to direct an execution."

The ambassador calls the local police.

“We have a situation, this man is going to kill somebody.”
YANG GANG 2020

East Meranopirus
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby East Meranopirus » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:58 am

OOC: I think there's a problem with this RP situation. No one can act as the police (local or national), so there is literally no way to stop the execution.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:00 am

East Meranopirus wrote:OOC: I think there's a problem with this RP situation. No one can act as the police (local or national), so there is literally no way to stop the execution.

OOC: Fort Ulrika Police will arrest some members and only release them if the execution is stopped. Also since he owns the constituency, he can probably RP the police
YANG GANG 2020

Martune
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Martune » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:00 am

East Meranopirus wrote:OOC: I think there's a problem with this RP situation. No one can act as the police (local or national), so there is literally no way to stop the execution.

OOC: parliament can act in this though. It gives us another scenario to work with. And I like it
Admin of NS Parliament
Join: NS Parliament, a government RP where the possibilities are endless!

Who even knows what I am politically anymore

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:02 am

Martune wrote:

OOC: parliament can act in this though. It gives us another scenario to work with. And I like it

OOC: me too, but we have less time. We’re voting on a speaker and bill. Can we interrupt the vote with an emergency session, maybe a committee?
Last edited by The Archipelago Territory on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
YANG GANG 2020

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:05 am

God Above All, All Below God

The execution has been carried out! The entirity of the Holy population watched as a sword was plunged from ear to ear of each sodomite, causing their blood to be on their own heads, as commanded in Leviticus 20:13. Then, to make sure they are truly put to death and rejected by the church, the executioner allowed stones to be thrown at their tied-up bodies by the crowd until it was confirmed that they had been consigned to hell.
Last edited by Agarntrop on Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Left Without Edge

Martune
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Martune » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:16 am

Martune wrote:OOC: parliament can act in this though. It gives us another scenario to work with. And I like it

OOC: me too, but we have less time. We’re voting on a speaker and bill. Can we interrupt the vote with an emergency session, maybe a committee?

OOC: if I win speaker I’ll talk with the PM about an emergency session that will cut off our legislative week
Admin of NS Parliament

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:31 am

Official Dispatch

Several executive members of the Church’s Fort Ulrika branch have now been arrested for death threats and are being detained. Sadly I have no jurisdiction over the actual murderers. Stay strong, they will be brought to justice by parliament.
Sincerely
-James Kendall
Last edited by The Archipelago Territory on Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
YANG GANG 2020

Saint Hildan League for Biblical Law
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Hildan League for Biblical Law » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:45 am

Official Dispatch
(Image)

Several executive members of the Church’s Fort Ulrika branch have now been arrested for death threats and are being detained. Sadly I have no jurisdiction over the actual murderers. Stay strong, they will be brought to justice by parliament.
Sincerely
-James Kendall

The members of the church attempt to break out of their cells, using axes to kill any guards. They then release sarin gas into a synagogue, causing mayhem.

Martune
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Martune » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:54 am

Saint Hildan League for Biblical Law wrote:
Official Dispatch
(Image)

Sincerely
-James Kendall

The members of the church attempt to break out of their cells, using axes to kill any guards. They then release sarin gas into a synagogue, causing mayhem.

OOC: we aren’t letting this get out of hand. Chill out people
Admin of NS Parliament

New Lindale
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Lindale » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:25 am

New Lindale wrote:"Anyways, why don't figure out where we both are on this issue while we wait for a waiter. To start, what is your position for having brackets. For me, I cannot decide if a flat tax, or a dual tier system would be better."

“I honestly didn’t read the complete bill. Once I saw the 40% income tax and the negative tax credits I stopped reading it.”

"I mainly just would like to know just your general opinion or prefered approach on an income tax, but I totally understand where you're coming from. I knew from that from the get-go of how intricate the basic income taxes were outlined, that the bill would be disastrous.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

Vedastia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vedastia » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:46 pm

Von Leslie responds to Miller's email.

To: Austin Miller
Subject: Re: Possible Meeting
The Archipelago Territory wrote:An email is sent to the Prime Minister, Carl von Leslie
To: Prime Minister Carl von Leslie
Subject: Possible Meeting

Hello, Mr. Prime Minister, as the Right-Honorable Prime Minister, you wield a lot of power over our politics. I would like to meet with you to discuss changing parties, perhaps to the NPP. Maybe we could meet at the milkshake bar outside parliament, or somewhere outside the chamber.

Warm Regards,
Austin Miller

My dear colleague,

Yes I would be interested in a meeting with you. What time?

Carl von Leslie
Prime Minister of Saint Hilda
Jan van der Stel, MP for Ouderkerk in the NS Parliament
Leader of the National Freedom Party - Freedom for Our People
Dinake wrote:
Zoice wrote:The far right is truly to blame. The left may lose ground to them, but they wouldn't be losing ground if there wasn't the far right in the first place calling for batshit insanity.
That's like saying "blockbuster wouldn't be losing ground to netflix if there wasn't any netflix".
Major-Tom wrote:
Risottia wrote:Reality has a left-wing bias.
God, if I had a nickel for every time I heard some smug internet warrior say this...

Borovan entered the region as he
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovan entered the region as he » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:54 pm

Alastar was typing on his phone. He was in a town hall meeting at a school after the vote and address concerns.

When he stepped out an anxious gathering of people was there. "Good day. The tax bill that has passed was the first bill signed to law after the constitution and some provisions set to place, now in not totally satisfied with everything, the bill imposes taxes that are too high for my liking and ends up going too far distributing the wealth. However, " he held," I really think it is opportunity that we can build and continue. Things can be changed and we can alter to insert these changes later."

Some of the people clapped. "If also like to point out that despite so it's a success that we maintained a good opportunity for our citizens working class, middle class, or rich. Some politicians really believe that they want to go out and pander to the rich because they think they can influence and concentrate wealth or the middle class because they are the largest force in driving this economy but we need to be in this together and believe we can keeping going. Our economy is made up of people of different stripes, laborers, teachers, doctors, businessmen, and more. And what we need and have is a fine first step to ensure everyone can get good economic bill for them." He then paused and sporadic claps were heard.

"Now I'm gonna give you some opportunity to ask questions."

"What are your opinions on education?" asked a man.

"I believe that the lower levels of government is most involved and that we have the funds to support it. The regents should not have too much power in administrating how it's done because then it's like they see it as a something bureaucratic. There should be responsible changes and I think it will be difficult to figure out. Next question."

"Are you married?" a woman asked.

He smiled, "Interesting question. No, I'm not married. But I'll look for one in the future, it's just not that important right now.,"he then addressed the rest of the crowd,"I can tell she might want something to do with me," he said jokingly as a few laughs were heard."Next."

"What is your view on health care?" asked an older man with biege polo shirt and black trousers.

"I think we need it privatized. We need competition but we need to address problems with insurers and doctors potentially overbilling for things to increase profits that it ends up increasing the bills so we need accountability. Next."

"I have a hard time picking a good plumber. There are shitty plumbers but the folks are random, would you support some way to make sure we get the less shitty plumbers."

"Standards are good. I think we need to have standards and make sure people are certified. But sometimes you'll get this happen so you need to be vigilant. Final question."

"Do you support gay marriage and should we have gender neutral restrooms?" said a young boy.

"I believe I'm getting apathetic on this issue no offense but if I were pressed I'm against it don't get me Wrong i think people are equal but it's just how I respond. Gender neutral restrooms? Interesting to say the least but I id support it if it's not too much. We should not have potential problems of any sexual harassment happening but I think colleges are a good because the people are mature and you get less miscreants."

New Lindale
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Lindale » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:05 am

"Oh Austin, I cannot believe I didn't see it before, there aren't any protections for non profit organisations! We definetly need to address that.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:24 am

New Lindale wrote:"Oh Austin, I cannot believe I didn't see it before, there aren't any protections for non profit organisations! We definetly need to address that.

“Yeah, we’ll need to make a new bill”
YANG GANG 2020

Borovan entered the region as he
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovan entered the region as he » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:24 am

Alastar was scheduled for a trip to Waverly Place. He was about to talk to some special interests in the retail and financial industry but before he was going to attend and dine in a restaurant. As he was eating after ordering , a woman appeared. "Ahh, Minister of Parliament Macdanieus. It's very nice to see you. Apologies I hope I'm not interrupting."

Alastar stared, slightly annoyed, "Ah of course not, no, we can talk."

The woman was dressed somewhat glamorously but gave the air of distinct superiority compared with the other nonchalant formal guests, not unnormal considering the status of the restaurant and the area around. "I want to thank you for visiting this town. We like you here."

He scoffed, "That's everyone says."

"No really. We'd love to serve you and hope the best for your term.."

"Thank you." as he started to take a bite of the steak. "Now what were you going to talk?"

"Well, I know that this district and your constituents are very diverse, but I was hoping that if you do something for us, we'd make it worthwhile on you," she winked.

"Sorry?"

"I want you to listen to our concerns. Not them." she said, "We want some changes. A freeway is gonna be built and we don't want it here. We want it somewhere else."

"You want it somewhere else?"

"Yes." she said while sipping coffee.

"The only way that could happen is if it's redirected a longer route towards Venir Park which serves some differently interesting demographics."

"Do what it takes."as she handed a card.
Last edited by Borovan entered the region as he on Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vedastia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vedastia » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:17 pm

Carl von Leslie enters the Governor-General's residence.

"Your Excellency, I would like to appoint Rasti Andresson my Minister of Foreign Affairs."
Jan van der Stel, MP for Ouderkerk in the NS Parliament
Leader of the National Freedom Party - Freedom for Our People
Dinake wrote:
Zoice wrote:The far right is truly to blame. The left may lose ground to them, but they wouldn't be losing ground if there wasn't the far right in the first place calling for batshit insanity.
That's like saying "blockbuster wouldn't be losing ground to netflix if there wasn't any netflix".
Major-Tom wrote:
Risottia wrote:Reality has a left-wing bias.
God, if I had a nickel for every time I heard some smug internet warrior say this...

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:44 pm

Vedastia wrote:Von Leslie responds to Miller's email.

To: Austin Miller
Subject: Re: Possible Meeting
The Archipelago Territory wrote:An email is sent to the Prime Minister, Carl von Leslie
To: Prime Minister Carl von Leslie
Subject: Possible Meeting

Hello, Mr. Prime Minister, as the Right-Honorable Prime Minister, you wield a lot of power over our politics. I would like to meet with you to discuss changing parties, perhaps to the NPP. Maybe we could meet at the milkshake bar outside parliament, or somewhere outside the chamber.

Warm Regards,
Austin Miller

My dear colleague,

Yes I would be interested in a meeting with you. What time?

Carl von Leslie
Prime Minister of Saint Hilda

Miller replies to Von Leslie:

To: Carl von Leslie (cvlesile@gov.hd)
Re: Possible Merting

I have already resolved the initial matter with my party, but I would still like to meet with you. As for the time, I’m currently getting milkshakes with another MP, you’re free to come by whenever you want.

Austin Miller
MP from Saint Hilda’s 2nd Municipality
YANG GANG 2020

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse